Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2981 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

News Comments > TERA Server Merges
1. Re: TERA Server Merges Sep 5, 2012, 10:23 wtf_man

I think we can say that subscription based model is "officially dead". SWTOR, The Secret World, Tera... all recent subscription based launches that can barely get off the ground.

If TES Online pulls a subscription base model... they'll be dead out the gate.
If TES Online pulls a "WoW in Tamriel"... they'll be dead out the gate.

Viva La MMO Revolu-she-oh-ehn!!! GW2 has shown the way!!!

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM
3. Re: Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM Sep 5, 2012, 10:12 wtf_man

They still sound like they don't have a clue.

That said... I am more confident about possibly purchasing Watch Dogs.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
2. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 13:30 wtf_man

I totally lost interest in this when they changed it from a "re-make" to a "re-imagination", which means it won't be true to the original game. ...And without Xen (like it or not) it's not complete.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
15. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 09:30 wtf_man

As for GW2 taking WoW Players...

I think there will be some. Many are burned out on WoW. Of course, most have them haven't played or been subbed to WoW for a while now, and some friends have told me that the Panda thing won't even bring them back. So, as the word spreads amongst the "already quit" to their friends that still play... I think there will be a decent chunk that will switch to GW2. It won't be drastic like 80% of their currently active player base.... more like 10%... but that's still a HUGE chunk when you think in terms of WoW's numbers. Some of that will be natural "bleed off" that has been going on already... but GW2 will probably accelerate that "bleed off" some, IMO.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
36. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 29, 2012, 01:15 wtf_man

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 15:51:
That'd be nice.. but sounds like wishful thinking
Of course it is wishful thinking!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
23. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 15:51 wtf_man

Dev wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 15:41:
MS must be paying a lot for exclusive to make beth wait on other platforms.

Or maybe they are just waiving the patch fees.

I think it'd be great if they had a big DLC project going on all along, and were putting out these smaller DLC's to satisfy MS's exclusive deals. Then blamo... A nice big Expansion / DLC worth a shit, that they can release to everyone at the same time!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2012, 09:07 wtf_man

I just put Charter's 3rd party marketers on iBlacklist.

/shrug

News Comments > Steam Top 10
69. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 09:11 wtf_man

I'm not debating additionally supported devices.
I'm debating shitty native input support.

I've played plenty of racing games and flight sims where I did not need a wheel nor a joystick, and they played well with a keyboard.

When you have a game that is converted to a target platform, it needs to support the native input WELL. People can then choose if they want to go purchase an extra peripheral.

To take a game that is designed for a console controller, and port it over to a platform that has a totally different native input, means the effort should be put in to support that platform's native input. PERIOD. Otherwise, it is lazy dollar grabbing bullshit... which many of you complain about for other games... yet this one gets a pass, because the asshole publisher was kind enough to throw PC gamers a bone. I don't support scraps, so I won't be purchasing this game, unless someone mods good KB/M support... and then it would only be at rock bottom bargain bin prices.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 23:23 wtf_man

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 22:58:
KB/M is not some messiah of control schemes that excels in every application. In fact, a lot of times it sucks balls. The beauty of PC is its flexibility. Rational PC gamers use the best tool for the job, which for some things happens to be a gamepad. To insist otherwise makes you sound like a shill, yourself.

Yo, Einstein, look up the word shill.

The only reason KB/M sucks balls in any game is because the retarded developer either didn't know how to make a decent control scheme for it, or didn't bother (because it's a fucking port). That said... the KB/M is the native "control" for the PC. If one is not going to put the effort in making their application work with the native control of the platform in question... then they shouldn't bother at all. Suggesting we all go out and buy a non-native peripheral, just to play a game on a preferred platform, is asinine.

Supporting additional peripherals is a plus. Not supporting the native input devices to a given platform is inexcusable, if you are trying to sell something for that platform.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 22:53 wtf_man

a7m2 wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 16:26:
Honestly I can only laugh at people bashing DaS port. What exactly is wrong with it? Use a goddamn controller, this game was meant to play via controller.

Hey, fucktard shill... if we wanted to play a game with a fucking controller, we'd buy a fucking console (or the console version for those people that do have both). Why is that so hard to get through your thick skull? Most PC gamers HATE console controllers. Steamingmad

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
30. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 10:36 wtf_man

Wolfox wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 10:11:
Bought it, installed it, played it. I'm playing Dark Souls on my PC. I'm more than satisfied.

Whether the port is "barebones" or no, I can finally play the game (and it seems to run well). I'm happy with that, and glad I had the chance to buy the game and play it.

...as he licks the boots of the developers... "oh thank you! thank you! thank you! sirs!, may I have another?"

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
22. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 09:43 wtf_man

Overon wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 08:51:
I'm sure so will the support be "bare bones" aka not at all.

True... but that is why I have zero interest in this.

If I wanted to use a fucking console gamepad... I'd buy a fucking console.
Since I can't stand using gamepads, that is why I do not own a console.

When Kinect works by letting me just move my middle finger around... I'll buy a console.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
43. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 09:58 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 09:37:
wtf_man wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 09:21:
I laugh at all you Bastids that supported "always online DRM".

You deserve a shitty game for your money, and I hope they fuck it up even more.

Are you drunk or just parodying another poster? :P

Huh?
You mean wrlwnd's post?

I guess they are close in sentiment... but mine comes with the extra curse of "May your foolish purchase bring you even more pain" Devil

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
39. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 09:21 wtf_man

I laugh at all you Bastids that supported "always online DRM".

You deserve a shitty game for your money, and I hope they fuck it up even more.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
5. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 10:41 wtf_man

I haven't bought NOR PLAYED an Ubisoft game since the DRM-Free Prince of Persia (2008).

BECAUSE of their DRM.

So, if 93% - 95% is truly pirating their games (which is probably a number being pulled out of their ass)... that's because the rest of us gave up on them altogether, and won't buy an "always on-line single player game".

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 22:00 wtf_man

Rock Paper Shotgun review starts out good:

Hereís what I was expecting the Expendables 2 game to be: A third-person action. And shit. But sometimes things can surprise you. The Expendables 2 game is in fact a four-player co-op top-down shooter. And shit.

This is a special kind of shit, though. This isnít just your typical dodgy old film tie-in thatís derivative and disposable. This is premium shit, from only the fartiest bottoms. Itís a mess of the most impressive order. From achingly repetitive and unresponsive shooting, to menus that look like they were put together for a 2005 YouTube video with Windows Movie Maker, it reeks of rushed uninterest. And shit.

/ROFL

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 10:31 wtf_man

InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 10:27:
Unless I hear that its better than Vice City AND is released on the PC Im not really interested.

Has Rockstar ever released simultaneously on the PC?

I think all the GTA's have been console first.

News Comments > OnLive Layoffs Follow-up
42. Re: OnLive Layoffs Follow-up Aug 19, 2012, 12:29 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 11:42:
deqer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 00:53:
Corps should stop leading people on, and be real with them and say "look, we actually aren't sure how this will pan out, so this will just be a 1 year contract job." But noooo, corps don't like to do this for some reason; they like to lead you on, hire you, then do the old "Layoff" trick ...

In this case it seems even much worse. They setup the company to go bankrupt from the start it seems and offered false stock incentives to those they hired on. They basically just changed hands and the only losers are employees and creditors. I happen to know just a few companies like this that I go out and do some work for. These people are real shysters, finding any type of loophole for their sole greed. The patents are all with a separate company and possibly the only thing of great value, but still all owned by the same person.

Conspiracy Theories, as far as "they set the company up to go bankrupt from the start".

Well... have a look at this:
Twist! Ė OnLive Bought - Gets Substantial Funding

It's real simple... they were up to their necks in debt... they did what they had to do to save the company, by forming another one. Most of the employees will be hired back.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 12:39.

34. Re: OnLive Layoffs Follow-up Aug 19, 2012, 01:21 wtf_man

deqer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 00:53:
Corps should stop leading people on, and be real with them and say "look, we actually aren't sure how this will pan out, so this will just be a 1 year contract job." But noooo, corps don't like to do this for some reason; they like to lead you on, hire you, then do the old "Layoff" trick ...

Tim Robbins: Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.

4. Re: OnLive Layoffs Follow-up Aug 18, 2012, 14:23 wtf_man

I'm not sure what F2P games have to do with this.

In general... if a company isn't making any money... they can't pay for their employees... so they let some, or all, go. How can one be "entitled" to a job if the company can't afford the employee?

2981 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 66.
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo