Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2456 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
89. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 17:50 Kosumo

"Ships are sold as and when they're ready but many are being held back for the singleplayer campaign and will never be sold."

Really? You believe that? Could you tell me what you think is a 'ready' state for a ship to be sold in.

"You got your refund, now go away."

Don't be like that, everyone has a right to be here unless Blue says otherwise.

Derek says some stupid things but also raises valid points that can't be hand waved away. If you don't agree fine, but he should be able to say them if he wishes. Chris Roberts is a big man, he can look after himself, defend him self by straight out saying that there has been no use of charted/private planes if he wishes or he can just say nothing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
73. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 18:57 Kosumo

JohnnyRotten wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 17:24:
Tumbler wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 16:47:
I believe I can clarify this. We refunded Mr. Smart’s package because he was using Star Citizen as a platform to gain attention as part of a campaign to promote his ‘Line of Defense’ space game

Hahah, that is exactly what it looked like to me. Some sort of snow balls chance in hell that people would try his game and abandon star citizen. Or more likely just because Star Citizen has a lot of fans if you talk about it then you get a lot of eye balls looking at your game that wouldn't otherwise.

He's not being to subtle about it either. You could turn it into a drinking game - for every embedded link and/or reference in his missives to his products, drink. I'd say drink twice for every straw man, argument from authority, or begging the question, but even with wine coolers you'd go blind.

Beam Cheers Bigcry Drunk2 Drunk Drinkers

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed
25. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 20:04 Kosumo

Mmmm, tasty console tears mmmm

Like what you are saying! - game runs well for me, enjoying it heaps; two other gamers, one hardcore, have been over and played it and loved it and thought it run well.

I did for the first time come across some missing textures on a character's cap (Azreal?) which was weird but all I done was reboot game and never had it again.

Anyway, the console fanboies will get their full of PC gamer tears when Star Citizen comes out; or does not come out!

Wreck

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2015, 19:41 Kosumo

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 14:21:
Will I be able to create a server for say 16 friends and have house rules and have a reasonably large area/planets etc to run around in?

I doubt it, I'd say they run into both tech problems and money problems way before that point is reached.

My evidence is Chris Roberts track record of over promise, under delivery.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
87. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 19:29 Kosumo

Hey, if people are only 'donating/pleaging' money and not 'buying' ships - how come they are able to sell these 'ships' that they 'pledged' for?

Sounds to me like people are buying ships not making donations.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1153. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jul 9, 2015, 19:08 Kosumo

I never thought in the first place!  

82. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 18:33 Kosumo

Freudian Slip - "A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of an unconscious ("dynamically repressed") subdued wish, conflict, or train of thought guided by the ego and the rules of correct behaviour."

So part of Ben Lesnick 'refuting' of the concerns (more like damage control - his job IS to be a paid shill, paid for by the Star Citizens - like a government taxing you, then using your tax money to spy on you aginst your own interest), he goes on to say the following regaurding the departures of staff (some very key staff - Executive Producer, which they said nothing of until Derek had his rant and said the guy had left, which they try to minimize by making it sound like its just another person around the office).

To Qoute Ben
"‘X employee is leaving, we’re doomed!’

As I said in a recent post, turnover sucks… but it’s a constant in this or pretty much any other industry. The sky is not falling. From the inside, it’s always interesting to see how the world reacts. Because it comes off as so specific – the guys who decide to let you know they’re leaving like Travis or Eric are the heart and the soul of the game… because you know them above anything else. In the past two years, we’ve had some amazing talent that has moved on for plenty of reasons (other opportunities, personal issues, etc.) and it’s always sort of a shame to see they’re never appreciated. I’ll also say that the averages work out pretty well: we are hiring extremely talented people many times faster than we lose them.

I also believe there’s some confusion as to just what a producer does. It’s nowhere near as glamorous as it sounds: they aren’t designing the game or telling anyone how it’s going to work… they’re responsible for very methodical processes. A producer is essentially a scheduler, someone who works with giant spreadsheets and charts to make sure the components needed to realize Chris’ vision can happen and that personnel are tasked with individual processes. And then they’re responsible for holding the whip: you said the Freelancer rework would take seven days and you’re on day eight, what’s going on and how do we fix it? and so on."

Ok, did anyone else see that? In the way he explains what a producer does and their role he uses an example using the word "Freelancer" and a job taking to long!

WTF Dude, that's totally what happened on Chris Roberts last computer game "Freelancer" which Microsoft had to rescue by removing Chris form it due to Chris saying it would take X amount of time and it being past that time, full of feature creep and over budget. After this Chris left the gaming scene for Hollywood.

Like Hello, History, Repeating.

Ben has been drinking form the Kool-Aid dispenser again .... I feel sorry for those who can't see what is happerning with Star Citizen.

62. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 14:07 Kosumo

All to funny - back in a few hours to post some of my thoughts then (It's fucken super cold at 6am here!)

He post a great floyiding slip in there.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
131. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 00:06 Kosumo

Tumbler wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 23:27:
And there is something playing out as I type this, and which, I hope, is going make everyone happy depending on how it plays out.

Does it involve a free ship in your game with the purchase of the next Star Citizen ship for sale? Because this all feels like some bizarre attempt at cross promotion of your game without the permission of the star citizen guys.

And ooooohhhhh man, I just stumbled upon the steam reviews for your game, I doubt I need to mention the game again, wow. Those aren't even vulgar or insults, just pure carnage. I encourage anyone interested in Line of Defense to go read the steam reviews. They're worth it.

Still laughing at the Youtube linked video, DEREK SMART's DESKTOP COMMANDER!

So that means nothing he say's is worth thinking about? It's not like no one else has been saying this has a fish smell to it.

According to him, he has spent $250 on Star Citizen which is more than he will make back with any cross promotion!

You got some ships bro? oh no.

128. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 20:30 Kosumo

Derek Smart hostile takeover of CIG? Faint It's like the trench run on the Deathstar! Popcorn  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
10. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 7, 2015, 20:10 Kosumo

Nice story Ho, thanks  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
5. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 7, 2015, 18:10 Kosumo

They should start selling dinosaur concepts for $400 dollars.  

97. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 21:49 Kosumo

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:26:
The last line "That said, I'm ..... they dislike)." was me thinking of how the game will be after CIG ends support, and the only PU servers are private PU servers, and the integrity of progression is in the hands of unrestricted individuals.-scheherazade

Sorry to tell you, but when this crashes, Derek is goning to buy the bones dirt cheap and make HIS BDSSE !!! Mwahaha

93. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 6, 2015, 21:05 Kosumo

I don't think you are going to get the space janitor job in Chris Roberts BDSSE you always dreamed of sorry to wake you up Hug  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office
15. Re: Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office Jul 6, 2015, 20:59 Kosumo

Do they have 85 million or is that how much has been donated? They have been paying some of that money as tax I take it. I'd imaging they get most of that back as tax wright-off for-set ups and cost of bissunse (super bad spelling).

Do they generate money though other means that is not part of that 85 million? (selling t-shirts, the subscriptions to extra community stuff, the gamescons stuff, selling Kool-Aid? ) If so, now much?

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office
6. Re: Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office Jul 6, 2015, 18:05 Kosumo

3D Realms will be loving this - "Thank God that people have stopped using Duke Nukem Forever as a saying for bad game management"  

74. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 6, 2015, 17:49 Kosumo

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:08:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:00:
Has the class action lawsuit started yet?

Nothing to sue over yet. They gotta flop first. Being late isn't enough to be a fraud.

Moot anyways, since if they flop, it will be because funds are exhausted and everyone goes home. At which point there is no money to go after. Not even worth pursuing.

Hell, the entire thing is based on 'pledges' anyways, not purchases. Kinda hard to get butthurt over money you 'gave' someone to 'try their best' with. If you can't afford to gamble, go home.

-scheherazade

Nothing to sue over? This link offer a diffent opinion on that matter and ask some very big questions around some legal areas that Chris Roberts would rather not see asked. Also if you read past the first page of comments you will see some class a cult behaviour at play.

Why does CIG not want to talk about this guy leaving? It took a few days before they even confirmed he had left. How can this not slow down SQ42 with Erin Roberts now doing some of the executive producers work as well as being the lead at Foundry 42?

Is Star Citizen a pyramid scheme?

News Comments > Op Ed
73. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 19:39 Kosumo

Wow, This post on the forums sums up some big questons.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1151. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jul 5, 2015, 18:45 Kosumo

Just thought I'd pop in here for abit to give it a bump.

Also would be cool if I got last word in a epic thread Grin

News Comments > Op Ed
72. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 18:32 Kosumo

I would have like to have got an Arena Commander review out of Derek Smart before he was chased off Cry  

2456 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo