Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 3172 (Veteran)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2019, 15:26 wtf_man

Nullity wrote on Mar 5, 2019, 14:16:
The 6 dumbest cases against cord-cutting.
I would love to cut the cord, but the most important factor to me is being able to skip advertisements. I can't fucking STAND commercials. With a cable DVR, I timeshift everything I watch and just skip over all the commercials.

Unfortunately, most of the crap channels have 30% commercials (8+ minutes within a 30 minute show and super frequent breaks, 18 or so minutes in an hour show)... which is "a lot of skipping to do".

1. I'd rather not deal with skipping at all (Too lazy)
2. I'm not paying $70-$100 a month for commercials (skippable or not)

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2019, 13:54 wtf_man

The 6 dumbest cases against cord-cutting

Cord cut back in 2007... haven't looked back!

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 26, 2019, 10:50 wtf_man

It's gotta be some Billionaire syndrome.  

News Comments > Anthem Reviews
35. Re: Anthem Reviews Feb 22, 2019, 18:33 wtf_man

There is no Bioware. Only a shell that EA has thoroughly scooped out and thrown away.

DragonAge Origins is pretty much the last remnant of that company.

R.I.P Origin
R.I.P BullFrog
R.I.P Maxis
R.I.P Westwood
R.I.P Mythic
R.I.P Pandemic
R.I.P Phenomic
R.I.P Bioware (Although not shut down yet)

News Comments > GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Reviews
7. Re: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Reviews Feb 22, 2019, 13:04 wtf_man

Trades blows with a 1070, for $280, and has 2GB less RAM.

Still glad I got my slightly used 1070 for $230, which is factory OC'd a little.

That said, if I would have waited for a new card to upgrade from my previous GTX680... this probably would have been it (when on sale below MSRP).

1080p gaming on a 27" monitor... I have no desire to buy a new monitor nor do I feel the need to increase resolution to 1440p / 4k. I pretty much refuse to spend over $250 for a card ever again.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2019, 13:14.

News Comments > Metro Exodus Reviews
7. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 13, 2019, 20:19 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 13, 2019, 20:14:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 13, 2019, 19:40:
Oh boy, the RTX effects are horrible...

Has any of the reviews stated that? The one's I've looked at so far found RTX nice to look at. Static screens may not be a good indicator for us.

Well the screenshots on DSO gaming look horrid.

The screenshots on Tech Powerup... it's about a 50 50 shot on which ones are better.

So, RTX isn't as horrid as I originally thought, but DLSS looks like crap at a stand still.... would need to see it in motion, really.

News Comments > Metro Exodus Reviews
5. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 13, 2019, 20:10 wtf_man

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 13, 2019, 19:40:
Oh boy, the RTX effects are horrible... Why waste FPS for such an abomination? Or money.

Especially the DLSS... looks like everything is motion blurred... yuck.
And of the RTX only screenshots... there was only one indoor shot that looked better... the rest were better with RTX off.

Super glad I picked up my slightly used 1070 for $230 and didn't waste my money on this overly expensive crap.

As for the game... I'll wait until it is on GOG. I did enjoy the first two games.

News Comments > Starbreeze Sells System Shock 3 Publishing Rights Back to OtherSide
12. Re: Starbreeze Sells System Shock 3 Publishing Rights Back to OtherSide Feb 13, 2019, 13:21 wtf_man

Acleacius wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 20:17:
99% sure Spector wasn't really involved with SS2. He wasn't an employee of Irrational and only credited as an Outside Producer, iirc. Near certain Levine confirmed it in this very forum.

I never claimed he was part of SS2. He was the Producer of SS1.
Looking Glass team split up after going belly up... Ken Levine (and others) formed Irrational games and made SS2. Warren (and others) went to Ion Storm and made Deus Ex.

News Comments > Wild Terra Online Goes Free-to-Play
1. Re: Wild Terra Online Goes Free-to-Play Feb 13, 2019, 11:20 wtf_man

Between MMO burnout and a saturated market... MMO's appear to be fairly dead. At least in comparison to 10 years ago. Pretty much no way to charge a subscription in this day and age.

Of course, I have a bit of bias on that perspective since I have heavy burnout.

News Comments > Starbreeze Sells System Shock 3 Publishing Rights Back to OtherSide
8. Re: Starbreeze Sells System Shock 3 Publishing Rights Back to OtherSide Feb 12, 2019, 18:26 wtf_man

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 13:12:
Given how badly OtherSide hosed up Underworld Ascendant, I'm still quite worried about this...

Ditto.

However, Underworld Ascendant was crowd funded and poorly funded.

System Shock 3 is not crowd funded, was a $12 million dollar publishing deal, has Warren Spector and a different team working on it. We'll see if Warren has any mojo left, or if he's washed up with the other former big name developers. "Epic Mickey" and being credited on Underworld Ascendant, doesn't give me a huge amount of faith.

I think Underworld Ascendant flat ran out of money. That, and the art style was a poor choice, but I also think they did that to save money.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 8, 2019, 12:24 wtf_man

Germany just deleted Facebook.

I love it! I've always been miffed that facebook and others can track you (without countermeasures), even if you don't have an account or use their services. That definitely needs to be illegal.

Microsoft really doesn’t want you to use Internet Explorer anymore.

Well... they won't put edge on the LTSB/LTSC builds nor the Server OS's (Not that I'd use edge anyway)... so they need to make up their damn minds and not bundle IE at all on any build.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2019, 12:01 wtf_man

theglaze wrote on Feb 8, 2019, 11:10:
Are the Radeon VII, RTX 2060, RTX 2070, RTX 2080, and RTX 2080 Ti bad cards? No. The problem here is pricing.

Good. Pricing is not a constant but a variable. As we choose not to buy, the price will come down as NVIDIA/AMD have to move stock to make room for the next cards. It's a cycle. Everyone calm down.

The cycle itself isn't the complaint.

The huge price hike within the cycle is. It's abnormaly high compared to previous cycles. (Although the last generation/cycle was a big bump too... so two huge hikes in a row)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 7, 2019, 16:43 wtf_man

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 14:51:
Hrm I'd like to read that article but they block my adblock, so no luck, unfortunately .

Yeah, I ran into that too. Take back control of YOUR browser with userscripts!

Download the "Tampermonkey" extension and the REEK Anti-Adblock killer user script

Follow the instructions to integrate with your ad blocker. (I use ublock Origin)

Works great! And there's a ton of user scripts out there to enhance your browsing experience more than any one extension.

Another option is to install the "nano defender" extension and integrate with uBlock Origin. However that is limited to anti-adblocking only, and only works on two adblcockers (ublock origina dn nano adblock).

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2019, 17:35.

News Comments > Metro Exodus CGI Trailer
9. Re: Metro Exodus CGI Trailer Feb 6, 2019, 17:32 wtf_man

aka_STEVE wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 15:20:
Yep, a real shame it's running Denuvo in it & is now on Epic site.

I was really looking forward to this but I also will wait until GOG.com gets it & it has the Denuvo DRM stripped out.

I have enjoyed the first two games... but not enough to purchase at launch... so I will also wait until it is on GOG.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Band of Bastards DLC Delivered
1. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Band of Bastards DLC Delivered Feb 6, 2019, 10:45 wtf_man

Is this game patched enough yet?

I backed this on kickstarter but refused to spoil my experience with the overwhelmingly reported bugs. Plus I still have a backlog of games to play in the meantime.

News Comments > Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC
69. Re: Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash Feb 2, 2019, 20:01 wtf_man

Gas Bandit wrote on Feb 2, 2019, 13:30:
I didn't even want to install steam in the first place. I'm not installing EpicSteam or EASteam or UbiSteam or BlizzSteam on top of that. I put up with one already - the one with the most market share.

This.

GOG, and if I'm desperate because it's not on GOG or probably won't be for many years... Steam.

No more bullshit DRM launchers.

I've actually converted a huge chunk of my Steam games to GOG.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2019, 15:49 wtf_man

If these "static image ads", while I pause a video, show up on my $12 "no-ads" subscription... there will be an instant cancellation.

That said... on the lower subscription rate that plays a video ad before and after the show... yeah I rather that they do this than up the prices, or have mor vieo ads at the beginning and end of a show.

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Takes Off
3. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Takes Off Feb 1, 2019, 13:43 wtf_man

Consolitis... how unfortunate... I was seriously considering picking this one up.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 31, 2019, 12:51 wtf_man

Unforunately only the title would apply to that Chris Roberts Joke.

The article is actually about an endgadget journalist being imporsonated to write articles on endgaget (which never happen, since th guy is a fake) and spread the word about a kickstarter project for a daily fee, as a "marketing consultant".

So, it's basically somone robbing kickstarter project starters... not the pledge participants.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 30, 2019, 17:04 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 14:40:
His point went over your head entirely. The US has been a force against democracy for a very long time now. They're constantly meddling in other countries affairs. Everything from blackmail and sanctions to outright coups and assassinations and war to get their way. So it's entirely hypocritical they're complaining about finally getting - just a small taste so far - of their own medicine.

Also, "influencing" from outside entities on US elections has been going on for a long time. It's only just expanded since the Internet.

...and it's never going away.

So, take what info you get from the Media and the Internet with a HUGE grain of salt.

3172 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo