Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1892 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Micro Machines World Series Announced
1. Re: Micro Machines World Series Announced Jan 19, 2017, 19:51 ViRGE

Before anyone gets their hopes up, the trailer is just a cinematic trailer.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
42. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 19, 2017, 05:09 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 00:09:
Yes, we all want it. There's a difference between wanting something and adamantly demanding it.
Demand is just a greater form of want, in this case. Valve is free to deny it, of course, but when they do so, then they're intentionally being jackass story authors.

40. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 23:45 ViRGE

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 20:35:
ViRGE wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 20:25:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 17:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:23:
Either we'll eventually get HL3 from Valve, or we'll never get it (by the way, the notion that they "owe" making that game to their customers is quite a silly one). It's pretty much as simple and clear-cut as that.
Quote from Black Mesa developer [BMS] Chicken Chonnage
Duh Derrp
Sadly I must agree with Parker. They broke up the story into parts and then ended it on a cliffhanger, telling everyone that it would be a 3 part story. If they had just stopped after HL2 with an open ending, that would be one thing. But there is no ending to Ep2; it just stops, to be continued in Episode 3.

Obviously we can't force Valve to do anything. But you're a jackass of an author if you sell your customers the first part of the story and then decide, on your own volition, that you don't want to work on the rest. (Just imagine of Lucas decided to stop after Empire Stikes Back, or Abrams stops after Episode 8...)
Valve owes nobody nothing, to think otherwise is unrealistic.

EXAMPLE
My favorite restaurant makes the best Denver Omelette in the known underverse. If they were to take it off the menu, or quit serving breakfast all together they would still not owe me an omelette.

I have never understood the entitled gamer argument.
You're comparing, well, eggs and media. One you instantly consume, and you either have all of it or you don't. A narrative has multiple parts, is consumed sequentially, and takes time to do so.

The problem isn't that we want Valve to make Ricochet 2, where the original Ricochet was a complete product. The problem is that we want Valve to finish the incomplete product they sold us in the first place.

38. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 20:25 ViRGE

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 17:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:23:
Either we'll eventually get HL3 from Valve, or we'll never get it (by the way, the notion that they "owe" making that game to their customers is quite a silly one). It's pretty much as simple and clear-cut as that.
Quote from Black Mesa developer [BMS] Chicken Chonnage

Retarded Valve fanboi makes retarded statement. Cute.

Meanwhile in the real world, Valve very much owes HL fans the promised conclusion of HL2 a.k.a episode numero tres, of course, OR a really good and mature explanation why the fuck it's not happening.
They extorted billions of dollars from people based on the promise of a continuation of the storyline in episodic format.
Sadly I must agree with Parker. They broke up the story into parts and then ended it on a cliffhanger, telling everyone that it would be a 3 part story. If they had just stopped after HL2 with an open ending, that would be one thing. But there is no ending to Ep2; it just stops, to be continued in Episode 3.

Obviously we can't force Valve to do anything. But you're a jackass of an author if you sell your customers the first part of the story and then decide, on your own volition, that you don't want to work on the rest. (Just imagine of Lucas decided to stop after Empire Stikes Back, or Abrams stops after Episode 8...)

News Comments > LEGO CITY Undercover Trailer
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2017, 17:48 ViRGE

Morgan19 wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 12:10:
Absolutely open world, yep. "GTA with LEGO" is a spot-on way to wrap your head around it, even if there are (obvious) differences. There's the city/world space to wander around, and the missions are more what you're used to from TT games: it's a really nice combination.

And I agree, the game is an absolute blast.
I third the motion. It was a solid game, albeit one unfortunately overlooked since it came out in the Wii U's lifecycle so early.

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
41. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 31, 2016, 08:33 ViRGE

JayDeath wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 07:55:
Why did they abandon the Brothers in Arms IP? Those games were so much fun.
Because WW2 was done to death.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2016, 03:39 ViRGE

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 20:33:
If a self driving car kills a ped then company that built it is at fought and will be sued...
Eh. If we make it to truly autonomous cars, then carrying insurance will become mandatory. So you'll sue the owner, as they hold the car's insurance policy.

Think of it like suing a kid's parents for the actions of said kid.

News Comments > Hero's Song Cancelled
13. Re: Hero's Song Cancelled Dec 28, 2016, 02:16 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 16:33:
Seeing how they're giving full refunds, I doubt anyone's getting paid? Btw, it IS a classy move they're giving people their money back.
Agreed. Even with my general misgivings about the ongoing about of Early Access by developers, this one is doing the right thing. And when so many others cannot, that's noteworthy.

News Comments > DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month
10. Re: DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month Dec 27, 2016, 02:31 ViRGE

Trevellian wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 13:43:
Being that it's Arc System Works (The guys behind the beautiful spritework in the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue fighting games) I'm really disappointed they went with the classic 8 bit look to be honest. I would have loved a Double Dragon with their modern style 2D art.
Agreed. Double Dragon NES's artwork was not a defining element of the game, unlike Mega Man or River City Ransom. So using it for a new game doesn't help the game at all..

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
19. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 22, 2016, 02:22 ViRGE

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 18:40:
FWIW I liked Descent and what was the other one like this? Foresaken that was huge back in the early days of GPU's? Crazy fps's.

Both of the updates talked about in here look pretty good to.
The future is Forsaken.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Next Year?
14. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 17:32 ViRGE

Darks wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 10:51:
Boring!!!
Well it's a game that takes place in mining tunnels. So yeah, I'd hope there's some boring going on.

News Comments > PDX CON 2017 Announced
1. Re: PDX CON 2017 Announced Dec 6, 2016, 11:17 ViRGE

Considering PDX is the airport code for Portland, Oregon, and that there's already a PDX LAN event, this event seems poorly named.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Adds Steam Workshop Support
1. Re: Saints Row IV Adds Steam Workshop Support Nov 23, 2016, 01:07 ViRGE

Given the game came out years ago, this seems oddly timed. But I appreciate the gesture.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters Next Week
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters Next Week Nov 22, 2016, 14:02 ViRGE

As much fun as it is to build a city, we all know it's much more fun to wreck it.  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released
3. Re: EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released Nov 17, 2016, 22:20 ViRGE

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 21:48:
$60?!?!

LOOOLOLOLOLOLOL. I love VR man, but holy hell, no, just no.
Well it's a full game. It's not some tech demo kitbashed together in a week.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2016, 22:12 ViRGE

remember to shoot me in the head.
Will do!

News Comments > Wireless Vive Accessory Shown in China
5. Re: Wireless Vive Accessory Shown in China Nov 11, 2016, 17:09 ViRGE

Bundy wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 16:50:
Wonder what this uses for wireless communications. HDMI 1.4 + USB 3.0 is a lot of bandwidth
Likely WiGig or another 60GHz tech. Technically it's line of sight, but a human should be squishy enough that it would work.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Released
7. Re: Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Released Nov 11, 2016, 03:34 ViRGE

mag wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 23:47:
Anyone tried this out yet, though?

Ashes in the beta was... underwhelming. But there was an inkling of promise.
It's definitely a step up. Whether it's enough to scratch that itch for everyone remains to be seen.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Released
1. Re: Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Released Nov 10, 2016, 19:21 ViRGE

Strategic zoom!  

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free
14. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free Nov 10, 2016, 00:21 ViRGE

A fantastic game, and a lot more fun than base FC3. In fact I'm a bit disappointed they didn't do something similarly streamlined as a FC4 shoot-off.

Ant wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:21:
I was surprised that this game was free. It's not that old.
It was a budget game to begin with, so it didn't have as far to drop.

1892 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo