Descending
Limit Results:

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: WTF?
Dec 20, 2003, 21:51
Re: WTF? Dec 20, 2003, 21:51
Dec 20, 2003, 21:51

Odd then that CoD was developed by the same developers that did MOH:AA where cheating was also rampant (and got worse when EA started doing the expansions in house).

You don't need cheats to ruin someone's game. You just need to grief your teammates. In my opinion it's a lot worse being cut down by a teammate and having them repeatedly log back into the server after they've been kicked, than it is to have someone playing with a wall hack (which can be done with certain video drivers and MSN Messenger in any OpenGL game, btw, PB or no PB). There is even a hack that eliminated the effects of the Gas grenades and flashbangs in Raven Shield that PB still hasn't caught (yet the company reps is the forums will spew "there is no hack we can't catch"). I'll reiterate, PB stops retards from "cheating" but it doesn't do much to stop the dedicated cheater/hacker. All it's gonna do is boot all the Nvidia users from the BF1942. Ironic considering that EA is the "Way It's Meant To Be Played" ass kissing publisher.

Re: WTF?
Dec 20, 2003, 01:30
Re: WTF? Dec 20, 2003, 01:30
Dec 20, 2003, 01:30

Checked the ET servers lately? There was a time when there were a lot of servers packed with players (I mean c'mon, it's a free game). Then PB updated their client and a lot of Nvidia owners suddenly couldn't run the game anymore. Overnight it was like ET lost a huge chunk of it's playerbase. Same thing happened to Raven Shield during it's PB client update.

Moreover PB doesn't keep you from cheating, it just stops the most obvious and easy to pull off game hacks. The cheats that are truly good are circulated among a quiet few players and they work fine regardless of whether PB is running on the server or not. Evenbalance tries to spin it like there is no cheat they can't detect and they're delusional. Patching the game is a much better way to derail cheaters and DICE has been doing that fantasticly so what's the need for PB?

I don't have an Nvidia card but I know a lot of players do and I would hate to log on to BF1942 one day and have to work to find a decent server with enough people for the game to be fun. When it shafts 1/2 your players it's not a good thing.

WTF?
Dec 19, 2003, 23:21
WTF? Dec 19, 2003, 23:21
Dec 19, 2003, 23:21

Great! Another decent shooter that's going to get screwed because of Punkbuster! Goddamn, can one games developer out there put together some anti-cheat technology of their own specifically for their game? PB causes a hell of a lot more problems than it solves and it doesn't work any better than semi-frequent patching by the developer that eliminates the cheats (which DICE has been doing a great job of with BF1942). So what's the freakin' point with PB? It's just going to screw the player base just like it screwed the player base in Enemy Territory and Raven Shield. It's no good having a game based on online play if no one can actually connect to the server to play against you!

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older