Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pagb

Real Name pagb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 29, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 211 (Novice)
User ID 19796

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow
13. Re: John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow Dec 9, 2018, 16:50 pagb

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 16:36:
WaltC nailed it. The guy is just a glorified level designer. I'd love to hear what his former coworkers (like at Midway) have to say about his coding ability.
Except for the fact that E1M7 is one of the best levels ever. But whatever...

Let's see what it's about. Won't give it two cents without being 100% sure it's great since Daikatana happened.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Launches
16. Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 12:59 pagb

SirKnight wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 11:58:
The jump to 4K makes little difference, other than needing less AA. But everything else still looks the same.
That one was fun. No amount of AA will make anything look even nearly 4K, not even 1440p-like. 1080p looks blurry AF after going 1440p/4K.

11. Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 12:39 pagb

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 12:00:
I think his point was if you need a $1,400 video card to get a stable 1080/60, that is terrible -- not that 1080/60 in of itself is terrible.
This is what I meant.

I know what raytracing is, I know its computing cost. It's just I'd rather play in 4K with a 1080ti which costs less than half the money, than spending 1400$ just for 1080/60 with cute reflections.

It's too early for this tech.

2. Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 11:05 pagb

El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 11:00:
I am waiting to read about raytracing in BFV - how good does it work with 2070/80/80Ti?
Guess you didn't even look for it. It runs terrible. Stable 1080/60 on the 2080ti only terrible.

News Comments > Blood Revival Tease?
5. Re: Blood Revival Tease? Oct 30, 2018, 11:45 pagb

We already have BloodGDX, which runs like a charm. I don't think it needs the Nightdive "bloom" treatment.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
21. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 14:14 pagb

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:04:
Rhett wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 07:29:
Finally...

I recently spent a bit of time with the game, wanting to get my shooter reflexes back in order. 12 hours later, I came out of the game quite agitated with it, because it's still very buggy.

About 1 in 4 games disconnected me to the lobby without warning, mid-game. Maybe 1 in 5 games, everyone would jitter/stutter/teleport randomly (for a good portion of the game), which can absolutely ruin a fight. I had at least a few instances where the game crashed simply loading into a match, or the "Play" button didn't do anything and I had to restart.

I also play on a PCIE SSD and the game's loading screens/wait times actually got really frustrating too. Queue up -> select map -> map load screen -> play match -> another loading screen (several seconds) to see stats -> forced to wait up to 15 seconds before it auto-queues you up again! (AND you can't even back out of the auto-queue in this time! if you have to get up for a few minutes, you have to close the game basically!)

It is fun, but damn if those issues didn't ruin the game for me. I'm sure it could be fixed, but I'm surprised it's still got these issues.
I played in the beta and never had those issues. So they actually made the game worse? Why am I not surprised...
It's BS, I play a couple games everyday, and got like 1 disconnect in the last 3 months.

News Comments > Chasm Opens Up
9. Re: Chasm Opens Up Jul 31, 2018, 15:54 pagb

|RaptoR| wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 12:25:
Beamer wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 11:57:
If I can't cut off arms with circular saw blades I'm not playing. Pfft, "Chasm."

Anyway, Darks, people here frequently post that misleading image trying to show that FPS level design in the 1990s was superior to now. I think lots of people want a more simple game sometimes. And there's a lot of depth and cool mechanics you can add to a platformer now that you couldn't back then.

When I first saw this, that was the Chasm that came to mind. Played the hell out of it back in the day. Wonder if it's on GOG?
And it runs like shit on DOSBox. But people is getting there:
[url=]https://github.com/Panzerschrek/Chasm-Reverse/releases[/url]

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage
10. Re: Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage Jun 19, 2018, 08:35 pagb

The FoV in the footage is terrible  

News Comments > Twitch Prime June Freebies
5. Re: Twitch Prime June Freebies Jun 4, 2018, 17:53 pagb

Nut wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 15:05:
Blue's News (and its readers) has historical ties with Quake.

Quake fans should not miss Strafe, including those who played it on release. It's much improved and it's a great roguelike with Quake-style (albeit faster paced) FPS gameplay.
It's still terrible... But at least the performance doesn't degrade over time until it's a slideshow anymore.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
14. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 15:50 pagb

BL was nice because of the novelty factor... But BL2 was a chore, a complete borefest with irritating retarded humor... Pass.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 25, 2018, 11:06 pagb

opie wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 22:52:
Is this where they undo the launch day change and Vader takes a month to get again? LOL
There was so much BS being said about how long it took to unlock a hero. Within the first 5 hours of gameplay I already had earned more than enough credits to get Darth... So get over it already.

Not to say that unlocking the heroes first is a idiotic approach.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
3. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 19:32 pagb

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 18:06:
Well, good.

Regular Planescape:Torment looks like shit on my 2560x1440p monitor.

Did you use the patches for custom res to set it to something like 1280x720? (higher would mean tiny sprites)

News Comments > New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers
1. Re: New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers Jan 9, 2017, 19:37 pagb

If it's not Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Royale Limited Collector's Edition, I don't want it  

News Comments > Diablo Turns 20
3. Re: Diablo Turns 20 Jan 1, 2017, 15:34 pagb

Just replayed the original diablo with the Belzebub HD mod, had fun  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III NUK3TOWN Released
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III NUK3TOWN Released Mar 23, 2016, 09:00 pagb

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 10:14:
I don't understand why this map is so special. I thought this was one of the shittiest maps in all CoD games
+1

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
16. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 8, 2016, 07:08 pagb

Well, I enjoyed it, played a fair deal of Titanfall and still go back from time to time... It's holds the sweet spot for me between QuakeIII and CoD.

But as you said there, it's a pain in the ass having 50gb reserved for a occasional game, specially when I'm running a old 320gb Maxtor for games.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 06:33 pagb

And people still throws bullshit about the 120 bucks thing. Anyone paying that sum is just a moron wasting his money, and the people bitching about that price mark probably didn't have any intentions to buy the game even if it vas 40$.

I picked the game for 32 prior to launch day and I plan to pay ~20 for the season pass when the time comes... waaaaay lower than 120

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
18. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 14:19 pagb

I can't believe my WindowsXP x86 can't support my 24 gigs of ram... I'm switching to Linux. Come on! When we upgrade our computers and this thing becomes relevant to us, Windows 8 will be like 5-6 years old and Windows 7 will be 8-9 _  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 11:50 pagb

Flatline wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 11:49:
pagb wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 11:44:
So much hate comments in every article here... You know hate leads to suffering, and then the Dark Side, right?

I don't think EA is hiring right now.
Wouldn't move from my city anyways

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 11:44 pagb

So much hate comments in every article here... You know hate leads to suffering, and then the Dark Side, right?  

211 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo