Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2494 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
14. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 19, 2015, 00:28 Kosumo

Meanwhile, a little boy waits (Derek Smart)

For just a dollar a day, you too can help Chris Roberts live in a nice house.

For just a dollar a day, you too can help supply free food and drinks for CIG employees like Ben

For just a dollar a day, you to can help Chris Roberts live his dream of being a movie director (while making a computer game the BDSSE!)

Meanwhile, a little Derek waits

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
31. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 23:41 Kosumo

Why did you unedit your edit Kxmode? I though it was a good point (was about CIG calling Star Citizen in Alpha when in fact it's still very much in pre-alpha since it's far from feature complete)  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
27. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 19:45 Kosumo

Take a look at their Gamescon event (the whole 2 hours, not just the "gameplay/tech demos") and you can see now poorly managed the whole this is. It was very poor and yet they had charged people $60 (I think) for tickets, used most of the time to show new thing people could buy.

You watch this and tell me you would have been happy to pay money to be there.

There big thing where giving away internet space ships for a game that's not out yet.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
22. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 05:26 Kosumo

I don't know if your up to it yet SlimRam, you do know that there is still no Burrito Shack module? (scummy chris Roberts stealing your dream )  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
12. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 21:34 Kosumo

WARNING

Once you have seen Chris Robert's level of Fidelity, your reality will never be the same, it will be but a dull 8-bit world on and old smeary black and white television with crackly mono sound.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2015, 01:06 Kosumo

Crazy money  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
135. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 11, 2015, 20:09 Kosumo

Not me posting anywhere but Blue's. Just thought I should call you up on a few things to try to be even handed.

Thanks for the reply (could you abuse me next time just for old time sake Anxious )

I found that spreed sheet about the funding that you linked to very interesting.

133. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 11, 2015, 17:07 Kosumo

And what about your claims of private jet/plane, expensive house, car and cook? When are you going to put out some evidence to back up your accusations? Or is that all just more 'wait and see'.

I thought you where a man with millions of dollars, surly you could spare a few and hire a private investergator to get this evidence. You have been making claims for over a month now with very little to back any of it up. It's some pretty nasty stuff to do to someone else.

When it comes to who to trust - Chris Roberts or Derek Smart, at this stage I find it very hard to trust either to even a medium level. I don't think Chris is intentally trying to rip people off, I just think he can't manage his project and has funded it in a fairly unethical way (selling ships, that are just concepts, for large amounts of money, for a game that is far from even getting the basics of gameplay in even a alpha form), which still as a high chance of not ever being delived.

And you (Derek) just grandstanding and blasting him while making accusations with, at this stage, nothing to back them up. You gonna back up your accusation ever? Or you just going to stick with 'wait and your will see'?

At this stage, you both seem to be struggling to deliver what you are both promising.

I do find the whole thing truly entertaining.

P.S. The one good thing I have seen you do in this is helping to open the door for those who wish to get their money back. Kudos for that.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
4. Re: Take-Two Financials Aug 10, 2015, 21:47 Kosumo

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 20:51:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:57:
Think CIG will ever release their financials? It's not like they owe their existence to gracious Backers or anything.

Hey man, learn to let go. You got your money back, brah. It's all good in the hood. Relish in the fail when they fail.

Did you withdraw your BBB complant?

111. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 9, 2015, 20:17 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 07:39:
Kosumo wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 22:36:
I want to hear Chris Robert refute Derek Smarts claims that he has used Star Citizen's 'pledge' money to pay for use of private jets/planes, a house/mansion on a commercial lease, a Porches and a cook.

It should be real easy for him to do so if Derek is just making that stuff up.

If he does, it would totally take any wind out of Derek's sail and make Derek into a totally liar.
Don't be ridiculous. CIG would have to release financial accounts, which they couldn't do because salaries are confidential and naysayers would simply pick through to find anything to complain about, and even if they did people like Desktop Commander would just claim they were lying anyway (as he has been). All it would do is give him stature, which is exactly what CIG is trying to avoid.

Your position has absolutely no credibility.

Chris Robert would only have to come out and say "No, I'm not using pledge money for those things". Would not have to release financial accounts to refute it.

Anyway, your "which they couldn't do beause salaries are confidential" is total crap. Companies release financial accounts all the time, they simple list now many employees are in diffent pay band.

i.e. There are 26 people on $30,000 to $37,499, 14 on $37,500 to $44,999, 6 on $45,000 to $79,999 and 2 on $80,000 to $110,000

It's common as. Do you think that financial reports say shit like Johnny is on $32,500, Mike is on $33,250, Lou is on $38,500?

What a report might show is that $455,000 was spent on private jet carter, $14,000 per month is spent on a commercial lense for a house in LA, $2,500 per month is spent on a Cook and $3,500 per month for hiring a Porches. All of which Chris Roberts might find hard to justify to those who's 'pledge' money it is being that most of those items do not seem to be for the betterment of the game for which the money was 'pledged'.*

Chris Roberts position has very little credibility while he is not prepared to front up to those types of claims.

How much did they spend on Chris trip to the UK to direct the performance capture, now much to hire the studio (of which they had already made there own way back when), what was the budget for the telent?

These are the things that Derek is talking about and need to be refuted or else the rumors will just grow and grow.

*All of that is totally made up by me to show a point, I have no knowlage what so every is going own with CIG apart form them selling internet spaceship for real money for a game that is not yet even made. (Which, form the start, I have found to be a very very strange thing to do, and which I find very unethical - other are free to disagree - that's why Blue allows comments so we can voice our thoughts)

85. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 22:36 Kosumo

I want to hear Chris Robert refute Derek Smarts claims that he has used Star Citizen's 'pledge' money to pay for use of private jets/planes, a house/mansion on a commercial lease, a Porches and a cook.

It should be real easy for him to do so if Derek is just making that stuff up.

If he does, it would totally take any wind out of Derek's sail and make Derek into a totally liar.

Instead he gets a guy who he is paying to interview him in a public relation video to spin the whole story to his own benefit while not addressing those points.

He state the classic 'he left for personal reason' to brush off Alex leaving, which is just total human resource speak for 'we don't want to talk about that'.

Those allegation from Derek are big yet totally unanswered.

Lets just for a moment 'pretend' that they are true. What does the Chris Roberts fan club make of that?

As to people repeating Chris's favourite catch phase of 'fidelity', that's just another way of saying flash graphics, I thought you wanted a great game, not a pretty screen of pixels. It's about the gameplay which as NOTHING to do with the graphics.

Chris Roberts wants fidelity and top notch 'performance capture' because he would like to make movies, but what we are talking about is a GAME yet he does not seam to understand that what makes a 'BDSSE' or any other great game is the GAMEPLAY!

42. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 08:16 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 07:40:
I still have confidence that the final game will be great, it's just going to take a long time to get there - probably 2017-18. We don't have DX12 support, we don't have VR support, we don't have a single one of the one-hundred star systems planned, we don't have FPS, we don't have the social module, we don't have multi-crew, we don't have many of the original ships from the Kickstarter, etc.

More importantly, they don't have the persistant universe even close to go and that's the biggie .... all those millions of dollars people have paid for ship is totally based on there being a persistant universe for them to exsist in. People will get very angry if that is pushed out another 2-4 years. And when it does arrive, what about hackers and cheats that could ruin the whole thing.

I doubt they will have the funds to last that long. I will say once again, I believe this has been mismanaged from the beginning, Chris Roberts has over promised and let the scope expand why beyond what a new/start up company can handle. He lack disciple, he is a dreamer (which is fine if there was someone controlling him, which there is not)

The cracks in this programme are starting to really show now.

Plus, as I'm sure you know, I don't support how they have handled the funding model. It's all based on faith.

35. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 01:03 Kosumo

Another Derek blog - Interstellar Raiders

"...despite the public face you portray to the gullible cult fools who lap up your lies, hypocrisy and deceit..."

It's more classic Smart

30. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 22:50 Kosumo

Parias wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 21:32:
This is just pledge stuff.

No, it's not. It's a cynical grab for more money off those who's money they have already got.

Pledges don't normal come with a store front that has a cart system - that a Store. A Pledge is where you can donate any some of money from $1 dollar to $100,000,000 to a cause that you think is worthy without being lured into spending/'pledging' more for extra bits and pieces for the 'rewards'/items you have already paid for. Pledges don't normal come with a system where you can trade you item/'reward' in for store credits for other items that are in their store.

I don't see anything in their store (that's what it is called on their website, a store.) that says "Just pledge what you would like" instead there are phases like

"Pick the ship that best fits your play style, from fast, agile starfighters to multi-crew explorers."

or "Expand your fleet by adding more ships to your Hangar!'

or "Trick your ship with a new skin or upgrade to the latest Hangar design!"

They are all sale pitches.

The only thing that make sense with the 'Pledge' idea is that that is how cults get money off of they cultists.

I'm suprized that Christ Roberts has not yet said that true Citizen tithe 10% of their income to CIG.

But if you what to think of it has a Pledge, well, imho, more the fool of you. But it anit a Pledge.

Also, I've never heard of having sales of pledges before like the "Gamescon Flash Sale" that is on till the end of Gamescon. A Sale is when you are selling something.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2015, 22:56.

22. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 21:24 Kosumo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 21:10:
I'm just going to leave this here...

Retaliator-Living-Front-Module

Retaliator-Living-Rear-Module

Retaliator-Cargo-Rear-Module

Retaliator-Cargo-Front-Module

Retaliator-Dropship-Module

Retaliator-Front-Torpedo-Bay

Retaliator-Rear-Torpedo-Bay

Fucking derek smart is looking more right by the broadcast.

WHAT

THE

FUCK????

That's very crappy pay to win/money grab shit right there .... Thinking CIG is aching for more money.

$25-$75 dollars for modules for internet spaceships that still don't yet have a game.

Totally Crazy - I'm starting to feel offended that Chris Roberts could treat his fan base like this.

10. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 19:41 Kosumo

... or that FPS module that was only 'weeks, not months away' 3 weeks ago.

It did look nice, but I don't know if it was really a good showing of any game play, more just a tech demo.

Still, I'd say that CIG will get more star wars nerds wetting their undies and shooting money out of their butts for Chris Roberts to continue to play with.

Also seemed to be edited/cut up due to them switching player views so often ... any videos of this form just a single pov for like 15 mins?

Also - They love the lens flair abit to much imho.

News Comments > Unreal Engine Games Trailers
10. Re: Unreal Engine Games Trailers Aug 7, 2015, 01:03 Kosumo

Both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat using Unreal?/??  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
20. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 6, 2015, 01:39 Kosumo

We're not doomed, If he turns up we can just give him a refund and show him the door. Laugh2  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 4, 2015, 23:53 Kosumo

pfft, they don't even mention Carball which was around before the game that was before Rocket League  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Aug 2, 2015, 20:46 Kosumo

C&C free to play Card trading game?  

2494 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo