Descending
Limit Results:

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Feb 22, 2004, 16:46
Re: No subject Feb 22, 2004, 16:46
Feb 22, 2004, 16:46

Yea, this game rocks! and they're coming out with a public demo next week!

The OMF Review
Feb 22, 2004, 07:01
The OMF Review Feb 22, 2004, 07:01
Feb 22, 2004, 07:01

Another guy that does a review without playing a game long enough to do a factual review.
Here's the email I sent him.

Hi Ben,

Just got done reading your OMF review.
You obviously didn't like the game, that's fine. I'm not writing this to change your mind. But there are some things that did bug me about your review.

First you said that the bots only have "2 punches and 2 kicks". That's just flat out wrong!
You have 2 heavy punches and 2 light punches (by pressing forward & punch). same with kicks, so that's 8. Plus the same thing is true for air attacks. Making the total of punches and Kicks 16 ...not 2. Add the 2 side attacks 18. Add the counter block attack 19. So that's 19 different attack per Bot with out including Specials and Supers. ...19. So how could you possibly say "2 kicks and 2 punches"?!?
Now if you didn't play the game long enough to realize this. What are the chances that you actually learned the mechanics of the game? You know, the things you didn't talk about like the ability to counterblock, side evade (2 different ways btw) air combo, air evade, back flip & side attack (just to name a few).

So if you're doing a review of a game, and you think you only have 2 punches and 2 kicks of course you're going to think that the fighting mechanics are simple:)
BUT, you're basing that on your lack of knowledge of the game mechanics and not on the limitations of the game, HUGE DIFFERENCE! And one that should be corrected because it's a HUGE mistake. It's like reviewing a FPS and saying the game only has 2 guns when in fact it's got over 20!

A game like OMF, takes allot of getting used to because it's so different from anything you've ever played before, but that's what makes it great:)
But you're not going to see that if you don't take the time to learn that their are more then " 2kicks and 2 punches". And if you don't take the time to learn the fundamentals of the fighting system you shouldn't be doing a review about it.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 07:08.

OMF Put the smach-down on PC Gamer
Feb 10, 2004, 16:16
OMF Put the smach-down on PC Gamer Feb 10, 2004, 16:16
Feb 10, 2004, 16:16

That Homeland interview with Rob from OMF is a very interesting read. I like how he put the hammer on PC Gamer. That's good stuff!

Re: ooo, a patch.
Jan 3, 2004, 14:08
Re: ooo, a patch. Jan 3, 2004, 14:08
Jan 3, 2004, 14:08

On the beta MB the developers have said that they're going to revamp the interface in time for the Demo.

I'm currently beta testing the new patch before it goes live, and I can tell you that they've fixed stability problems and increased performance.

Re: ooo, a patch.
Jan 3, 2004, 03:12
Re: ooo, a patch. Jan 3, 2004, 03:12
Jan 3, 2004, 03:12

I like this game.
And I like the fact that a small independent is trying to do something different. Some of us want something that's not a FPS. I like the ability to play a fighting game on-line and been able to beat the crap out of 3 or 4 people at the same time. And the fact that it's full 3D is a refreshing twist. I like the ability to move around and attack people from behind or double team opponents (something that you just can't do with other fighting games).
This game is not for people that are expecting to just jump in and kick some ass like a FPS. It takes some time to learn the combo system cause it's not a button masher. But to tell you the truth I haven't had this much fun on-line in a LONG time. And after all that's what gaming is all about ...having fun.

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older