Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1823 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays
1. Re: Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays Apr 2, 2016, 16:14 ViRGE

Well I guess that's something...

What shipping are they using, anyhow? Unless it's free 2-day shipping (or better), I'm not sure free ground shipping is all that impressive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ashes of the Singularity
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ashes of the Singularity Mar 31, 2016, 22:30 ViRGE

rawbelly wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 22:15:
Man...I really wanna pick this up and like it. So much cool looking about it. Then I read real player reviews and it sounds fairly dry to the bone and unfinished.

Who to believe...
It's a fine line. A game like this is going to engage a lot of large scale RTS enthusiasts, but they all have their own idea of what a perfect game is and how much content is "enough."

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
21. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 18:29 ViRGE

How is anyone suprirsed by this? Halo is the marquee franchise of the Xbox. Of course MS isn't in a rush to bring it to the PC.  

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
12. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 30, 2016, 23:18 ViRGE

Sepharo wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 21:35:
"a new desktop app converter that will make it super-simple for developers of old-school Windows apps to modernize their software with UWP"

Yeah right... as if a code converter ever produced usable code.
UWP is by and large a subset of Win32. If your game isn't doing anything too crazy, it should in fact work.

News Comments > Battleborn System Specs
3. Re: Battleborn System Specs Mar 30, 2016, 17:09 ViRGE

How exactly can they not support 4K? It's the same aspect ratio as 1080p, just at a higher resolution. This leaves me a bit stupefied.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 26, 2016, 17:10 ViRGE

Julio wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 05:29:
There may not be much of a business in creating "games" that don't have gameplay and just tell a story. Those types of "games" may be better off as Youtube videos.
Perhaps. But I'd hate to think we can no longer have games like Half-Life because people stop paying for them.

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 07:30:
Sorry, but indie devs whining about such things like this here really get on my nerves. It`s 2016, get over the fact some kids put a vid up, and then some maybe watched it. You can`t squeeze a dollar out of everybody.
In all seriousness, why should the LPers get the ad money from a gameplay video? Isn't the real content the developer's game?

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 26, 2016, 00:24 ViRGE

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. This is why major publishers don't like doing story-driven single player games these days: everyone is just going to skip buying it and watch it on YouTube.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2016, 17:10 ViRGE

Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 11:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 10:41:
LEGO BATMAN! YAY!

I think Will Arnett is the best Batman! Wait, no. Kevin Conroy is. Okay Will Arnett is the second best Batman!
Hear hear!

"Darkness. No parents!"

News Comments > TrackMania Turbo Release Trailer
4. Re: TrackMania Turbo Release Trailer Mar 22, 2016, 22:51 ViRGE

Okay, that trailer has earned my full attention.  

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed
18. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed Mar 21, 2016, 23:39 ViRGE

Freeze Tag is a hard sell since it means people have to be willing to not play the game at times, but damn if the concept doesn't look fun.  

News Comments > BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt
11. Re: BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt Mar 21, 2016, 16:59 ViRGE

Nerds wearing T-shirts with game names/logos on them are a dime a dozen at GDC. So I'm not in any way surprised no one noticed. At best it would have been written off as a fan shirt unless you specifically knew the guy and his company.  

News Comments > Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam
13. Re: Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam Mar 19, 2016, 13:39 ViRGE

NotOneOfUs wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 21:24:
If it's 90s FPS fast, I'll be very interested.
Ditto. Despite some of the negativity here, this has my interest.

News Comments > Telltale's Batman Details
12. Re: Telltale's Batman Details Mar 19, 2016, 08:12 ViRGE

Please have Kevin Conroy. Please have Kevin Conroy. Please have...  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 11, 2016, 11:03 ViRGE

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 10:49:
Pretty obvious that the devs made it happen just like Descent: Underground which also got some help from the inside .
I haven't watched it day-by-day. Was there a sudden last-second spike like with DU?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 11, 2016, 10:32 ViRGE

Well I'll be damned, Overload made it. For most of the campaign it was looking pretty dire.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2016, 20:53 ViRGE

Slick wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 17:41:
In any other context, if there was evidence of one person stealing thousands of X product, then there would at least be a competent investigation. Even for software.

Not saying that ip tracing is conclusive, but it's probably a good start for an investigation.

They were wronged, had hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of their product stolen from them, and deserve justice just like anyone else in the world.

And this is coming from someone who semi-regularly pirates media, apps, games etc. I'm under no illusions as to what I'm doing, I'm stealing. I try to do the right thing and buy any products I use for more than a couple hours, but that doesn't make it not stealing.
Agreed. It's not as if this is a fishing expedition. There is clear evidence of a single entity committing commercial scale copyright infringement. I don't see how MS's request is unreasonable given that.

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
17. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 05:01 ViRGE

Overon wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 23:59:
Why does it remind me of Halo?
The multi-colored armor.

djinn wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 03:57:
Doesn't seem fast at all. Maybe I'm stuck int he past?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5b_cTZzBw
The unnaturally wide FoV of that Q3 recording makes it look faster than it is.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Teaser Demo
23. Re: Kickstarter Mar 8, 2016, 23:21 ViRGE

Xeme wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 21:34:
I would say, just try the demo... it is short and sweet and it is free from any obligation. You can complain about the history of its lineage and how these new posters are brainwashed advertisers... but, within itself, Overload has nothing to do with all that tripe. It may actually be something that you may enjoy quite much, but, disregarded because it was early access or such...
Oh don't get me wrong, for a very early tech demo it's great. My gripe is with crowd funding, not with the game. I wish the devs all the luck in the world, I just think this needs to be publisher funded.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Teaser Demo
19. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 19:39 ViRGE

I really like what I see, but frankly at this point I'm done with crowd funding. It has been a disaster.

Either publishers need to assume the risk, or make this a proper investment where backers get a share of the profits from successful games. The current system of "pre-order and hope it gets made" is rubbish.

News Comments > Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab
6. Re: Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab Mar 7, 2016, 18:09 ViRGE

Jagacademy wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 16:29:
These things are all the rage 15 years ago, then you didn't hear about them for a decade...when suddenly they were all the rage again.
Because the technology has improved immensely. And that goes for both the display tech and processing tech.

1823 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo