Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2456 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
65. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 15, 2016, 17:53 Kosumo

Comet wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 16:51:
Still CIG is just like any other game developer/publisher.
Meaning, they have a similar structure. 300+ employees much like most AAA studios these days. Similar or higher budget to build AAA title.

Wrong.

Totally wrong.

They are not like any other game developer/publisher.

Any other developer would go to a publisher (which none wanted anything to do with Chris Roberts, his track record is bad) with an outline of the game that they wish to make and a budget/timeframe which they believe it would take to make it, then the publisher would, using their experance of developing/publishing other games, look at it and either green light it or work with then to refine it to a point where they would like to fund it.

Chris made a game pitch to the crowd which had a fixed scope and timeframe, all while not having a functioning studio up and running, and as the money came in he started changing the scope and timeframe AND only then started to build a development studio, not one, not two, but now four of them spread around the world. Why does he need four place spread around the world including in Santa Monica (a very exspensive place to be)?

Any other game developer/publisher of the AAA size does not employ their wife to a senior position and not openly disclose that she is his wife.

What is with the $10 million dollar stretch goal of "Cloud Imperium Games will build their own mocap studio to improve the quality of Star Citizen and Squadron 42s cutscenes." yet then going out and spending millions on hiring Andy Serkis and his Imaginarium Studios to do the motion capture - all before they even know how they are going to use the motion capture in the game! WTF!

That my friend is Chris using other peoples money to play hot shot director because that is what he wants to do not to make computer games - evidence that he brearly even plays computer games can be seen clearly in this video.

Please stop referring to Rockstar in post about Star Citizen, it's very disrespectful to a company that has been around for over 17 years and made dozens of games, some of which have been amongst the biggest entertainment properties in the world in both critical acclaim and revenue - all why waiting to finish their product BEFORE asking for money for it.

Chris Roberts as lie time and again during this project, all while asking people to buy CONCEPTS of internet spaceships for hundreds of dollars - it's not a case of a $30 pre-perchuse DLC, it's $300 for just one ship that there is yet to even be a game for you to use it in.

Chris Roberts/Star Citizen = Scummy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 13, 2016, 04:39 Kosumo

GTA 5 was on a version of the Rockstar RAGE engine which was first used on ROCKSTAR Table Tennis - this was not a big, open world.

Chris Roberts is the Adam Sandler of computer game. His wife, Sandi, is as bad an actress as Paris Hilton, and struggles to either read the script in front of her or learn her lines.

They are wasting other peoples money.

25. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 01:17 Kosumo

It's all just par for the course with Chris Roberts and his deceptive wife, Sandi and their grabby hands, after more money before they have made good on what they have already sold.

Changing the ToS so your customers can not get refunds for things you don't deliver and customers can not sue you for anything is illegal in many places in the world not to mention very scummy and immoral .... so just what you would expect form these clowns.

Still people give them more money (not enough though, whole thing is doomed).

Chris Roberts, most abusive developer there has ever been.

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
8. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 10, 2016, 04:52 Kosumo

Asmodai wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 01:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:11:
Told ya this shit is garbage but nooo... CJ is such a horrible troll and a negative nancy blahblahbluhblehblah. Yup. Maybe I am. But I'm also right 99.9% of the time .

Keep on buying all the latest hyped garbage games though so the publishers know that's exactly what you want. Come on... there's a Watch Dawgs 2 waiting for preorders just based on the trailer. Whatcha waitin' for? Go, go, go!

/giggle Yet another thread where CJ attempts to self fellate...

He is living the dream

News Comments > Allison Road Cancelled
6. Re: Allison Road Cancelled Jun 6, 2016, 05:07 Kosumo

Dev wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 01:37:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 23:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 17:36:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 12:41:
Are they going to reinstate the kickstarter now?

What they asked in the KS wouldn't have financed a game like the one they pitched anyway... and apparently neither can the money Team17 wanted to invest.
They got 145,000 toward their 250,000 goal, so it seems KS would have financed it.
Unless it was one of those "we aren't telling you, but the goal is really only high enough to get a vertical slice done to show to a publisher to get complete funding"
I've had a KS I backed, canceled years after funding because of that. They didn't say that up front or I would not have backed it.

Was Christ Roberts envolved?

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 5, 2016, 02:49 Kosumo

Would this be one of the best free to play games around?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands
2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands May 27, 2016, 23:52 Kosumo

Welcome to New Zealand, you may not have your comp and HOTAS but we have spare sheep if you like.  

News Comments > New Unreal Tournament Map
5. Re: New Unreal Tournament Map May 26, 2016, 04:57 Kosumo

Anyone know what the business model is for this product?  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
2. Re: Take-Two Financials May 18, 2016, 21:21 Kosumo

Do they sell physical items form GTA? i.e. collectors models of the charactors - can you buy a twelve inch Trevor? (that sounds abit dirty)  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews May 17, 2016, 16:43 Kosumo

Roll up, roll up, get you space clothes here (cos that's what will make this the BDSSE - not gameplay)

Douches

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 20:03 Kosumo

So Mark, how is the gameplay?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: RetroAhoy: Quake May 15, 2016, 03:51 Kosumo

Well worth the watch for us old timers.

News Comments > DOOM Released
127. Re: DOOM Released May 14, 2016, 20:26 Kosumo

Ta Quinn, as always, I've already watch your review, just looking for others opinions on it.

Your review was very good with a fast turn around - Good Work man, keep it up Allthumbsup

Anyone got into the snap map stuff yet?

News Comments > DOOM Released
123. Re: DOOM Released May 14, 2016, 19:31 Kosumo

So any feed back on the multi player yet? Who ahs given it a try?  

News Comments > Save 50%
21. Re: Save 50% May 13, 2016, 01:11 Kosumo

nin wrote on May 13, 2016, 00:32:
Nighthawk wrote on May 13, 2016, 00:29:
I clicked on this, I expected twice what I read....

There's a certain joy I get, knowing Blue will find this thread tomorrow morning as apart of his next update, and thinking "those assholes..."

Only 50% of that is true, it's "those ...holes"

Anyway, Blue will have to take at lest 50% of the blame

This comment was edited on May 13, 2016, 03:37.

News Comments > Save 50%
6. Re: Save 50% May 12, 2016, 20:23 Kosumo

Save, save and save some more!

Anyone who does not take up this offer is a fool!

News Comments > DOOM Trailers
16. Re: DOOM Trailers May 12, 2016, 03:38 Kosumo

That Nvidia footage was good indeed.  

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
30. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 18:28 Kosumo

Better have digging tunnels under the other teams trenches and filling them with dynamite to blow them up in a classic move of 'undermining'.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 26, 2016, 03:19 Kosumo

Would you tell us what you think looks good?

I'll agree some of the graphics look good - but not amazing or original - and the fictions is like 70's stale without the coolness of being retro.

They have so many problems with the way they have gone about doing this that I cant see even a half desecint game coming out of it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 25, 2016, 23:43 Kosumo

Were already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale. - Chris Roberts, TheMittani.com, 2012-10-19  

2456 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo