Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellion Early Access
3. Re: Hellion Early Access Feb 25, 2017, 18:46 Kosumo

Why would I spend money on this where for just 7 times the amount I could buy a concept jpeg of an internet spaceship for the BDSSE, Chris Robert's Star Citizen?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 24, 2017, 16:22 Kosumo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 14:17:
Speaking of moving, I heard back from my realtor this morning and it looks like I got my dream West Village apartment. The landlord has approved my application and the listing agent is just running a credit check to confirm that what I described of my credit history is accurate, which it is. Once that comes back positive, it'll be time to sign the lease and wire the move-in payment (which with brokerage fees made my jaw drop a little, but hey, this is Manhattan). My new place is near the intersection of Hudson St and Bleecker St, which puts me just a few blocks north of Beamer. Grab a beer in a few weeks?

Congrats Allthumbsup

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: Saturday Patches Feb 19, 2017, 13:24 Kosumo

I was away working otherwise I would be here pooing on this scam.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 06:15 Kosumo

I hear the new resident evil game (I've never played any of them) is both a good game and work pretty well in VR  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 1, 2017, 16:14 Kosumo

This is a good watch, it wont make you his bitch though.  

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
27. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 30, 2017, 02:44 Kosumo

Dacote wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 19:51:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 15:56:
People really need to learn what Kickstarter is. When you back a Kickstarter, you shouldn't treat it like pre-ordering a product or making an investment. Instead, you are essentially donating money to an idea. That's it. It's better to think of it like Patreon. If the idea comes to fruition, that's great but there are no guarantees. If you back a Kickstarter and expect that the release date and stretch goals are part of an ironclad contract, you've already missed the point.

People also need to learn how game development works. It isn't an exact science. Ideas that sound good on paper may not work so well in practice. Iteration leads to better games and during the process, things will be changed or cut for the better of the product as a whole. If you can't accept this, you shouldn't be Kickstarting games.
+1

Posting a sane logical argument here, how dare you.

I hope your Entitled Gaming Man Baby insurance is paid-up.

Coming from Jerykk, who for years was pro software piracy ..... leader of the 'I pirate it now and pay what I think it is worth when I want' brigade. i.e. let the publishers take the risk, steal the software, then, if I want, pay a minimal amount when and if I feel like it .... 'If I think it is worth it'

That was his logic then, is that still the right logic?

I like Jerykk, smart guy, has interesting views on gaming and games but please, lets not 'forget' about the years and years he justified software piracy.

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
3. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 25, 2017, 21:33 Kosumo

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 19:47:
The man is apparently worth $250 million dollars and he's won't fund the goddamned thing properly himself? And what's the point? You already know it back to front! Jesus, I can recite most of the movie by heart. One of my most common expressions I've always used IRL since I first saw the movie as a teenager and a situation is FUBAR is, "Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamned right." That or Chef's "I just wanted to learn to fucking cook, man!"

The only reason I could possibly see doing this for is playing as Colonel Kilgore. Ok, I admit, that would be awesome.

"Well why the hell didn't you tell me that before? There aren't any good peaks in this whole, shitty country. It's all goddamn beach break."

Sounds to me like you would play day one.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 14:21 Kosumo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:09:
Had a cat as a kid, he was an inside cat. We actually tied him up when we put him out. True lap cat, would sleep in your lap for hours if you let him. Thinking about him creates a temptation to get a cat... but I'm not down for the upkeep. Yes, I realize it really isn't that much -- still more than I care to worry about being the sloth, coach potato I am..

You need at cat imho.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 14:20 Kosumo

El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 13:14:
beigemore wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 12:19:
Quboid wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:34:
I've thought about getting a GPS collar for my cat but, ironically, I'd be worried about losing it. He wears snap collars, designed to break off so he doesn't hang himself while climbing, so every few months he comes home naked - probably just the collar getting harmlessly caught on something but I don't know.

Hopefully they will be cheaper - and smaller - in a few years' time.

I just have an iPhone embedded inside my cat and use find my iPhone. It's kind of annoying connecting the USB cable to his butthole for charging, but I have hunk he's starting to b come ok with it. It's hilarious when someone calls the phone and it starts to vibrate. I will usually do that when he's about to pounce on something. Freaks him out every time lol!!

Good that you did not use one of those Galaxy 7 as an implant.

Could you have not at lest gone for the wireless charging type of phone?

Also can you rub his belly and play candy crush at the same time?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2017, 15:34 Kosumo

That headline makes Chris Roberts asshole tighten. (well, not really, his company has been sued out of exstance before)  

11. Re: Aw, Blue remembers this time. Jan 11, 2017, 17:41 Kosumo

Ant wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 14:11:
I expect a lot of computer game (present/gift)s from you guys even if I probably won't play them. Creston, I technically haven't levelled up yet. Just a few more grinding hours. [grin]

Is it one of those levels when you get to pick a new perk? If so what you going for?

I baked you this emojie Cake

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
27. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 16:18 Kosumo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:08:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:01:
I dont get all the hate.
GTA 5 took 7 years to complete on the PC. Star Citizen is at least as big, if not much bigger. So of course it will take at least as long.
But I guess now I know why publishers dont announce games that early... because of whiners who cant even put 1 and 1 together.

Apples and oranges, buddy. Does Rockstar ever ask anyone for dime one? CR asked for money for a WC type game and has blown it off. Rockstar actually delivers the game you know they're making. And lastly, they have a successful track record, wildly successful.
He said from day one that they are going to expand this game as much as the money allows it to. It was always going to be massive, not just a "WC" game. Also CR didnt have the money to back it from the start. Thats why it grew slowly, when they realized they get much more money than needed for what you call a "WC game". It was known from the start, yet people like you still whine like it wasnt.
I rather wait a long time than see another early access shit game that will cut down their development team, once they got all the money.

Don't be so disrespectful, Rockstar have worked over many years (coming up on 20) on making the GTA series one of, if not the biggest in gaming history with totally sales over 230 million.

They have done this with support and money from their publisher, asking for nothing until they had a finished product to put in the end users hands.

They have done this with planning and design, using each game in the series, and other they have made (Manhunt, RDR, Max Payne 3, ect.) to learn and improve on what they where doing and getting feed back on what was working.

They have delivered with pretty much every game they have released. It is them that set the standard by which others hope to achieve.

Star Citizen is nothing like that. That scale is only in his head.

It's a dream by a hack called Chris Roberts, who is using morally poor funding methods to risk other peoples money on his dream of making a space movie, which he will try to call a game.

FREELANCE is all you need to know about Chris Roberts dreaming big, spending money, and then not delivering anything close to what he was talking up. (Wing Commander The Movie as well)

He has no plan, it as changed that many times that he has wasted plenty of the funds he has raised. No design documents. Now does LTI and pre launch cash ship sales work in a MMO type economy for example? - They don't. How do you balance that shit? - You cant, its fucked from a gameplay point of view. (let alone him trying to get his tech to do it)

You say Chris Roberts didn't have the money to back it from the start, well, if I remember correctly, he was only oringnl trying to kickstart $500,000 so as to show there was a market for a Wing Commander type game, and that he had investors lined up to supply the $20 million he felt he would need.

He has released nothing to show it is anywhere near on the level of GTA, where do you get that from?

The guy is struggling to manage this project.

Claimed they would not release SQ42 gameplay video at Citizen Con because it was not up to their standards yet they release 2.6 and Star Marine, which would make you think that their standards are not that high at all (for gameplay - for 'the graphics n fedality' it's good but poorly running) - all he cares about is how it looks. (like a movie).

Please don't ever liken CiG and it 'product' to Rockstar and their award winning games - cos it's just not true.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
15. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 25, 2016, 19:11 Kosumo

Breaking News

Chris Roberts Lies!

We now return to your regular programming.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 05:24 Kosumo

Congrates on your 20 year strip club anniveriary and also look forward to having some good fun when you Doom download finishes. It's a very fun, good game.

Lets us know how you enjoy it in your very own Doom thread on the side bar, (make your own coustom topic - I've forgot nnow!) I'm sure many people would be happy to share some good stories from the new Doom.

PS Season Best to all the rest

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
43. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 25, 2016, 02:20 Kosumo

This is a good move for Amazon and Chris.

Amazon can get to data mine the very gullible player base who have shown they are happy to handover money for very little in return, and Chris can now say that another feature is complete - Mining.

Why, if you believe this was a good move, would you announce it basically on Christmas eve and then go on holiday for two weeks? That's a classic political move for dumping stuff you don't want to have to deal with. It's not what you do when you are proud of something.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
85. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 23, 2016, 21:27 Kosumo

Engine change for the win! (Now with Amazon Data mining)  

69. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 20, 2016, 02:51 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 17:54:
CIG is overdelivering and designing the game as the community wants

A very stupid view.

They are totally under delivering, have been for years.

Over a year ago they had there first SQ42 video with the actors names in it and at the end 2016. Less than two weeks left in 2016 - NOTHING at all shown - this for a game which was orignally planned to be out in 2014.

That is shameful and completely why no publisher would work with Chris Roberts.

This has happened with him before - Freelance - which was only finished once he had been removed from the project; which suited him anyway because he did not really want to make games, he wants to make movies.

What he is over delivering on is scummy way to take more and more money from his backers. 'Concept' i.e. what I've just dreamed up shit sales with 'Life Time Insurance' i.e. more bullshit money grabbing sales pitch/concept that still after 5 years has not been shown in any way how this would work in the game without unbalancing the economy (which does not exsit in anyway). Meaning that these LTI Concepts Ships are pay to win DLC while it is being denied that it is so. That's Scummy!

It's an open development game and will run without a subscription. But scummy Chris wants some more money so now if you want to play the latest PTU version of the game and you have not been invited, you can become a community subscriber, paying $10 a month and with this, you will be allowed to play the latest PTU version of the game before others. Gee, I find that a bit scummy aswell.

Totally over delivering in those areas. As for GAMEPLAY, you know the backbone of games, well, not so much.

As to keeping to his oringal pledge where he said if the game was not delivered by 18 months after his 2014 date, he would show and account for where the money has been spent. ..... Yeah, not gonna happen cos he was only saying those things then to reassure people to give him money. It's ok though cos some off those people have totally fell for what he as been saying and will come out and excuse him for those things. That's a little scummy too.

CIG is overdelivering on the pay to Chris Roberts and his wife, the VP of tickling, Sandi.

34. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 14:35 Kosumo

Ok, so this was good enough to show publicly yet they could not get any of the Squadren 42 footage togeather despite them saying back at gamescon/citizen con that it was only days from being done.

Now they say that they are not going to show it.

I say they where lying the whole time, they must have know over six months ago that there was NO chance of Squarden 42 being released this year yet they did nothing to correct that perception.

Also, in that McDonald example, the whole time you are waiting in the drive though on your burger, while you have been given cold French fries that you did not order, McDonald's is blasting your car with ad's for new burgers and other products.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
42. Re: the number of nebo is 12 Dec 18, 2016, 02:05 Kosumo

Chris Roberts and his wife, Sandi 'Mae Demming' Gardiner are a couple of scummy people enriching themselves off of gullibly people.

Chris Roberts knows nothing of modern game development and is wasting other peoples money.

Anyone who believes in him is a fool and needs help.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
19. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 17:18 Kosumo

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 16:52:
In case anyone's wondering what happened to the promised Squadron 42 presentation for CitizenCon (back in October) that was hyped all year long and according to Christ Roberts missed being ready for prime time by the width of a pubic hair and that was supposed to be shown really, really very super-soon after CitizenCon but then was never heard from again until today, well, here's the bullshit excuse from the holiday newsletter...

In anticipation of today's Live Stream, I did want to address one thing that I have been seeing speculation on in the forums: whether or not today's Live Stream will feature the Squadron 42 Vertical Slice.

After we made the decision before CitizenCon that the Squadron 42 vertical slice wasnít ready to be shown publically, we spent some time on reviewing how far off we were and what we wanted to achieve in order to be comfortable showing a full chapter of S42 gameplay. After all the effort we expended for CitizenCon, we didnít want to spend additional developer time polishing intermediate solutions if it wasnít going towards the final product. A slick demo isnít that helpful if it pushes back the finished game, so we decided that the priority should be completing full systems over getting the vertical slice into a showable state.

TL;DR After over five years (going by Roberts' own counting) they still do not have a single mission from Squadron 42 in a presentable state even though the FULL game (not just an episode) was originally supposed to be delivered in late 2014.

Anyone here who is predicting a beta in a year or a couple of years needs to get their head checked. At this rate, we are, without even a hint of exaggeration, a good decade away from the final game (full PU, all ships and gameplay systems, 100 star systems etc.).

Release Con 2.6 pre-alpha

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo