Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 3025 (Veteran)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 11:56 wtf_man

That all depends on ones politics.

Here's the deal. They ALL lie. They ALL have their political bias and agendas (some are more obvious than others). They ALL inject their opinions instead report the news / or both sides of the story equally.

The "truth" is always somewhere in the middle. Pretty much if you take the same story from CNN and FOX (for example), and are able to weed out the bullshit bias between the two stories... you can interpret what is fairly factual and hopefully COME TO YOUR OWN CONCLUSION, instead of being a lemming that swallows ALL of the kool-aid from one side or the other.

/shrug

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2017, 13:19 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 11:00:
Yeah except who the hell wants a $100,000+ pickup truck with one seat?

I'm not 100% sure that is only one seat (one person). It looks lit the body widens towards the back of the cab. That said... it would be reminiscent of a 1930's cab, which barely can fit 2 people on a bench seat.

Several reasons I won't buy an EV any time soon:

1. Range (although it's getting better)
2. Time to charge
3. Price
4. Uglyness (aka Prius... although that is a hybrid and I said EV)
5. Battery Materials... Extremely toxic, another limited resource, and no proper disposal.

I would have loved to seen the market go more towards Hydrogen Fuel Cells, but there are obvious issues with that as well.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

News Comments > Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans
5. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 13:53 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:16:
Don't have much to say on this topic but I try to never miss an opportunity to say Fuck EA. Specifically for killing Mythic as they have unceremoniously killed so many once-great developers. And their spite-filled insistence on continuing to exist. Fuck EA. Did I say that already?

While I mostly agree with you, remember, Mark Jacobs had a good hand in killing Mythic with Warhammer Online.

Matt Firor was the smart one to jump (the sinking)ship to Zenimax

News Comments > Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR
4. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 15:12 wtf_man

Should have been available to non-VR in the first place.

Translation: Not enough suckers out there to early-adopt VR. PLZ BUY R GAEM!

News Comments > Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium
4. Re: Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium Dec 13, 2017, 19:57 wtf_man

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:49:
Sorry Crytek but your gonna have to stand in line like the rest of the folks who crowdfunded this spruce goose.

Haaaaayyyyy... The Spruce Goose actually "flew".

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway
24. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 12, 2017, 09:46 wtf_man

Since this was on my "get one of these days on sale" list... Heck yeah I'll take a free copy!

BTW Slick, I feel the same about Origin... still haven't installed that piece of shit. I have a small handful of Ubisoft games, that started with a fricken Steam install of Uplay... so since I already have it, I'll take the game for free.

As for Origin... they just put Dragon Age Origins on GOG (Which I did buy on sale for $5, even though I already had the pre-origin steam version... I'm trying to convert as much of my collection to GOG as possible to support them.)

So, there is hope that the few EA titles I may want will end up there eventually.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 13:02 wtf_man

He says he tries to use Facebook as little as possible, and that his children “aren’t allowed to use that shit.”

Fortunately, I've never used that "shit"... and never will.

My wife on the other hand... But at least she only uses it on a very limited basis.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 30, 2017, 18:38 wtf_man

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:26:
People are going to be shocked when they add up all these streaming service bills, going to be more than the cable they ditched.

Hmm... I have Prime, MotorTrend on Demand through Prime, and Commercial Free Hulu (Recently dumped Netflix for Hulu).

I've been cord cut since 2007.
Satellite basic crap 60 channels was $75 per month with nothing but commercials.

In 10 Years of being cord cut, I've saved $50-$70 per month on TV / Movie content, gotten to view on MY schedule (including binge watching), and seen ZERO commercials (in my house).

Cord cutting pretty much is a win to me.

/shrug

News Comments > New Steam CCU Record
17. Re: New Steam CCU Record Nov 27, 2017, 19:19 wtf_man

Actually... I'm starting to re-purchase many games on GOG (when they're on sale), trying to get off of Steam as much as possible.

/shrug

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
13. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 12:03 wtf_man

wrlwnd wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 11:37:
Um.

People are free to NOT buy these games.

Duh.

The Year Of The Loot Box (The Jimquisition)

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 23:02 wtf_man

Pick on my phone reply all you want... no biggie.

We have 4 foreign developers. 2 are average, 2 are fairly brilliant. Any of them could be replaced with local talent. Just because they’re foreign doesn’t automatically make them “top talent”.

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 12:32 wtf_man

So, your assumption is that there aren’t best qualified people in our country own country?

Sorry, I don’t buy that.

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 11:12 wtf_man

What is wrong with Nationalism?

We're not talking the twisted term "white nationalists" which infers racism (again)... we're talking regular plain old nationalism.

Wikipedia definition (1st paragraph):

Nationalism is a political, social, and economic system characterized by promoting the interests of a particular nation, particularly with the aim of gaining and maintaining self-governance, or full sovereignty, over the group's homeland. The political ideology therefore holds that a nation should govern itself, free from unwanted outside interference, and is linked to the concept of self-determination. Nationalism is further oriented towards developing and maintaining a national identity based on shared characteristics such as culture, language, race, religion, political goals or a belief in a common ancestry. Nationalism therefore seeks to preserve the nation's culture. It often also involves a sense of pride in the nation's achievements, and is closely linked to the concept of patriotism. In some cases, nationalism referred to the belief that a nation should be able to control the government and all means of production.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Be proud of your own country and promote from within.

Also, I never said "don't hire foreigners"... I said prioritize hiring your own citizens first, especially for economic reasons.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 09:33 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 22:34:
Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 21:26:
And MS isn't hiring actual citizens because?

Oh, good, you're setting us up to explain to you that MSFT pays top dollar for top talent, then you'll respond with nationalist and racist bullshit again, pretending for some reason that MSFT does this to underpay people, not get talent.

Broken record. Just ban yourself. You already have most of us on ignore.

I usually stay out of political discussions here, because I don't feel Blues is an appropriate place for this.... but I'm gonna rant.

Please explain, libtards out there, how prioritizing hiring within your own country is racist?
There is plenty of talent in America, and it isn't all white.

I'm really getting sick and tired of any political disagreement going down the "race card" path. It's bull fuckin shit.

Being liberal is one thing, being a complete libtard is another (just as conteratives vs. conservtards aka extremists). Keep drinking that "everything has to do with race / white privilege" kool-aid. All the libtards are doing is pissing off enough people in the center to vote opposite of them by calling everyone a fucking racist.

/rant

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
22. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 3, 2017, 09:27 wtf_man

Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 04:51:
Obviously, if you've been holding out from a previous generation, this card might hit the sweet spot for you.

This.

That said, since my monitor is only 1080p and I have no intention of buying a new one... I'm holding out for the 2060 or 1160 (whichever nVidia calls the next xx60 card). My GTX680 still works decent for 1080p... only a few games I have to turn down the settings some.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 29, 2017, 11:24 wtf_man

Basically one needs to choose the lesser of two Evils. I feel that when it comes to tracking and personal data, Apple is the lesser, since it is not part of their business model to sell/make available your information to advertisers. They are also fairly adamant about not putting a back door in for government.

So I got an iPhone 8 plus to replace my old iphone 5. Camera being one of the reasons.

That said... my next phone will probably be a Linux Purism: Purism Phone

It really has little to do with paranoia, as much as it has to do with I fsch-ing hate marketing companies taking my information without my express permission, and there are no laws to thwart it.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Combat Trailer
1. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Combat Trailer Oct 27, 2017, 12:49 wtf_man

I backed this and it's looking good.

However, I hope the controls aren't kludgey. Trying to simulate realistic melee via a mouse and keyboard has got to be a really difficult thing to do without turning off gamers to bad controls.

1. Could Cryptocurrency kill online advertising? Oct 23, 2017, 18:39 wtf_man

I wouldn't mind this at all.

It would have to be done right though... people would have to be informed up front, maybe with a choice of a site with ads vs. a site the mines only while you are visiting... or some sort of central extension/ web standard that automatically donates the currency to the respected sites based on your time there.... Mining only takes place as you are surfing.

Legitimately (voluntarily) donating CPU cycles seems like a win/win if done right. The sites who's content you access gets supported, and you don't have to worry about annoying ads / tracking / malvertising. The site owner doesn't have to put up pay walls or beg for donations.

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
7. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 20, 2017, 13:43 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 12:47:
This doesn't mean they're unreliable, as these days nearly every brand is pretty damn reliable,

I'd have to say that's a fair statement. I also think it depends on how one treats their vehicles. I've had pretty darn good luck with most of them, even non-mopar brands.

My Son-in-law has had nothing but trouble with his Diesel RAM... but he's modified the heck out of it, so he keeps blowing transmissions. He accepts that as part of the performance modifications he has made. /shrug

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
5. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 20, 2017, 12:41 wtf_man

Since I'm a MOPAR guy (Hellcat Challenger, Magnum, and looking at a Jeep Wrangler in the near future... have had Charger, Durango, RAMs (Plural), and a Ramcharger.)

I'll just have to disagree with Creston.

That said, the lower end models (Dart, Avenger, 200, Liberty, etc. etc.) are definitely crap.

But I would say GM is in the same boat, maybe slightly better.

Ford seems to be the only company of the "Big Three" that can make a decent cheap / compact car to compete with the foreign imports.

3025 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo