Descending
Limit Results:

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Sony's devious plan...
Oct 2, 2005, 05:24
Re: Sony's devious plan... Oct 2, 2005, 05:24
Oct 2, 2005, 05:24

Sony will never do this for the PSP. What you will see is a Ipod-like device, based on the design of the PSP, with a hard drive.

Re: Hmmm...
Nov 27, 2004, 14:16
Re: Hmmm... Nov 27, 2004, 14:16
Nov 27, 2004, 14:16

If more idiots would keep their computers up to date, and clean, they wouldn't have problems. This game has very few bugs, I have encountered only a few so far, and none destroyed my game or saves.

Re: Illegal Copy-Protection Scheme
Nov 18, 2004, 00:43
Re: Illegal Copy-Protection Scheme Nov 18, 2004, 00:43
Nov 18, 2004, 00:43

The game is good...but, I think a bunch of FPS'ers are buying this game expecting HL2 with vampires. Well, guess what, goobers, it's a RPG. Long load times? Jesus...quit getting hopped up on sugar, and wait for it to load...it's not that fucking bad.

Re: HL1: Source
Nov 12, 2004, 13:09
Re: HL1: Source Nov 12, 2004, 13:09
Nov 12, 2004, 13:09

It is in the stores...I've seen several posts from people who work in game stores saying that HL2 is there, ready to sell on Tuesday.

Of course, people can lie...but I doubt it. It's ready to go...some people just sold it early. And, those that did buy it, can't do shit with it anyway.

Re: launch links?
Nov 6, 2004, 14:19
Re: launch links? Nov 6, 2004, 14:19

Fuck...can't someone just make an error these days, lol?! Who got all pissy about it? Hell, I make mistakes every day...every hour...every minute...

Re: launch links?
Re: launch links? Nov 6, 2004, 14:19

Fuck...can't someone just make an error these days, lol?! Who got all pissy about it? Hell, I make mistakes every day...every hour...every minute...

Re: No subject
Nov 3, 2004, 01:08
Re: No subject Nov 3, 2004, 01:08
Nov 3, 2004, 01:08

Please shut the hell up...

Re: It's a shame.
Oct 20, 2004, 14:37
Re: It's a shame. Oct 20, 2004, 14:37
Oct 20, 2004, 14:37

Can someone please tell me what multiplayer is like, and whether or not you can play team matches (Germans vs Brits, or whatever), where you get only 1 life, such as the now removed Airborne DOD rounds, or the S&D rounds in Call of Duty?

What other modes of multiplay are there, and what are they like?

Does anyone even play it?

I loved H&D, but was so hesitant to pick up H&D2, because no one seemed to want to play it. I loved the game, though, and a realistic multiplayer option would be good for me...if anyone actually plays it.

Re: Hmm
Sep 4, 2004, 16:50
Re: Hmm Sep 4, 2004, 16:50
Sep 4, 2004, 16:50

Or, future PC games will benefit from the innovation that only really gets to consoles at the moment. To be honest, a lot of good games reside on consoles, to claim that PC games will universally dumb down as a result of this is a bit, well, dumb .

Hmm...never seen a game like Hearts of Iron, or Combat Mission on the X-Box. I've never seen a game like Kohan on the X-Box, or Medieval Total War. Close Combat, Starfleet Command....I think you get the picture.

Console games are dumbed down. End of story.

Re: Risk vs reward
Feb 12, 2004, 21:47
Re: Risk vs reward Feb 12, 2004, 21:47
Feb 12, 2004, 21:47

City of Heroes will be fun.

Re: No subject
Jan 28, 2004, 23:48
Re: No subject Jan 28, 2004, 23:48
Jan 28, 2004, 23:48

Yes, the game is pretty cool. However, as someone just said, the whole sub-plot about Ifrit ruined the experience for me. I just sat there thinking...uhhh...that was stupid.

Re: Apache
Jan 13, 2004, 19:27
Re: Apache Jan 13, 2004, 19:27
Jan 13, 2004, 19:27

I'd have to say that I lean more to the side that feels they were justified, after hearing the full version. I'd still like to see it...it's too bad I missed that report.

Mayor Dantastic, your bring up a good point.

Re: Apache
Jan 13, 2004, 18:34
Re: Apache Jan 13, 2004, 18:34
Jan 13, 2004, 18:34

There's a couple of things that I'd like to know, if anyone can help me out.

The first thing I would like to know is if there is any website that contains the full report from ABC. With only a part of the picture, I am unable to make a complete judgement for myself on this video.

The other thing I would like to know is if anyone knows if ground troops followed up on this engagement? Surely they would have if the Apache pilots felt that weapons were being stored there. If a ground unit when in to investigate and neutralize the weaponry stationed there, then we would know all we need to know. If the ground troops found weapons, then the kills were justified, I think. If no weapons were found, and they killed civilians, then it is a crime.

It is hard to tell from the video what is going on. Honestly, the men look like they don't know what is going on, and act accordingly. They have no idea where the helicopter is, and they just run around without trying to get to cover. Only the third guy acts like he has any sense, but then blows it by popping his head out from underneath the truck.

They don't act like trained soldiers, that is for sure. Even soldiers who got a day's training would realize that they are going to war against an enemy, and if they get shot at they need to take cover. I mean, wouldn't most people whose profession is now a soldier realize that they are facing overwhelming firepower, and take cover?

This is what makes me so uneasy about the video. They act like civilians. They panic. But, is it really panic? Is the second man getting out a white flag, or is he unsheathing a weapon (RPG) from a carrying case? None of the men seem to be moving in any kind of rapid manner, which is again very odd. Do they just not realize that the helicopter has them sighted, and is about to blow their bodies into hundreds of little pieces, or are they in a state of panic? Do they even know what is going on?

To me, I cannot tell what is going on. But, I will say that I also do not have the whole picture. That's why I want the full video. We do not know what the second man is doing, and get no chance to find out before he is shredded to pieces.

It is overkill, but it is justified if these US soldiers truly had 100% proof that these Iraqis had weapons. I hope for their sakes that they really felt like they, or any ground troops in the vicinity were in danger.

It was quite disturbing to watch the film, I think my stomach tied into knots. I don't know what I expected...I didn't realize it was going to be that graphic. But, that's not bluesnews fault, that is my own naivete.

I really do feel sorry that our soldiers have to be put into these situations. I read military history a lot, mainly WW2, and have a great deal of respect for any soldier who has to fight and kill. What they go through on the field of battle is horrible, and then when they come home they have to live with it, day and night.

I just don't know what to think. I hope they really felt that US soldiers would be in danger from these men. I hope those Iraqis were insurgents carrying weaponry. I hope they were not civilians.

I hope that any country who has soldiers fighting in Iraq, and in other countries, has their soldiers return home soon. War is hell, and they pay too high a price.

I can't judge them, and I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to understand it. But, even as I say it, I know I will never understand what those soldiers had to go through to pull that trigger. I know, unless they are dead to the world, felt sick after that mission just like we felt sick watching it.

Or, maybe they didn't. Maybe they felt like they did it, it was their job, and they took out Iraqis who would have killed US soldiers with no remorse.

That video really gets you thinking.

Stay safe, all soldiers in Iraq. Hopefully, in the future, we will no longer have to kill any more Iraqis. I wish for peace in that country, so our boys and girls can come home.

Edit:

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 18:39.
13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older