Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1881 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Rift Announced
3. Re: Space Rift Announced May 20, 2016, 05:31 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2016, 05:15:
On the other hand, it's in German so you know it will be well-engineered!
True. If it were yet another Russian space sim*, I'd be running for the door...

* There weer a lot of really bad Russian-developed sims around 2003-2007, for some reason

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Rift Announced
1. Re: Space Rift Announced May 20, 2016, 04:15 ViRGE

I'm always on the lookout for more space sims. But this one gives me pause. They were apparently originally on a tight deadline from their publisher and missed it. That they still don't have any in-game screenshots posted given the above is worrying.

It's obviously not meant to be a AAA game, but it also seems like it's at risk of being shovelware.

News Comments > TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps
3. Re: TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps May 17, 2016, 00:11 ViRGE

I for one am still waiting for it to get out of early access before I buy it.  

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
28. Re: Battleborn Begins May 4, 2016, 02:09 ViRGE

DarkCntry wrote on May 3, 2016, 19:01:
PHJF wrote on May 3, 2016, 18:35:
Have you played Borderlands before?
Character movement feels exactly like it.

That would be terrible for a game I always assumed was trying to compete with Overwatch.

Except Overwatch and Battleborn are two different genres...
As someone who hasn't paid a whole lot of attention to either game so far and is just lumping those together as "colorful class based shooter," I'd very much like to get a good explanation of how they're different.

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Next Month
2. Re: Mighty No. 9 Next Month May 3, 2016, 05:55 ViRGE

Keiji Inafune says there will be no further delays and these dates are "set in stone,"
I'd like to believe, but after so many delays, not getting canceled at the last minute will itself be a pleasant surprise.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
49. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 3, 2016, 05:53 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2016, 15:27:
The Half Elf wrote on May 2, 2016, 14:30:
Creston wrote on May 2, 2016, 13:10:
Raven Software?!! o_O

They're still around!

I know right?

Still praying for a Jedi Outcast 3 or Jedi Academy 2 by them.
Any of the people you'd want making that left and formed Human Head, and possibly then left again.

Raven, by now, is mostly map making.
Aye. I'm happy Raven is still around, but there's not much dignity in being a content fill team for Call of Duty. They haven't released their own game since what, Singularity in 2010?

News Comments > Possible Introversion Game Plans
1. Re: Possible Introversion Game Plans Apr 30, 2016, 02:24 ViRGE

Not everything Introversion does strikes a chord with me, but I'm glad they exist and are doing all of this.  

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Content Patch
5. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Content Patch Apr 27, 2016, 04:08 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 04:03:
ViRGE wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 03:50:
Creston wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 21:21:
Has anyone played this? It looks pretty cool, but skirmish only (basically, since the campaign is apparently short and not very good) games really don't last me long enough for me to bite at $50.
As a SupCom player I've found the lack of unit variety not to my pleasing, but otherwise I've enjoyed the game. It's certainly the best take on a massive RTS since SupCom. Now if there was just strategic zoom...

Is there a speed governor? I like to play Sup Com at -5 vs. AI while I drink beer...

And yeah, I've continuously mentioned that the lack of unit types is a hindrance to strategic variety...
Yes. I admittedly haven't used it, and it doesn't work on numbers (rather it's normal/slow/slower/etc), but it's there.

Side note: the Ashes Postmortem on Gamasutra is fantastic. Brad Wardell is more or less spot on in his analysis of what went right and wrong, and explains why Stardock made certain decisions: Ashes Postmortem.

News Comments > Rocket League Hoops Mode Released
4. Re: Rocket League Hoops Mode Released Apr 27, 2016, 03:51 ViRGE

Retired wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 21:19:
Can't get into the game.......old balls that I am.....
A shame, but at least you gave it a shot. It's a really good game; one of those modern classics that almost anyone can enjoy.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Content Patch
3. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Content Patch Apr 27, 2016, 03:50 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 21:21:
Has anyone played this? It looks pretty cool, but skirmish only (basically, since the campaign is apparently short and not very good) games really don't last me long enough for me to bite at $50.
As a SupCom player I've found the lack of unit variety not to my pleasing, but otherwise I've enjoyed the game. It's certainly the best take on a massive RTS since SupCom. Now if there was just strategic zoom...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 26, 2016, 05:04 ViRGE

Quboid wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 22:53:
The Vive looks like the better headset but I'm a bit concerned about this room-space stuff. I'd rather stay seated if possible so I hope this is optional.
Technically it's a game design choice, not a hardware choice*. But the launch games for it are all of the get up and move variety.

* Purely IMHO, as I haven't seen data to back it up, but I don't think sitting down is great for the lighthouse units either. Both are meant to see the headset

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Specifications
2. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Specifications Apr 20, 2016, 00:48 ViRGE

Fantaz wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 22:23:
why would a game run better with 16 GB of system RAM compared with 8 GB? shader cache?
More memory to cache assets in general. Less pressure from the OS. Etc.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 15:58 ViRGE

mag wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 14:34:
WildTangent's games are terrible and Alex St. John got himself fired from MS because he was burned out.
Not just fired, but hauled out by security, apparently.

News Comments > Nekro Game a Necro Game?
2. Re: Nekro Game a Necro Game? Apr 14, 2016, 03:45 ViRGE

7.62WorldOrder wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 21:45:
Sounds like this guy didn't look out for his own interests in the partnership agreement and demand proper milestones from his programmer before handing over money and control. Lesson learned.
More to the point, this is why you need to structure your ventures such that control is uneven, to prevent deadlocks. If he was 51% owner none of this would have happened.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailer
11. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailer Apr 12, 2016, 03:18 ViRGE

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 22:37:
The game had a lot of potential. Hopefully they'll learn from it and make this one into the game that TF1 should have been.
Agreed. If they can learn from TF1 and make a better game because of it, I don't see a problem with the devs taking a second shot at it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2016, 03:16 ViRGE

I like the developers and the art style. But I just can't get into touch screen games on the Vita. They're a pain to play.  

News Comments > BAFTA British Academy Games Awards
5. Re: BAFTA British Academy Games Awards Apr 8, 2016, 01:33 ViRGE

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 23:02:
It's good to see Prison Architect pick up an award. Good, fun, addicting little indie title.
It is always good to see Introversion doing well. They deserve it.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2016, 01:28 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 22:01:
Hadn't watched one of these in a while. This one was hilarious, and did a great job of capturing the polarizing nature of the film.
Normally these videos are more pithy than honest, but they really did a good job here.

News Comments > Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays
1. Re: Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays Apr 2, 2016, 16:14 ViRGE

Well I guess that's something...

What shipping are they using, anyhow? Unless it's free 2-day shipping (or better), I'm not sure free ground shipping is all that impressive.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ashes of the Singularity
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ashes of the Singularity Mar 31, 2016, 22:30 ViRGE

rawbelly wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 22:15:
Man...I really wanna pick this up and like it. So much cool looking about it. Then I read real player reviews and it sounds fairly dry to the bone and unfinished.

Who to believe...
It's a fine line. A game like this is going to engage a lot of large scale RTS enthusiasts, but they all have their own idea of what a perfect game is and how much content is "enough."

1881 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo