Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2878 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided System Rift DLC
3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided System Rift DLC Sep 23, 2016, 12:56 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 10:34:
It does at least look like a new level. I was half worried they would just send you back to the same Palisade bank that you'd already been in (likely twice.)

From what I read on other sites... it's a Headquarters... not the bank. Totally separate building in old Pargue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
20. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 12:43 wtf_man

Mismanaged? Absolutely.

Will they pull off a decent game? Who knows.

Will I ever give them more than my original $30 backing? Nope.

Do I care if it's shit? I only care about Squadron42... if it's a decent Wing Commander-like game, I'll be satisfied.

/shrug

News Comments > Morning Interviews
23. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 15:08 wtf_man

Ok.... I'm a racist! Now gimmie my white pillow case with 2 PC game DVD's sewn around the eye-hole cutouts.

/s

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 22, 2016, 09:33 wtf_man

Slick wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 20:13:
All they have to do is start helping game devs push for DX12-only titles, that's the only reason why most people would care.

If I only used my computer for e-mail, surfing the web etc. as long as it was secure, updated, and still supported, I wouldn't want to stop using Win7.

Give me the actual benefits of a bigger FPS bump in gaming however from switching to Win10, then start actually making DX12 relevant, and it's only a matter of time before the gamers at least switch over.

Unfortunately, DX12 isn't that much of a performance boost... especially for nVidia. Vulkan seems to be the way to go, especially since it is cross-platform. (Linux (PS4), and Android)

Which means Windows 7 is still good enough.

It's a whole new "DX vs OpenGL" battle... and I think DX will lose this time.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2016, 15:10 wtf_man

nin wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 14:21:
I can't wait to see this magical MS console that not only renders every game at 4K, but also doesn't cause it's target group to have sticker shock...

...and forces some ridiculous extra hardware (like Kinect... probably a shitty MS produced VR headset), and forces a paywall to use streaming apps like Netflix, etc.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 20, 2016, 09:32 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 22:16:
Rip off the tax payers for 75 mil, pay back 2.5. Nice work if you can get it.

You forgot all the money spent on investigation and litigation, too. So, that's probably a few million on top.

That said, you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Schilling is basically broke (not sure about whom "the others" are, that also have to pay), so pursuing it any further would be an even bigger waste of the taxpayer's money.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
31. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 19:04 wtf_man

Saboth wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 14:40:
From what I can tell, these aren't just users that bought a game and left a negative review. This is a group that has banded together and goes to every video, every blog, and every forum just to slam the developer with negative messages, reviews, whatever. Basically since this developer had some kind of war with that youtube guy (sorry, don't think Jim Sterling is all that), these guys have decided to publicly attack this developer at every opportunity, sometimes using facts, sometimes just making up stuff.

I bought some game from this developer that was on sale for .99 (after playing it, I'd say it's worth a dime), some time during or after that tiff with Sterling. The forum for this game was flooded with these guys, attacking the dev and the game, despite never playing or buying it, and just making up stuff (I knew, because I had played it). Since I didn't care about the developer or Jim Sterling, these guys were pretty obnoxious.

So on one side is some kind of crazy developer that makes shovelware (or at least generic games that get tedious after 15 minutes), and on the other is some kind of gamergate-type group that attacks the developer every chance they get, sometimes making up stuff to drive away business.

Hmmm... maybe they did this on purpose, figuring to make a mint on litigation instead of "some effort" to produce shovelware.

I don't think they'll get very far.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
21. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 12, 2016, 09:31 wtf_man

I wouldn't say physical media is totally dead. I still buy Blu Rays of movies I want to actually own. Of course, I have zero desire to redo my collection in 4K. 1080p is already good enough to see the pot marks on the actor's faces that the makeup doesn't cover.

Eventually I'll Rip my Blu Rays and put them on a NAS, but I will never rely on a permanent stream service (like purchasing - not renting - movies on Amazon Prime). I don't want to be locked into a cloud service company for my permanent library.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 11, 2016, 18:29 wtf_man

George Orwell is beating against his casket and screaming "I Told You So!"  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
10. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 11, 2016, 18:22 wtf_man

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:57:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:21:
The drivel that people post on the internet is mind numbing.

I hope that irony isn't lost on you.

Laugh2

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
14. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 11, 2016, 12:06 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 16:21:
However, Google is free. Apple is not.

LOL. No isn't, my friend. YOU are the product.

I don't like that business model, especially since a lot of it is without my permission. (Web masters using Google Analytics and Google Syndication all over the web)

Same with Facebook icons and other social media embedded shit all over the web. I'm a member of none of them, yet they have the balls to try to track me without my permission.

Apple has it's faults, but at least they aren't in the business of gathering and selling your habits to scumbag advertisers (which I rank up there with politicians, on the scumbag level).

5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 10, 2016, 14:15 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 13:49:
Boy rationalizations are fun aren't they? 'They're only one of the most evil corps in the world but I still support them because reasons....'

Google is WAY more evil. I don't use any of their shit, including search. (Well, Youtube... but I don't have an account and privacy blockers mostly kill their analytics).

But that's just my opinion of what is the lesser of 2 evils.

/shrug

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 10, 2016, 13:29 wtf_man

I know there are folks here that like to bash apple... for whatever reasons (apple tax, Foxconn slave labor, Ireland tax evasion, muppets they buy a device every year, etc. etc.)

That said, I prefer iPhone for 2 major reasons.

1. My device is always updated.
2. They tell Governments to go "Pound Sand" as far as creating a backdoor to their devices.

And since they allowed Ad Blocking and have built-in app control (of what apps can look at your data)... I really have no reason to look for an alternative.

Oh, and Google is last motherfuckers on earth that I want datamining me.

The only issue I have is the fucking carriers datamining me... and that doesn't matter what smart phone you have.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 9, 2016, 12:17 wtf_man

I executed my plan in 2007... cord cut.  

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
4. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 9, 2016, 10:49 wtf_man

I just want a mod of all the original levels, for nostalgia sake.

I mean a real re-imagination, not a cut and paste of the current game's assets from snapmap to "sort of" resemble the original levels.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
17. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:44 wtf_man

I got about 35 hours total and I did all the side missions.

Did I break into every empty apartment / store and rob it of goodies?

No.

Did I hack / read every computer, and pick up every e-book and pocket secretary?

No.

But I'm pretty sure I completed every side mission available.

13. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:14 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 12:31:
I just refinished HR. It was really just Detroit and Hong Kong, no? Other places were 1 level.

I did not like it nearly as much as the first time. Maybe because I ghosted the whole time and just kept walking behind guards, or maybe because there's nothing this game did that Dishonored didn't come along and do better.

I'm not far enough into HR to remember... but at least Hong Kong was multi-mission... in MD everything non-1-mission happens in Prague, and there's only 3 "1-mission" areas. I think there were a couple more in HR.

You really like Dishonored better? I didn't think it was all that great, but to each their own!

11. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 12:26 wtf_man

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 11:39:
21 hours from start to finish, including the side missions. Not too shabby, but because of the ending the game feels incomplete. If the promised free DLC that is supposed to come at the end of the year doesn't complete the game, or they dare to charge for it, Im gonna be pretty pissed off.

I just wish there were more places (other cities with more than one mission) to really visit, like the 2011 Game.

Other than that, it was pretty good.

I'm re-playing Human Revolution, now.

As for DX12, completely irrelevant to my Windows 7 gaming rig.

/shrug

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
6. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 21:54 wtf_man

nin wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 20:46:
How's the Fallout MMO coming, fellas?

Yeah... I'm still waiting in total anticipation!

/snicker

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2016, 11:29 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:45:
Not surprised about VR sales, the price points are too high and a lot of people don't want to be in on the first generation of the tech. I'm really interested but its inevitable that better products are coming so I'm just sitting it out until then. I don't mind the early adopter thing but it is a ton of cash to do it with VR so /shrug.

I actually have zero interest in owning VR. I think VR would be better served with a "brick and mortar shop" that has extremely expensive - cutting edge tech (Think Lawnmower Man), that folks could go visit for entertainment... like Paintball, Laser Tag, and those fast indoor electric go-cart places.

VR in the home can't compare to that.

2878 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo