User information for FfW

Real Name
FfW
Nickname
mkultra
Email
Concealed by request
Description
I've been reading Blues News everyday since 1996. Don't know if that's pathetic or the paragon of loyalty. (?)
Homepage
Signed On
January 20, 2004
Supporter
-
Total Posts
2 (Suspect)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: GOLD!!!
Oct 19, 2004, 00:28
Re: GOLD!!! Oct 19, 2004, 00:28
Oct 19, 2004, 00:28

DOD:S will not be free. It won't be right for Valve to effectively charge people for it when they buy Silver/Gold Steam packages and then give DOD:S for free to everyone else.

Just be happy that non-source DOD will remain free, play that if you can't or don't want to buy the Silver/Gold Steam packages.

Also: I spent $58.84, with tax, on Doom3 (with really pitiful multiplayer IMO, I've played that for about 30 minutes on three servers) and played it twice straight through. I spent $59.95, with tax, on Silver HL2. A buck and a dime gets me CS:S, DOD:S, HL:S, CS:CZ and CS:CZDS. I feel ripped off by id and Activision.

Re: Not JUST a video game...
Jan 20, 2004, 03:33
Re: Not JUST a video game... Jan 20, 2004, 03:33
Jan 20, 2004, 03:33

A well thought out and interesting post, Bob.

Here's another little nugget of wisdom pertaining to the concept of globalization (mind you, I did not write this myself):

"What is Globalization?

Answer: An English princess with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French tunnel, riding in a German car with a Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who was drunk on Scottish whiskey, followed closely by Italian Paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles, treated by an American doctor, using Brazilian medicines. And this is sent to you by an Australian, using Bill Gates' technology, and you're probably reading this on one of many IBM clones, that use Taiwanese-made chips, and a Korean-made monitor, assembled by Bangladeshi workers in a Singapore plant, transported by lorries driven by Indians, hijacked by Indonesians, unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen, trucked by Mexican illegals.

That, my friend, is Globalization."

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 03:36.
2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older