Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On November 26, 2003
Founding Supporter Gold, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 3265 (Veteran)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

22. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 2, 2020, 09:57  wtf_man 

D-Rock wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 08:53:
wrlwnd wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 20:49:
Uh, a bonus is supposed to be just that. A bonus.

Agreed.

I never understand how people who deal with logic all day can't make logical decisions. If it's a bonus, you need to plan on potentially not getting it at all.

Doesn't sound like there is a choice between regular salary or lower salary + bonus. I'm not even sure I'd call collecting royalties "a bonus". I mean, usually a bonus is your normal salary +something extra the company GIVES to you (and you may not get one). Whereas profit sharing of royalties is completely different, and more like "part of the salary". With Pitchford running the sh!tshow, chances are... one would get screwed, and apparently they did.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

2. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 1, 2020, 19:49  wtf_man 

The problem is, they believed that sack of shiz liar, Randy Pitchford.

"Pitchford also told Gearbox developers that if they weren’t happy with the royalty system, they were welcome to quit"

Yeah, after they already already took lower salaries and devoted major crunch-time. What a tool.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

1. Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.3.1, Downgrade No Longer Possible - What It Means for Jailbreak? Apr 1, 2020, 14:22  wtf_man 

Gave up on jailbreaking a long time ago.

Next phone will be a Librem 5 or PinePhone when they are ready for prime time. (Still a ways to go, but I figure another year, at least)

News Comments > Star Citizen Raises More Cash

24. Re: Star Citizen Raises More Cash Mar 30, 2020, 19:41  wtf_man 

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 19:13:
I'm taking this as sarcasm, I just have to. I'd meet anyone with throw them all in a dumpster, but one would only think Fox is the best if that is all you listen to, but that would apply to any source.

They ALL Lie for their given agenda.

Politicians
Lawyers
Marketers
Media / News

Who tells the truth? Tony Montana! Even when he lies!

News Comments > Star Citizen Raises More Cash

8. Re: Star Citizen Raises More Cash Mar 30, 2020, 12:50  wtf_man 

WaltC wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 11:21:
Still, today it seems ridiculous to consider they are still in "alpha" stage after all these years and a budget bigger than most blockbuster movies.

2012 Kickstarter. 8 Years. No Squadron 42 released. Still in Alpha.

People are morons. Freak

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2020, 19:09  wtf_man 

I was going to get a PS5 anyway, but I'm not surprised that all of their " internal bottle-neck removing" efforts makes it generally superior to Xbone's TFLOPS.

Alos, not going to "sign in" to MS just to use Prime, Hulu, Netflix, etc. (PS4 doesn't require sign in to PSN). Blocking all the data slurping on my Windows PCs is bad enough... not easy to do on an Xbone.

News Comments > Epic Games Publishing Announced

41. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 17:55  wtf_man 

Slick wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 17:40:
Good thing you guise aren't "fan boi nerd"s or anything.

lulz

I absolutely am a fanboi nerd of GOG. Slowly ridding myself of Steam too.

If EPS makes their DRM launcher completely optional... I'll buy games there too.

/shrug

News Comments > Epic Games Publishing Announced

37. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 17:36  wtf_man 

Avus wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 17:02:
Blizzard and EA don't offer most of that stuff either. Where's your outrage about all of their games not being on Steam?

This is why I don't even have EA Origin and any Blizzard games in my computers.

Ditto. (Not counting older games on GoG.)

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Operator, and Weapons

2. Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Map, Operator, and Weapons Mar 24, 2020, 17:55  wtf_man 

Call-a-doodie, call-a-doodie, call-a-doodie, call-a-doodie, xbox go home.

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Does anyone actually play this shiz? I mean this IP seems way worn out.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 23, 2020, 11:55  wtf_man 

News Comments > Saturday Interviews

3. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 21, 2020, 17:43  wtf_man 

Luke wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 16:01:
Well Mr Gabe....you could make what you promised people first , ep3 HL2.

I am not jumping on your " we can't sell our vr kits let make a budget hl" so we can trick the mobs into buying our kit.

Forget it.

Just buy Black Mesa, uninstall HL1 and HL2... and pretend they never happened.

/shrug

News Comments > Valve on Alyx and the Future of Half-Life

1. Re: Valve on Alyx and the Future of Half-Life Mar 18, 2020, 19:24  wtf_man 

Yo Gabe... pretty sure Half-Life Alyx doesn't scratch the itch.

Folks are expecting a trilogy of "episodes" as Freeman... not a different protagonist.
A TRIOLOGY of episodes is what YOUR company announced. People are rightfully expecting a 3rd episode for closure.
14 years later and the 3rd episode is still not produced.

There is no closure for this with new Alyx game.

And unfortunately, unless a total modern remake of Half-Life 2 + EP1 + EP2 were included with an EP3... it's been so long that an EP3 would probably fail on it's own.

News Comments > Blade Runner Remake Plans

10. Re: Blade Runner Remake Plans Mar 12, 2020, 19:14  wtf_man 

Luke wrote on Mar 12, 2020, 18:08:
Ha....kickstarter just stop using it..

I think System Shock was the last time I backed anything or it might have been Kingdom Come Deliverance.... so yeah, I agree.

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 12, 2020, 18:51:
I'm not saying Nightdive doesn't have some things to answer for with regards to the System Shock remake but you're acting as if it's the same team developing both of these projects when it's almost certainly not. One is enhancing a 20+ year old point and click, the other is a new project done from scratch in Unreal Engine. They are likely working on several projects at once.

Doesn't matter if it's a separate team. The Same dipsh!t CEO is running the place. Also, they went against their own pitch, and had to stop and restart the whole project to get it back on track on what they were claiming to create on kickstarter. So, it's their own fault for the huge delay, and they definitely aren't on track for their last release claim of early this year.

Bottom line is they mis-managed this project like Schafer did with Broken Age... meaning neither of them get a dime from me again.

Fool me once, shame on you.... etc.

/shrug

News Comments > Blade Runner Remake Plans

2. Re: Blade Runner Remake Plans Mar 12, 2020, 17:48  wtf_man 

How about finishing the System Shock remake, that has been delayed and restarted, first?

After 3 years, all we get on Kickstarter is concept art updates and a "alpha demo" for steam users only.

Fsck Nightdive.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's Plans Detailed

2. Re: CD Projekt RED's Plans Detailed Mar 12, 2020, 12:28  wtf_man 

Redo Witcher 1 and 2 to be exactly like 3 and sell it as "The Witcher Trilogy Redux"!  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists

25. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists Mar 12, 2020, 10:58  wtf_man 

I'm looking at every store that has DRM launchers / data mining.... not Just EGS.

The only one I have is steam and I have been slowly getting away from that, and repurchased numerous games on GOG.

Like is said, their data mining is part of perks to share with publishers / developers for the content they deliver. Non-optionally sharing my data (sold or not) without my permission is just as bad. Non-optionally collecting my data in the first place, without my permission is the main complaint, which is why I avoid all of the other stores.

Obviously this isn't the only industry that does this... heck, credit card companies have "no opt-out policies" for sharing your data that they collect.

That sh!t needs to be illegal.

News Comments > E3 2020 Officially Cancelled

30. Re: E3 2020 Officially Cancelled Mar 11, 2020, 19:55  wtf_man 

crazedgironemo wrote on Mar 11, 2020, 19:22:
Yeah, I mean, the flu kills 0.1% whereas the coronavirus kills up to 3.4%. Definitely not as bad as the common flu. We should have just let the coronavirus spread unchecked and it would mean only 11 million of USA's 327 million population will die of it.

Being a gear head... if it's the tree-huggin vegan prius-driving smug-tards... I'm ok with that number! Heck! They can take their Holistic medicine!

j/k

I think being prepared taking some precautions is one thing... over-hyping and claiming the sky is falling, is another.

23. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists Mar 11, 2020, 19:29  wtf_man 

Beamer wrote on Mar 11, 2020, 17:43:
What data do you think they're mining, and how is it fueling their business?
Yes, we know what came out last year about Steam, which they think they explained, but even then, what do you think they're doing to monetize it?

A store can only tabulate your interests by what you purchase, and share that with partners.

An Application sitting on your device, can record which games you launch, how long you've been in each of them, what your hardware is, etc. etc.... aka telemetry. Of course this is also given to their partners as part of the perks for putting content in their store.

I don't subscribe to the notion that telemetry is required or non-optional. I find it absolutely repulsive that I am forced to be recorded on my own devices without my express permission (anonymized or not). While I may not be able to stop it 100% I do my best to thwart as much as possible. You can call it my own little privacy war, if you wish. You wouldn't believe the amount of crap I block at different levels, including my perimeter firewall, locked down device an OS settings, script blocking, on all devices PC, Phones, etc. etc. Also, I have no social media accounts, google accounts, ISP e-mail accounts, and I block social media / google scripts / remote fonts / webdav leaking and most fingerprinting from web sites.

Currently I am on a remote cloud browser... it's not even a browser on my local workstation (think RDP to a firefox instance that dies as soon as I close it)

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2020, 19:40.

20. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists Mar 11, 2020, 17:15  wtf_man 

Big difference between every game not requiring a launcher and 11 (currently looking at the site) games not requiring a launcher. OF which I have an interest of zero out 11).

As for newer games not appearing on GOG, that's part of CD Project Red's ongoing negotiations to get AAA games eventually on their straight up No-DRM platform.

EGS is not actively trying to talk developers / publishers down the no-launcher route.
EGS wants the data they mine from their launcher.

Big difference in business models there, my friend.

News Comments > E3 2020 Officially Cancelled

24. Re: E3 2020 Officially Cancelled Mar 11, 2020, 16:59  wtf_man 

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2020, 15:59:
People are so fucked in head.

Men In Black Quote:

K: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

The truth... from Hollywood... in 1997. Oh the Irony!

3265 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >