Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 4328 (Master)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 14:57  Blue 

Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 13:35:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 13:27:
El Pit wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 12:30:
Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 10:39:
Today is the day boys and girls! Wish me luck. Hope it goes fast, trying to sideline my expectations.

Good luck, Bats! Not sure what is going on but I wish you luck!

This comment invites mischief like nothing else...

Our house went up for sale today. On top of that, we agreed on terms last night on the house we are buying. Phone is going nuts for showings of our house. Hope to be sold today.

Best of luck!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 07:59  Blue 

Rigs wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 02:01:
double post because I suck...Blue, can we please get permission to delete our own posts already?!

This has been discussed before. When an admin deletes a post, it leaves the post in place, and the body of the post is replaced with:

* REMOVED *

I hereby authorize you to edit your post and replace it with that.

And now I bask in the glow of a job well done.

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 2017, 08:13.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2017, 11:13  Blue 

Capella wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 11:07:
I told you in my email that it was for the whole week!

Haha, see? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it think.

Thanks for trying.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 08:18  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 22:11:
Bill Borre wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 12:41:
I'm curious did you inform the seller you are enthusiastic about the property and are in the process of selling your own? I've never owned a home so I don't know the ins and out but I would assume they might not market it as hard if they think they've got a buyer lined up they just may have to wait a bit for.

God no! That puts you into a weak position with no room to negotiate. In a sellers market it doesn't matter but it sure as hell does in a buyers market. Homes always go on the market for higher than they're worth - at least that's the principle of the thing. They ask high, you offer low, they counter, you counter, and either meet somewhere in between or call it off. It all really depends on how motivated the seller is. If they're in no rush they won't budge much on price regardless, if they need to sell than you'll do a lot better obviously - but that won't happen if they know you really want it.

Seeing as this is rural - according to Blue - homes don't move that fast even at the best of times so time is likely on they're side.

Aren't you guys pre-approved, Blue?

We've just had unofficial discussions with the banker, so we know where we're at, but I don't think we're technically pre-approved.

To the other point, you are correct that being too enthusiastic will not help our negotiations. But it also wouldn't actually help... if someone else came in with a good offer, they'd snap it up just the same.

We've discussed the idea of putting down a non-refundable deposit on a deposit, but PA law requires a pending sale to come off the market, so we'd have to make it pretty attractive for them. And again, that would weakened our position as well. We're just going to have to sweat it out.

But it works both ways. We'll continue to look in the meantime, since it's not impossible we'll find something we like even better.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2017, 12:02  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 11:47:
Maybe the skunk was just practicing holding his breath.

And goddam who the hell installed those root cellar doors? What a mess! Still, a root cellar is great. I'd love to have one. I actually have a book on root cellaring. It's amazing what you can store and for how long all without refrigeration if it's done properly.

That's not a root cellar, those are just Bilco doors for the basement. The rust and deterioration there is indicative of some aspects of this house. It was a beautiful luxurious home, but in serious disrepair. That pool, for instance, needs a new liner, as well as a new cover (and I'm guessing more). And then there's the mess. The entire basement was completely filled with junk, and the three car garage was absolutely stuffed to the brim with not only junk but garbage as well.

This presents a wonderful opportunity for someone who is willing to fix and clean it all up, but I'm not sure that's going to be us.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2017, 10:23  Blue 

mch wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 10:05:
I would kill [a skunk] for a picture of that

Pics added. No murder required.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Total War Saga Series Announced
5. Re: Total War Saga Series Announced Jul 5, 2017, 16:29  Blue 

Slashman wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 15:28:
Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 10:36:
Really? They're making a game about the band Saga? I guess they decided it in the heat of the moment.
Wry

Heh Grin2

Asia.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2017, 08:49  Blue 

Retired wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 15:17:
Welp.

Put an offer on a house, they countered and we kind of agreed. Tiler comes Wednesday (fingers crossed), and staging/pics/planning Thursday.

11 years, time for new digs.

Congrats, I hope it goes well.

Hate moving. So much to get done.....

I feel you.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
76. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 09:35  Blue 

Drayth wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 09:07:
Blue wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 07:58:
Drayth wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 06:50:
CIG Lawyer's Response

?

...hmm?

That's the exact same quote as the one I posted.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
72. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 07:58  Blue 

Drayth wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 06:50:
CIG Lawyer's Response

?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2017, 11:29  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 10:36:
Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing odd behavior from the news forum index? I actually rebooted since it had been a while on the PC, but that hasn't seemed to fix it.

I am seeing oddness too. Seems like it's not updating very well without forced refreshes. Is that similar to what's happening to you?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2017, 08:52  Blue 

Weird dupe, sorry.  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2017, 08:42  Blue 

DangerDog wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 19:54:
Blade Runner, theatrical release version or directors cut?

I believe the directors cut removes the voice over narration, although Ford apparently hated doing it I think it adds to the whole detective theme, plus I think it would have been pretty confusing for original theater goers to really get what was going on.

There are several different versions... The one I watched is the final cut.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2017, 09:17  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 22:05:
You're leaving all that behind, Blue? Must be weird for a Brooklyn boy to finally be leaving New York entirely. Think you and Mrs. Blue will ever return?

Well, we left Brooklyn to the hipsters years ago, but yeah, we're leaving the vicinity that much more. We certainly may return, though the momentum of real estate will fight us. We're leaving a seller's market to go to a buyer's market. So the financial current, so to speak, is with us now, and will be against us returning.

Wait! His name was Pressman and he worked for the Press? God that's like that Seinfeld episode where the library cop was named Bookman.

Gabe was great. I used to joke that he looked like a relative of Dracula with those bags under his eyes, but he was the real deal.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 11:42  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 10:24:
Has your treatment been going well, Blue? I remember you figured it out last year, but I don't recall the results from whatever treatment was decided on...

Oh yeah. It was a few weeks of antibiotics and, thankfully, I've been fine since.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 10:13  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 09:49:
In the practice of medicine, quacks and snake oil salesmen shall flourish.

Blue, Glad you figured out your Lyme infection, it had to be maddening.

Well, it could have been so much worse... some people suffer endlessly with maladies that are never identified. So while it was a little frustrating to know something was wrong with me that was eluding diagnosis, in the grand scheme of things, we figured it out quickly enough.

It was definitely then a point of concern that there is talk of this "chronic Lyme," since it raised the fear I'd end up with that. This clearly seems not to be the case, and that article is not the only one I've seen cast doubts on whether or not it's a real thing. If it is, I'm certainly happy that I was lucky enough to avoid it. Or if it isn't for that matter.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week Jun 9, 2017, 13:39  Blue 

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 08:42:
Retired wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 08:22:
A side note, some time ago I made Blue the President of the BN group - so he has full control.

I didn't know you were the crew leader before. Does Blue even play GTA?

I did, but every time I jump in I get frustrated by the hackers myself. Last time I played, firey explosions started going off in my apartment. As someone said, the wild west.

If there's someone else I should put in charge of the crew, just let me know.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 10:50  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 10:32:
Or you could just eat a banana with the yogurt. Never buy flavoured crap, it's all just sugar and chemicals. I regularly make smoothies with fruit, spinach, and kefir - which you should be consuming instead anyway. I like Scandinavian yogurt as it's more like a labeneh or cream cheese.

I thought it was clear from my post that the absence of sugar and chemicals was the problem here, not the solution.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

45. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 00:03  Blue 

Retired wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 23:37:
Good luck Blue, my tile guys are MIA and having a hell of a time getting callbacks or people to show when they say they will. Apparently these folks dont like straight cash homie......

I imagine everyone has heard such horror stories... that's one we've been able to avoid so far, and we've got our fingers crossed until things are all done. Of course our tiling has been postponed until Monday now, so maybe we're already in the middle of it, and we just don't realize.

Hope your situation works out! Fingerscrossed

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 14:49  Blue 

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 12:16:
Dogshit never hurt nobody. Yeah, it's a nuisance if you step in it, but it's pretty much gone after some rainfall. It's also completely biodegradable.

Well, no.

True, poop is not exactly an environmental threat on the order of carbon pollution, nuclear waste or a Superfund site. Still, the risk from poop can be more than just a mess on your shoes. Dogs can harbor lots of viruses, bacteria and parasites including harmful pathogens like e coli, giardia and salmonella. (A single gram contains an estimated 23 million bacteria.) Studies have traced 20 to 30 percent of the bacteria in water samples from urban watersheds to dog waste. Just two to three days of waste from 100 dogs can contribute enough bacteria, nitrogen and phosphorous to close 20 miles of a bay-watershed to swimming and shellfishing, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It also can get into the air we breathe: a recent study of air samples in Cleveland, Ohio, and Detroit, Mich., found that 10 to 50 percent of the bacteria came from dog poop.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4328 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo