Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2525 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
7. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 05:10 Kosumo

This is the one game that makes me think Chris Roberts anit that bad (they took in as much money as Star Citizen at the time and delievied sweet fuck all as well) .... but he is.

(I have played this and it has got better but they so missed their boat)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 19:39 Kosumo

fishingtime wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 14:59:
its an awful game from an awful company. a once great franchise has been ruined due to corporate greed

Nice post, full of information, easy to understand your point, you out lined the issues well.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
52. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 04:33 Kosumo

Hey guys, guess who wrote this -
“The more funds we can raise in the pre-launch phase, the more we can invest in additional content (more ships, characters etc.) and perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later.”
- written in September 2013

Or this from October 2012 -
"We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale."

Any guesses who it was?

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan
47. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 20, 2017, 06:54 Kosumo

What about their installer/patcher software .... still patching the whole 30 gigs at a time while taking out your whole internet.

That's amateur (well even amateurs can do better) and it has been that way for years and years .. wtf .. indie devs do better software.

That's how much Chris Roberts respects his backers. Waste their bandwidth and their money cos the funds they have put in are now being wasted on CIG having to pay for all the bandwidth too.

Development Hell? Not really fair to Satan, I'm sure he runs that place way better than Chris runs CIG

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer
6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 22:05 Kosumo

How bad are the faces during the love making parts of the game, cos during my real life love making I've seen all kind of faces that I thought where strange (but never really the ME:A dead eye stare - maybe some drunking version but there was still life there!)  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
15. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 20:54 Kosumo

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 19:46:
Where have all our heroes gone? Roberts, Molyneaux, Garriott, Carmack

I think about the only ones left are Sid Meir and Will Wright. I'll have to dig out my copy of PC Gamer's 'Game Gods' issue from the 90's and see who else was on there...like Jon Romero. I guess we can thank the heavens above we still have Derek Smart, eh? Wacko

=-Rigs-=

The Houser Brother are still going strong.

It's just the Chris Roberts crowd that don't know what they are doing.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
5. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial Mar 4, 2017, 16:32 Kosumo

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 14:38:
What a fraud.

What a surprise, Chris Roberts mate.

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2017, 21:57 Kosumo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 19:09:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 18:47:
I'm wondering what other games that engine might be good for. It's a pretty unique implementation for a game with unique requirements.

Off hand, there could be an RTS game that lets players settle colonies in different systems and engage in diplomacy with aliens with dialog, force, or a hybrid of both, and also the ability to created factions with allies. The gameplay would be a third person (macro view for empire building) or first person (micro view for exploration and communications). A combination of 4X, Homeworld, and Star Citizen with a bit of Mass Effect thrown in.

That's the kind of dreaming/thinking that got you to give Chris Roberts hundreds, if not a thousand dollars to start with.

The engine is shit, they have fucked it up with no idea what they are really doing.

All this is now is a project to keep Chris and his wife employed earning way more money that they are worth.

They are deceptive cunts, using other people to enrich themselves with no care to those who give/gave them the money.

This article is about how bad the netcode for (at lest) Star Marine is. I said years ago when people here where saying that CIG would make the netcode better that they where full of shit. They have said again and again that they are 'refactoring' the netcode only for it to get worst.

Chris Roberts is a scummy asshole who is using other peoples money to pretending to be a big shot movie director/game designer.

Fools where taken in from day one, some have final seen the truth and got refunds.

This whole project is bulit on lies.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2017, 16:41 Kosumo

LOL at how shit there download clinet is still after all this time.

Still no delta patching (early 2000 tech) so it's a total re download each time.

And while it is doing that it tank your whole internet, not even allowing you to do most other task.

Then it often does not finish the download with just a few megs to go.

What a bunch of clowns.

News Comments > Hellion Early Access
3. Re: Hellion Early Access Feb 25, 2017, 18:46 Kosumo

Why would I spend money on this where for just 7 times the amount I could buy a concept jpeg of an internet spaceship for the BDSSE, Chris Robert's Star Citizen?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 24, 2017, 16:22 Kosumo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 14:17:
Speaking of moving, I heard back from my realtor this morning and it looks like I got my dream West Village apartment. The landlord has approved my application and the listing agent is just running a credit check to confirm that what I described of my credit history is accurate, which it is. Once that comes back positive, it'll be time to sign the lease and wire the move-in payment (which with brokerage fees made my jaw drop a little, but hey, this is Manhattan). My new place is near the intersection of Hudson St and Bleecker St, which puts me just a few blocks north of Beamer. Grab a beer in a few weeks?

Congrats Allthumbsup

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: Saturday Patches Feb 19, 2017, 13:24 Kosumo

I was away working otherwise I would be here pooing on this scam.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 06:15 Kosumo

I hear the new resident evil game (I've never played any of them) is both a good game and work pretty well in VR  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 1, 2017, 16:14 Kosumo

This is a good watch, it wont make you his bitch though.  

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
27. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 30, 2017, 02:44 Kosumo

Dacote wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 19:51:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 15:56:
People really need to learn what Kickstarter is. When you back a Kickstarter, you shouldn't treat it like pre-ordering a product or making an investment. Instead, you are essentially donating money to an idea. That's it. It's better to think of it like Patreon. If the idea comes to fruition, that's great but there are no guarantees. If you back a Kickstarter and expect that the release date and stretch goals are part of an ironclad contract, you've already missed the point.

People also need to learn how game development works. It isn't an exact science. Ideas that sound good on paper may not work so well in practice. Iteration leads to better games and during the process, things will be changed or cut for the better of the product as a whole. If you can't accept this, you shouldn't be Kickstarting games.
+1

Posting a sane logical argument here, how dare you.

I hope your Entitled Gaming Man Baby insurance is paid-up.

Coming from Jerykk, who for years was pro software piracy ..... leader of the 'I pirate it now and pay what I think it is worth when I want' brigade. i.e. let the publishers take the risk, steal the software, then, if I want, pay a minimal amount when and if I feel like it .... 'If I think it is worth it'

That was his logic then, is that still the right logic?

I like Jerykk, smart guy, has interesting views on gaming and games but please, lets not 'forget' about the years and years he justified software piracy.

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
3. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 25, 2017, 21:33 Kosumo

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 19:47:
The man is apparently worth $250 million dollars and he's won't fund the goddamned thing properly himself? And what's the point? You already know it back to front! Jesus, I can recite most of the movie by heart. One of my most common expressions I've always used IRL since I first saw the movie as a teenager and a situation is FUBAR is, "Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamned right." That or Chef's "I just wanted to learn to fucking cook, man!"

The only reason I could possibly see doing this for is playing as Colonel Kilgore. Ok, I admit, that would be awesome.

"Well why the hell didn't you tell me that before? There aren't any good peaks in this whole, shitty country. It's all goddamn beach break."

Sounds to me like you would play day one.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 14:21 Kosumo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:09:
Had a cat as a kid, he was an inside cat. We actually tied him up when we put him out. True lap cat, would sleep in your lap for hours if you let him. Thinking about him creates a temptation to get a cat... but I'm not down for the upkeep. Yes, I realize it really isn't that much -- still more than I care to worry about being the sloth, coach potato I am..

You need at cat imho.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 14:20 Kosumo

El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 13:14:
beigemore wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 12:19:
Quboid wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:34:
I've thought about getting a GPS collar for my cat but, ironically, I'd be worried about losing it. He wears snap collars, designed to break off so he doesn't hang himself while climbing, so every few months he comes home naked - probably just the collar getting harmlessly caught on something but I don't know.

Hopefully they will be cheaper - and smaller - in a few years' time.

I just have an iPhone embedded inside my cat and use find my iPhone. It's kind of annoying connecting the USB cable to his butthole for charging, but I have hunk he's starting to b come ok with it. It's hilarious when someone calls the phone and it starts to vibrate. I will usually do that when he's about to pounce on something. Freaks him out every time lol!!

Good that you did not use one of those Galaxy 7 as an implant.

Could you have not at lest gone for the wireless charging type of phone?

Also can you rub his belly and play candy crush at the same time?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2017, 15:34 Kosumo

That headline makes Chris Roberts asshole tighten. (well, not really, his company has been sued out of exstance before)  

11. Re: Aw, Blue remembers this time. Jan 11, 2017, 17:41 Kosumo

Ant wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 14:11:
I expect a lot of computer game (present/gift)s from you guys even if I probably won't play them. Creston, I technically haven't levelled up yet. Just a few more grinding hours. [grin]

Is it one of those levels when you get to pick a new perk? If so what you going for?

I baked you this emojie Cake

2525 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo