Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1836 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2016, 02:14 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 21:49:
Seriously? People are paying a monthly fee to cheat? Rolleyes
Yes. Paying gets you the best cheats and the best tears as you make people rage at you. It's really the least surprising part of all of this, I feel. If people will pay for coins in mobile apps, they'll pay for anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Turtle Wars DLC
1. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Turtle Wars DLC Jun 16, 2016, 23:13 ViRGE

A turtle-centric map legitimately has me excited. It's a fun way to play against the computer.  

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Announced
24. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 23:59 ViRGE

saluk wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:51:

This looks like a pretty standard stationary vr shooter to me. No character movement = no vomit. But also constrains the gameplay in a way that is already getting tired.
That would make sense. As otherwise I agree I'm not sure how you'd avoid getting sick on this one. But at the same time if that's the case, then this risks being a watered-down SS experience.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Plans
4. Re: Street Fighter V Plans Jun 10, 2016, 21:03 ViRGE

gsilver wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 13:25:
Yeah, but is there arcade mode?
You know, push start, fight against evenly-matched enemies with good AI and a minimum of chaff in-between?
Seriously, how is there not an arcade mode by now?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2016, 02:23 ViRGE

Huh, I didn't realize the first Injustice game sold well enough to justify a sequel.  

News Comments > TRON RUN/r Demo
8. Re: TRON RUN/r Demo Jun 8, 2016, 17:57 ViRGE

TangledThorns wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:50:
Screw Disney. They really dropped the ball with TRON. The animated series was awesome.
Aye. Only Disney would cancel an Emmy award winning series. And then canceling Tron 3 production so late into the game was a real kick to the teeth.

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 16:47:
RUN/r? Somebody translate this super clever pun for the grandad? Is it like /s only without any meaning because who cares?
RUN/r = Runner.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released
24. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released Jun 8, 2016, 17:27 ViRGE

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 14:49:
And yeah ya may have made the account in 03 ya had a few comments back in 04, and nothing again until 12 years later.
I... just... huh?

That you think EA gives a damn about this little website (sorry, Blue!) is amusing. That you think this is part of some 13 year conspiracy is disturbing.

Go outside and get some fresh air. You're tilting at windmills, Don.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Announced
12. Re: Agents of Mayhem Announced Jun 7, 2016, 07:12 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 13:31:
Trailer didn't wow me (except for the stunt double), but there's still plenty of time...glad to hear there's single player, as the trailer almost looked like a class based online shooter.
Agreed. The trailer didn't do much for me - in fact I was afraid it was going to end up being a third-person MOBA (or BL2) - but since it's confirmed to be a SP game, I'm willing to see it through. At the very least I want to see gameplay, as cinematic trailers are often vastly different from the actual game.

I do feel a bit bad for Volition though. It's good that the Saints Row franchise has done so well, as it keeps them employed and these days makes them one of the longest running studios in the industry. However they've essentially become typecast into developing over-the-top open world action games, and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing for them. Variety is the spice of life and what-not.

As for the superhero thing, I guess we'll have to see what gameplay delivers. I certainly get the impression that these characters have SR4-esque special abilities, so it wouldn't be a reversion to SR3-style no-powers gameplay.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 5, 2016, 10:18 ViRGE

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 20:50:
So turns out the guy who was banned, also has a wonderful history of attacking other players and was even arrested in 2013 in Orlando after attacking another player and his ex-girlfriend at a tourney. Not to mention he was also arrested on jury tampering charges.
Jury tampering? Wow, that's a special kind of low...

News Comments > 100 Million Minecraft March
5. Re: 100 Million Minecraft March Jun 3, 2016, 05:21 ViRGE

Numinar wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 03:12:
And it certainly deserves it. I can't think of any other game with the appeal, sophistication and possibilities of MC.
Agreed. It is a fantastic game all around, and it always brings a smile to your face to see an (originally) indie game like this become so successful.

No insufferable marketing, piecemeal DLC, or other shenanigans. Just a small, wonderful game that sold based on its possibilities and word-of-mouth.

BTW, the PC sales tracker is back up: https://minecraft.net/en/stats/ PC sales are just under 1/4 of the total, to give everyone an idea of the importance of bringing this game to consoles and mobile. (Though clearly the PC version is still the best version)

News Comments > New Unreal Tournament Map
3. Re: New Unreal Tournament Map May 26, 2016, 01:44 ViRGE

Heh, the classy music is a nice touch.  

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Trailer
7. Re: Mighty No. 9 Trailer May 26, 2016, 01:43 ViRGE

The Half Elf wrote on May 25, 2016, 21:20:
And the graphics have been noticeably downgraded since it was first shown. Honestly this looks like a 3DS title.
The 3DS wishes it could do that. The lack of pixel shaders is a big issue there. It can't even do Rayman adequately.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 22, 2016, 23:57 ViRGE

Saboth wrote on May 22, 2016, 18:41:
Beer, smoking, etc. are A-OK, but a little sex and nudity is a no-no.
It's hypocrisy at its finest. If you're going to allow drug and alcohol vendors to advertise, then you don't have the moral high ground to stand on in the first place.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 18:52 ViRGE

Wallshadows wrote on May 21, 2016, 15:38:
Do we even want a Half Life anymore though?
Not just yes, but hell yes!

News Comments > LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January
5. Re: LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January May 21, 2016, 16:08 ViRGE

On the plus side, this is a good game. They even have Agents of SHIELD DLC where you can play as Patton Oswalt.  

News Comments > Space Rift Announced
3. Re: Space Rift Announced May 20, 2016, 05:31 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2016, 05:15:
On the other hand, it's in German so you know it will be well-engineered!
True. If it were yet another Russian space sim*, I'd be running for the door...

* There weer a lot of really bad Russian-developed sims around 2003-2007, for some reason

News Comments > Space Rift Announced
1. Re: Space Rift Announced May 20, 2016, 04:15 ViRGE

I'm always on the lookout for more space sims. But this one gives me pause. They were apparently originally on a tight deadline from their publisher and missed it. That they still don't have any in-game screenshots posted given the above is worrying.

It's obviously not meant to be a AAA game, but it also seems like it's at risk of being shovelware.

News Comments > TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps
3. Re: TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps May 17, 2016, 00:11 ViRGE

I for one am still waiting for it to get out of early access before I buy it.  

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
28. Re: Battleborn Begins May 4, 2016, 02:09 ViRGE

DarkCntry wrote on May 3, 2016, 19:01:
PHJF wrote on May 3, 2016, 18:35:
Have you played Borderlands before?
Character movement feels exactly like it.

That would be terrible for a game I always assumed was trying to compete with Overwatch.

Except Overwatch and Battleborn are two different genres...
As someone who hasn't paid a whole lot of attention to either game so far and is just lumping those together as "colorful class based shooter," I'd very much like to get a good explanation of how they're different.

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Next Month
2. Re: Mighty No. 9 Next Month May 3, 2016, 05:55 ViRGE

Keiji Inafune says there will be no further delays and these dates are "set in stone,"
I'd like to believe, but after so many delays, not getting canceled at the last minute will itself be a pleasant surprise.

1836 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo