Descending
Limit Results:

54 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

eesh...
Jun 3, 2004, 11:40
eesh... Jun 3, 2004, 11:40
Jun 3, 2004, 11:40

I'm seeing bad comments about this demo floating around already.
Anybody know what the deal is?
I've heard some people say that there are 2 versions of this game.
Something like, one is based on the movie and the other is a cereal box version?
Anyways, hopefully this isn't the bad one.

Re: No subject
May 27, 2004, 17:47
Re: No subject May 27, 2004, 17:47
May 27, 2004, 17:47

"As a PC gamer I would never dare comment on the stat of console gaming like you did, just because I do not have all the info and you should follow the same strategy."

Yeah, it's pretty obvious you don't have the info there buddy. I'll give you that.
But I do think you have a good strategy going for you.
Know nothing, say nothing, mean nothing.
And for God's sake! Please don't venture into extrapolative thought.
You look foolish.

No subject
May 27, 2004, 15:55
No subject May 27, 2004, 15:55
May 27, 2004, 15:55

As the lines between PC's and consoles continue to blur, I can't help but think PC gaming is taking it's final ride into the sunset. As much as this thought disturbs me, I can't help seeing evidence that supports it. How often do we read reviews or people's complaints about PC users getting watered down versions of games designed with consoles in mind? How many games are presently on the PC market that are no more than console after-thoughts? True Crime. Manhunt. Killswitch. And on and on... Think how pathetic the PC gaming scene would look right now w/ out these console scraps. Why was this year's E3 such an utter joke for PC fans? What new games do we have to look forward to that we didn't already know about prior to E3? F.E.A.R., Pariah, a couple others, maybe. Why did a PC LEGEND like Warren Spector a couple days ago, recommend that people just buy an X-box as opposed to the hassle of upgrading their PC? Why does it feel like ID is spending a lot of time lately working on the X-box version of Doom 3 (just an opinion)? Come to think of it, why was the Doom 3 version they showed up at E3 with an X-box one? Why did console games sell $10 billion last year while the PC scene eeked out about a tenth of that- $1.2 billion?

I think that PC gaming has had it's hey-day. I remember back when I thought I was cool with my Sony Playstation and a copy of Crash Bandicoot. Then I happened over to my friend's house who said, "Hey, check this game I've been playing on my computer. It's called Quake. Yeah, I'm playing against people from all around the country right now." I ran home in shame at the fact I THOUGHT I was a gamer. I had seen the light.

Back then (and even before) PC games had such a huge advantage. Better graphics, more complex gameplay potential (the keyboard), you could save where ever you wanted, you could play online... There's not too much left that you can do on a PC and not on a console anymore. Plus consoles are easier. Most people don't want the hassle of having to upgrade their machines or deal with compatibility issues.

Yep, I think PC gaming has past it's golden years. So what's the problem? What's causing these dangerous trends in the PC scene? Probably a lot of things but I think the obvious answer is money. If I was a developer today, you better believe I would be aiming at the console market. You gotta go where the $ is. I think another factor is that it's just too easy to pirate PC games nowadays. Any 10 year old with a good internet connection and a burner can build a stolen library pretty quick.

I don't know. I think the PC scene needs a couple gigantic exclusive hits to start turning things around. Maybe Half-Life 2. Maybe STALKER. Something to breathe some life into the scene and make consolers feel like I did that day I first saw my friend playing Quake in his basement.

1999, IBM Chief executive Lou Gerstner- "The PC era is over."

Dunno
May 18, 2004, 07:25
Dunno May 18, 2004, 07:25
May 18, 2004, 07:25

I may be getting old but I'm just not feeling the whole 2Fast 2Furious vibe with the NFS series.
The cars are a little ridiculous looking and it seems most of the races take place at night.
Night races have always been my least favorite in racing games.
Man, bring back those harbor town races at sunset from Porche Unleashed!
Bring back the winding, mountainous, snowy roads from Hot Pursuit, or the country roads with fall color in bloom.
To me NFS was never about realism (ESPECIALLY now with no damage etc, ugh...).
NFS was about location. I can still remember some of the courses turn for turn just thinking about them.
Underground?
I just remember a city with lots of lights flying by.

No subject
May 6, 2004, 13:23
No subject May 6, 2004, 13:23
May 6, 2004, 13:23

Exciting news they're re-doing the horrendous fighting system of the last one.
All that sensless button mashing made an extremely average experience out of a game that held much more promise.
I hope they also get a little more creative than "re-spawning sand monsters" that made for very ungratifying kills.
We'll see what they come up with.

No subject
May 6, 2004, 11:59
No subject May 6, 2004, 11:59
May 6, 2004, 11:59

Blue,
The Nosferatu - The Wrath of Malachi review is in German looks like.

Re: TNT card
Apr 28, 2004, 14:31
Re: TNT card Apr 28, 2004, 14:31
Apr 28, 2004, 14:31

Ha!
You're forgetting about this part though....

"At the same time, you can feel good about helping someone in need."

Re: Far Cry Review
Apr 22, 2004, 17:01
Re: Far Cry Review Apr 22, 2004, 17:01
Apr 22, 2004, 17:01

"Even with easy setting on, if you have 2 guys on your left, a helicopter above, a dude with a gattling gun behind you, and about 5 guys behind boxes on your right, it's kind of hard to survive with a keyboard. This really made me lower the score on this game."

It's not about preference.
It's about rating a PC fps lower for using a pretty standard PC fps control configuration.
Play a few of the PC fps titles out there right now or ask around.
You'll see I'm not making it up.
If you like using a joypad for fps' that's great.
But to say that it's impossible to play a game requiring quick reflexes with a keyboard/mouse setup- that's just ridiculous.

BTW. If you want joypad support- it's coming soon in the x-box version.

Far Cry Review
Apr 22, 2004, 13:35
Far Cry Review Apr 22, 2004, 13:35
Apr 22, 2004, 13:35

"The first thing I always do when I first start up a 3D first person shooter is look for a joypad configuration. Unfortunately, there was none. Let me just tell you, without joypad settings, I started to frown. Using a keyboard for games that require quick reflexes is like me eating brussel sprouts. Not going to happen. You might as well just stand still and let the mercenaries destroy you."

What a jack-ass...

No subject
Apr 20, 2004, 16:30
No subject Apr 20, 2004, 16:30
Apr 20, 2004, 16:30

"The change of the release date is connected with the intense co-operation with beta testers submitting many interesting comments and suggestions."

Ha ha!
That's the funniest sentence I've read in awhile.
Translation- The beta testers said we got a steaming pile on our hands here. Back to the drawing boards.

Good stuff.

Re: Something different
Apr 13, 2004, 16:35
Re: Something different Apr 13, 2004, 16:35
Apr 13, 2004, 16:35

"If my history is correct it was the specfic duty of the SS to carry out the extermination of the Jews. The regular German army knew little or nothing of Hitler's plan."

Nah... but they did know about trying to take over the world and all that good stuff.
I guess they had some roll in slaughtering 30 million Russians as well.
It's popular to take the counter-point in discussions like this but don't try to make innocent saints out of the German army either.
The Germans got bigger than their britches and got ****ing owned.
End of story.

As far as the game, I say rock and roll.
As tired a genre ww2 fps' may be, I can honestly say I've enjoyed most of the games that have been a by-product of it.
You can still achieve excellence w/out reinventing the wheel.

No subject
Apr 6, 2004, 14:42
No subject Apr 6, 2004, 14:42
Apr 6, 2004, 14:42

Got mine off Worthplaying and it doesn't open either.
Well that was an utter waste...

Re: No subject
Mar 28, 2004, 17:26
Re: No subject Mar 28, 2004, 17:26
Mar 28, 2004, 17:26

Hm...
Looking forward to some in-game footage when it's available.
Didn't get too much of an impression from this.

Eh.
Mar 14, 2004, 07:46
Eh. Mar 14, 2004, 07:46
Mar 14, 2004, 07:46

I definitely see STALKER coming out last of all the big games.
I'm guessing closer to a year from now.
The game is just more ambitious than the rest.
When they talk about things like events occuring in the game regardless of the player- that's pretty wide-opened.
Easy to say- probably extremely difficult to do (and still achieve a good game experience).
I hope they pull it off.
Definitely have the sky looking nice.

Ugh....
Mar 11, 2004, 17:02
Ugh.... Mar 11, 2004, 17:02
Mar 11, 2004, 17:02

Appologies to those who disagree, but this demo suck.
And there's no redeeming qualities that I can see other than the two gun feature.
Combos??? How retarded.
I can honestly say that I've never seen enemy movement done so badly.
That may not seem like such a big deal until you actually play the demo.
I normally don't ever post to flame a game (especially a demo version).
What's the point? You don't like it, delete it, move on.
But this demo sucks bad enough to piss me off.
What an utter waste of a fine, fine engine.
The thing I don't get is that Serious Sam came out 3 years ago and looked and played 10 times better than this piece of trash.
3 years!
You'd think there would be some improvements somewhere, anywhere?
Dunno....
To those who like it, more power to ya.

Re: Eh?
Mar 6, 2004, 23:43
Re: Eh? Mar 6, 2004, 23:43
Mar 6, 2004, 23:43

Nah.
That was Serious Sam: The Second Encounter.

Eh...
Mar 3, 2004, 22:41
Eh... Mar 3, 2004, 22:41
Mar 3, 2004, 22:41

Might wanna hold off on the rush to download.
I'm a Serious fan but this is no Serious Sam.
Eeek. After playing the Painkiller demo so much, I'm reminded how far we've come in a few short years.
These graphics suck!
Don't say you haven't been warned....

Re: Standard Generic Mediocre Game
Feb 21, 2004, 14:26
Re: Standard Generic Mediocre Game Feb 21, 2004, 14:26
Feb 21, 2004, 14:26

Much agreed.
The "This Is Spinal Tap" of game reviews.

OMG
Feb 13, 2004, 06:57
OMG Feb 13, 2004, 06:57
Feb 13, 2004, 06:57

Have you PLAYED with that gun that fires a fucking shaft of wood at your enemies?
How fun is that?
I like the thought process.
Everybody keeps trying to come up with more technologically advanced weapondry in fps', and usually it's not much of an improvement from the trusty double barrel in Doom.
These guys took a step back and said, "Hey, lets make a weapon that shoots a fucking shaft of wood with which players can use to implale baddies, pin them to walls, and stick them in the head, etc."
Great stuff.
I've had more fun with that weapon alone than all the weapons in the new UT2004 demo.
Rock and roll.

Joan of Arc's new state-of-the-art 3D gr
Jan 30, 2004, 16:31
Joan of Arc's new state-of-the-art 3D gr Jan 30, 2004, 16:31
Jan 30, 2004, 16:31

Yeah, gotta agree that the demo was pretty lame.
I was one of those whose interest was peeked a bit from the screenshots and the gameplay potential.
I just could not get past it's horrific fighting schemes and really crappy graphics.
I'll pass.

54 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older