Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 478 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Nox for Free
11. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 17:35 Ludomancer

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 14:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 12:01:
They're pulling out all stops this 4th of July weekend.
Weird. They're pulling out all the stops for the Canada Day weekend here.
Wry

ZING!!!

WORLD-CITIZEN SLAM!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2016, 12:37 Ludomancer

Original was cheap camp fun. The movie reboot was an overblown embarrassment. Wonder what this will be?

I think we can all expect the dark and gritty re-envisioning, complete with plenty of betrayal, torture, sex, violence, and sexual violence.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
12. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 15:40 Ludomancer

Technically, shouldn't an alpha version be 0.0.2.4?

I realize they want all the zero's at the end. Of their revenue. But still.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 1, 2016, 17:26 Ludomancer

yeah this is a game design concept straight out of the 90s. next theyre going to combine RTS and RPGs!  

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
16. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 17:22 Ludomancer

sometime in the last 3 years valve became the unofficial owner of gog. they were really successful in keeping it lowdown. gog should just be considered drm-free steam now. because most people have steam already, the software (steam) tracks (and takes action) with your gog libraries. its bad. i hope posting this lets some more independent, more free individuals verify it publicly.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Expansion Next Week
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Expansion Next Week May 31, 2016, 17:44 Ludomancer

this game was one of the biggest disappointments to me. i didnt realize avalanche handed the franchise to their B-team while working on Madmax, but thats what it seemed. i got a few dozen hours of mediocre distraction from this game at best. id not give them any more money if they said this was JC4.  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 30, 2016, 18:36 Ludomancer

I can't believe the guy has the balls to fling names like that in the first place, given that his reputation for train-wrecked projects is now legendary (even post-id/ion).

This is the most unsurprising KS flop in its history yet. They may as well have tried to kickstart Duke Nukem Forever 2.

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
2. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 10:40 Ludomancer

You gave them MONEY!?!?!

News Comments > Quantum Break Fix Plans
1. Re: Quantum Break Fix Plans Apr 13, 2016, 11:43 Ludomancer

I was watching a playthrough of this, and an hour into the 'game' the entire thing turns into a live action tv show, which is actually worse than the regular, non-interactive cg. Terrible.  

News Comments > Nosgoth Ending
3. Re: Nosgoth Ending Apr 8, 2016, 23:53 Ludomancer

ItBurn wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 23:03:
To me, Legacy of Kain starts and dies with Blood Omen. It's a great, dark, Zelda clone. I don't speak of the other games... old-ass CGI intro

Exactly this. Once Silicon Knights lost the franchise, and the entire thing mutated into someone else's vision, it was dead to me too.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
11. Re: Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints Apr 7, 2016, 12:36 Ludomancer

Can't it be both? Seriously. We like politics in some games, and some games we play to avoid them. The only reason this touched a nerve is the recent self-segregation of gamers over human sexuality, and that it was poorly and amateurishly implemented (super-personal information about extremely minor character is just looking for a convenient spot to drop a social statement).

There, I fixed it. Just move on already, all of you.

Darks wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 12:17:
Bludd wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 11:56:
Darks wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 10:27:
I do not understand and will never understand the need to push this kind of bullshit in games. Can't we just have games to play without all the mellow drama bullshit?

It's bad enough people have to deal with this crap in real life, the devs got busted for it and good. Serves them right for trying to play up to this crap.
Have fun living in your bubble where you can cower and hide from the realities and issues of the day.

Science fiction and fantasy literature have always been about real life issues. It's by putting the story in a setting where the trivialities and rules of the universe can be skipped to focus on telling the story, which have always - in the best sci-fi and fantasy - been about the times and people and the world and all issues therein.

Apparently it's you that's living in a bubble, most common people prefer to not deal or hear about this lame bullshit. It does not have a place in gaming where people are trying to most likely place their political views and cramming them down everyone's throats.

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off
1. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 12:17 Ludomancer

Is it free? No? Cause I'm still waiting for the rest of my $60 adventure, and I got something that felt about $0.99 worth. Nice world. Where was the game again?

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress Trailer
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress Trailer Feb 18, 2016, 16:56 Ludomancer

Bought into this on release and was so disappointed. Super entertaining if you just ignore everything, turn off the map, and roam. AAA game then. Otherwise it's just shit and distractions (from the fact you paid for it).  

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released
4. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 16, 2016, 11:02 Ludomancer

Yes, play this game if you have not, and are looking for some fantasy adventure. This game has a really unique combination of fun character builds, Shadow-of-the-Colossus-like interaction (grappling, crawling around on large enemies), amazing spell effects and great exploration. I had a lot of fun with this game on its original release, and a second time on the Dark Arisen rerelease. It's a good game.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 13, 2016, 16:47 Ludomancer

There are so many they left out. They probably could have done a '50 people who have sued the video game industry' video.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 7, 2016, 23:34 Ludomancer

Why even fucking chance it? Seriously? It's like saying "I have to put this scorpion on my dick, but I put rubber bands on it's claws and I don't *think* it can get them off."

Seriously. Why ever install Win10? Why?

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
9. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 28, 2015, 22:17 Ludomancer

Rigs wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 20:26:
No, see this right here is pure, unmitigated BULLSHIT. (You know what's bulllllshit?...been watching too much AVGN ) It should be against the fucking law to skip out on paying employees (period), especially during the holidays. That's just low...so goddamn low. That's lower than dirt. You're in mud and clay territory. These people worked the hours, now pay up! (WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?) And if not, there better be a big fucking bonus when you slimey bastards DO finally pay! You can't even begin to possibly tell me they didn't see this coming like a month or two or six in advance?! BULL-SHIT!
ARGH! God, that shit pisses me off!
=-Rigs-=

Not familiar with the game industry, are you.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Winamp Dec 20, 2015, 23:12 Ludomancer

Well, I still use Winamp daily as my sole MP3 player. I have zero interest in streaming content (unless it's one of the few webradio spots left), and I have a thing called directory-structure that functions as my library.

Someone turned me on to something called AIMP when I brought up this headline today. Haven't checked it out yet, but sounds promising.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 20, 2015, 13:07 Ludomancer

Not sure I trust a WinAMP revival. All companies want to do now a days is turn the software into spyware and distribute it for "free".

News Comments > Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed
4. Re: Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed Dec 16, 2015, 09:45 Ludomancer

Hate MGS. This dude has been talking about his departure since MGS2!!! Astounding. Hope he's got fucktons of cash from that venture to do whatever he wants afterward. This whole situation seemed really painful (from what we could tell outside of the company).  

478 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo