Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2590 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans
12. Re: Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans Aug 19, 2019, 18:26 Kosumo

So the Neither will be just a glowing orange hell now?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans
19. Re: Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans Aug 4, 2019, 18:32 Kosumo

Drayth wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 16:25:
Quinn wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 15:46:
Yet you somehow like it. That ridiculous game has become a bad religion.

Yep, it scratches an ArmA in space type gameplay for me.

Please, Chris Roberts and Star Citizen are the most exploitative project in gaming by a long shot.

For that missile truck in that video - CIG would have you pay them the equivalent to what you would pay for a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 AND a copy of Cyberpunk 2077 --- $120 and that does not include the game* Star Citizen either.

*'Game' is a badly made pre-alpha tech demo that is only good for taking screen shots.

News Comments > No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month
14. Re: No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month Aug 2, 2019, 18:02 Kosumo

I'm sure that Christ Roberts' Star Citizen will be much better than this.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
44. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 2, 2019, 02:51 Kosumo

Derek Smart is not real.

Christ Roberts, saviour of P.C. gaming.

These truths have been said.

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
67. Re: Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem Apr 22, 2019, 17:20 Kosumo

So that is Chris view on NMS and Anthem - gamers had too high an expectations after paying ~$60 for the games.

So Chris, if people have paid hundreds and hundreds of dollars for DLC for an unreleased game, can they have high expectations that they will receive value for that money? What should their expectations be?

Chris, why are you selling stuff that you are unsure of if you can make it work flawlessly? Are you just going to say that if people are not happy with you product, that they should not have wanted so much?

News Comments > CIG on RTX and Star Citizen
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 18, 2019, 01:44 Kosumo

Guys, you are all missing the point what is important is that more people give Chris Roberts money.

Also, I don't know if RTX will help to make Sandi Gardiner a Hollywood actresses or not and that is an important part of Star Citizen/SQ42

News Comments > Star Citizen Spending $4M Per Month
9. Re: Star Citizen Spending $4M Per Month Jan 23, 2019, 21:52 Kosumo

Chris Roberts does not need to disappear to South American hookers, he is married to Sandi "Mae Demming" Gardiner.

You know, that women who was about during the kickstarter, but was not 'maybe' Chris Roberts wife despite Derek Smart saying she was.

No deception at all ... this is all normal.

ITS A SCAM.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M
14. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M Dec 2, 2018, 19:28 Kosumo

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 19:17:
Kosumo wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 19:11:
I don't really think it should be called 'crowdfunded' due to ...
But it is crowdfunded. So that is the proper term to use.

I disagree.

It was crowdfunded up to around $6-8 million dollars, then more "pledge" items where introduced. At that point, they where pre-selling stuff.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M
12. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M Dec 2, 2018, 19:11 Kosumo

Hey Blue, I don't really think it should be called 'crowdfunded' due to the fact that the bulk - $200 million plus - is actually from people buying internet spaceships and other DLC, some of which people are really only pre-ordering concepts of still to be made DLC for and unfinished game that is still in pre-alpha.

Then Chris Roberts takes this money and wastes it.

Chris Roberts is a very scummy liar.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 20:10 Kosumo

Hanneth wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 19:10:
Duke Nukem Forever was in development for 15 years.

GTA V was scheduled to come out on PS3/Xbox and PC in 2012. It took a full extra year for just the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to come out. Boy were they buggy! The PC version finally came in 2015. We even got the PS4 and Xbox One versions in 2014. This was a development group of 1000 people.

CIG just reached 400 employees. They had 300 last year.
Are they late on SQ42? Yes. Are they late on Star Citizen? Yes.
Are they giving us much more than they originally scoped for? Yes.
Originally we were going to get a Wing Commander 2 type deal and a Freelancer multiplayer. What we are getting is a Wing Commander III and what Chris imagined Freelancer 2 would be like.

They better get SQ42 out next year! As for Star Citizen, I'm already having more fun playing it than many so called finished games.

FROM THE PAST

Re: Star Citizen Schedule
Feb 7, 2014, 03:12
Hanneth

I was at work, so I did not grab the latest version, but it hasn't really changed. Yes, dogfighting is late and I wanted to honestly show that, so I mentioned they missed that original target and left the original target date to show that. They have not shifted any of their other targets, so I saw no reason not to publish the old version as is.

The early previews were made to help get corporate backing to supplement the full cost of making the game. They have now made enough money crowd funding to not need the corporate backing at all.

Chris Roberts has stated that a lot of the preview assets were being developed for the final Squadron 42 game. Specifically the carrier was being designed to eventually turn into the final product. Only the rooms that were finished were shown in the preview, there was still a lot of work to do. With the upgrades to the Star Citizen ships, the carrier likely has seen some tweaking. Also all footage was fully working in game. Some of the assets were purchased to fill in what they hadn't developed yet. I think the enemy was purchased assets just to have something. The preview was an early version of what will be the final game showing assets and tech that was already working.

As for development of Squadron 42, yes, putting the story in the game engine was just started in December. Writing of the story started before that, and so did the asset creation. The asset creation started about 2 years ago and was the first thing they started working on. Are they modifying the story, yes, I think 2 of the stretch goals extended the scope, but while getting the story in game is a lot of work, it is only part of a larger piece of work that they are well into. Why haven't we seen more? According to their weekly show, they want something to be a surprise, and that is Squadron 42. They have said a few times last year that they were in active development of assets for Squadron 42.

Yes, there will be a full release of Squadron 42. The early backers will get the story in beta episodes as each segment is mostly polished, but after the last episode they will do a final coat of polish which will be the full release. The final beta episode they are targeting for December 2014, final release January/February 2015. Chris admitted that December might be a little too ambitious for all the episodes to be done, but that is their current target. I think they were looking at September/Early October for the first episode.

This information is spread all over the place, but The Hull Truth and Wingman's Hanger are really good resources that pull a lot of this information together.

The Hull Truth
http://www.youtube.com/show/thehulltruth

Wingman's Hanger
http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceIn

Re: Star Citizen Schedule
Feb 7, 2014, 17:07
Kosumo

Poster #53 is totally swimming in the cool-aid, he's splashing it all about the place!

Both those names; The Hull Truth and Wingman's Hanger, make me think cult (less so Wingman's Hanger) or TV evanglist. You should look with a lot of skepticsism at anything with Truth in it's title.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
57. Re: Star Citizen Passes $200M Nov 21, 2018, 18:56 Kosumo

I want it for my Smart phone  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2018, 18:37 Kosumo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 12:22:
Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro won't be sold in the US.

It's probably for the best. People shouldn't by Chinese phones anyway.

Um, could you explain that?

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted
17. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted Oct 20, 2018, 20:47 Kosumo

Hahahah, to funny.

Now CIG, here is some more money.

News Comments > Rocksteady's "Highly Anticipated Upcoming AAA Title"
8. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 22:53 Kosumo

After the Arkham games, I always thought it would be good to see them do a co-op Ninja Turtles game. The Arkham fighting style would have been a easy fit for it I thought.  

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
134. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 21, 2018, 06:34 Kosumo

Choobeastia wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 01:23:
So far as his legal analysis, it seems more likely that he sends things to his team of lawyers to make sure that he isn't opening himself up for a lawsuit, than that they are giving him in depth analysis of legal documents having to do with third parties. And he never made a distinction that they were specifically providing a service to analyze the CIG/Crytek documents, just to analyze what he was posting.

This totally.

Derek is not getting them to give legal opinion on this, they are just looking at his post to make sure he cant be sued over it.

Derek opinion is just an opinion . back up by nothing more than most other ones.

Some of the things he says are good points but just as many are his stupid ramblings.

Kxmode, get past Derek.

120. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 20:36 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 20:03:
Please watch this video from 2015 with Sandi Gardiner, who was brought to tears by the campaign of harassment that Derek unleashed on her. Look at the emotional impact his actions have on other people. I spoke to Sandi shortly after that speech about Derek and she gave me an insight into his campaign of hate against her, her family and CIG. I will always stand up to bullies like Derek. I have no interest in being respectful towards Derek Smart when his hateful actions have had a devastating personal impact on those targeted, nor those that would try to legitimise him. I absolutely will call you out on your bullshit.

HAHHAHAH Brainwashed.

Sandi Gardiner is a liar. She is married to Chris Roberts, also a liar. Their children where in the kickstarter video not due to Derek Smart, but because they put them there.

Derek Smart pointed this out, both that they where married and that their children where in the kickstarter video to show this.

Their children, at a very young age (they did not do it, one of their perents did) had imdb pages (which are open to public viewing) to which Derek pointed.

Meanwhile, Chris Roberts decided to change the fact that at the time he started the kickstarter and his in house public crowd funding (by selling internet spaceships not 'pleadges to a vision') that he was now not going to follow up on his "pledge" he made and if he had not completed the release of the project by a set time (?November 2015?) he would release the finances of the kickstarter and where the money has been spend.

No, Chris lied, and then changed the Terms Of Conditions.

Do you not want the lawsuit to show 'discovery' of where the money, which has come from backers has been spend what do they have to hide?

No Publisher wanted to work with Chris Roberts because he is a game design/project manager failure. He dose not know what he is doing.

65. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 22:47 Kosumo

Pay hundreds of dollars to have internet spaceships with swimming pools in them!

Yep, you can, just $100's of dollars.

What a clown show.

55. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 19:24 Kosumo

Honest Chris Roberts, Game Desginer  

8. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 21:17 Kosumo

Got to say, that Derek Smart link is classic Warlord funny as.  

2. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 19:54 Kosumo

The lying Chris Roberts is going to space court.  

2590 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo