Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1847 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
17. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 00:48 ViRGE

Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 23:48:
Side Note: NMS has reached a new low! 16,403 recent reviews are Overwhelmingly Negative at 9%. I didn't even think that was possible.
Holy cow. Shocked

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shovel Knight Joins Yooka-Laylee
1. Re: Shovel Knight Joins Yooka-Laylee Sep 27, 2016, 00:39 ViRGE

maybe one day we’ll see Shovel Knight running and jumping around his very own 64-styled adventure! Wouldn’t that be neat?
Shovel Knight 64 confirmed!

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed
7. Re: Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed Sep 24, 2016, 19:04 ViRGE

Personally, I've been wondering how much longer MP PC game developers as a whole would hold off until they did something like this. User mode cheat detection is a losing battle; because of latency you have to trust the client with some pieces of data, and that can be used against you. Worse, the cheats are usually run from admin, so you can't even detect when you're being cheated. At a minimum you need your cheat detection running at the kernel level so that it's on equal footing with the cheats. Punkbuster does something similar to this, as does Blizzard's Warden. And while they're not 100% effective, it's better than the alternative.

The flaw here isn't in the idea, but in the execution. The anti-cheat kernel module should have been clearly communicated to the user base on day 1, if not further ahead of time. And obviously it hasn't been sufficiently developed, given the lack of security checks that disassembly has found. Capcom screwed up here, and massively so.

The right way to do this, besides writing a better module, would have been to give users a choice. They don't have to run the module, but if they don't, then they'll be segregated from the users who do. And limit/remove their ability to earn Fight Money as well. Those would be untrusted clients, so treat them as such.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
3. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 15, 2016, 19:57 ViRGE

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 19:37:
Uh oh here we go again. Still the last one was good, so polish away boys.
Indeed. I was expecting this; December was an unrealistic goal to begin with.

News Comments > Free TOXIKK Launches
1. Re: Free TOXIKK Launches Sep 13, 2016, 00:54 ViRGE

Sweet. Now I just need to find the time to play it.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 11, 2016, 17:58 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 15:16:
I thought it was clever of Blue to post these back to back:

PS4 Pro: "This could be the final nail in the coffin for Xbox One" - analyst.

Xbox One tops US console sales in back-to-back months.
I'm sure that was intentional. But they are also related; signs are that PS4 sales cooled while everyone waited on the new console announcements. I'd expect a return to status quo after the Slim launches. MS hasn't really fixed the fundamental problem that leads to the Xbox being outsold, and now the PS4 increasingly benefits from the network effect.

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
28. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 8, 2016, 08:07 ViRGE

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 01:37:

I doubt it considering I don't think any of the old Interplay Trek games are out besides 25th Ann. and Judgement Rites.

But dear god... an updated Klingon Academy.... *squeeeee*
Starfleet Academy is on GoG.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
23. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 17:52 ViRGE

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 16:40:
This is going to be episodic, correct? So they only need to put together a 3-5 hours of content out of the gate. That will be a whole nother round of bitching when it comes.
That's what worries/frustrates me. A delay until 2017 so that we can get the whole 50-ish episode base campaign at once? I'll put up with that. But if this delay happens and we still get the episodic probably-won't-be-finished-until-2018-2019 roll out, then I'm going to be livid.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
12. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 08:24 ViRGE

Slashman wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 07:47:
Not going to preorder but it is very likely a day one buy for me if reviews are good!
Ditto.

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
24. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 2, 2016, 02:44 ViRGE

On the battery front, keep in mind that the Viva is powered over a single USB 3 port, which for basic power delivery is rated for a max of 4.5W. So a 20Whr battery, about twice the capacity as the battery in the phablet-sized Galaxy Note 5, would be enough to run the headset for a minimum of 4 hours. To that end a 20Whr battery isn't going to be tiny, but it would be easy enough to hang off of the back of the headset.  

News Comments > Carnival Games VR Announced
5. Re: Carnival Games VR Announced Sep 1, 2016, 00:41 ViRGE

I'm sorry, but this just sounds awful.  

News Comments > PS Now PC Streaming Begins
13. Re: PS Now PC Streaming Begins Aug 31, 2016, 04:08 ViRGE

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 03:05:
Did anyone else notice that these are all PS3 games?
Yes. The service is specifically for playing PS3 games on the PS4, and now Windows.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced
8. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced Aug 25, 2016, 07:17 ViRGE

For the 25th anniversary, shouldn't it be 25K copies instead of 20K?  

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Escalation Announced
1. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Escalation Announced Aug 25, 2016, 07:15 ViRGE

Strategic zoom! Woo!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2016, 07:13 ViRGE

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 07:04:
Nope. Roomscale aside (you can really only do that with the Vive but it comes with a shitload of its own issues), the OR has generally gotten more favorable reviews especially in terms of image quality.
I was just going to say the same thing. Both are nice in their own ways, but when it comes to IQ the Vive has a smaller sweet spot and overall more chromatic aberration than the Rift. It's the lenses.

News Comments > TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month
5. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 07:19 ViRGE

Yay! I've been waiting for this for what seems like forever. I'm glad it's finally nearing completion. It's looking great.  

News Comments > Rayman Origins for Free
3. Re: Rayman Origins for Free Aug 18, 2016, 01:17 ViRGE

Good game. Anyone who doesn't already own it should get it for free now and give it a go.  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Preorders
2. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Preorders Aug 13, 2016, 07:07 ViRGE

That whole ad goes from hilarious to disturbing in a heartbeat. It's funny when it's a gag, then it gets worrying when you find out that the Nosulus is real.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 9, 2016, 19:26 ViRGE

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 16:55:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 15:00:
Your 'intimate personal massager' – cough – is spying on you

a U-shaped vibrator that can be controlled via Bluetooth using a remote control or a smartphone app.

Y'know, I'm kinda thinking that Bluetooth for a vibrator is probably unnecessary. Aren't your hands already predisposed?

The person on the other end of the Bluetooth is generally not the one wearing the device. It's not about convenience, it's about being remote-controlled. Probably not in private, either.
Exactly. It's the We Vibe for a reason.

News Comments > No Man Sky Patch & Plans
16. Re: No Man Sky Patch & Plans Aug 8, 2016, 02:42 ViRGE

Hellcinder wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 01:35:
The year: 2023

Star Citizen Beta stardate 700.54
We've completed our 19th round of siphoning 314 million out of these carbon based life forms know as Huuu Mons.

We've successfully completed our 12th venture with another non finished entity know as: Shroud of the Avatar. A new steampunk hat will only set you back a meer 20 bucks. I must ponder, How much more can I fleece before the gig is up.

Meanwhile, over at No Man's Sky 2..

Just to be a pedant, it's technically Hew-mon

1847 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo