Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 3171 (Veteran)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 5, 2019, 10:24 wtf_man

Windows 10 will no longer auto install feature updates twice a year

OMG... an 18 month LTSB/LTSC instead of 10 years. LOL

And Microsft was scolding us (literally during a visit) for deploying LTSB throughout our Enterprise... trying to tell us it was only intended for "medical scanners" and such.

What a bunch of Looneys!

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
66. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 22:24 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 19:54:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 14:10:
Doesn't matter which store... I'd never give Gearbox a dime after DNF and ACM.

I hear you, but what I find funny is it seems you were (and I'm sorry to be blunt) dumb enough to buy them to begin with. What was the rush or thought process on your end there? I'm not mad at him because I didn't even sniff at those two dogs.

Never bought them / played them. Just pissed they turned out too shitty to even be worth bargain bin prices. Was looking forward to both titles at the time.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

51. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 17:25 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 14:39:
So if it's a great game, you wouldn't buy it due to past terrible games? I don't get this philosophy. More power to you, but The Witcher 3 Gearbox' name on the opening splash screen, rather than CD Projekt Red, you'd be missing a hell of a game due to two games they didn't even design. For me, I'll exercise caution, but I'm not passing up a great game just because the studio released some stinkers. Pretty much every studio has done some stinkers.

Actually has more to do with Randy's lies and Gearbox's mismanagment of those titles than "design".

Other than some Half-Life expansions 18 to 20 years ago... I think they are shit as a company and marginal as developers. I have zero interest in Brothers in Arms or Borderlands.

on another note...

Witcher 3 was awesome. Witcher 1 sucked balls (IMO). It took a lot of convincing from friends to get me to try 3. After playing 3, I don't know if I could play 2 since the consensus is that it is not as good.

33. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 14:10 wtf_man

Doesn't matter which store... I'd never give Gearbox a dime after DNF and ACM. Also, never played that "cell shaded" crap in the first place and don't plan on ever doing so.

/shrug

News Comments > Evening Interviews
19. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 23, 2019, 19:02 wtf_man

jamiedj99 wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 14:11:
if you use any social media your standing up and speaking on quicksand

I'm on pretty solid ground.

zero social media accounts.
proactively block social media widgets / marketing tracking / 3rd party frames and scripts
Run a hardened Linux as my surfing OS
Run through a non-logging VPN service.
Run a real firewall with non-loged secure DNS
All my phone apps (which I don't have many) are set not to access other apps nor work on cellular (Plan on buying a Librem 5 phone next)
Run my Windows 7 gaming machine offline except for game installations and game patch downloads.

So, yeah... I actually am proactive to keep as much privacy as possible.... short of running TOR and surfing the Dark web.

Is it fullproof?

Nope.

But my footprint is exponentially smaller than most people's and I do find value in that. Fuck Marketers! Some of the biggest scum on the planet.

/shrug

4. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 22, 2019, 19:32 wtf_man

jamiedj99 wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 19:28:
you only have to use the client to download the game then turn it off almost none of the games need it in the background. Be more informed before making such a comment.

Define "turn off".

Links Please.

3. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 22, 2019, 19:28 wtf_man

Another DRM Launcher does NOT make the industry better, from a consumer point of view.

Yes, competition is better in general, but most people are unwilling to install another data-slurping store application when one or two is suffice. (and mostly unwanted in the first place)

Compete with GOG instead of Steam... get rid of the DRM, Telemetry spyware launchers. Sick and tired of being datamined / monotized without my permission (or being forced into it, which is the same thing in my opinion)

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced
29. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 17:19 wtf_man

Irony:

Half-Life 2... Source Engine
VtM:Bloodlines... Source Engine
Valve... still running strong
Trokia... defunct

... VtM:Bloodlines2 will be out before HL3 (If ever)

Yo! Gabe! That's pretty effin' pathetic!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced
11. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 11:03 wtf_man

If it's as gritty and sexy as the original Bloodlines... I'm totally in... especially on GOG!!!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 21, 2019, 13:47 wtf_man

Notice that none of the extensions are what everyone really uses... ad blockers, script blockers, etc. They don't want to spread the word on those.  

News Comments > System Shock Video
1. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 10:53 wtf_man

Now if they only did this from the beginning... it might be close to release now.

I want!

News Comments > More Gearbox Teasing
3. Re: More Gearbox Teasing Mar 19, 2019, 12:33 wtf_man

Xero wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 11:33:
Can we get a SOLID Duke Nukem sequel? Let's forget FOREVER ever happened. In this day in age, it shouldn't be hard to make a proper shooter sequel based on something as nutty as Duke Nukem was...

I'd settle for a Black Mesa style modern remake of Duke 3D like Interceptor was going to do with "Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded" but Gearbox put the kabosh on it... which is why I dispise Gearbox to this day (along with fucking up Forever and Aliens) and won't give them a dime.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teaser Trailer
5. Re: System Shock 3 Teaser Trailer Mar 19, 2019, 12:25 wtf_man

Murray wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 11:45:
Don't get too excited - this is the same company that released the abysmal Underworld Ascendant.

Would love for this to be an amazing return to the series, but I'm really concerned about the ability of the team to deliver.

Mostly a different team and more money... but it's the Unity engine, which is scary enough.

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 12:01:
Meh, the time has come and gone for System Shock. The ideas behind the original were mostly fresh and new to the mainstream at the time of its release but now they've turned in to a trope and are somewhat passe.

Blasphemy!

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
29. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 16:49 wtf_man

Yeah... another "DRM launcher" on your machine that slurps up telemetry to yet another company, is always a good idea... especially if it is the ONLY way to purchase a particular game.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 18, 2019, 11:31 wtf_man

Only Google will be able to spy on you!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
99. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2019, 11:58 wtf_man

Condolences. It is always difficult to put a pet down, but letting them suffer is worse. 14.5 years is definitely a good long life for a dog.  

News Comments > "Spiritual Quake Successor" WRATH: Aeon of Ruin Announced
30. Re: Mar 7, 2019, 19:49 wtf_man

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 7, 2019, 16:15:
Take a look at this HD Texturepack
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/12/17/played_quake_lately

http://quakehdremix.blogspot.com

Supposedly a recent nVidia driver fixed what a previous one broke

The HD texture pack looks great.
Unforunately Wrath is still a little "pixely" if you look at the static screenshots.

Maybe somone will make an HD texture pack for Wrath, or 3DRealms / Killpixel will offer a an HD DLC.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update May Degrade Games
7. Re: Windows 10 Update May Degrade Games Mar 7, 2019, 18:32 wtf_man

MS Marketing EVERY time: "Windows <insert latest version here>... The Fastest and most secure Windows Ever!!!" Rolleyes  

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2019, 19:16 wtf_man

Nullity wrote on Mar 5, 2019, 17:02:
I do also have Amazon Prime, but that's hit or miss on whether you'll have to pay extra (in my case, whatever I'm looking for is almost always an extra charge).

Depends... Like Cable you can susbcribe to other Channels on Prime.

We order so much stuff from Amazon, that Prime pays for itself (wnd we don't buy non-prime movies or shows.)

Since I'm a gear-head... I pay $5 extra a month for the MotorTrend channel on Prime... and that covers 90%of my vieweing.

The wife... I got her Hulu too... so she watches my gear-head stuff, plus other stuff on prime and hulu (ad free).

The thing is, we go enjoy our motorsport toys on the weekends so the only time for TV really is 2-3 hours in the evenings during the work week. IF the weather is nasty, I usually play a game on the PC while she watches her crap on Prime or Hulu.

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2019, 15:26 wtf_man

Nullity wrote on Mar 5, 2019, 14:16:
The 6 dumbest cases against cord-cutting.
I would love to cut the cord, but the most important factor to me is being able to skip advertisements. I can't fucking STAND commercials. With a cable DVR, I timeshift everything I watch and just skip over all the commercials.

Unfortunately, most of the crap channels have 30% commercials (8+ minutes within a 30 minute show and super frequent breaks, 18 or so minutes in an hour show)... which is "a lot of skipping to do".

1. I'd rather not deal with skipping at all (Too lazy)
2. I'm not paying $70-$100 a month for commercials (skippable or not)

3171 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo