Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2936 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale
21. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 11:19 wtf_man

WaltC wrote on May 13, 2017, 10:37:
Checkpoint saves--ugh--no sale!

And side cam 3rd person which I absolutely can't stand.

Unfortunately I bought a copy a long time ago from Steam without doing my homework... played 5 minutes and deleted it. Unfortunately that was before you could get refunds from Steam.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
22. Re: Morning Mobilization May 9, 2017, 09:18 wtf_man

Two obvious reasons tablets are on the decline...

1. They are media consumption devices... not work/creation devices... they have had more than enough power and features for media consumption for years... there's no need to upgrade or replace.

2. Phablets do the job just as well, if not more convenient Why carry 2 devices?.

As for the larger size tablets, I'd rather have a real Ultrabook than a tablet or a 2-in-1. Touch screening on a large screen, and anything beyond media consumption, just doesn't work out for me.

News Comments > TERA Turns Five
5. Re: TERA Turns Five May 7, 2017, 12:16 wtf_man

Angrius Maximis wrote on May 5, 2017, 21:02:
this game is total fucking garbage

Unfortunately, Korean MMO's are more "action RPG" than "RPG". The whole game is focused on nothing but mindless killing. Whereas Western MMO's *try* to mix in some story/adventure to alleviate some of the tedious repetition.

Elder Scrolls Online was the last MMO I played, and probably will be the last I ever play. While I enjoyed it, after 20 years of MMO-ing I have found that I have zero tolerance anymore for nerfs, re-engineering forcing re-specs, and moving the goal posts (Adding more levels after maxxing out). Unfortunately all MMO's MUST suffer this via their business mode . None of this shit happens in single player RPGs, so I will just stick with them. /shrug

News Comments > NVIDIA Flow Video
14. Re: NVIDIA Flow Video Apr 24, 2017, 09:17 wtf_man

Really? You're gonna call a lot of folks that have been here a long time, "shills", when they have often also posted negative things about nVidia as well? They're all "ignorant" just because they disagree with you?

You from California or something? Rolleyes

As for the tech... I am unimpressed with anything DirectX12. Show off that shit in Vulkan and I might be impressed. Fuck Microsoft.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2017, 09:28.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 28, 2017, 09:24 wtf_man

If stuff like Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc. is still behind a Microsoft Paywall... I still wouldn't own an XBone.  

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
12. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 28, 2017, 09:22 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 21:43:
Has anyone played the BG enhanced editions? Were they any good?

I've done Baldur's Gate. I have Icewind Dale too... but haven't played it yet.

If you don't want to bother installing all the mods to get the thing to work on modern systems and resolutions... the Enhanced Editions are your ticket. They also appear to be less buggy than the old versions all modded up.

I can't speak for the extra content since I wasn't into these games when they came out.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
23. Re: GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta Mar 22, 2017, 19:42 wtf_man

1. I don't want another client.
2. I don't want to store my shiznit in anyone's cloud.
3. I don't want to be datamined by my "game store".
4. I don't give a shiznit about "achievements, my friends list / chat / what games they have / any other social network crap / etc.
5. I don't want any "service" other than initially downloading what I pay for. (and game patches, *IF* I want them)

That said... if it were up to me... all my games would be GOG games without the "galaxy client". But as it stands I do have a Steam account and have to put up with the above shiznit. I do, however, constantly run steam games in offline mode with my NIC disconnected to avoid some of the crap.

So, as long as GOG keeps that client optional for folks that see value in that stuff... cool. The moment they make it mandatory (if ever), I will dump them.

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
42. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 17, 2017, 15:39 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 13:39:
It makes perfect sense. MajorD is suggesting that because MS won't let him run a 7 year old version of Windows on a brand new processor, he might switch to Linux. So it's a fair and logical question to ask if he wants to run a 7 year old version of Linux on a brand new processor.

I believe the point is, if he wanted to... he could. Maybe there's some "favorite obscure distro" that hasn't been ehnhanced / maintained in the last few years. (Windows 7 may be 7 years old, but you have SP1 after that... which would essentially be a dot release of a linux distro.

So, yes...if one wanted... they could run a 7 year old Linux distro on a latest generation processor.

/shrug

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
38. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 17, 2017, 09:06 wtf_man

I'm sure there will be some sort of lawsuit. They can't withhold SECURITY updates from an OS that is not officially EOL, especially in the enterprise. Drivers and shit from Microsoft Update... who cares? I'm sure there will be motherboard manufacturers that will still release drivers for older OS's for a little while.

That said... putting up a WSUS server or downloading and manually installing patches from the Microsoft catalog may be the only work arounds.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
13. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial Mar 4, 2017, 20:24 wtf_man

I played the beta a beta build a few months ago... and it was more like an Alpha. I can't believe they are anywhere near ready for release.

The site does actually say "Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial (TEST)"... which probably means it ain't release ready... it looks like they are just stress testing the online side of it... which also answers why the "free trial" folks can't play it offline.

That said... calling it a "free trial" is effing stupid. It really is more of a public test.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
2. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 09:29 wtf_man

Tom's is saying, after an update, that the card is actually $600, which is a sweet deal if true.

Of course since the above mentions the "founder's edition" which is always more expensive, a $600 non-founders could be likely!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 27, 2017, 09:33 wtf_man

Do Cellphones Cause Cancer?

Yes. They spawn retards that text and drive, a cancer on society.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 27, 2017, 09:23 wtf_man

The author is no more or less reputable than some of the other popular privacy tools out there, like W10Privacy, which is a good base privacy tool for Windows 10.

He does post on Major Geeks.

Major Geeks Page

If you contact him with your concerns, he might post the source code.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 26, 2017, 12:14 wtf_man

Blocking Telemetry in Windows 7 and 8.1

Get Blackbird

News Comments > ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction
25. Re: ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction Feb 25, 2017, 17:36 wtf_man

I don't think it's nepotism.

Throwing out a guess... Ms Carter is probably just supporting her husband and his business with some free, or low cost (getting paid way less than someone like Patric Stewart for 3 lines in a game) voice acting, and some marketing for the games based on her small bit of fame.

That said... my point was more about Mr. Altman being an Attorney, himself. That is probably why the company is so quick to litigate EVERYTHING.

Oh... and they don't need any money from Facebook, especially after Skyrim sales.

I think they're just pissed that after they bought iD, probably one of the main reasons they bought iD (Carmack), left the company.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 25, 2017, 10:48 wtf_man

Pretty sure most folks that went to Windows 8.x went 64-bit. There's probably still a lot of 32-bit Windows 7 out there.

Probably doesn't make sense to spend the extra money it would take to build, test, and get certified 32-bit Windows 8.1 drivers if the install base is like 90% 64-bit.

News Comments > ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction
18. Re: ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction Feb 25, 2017, 10:43 wtf_man

You all know the reason that Zenimax is so quick to litigate, Right?

Lynda Carter's husband, Robert Altman, is a partner / one of the head honchos at Zenimax and he is an Attorney. This is also why they get Lynda to do Voice Acting in their games.

News Comments > Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story
9. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 18:59 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 13:10:
Any idea how UA is coming along as it's been delayed?

I would imagine it has taken a back seat to SS3, since that appears to have more attention. I haven't backed anything though... I'm done doing that. I'll wait for the final releases and hapily pay full price if they are worthy.

News Comments > Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story
7. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 09:30 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 00:11:
I'd like to see them do something like Bioshock but as a proper CRPG, isometric or full 3D, I'm easy either way, but more story/RP/less shooter.

Doesn't need to be isometric nor "full 3d" (3rd person). The best RPGs that ever came out were the Ultima Underworld, System Shock, and Thief series from Looking Glass (Which is about half the folks of what Irrational Games became) ALL of those series are 1st person perspective. I do agree that Bioshock was less "RPGish" than Systemshock / Systemshock 2, which was disappointing when I first played it.

They just need to go back to their roots.

Then again, Otherside Entertainment (The other half of Looking Glass folks) are making System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant... and are DEFINITELY going back to their roots.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 15, 2017, 09:31 wtf_man

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

*fine print* ...and you will use Tesla Batteries *fine print*

2936 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo