Total Posts
2662 (Senior)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

2662 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    134  ] Older

Re: Star Citizen Drama
Sep 19, 2020, 14:38
Re: Star Citizen Drama Sep 19, 2020, 14:38
Sep 19, 2020, 14:38

Razumen wrote on Sep 18, 2020, 20:43:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 18, 2020, 12:26:
Razumen wrote on Sep 18, 2020, 11:13:
Honestly no one knows, not even you, how much time they spend optimizing, or how inneficient their pipeline is, it's just one more made up hypothetical so you can complain about it.
I'm in Evocati and get access to new releases 1-2 months prior to it going to PTU and Live. Plus we can expect there is a level of optimisation prior to this.

There are so few features being added each release that there really isn't any need for the frequency of patches we're seeing. If CIG halved the number of feature releases each year and spent the same amount of time optimising patches it would halve the amount of time spent optimising the game, time which could be used on other aspects of development. We also know that every time there is a branch from the game dev channel that any fixes and optimisations need to be merged back, which is also time consuming and a real problem when those merges are taking place around the time the next patch is being branched.

Yeah. okay, you're a glorified early playtester, you don't have anymore real info into their dev process than anyone else.

Optimization is going to need to happen regardless, devs need to run and playtest the game as well. And even if there was no public release, fixes and optimization would need to be merged into working releases for them to test internally as well. Very little would change.

Yes it would. For starters they could be doing their internal play testing with true white box level graphics, and making sure they get their systems and gameplay feels right before putting in all the effort polishing them to a release level - only for them to then redo them all again in two years.

Some released internet spaceships have been redone nearly half a dozen times to that level, and they are now all supposedly having their cockpits redone again.

Same with the flight model - it's been changed so many times and is still not finished, and each time they have done all that work on all the in alpha demo ships instead of working it out correctly very early (IT'S A FUCKING SPACESHIP GAME FOR FUCK SAKE!!) on a few ships of different sizes in a white box state and getting it right so then they would know how the base tenet of the project feels, and then design around that.

Chris Roberts Star Citizen is a poorly designed game, with no consistent and coherent design document - just Chris dream.txt (Death of a Spaceman is lame as and is not even anywhere near being in the early alpha, just like his 'room' system post.). That has been very poorly managed and by Chris' own words is very much past the point of being stale.

Chris is so out of his depth it would take James Cameron to use his best submarine to even stand a chance of rescuing him.

What Chris has succeeded in doing is undeservedly enriching himself, his friends and family with money from his backers buy selling things that don't, and will not ever exist.

Chris Roberts is a scummy conman.

Sep 16, 2020, 03:33
Re: Star Citizen Drama Sep 16, 2020, 03:33
Sep 16, 2020, 03:33

Razumen wrote on Sep 16, 2020, 03:20:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 16, 2020, 03:15:
NMS was terrible when it came out. But it got kind of polished and fixed. There is "kind of" a story and even a gameplay loop there. But I agree it's very barebones and not for everyone.

However, and this is a pretty big however. No Man's Sky was actually RELEASED. It is a game. Not a tech/demo. There is literally TONS to do in it even if most of it is not to my liking. None of these things is true for Star Citizen. Star Citizen is a bag full of broken promises and outright lies. It is a despicable showcase on how to run a great idea into the ground, and how to fleece a ton of gullible people into giving you a ton of cash, for a bunch of lies and bullshit.

Star Citizen will NEVER see the light of day, it will always be in perpetual Alpha and nowhere near even close to the scope of what was ORIGINALLY pitched. So yeah, if you believe otherwise you are a poor, naive and gullible fool. Sorry.

It's ok, show me on the doll where Chris touched you.

What a lame response.

Sep 15, 2020, 19:21
Re: Star Citizen Drama Sep 15, 2020, 19:21
Sep 15, 2020, 19:21

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 15, 2020, 19:05:
Razumen wrote on Sep 15, 2020, 19:04:
But they really haven't added new ways to play the game, it's all based on old gameplay loops, and all the flaws that come with them.
And what new gameplay is SC planning to offer?

All of the new, best gameplay!

Sep 15, 2020, 03:08
Re: Star Citizen Drama Sep 15, 2020, 03:08
Sep 15, 2020, 03:08

Chris Roberts, scummy man.

Sep 14, 2020, 16:38
Re: Star Citizen Drama Sep 14, 2020, 16:38
Sep 14, 2020, 16:38

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 14, 2020, 16:32:
*Sits back, invests in popcorn corporations.*

No, you need proper Star Citizen Popcorn - I have some concept jpegs I could sell you if you want?

Like this, Popcorn but with more fidelity.

Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event
Sep 14, 2020, 03:43
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 14, 2020, 03:43
Sep 14, 2020, 03:43

jdreyer wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 17:37:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 06:10:
Chris Roberts - pathological liar.
I don't know if that's fair, but he certainly suffers from Peter Molyneux Syndrome.

Nah, I don't think so.

Chris has out right said thing that he knows to be untrue.

Out side of what he thinks the world of Star Citizen to be, he has knowing lied many time and in many different way just to get more money.

Sep 13, 2020, 06:10
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 13, 2020, 06:10
Sep 13, 2020, 06:10

Chris Roberts - pathological liar.

Sep 13, 2020, 00:30
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 13, 2020, 00:30
Sep 13, 2020, 00:30

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 08:12:
He's posted again. Something strange is going on. Now he's promising the game won't take 10-20 years. Bold promise.

"I can promise you the gameplay I described is not a pipe dream, nor will it take 10 to 20 years to deliver. I described systems we either have working, or are working on; we've even shown early versions of some of this like fire on Inside Star Citizen. I can't promise you exactly what quarter it will come together but once the new Road Map web work is done you'll be able to see the teams progress to achieving what I describe in real time."

That is not Chris Roberts.

Sep 12, 2020, 07:02
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 12, 2020, 07:02
Sep 12, 2020, 07:02

Wow.

Crazy man.

Sep 11, 2020, 04:45
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 11, 2020, 04:45
Sep 11, 2020, 04:45

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 11, 2020, 03:42:

The concept of a unified first/third person camera is fine. CIG has even demonstrated it running smoothly here. The issue is that performance and the netcode currently are appalling, so it doesn't play smoothly.

But the reality is that the game has never played like that demo - which it shows no reason why you would do your first person camera like that as apposed to how games where already handling the player camera. Chris just wasted time and (other peoples) money due to his lack of experance with modern gaming and game design.

Have you ever played a game of Star Marine that was anywhere close to that video? Bet you haven't, bet no one has due to next to no one playing Star Marine - even after Chris wasted just about $2 million dollars of backers money contracting out Star Marine to IllFonic to make it, which CIG then mismanaged it by not insuring that IllFonic was on the same page when it came to the scale of the assets and props.

That video is bullshit.

The video you should have paid attention to is the one where Chris attemps to play Star Citizen and its apparent that he has no idea what he is doing ..... yet this is his dream game?

As you know, CIG has had plenty of videos of demos that really mislead people to what the current state of the game is like.

Where is the Sandworm*? Same place as Chris and Sandi - no where to be seen. It was lies.

The concept of a unified first/third person camera had already been done - Arma 2/3 - and while it worked, it also was remarked upon for being clunky and being a major quality of life issue that held back new players enjoyment of the games.

Why would you sell over 100 pieces of high price micro/macro transactions, may of which are still just a concept, when you are only bearly in an Alpha state? They sold "land claims" for fuck sake - what the fuck do "land claims" even mean and how do they work? Can you get LTI on land claims? That was 2017, they have never been talked about again.

It's just totally a scam.

*Another great original idea form Chris Roberts, totally not stolen from any other sci-fi property.

Sep 11, 2020, 00:01
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 11, 2020, 00:01
Sep 11, 2020, 00:01

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 22:48:
grudgebearer wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 10:46:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 03:54:
I backed the Kickstarter back in 2020 with a $35 pledge. It seemed like an interesting concept and there was nothing else like it at the time. As the game progressed and Arena Commander was released I pledged more because I liked the progress. Things went south in 2015 when CIG struggled to release Star Marine and refused to communicate with backers. That continued in 2016 when CIG demoed Alpha 3.0 as if it was close to release, then it was released in 2017 with a fraction of the features promised.

Do I regret the money I've put in? No, as I knew it was a gamble from the start. I've always accepted the project might not go anywhere but was hopeful it would be something decent. It also helped inspire other games like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky and Star Wars Squadrons. Do I have respect for Chris Roberts now? No. The disdain he has shown for backers isn't acceptable and he has abandoned the open development that was originally promised.

Right now the whole thing is a Ponzi scheme. Chris Roberts is using money from Star Citizen backers to fund Squadron 42, even though more than 90% of funding is from Star Citizen. New ships are constantly being sold so that CIG can honour all the previous ships that are still outstanding.

LOL...

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 10:25:
Of course the game is intended to make money but I disagree that making money is the only goal. I sincerely believe that Chris Roberts is making this game because of his passion, not because of money.

As I said, I don't like the funding model but am rational enough to accept it was a necessary evil. You're free to disagree. If you don't want to back the game then don't.

I don't think TACFY is off base. I think CR truly believes in this world and this game, while at the same time sucking gobs of cash which he "deserves" for putting out the original concept and KS in the first place. The problem is that CR has great ideas, but no business or managerial sense. He doesn't know how to get his concepts into a finished state. He should have taken a back seat years ago as a "Creative director" and let others manage the scope and project timeline.

At the very least, they had better get SQ 42 out the door, and get the PU into a releasable beta state in the next couple of years, or there's going to be trouble. At the very least a class action lawsuit, possibly even a criminal investigation.

Nah, Chris Roberts wants to make films but he is useless at that too and got sued then kicked out of Hollywood.

This was because he had nothing else to do but be a sport cars rental agent and this might have worked out for him ..... but the problem was twofold - First, it rasied way to much money to quickly and secondly, Chris Roberts himself.

I don't agree that Chris Roberts has great ideas either. Look at some of his idea that they have used in Star Citizen - The first person camera being in the models eyes - it was fucked, they then spent ages making a system to stop it shaking all over the place and making people sick. Have you seen the system for having to eat and drink in Star Citizen? Nothing fun or good about it. It's pointless and hinders the gameplay.

Chris Robert fails at everything apart from being a scummy cult leader.

Sep 10, 2020, 04:40
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 10, 2020, 04:40
Sep 10, 2020, 04:40

theyarecomingforyou wrote:
It also helped inspire other games like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky and Star Wars Squadrons

Ok, you tell yourself that if it helps you feel better.

None of those game took any inspirations from Chris Roberts; Chris Roberts has done nothing but take money out of the PC space games market.

Sep 10, 2020, 01:28
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 10, 2020, 01:28
Sep 10, 2020, 01:28

Right now, Chris Roberts is using backers money to clean bits of white powder off of a mirror while watching the new Dune trailer and asking why they have stolen his sandiworm from his citizenconned "gameplay" demo.

I mean, that was an original Chris Roberts idea right?

And that demo represented the game play right?

It not like it was just faked to get money out of gullible nerds?

Sep 9, 2020, 16:14
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 9, 2020, 16:14
Sep 9, 2020, 16:14

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 12:31:
Dacron wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 11:02:
Think I read about this game once, worth a try?
Right now? No. Performance is worse than in previous releases, which was poor to start with. It's also missing any gameplay loops that would make it worthwhile.

What's concerning right now is that Chris Roberts and his wife Sandi Gardiner (the Vice President of Marketing) have completely disappeared from the project and anyone mentioning that on Spectrum (the official forum) is getting warned or banned. Development has pretty much ground to a halt and the current roadmap has been abandoned, with the replacement delayed since March this year (despite being "imminent").

Funding has hit record levels this year yet we know less about the project than ever. Either CIG is hiding things for a big reveal (something it frequently does) or something more significant is up (engine change, Chris Roberts has left the project, etc). There is a noticeable shift in the community and critical voices are starting to dominate, which is not something we've seen before.

What's happened is you have been conned by a con man.

He has lied and taken advantage of you.

He never was capable of doing the things that he promised he was going to do.

He did not even have a solid plan/design document.

Instead he just doubled down on ill place nostalgia and accidentally created a cult following which emboldened his dreams - which is to be a big shot in Hollywood.

He raced out and used your money, not his (cos he had none) to play director with Hollywood actors and his "not wife" as soon as he could. When was that, like two years into the project? Of which I would bet nearly none of it is useable or relevant today except for Sandi to put in her twitter feeds and imdb page.

He has then gone on to sell share in this company, which was made with backers money, to enrich himself - still without delivering on the promises he made to get the backs money to start with.

Chris Roberts and Sandi "not his wife" Gardiner are scummy lies that took advantage of you and many others.

I ask people to take this opportunity to try the free fly trial and make up the own minds about whether this is a project that shows over 350 million dollars worth of work.

Selling jpegs of concepts of spaceships, land claims, tanks and other stuff for hundreds of dollars and then not even delivering on that stuff is basically criminal.

It's not microtransactions, that the big publishers get given shit for all the time, it's straight out exploitation.

In summary, Chris Roberts needs to be found and held accountable.

No subject
Sep 3, 2020, 22:30
No subject Sep 3, 2020, 22:30
Sep 3, 2020, 22:30

Welcome ..... Be kind .... Have fun

Re: Rocksteady's Suicide Squad Game Confirmed
Aug 7, 2020, 20:04
Re: Rocksteady's Suicide Squad Game Confirmed Aug 7, 2020, 20:04
Aug 7, 2020, 20:04

I always thought that Rocksteady could have done a great 'Eastman and Laird comic book' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game with co-op using their Arkham style combat.

This could be ok.

Re: New Star Citizen Alpha
Aug 7, 2020, 17:08
Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Aug 7, 2020, 17:08
Aug 7, 2020, 17:08

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 7, 2020, 04:04:
CIG can't even produce a video that makes a new release look compelling. All the major features were delayed from the patch and what was left in was still massively delayed and underwhelming. The framerate is worse than ever, which is impressive when it has never performed well.

Chris Roberts does not know what he is doing. He has no idea.

Re: Outage Update
Aug 5, 2020, 18:03
Re: Outage Update Aug 5, 2020, 18:03
Aug 5, 2020, 18:03

Neutronbeam wrote on Aug 5, 2020, 17:53:
No veo problem El Presidente, just be safe and well!

Thanks

Re: Outage
Aug 4, 2020, 20:45
Re: Outage Aug 4, 2020, 20:45
Aug 4, 2020, 20:45

Neutronbeam wrote on Aug 4, 2020, 20:32:
Y'all just be safe El President!

I'm prepared to be the new El President for life if Blue does not post again in the next two hours.

Re: Star Citizen/Squadron 42 and Roadmap Update
Jul 31, 2020, 00:37
Re: Star Citizen/Squadron 42 and Roadmap Update Jul 31, 2020, 00:37
Jul 31, 2020, 00:37

Prez wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 20:54:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 16:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 16:06:
We're only at 50 comments. Do we need to invoke DS for this thread?
Well, it is kind of hard to say anything which hasn't already been said about it... either pro or con.

who again?

Eric Plark?
2662 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    134  ] Older