Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2484 (Senior)
User ID 19551
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
20. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 23:34 Kosumo
Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 22:53:
I think there's still a market for games like that, but it'll have to come through smaller projects like Kickstarters. No publisher really seems to want to cough up the cash for something like them.

Firaxs/Take 2 with X-COM:Enemy Unknown and the up coming sequal show that there are larger publishers willing to invest money it to that style of game.

Bethesda just was not know for that style of game so made it more in the style that they where known for. (Also, maybe it was a better fit for console gamers as sad as that sounds - I know Fallout: Botherhood of Steel, came out on consoles, did any of the others?)

I still agree with what you said in general. I'm sure that the Fallout universe is a long long way form dying out now. (how long was the gap between the last Fallout game before Fallout 3 and Fallout 3?)

I'd be keen to see a Firaxs Fallout game (isometric) with Chris Avolle (you guys know who I mean) as a spin off.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
10. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 21:26 Kosumo
Kxmode wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 20:51:
I'll have to wait to buy closer to release. I dropped $1,400 on a car payment internet pew pew space ship that ended any kind of play eating money for October. I'm hell bent on being debt free an elite Star Citizen (with no pubes). Priorities Christ Roberts and the Cult of White Knights first.

Fixed that for you Allthumbsup

I've been replaying the first Fallout (first time in about 15 years) and as harlock says, they still stand up gameplay wise.

In saying that, I'm total going to get this day one despite not liking Fallout 3 all that much - I loved Fallout:NV. I'm happy to roll with some chance on this.

Just because Fallout 1 & 2 where great games, dose not mean that although 3 was not as good, that it was not worthy, it was ok/good, Fallout:NV was just about back to great level.

Happy that you are going to pass on this if you feel that way. I hope its great, gets good reviews, and you then give it a go and enjoy it.

Otherwise - troll away
News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
32. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 06:11 Kosumo
Patch Notes:

- The Greycat Buggy has received an appearance, animation and handling overhaul.
- The fish tank in all current Hangars has received appearance updates.
- The elevator to Area 18 will now show all available instances of ArcCorp, how many people are present in each one, and how many people from your contact list are present.
- There is now a “Loadout Selector” located in all player hangar’s that will allow players to select what load out they will move around the Hangar and ArcCorp with.

- Fixed an issue where characters would not be properly aligned in the Retaliator when attempting to sit in the Retaliator pilot chair.
- Fixed an issue where characters would appear outside of the Gladiator when attempting to sit down in the Gladiator pilot chair.

- Character rigs and animations have all been updated

- Fixed an issue where people did not know that Sandi Gardiner is Chris Roberts wife.

News Comments > etc.
49. Re: etc. Oct 25, 2015, 05:35 Kosumo
Slick wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 02:48:
Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 05:25:
Women will need to get ready for Sharia law, as Trudeau is pro-ISIS/pro-Islam.

*golf clap*

masterfully done sir, you are truly a giant in your artful troll

I too, am impressed with that level off flying of the deep end, truly masterful trolling Salute (well, would be if anyone takes the bait)
News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
20. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 22:15 Kosumo
Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 22:04:
Retired wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 21:25:
It is $46 and change at GMG if anyone wants it. Coupon out there for 23% off.

Is that a steam key? International fine? (regional prices is $100nzd about ~$60-$70usd)

For a while we where getting good prices down here and games where at a reasonable price point - now it's getting back up to way over priced again. It's like we are becoming like Austraila (but still can play rugby ((zing )) ) and getting totally tucked on computer games prices.
News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
8. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 19:57 Kosumo
It's not the beer that is expensive, it's the post apocalyptic currentcy of 12 bottle caps that your paying for!  
News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
163. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 21, 2015, 01:04 Kosumo
Some of the GTA games had pretty good actors in them, It's not why I brought them, but having Ray Leota, Samual L Jackson, James Wood and Chris Penn in them was fun. (Vice City, San Andreas)

Although it's telling that Rockstar now does not do that. (can't think of any in GTA 4 or 5)
News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
113. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 20, 2015, 04:35 Kosumo
jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 03:58:
Ah, okay, you and I are largely on the same page then. I want this to succeed, I'm just having a hard time seeing how they get there with their constant scope creep. The ArcCorp module tossed me off the wagon, before that I was pretty optimistic. But that was so overbuilt (as one location of a projected hundreds) that I realized the game would never be finished if everything was going to be built at that scale. Still, if they release SQ 42 complete, I'll feel I got my $35 worth.
I would love to see the game that Chris Roberts talks about being made and for sale, (it sound great, even thought I'm not that into space sims, what a great sounding game! (I'll play any good game - any type)) but I don't think people should be paying more than around ~$60 for a complete game.

For a non complete game, which this very much is, (with an average of about $90 dollars per backer) and the makers having their hand out for more, without taking into account the chance of all the dodgness with this project (Chris's wife in a top position and acting roll, the way how their are multiply diffent studios in diffent places around the world, with lots of diffent companies, the stringing along of people to buy another ship (jpeg)) this just makes me feel very unease about this way of making games.

It's also has become a pay to win game either though there is a good chance that the game will never be real.

It's a long way form the days of paying for Quake 2 and playing as much multiplayer as you want.

edit - Blue is more than able to stand up for himself here, if not he'll just set the dog on you! Also don't attack other posters, attack their views/points of debate, if they are dumping on the 'whole Blues community', of which they must be part of, just take it for what it is, move on. (or agree even).

The Blusenews Community can take it with out kicking back I'm sure. (save your anger for Chris Roberts! Devilish )

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2015, 04:56.
108. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 20, 2015, 02:59 Kosumo
Thanks for your reply, very well put, I agree with you in some ways but I also have a lot of fun poking the cultist.

Please feel free to post about the third way (middle ground, some other are already there) as often as you like. I'm all about more points of view (In this wasted first world topic Thumbsup )

P.S. I do like the Star Citizen threads, has do others or else they would not have so many post (although it's mostly a few posters (kxmode, myself, CJ Parker, jdreyer, theyarecomingforyou, ect) posting many times.) - I'm sure Blue know how many look at these post and weather it is wroth him posting them.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2015, 03:08.
News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Oct 20, 2015, 01:40 Kosumo
Kxmode wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 23:56:
Holy shit!!

Thank you for your purchase

You have successfully purchased the following tickets

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
7:00 PM | Thursday, December 17, 2015
RealD 3D

Flamethrower Smash Party Drunk2 Drummer Cheerleading __________ Rifle

Is adding those 'flame/rifle emoticons' going to get me investergated and ban form movie theraters?

It's a joke FBI, It's a joke!
106. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 20, 2015, 01:21 Kosumo
Citizen P wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 01:08:
Just imagine all the constructive things you could have done, instead of committing so wholeheartedly to loving or hating a game, that you have or have not paid for, that may or may not meet your expectations. The first world problems surrounding Star Citizen and this website is somewhere between mania and obsession. Good grief.

What do you mean "this website"? There are 32 other topics posted in the last 24 hours - while it maybe a popular/hot topic for debate, Bluesnews has many other post about many other topics.

If you don't wish to see the comment you can just not click on the view comments link.

If you wish to post in the comments and get people to respond to you, you could just post 'first world problems' to try to belittle people who have a interest in the topic like a hipster would.

Do you have an opinion on Star Citizen or would you like to post on the meta of Star Citizen threads with something more than 'first world problems'

I'm happy to hear about either.

As to 'constructive things' could you give us some exsamples which are in the same vane as lying in bed posting on a website?

By the way, a big part of my character is gaming and I am very interested and take part in discutions about it. (Like I would think many here on a PC gaming website would)
102. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 23:55 Kosumo
jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 23:22:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 20:29:
But I thought you were by and large a supporter of this project and am surprised that you posted this.
I'm not a support of either kick starter or a fan of Space sims, but am more than happy to see good games made.

I'm a Gamer and will play any type of good* game.

I don't like the way how this seems to have been funded by promises of a far off lofty goal of a game and the pre-game selling of highly priced DLC for such a game that I do not think will ever be close to the pitch that is sold - I find that scummy.

I do think it could/could have been made at a lower 'fidelity' point and then scaled up but that CIG as gone for a 'all in' type gamble on it without a solid plan or the people in a management postion to make it happen.

Chris Robert is not a good manager of projects, he is a used car sales man, he has been deceptive many times with this project.

I feel that he is using his fan base to fund 'his' dreams which they think is the BDSSE while his 'BDSSE' is more of a interactive movie (with the gameplay a long second).

This is a poorly managed project. I would advise no one to put anymore money into it.

Anyone want to disagree and tell me how it as been well managed?

Still feeling Sick

*Good is diffent form person to person but on the whole most of us can agree what is a good game.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2015, 00:38.
98. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 22:44 Kosumo
Well Krovven, I agree that there was a degree of trolling in Blues post but I'm happy to give the guy some slack due to the fact that we are in Bluesland, he is, after all el presidentie for life here.

I know what you are saying in that it's not that often that Blue comments on any of the topics but if you look at his profile, you will see that he has now 4000 post sinice Dec 0, 0000, 00:00.

That's a long time!

If you don't like his comment or others in relation to Star Citizen, you can choose to not view them by not clicking on the comment section.

If you are interested in Star Citizen post, I'm more than keen, as I'd think other are, to hear what your views are.

From what I have seen over the last week or so, you seem to be saying you don't care either way but choose to attack/correct people (Derek!!) although you don't care.

While I'm picking up that Blue does not seem to be a great supporter of Star Citizen, I still think he would be more than happy to post any new that is supportive of it (after all, all though the early stages he was posting about their kickstarter, fundraiser, which was after all only helping Chris Roberts get his message out.)

I enjoy you being part of the Bluesnews community and hope you post your thoughts whatever they maybe (along with anyone else who wishes to post - Blue aswell)

P.S. Christ Roberts is Scummy Cthulhu
95. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 20:29 Kosumo
So Blue post the third comment after just 14 mins of the post being live, pointing out how the second comment was just as trolling as anything and Krovven finds that a problem?

Woo, what happened .... is there more to this story or has Krovven just got his grumpy pants on.

Or should we all try to get Blue to ban Blue form the forums?

On topic - I would like to copy paste this from a SA posted that sums up the CitizenCon -

nopantsjack posted:

The Story So Far

The initial drama
Derek Smart is Derek Smart, trolls Star Citizen for a few months.
The Escapist publishes a peice where employees of CIG accuse Chris and Sandy of mismanagement, waste of funds and specifically Sandy of racism and muff-hating.
Chris Roberts posts a big meltdown on the Star Citizen site accusing Escapist of manufacturing sources/beleiving disgruntled employees/being Derek Smart/being Gamergate.
One day later CIG threaten Escapist with a defamation suit against the claims on Sandy (notably no claims to do with the money) unless they apologise and remove the article within 24 hours.
The Escapist says no, and commits to further investigation.

Derek Smart predicts a ship called the Vindicator will come out and it'll be $175 and a fighter, he does this through Beer who gets banned from the CIG forums for it.
Much shitposting.

After a brief delay and schizophrenic countdown timer, Citicon opens with a tearful speech from Sandy where she appeals to backers to think on the deep social connections they've forged by buying theoretical spaceships together, hypes Star Citizen as the pinnacle of human endeavour. This all sounds like a resignation and she's given going-away flowers, but doesn't leave.
gently caress you, Derek #1: "Anonymous hate campaign" + Look how much Sandy's underlings like her She also drops that she and Chris are married and this has "never been a secret" which is untrue.

Chris waddles on stage and mumbles through his nose and giggles, after showing how many devblog programs they've made the first thing he does is show off how many people he has working for him to disprove allegations of shrinking studio sizes. (gently caress you, Derek #2)
Chris lists the only stuff that is probably coming out soon, and its basically two weapons and buggies and the ability to respawn after you die.

After months of delays Star Marine is quietly scrapped and the development process is reversed and is no longer modular, now they're going to combine all the modules into one alpha to be released at an undisclosed time. gently caress You, Derek #3: "Everyone always yells at me when I give you release dates so I won't anymore."

Chris manages to fail at Powerpoint and can't make the next slide work.
Chris declares the alpha map to be the biggest ever in a game but compares it with Daggerfall and Skyrim rather than Elite, EVE or No Man's Sky which are much larger.

At some point they show off the state of this combined alpha, which is basically the multicrew demo from earlier roughly combined with the Star Marine module, it still looks very choppy and extremely pre-alpha, tellingly in a 4v4 firefight none of the shooting is captured on camera.
From the looks of it its entirely possible to lose whole space systems by not being good enough at FPSes. This is the only "gameplay" shown in the whole presentation, and involves mostly walking and some taking off, travelling and landing in space ships, ostensibly some people shooting assault rifles and then getting back in a ship.

A guy introduces a neat map app thats actually available now in browser and seems to work, making it the most polished game to come out of the kickstarter so far. You can plan your space camping trip routes in a game that won't exist for 2 years maybe never. The guy running the demo nearly dies from stage fright.

Chris talks about a night club called the Million Mile High Club where presumably people will gently caress eachother in space. This will probably also come out in some form, since its just a map people can walk around in, will support up to 25 players lol habbo hotel tech.

Some other guy intros an unpriced super joystick/keyboard/throttle addon that looks like hot dogshit but the guy doing the presentation is the only human that comes on stage for the whole thing. Chris fucks up at the reveal at every opportunity continuing the trend of Chris not being able to do anything.

They intro the Referral program with a video made by the one man who doesn't know how to say referral. The new "refral" program basically encourages faithful Citizens to recruit new players to buy this nonexistant game or buy 25 new accounts to get themselves a gaudy gold ship skin.
Possibly before this they announce a new ship that is totally the Vindicator, but has been renamed the Saber and sliced $5 off the price. (gently caress you, Derek #4)
They also announce a new $2500 military ship pack to go with Squadron42.

Halfway through the event and Chris is now just going to talk about Squadron 42 for the next hour, everyone is super excited to see what they have to show.

They have videos of the motion cap studio they set up themselves and reveal that Gary Oldman is in it and show a trailer showing CG Gary Oldman doing an old man voice with a muppet mouth before bragging about their facial animation in another video. They reveal a bunch of celebrities such as Scully, Luke Skywalker and Gimli are also in it as well as Sandi Gardiner. In brief interviews Gary Oldman looks guarded or despondant and compares Chris to Lucas.

They show us the first Squadron 42 gameplay ever revealed and its one big walking cutscene where they tour the ship and nothing else happens, the voices and perfomances are okay but this... isn't a game and there are bugs everywhere even for this one slice they have made, the first guy you see's hair takes 10 seconds to appear, another guy has a luminous mouth like his soul is trying to escape. All the black characters are carrying luggage or cargo in the background.
The animations range from decent mocap to shockingly rudimentary. Release date is set as 2016 which is laughable for anyone watching.

Chris goes loving mental for like 25 minutes about how many hours of cutscenes the game has and how huge its script is and it becomes chillingly apparent to everyone he's just found a way to reignite his hollywood dreams off the backs of nerds with poor judgement.
He gets an underling to bring him the script and then throws it on the floor to show how huge it is, then turns around and leaves him to pick it up, then realises he's supposed to be pretending to be nice and squawks out an apology and does his weird Hyih Hyih giggle.

Cake Time! CIG make a final bid to fill time and distract people from the fact the game doesn't exist and they showed 10 minutes of gameplay and they just told everyone none of the stuff they've been waiting for is coming out and they're going to have to indefinitly wait for an alpha that currently doesn't exist in any releaseable way.
They have brought a big birthday cake and they try and figure out a way to get the cake on a table from where it is 4 feet to the right to centre stage, which takes an army of techies and employees much hemming and hawing.
A put-upon looking stage assistant lights the candles as Chris giggles and introduces his all male, all white staff. "Happy Birthday, Star Citizen" they sing. The cake has 3 candles on it because its 3 years since the dream of Star Citizen and Star Citizen is just a dream.
Chris tries to blow out the candles and sprays spit all over them with a big ol' raspberry.
Chris makes two tentative cuts to the cake, asking the whole time how you cut cake and apologising like a man who has never seen a cake nor indeed a knife before.
Chris gives up immediately, nobody is getting any cake because he just can't figure this out, he tells the techies to cut the cake but then decides against it and announces the show is over.

I now know why I was put here on this earth, it was to make the longest post about Star Citizen nobody will ever want to read.

I'm not a big fan of copy/posting but am abit sick Sneeze today and am not up to fighting the battle.
157. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 18, 2015, 16:47 Kosumo
The game hasn't been released yet and there has been no marketing campaign

No marketing? Really? Why then do they have a VP of marketing for the last 3-4 years.

What is the point of Hollywood actors when you have a straight to VHS director Wacko
87. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 17:33 Kosumo
Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 17:24:
And that's why no one in the industry who knows Roberts and his track record would give him dime one from the start.

Derek did, he gave him $250.

What does that say about Derek
News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2015, 22:01 Kosumo
I just read it for the Ads  
News Comments > Rocket League DLC
2. Re: Rocket League DLC Oct 13, 2015, 21:57 Kosumo
Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 20:56:
How are those who are playing still enjoying this?

Could you be more clear, what do you really mean?

I still play this, played just a hour ago. I get a lot of enjoyment out of scoring goals and saving them. I play 3v3 games and when you can get togeather even(ish) teams that are happy with rematches for 4 or 5 games in a row its great fun.

It's also very frustrating in a fun way when you make mistakes.

It's an easy to understand simple game that has a good amount of skill to work on, fast paced adrenalin rushes. Easy to get into a game at anytime and runs find on most hardware (cross platform play aswell). Network is smooth as. Good local co-op as well. I even enjoy the music which is not really the kind of music I normal get into. Nice short games as well, about 6 to ten mins max.

All the DLC is cosmetic.

What's your problem with it? The concept?

Did I answer your question?
News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
221. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 18:43 Kosumo
To agree with what Peeeling is saying, I would have thought that you would 'white box'/make a simple interal version of the spaceflight and combat before you start investing all those man hours into making 'fidelity' ships. (let alone sell concepts for ships of which they really have no idea about how they will work in a game that they still don't seem to have any idea about how the 'flight model' will work)*

That AC 2.0/miniverise demo they showed looked like the ships handled like a camera in a 3d engine. No momentum or innertion for that large multi man ship (connie?) 42.00 mins in video - or is that just me?

This lack of making a work lo-fi version of gameplay to me explains why they have failed on Star Marine - Chris cared to much about the 1st/3rd person animation that they could not get a mock up going and work on the gameplay. 45mins to 46mins is the fps part? That totally suck huge donkey balls - it's a fps which have been around for years, in a fps engine and it had nothing, not even on level with early 2000 fps - at this stage? Have they not been working on this part for over a year? (oh, that's right, it's all illfonics fault) It's not even at Quake 2 level yet! (well maybe just)

To much effort on the fidelity, not giving the gameplay a chance to be developed. I feel they have this backwards.

*did I not see that in the upcoming patch to something that there was now gonna be 4 diffent settings of 'flight mode'
News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
217. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 18:16 Kosumo
Krovven talking about 'comprehension' is funny when he then states this -

Your ethics state that it's not okay to have a wife work at the same company as her husband (not illegal), but it's okay to harass (illegal) the company, it's employees and their families.

I never said that or anything like that but he lacks comprehension. I only ever said it should/would be best to disclose this openly so as to avoid the bad publicity that it could lead too.

To quote myself -

Well It think they should have, it would have been the open, transperant way to go about it. To not do it only make it look deceptive.

Also this from Krovven -

I don't know how many times this needs to be stated...they are not a public company. Just because the game is crowd sourced, does not make them a public company. It does not make anyone share holders in the company. It does not give them vote rights on company standards and practices. People gave them money based on promises. Promises that everyone knew full well may or may not come to fruition.

Which I take is his rant in reply to me saying -

To quote Krovven - "Private company. They do not owe anyone any explanation as to who they hire."

Completely true but to rebut what you said I would say that it's very bad public relations for such a public company. If you don't agree that's fine.

Using read comprehension, I would have thought that it was ovious that I was talking about them being in the media and the likes, not that they where owned by the public. Is that just me or did he take that the wrong way?

Kudos to theyarecomingforyou for his run down and pictures of Citizencon.
2484 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo