Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1991 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter Released
1. Re: Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter Released Apr 4, 2017, 10:47 ViRGE

I like the VR concept. I hate that it requires motion controls.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
13. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 3, 2017, 21:06 ViRGE

This looks fun, but of course we'll see where things stand in August when it launches.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 31, 2017, 22:15 ViRGE

I really can't imagine trying to play Cities on a gamepad. But if you can pull it off, more power to you.  

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Trailer
3. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Trailer Mar 31, 2017, 08:35 ViRGE

Kxmode wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 21:01:
Has TTG ever made anything original that wasn't based off of an existing IP?
Yes. Puzzle Agent.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2017, 23:28 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 22:22:
How is that NOT a fifth amendment protection? It's the very definition of self incrimination.
Because he does know the password, and has said so at other times. He just doesn't want to disclose it. Which long story short, he's not protected from since the authorities already know what they're going to find on it (they accessed the computer and know the hashes of the files he downloaded).

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 20, 2017, 22:09 ViRGE

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 16:20:
and make sure that the students, employees, parents and even the government are satisfied with your work

So it's nothing like the real thing.
Well no, trying to make them happy is exactly like the real thing. So is failing at that task because they expect you to do that job with half the funds you actually need.

The only way this can be nothing like the real thing is if you can actually make all of those groups happy.

News Comments > Telltale CEO Departs
1. Re: Telltale CEO Departs Mar 17, 2017, 01:44 ViRGE

Huh. So the old CEO is back? How strange.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: On Sale Mar 12, 2017, 19:43 ViRGE

Kxmode wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 18:42:
Has Tom Clancy gone too far?
I say Tom Clancy has not gone too far enough.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 11, 2017, 00:37 ViRGE

mag wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 23:30:
SirKnight wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 22:36:
Oh AMD....LOL

I have NEVER needed a patch to allow my Intel CPU to work like it's supposed to.

As usual, more excuses and smoke-and-mirrors from team red.

What? You really don't remember the early days of Intel hyper threading, when CPU reviewers had to disable HT to get the 'proper' performance in games?

It's the same thing. New CPU, new way of hyperthreading, new bugs.
That wasn't a scheduler issue though. That was HT just not being fully baked. It took Intel until the Nehalem architecture to get it right.

News Comments > Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play
7. Re: Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play Mar 11, 2017, 00:30 ViRGE

SirKnight wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 22:40:
Well, as long as the $60 pack is all there is and there isn't continuing nickle-and-diming then whatever.
Ditto. If they want to throw out a freebie to people who otherwise wouldn't get anything, that's fine. But if this game is $60 with all sorts of micro-transactions on top of that, then screw that.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
20. Re: Hidden message Mar 6, 2017, 07:56 ViRGE

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 20:26:

Thanks for the info ^^ So this is actually kinda nice thing by Nintendo to do, but the original point still stands. WTF would anyone sane lick this....
Most people likely haven't tasted a bitterant since they were 3. So it's a bit novel to them. Especially since it's just a game card, something you wouldn't normally expect to be coated like this.

It's also a fun little test to see if you fall into the range of people who can't taste bitter things. Not that you couldn't buy 100 test strips for $5, but that's scientific and stodgy instead of cool and quirky.

14. Re: Hidden message Mar 5, 2017, 19:00 ViRGE

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 16:15:
ViRGE wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 15:51:
HoSpanky wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 15:05:
It's not coated in rat poison. It's coated in a deterrent that is ALSO used in rat poison and puppy/kitten deterrents.
Thank you for clarifying that. I was about ready to smack someone for failing to read the damned article.

My question is, does it transfer off the cartridge to your fingers? Put in cartridge, pick up sandwich, WorstSammichEver?
Denatonium benzoate is stable once applied. In the quantities used as a bitterant, it won't transfer to the hands. You have to actually lick the cartridge to come in contact with it.

So is licking dangerous or not? And sorry for mistating, it is used as a consumption deterrent in rat poison, not as rat poison.
No, licking it is not dangerous. It is non-toxic and tastes terrible (to most people), which is why it's widely used as a bitterant.

7. Re: Hidden message Mar 5, 2017, 15:51 ViRGE

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 15:05:
It's not coated in rat poison. It's coated in a deterrent that is ALSO used in rat poison and puppy/kitten deterrents.
Thank you for clarifying that. I was about ready to smack someone for failing to read the damned article.

My question is, does it transfer off the cartridge to your fingers? Put in cartridge, pick up sandwich, WorstSammichEver?
Denatonium benzoate is stable once applied. In the quantities used as a bitterant, it won't transfer to the hands. You have to actually lick the cartridge to come in contact with it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 4, 2017, 05:57 ViRGE

Rich Whitehouse's Twitter has some unreleased content from the Final Fantasy 15 disc, including some nudity.
Posting the news that everyone here really wants. Thanks Blue!

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 122M
1. Re: Minecraft Sells 122M Feb 28, 2017, 10:44 ViRGE

Good for them.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
2. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 26, 2017, 22:23 ViRGE

Slick wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 22:04:
I just noticed that I have escalation in my steam account, apparently anyone who bought the original or this stand-alone now owns both. the moar u nkow.
Yep. They gave all vanilla owners Escalation, and Escalation owners are getting a bunch of future DLC for free.

The original plan was to keep them separate since Escalation is a lot more hardcore of a RTS due to the additional depth, which can be daunting for newbies. But given the downsides of fracturing the player bases, they're instead pushing everyone to Escalation and offering a mod that pares down Escalation to vanilla-like complexity.

News Comments > ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction
5. Re: ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction Feb 24, 2017, 22:37 ViRGE

This won't go anywhere. ZeniMax's victory was only on the grounds of Oculus breaking a non-disclosure agreement. Nothing about the Rift itself was found to infringe on their IP, patents, or the like (the Court did not find that they used ZeniMax's code) which is typically required to get an injunction against shipping a product.  

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
16. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 05:44 ViRGE

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 04:07:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 01:14:
NetHead wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 21:31:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 20:11:
...It's not a good sign when your employees are leaving to be baristas (or for that matter, that they can afford to do so).

Yes it's far better for companies, especially insanely profitable corporations, to keep employees clinging on in a form of indentured servitude.
Obviously I don't mean indentured servitude. But there is a point where you can pay someone so much that they no longer need to work, at which point the run off to do whatever. Google just had this problem with their self-driving car team: most of the top talent left because of the large bonuses they received.

Dude just stop. You keep doubling down on that grave you're digging for yourself.
I'm not stopping until I find the grave where Gabe buried the corpse of Half Life 3!

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
10. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 03:07 ViRGE

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 02:20:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 01:14:
NetHead wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 21:31:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 20:11:
...It's not a good sign when your employees are leaving to be baristas (or for that matter, that they can afford to do so).

Yes it's far better for companies, especially insanely profitable corporations, to keep employees clinging on in a form of indentured servitude.
Obviously I don't mean indentured servitude. But there is a point where you can pay someone so much that they no longer need to work, at which point the run off to do whatever. Google just had this problem with their self-driving car team: most of the top talent left because of the large bonuses they received.

so you are saying they shouldnt get totally fucked over ... just fucked over enough to keep em desperate?
I'm saying make sure your best talent has a good reason to stay.

News Comments > GeForce Hotfix Drivers
3. Re: GeForce Hotfix Drivers Feb 18, 2017, 01:17 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 00:34:
Wasn't their previous driver WHQL-certified? So I guess that certification is even more worthless than we already think it is?
WHQL tests basic OS functionality. It isn't meant to catch application-specific bugs.

1991 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo