Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1991 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X-Wing XWVM Mod Video
20. Re: X-Wing XWVM Mod Video May 1, 2017, 19:07 ViRGE

El Pit wrote on May 1, 2017, 09:57:
No, really, this is impressive. I will definitely go back to X-Wing with this mod. Great work, guys! And now... TIE Fighter, please, after you have finished this mod. PLEASE!
It makes sense that they would start with X-Wing. But it was also the weakest game of the series in every way (especially the difficulty curve). So I agree, nail X-Wing and then bring on the Tie Fighter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey System Specs
3. Re: Prey System Specs Apr 27, 2017, 22:12 ViRGE

I'm actually a bit surprised the recommended specs are only a GTX 970. That's the equivalent of a $200 video card these days. It's surprisingly affordable.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 27, 2017, 22:07 ViRGE

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 18:32:
Also, don't forget this thing came out in March... NOBODY releases a new console outside of the holiday season anymore. GameCube, Xbox, PS3, Wii, 360, PS4, Wii-U, Xbone, PS4 Pro, and probably Scorpio will all have released in November because that's when everyone starts spending the most money.

It's pretty bonkers for Nintendo to put up competitive launch sales at a time of year when they don't have that inherent advantage. That means people are specifically looking to buy the Switch, not just whatever game console they find on the shelf when they're out Christmas shopping. Who knows how much bigger that number would be if they were actually keeping up with demand...

For comparison, PS4 and Xbone sold 4.2 million and 3 million respectively between their launch in mid-November and the end of December 2013.
Also keep in mind that console launches are almost universally sell-out events. So the number of systems sold is the number of systems produced. The fact that Nintendo moved so many in March is indeed impressive, but it's hard to compare to other launches.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 27, 2017, 04:18 ViRGE

Zelda having a better than 100% attach rate in the US was good for a joke. But I'm now genuinely surprised it's global...  

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
28. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 25, 2017, 02:15 ViRGE

Newtonian or non-newtonian? Everyone seems to gravitate towards the former, but I find it not to as much fun since it puts such a heavy emphasis on planning every maneuver ahead of time.  

News Comments > Scanner Sombre This Week
3. Re: Scanner Sombre This Week Apr 25, 2017, 02:10 ViRGE

Huh, this came out of nowhere. Introversion stuff is usually fun, so I'll definitely have to check it out once it's released.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 22, 2017, 19:26 ViRGE

NetHead wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:24:
Yet when they complain to G2A to remove such codes and G2A asks for the codes in question they refuse, sometimes rudely and publicly.
G2A needs to go to the publisher with the codes, not the other way around.

News Comments > Ranked Dota 2 Now Requires Phone Number
4. Re: Ranked Dota 2 Now Requires Phone Number Apr 21, 2017, 06:44 ViRGE

Hmm, any idea why Valve would be instituting this change now? Given all the work that goes into increasing your ranking, I'm not immediately seeing why someone would want multiple accounts, or why it would be a problem for Valve.  

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
14. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 21, 2017, 06:42 ViRGE

Rhett wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 18:02:
2 was great, like a more arcadey GTA 4.. but man it ran like complete and utter ass on PC. I think it's one of the worst ports I've played on PC...
It was also rather buggy, IIRC.

News Comments > Prey Trailer
6. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 00:50 ViRGE

Dash wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 00:42:
They're pushing this extra hard, which doesn't give me any good feelings on this game. I already had annoyances that they took an IP I enjoyed playing [The actual Prey game. Man those pewter figurines are cool. Need to paint them one day...] and teased us with the Prey 2 trailer, and then dropped that ball for yet another 'System Shock-inspired' clone. Yes. I like those kind of games.. but stop pulling a bait-n-switch, Bethesda. Should have named this one 'Mimic' or something.
At this point I've given up begrudging Bethesda on this. It's going to happen regardless.

But it is a bit of a clever move on their part. Sequels tend to sell better, presumably because everyone thinks that if it's getting a sequel, the original must have been good, and of course the sequel will be better. So they're just outright calling the first game in the new series a sequel...

Anyhow, I like the art and setup; they obviously put a lot of resources into this. But it's not holding my attention - at this point I'm indifferent - and honestly I can't figure out why. Name shenanigans aside, this game just doesn't seem all that interesting?

News Comments > DOOM Retrospective
3. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 01:21 ViRGE

39,000 words. It's just under the size requirement for a full-blown novel, making it a Novella.  

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
8. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 12, 2017, 03:46 ViRGE

Parker, you may want to rephrase that... (I'm assuming here your intent isn't to sound like your racist grandfather)  

News Comments > Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace
14. Re: Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace Apr 11, 2017, 00:01 ViRGE

I don't know how I feel about the Minecraft Coins concept, but otherwise this seems like a reasonable idea. Since it doesn't impact free add-ons, and it will (ideally) make it possible for professionals to devote time to creating content, it seems like a good idea to me.

As for the Coins, I'm reminded of X360 Moon Points, which everyone hated. However I do get that, given the small scale of these items, that vendors don't want to set the price per-region. I feel like having fixed pricing tiers (at least below $10 or so) would be a better way to go. Coins and other virtual currency are too ambiguous; it's too easy to forget the real-world value of that currency and spend like a drunken sailor.

News Comments > NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM LEGACY
3. Re: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM LEGACY Apr 10, 2017, 23:23 ViRGE

Undih wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:20:
GOD DAMN CAPS, My brain does not like this shit!
Seriously. Stop yelling at us, Blue. We're dumb, not deaf!

News Comments > Serious Sam's Bogus Detour Announced
1. Re: Serious Sam's Bogus Detour Announced Apr 10, 2017, 23:22 ViRGE

When I saw "top-down, bullet hell shooter", I at least thought it would be 3D rendered ala Alien Swarm. I have to say the low-res pixel art look isn't doing it for me, especially in a top-down game like this.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Apr 9, 2017, 16:55 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 15:56:
A year later, no action from everyone else regarding Chinese company whose insecure etc etc etc.
What would "action from everyone else" even entail?

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released
8. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 04:19 ViRGE

Bulletstorm is a game that could have been good, but it had two fatal flaws that it doesn't sound like this re-release does anything to fix.

1) The profanity-laden script. It wasn't even so bad it was good. It was just bad in a written by a 13 year old sort of way.

2) The 2 weapon limit. Console shooters in general are bad about this, but in a game that invites you to have fun with the guns, it means that you're forced to pick practical weapons over fun weapons.

News Comments > Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A
22. Re: Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A Apr 8, 2017, 04:04 ViRGE

Verno wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 12:49:
It's a bullshit site. Not like buying cheap game keys is a mortal sin or something but its amusing to see people try to justify it.
I get why people love a good deal. I too would like to get video games (and everything else for that matter) cheaper. It lets me buy more of the things I want.

But you have to stop and ask yourself how G2A and other flea markets are getting keys for so cheap. And the fact that the source isn't the publisher should raise a massive red flag. At best it's a key from another region, which is tantamount to pleading that you should get a poverty discount. At worst it's a money laundering operation, fencing keys purchased with stolen credit cards. Either one should make you uncomfortable.

News Comments > Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A
13. Re: Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A Apr 7, 2017, 03:19 ViRGE

Jerykk wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 23:37:
G2A is basically eBay for PC game keys. The vast majority of keys are legitimate (mostly obtained from bundles), but you do rarely have third-party sellers selling stolen keys.

I've bought a lot of games from G2A and only had one revoked, which G2A refunded without question. And I didn't pay for their fraud protection service. I've also sold games on G2A and all of them required proof of source and proof of purchase before they could be posted on the site.

G2A and other "gray market" sites get a lot of negative hype, primarily from people who have never actually used them.
The fact that even one key got revoked should tell you what kind of business G2A is running.

It's a flea market for stolen keys. No more, no less.

News Comments > LEGO City Undercover Released
2. Re: LEGO City Undercover Released Apr 4, 2017, 23:14 ViRGE

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 18:43:
Is this the same Wii U game or been updated?

Still no online Co-Op
My understanding is that it's the same basic game. Though it sounds like the resolution is higher and the overall rendering quality is better (e.g. better lighting/shadows) than the original Wii U version. However the reports on the PC version are that it's not looking like a very good port.

1991 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo