Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1835 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman Rollout Detailed
4. Re: Hitman Rollout Detailed Sep 29, 2015, 18:47 ViRGE

dumpy wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 17:49:
I don't see how this could be appealing to new customers, let alone entice fans. People who have played Hitman games in the past, to my knowledge, have no interest in a multiplayer experience.

All they had to do was create a single player experience with almost impossible-to-complete missions. That's where the sense of achievement came from - being the 'silent assassin'; with the possibility to turn into a complete bloodbath.
Does the new Hitman not have a proper SP campaign?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 28, 2015, 08:15 ViRGE

I like shmups. But I feel that pixel art has run its course.  

News Comments > New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced
3. Re: New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced Sep 27, 2015, 15:53 ViRGE

or steal some tools from the workshop and start digging a tunnel hidden behind a picture of Raquel Welch
Huh?!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 26, 2015, 14:36 ViRGE

"Sony - climate -not healthy- for PlayStation Vita successor."

As a Vita owner I can tell you that this is unfortunate but not unexpected. The Vita is still the second best selling GameBoy/DS competitor overall - second only to the PSP - but overall sales have been much too low to sustain a second handheld. The overall market has shrunk some due to smartphones, and what's left is very clearly in Nintendo's hands right now.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Writers Named
8. Re: Serious Sam 4 Writers Named Sep 26, 2015, 04:04 ViRGE

I just hope this is a sequel rather than another prequel. After SS1 and SS2, I would be happy to wrap up the SS story and go shove a rocket cannonball or two in Notorious Mental.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2015, 15:36 ViRGE

Xil wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 10:50:
made me smile
Ditto. GLaDOS's one-sided war against Chell is cute, or at least as cute as a bitchy, homicidal AI can be...

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
41. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 24, 2015, 20:39 ViRGE

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 15:11:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 10:57:
Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 23:32:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 21:06:
Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 15:39:
"Hey, you know how we screwed you over with this crappy DRM that rarely worked right? Well, we're turning it off now, so that you will again be screwed over.

By the way, we have a new operating system available. Don't you want it?"

Microsoft didn't make SafeDisc. Can we get some people who actually know what they're talking about around here?

It might help if you learn to read. I never said that they made it. They did release games with it when they still published PC games. Now they turn off the driver hook that it works with, basically breaking those games unless you feel confident you can somehow find a cracked .exe without 6 viruses in it.

As opposed to leaving an exploit vector open. Security is a good thing.

secdrv.sys has not been touched since 2009. So six years later MS fixes an "exploit vector". Wow. Impressive!
I mean we were all drowning in SafeDisc exploits. They made the headlines daily!
This certainly had to be addressed IMMEDIATELY after all these years. No time at all to release DRM-free EXEs for their own games or inform other publishers of their plans.
The way this works is that someone reports a vulnerability to them, and ideally they get a bit of time to sort it out. The vulnerability would have been there all along, only no one had found it until now.

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
30. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 23, 2015, 21:44 ViRGE

Rigs wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:28:
I literally scratched my head when reading the headline. I don't know why they're going through all this trouble, all you have to do is go into 'Services' under Admin Tools and disable that particular service. If you want it back, re-enable it. Done. But why the hell are they even bothering now? It makes no sense whatsoever. When has MS ever gone back and disabled something in a prior OS? Is there a precedent for this?
It's being issued as a security update. Most likely there is a vulnerability in the safedisc driver and Microsoft is proactively disabling it due to that, which in turn implies that the manufacturer (Rovi/Macrovision) is not going to fix it. Microsoft has disabled other faulty drivers in the past, though this is typically accomplished by pushing a driver update as a security fix. In fact they did this once before, in 2007, distributing an updated Safedisc driver version to plug a vulnerability.

Safedisc is a very low level driver with lots of access rights, so a security vulnerability in it would be a very big deal and a massive security risk.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Feature Speeder Races
9. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Feature Speeder Races Sep 16, 2015, 23:07 ViRGE

panbient wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 22:13:
Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 21:05:
So, they are going to recreate the best part of the best movie for us: the podracing from Episode One. What a great idea!

Do I even need a sarcasm tag?

Uhh... that videogame was actually super freaking awesome back in the day. Especially on a LAN.

I'm totally in line with Flak for a HD re-release.
And I'll be in line right behind you. Both the PC and N64 versions were excellent games.

News Comments > Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions
18. Re: Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions Sep 15, 2015, 19:51 ViRGE

ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 12:27:
Hey give them credit, no added BS for extra $$. This should be applauded at the least.
Agreed. This is good news.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
15. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 14, 2015, 17:58 ViRGE

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 12:56:
Better late than Arkham Knight,
So I agree that EA caring and making the PC version a better game is an improvement over them releasing a quick & dirty console port (see: 30fps NFS The Run).

That said, the fact that this is delayed worries me. This delay gives EA the opportunity to improve the game, but it also puts one foot in the door on cancellation. It would be a lot easier to cancel it if the console launch doesn't go well, or if the delay hurts PC sales, it becomes ammunition for canceling further PC releases.

News Comments > GOG.com Indie Piņatas
17. Re: GOG.com Indie Piņatas Sep 14, 2015, 05:13 ViRGE

Bub wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 07:33:
Gambling has found the digital generations sucker play.

It seems like every online game now has this cheesy form of gambling in the cash shops. They go by different names, Packs, Mystery Boxes, etc. You pay cash for an package containing one or several items, with a very small chance it might be something of value. Game boards are full of "I bought X hundred packs and only got worthless items" posts. There are also the braggarts that show off their lucky find, that they always claim was in the ONLY pack they bought, when they actually, bought hundreds on a daily basis for weeks.

This really needs to be regulated.

Wait till this hits the home shopping network or Amazon.

One of the saddest developments today and makes me lose respect for GOG.
Agreed in full. There are serious ethical problems with these systems. They take advantage of the vulnerable and stupid.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2015, 02:53 ViRGE

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:24:
QUESTION: Does anyone know what steam makes activating a key you bought elsewhere and allowing you to download and make it a steam game? I assume they make something, they have to get the keys, host etc.
Valve currently lets publishers generate keys for free (though I believe there's some kind of limit on how many can be generated at once). However I also fully expect that if publishers outright abused this and started using it primarily as a means to keep Valve from taking their cut, Valve would pull that privilege.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 3, 2015, 19:35 ViRGE

As a Vita owner, I'm a bit amazed that a major publisher is releasing a Vita game at this time. We tend to get ignored by everyone.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 3, 2015, 04:22 ViRGE

Hooray! It's not a deep series, but it's a ton of fun. The DS version of the first game is a true classic.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Update
3. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Update Sep 3, 2015, 04:21 ViRGE

BurNinG wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 13:11:
Haha! The people are gonna RRaaagghGGGGeee! Though crowd I guess
Why would they rage?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 3, 2015, 04:21 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 20:18:
Julio wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 18:33:
Looks like Windows 10 is not the success Microsoft was hoping for. Could be that a lot of users don't want to put spyware on their systems. Maybe at some point it will make it to Windows 8 levels.

Not sure how 75M installs or whatever is not successful.
Indeed. Win10 installations are ahead of expectations, according to Paul Thurrott.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2015, 04:20 ViRGE

I'd join, but I know next to nothing about football. Now if the contest was predicting Metacritic rankings I might have a shot...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 1, 2015, 04:33 ViRGE

InBlack wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 03:41:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 23:24:
Tom wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 22:23:
2TB/month over cellular? T-Mobile should be ashamed and embarrassed for even allowing it to be technically possible for a customer to accomplish this. How does that even happen...

"Unlimited."

But yeah, they should be able to detect when people are exclusively running up 100 GB on their phone only, and 5 GB to their phone and 95 GB to their laptop using the phone's 4G signal.

Unlimited means unlimited. Why is everyone taking the fucking telecom's side here? Shills and g-men, the lot of you....
It is unlimited, for your phone. Tethered devices are limited to 7GB. Scummy users were manipulating their phones into tricking T-Mo into thinking it was the phone consuming the data, when in fact it was a tethered device.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 20:51 ViRGE

Alright CliffyB, as a former Tribes player you have my interest.

However I'm still waiting to see if the other shoe drops with F2P shenanigans...

1835 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo