Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 3018 (Veteran)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
17. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Oct 22, 2012, 09:21 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 02:09:
A lot of pooh-poohing of this game, but I can't help but still be excited. I really liked the Bioshock games (yes even 2!) - call me crazy.

Since I didn't really like the first one, as I have stated before, I can't get real excited about this one. However, I will wait until post launch and see what everyone is saying (forums / reviews) before I'd dismiss it altogether.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ken Rolston Joins Turbine
23. Re: Ken Rolston Joins Turbine Oct 21, 2012, 13:22 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 11:36:
Reread the sentence you quoted.

Oh I see... he may not be working on LOTRO at all.

My Bad.

What a fucked up sentence! LOL

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

News Comments > Ken Rolston Joins Turbine
2. Re: Ken Rolston Joins Turbine Oct 20, 2012, 14:24 wtf_man

Ken will be working on at the Lord of the Rings Online developer, other than word that: "He will be responsible for all aspects of game design from vision to implementation."

How does one "design" a game that has already been out for a long time?

Yeah... new expansions and stuff... but you can't design the core gameplay, because it's already established. Grats on him getting a new job, but he shouldn't have left Bethesda to begin with.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 09:42 wtf_man

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 23:26:
Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 22:16:
Looking back, Brutsch said his actions "were a huge mistake." He claimed he was addicted to Reddit and could not stop himself. The biggest thrill Brutsch said he got "was those meaningless Internet points," earned when "Redditors" voted for his posts.

Addicted? Couldn't stop himself? Ever the cry of those wanting to duck taking responsibility for themselves. It's not always easy to say no to your desires, but sometimes you have to in order to know you're truly free.

Yup. I love the empty apologies too. You're not sorry you did it, you're just sorry you got caught. Have fun finding a job, moron.

This.

He actually sounds shocked that he lost his job from the way the article reads.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed
19. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 15:21 wtf_man

Ratty wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 12:22:
I'm playing Bioshock 1 again after quite a while being away from it and I must say I'm enjoying it a lot more than I remember the first time I played it. I find myself appreciating the things that make it the spiritual successor to SS it claims to be. There are so many radically different ways you can solve a problem and within any level it's generally non-linear. I think the first time I played it I was disappointed by the whole console vibe but I guess I'm used to that in modern games now so it doesn't even bother me. I'm tempted to say I like it almost as much as SS2.

Hmm... I never got that feeling at all. I would have to guess that Dishonored would be closer to a System Shock successor than Bioshock... at least from my point of view regarding gameplay... even though both Bioshock and Dishonored don't have character stats to work with.

Technically... Deus Ex (the first one) was an evolution to System Shock, IMO, and the real "spiritual successor".

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2012, 15:29.

5. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 11:09 wtf_man

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 11:00:
I enjoyed Bio for what it was (judging it on it's own, unconnected to the SS series). 2 was ok...I'd classify it as more of an expansion, and in that regard it was ok.

Standing on it's own merit... I guess I would classify it as a mediocre shooter... but I was expecting them to fulfill their claim of making a "spiritual successor to System Shock" and was extremely disappointed.

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 11:00:
Did you try that patch a few weeks ago for SS2? Works great under Win7!

GW2 is taking all of my game time. I just hit 80 with my first character (Yes, I'm a casual player because I don't have a whole lot of time for games, even though I love them). Dishonored will probably be my next endeavor... so replaying SS2 will have to wait.

2. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 10:56 wtf_man

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 10:48:
I'm much more interested in if the game will be any good than a statue...

With all the departures, I doubt it.

Then again, this opinion is coming from someone that thought Bioshock 1 didn't even come close to being a "spiritual successor" to System Shock, and someone that didn't even bother with Bioshock 2.

/shrug

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 12, 2012, 21:56 wtf_man

The Articles says "online prices from competitors like Amazon"... but Yeah... I call BS on that too.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2012, 10:34 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 10:07:
I'm with you. Netflix would be what, $108 per year?
Not much, sure, but I instead watch any movie I plan to watch On-Demand from my cable company.

Given that I was only turning Netflix on once every 3 months or so, and that it never had any movies I wanted to see, and I no longer have time to sit through entire seasons of TV shows, it was averaging out to about $54 per movie. Maybe $36 or $27, but I was probably watching something "just because," not because I wanted to see it.

On-Demand is $5.99 per movie and I only use it when I want to see the movie.

Yeah... I guess I'm just the opposite.

Since I despise commercials, I absolutely refuse to PAY for commercials... I don't care about whether stuff is the most current... and I don't care if I see brand new (first season) shows, right away. So I'm 100% Netflix, with a Blu-Ray and DvD collection. I've been unplugged from broadcast TV since 2007 (When the first Roku Devices came out for Netflix), and haven't missed it one single bit. I use the web for news and some shows that I can't get on Netflix. My Bill went from $70 a month to $10 a month, and there are no commercials, and I watch when *I* want to watch... not on a broadcaster's schedule. If I want to see a game... I'll go hit a local sports bar and have a few beers with some co-workers, and stimulate the local economy a little.

Obviously that is not for everyone... but since I game and surf more than I watch TV... it is more than plenty for me, and the wife likes it that way too.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2012, 10:06 wtf_man

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 09:38:
Here's the thing, I rarely watch movies. I only saw one movie this year: The Dark Knight Rises. That includes home releases.

I take that to mean that you watch television shows more than movies.

If that is correct, you are still better off with Netflix, for the amount of seasons you can get on most shows. Granted, none of it is "broadcast current"... but I never really cared about that.

If you want up to date stuff... it would probably better to just put up an Antenna and get local channels for free, if you can, than to pay for "60 channels of crap" that are mostly commercials, on Cable or Satellite for $70 a month. - Unless you are big into sports or something and do a lot of pay=per-view on blacked out transmissions.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2012, 09:36 wtf_man

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 09:20:
Finally. I am mostly deaf and can't hear well. Now, if Netflix had on demand payments instead of subscription since I don't watch many movies.

Under $10 a month for "all you can eat", and you want pay-per-watch?

Get apple TV, or Amazon, or something similar if you want that. After 3 shows or movies you'll be paying more than you would have for Netflix.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2012, 15:31 wtf_man

Microsoft CEO Sees Company Becoming More Like Apple. Ballmer in a turtleneck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOgOP_aqqtg

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 15:36 wtf_man

With Chrome... it opens in new tab if you click "Continue on to page.." link... but opens in the same tab if you click the little triangle for "next page", or choose the page in the drop down area by the triangle.

But, yeah... it's hoakey.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2012, 09:23 wtf_man

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 06:34:
It is unnecessary to replace the Start button in Windows 8 if you just use Windows 7.

Fixed.

News Comments > Dishonored Reviews
2. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 09:47 wtf_man

Harvey Smith may be forgiven (or, at least, redeemed) for Invisible War, after all.

At least he isn't making Mickey Mouse shit.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 5, 2012, 09:09 wtf_man

When the higher end ones reach .50 cents a Gig... I'll buy a 500 Gigger.

Actually I may just buy a small one for a boot drive, and get a 500GB PCIe-Slot version, since they are faster than the SATA versions... but I'll be waiting a long time before those are .50 cents a Gig.

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
35. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 4, 2012, 09:40 wtf_man

Morgan19 wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 09:25:
Weird. Am I the only person who plays BF3 that doesn't mind the current "art direction", at least compared to the color mod?

I understand wanting the option to choose between "blue tint" and "color", that would be nice for people to be able to decide. But watching that comparison video, to me the mod actually makes the game look, I don't know, less interesting visually. When you take the tint away, the game looks more cartoony (because it's so colorful compared to the default), less unique, and more like every other Joe Shooting Game.

As someone who has never bought or played BF3 at all... I see some of the cartoony-ness that you see in the color mod... but at the same time, I would prefer it to the bland original. It reminded more of Far Cry lushness than cartoony... but yes... I did see *some* cartoony-ness in it.

As for Dice calling it a cheat... well... that's why I don't buy shooters that companies can control after purchase. I'd rather run my own server with the mods I want.

News Comments > Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter
4. Re: Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter Oct 3, 2012, 10:19 wtf_man

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 10:07:
They lost me at John Romero.

I'll only back teh g4me if it has my buddy Superfly in it.

Seriously though... I never played Anachronox, and By Wizarddry design, if they mean anything like what D.W. Bradley came up with (Dungeon Lords)... I'll pass.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 21:40 wtf_man

Wolfox wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:07:
Axis wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:28:
How many of you Bluesies are still actively engaged with GW2?

I'm still playing regularly, and I have no plans to stop in the foreseeable future.

This.

News Comments > Chris Roberts Interview
6. Re: Chris Roberts Interview Oct 2, 2012, 15:37 wtf_man

I want him to make another movie... that still has Freddie Prinze Jr. and Mathew Lillard starring in it as Fred and Shaggy uncovering the mystery of the Kilrathi Conspiracy...

...err wait.

3018 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 66.
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo