Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 4413 (Master)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 10:13  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 09:49:
In the practice of medicine, quacks and snake oil salesmen shall flourish.

Blue, Glad you figured out your Lyme infection, it had to be maddening.

Well, it could have been so much worse... some people suffer endlessly with maladies that are never identified. So while it was a little frustrating to know something was wrong with me that was eluding diagnosis, in the grand scheme of things, we figured it out quickly enough.

It was definitely then a point of concern that there is talk of this "chronic Lyme," since it raised the fear I'd end up with that. This clearly seems not to be the case, and that article is not the only one I've seen cast doubts on whether or not it's a real thing. If it is, I'm certainly happy that I was lucky enough to avoid it. Or if it isn't for that matter.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week Jun 9, 2017, 13:39  Blue 

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 08:42:
Retired wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 08:22:
A side note, some time ago I made Blue the President of the BN group - so he has full control.

I didn't know you were the crew leader before. Does Blue even play GTA?

I did, but every time I jump in I get frustrated by the hackers myself. Last time I played, firey explosions started going off in my apartment. As someone said, the wild west.

If there's someone else I should put in charge of the crew, just let me know.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 10:50  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 10:32:
Or you could just eat a banana with the yogurt. Never buy flavoured crap, it's all just sugar and chemicals. I regularly make smoothies with fruit, spinach, and kefir - which you should be consuming instead anyway. I like Scandinavian yogurt as it's more like a labeneh or cream cheese.

I thought it was clear from my post that the absence of sugar and chemicals was the problem here, not the solution.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

45. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 00:03  Blue 

Retired wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 23:37:
Good luck Blue, my tile guys are MIA and having a hell of a time getting callbacks or people to show when they say they will. Apparently these folks dont like straight cash homie......

I imagine everyone has heard such horror stories... that's one we've been able to avoid so far, and we've got our fingers crossed until things are all done. Of course our tiling has been postponed until Monday now, so maybe we're already in the middle of it, and we just don't realize.

Hope your situation works out! Fingerscrossed

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 14:49  Blue 

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 12:16:
Dogshit never hurt nobody. Yeah, it's a nuisance if you step in it, but it's pretty much gone after some rainfall. It's also completely biodegradable.

Well, no.

True, poop is not exactly an environmental threat on the order of carbon pollution, nuclear waste or a Superfund site. Still, the risk from poop can be more than just a mess on your shoes. Dogs can harbor lots of viruses, bacteria and parasites including harmful pathogens like e coli, giardia and salmonella. (A single gram contains an estimated 23 million bacteria.) Studies have traced 20 to 30 percent of the bacteria in water samples from urban watersheds to dog waste. Just two to three days of waste from 100 dogs can contribute enough bacteria, nitrogen and phosphorous to close 20 miles of a bay-watershed to swimming and shellfishing, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It also can get into the air we breathe: a recent study of air samples in Cleveland, Ohio, and Detroit, Mich., found that 10 to 50 percent of the bacteria came from dog poop.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Outreach Revealed
2. Re: Outreach Revealed Jun 7, 2017, 07:47  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 23:52:
How about "Outreach Reaches Out" for a title?

Sounds like a stretch.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2017, 10:05  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2017, 14:04:
Blue wrote on Jun 5, 2017, 09:28:
Retired wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 11:09:
Its called a hotel.

That may be how this has to work. And of course Manhattan hotel prices are quite reasonable.

Crash on someone's sofa?

One of the buddies out of this group of five (counting me) remains single at our advancing age (and is our hero by remaining amazingly studly), and he's offered to let me crash at his place. But I'm far closer to the other three friends, and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable imposing like that on them, much less him.

That's not to say I'm ruling it out, but it does make me feel awkward just thinking about it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2017, 09:28  Blue 

Retired wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 11:09:
Its called a hotel.

That may be how this has to work. And of course Manhattan hotel prices are quite reasonable.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Fringe Wars Announced
3. Re: Fringe Wars Announced Jun 2, 2017, 16:22  Blue 

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 14:11:
Wait, do you mean to say it is free of Larry Niven, or free to play?

Free of Larry Niven... hence the hyphen. Don't know about the business model yet.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2017, 07:30  Blue 

Beamer wrote on May 24, 2017, 21:30:
Blue wrote on May 24, 2017, 20:01:
Beamer wrote on May 24, 2017, 13:15:
Blue wrote on May 24, 2017, 12:24:
Beamer wrote on May 24, 2017, 11:59:
It's more like you buy a Jeep, and a year later they give you a box with new rims in it, which is yours to keep, but tell you that, in order to open the box, you need to buy a key from them.

You forgot the part where after you buy the Jeep, every 100 miles you drive they give you a free box that may have new rims in it.

Right. It could be new rims, or it could be an air freshener. Only $500 to buy the key to find out.

You seem to be missing (ignoring?) my point that they give you loot boxes for free. Not to mention they do not make you buy them, and they provide no in-game advantages. But I'm not here to tell you not to be mad if that makes you happy.

It's not really free, though, right? It's a free opportunity to spend $3. That's what gets me. The whole thing is designed to give someone who may not spend $3 a big reason to. It's stingy.

I have to apologize... I conflated your post with some complaints from another one, and made the assumption we were discussing Overwatch here, not CS:GO. Sorry about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 20:01  Blue 

Beamer wrote on May 24, 2017, 13:15:
Blue wrote on May 24, 2017, 12:24:
It's more like you buy a Jeep, and a year later they give you a box with new rims in it, which is yours to keep, but tell you that, in order to open the box, you need to buy a key from them.

You forgot the part where after you buy the Jeep, every 100 miles you drive they give you a free box that may have new rims in it.

Right. It could be new rims, or it could be an air freshener. Only $500 to buy the key to find out.

You seem to be missing (ignoring?) my point that they give you loot boxes for free. Not to mention they do not make you buy them, and they provide no in-game advantages. But I'm not here to tell you not to be mad if that makes you happy.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 12:24  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2017, 12:30  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on May 12, 2017, 11:13:
Blue, doesn't one of your relatives work for the NIST?

edit: or maybe some bn forum member mentioned a relative of theirs was, anyway it's all relative.

It's my uncle, who works directly on that measurements and standards stuff, specifically finding a more precise way to define a kilogram. He probably works with the guy in that video.

He's a pretty accomplished physicist.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 12, 2017, 07:58  Blue 

Nice work Kxmode. Thanks.

Also, *Frans*.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2017, 07:52  Blue 

StealthR6 wrote on May 11, 2017, 23:28:
However be warmed, owning these dogs are like joining a cult. They are not typical dogs, they think they are gods and expect to be treated like them LOL.

Haha, I got a little sense of that from the pair I met. One of them was telling his owner he needed food by shooting him this royal "you are not doing your job satisfactorily" look.

Love the picture of your dog, sorry for your loss.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2017, 16:20  Blue 

BobBob wrote on May 11, 2017, 14:07:
I'd talk to a real estate person or contractor that's had experience flipping houses and get his/her opinion on what is and isn't worth fixing up before you sell.

That's what got us into this mess to start with.

And thanks Tom, I think at this point we are going to leave our six-foot tub (along a six-foot wall) in place and not re-glaze it. As for the tiles, they are beyond help, they are a mix of original subway tiles from 1929 and more recent replacements, so they don't all match, and tons of them are cracked, displaced, or broken. And we still require a wall demolition to fix the pipes, so we just have boxes of replacement tiles ready to go.

And I caused some confusion with my sloppy terminology here. What I refer to as a "leak" is actually a heavy "drip" from the tub faucet. It still requires the wall be torn open to fix, but calling it a leak implies there might be other water damage to walls or floors, which is not the case.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 10, 2017, 22:59  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on May 10, 2017, 22:21:
RIP Michael Parks

Earl McGraw: "Well, it's been one long goddamn hot miserable shit-ass fuckin' day every inch of the way."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2017, 12:03  Blue 

El Pit wrote on May 9, 2017, 10:42:
Sorry, I haven't had enough coffee yet - you fired the new contractor, too?

No, we had a promising line on one, but he turned out to be too busy. As they all are.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2017, 21:40  Blue 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 8, 2017, 20:56:
Also, how the hell long are we supposed to be believe Star Lord's cassette tapes have lasted, 35+ years of constant playing(probably) while being carried around in various combat situations? Least believable part of the movie!

You saw the scene of Rocket restoring the ship with some sort of repair ray? That thing can probably refresh a cassette tape in low-power mode.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2017, 12:55  Blue 

El Pit wrote on May 8, 2017, 12:06:
People who don't really know Lovecraft's work think that anything with tentacles must be Lovecraftian.

25 times, Blue? This is like you are actually trying to call Cthulhu.

C'mon, it's barely more than once per year.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4413 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo