Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 3179 (Veteran)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?
1. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Aug 15, 2019, 10:44 wtf_man

Cliff: Buy A clue. Nobody wants you back. You suck. Period.  

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 18:48 wtf_man

Honestly I really don't give a shit about "another store" or "exlusives to get it off the ground".

As I've said from the get go... I'm not installing yet another DRM launcher that is data mining me. Fuck! These launchers are more invasive than the old "cd-rom check root kits".

Just leave me the fuck alone and let me play my game. No telemetry... no ads... no phoning home... no bullshit.

GOG (without Galaxy) FTW!

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

News Comments > Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG
15. Re: Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG Jul 10, 2019, 15:36 wtf_man

I have 1000% mmo burnout.

No more nerfing for me.
No more combat revamps / respeccing for me.
No more making hard earned items / crafting materials obsolete with expansions.
Essentially, no more “rule changes” after actively investing lots of time.
I’ll stick to single player games, thank you.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup
5. Re: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup Jul 2, 2019, 11:13 wtf_man

Cool... I'll pick up a used 2070S when the next gen comes out.

The pricing is still stupid.

News Comments > Subscriber-Only Streams May Violate Terms of Service
3. Re: Subscriber-Only Streams May Violate Terms of Service Jul 1, 2019, 13:07 wtf_man

Hate to say it... but all they have to do is make a "free stream" some shit resolution like 240p, and give it poor bandwidth so it stutters / buffers alot.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
11. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 13:45 wtf_man

Get off the DRM launcher bandwagon and I'll buy stuff from the EGS store. Champion it like Jobs did with the Music industry for iTunes.

Otherwise, 1 is enough.... which happens to be well established.

If I can wait for stuff to come on to GOG... I can surely wait for exclusives of newer games to "expire" for Steam. (Which would be patched and most likely discounted by that point)

Bottom line... the exclusives strategy, by itself, won't work.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy 2.0 Closed Beta
4. Re: GOG Galaxy 2.0 Closed Beta Jun 25, 2019, 00:28 wtf_man

Yup. Love GOG... but will never use Galaxy.

At least you have a choice to download regular installers, and not be forced to run that crap. Too bad no other store “gets it”.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2019, 11:29 wtf_man

Not that I'd pre-order...but why the fuck would you do this on Steam and not GOG?

It's not like you have to load another launcher... in fact I don't use GOG Galaxy at all.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 4
5. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 4 Jun 13, 2019, 12:16 wtf_man

Ah... I didn't get that is was purposly supposed to be humorous, since I never go there. It looked like click-bait to me. Heh  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 2
3. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 2 Jun 12, 2019, 18:06 wtf_man

Yeah, it definitely needs polish... but looks ok for now. A little dissapointed that all the females are in flat shoes / boots. And yes... I'm stuck in the 80's when chicks dressed like Ho's with stilletos, leather mini skirts, and ratted-out hair.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support
25. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 18:02 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 14:17:
I wouldn't be surprised if the ray tracing gains on the next-gen cards are at least 30%-40%. Overall it wouldn't be that much faster, but could see it being so at ray tracing. Doesn't mean 30%-40% more frames, though, since right now most games only use some ray tracing.

I was referring specifically to Ray Tracing performance on the mainstream... so I agree with your assessment translating into overall performance.

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 10:57 wtf_man

Dev wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 10:40:
Why are people talking about $1300 cards? The 2070 is like $450 or so, and I picked up a 2080 for $650 or so. Those will do RTX just fine

Also, by the time this comes out, there will be the next gen of RTX cards out. I plan to sell mine and make that step up, and it shouldn't be much difference in cost. I used to keep my graphics cards for many years, but I'm going to try the sell and buy route now to upgrade.

Because (for me) I don't trust the future-proofing / investment length of the current 1st gen RTX. I've been burned before hoping on a new feature.

If the next gen is out by then... and the mainstream card is a quantum leap in performance from the current one... I'm aboard

16. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 10:38 wtf_man

nVidia needs to probably have a mainstream card with twice the Ray Tracing performance before I'd bite on the Ray Tracing thing.

I'm certainly not going to purchase the top end card for the ridiculous amount of money they want... and I'm not going to purchase a mainstream card that will be brought to it's knees by games like this and near future games (meaning the investment wouldn't last a year).

An RTX2080-ish card for $300... I'd be all over it for this game.

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Double Fine
9. Re: Microsoft Acquires Double Fine Jun 10, 2019, 12:48 wtf_man

Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 12:44:

Mark my words. Either Microsoft will close the studio in ~4 years, or Tim will leave it in ~3. There's no way Tim is going to stay under Microsoft's yoke for more than 5 years.

I did say "until retirement".

3-5 years suckling on MS teet... he'll be good to go.

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Double Fine
7. Re: Microsoft Acquires Double Fine Jun 10, 2019, 12:35 wtf_man

I'm fairly indiffernet to this one. Tim now has an MS teet to suckle on until retirement... and by then, MS will shut them down. So, he has his golden parachute.

Given that most of the stuff that has come out of his studio are remakes of the old Lucas Arts adventure games... I can't see this as totally bad unless the stuff ends up being Microsoft Store exclusives.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed
6. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 13:20 wtf_man

I'm one of those that liked the first game better. Got the 2nd one for free with some Ubisoft Offer... don't remember what it was.

I just couldn't get into the "hactivist" companion NPCs of the second game. I thought they were all lame, and the one with the emote characters on the sunglasses drove me up the wall.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 24, 2019, 12:40 wtf_man

What it aims to do is prohibit specifically “pay-to-play microtransactions” and “loot boxes.” It’s how these terms are defined, however, that will cause game developers and players the most headache. It would limit, for instance, the types of rewards that can be offered when players purchase “Collector’s Editions” of video games. Expansion packs that, aside from additional content, grant players competitive advantages over ones who don’t purchase them would be banned.

Doesn't sound crappy to me. Collectors editions and expansions that grant competitive advantages SHOULD be prohibited.

And here’s the kicker: This new law would also apply to any game that is “not a minor-oriented game” if the distributor or publisher has “constructive knowledge any of its users are under the age of 18.” That term, “constructive knowledge,” is legalese for information a company should be aware of, regardless of whether or not it actually is. (Try to imagine a game developer arguing in court it had no idea its product had ever been used by a minor.)

Again, Doesn't sound crappy to me. If the wording makes it so loot boxes and pay-to-win is banned across the board instead of "just for children"... I'm all for it.

This crap shouldn't be in games in the first place. If there isn't a complete "opt-out" setting in the game where you can't even see loot boxes (and the like)... then yes... ban them alltogether.

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II
2. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 22, 2019, 19:59 wtf_man

Uhh... isn't this an MMO?

Why would you limit your MMO client to one store?

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced
1. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Collector’s Edition Announced May 20, 2019, 19:27 wtf_man

Heh... I still haven't gotten my kickstarter backer version yet.

Just been too lazy with a a large backlog of games to figure out how to redeem for it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 17:27 wtf_man

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 15:27:
Android and Windows license revocation has a lot to do with tablets and phones though.

I understand where you are coming from. My point was that the ban wasn't because of those consumer devices. The affect on the consumer devices, I believe, was an unintended consequence of the ban.

I mean, the U.S. doesn't care if a huge population in an allied country is using a Huawei tablet, laptop, or phone. They really only care about if a G-men here needing to talk to a G-men there... and there is a Huawei device somewhere in the path, evesdropping.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2019, 17:38.

3179 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo