Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2468 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
41. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 19, 2016, 16:18 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:36:
Sho wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 16:26:
Even if they release the game and it's great they'll never satisfy the critics, as the goalposts will simply be moved - you'll just criticise it for something else.

Goalpost shifting? Chris Roberts has gone form playing American Football changed the game to water polo and then got rid of the goals altogether and changed the game to fencing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 18, 2016, 04:59 Kosumo

In your "In short" you did not list gameplay, what's the gameplay and what is it's quality like? Has it improved, does it show signs of improving?  

12. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 16, 2016, 19:27 Kosumo

I expect a lot of request for refunds on peoples 'free' after they try it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 23:31 Kosumo

W00t w00t - 20 YEARS - Top show old chap - Party time :

Cheesy Giggle Gossip Gorgeous Cake Friends Highfive Computer Guitarist Party

(ok, I'm pushing it by having a female in that party!)

Secret Text - Blue, could you work on expanding the amount of emojies you can use in one post for the 40th party?)

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
16. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 04:24 Kosumo

El Pit wrote on Jul 3, 2016, 03:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 14:41:
Did I miss something, when did Star Citizen fail? Gotta agree with TheEmissary on this one.
Also it's time to find a new whipping boy, Star Citizen has not been part of ks for years.

Exactly Star Citizen delivered! Polo shirts are not available, so rejoice! The kickstarter was about polo shirts, wasn't it? Am I confusing something?

And soon Star Citizen will even less be a "whipping boy", because it will not have been part of ks for decades. The more time you take, the better a kickstarter project you are!

Yep, totally not a part of Kickstarter for years, but still crowdfunding to this day.

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
53. Re: Deus Ex issues, maybe this will help Jun 22, 2016, 18:35 Kosumo

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 09:39:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 06:53:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 06:40:
Best demo I ever played (and played and played and played - but never played the full game) was Deus Ex

I have the full game on Steam and went to play it just a few days ago (just to relive the demo level - libety Island) but it did not work, some issue.

If I do get it going, are their some mods ect. that anyone would recommend?
I asked the same think like weeks ago but nobody replied. I cried.

My first stop for game issues http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_Ex

OK, so I should cry for a bit then go and check out that site - sweet, thanks guys Cry

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
43. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 22, 2016, 06:40 Kosumo

Best demo I ever played (and played and played and played - but never played the full game) was Deus Ex

I have the full game on Steam and went to play it just a few days ago (just to relive the demo level - libety Island) but it did not work, some issue.

If I do get it going, are their some mods ect. that anyone would recommend?

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
9. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 21, 2016, 05:03 Kosumo

Worker are replaced with "builders" which have a set number of uses, I believe 3 is standard - so a builder can instantly up grade up to three tiles (one per turn) into districts.

What is your problem with 'streamlining'? Do you not believe that they can change things for the best?

If you are not keen on Civ 6 you can keep playing Civ 5 or 4 or 3 and be happy.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
87. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 17, 2016, 20:36 Kosumo

Comet wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 15:58:
Is CIG any different from other devs be it following the traditional funding model or crowdfunding and if so what makes them different?

Well, hiring your wife into a senior position and then not being open about the fact that she is your wife while getting funding by pre-selling DLC to costumers to an unfinished (bearly started) game is VERY different - would you not agree?

73. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 16, 2016, 05:10 Kosumo

What other crowd funded project continue to sell stuff through out the whole development time?

Standard crowd funding projects have a funding window then that closes and then work on the project with the budget they have.

People are not donating or investing in Star Citizen - they are BUYING internet space ships (or concepts of). For set amount of money you get a certain ship - it becomes yours and CIG pays tax on the transaction. (sometimes you pay some tax on it to - unlike donations or investments - well you may pay tax on profits form investments in some places) You can sell that item if you wish on a grey market.

But above all the message is CIG is no different than any other crowd funding project because most projects on Kickstarter accept any ammount of money you're willing to give them.

Yes it is - they are still asking for more funds years after it started and at more than four times the amount of money Chris said it would take to make the game.

Can you direct me to where on their site I can donate $17.50 or $111 or $69.69 or any other number that is not the amount which they sell a internet spaceship for?

CIG realized that there were extremely wealthy people wasting thousands of dollars on different options. So to provide these wealthy people an easier option and an inceptive, they created that pledge option.

How do you know that it is only wealthy people, chances are that there are many people who are not wealth who have brought these ships becase of the way CIG insentivised them i.e. Limited time, Life time insurance, ect.

If wealthy people wish to donate more they could have just multiply copies of a $30 ship.

This is just Chris Roberts and mates being greedy.

What about the example of the $10 million stretch goal motion capture studio that was super seeded by Andy Sirkis place?

How can you say that if I have a problem with their funding model its not with CIG when it is them making up and choosing to use that funding method.

71. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 16, 2016, 02:19 Kosumo

I mean, how long ago where people told that they where going to be able to invite people into their hangars - heaps of people brought lots of ships and hangar flair so they could show it of ..... now years later, you still can not invite other people into your hangar ... and that was something that I thought would be reasonable easy to achieve.

Nope, just hype to sell stuff.

70. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 16, 2016, 02:13 Kosumo

Comet wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 20:14:
Don't quite get where I was wrong.
Just like any developer they tried to get investors to support their project. And they got it.

People who brought ship (not donated money, that's a lie, they sell internet spaceships) are not investors, they are costumers. An investor would stand to make money out of the product if it was a well selling game and would have much more rights to see what was going on behind the seen and where the game was progress compared to pre-set mile stones and also to understand where the money was being spent. With the chance to make money at the end, the investor also stands to lose the money on cancelled projects.

What CIG is doing is pre-selling internet spaceships to a games that is only in a very primitive Alpha at best, and in some cases only concepts of said ships .... all for many times the cost of a real, already made, top notch AAA game.

Don't bring CD project or Rockstar in here, both those company have made many games and use their own (or their publishers) money to take the risk to make their games. (Remember, Rockstar where working on a game called Agent for quite some time before cancelling it - at no stage did they start to sell trench coats for $80 for a unfinished game)

Those companies can do what ever they like with their money.

CIG have made nothing yet have sold 115 million dollars of promised product. Chris Roberts, the chairman of this company, has lied many many times to keep selling more internet spaceships. He is spending money form sales of things he has not yet delivered to sell more things so he can make the things that he as already sold - PONZI.

He should stop selling things and make the fucken game already - but he can not because he has wasted to much of the money.

I have no money in this, never have, not even into space games - but I don't like seeing people get scammed and truly believe that this has gone way past any reasonable point and is just abusive toward the people who are the fan base of this/Chris .... I mean do you think it is fine to sell ships/concepts of ships for $300, $800, $1500 dollars for a pre-alpha/alpha game?

WTF - That's abusive.

65. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 15, 2016, 17:53 Kosumo

Comet wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 16:51:
Still CIG is just like any other game developer/publisher.
Meaning, they have a similar structure. 300+ employees much like most AAA studios these days. Similar or higher budget to build AAA title.

Wrong.

Totally wrong.

They are not like any other game developer/publisher.

Any other developer would go to a publisher (which none wanted anything to do with Chris Roberts, his track record is bad) with an outline of the game that they wish to make and a budget/timeframe which they believe it would take to make it, then the publisher would, using their experance of developing/publishing other games, look at it and either green light it or work with then to refine it to a point where they would like to fund it.

Chris made a game pitch to the crowd which had a fixed scope and timeframe, all while not having a functioning studio up and running, and as the money came in he started changing the scope and timeframe AND only then started to build a development studio, not one, not two, but now four of them spread around the world. Why does he need four place spread around the world including in Santa Monica (a very exspensive place to be)?

Any other game developer/publisher of the AAA size does not employ their wife to a senior position and not openly disclose that she is his wife.

What is with the $10 million dollar stretch goal of "Cloud Imperium Games will build their own mocap studio to improve the quality of Star Citizen and Squadron 42ís cutscenes." yet then going out and spending millions on hiring Andy Serkis and his Imaginarium Studios to do the motion capture - all before they even know how they are going to use the motion capture in the game! WTF!

That my friend is Chris using other peoples money to play hot shot director because that is what he wants to do not to make computer games - evidence that he brearly even plays computer games can be seen clearly in this video.

Please stop referring to Rockstar in post about Star Citizen, it's very disrespectful to a company that has been around for over 17 years and made dozens of games, some of which have been amongst the biggest entertainment properties in the world in both critical acclaim and revenue - all why waiting to finish their product BEFORE asking for money for it.

Chris Roberts as lie time and again during this project, all while asking people to buy CONCEPTS of internet spaceships for hundreds of dollars - it's not a case of a $30 pre-perchuse DLC, it's $300 for just one ship that there is yet to even be a game for you to use it in.

Chris Roberts/Star Citizen = Scummy

47. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 13, 2016, 04:39 Kosumo

GTA 5 was on a version of the Rockstar RAGE engine which was first used on ROCKSTAR Table Tennis - this was not a big, open world.

Chris Roberts is the Adam Sandler of computer game. His wife, Sandi, is as bad an actress as Paris Hilton, and struggles to either read the script in front of her or learn her lines.

They are wasting other peoples money.

25. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 01:17 Kosumo

It's all just par for the course with Chris Roberts and his deceptive wife, Sandi and their grabby hands, after more money before they have made good on what they have already sold.

Changing the ToS so your customers can not get refunds for things you don't deliver and customers can not sue you for anything is illegal in many places in the world not to mention very scummy and immoral .... so just what you would expect form these clowns.

Still people give them more money (not enough though, whole thing is doomed).

Chris Roberts, most abusive developer there has ever been.

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
8. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 10, 2016, 04:52 Kosumo

Asmodai wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 01:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:11:
Told ya this shit is garbage but nooo... CJ is such a horrible troll and a negative nancy blahblahbluhblehblah. Yup. Maybe I am. But I'm also right 99.9% of the time .

Keep on buying all the latest hyped garbage games though so the publishers know that's exactly what you want. Come on... there's a Watch Dawgs 2 waiting for preorders just based on the trailer. Whatcha waitin' for? Go, go, go!

/giggle Yet another thread where CJ attempts to self fellate...

He is living the dream

News Comments > Allison Road Cancelled
6. Re: Allison Road Cancelled Jun 6, 2016, 05:07 Kosumo

Dev wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 01:37:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 23:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 17:36:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 12:41:
Are they going to reinstate the kickstarter now?

What they asked in the KS wouldn't have financed a game like the one they pitched anyway... and apparently neither can the money Team17 wanted to invest.
They got 145,000 toward their 250,000 goal, so it seems KS would have financed it.
Unless it was one of those "we aren't telling you, but the goal is really only high enough to get a vertical slice done to show to a publisher to get complete funding"
I've had a KS I backed, canceled years after funding because of that. They didn't say that up front or I would not have backed it.

Was Christ Roberts envolved?

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 5, 2016, 02:49 Kosumo

Would this be one of the best free to play games around?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands
2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands May 27, 2016, 23:52 Kosumo

Welcome to New Zealand, you may not have your comp and HOTAS but we have spare sheep if you like.  

News Comments > New Unreal Tournament Map
5. Re: New Unreal Tournament Map May 26, 2016, 04:57 Kosumo

Anyone know what the business model is for this product?  

2468 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo