Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On January 1, 1999
Supporter -
Total Comments 4805 (Master)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2020, 02:10  Blue 

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 23:38:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 21:18:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 15:53:
Well seeing as Standford is saying 65C-75C for 30 mins should kill the virus perhaps everyone should be hitting a sauna or steambath for a good schvitz.

Not sure if serious...
Putting a human in a 65 degree steam bath for 30m would certainly kill the coronavirus, and the human along with it. Steam baths tend to max out at 45 degrees.

Yeah, advice like this seems to always misunderstand that the virus lives in you, not on you. In order to kill it in you, you'd need to raise your internal temperature that high. You'd cook yourself. But this advice keeps getting out there from the poorly informed with agendas.

Maybe Cutter is planning on running for office in Florida?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-county-commissioner-meeting-blow-dryer-up-nose-kills-coronavirus

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Talvisota - Winter War Released

2. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Talvisota - Winter War Released Apr 3, 2020, 12:32  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 12:10:
As if war doesn't suck bad enough. Fighting in the frozen cold? Yeah, pass.

Pretty sure this doesn't actually refrigerate your home.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Get Hob, Gone Home, and Drawful 2 for Free

8. Re: Get Hob, Gone Home, and Drawful 2 for Free Apr 3, 2020, 08:33  Blue 

Luke wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 01:52:
Some people just eat everything.......jezz

Some people just crap on everything. We all need hobbies I guess.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2020, 14:15  Blue 

Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:56:
Dacote wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:44:
Jack Black can do no wrong.

Shallow Hal?

We need a mic drop emoji.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 14:10  Blue 

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:46:
I have to agree with the sentiments others have expressed about Tiger King. It is a show about trash humans just being trash. I couldn't make it through the first episode nor do I really wish to push forward through it.

I understand not wanting to watch it. But the tone of many comments like this suggest that those who watched it felt the subjects were somehow admirable or likable. Far from it. It was a true crime story with a look at a very dark slice of life. I found it an interesting expose of an aberrant culture I previously had no idea existed.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 17:30  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 11:11:
My aunt died yesterday and we don't even know if there will be a funeral/ memorial or anything now because of all the shit going on. Fuck.

Condolences Cutter. The funeral situation is another of the many tragic aspects of COVID-19. MrsBlue was working for a company that works with florists around the country, and saw first-hand that the cancellation of funerals, as well as weddings and other such events, started happening early on the in crisis. This is making it even harder than usual for families to deal with their losses.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 14:29  Blue 

Prez wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 13:50:
I still can't type too well. Just checking in.

It's good to hear from you. I hope you are doing okay.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Vanguard Princess Online Released

3. Re: Vanguard Princess Online Released Apr 1, 2020, 13:21  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 20:03:
Here, let me fix your blurb:

"their 2D fighting game featuring an all-female cast, because plot BEWBs and bikinis."
...and lolicon??? WTF?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Plot

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > QuakeCon Cancelled

6. Re: QuakeCon Cancelled Apr 1, 2020, 10:33  Blue 

Redwood wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 10:21:
This makes me sad.

You've attended every one up to now, haven't you Red?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 1, 2020, 08:19  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 08:05:
Beamer wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 07:45:
If you don't think this gets mentally exhausting...
It is mentally exhausting because you let it be mentally exhausting. I don't think it is and not without experience. Two years before they finally laid me off I was forced to work from home. This was two years after I had fought like hell to not work from home and won, getting my management to sign a two year extension on the office space lease. Anyway, my work computer space, my personal computer space, and my TV all in the same room. And being in IT I also got calls at too early am and had to get out of bed, walk 20 feet, turn on a pair of monitors and work on whatever the "emergency" was. Would it be better if you had to drive 15 minutes (or longer) to get to the office to work on the issue? I didn't think I'd ever say this to someone, but you need to work on your mindfulness.

I get it is inconvenient. I get not liking it. But right now, anyone who can work at home has it so much better off than all those people who can't.

I don't think the point of this was about the difference between working from home and not working while staying home. It's about the difference between working from home and going somewhere to work. And I am certainly not going to argue that working from home is more tiring than digging ditches. But it sounds like you are approaching this from the standpoint of an introvert while ignoring the dynamics of how that differs from being an extrovert.

I can be very chatty and social at times, and used to struggle with the question of this made me extroverted. When I finally understood the true definition of the term, I realized just how introverted I am. In it's simplest form the difference is described as extroverts feeling energized by social situations and introverts feeling drained by them.

In the same vein as the above, I won't try and say that being at a cocktail party is harder work than digging ditches, but as an introvert I do find most social situations positively exhausting. So it stands to reason that extroverts can feel exhausted by the social isolation which I tend to find invigorating.

tl;dr: We're not all wired the same and social isolation has a different impact on different types of personalities.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2020, 10:56  Blue 

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 09:51:
Blue,

What are you gaming lately? It's been a long time since we've heard any Rockband stories...

As I've admitted in the past, I am an outlier completionist gamer. I tend to lock in on one game endlessly. That's how this site game to be, as I was so into DOOM for years, which gave way to an obsession with QUAKE. So I'm actually a little embarrassed by the answer to this question, but here it is:

I've been pretty fixated on Heroes of the Storm since its beta.

This is despite the fact that the game has fallen out of favor with gamers enough that the population has dwindled, and that its failure to gain traction against League of Legends and Dota 2 has caused Blizzard to cut back on its support and development. It's also despite how long it took for me to improve at the game to the point where I wasn't actually terrible at it.

Actually, I think it's sort of because I was so bad at HotS that it's held my interest. As a die-hard action gamer, the game's strategy elements intrigue me, and I have relished the chance to improve in this area. So I've played obsessively and watched countless streams and videos to try to understand the meta and learn macro-play.

It's still my go-to, though I wonder how long that can last. As I say, the state of it is pretty rough right now... hero balance is out of wack, and matchmaking is awful. So some games you're matched with or against players who don't have the slightest clue, and others you are matched with or against Grand Masters smurfing for Bronze to GM runs. So the percentage of games that are actually fun and competitive seems to steadily dwindle. One of these days something new will come along to replace it in my oddly monogamous game habit, but it hasn't happened yet.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Beyond the Wire Announced

3. Re: Beyond the Wire Announced Mar 28, 2020, 01:55  Blue 

bigkid66 wrote on Mar 27, 2020, 11:26:
That is definitely a WW1 game

Yeah, that was a typo, apologies.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2020, 18:38  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2020, 18:32:
Today is definitely better than yesterday. That said, I had no problem with the original layout.

Whatever is easiest for you Blue. I'll adapt.

To be clear, neither is that much easier or harder on my end. I am more interested in what works best across both desktop and mobile views.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Borderlands 3: Guns, Love, and Tentacles Released

3. Re: Borderlands 3: Guns, Love, and Tentacles Released Mar 27, 2020, 09:30  Blue 

Retired wrote on Mar 27, 2020, 07:34:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 23:04:
GOTY, or bust.

Ha, was thinking the same thing, got home from work and it was downloading the DLC - I guess I already own it. Thinking back I think I got the game from GMG for 25% off at release.

Hope to get around to it. Most quit, maybe I can play with Steam players with my EPIC copy?

Yes you can:

Today also marks the launch of PC Cross-Play, which allows you to play the Steam version of Borderlands 3 with players on other PC platforms. Thanks to some exciting new SHiFT matchmaking functionality, Borderlands 3 PC players can add friends to their Friends Lists, join co-op parties, and play together online regardless of which PC platform each player is using.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2020, 09:44  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 05:31:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 04:46:
Blue wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 21:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 17:49:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 01:52:
Blue wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 17:03:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 16:39:
Stephen, how are your pet(s) taking the isolation?

Sadly, after the passing of the Gunnar-man around a year ago, we are now petless. I am an utter dog nut, and would definitely get a new one, but MrsBlue remains completely heartbroken about Gunnar. Which is not to say I'm not, because I am. But she is not nearly to the point where she can do it again, which I can respect. So it's a wait and see situation to see if she ever comes around.

Have you tried snakes? They make great pets, and they can live for 50 years, so it's unlikely you'll be around when it dies. Mom had a ball python for 20 years, before she gave it to a friend. Parrots live long too.

I know, nothing beats a dog. But it's a thought.
A while back Blue had mentioned interest in reptiles w/4 feet and not at all slithery. For the life of me I canít find it.
It was a lizard or dragon Iím unfamiliar with and the name did not stick so I donít know what to search for.

A bearded dragon. I would also consider a leopard gecko. I still have it in the back of my mind... if MrsBlue holds strong against a new dog I might yet get one of those at some point.

How would Mrs. Blue be if it escaped?
I'm picturing a roasting pan containing a suckling pig with an apple in its mouth.

I guess this would remain to be seen. I'm pretty responsible about my pets, but in fairness, Hudson the wonder dog was like Houdini, and she must have escaped from the yard/house close to 100 times or more over the years, so never say never.

If I do get a lizard it will almost certainly live downstairs in the BlueCave though, so even then it would be reasonably contained.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Valnir Rok Key Giveaway

19. Re: Valnir Rok Key Giveaway Mar 24, 2020, 08:55  Blue 

John_Doe wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 08:31:
I dropped you an email, strange that about it bouncing its just a normal hotmail address.

Cheers!

Sent. Enjoy.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2020, 21:12  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 17:49:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 01:52:
Blue wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 17:03:

Sadly, after the passing of the Gunnar-man around a year ago, we are now petless. I am an utter dog nut, and would definitely get a new one, but MrsBlue remains completely heartbroken about Gunnar. Which is not to say I'm not, because I am. But she is not nearly to the point where she can do it again, which I can respect. So it's a wait and see situation to see if she ever comes around.

Have you tried snakes? They make great pets, and they can live for 50 years, so it's unlikely you'll be around when it dies. Mom had a ball python for 20 years, before she gave it to a friend. Parrots live long too.

I know, nothing beats a dog. But it's a thought.
A while back Blue had mentioned interest in reptiles w/4 feet and not at all slithery. For the life of me I canít find it.
It was a lizard or dragon Iím unfamiliar with and the name did not stick so I donít know what to search for.

A bearded dragon. I would also consider a leopard gecko. I still have it in the back of my mind... if MrsBlue holds strong against a new dog I might yet get one of those at some point.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2020, 21:08  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 20:48:
Prez wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 18:49:
Just wanted to give an update - I had a stroke, Apparently it was a bad one
As others have said, I hope you have a swift and complete recovery. Best wishes to you and your loved ones. That said, the fact you have posted about it tells us it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. So there is that... hang in there.

I couldn't have said it any better than this. I hope it goes as well as possible from here. There are a lot of us pulling for you.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2020, 18:25  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 18:01:
All of this has made me wonder what's going on with all the various animal/homeless rescues/shelters in the middle of all of this. Surely it can't be good.

When next you get a pooch will he be a rescue, Blue?

I'd love to rescue a dog, but with MrsBlue's allergies and asthma we need one that's pretty hypoallergenic. Hudson was an Airedale Terrier and Gunnar was a Standard Poodle. We would probably want another Standard Poodle, and it's extremely hard to find them in shelters. They are true "keeper" dogs, and are very rarely available for adoption.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2020, 17:03  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4805 Comments. 241 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >