Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1835 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rocket League Crate Plans
3. Re: Rocket League Crate Plans Jul 12, 2016, 17:43 ViRGE

This is very disappointing to hear. I've always considered the Rocket League team to be a stand-up bunch specifically because they have always implemented honest and straightforward means to funding the game. (Pay for the base game, pure cosmetic DLC).

Even without trading, loot crates are a form of gambling. It's little more than a new age slot machine.

thecakeisalie wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 16:05:
Fuck loot crates. They are digital cancer. I don't care that they're not tradeable, or whatever. I hope the soulless beancounter who invented the idea rots in the 9th Circle of Hell for all eternity.
I'm with this guy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 17:36 ViRGE

I for one like the idea. Something needs to be done to boost the signal-to-noise ratio with the reviews on Steam.  

News Comments > Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
8. Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales Jul 9, 2016, 15:33 ViRGE

Capitan wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:05:
What I can't understand is why don't they just make a carbon copy of these two games concept. Just a few weapon classes, no idiotic ways to earn skill points to update weapons and armours
Because while I agree with you, it turns out that adding a progressing treadmill to a game gets people to play it more. It's the skinner box effect.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 9, 2016, 06:29 ViRGE

I'm not even sure I'd call that a game? It's a visual novel with pre-rendered figures. Which isn't to knock the gameplay, but "NSFW game" brings something entirely different to mind.  

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
21. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 9, 2016, 06:28 ViRGE

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 01:24:
I took the survey and was honest with my answers. I'm willing to give them a chance to clean up their mess.
Ditto. Though with that said, other than the current state of UWP games, I don't have any real complaints about Windows 10. For desktop gaming it works well.

News Comments > BOID Released
3. Re: BOID Released Jul 9, 2016, 04:53 ViRGE

"If the Hayes Office would only let me, I'd give him the boid alright..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiywOTiRPkE

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Early AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB cards have 8GB, just peel off the sticker. Jul 8, 2016, 01:49 ViRGE

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 19:56:
I wonder how much money this saved them over printing out a different box?

Someone call a box factory.
Enough that it was worth it. They likely didn't ship that many 4GB cards to begin with.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 5, 2016, 20:56 ViRGE

Well as a Vita owner, I'm officially dumbfounded. It's cool that they made a Twitch app, but I'm at a loss to explain why it took until 2016 when the Vita was a dying console.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm DirectX 11 Patch on PTR
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm DirectX 11 Patch on PTR Jul 5, 2016, 20:47 ViRGE

DX11 support in 2016. How cutting edge!  

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details
11. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details Jul 1, 2016, 03:32 ViRGE

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 13:45:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 11:25:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 03:18:
You're my kind of people.

KA took some liberties with the size/agility of ships, but damn if it wasn't fun.

Thanks man. There's a whole mod community out there still dedicated to it. For those that can't get it to work on modern OS's including Win10 look for komat's patches. The game itself is ripe for a remake though, people would likely buy it up like no tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those titles where no one knows who actually owns what, much like NOLF.

Man I still have the original CD's for KA box and all... what a game that was when it came out, FMV, proper story.. KLINGONS.. loved it. And not to forget, the, for the time, absolutely mind blowing damage model. (Modular destruction.. limited, but hey ;p)
Ginsu! Shoot a warp nacelle straight off and watch main power fail. Or better yet, the Assault Phaser bug, where a ship would run out of power after a while. That was fun to cheese the AI with.

I still have the full 200(?) page manual in a box. However I haven't seen the discs in quite some time.

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details
5. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details Jun 30, 2016, 03:18 ViRGE

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 22:17:
Well I can agree with both of the above comments. I always wanted a combination of KA and ST:BC. Still nothing tops KA in terms of what you could do, but BC came close.
You're my kind of people.

KA took some liberties with the size/agility of ships, but damn if it wasn't fun.

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
52. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 17:26 ViRGE

descender wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 12:03:
The results of complaining about or taking advantage of the regional pricing are not going to be cheaper prices. The result will be going back to region locking and the total elimination of services like G2A.
Can we please just do this? I'm getting tired of watching the largely American user base here complain that they deserve charity pricing on their games. It's shameful.

News Comments > Whore of the Orient Cancelled?
19. Re: Whore of the Orient Cancelled? Jun 25, 2016, 00:11 ViRGE

Tarmarna wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 10:58:
And absolutely no one cares this game was cancelled.
I care...

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
36. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 18:14 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 16:09:
G2A is still crushing most of those prices.
G2A sells stolen keys. You can't compete with free, and you can't compete with unethical businesses.

So if that's going to be your metric, you're going to be disappointed (and you may as well pirate it to begin with).

25. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 15:58 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 15:43:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 15:39:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 13:49:
Pretty fantastic sale intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJW_ML5aE9E
At first I thought that was just going to be a lame parody, but by god it delivers in the end!

The 75% hitting the guy in the head was the cherry on top...
No, the cherry on the top is the sound effect of the 75% hitting the guy on the head.

23. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 15:39 ViRGE

SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 13:49:
Pretty fantastic sale intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJW_ML5aE9E
At first I thought that was just going to be a lame parody, but by god it delivers in the end!

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 6
10. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 6 Jun 21, 2016, 07:37 ViRGE

They apparently have more writers than we have readers.
Aww.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2016, 18:13 ViRGE

1badmf wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 17:57:
so how is that shifter confusing? i read a few articles but no one actually goes into detail about what mistake people are making. you just push it all the way up to go into park right?
It's like a joystick. You push it up and then it goes back to its central position. So if you don't actuate it correctly, it thinks you asked for neutral rather than park. It's not like a traditional shifter and locks into position.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 19, 2016, 05:07 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:39:
Consolidation results in competitive products being withdrawn from the market so a company can just harvest on existing infrastructure? Hoocoodanode???

They didn't even wait until the body is cold.
Knee jerking aside, there's a real (and rational) explanation for this. Both networks are in the middle of doing pure digital upgrades (casting off the last of their analog channels) and the two networks need an aligned strategy going forward.

"Charter management said they'd be doing this back in April. The broadband upgrades are part of a general system upgrade, which includes going all digital for video (freeing up the spectrum that was used for analog video), which requires putting some sort of box on every TV. Time Warner Cable had been using very simple digital-to-analog adapters for this. Charter's being putting a full-fledged digital set top on every TV. So, they're putting the Time Warner rollouts on hold until they can restart the process using the full set tops (i.e. the Charter model)."

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2016, 02:14 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 21:49:
Seriously? People are paying a monthly fee to cheat? Rolleyes
Yes. Paying gets you the best cheats and the best tears as you make people rage at you. It's really the least surprising part of all of this, I feel. If people will pay for coins in mobile apps, they'll pay for anything.

1835 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo