Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for TheBigVlad

Real Name TheBigVlad   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 25, 2003, 20:36
Total Comments 127 (Novice)
User ID 19498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Morning Patches Jul 18, 2019, 11:20 TheBigVlad

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 20:09:
Awesome video about Dead Cells... what an excellent game! Interesting little bit of inside design info! Very interesting design theory on the controls, although I think everybody could infer their auto-level design ideas after playing awhile.

I need to play some more Dead Cells now.

Dead Cells is fantastic but it's insanely difficult now, with the newer enemies that they put in recently. I managed to beat it on the second highest difficulty shortly after release. Never beat it on the highest difficulty. I tried to come back again recently but got slaughtered. Might not be so bad once I get used to the new mobs. Practice makes perfect...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo 4 Speculation
15. Re: Morning Patches Jun 25, 2019, 01:51 TheBigVlad

Rehire Matt Uleman to do the soundtrack and I'll buy it for that alone. Also it would be nice if they hired actual writers. The ridiculous dialog and storytelling in Diablo 3 made me laugh out loud so often that it kind of killed the mood. It's supposed to be dark, gothic, and gritty. But it was just goofy as hell.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Patches Jun 19, 2019, 16:14 TheBigVlad

Well that's just depressing. I'll never stop being amazed at how much people spend on loot boxes, particularly on mobile games. If you would have told me 15 years ago that this would become a hugely profitable business model, I would have laughed in your face. I know it's mostly whales but I personally know of one guy who regularly spent $500-$1000 monthly on... Legend of War or whatever game it was, and he's a lower middle class dude.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 17, 2019, 14:51 TheBigVlad

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 14:07:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 13:40:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 11:18:
Russia, you never go full Streisand.

To be fair, there are lots of inaccuracies with the miniserie ( see
this ), but to go to such lengths is a bit nuts...
She missed the part about the show being a DocuDrama.

Yea, I've been seeing a lot online lately about how the show wasn't 100% accurate. Like... no shit? It got everything right that it needed to get right. People enjoy nitpicking I guess.

1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 12, 2019, 12:11 TheBigVlad

I just watched the Deadwood movie a few days ago and, while I enjoyed it quite a bit, I was a bit underwhelmed. The story wasn't very exciting and ends kind of abruptly, but I understand that there's only so much they can cram into a 2 hour movie. I would have liked to see them do one last season, even a condensed season of 5 episodes or so. Still, great writing as usual and it was nice seeing all of my favorite characters again (minus Cy... too bad).  

News Comments > PC Shenmue III an Epic Games Store Exclusive
2. Re: Morning Patches Jun 10, 2019, 22:53 TheBigVlad

I had no interest in this game anyway but that statement is so insulting.

Yea sure, buying the game on EGS will automatically make it more fun than if it were bought from somewhere else. Does EGS provide a tool that runs a 'fun enhancement' algorithm through the game assets, altering code to fix bugs and add desirable features to the game automatically?

6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 8, 2019, 18:45 TheBigVlad

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 13:41:
The CIA spy was also present when they hid the scientist's report of what could go wrong with the RBMK reactor because of the way it was designed.
The CIA spy was present during the planning of the failed test.
The CIA spy was EVERYWHERE.

https://www.oecd-nea.org/rp/chernobyl/c01.html

Last week I stepped on a tack barefoot while getting out of bed. It must have been planted there by the CIA.

In all seriousness though, the US has had plenty of scandals that Russia could turn into a movie/series to make us look bad, but to pretend we had anything to do with Chernobyl is quite silly.

6. Re: Morning Patches May 19, 2019, 16:32 TheBigVlad

Pigeon wrote on May 19, 2019, 15:08:
Unfortunate the writing quality took such a nose dive in the last season. Setting aside the obvious, it looks like shit and smells like shit, the biggest indication are the number of people trying to fill in the blanks by offering their own take on character actions. Hopefully the last weeks episode was the worst, but I fear in their increasing haste to wrap everything up the worst has yet to come.

I thought last week's episode was the best of the season, and one of the best in quite a while. I was utterly confused at all the negativity I was seeing. There were a few issues but I thought the characters actions made sense for the most part.

I do hope the spin-offs they are working on leave out most of the magic/dragon stuff and focus on the characters. That was always the best part of early GoT - the politics, intrigue, and backstabbing involving interesting characters.

News Comments > What is RAGE 2?
6. Re: Morning Patches Apr 25, 2019, 21:56 TheBigVlad

KezClone wrote on Apr 25, 2019, 21:11:
Hopefully it's a lot better than their first one. Recipient of my most negative Steam review. I've tried 3 different times to install and play this game through but I just can't stand the texture pop-ins.

Rage, Steam review

I believe there was a mod or parameter adjustment that mostly eliminated the texture pop-in at the cost of a huge performance hit, but yea it was really bad. I though that art style was fantastic though. You say it was "designed to look good in screen shots" and I think that's a good way of putting it.

News Comments > Oxygen Not Included Next Month
2. Re: Morning Patches Apr 17, 2019, 11:27 TheBigVlad

This game is a lot of fun. The only issue I ever had was that it can be difficult to refactor an existing base once you've unlocked new techs, etc. It pays to have a general idea of what your base layout will be so you can plan ahead. I'm sure it gets easier once you've got the tech and mechanics of the game nailed down, but I was never able to get to the 'end game' because I kept having to redo big chunks of my base. Still, I come back to it from time to time and whenever I do, I thoroughly enjoy my time with it.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Trailer
14. Re: Morning Patches Apr 12, 2019, 11:20 TheBigVlad

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:53:
Xero wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:10:

P.S Mad Max (also made by Avalanche Studios) is highly underrated. Definitely worth it if you need a post apocalyptic game for under 10 bucks at this point.

EXACTLY !

..and this game is looking to be bigger, badder and better in every way. It should be a great time.

Agree with Mad Max being worth picking up. It can get a little tedious later in the game, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it overall.

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Coming to Steam
10. Re: Morning Patches Mar 14, 2019, 09:27 TheBigVlad

intermarer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 03:12:
Don't know much about it, but have a look at Caves of Qud maybe?

Caves of Qud is worth looking into, but I personally I found it just depressing and completely devoid of any joy at all. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though because I'm generally not into those kinds of games anyway. I prefer Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld because of the base building and management aspect, and Caves of Qud doesn't have that. It basically plays like the adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress. So you might like it if that's what you're into.

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Coming to Steam
4. Re: Morning Patches Mar 13, 2019, 20:40 TheBigVlad

Looks neat but I hope they overhaul the dreadful UI. That is the only thing that could get me to buy it on Steam and use it over the free version.  

News Comments > Chex Quest HD Trailer
4. Re: Morning Patches Feb 25, 2019, 12:40 TheBigVlad

More evidence that 1996 was the best year for PC gaming. Quake, Diablo, Duke 3D, Chex Quest... it was a great time to be a young PC gamer.  

News Comments > January 2019 Digital Game Sales
5. Re: Morning Patches Feb 25, 2019, 12:21 TheBigVlad

Red Dead Redemption 2 Online (beta) fails to pick up momentum.

Well it's in Beta and it (apparently) is lacking in content so I don't think anyone expected anything different. I want to try it but I'm not interested in PvP so I'm waiting until they address griefing. Looks like a big patch is scheduled for tomorrow that adds/fixes a bunch of stuff so that might be the time to give it a go.

No surprise that FIFA is on top. I know of four people personally that do not play any games whatsoever, except FIFA. They own PS4s and the FIFA games are the only games they've ever purchased.

10. Re: Morning Patches Feb 8, 2019, 23:49 TheBigVlad

Beamer wrote on Feb 8, 2019, 09:38:
Kain wrote on Feb 8, 2019, 09:26:
Wow I had no idea, I guess his investment people did well by him.

Nike. He makes more money a year now than he did playing, and it's largely the Air Jordan brand doing it. In 2014, Nike gave him $100M. That's more than he made in his entire basketball career combined.

I didn't even know Air Jordans were still a thing. That's nuts. The guy hasn't played in over 15 years and his brand is still going strong. I do remember being a kid in school in the 90s and wanting a pair so bad but we were too poor to afford it. Jordan really transcended the sport like no one else. I never cared about basketball at all but I always enjoyed watching him play.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. Re: Morning Patches Jan 22, 2019, 13:23 TheBigVlad

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 11:20:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 11:13:
Yes we would mostly all pay a little more... but the asshats in congress wouldn't be paying 15% while the rest of us are paying higher percentage brackets. Everyone would be paying the same percentage, which is fair.
It is difficult to define "fair" in this context. But I suspect a very large majority would prefer a graduated/progressive tax system. There were plenty of extremely rich people even when the top bracket was 90%..

Yea, I'm curious how having everyone pay the same percentage is somehow "fair". I mean, why stop there? Why not have everyone pay $20,000/year in federal taxes. Wouldn't that be more fair? If you think that a flat percentage is fair, then you already agree that the rich should pay more than the poor, so the debate really is just about how much more the people that have benefited the most from our economic system should pay in taxes, than those who have been less fortunate. I don't see why it's so radical, then, to suggest a slight tweak to those numbers.

13. Re: Morning Patches Dec 31, 2018, 02:48 TheBigVlad

El Pit wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 13:42:
Damn... I loved Lam's older movies. Cover Hard is a masterpiece!

I hadn't heard of that movie so I looked it up on IMDB. Turn's out it's an alternate title for Full Contact (which is what I know it as), my favorite HK action film.

News Comments > On ATLAS' Launch
6. Re: Morning Patches Dec 29, 2018, 16:55 TheBigVlad

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 16:03:
El Pit wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 15:48:
Don't be hasty! A few years in early access should help... AFTER the release of a lot of dlc people can buy, of course. Bugfixing should always be done after you have made money, right?

Why bother fixing the bugs at all. YOU'VE ALREADY GOT THE MONEY. On to the next game!

They'll keep a skeleton crew working on tiny updates here and there just so they can say 'Hey look, we're still updating the game! We're still in Early Access so go easy on us!'.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Content and Free Weekend
2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 6, 2018, 23:47 TheBigVlad

Can I join a random pub game and expect to do ok as a total newb? I have had this game installed for a long time but I only tried it once, and that was solo. I got crushed but it was kind of fun.  

127 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo