Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

*Minor* Graphics quibble
Mar 22, 2006, 12:46
*Minor* Graphics quibble Mar 22, 2006, 12:46
Mar 22, 2006, 12:46

Overall, I'm MIGHTY impressed. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting (based on 2 hours, I know, which isn't much). I personally think the gameplay is great and haven't been bothered by the fonts. I REALLY wish it had popup tooltips when you mouse over some of the interface tabs because they are not obvious what they mean until after you have clicked on them. If you're going to say that a tabbed interface is ok to use in this game, I can't believe that somehow popup tooltips are somehow not included because they're "not in the spirit of the interface." I can only think that the designers just didn't think they were really necessary, but they'd sure help me. Minor minor thing though.

The only other quibble I have that really breaks my immersion is that I wish that the trees and grass, which to Bethesda's credit are visible at a scalable distance, would FADE in like WOW rather than POP in when you get in range. It's a little strange to be running outside and notice grass constantly pop-pop-popping into view at the same set distance. It's just a bit weird and distracting. WOW pulls this off much better by fading these in and I wish they had done the same thing here.

Otherwise, great game. Don't pass on the title just because people are calling it a "port." I don't see it myself--I think it's fine. To me a port is originally designed for one platform and ported over to the other. I don't believe for a second that one version of this game was designed independently, finished, and then ported over. If the game is similar to the XBox 360 version, what do I care? I am only going to judge it on the merits of being on the PC and I think its very enjoyable.

If anyone is on the fence, don't get too dissuaded by negative opinions. The game definitely does NOT "suck ass." To each their own though. The quality and hard work are evident. And it clearly has got a lot of gameplay in it. I played for about 2 hours and made it out of the first dungeon and about midway into the nearby cave. I couldn't help but think "Man this is going to take a long time to finish." when I had to go to bed. I like that.

One more thing--I LIKE THE QUICK TRAVEL INTERFACE! You can quick travel to the first quest completion location even though you haven't traveled there yet (I'm thinking mainly in contrast to WOW where flight paths are not available until you've found both ends of it on foot first). Even in dungeons, you can get to the end and quick travel out. I never really realized how tedious backtracking through a completed dungeon in Morrowind was until I saw this changed in Oblivion.

Bella goes home
Jan 21, 2004, 21:59
Bella goes home Jan 21, 2004, 21:59
Jan 21, 2004, 21:59

Looks like the Mercury News' most recent story with the "Bella" search reveals the end to the story.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/7764554.htm

I am amazed at the culture change over the past 10 years and how the internet has enabled the dissemination of information to the point where you can get people whipped up into a frenzy about just about anything and hence get almost anything you want badly enough done.

And what do you want to bet that that dog has a collar now?

Nice to have a happy ending. We'll see the owners on David Letterman or Dr. Phil pretty soon, I bet. And it'll make a Law and Order episode within 4 weeks: "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES..."

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older