Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 3036 (Veteran)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
32. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 20:05 wtf_man

I kissed my $20 (or was it $25?... I can't even remember anymore) good bye a long time ago.

Unfortunately, that is the risk you take with a kickstarter game.

If you pledged a shitload and bought a bunch of ships... well... you're a dumbass.

/shrug

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2018, 20:15.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 13, 2018, 10:58 wtf_man

MORTICIAN: Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
CUSTOMER: Here's one -- nine pence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
MORTICIAN: What?
CUSTOMER: Nothing -- here's your nine pence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
MORTICIAN: Here -- he says he's not dead!
CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not!
MORTICIAN: He isn't.
CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!
CUSTOMER: No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.
MORTICIAN: Oh, I can't take him like that -- it's against regulations.
DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go in the cart!
CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.
MORTICIAN: I can't take him...
DEAD PERSON: I feel fine!
CUSTOMER: Oh, do us a favor...
MORTICIAN: I can't.
CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't
be long.
MORTICIAN: Naaah, I got to go on to Robinson's -- they've lost nine
today.
CUSTOMER: Well, when is your next round?
MORTICIAN: Thursday.
DEAD PERSON: I think I'll go for a walk.
CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone y'know. Look, isn't there
something you can do?
DEAD PERSON: I feel happy... I feel happy.
[whop]
CUSTOMER: Ah, thanks very much.
MORTICIAN: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
CUSTOMER: Right.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 11, 2018, 20:21 wtf_man

Still on 11.3 without any issues, but a Purism phone will be my next phone.  

News Comments > IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings
18. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July Jul 10, 2018, 19:58 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:59:
007Bistromath wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 12:49:
Primalchrome wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 11:52:
Free speech doesn't mean there aren't repercussions to being a closeminded dirtbag.
In what sense, then, is the speech free?

In the sense that the government can't fucking arrest you for being a closeminded dirtbag.

It does not mean everybody else has to put up with you being a closeminded dirtbag.

While I agree with that... I also don't agree with "Internet Mob Justice". (Not saying that this particular case was that). Often someone slips with something slightly offensive on the Internet... whether it be in poor taste or just an off "joke" and ends up losing a career over it.

There has to be some balance, even if one is being a dumbass.

News Comments > Ronda Rousey WWE 2K19 Preorder Bonus
12. Re: Ronda Rousey WWE 2K19 Preorder Bonus Jul 10, 2018, 16:29 wtf_man

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 15:42:
I don't hate her, but I don't spend much time looking into anything associated with her, this thread being the exception.

Ditto.

News Comments > Ronda Rousey WWE 2K19 Preorder Bonus
3. Re: Ronda Rousey WWE 2K19 Preorder Bonus Jul 10, 2018, 11:39 wtf_man

Timmeh wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 11:32:
What is with the weird obsession with this chick.. she got her ass kicked in real fights multiple times. Every time i see her on a commercial I'm like.. WTF?? why is this chick on this commercial she sucks.

So she is in fake wrestling now.. WHO CARES!

I'd say that any "obsession" was when she was undefeated (not that I personally thought she was "all that", but it was a fairly large accomplishment). Now that she got beaten more than once and then left UFC to not get beaten anymore... her fame has declined significantly.

She's just trying to maintain a post-defeat career.

/shrug

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 9, 2018, 12:36 wtf_man

LiTh wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 11:48:
Wow, so many haters. More competition sounds good to me.

Uh... it is not really competition... The purpose is to get China-developed games into the U.S.

That said... if you think the data-slurping from Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc. are intrusive... one can only imagine what the "WeGame" client will slurp up.

Heck... just look at the news regarding Visio and Samsung smart TVs... and that's Korea.... not even China.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2018, 13:18.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
14. Re: Summary? Game plans? Jul 6, 2018, 12:55 wtf_man

Keilun wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 11:59:
This post summarizes the thread pretty nicely.

Uh... so they both get fired for an extremely mild spat (disagreement) on Twitter? Am I reading that correctly?

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
11. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 16:48 wtf_man

sauron wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 16:11:
*Twitches and prevents self from re-installing GW2, FFXI, FFXIV, and especially LOTRO*.

Those things are crack, man, even if you're the Dark Lord.

Depends... I'm completely burned out on MMO's and probably won't ever put a dime into one again. Sick and tired of goal posts moving, complete rule changes, and nerfs.

That said, in general, it has been a fun ride over the years though... starting with MUDs in the mid 90's.

News Comments > Black Mesa Status
3. Re: Black Mesa Status Jun 22, 2018, 12:56 wtf_man

Now if only they'd have a GOG version. But that'll never happen.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2018, 11:13 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 10:43:
And thus we see that even the Democrats, for all their pretense, simply cave when written a big enough check by their corporate whore-masters.

We need to get rid of both these shit-ass parties.

Amen!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 19, 2018, 12:21 wtf_man

Stefanos Loukakos, who runs Messenger’s ad business, says he’s aware of this, and the company will monitor user behavior to determine if these ads turn people off.

“Top priority for us is user experience,” he said from a beachside cabana at the Cannes Lions advertising festival on Tuesday. “So we don’t know yet [if these will work]. However, signs until now, when we tested basic ads, didn’t show any changes with how people used the platform or how many messages they send.”

Uh... OF COURSE this will turn people off. What a dumb fscking statement. User experience is obviously NOT top priority.

Glad I don't use social networking at all. Still pissed that they accumulate my data without my permission, even though I'm not a user.

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer
5. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Jun 15, 2018, 19:57 wtf_man

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.  

3. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Jun 15, 2018, 14:16 wtf_man

Honestly, I didn't know there was one. I thought the whole series was console only.

That said, I've been wanting a modern sim that has F22s and F35s... even if it's arcade-ish. As long as there is a cockpit mode.

What I'd really like is a modern F-22 TAW.

1. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Jun 15, 2018, 13:38 wtf_man

Oooh A PC version! May have to pick this one up.  

News Comments > Remedy Announces Control
6. Re: Remedy Announces Control Jun 12, 2018, 14:58 wtf_man

Kind of reminds me of a modern American McGee's Alice. (Obviously not set in that particular fiction)  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 23:14 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:49:
How many times has that been said? Believe it when it is reported.

Yeah... unfortunately it's always some "Bethesda Tweaked" version of the same ol' crappy NetImmerse / Gamebryo engine.... and they always claim it's a "new engine", which is total BS.

(Although Skyrim isn't in the list of Gamebryo credits... the mods still use NIFs (Net Immerse Files)

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Trailer
5. Re: Underworld Ascendant Trailer Jun 1, 2018, 17:38 wtf_man

Darks wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:09:
Whats wrong with the visual style? I backed this and have been playing it off an on, but also trying to avoid playing it to much because I want to enjoy it once its completed. its actually a pretty good game. Still needs a lot of work, but its definitely got the potential.

I don't like the style either... but UU1 is still my #1 favorite RPG to this day... so I will still buy this.

As for what's wrong with it... it looks like claymation. I'd rather they had gone with a more realistic style... even if it was dated by today's standards. UE3 or Original Crytek (Far Cry 1) detail would have been fine.

31. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2018, 20:12 wtf_man

Scheherazade wrote on May 23, 2018, 13:14:

Also, I didn't vote for Trump. Or Hillary. Because I think they are both shit candidates.
Trump is a man child and I can't trust him to think things through, and Hillary is so hawkish that I can't trust her not to take stupid risks.

I would have voted Bernie. Because why not. Try something new for a change.
The guy seemed very mild on a per-issue basis. Pro public healthcare, not an anti-gunner, etc. A decent straddler.

-scheherazade

Here's the funny thing... even though I completely disagree with funding social programs, I probably would have strongly considered voting for Bernie too. (Even though I'm saying he is far left, IMO)

Beamer wrote on May 23, 2018, 12:58:
If we were taxed "most of our income," there'd be fairly large economic impacts. What matters isn't so much what you take home, but what you take home relative to your neighbor. If you took home $10,000 after taxes, but your neighbors took home $100,000, you're poor. If you took home $10,000, and so did everyone else, then $10,000 isn't poor and you'd see prices adjust to accommodate that.

Uh no.

What matters is what one takes home for their reflective occupation. A doctor shouldn't have the same take home pay as a burger flipper. Nor should a doctor be punished for being an achiever. Why should a Doctor that pays out the rear for malpractice insurance, went to school for 12 years, and saves lives be severely punished making over 250k? Any professional occupation for that matter. One educates themselves and strives to get the experience necessary for a good income then get it taken away? Why?

Income tax needs to just go away. Period. Replace it with something(s) that isn't (aren't) income related. People shouldn't be punished for working. Spread it out with property, consumption, and possibly a type of VAT. No loopholes. No deductions. Take away the feeling that ones earnings are being taken away and put towards things they disagree with funding.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2018, 12:37 wtf_man

Rilcon wrote on May 22, 2018, 21:10:
Your scale is very poorly calibrated. By EU standards, Bernie is centre-right, and California is by no means "far left"; even Poland in its current state is further left.

It really pays for people to gain perspective of how other nations operate; the world is not the US.

I'm not comparing the rest of the world. I couldn't care less about the rest of the world. Being taxed most of your income in some countries in the EU is not the pattern to follow. (Which Bernie wants in his "Swedish-US utopia")

By this Country's standards, Mr. Sanders is far left. (Obliviously not by California standards, which is also far left compared to the rest of the country).

As for the 5th largest economy that someone mentioned... that's a laugh... and being the "biggest donor"... If California were to really secede, it would go bankrupt as soon as all federal moneys and agencies are pulled. Especially with an over 420 Billion Dollar Deficit. Then as they tax the tech companies even more to make up for the loss... they'll flee to other states... especially if there's a trade tariff with California being it's own country.

So keep on increasing those welfare checks and recipients, California... you'll go far. Oh, and let's not forget the million dollar houses in the slum areas of Oakland. LOL

3036 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo