Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Jan 1, 1999, 12:34
Total Comments 4531 (Master)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project C Announced
3. Re: Project C Announced Mar 8, 2018, 11:03  Blue 

MacLeod wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 10:57:
I don't see any screenshots... just concept art.

You are correct, thanks. I made a sneaky slipstream edit to correct that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
14. Re: removed Mar 6, 2018, 07:51  Blue 

Cutter,

Right now your wishing people violent deaths on the forums is up here at about a 10... I'm going to need you to immediately bring that down a bit, to somewhere right around zero.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: removed Feb 27, 2018, 16:14  Blue 

You are going to have to dial it back a notch or two, okay?  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2018, 13:03  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 10:49:
Under Legal?
I guess if you consider that some of our laws and their enforcement is ridiculous.
But 5 axis image stabilization, sweet!

Ooops, yeah, that was mis-filed. Sorry. Guess it should just stay that way now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2018, 18:17  Blue 

PHJF wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 15:13:
I mean, it can't be worse than watching pimple popping and tumor extractions all day on Youtube...I hope...

The smell is. My hound has very "active" glands, and hounds are predisposed to having issues with them. The glands are supposed to secrete naturally during bowel movements but hounds often need "outside stimulation".

Truth. It literally smelled like something crawled up Gunnar's ass and died.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2018, 17:47  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 17:23:
So Hudson's favorite game was Terraria?

Airedale Terraria.

Apparently some Airedales dig just like the smaller terriers do. Luckily for us, Hudson was not one of them. I can only imagine the kind of holes left by a 60 lb dog.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 10:24  Blue 

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 12:50:
For the battery problem:

Do you do short trips in the car often? Batteries don't fully recharge and most mechanics will tell you that you need to drive 15 minutes + to recharge the battery. If you seriously drive only 5 minutes each time your battery will die in a couple years instead of lasting for 4-5 years like usual.

Rough article on it

Actually, it's the opposite. The Honda does most of its work on the highway. Driving together around here we take my car. MrsBlue's car's last use before this incident was to drive back from Pennsylvania (around 100 miles). So theoretically it should have been as full as it could get (which is the reason I entertained the idea that the alternator had a problem).

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2018, 13:06  Blue 

What we *think* happened is that the contractor didn't install the shower pan properly and trimmed the top of the skirt incorrectly. At one point after the shower was put to use, the water backed up in the floor of the shower due to a clogged drain. This was probably simply because stuff was working its way through for the first time in decades (I found a mouse skeleton amid the debris I cleaned up in the water). We think the water ended up going high enough on the skirt to get it to, in effect, flush, dumping all that water into the ceiling below.

We can only theorize at this point based on what we know about what happened and can see from below, so this may change when they tear out the bottom of the shower and see what's what. But it's going to be a demolition, not an autopsy, so I don't think I expect any actual answers.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
14. Re: etc. Jan 11, 2018, 20:05  Blue 

deqer wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:54:
I'm trying to delete my comment, and can't. I've updated my password, and it updated successfully, and still can't delete my post. This site is such a piece of shit.

Has good news though.

Deleting posts is an administrative function. As has been pointed out before, since all it does is replace the body of your text with a deleted notification, so if you want you can edit the post and say you deleted its content yourself.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2018, 14:44  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 14:06:
Don't show the dog that he has a 5 star cold rating http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/jindo#/slide/1 vs http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/poodle#/slide/1
Hehe

That is funny. Though it fits how they are both somewhat oddball examples of their breeds. Jedi is pretty all-around small, and doesn't have as full a coat as many of those pictures. And Gunnar is a few inches short for a Poodle, but weighs as much as one of normal height, so he's a bit of a stocky bruiser... for a Poodle that is.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2018, 17:32  Blue 

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 15:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 14:45:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 14:09:
What's "Insanely cold?" to you?
I doubt this was directed at me, but I have a moment, so I'll give my answer. First, let me state the obvious by saying the answer to this question is HIGHLY variable from person to person. Also, I'm not sure what "insanely" means in this context. This is how I am going to interpret the question:

How cold does it have to before you postpone a normal activity because it is simply too cold to go outside?

For me, that would be around -20 F. Anything above that isn't particularly tough to dress for, unless you're going to be outside for long periods (say more than an hour).

It's directed at Blue for posting "it's insanely cold" and wanted to know what his insanely cold is to him at the moment.

Personally, Insanely cold to me is around -40C and I've worked in -52C which was like bashing your dick with a hammer to get anything done.

Well then it was not insanely cold here.

When I wrote that it was around -10F (about -23C) counting the wind-chill factor.

I'll go put my coat back in storage until winter really arrives.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 22:24  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 22:17:
Blue wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 14:24:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 13:54:
Trump stops Santa Claus at American border.

Fuck you and your link

Didn't mean that to offend, so I removed the link.

the cause of free speech is far far more important than appeasing the panties of the people who support the worst president in our history. unless it incites violence, let it stand blue. self censorship is the first step down the road of the nazi dictatorship this idiot wants. the freedom of the founding fathers is the freedom to choose our sources, not silence them.

It wasn't about censorship, it was me deciding against being inflammatory on Christmas. My choice.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 14:24  Blue 

Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 13:54:
Trump stops Santa Claus at American border.

Fuck you and your link

Didn't mean that to offend, so I removed the link.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 08:42  Blue 

SlimRam wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 22:11:
Hey Blue, you've probably answered this question 100 times before but... what did you do at MTV? Is that where you met the missus?

Also, at the 2:28 mark Nina was TOTALLY checking you out, you should have dropped the hammer sir!

Haha, not sure how I missed all the obvious signs.

I started at MTV in the programming department calling people part time with music surveys (hence the teenager part). I eventually moved to VH-1 programming where I scheduled the promos, and later the music. Then I joined production at VH-1 as an associate producer where I did VJ segments and produced the countdown show.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 18:07  Blue 

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 18:00:
Billy Squier's middle name is Haislip. Pretty close to Heaslip and probably pronounced the same.

Did not know that... they are pronounced the same, which is the way he spells it, but my side of my family pronounces it wrong (hess-lip). I would imagine it's a family name for him. As far as I know, all of us with the various spellings are relatives to some degree.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 18, 2017, 11:53  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 07:41:
IS THIS THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE DAWN OF MAN - CSGO IS NOT ON THE LIST??? Shocked

Nope, it last happened for two weeks in a row in October.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/185086/steam-top-10
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/184887/steam-top-10

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2017, 11:39  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 11:34:
*ugh* Sad

What a major PITA. In hindsight, were there any warning signs recently? Best of luck in getting a satisfactory result in dealing with the cleanup, the fix, and with the contractor.

Nah, no warning signs. We never used the shower in all the years before renovating the bathroom, so there may have been a congenital draining issue, but I don't feel naive in thinking this is still on the contractor.

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 11:22:
That fricken sucks.
But it might be the needle in the haystack that gives MrsBlue the nudge to move.

You'd think our local market being featured in the NY Times real estate section, the threat of rising interest rates, and tax changes designed to punish homeowners in our state would have nudged her already, but I guess I can hope.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 09:00  Blue 

Enahs wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 20:46:
I will also say that my CVT on my Subarus I really like, because I like driving in automatic mode most of the time but also really enjoy being able to up and down shift on the fly or in certain terrains drive the car as a clutch-less manual. All cars should have this option. But also the CVT in automatic mode at low to mid speeds when accelerating is not as smooth as I would like.

I don't have an issue with the smoothness of the CVT... And what I like about it is that it simulates an auto and upshifts and downshifts as if it had specific gears, which is more what most of us are used to, compared to how most CVTs steadily rev up and down.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2017, 10:52  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 09:20:
Enahs wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 21:38:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 16:59:
Anyone own a Subaru? Crosstrek specifically?

I have a Crosstrek and an Impreza. I get Subarus at cost, cause I know someone. At least in the US, the markup on Subarus's that are not the top of the line pimped out version are only ~$1000-1500. So you can not negotiate down a Subaru very much. Subarus also by default come with a crappy warranty compared to the other cars. But they maintain their value and condition longer than most other cars, so it is an odd dynamic. Subarus are also in high demand, and if you are not willing to take what is available near you, you will be waiting 1-3 months or paying a fee to transfer it from another dealer far away.

Thanks fellas.

Yeah, I noticed that in my research so far. The salesguy at the dealership said the same thing. They limit inventory intentionally to keep supply low and demand high so it's basically the sticker price or nothing. The warranty is pretty standard compared to the rest of them out there. But the longterm is the important bit. I like the boxer engine as well. Gonna go take a loot at the Kia and GMC today but so far it's looking very much like it'll probably be the Crosstrek.

Impreza owner here... We were looking for used, but these retain a surprising amount of their value, so we ended up buying a new 2017 model. After a run around the block updating the computer and replacing the battery it's been a trouble-free car that we really love. It rides well, gets great mileage despite the AWD, looks nice, and seems bigger on the inside than the outside (I presume it has D&D bag-of-holding technology). I see comments in reviews that its one engine choice is underpowered, but while it's not a race car, I think the acceleration is fine, and that only gets mentioned because it's one of the few quibbles you can possibly have with the car. It also has stellar crash-test results.

We're talking about replacing MrsBlue's Civic for our (presumed) move to PA, and I would say the Crosstrek is already atop our shortlist if we do move, based on our satisfaction with the Impreza. Enahs is right though, margins are tight on these, so don't expect to bargain them down very much from the sticker price.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2017, 08:57  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 22:49:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 21:40:
SUCK IT, GIANTS FANS! Suck it long, suck it hard.

Also, Jerry Jones is a douchecanoe.

Can we clone Emmitt Smith and bring him back? Not just because of his skills but also because of his awesome HEB commercials.

Haha! Yeah, so much for the vaunted Eli, LOL!

Stay classy guys.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4531 Comments. 227 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo