Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2469 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Oct 9, 2015, 01:44 Kosumo

The only hope left for Star Citizen is ...... Sid Meier and Firaxis} Allthumbsup  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Specs
2. Re: Fallout 4 Specs Oct 8, 2015, 19:06 Kosumo

Are you going to blame Chris Roberts for that?  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Neverending Nightmare of Derek Smart Oct 8, 2015, 18:53 Kosumo

So all that is left is for them to build a fire and singing songs?

May I recommend this one, but it's Star Citizen not trek and Derek Smart not Klingons.

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
210. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 8, 2015, 03:03 Kosumo

While I'd be interested in any other income, I'm wondering if any of the companies have loans.  

208. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 7, 2015, 19:43 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 11:52:
I'll be at CitCon this Saturday and they really need to deliver.

If you see Chris, can you ask him when he will deliver the law suit on The Escapist that his company threated? Or will it just be another thing that they say they are going to do, then don't?

I'd also like to know, if you could ask him, has Roberts Space Industry or any of it's sub companies borrowed any money from banks, outside investers, ect?

Thanks

198. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 6, 2015, 20:51 Kosumo

Well ShadyPete, I don't want to answer on his behalf, he is more than capable of speaking for himself. But when he was challenged about the selling of concept ships his reply was -

I don't like the business model but I accept it as a necessary evil.

Post 84 form this thread

Read it all, amazing stuff form the cultists.

He has concerns but will just hand wave them away like Obi-Wan in Star Wars. Happy with necessary evil - just like a real cultist.

So as you can see, they are in it way passed the tip.

Just my view.

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
76. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 19:11 Kosumo

But wait, There's More!

Derek's The Endgame

To quote "the fact that I could not be regarded as an unbiased source even if I swore on a stack of Bibles to be unbiased etc."

Please be advise that to much popcorn can be bad for your health. Nod

News Comments > Prison Architect Released
3. Re: Prison Architect Released Oct 6, 2015, 18:50 Kosumo

When I played this in beta (maybe alpha 13?) some time ago it was fun, built me a few cool prisons.

Looking forward to the game as a whole, I see much has been added since I last played (gangs and the likes)

It's a good management game imho. You want more money to build better ect.

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
65. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 15:48 Kosumo

I don't think this is about protecting his employees, I think this is about protecting his wife (that he only recently confirmed).  

182. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 6, 2015, 01:47 Kosumo

So The Escapist has gone all Tom Petty and wont back down, gonna stand their ground.

I look forward to CIG suing them and we can then get to the bottom of this in court. (or will CIG not sue them and just lose more of their creditability).

Anyway, the popcorn sellers are in for a bumper time.

144. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 18:13 Kosumo

Interesting article on the legal letter from CIG

In space, no one can hear you threaten lawsuits

Wall Deal

138. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 17:40 Kosumo

Star Citizen is a bad joke.

Selling in game internet space ships (and just concepts of) for hundreds of dollars for a game that is at best years away is a bad joke.

Calling yourself "The Chairman" and giving your wife the title/job of "Vice-President of Marketing" and using your backers money to pay you both (most likely large amounts)is another unfunny joke.

Working on a project for over 4 years and still not having a plan is a joke as well.

Telling people you are going to release modules in a month or two then not doing so and saying nothing about it for months is abit of a joke too.

Taking peoples money in return for in game items and calling it donations is a scummy joke.

Responding to Derek Smart - well we all know that's a joke!

Treating a lawsuit on a media company and not following though with it is also a silly joke. (They are not going to follow though with this lawsuit)

75. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 13:27 Kosumo

Chris Roberts has a Sandi vigina. Shocked  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2015, 02:02 Kosumo

I'm thinking of buy myself a Larry Laffter type Leisure Suit next year for my birthday. I'll be 40 (but not a virgin unless that will get me laid Beatnik )  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
56. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 16:16 Kosumo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 16:08:
Desalus wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 12:04:
harlock wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 11:28:
if the environment was truly healthy there would be no slander, and there would be no rebuttal even if there was an attempt - the whole thing would smell different

this reeks of desperation

To the white knights this whole thing is one big conspiracy theory orchestrated by Derek Smart. I just don't understand how you cannot see that something is amiss at CIG. After four years of development they have so very little to show for it. No efficiently run team takes that long to produce so little. Doesn't that just scream mismanagement?

Exactly, we don't need DS to tell us something is wrong. The numbers are just not adding up. Three years spent, and a few demos to show for it.

And with no real showing of solid defined gameplay, you know the thing that makes games.

This FPS that is 'out before the end of this year' was ment to be out like about 5 months ago and has just been delayed, delayed, delayed. Now they are talking about dropping the 'jukes' system out of it and not having any zero g stuff when it first gets released. But wtf? their gamescon multiplayer ship 'demo' had them in zero g entering the abondond ship no?

They did not demo a large scale map, they ran a demo showing a small part of that large scale map in a 'scripted' run thought.

Smoke and Mirrors = fanboi money

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
125. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 14:58 Kosumo

descender wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 13:15:
Under her watch CIG has crowdfunded $90mil on nothing but promises and someone is questioning her marketing credentials? Rolleyes2

Bernie Maddof ran a multi billion dollar investment company. Anxious

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
187. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 18:12 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:40:
At the moment CIG has around 250 staff - even if you assume an average salary of $80,000 (the industry average) that's only $1.7m a month. It also has around 100 contractors, who will be paid a fraction of that (even if you assume $50,000 that's $0.4m).

Why do you think contractors will only be paid a fraction of that? Your totally wrong. If you where right they would do the whole game with nothing but contractors.

Plus your basic maths is very bad, 100 contractors @ $50,000 is .5 million not .4 - which is wrong anyway due to your numbers being wrong (plus the contractors may not work for the whole year.

Also you say they scale down if the money slows - if they do, the amount of content slows or the level of 'fidelity' lessen - otherwise they would have never scaled up.

Scaling down would put them in a death spiral and Chris Roberts knows that which is why he is trying to scale up (but not in the US, because I think he is using tax credits in UK and Germany)

Also the $90 million has had to have tax paid on it so is not $90 million any more.

Just my thoughts.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
1. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 17:37 Kosumo

Bang  

131. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 21:32 Kosumo

Looks like they have made about $330k form this internet space ship concept so far and about $1.4 million for last month.

Pressure is on for CitizenCon to deliver some big kick to the funding (3 million plus next month) or I'm calling this game over.

Chris needs the money to make up for him spend backers money on Hollywood talent so that he could feel like a real director (his true dream)

115. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 17:35 Kosumo

Zor wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 17:09:
Sad to see a post this disingenuous here... of course it would be posted in the most sensational, anti-CIG, anti-SC way possible. *sigh*

Please, feel free to use this comment section to set the record straight, what is it that you found disingenuous about it?

2469 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo