Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 2013 (Senior)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online Arms Race Update Gives Free Players More Toys
2. Re: EVE Online Arms Race Update Gives Free Players More Toys Dec 6, 2017, 04:54 ViRGE

MrBone wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 22:23:
Hard to forget t20. Get lost CCP.
It's been a decade. It's time to bury the hatchet...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2017, 18:16 ViRGE

Valve must really be desperate to get rid of Steam Links. At $5 they're pretty much giving the things away. Even as cheaply made as they are, that's still easily below the cost to manufacture each unit.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 26, 2017, 18:14 ViRGE

Ahh, my favorite charity. These days there's not quite as much suffering as I'd like to see (Desert Bus isn't supposed to be fun!) but I continue to be amazed by how much money they can raise playing that awful game.  

News Comments > Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier
14. Re: Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier Nov 24, 2017, 14:09 ViRGE

Orogogus wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 13:34:
Verno wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 12:52:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 12:26:
That sucks. It's one thing to be told the party's over, it's last call, get your shit together soon... But then you're sacked 5 weeks early with no severance or anything? Time to lawyer up, if there's anyone left to sue.

Yeah that's brutal, definitely worth talking to an attorney.

If they were running on credit and the bank called in the chips then I don't see who these people could sue -- Gazillion obviously has no money to give out.
Aye. Unfortunately it's a case of trying to get blood from a stone. They can't pay employees money they don't have.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced Nov 24, 2017, 13:33 ViRGE

Waaagh, what is it good four

Oh Blue, that's terrible. Laugh2

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 18, 2017, 05:04 ViRGE

Ahh yeah, Desert Bus week has begun! There's nothing quite like donating money to charity to make people miserable.  

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
16. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 12:16 ViRGE

Due to last-second changes to Star Wars Battlefront II's hero costs, I decided to hold my review, and won't post it until I have firm grasp on the new flow of the game. Electronic Arts clearly heard the uproar from the gaming community about the inflated costs of heroes, and slashed their prices by 75 percent.
[...]
For instance, during my review, completing the campaign earned players a unique loot crate that contained 20,000 credits. That reward is now 5,000 credits. A big change. What else is different? I need to find out
As much as I love beating up EA, in this one (and only one) case they're on the level. EA dropped hero prices by 75%. They then reduced the reward for finishing the SP campaign - and just the SP campaign - by 75%. None of the other rewards have been changed.

https://imgur.com/w5J0gHu

Apparently the idea with the SP reward is to give you the credits needed to unlock the hero from that campaign for MP. Since that hero's cost has been reduced by 75%, the campaign reward was adjusted accordingly.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 12, 2017, 22:11 ViRGE

Hmm, this is the first time that GTA V hasn't been in the list for a while...  

News Comments > The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Season 4 Next Year
3. Re: The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Season 4 Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 05:40 ViRGE

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:52:
Wish they would get around to doing another The Wolf Among Us or Borderlands season.
They are doing another Wolf season. It comes out next year.

News Comments > LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Trailer
2. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Trailer Nov 2, 2017, 02:37 ViRGE

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 17:02:
Just not feeling the love with this one. And as a Lego person I skipped The Force Awakens.
It's very Ragnarok-centric in this trailer. Which doesn't do it any favors since said movie hasn't come out here in the US yet.

News Comments > Descent Underground Next Year
22. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 02:26 ViRGE

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 15:13:
BTW, here is the devs' more personal message regarding the recent development issues and the publisher announcement.
Looks like they've been going without pay for a while so WingMan & co. really needed this deal to make the game happen at all.
Thanks for the link.

I do feel bad for the studio. They have some neat ideas, but what they promised and how much money they raised were not well aligned. It was obvious early-on that they'd run out of money before finishing everything they said they would. So I'm glad they found an outside publisher, though it means they now have to walk a very fine rope since they have to balance the worst of both worlds.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 2, 2017, 02:23 ViRGE

I don't see a problem with the game, and there's clearly an adult market for it. But I do think Eurogamer had a spot-on article about how it was presented.

Airing that specific trailer - one so violent and so intense - during an all-audiences presentation was fairly tone deaf. They should have used another, less intense trailer for that presentation.

Though at some point we're going to have to think about whether it makes sense to be presenting E games and M games alongside each other.

News Comments > CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2017, 06:13 ViRGE

Tom wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:41:
EVE: Valkyrie was an un-fun turd by most accounts. A bad game is a bad game regardless of whether you're playing it on a monitor or in VR.
Huh? Valkyrie is a fantastic game. To this day it's still the best pick up & go simulator experience for the Oculus and Vive.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 24, 2017, 05:58 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:53:
NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:19:
Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 12:09:

I think the industry leaks stopped nearly a decade ago, right?
Back around 2007-2010 they seemed to be the originators of so much information, but it's been at least 5 years since I've heard them mentioned in a positive way.

I haven't heard of any big news coming out of NeoGAF in a long time. Gaming is a high turnover industry, so their insiders probably eventually ended up at companies where they had little information of value. That or they got tired of the NeoGAF circlejerk.

I think reddit took so much of what NeoGaf offered. If you want to talk games in general, or in depth, reddit offers more options. Particularly in depth. What remained were the ones that still found something there they couldn't find elsewhere -the circlejerk, which made it even more circlejerky.

Kind of like how Blues has probably lost views to reddit, but what remains is cranky old guys interested in the views of similarly cranky old guys because who gives a crap what stupid game the teenagers of /r/games are circlejerking over and who can be bothered to care about their nostalgia when it's nostalgia for 2008. Instead, we circlejerk over how Microsoft ruined Bungie when they bought Bungie, which is the weirdest thing to be angry about (and, honestly, like 2 people were, and got called out for it, but it's the funniest retrohistory of late.)

Man, we're the old guys.
The conversations here tend to be more focused due to the fact that there's no voting mechanism. So you get a lot less Reddit-style garbage posting, because there's no karma or similar to rack up. Someone says something because they wanted to say something; they wanted to share their thoughts.

Meanwhile I find the general gaming sentiment here in agreement with my own. There are a lot of people here who like games similar to what I like. So it's a useful resource for finding new, relevant games.

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 24, 2017, 05:10 ViRGE

Retired wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 08:01:
I am sure a different streaming service will take over in the next 16 months.
I can already hear the cheers coming across the lake in Redmond.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 24, 2017, 05:03 ViRGE

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:26:
I doubt "The Odyssey Orville" will see another season.
Prepare to be surprised. First run ratings are solid at 1.0, and the +7s are very good. I'm sure Fox is looking to make sure the ratings continue to hold, but if they do it's going to make for one of their most successful freshman dramas.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews
9. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews Oct 17, 2017, 07:56 ViRGE

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:20:
Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:20:
So was this one developed by Obsidian?

UBI's South Park Division.
Ubisoft San Francisco, to be precise. They previously did Rocksmith (and I believe were a contributing studio to Star Trek Bridge Crew).

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2017, 00:27 ViRGE

They may drag their feet on this for now, however in the long run I don't see how regulators don't crack down on this if publishers keep this up. So the ESRB will eventually have to do something to avoid regulation.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 15M
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 15M Oct 12, 2017, 00:25 ViRGE

That's quickly approaching Minecraft money. I hope Bluehole/PU know what they want to do with that kind of money. Because it could prove a bit of a liability in the long run.  

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored
5. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored Oct 2, 2017, 20:53 ViRGE

Wow. That's really cool. However it's also completely and unexpectedly out of left field.  

2013 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo