Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for TheBigVlad

Real Name TheBigVlad   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 25, 2003, 20:36
Total Comments 142 (Novice)
User ID 19498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Morning Patches Oct 12, 2019, 22:46 TheBigVlad

Cutter wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 16:09:
Always liked Forster - particularly in Jackie Brown. That's a great flick and one I haven't rewatched in way too long. Think I'll give it a whirl.

I didn't know who Robert Forster was until I watched Jackie Brown for the first time, and I loved him in that movie. Great character actor, one of the best. I nearly shat myself with glee when he showed up in Breaking Bad. He was perfect for that part.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lost Viking: Kingdom of Women Announced
4. Re: Morning Patches Sep 27, 2019, 23:35 TheBigVlad

NKD wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 20:39:
What are you two babbling about? Did you even watch the trailer? You play as a dude looking for his damsels in distress who have been captured.

Well the description does contain multiple trigger words like 'women' and 'diversified' and that's enough to make some people go apeshit.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Getting Mounts
5. Re: Morning Patches Sep 27, 2019, 14:41 TheBigVlad

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 10:59:
so i just did the free weekend and I only got to play ~5 hours of it.

Anyways, took a while to realize to get new blueprints you need to spend points in a tab to learn how to make weapons. I was trying to kill some exiles with pick axe and tree axe and kept dying to bleed out before I could finish. Once I figured out I only needed to spend 2 points to get a giant stone maul that would kill guys in 3 swings it became stupid easy for that combat side.

So then I made a house, armor crafting and got some better gear. Was in the south desert/oasis type area for the entire time.

My opinion, which is very limited to 5 hours obviously:

Game is janky, combat was boring and silly. NPCs were really horribly programmed for attacking. This is the starter zone so I can see how this is probably on purpose but jesus it looked bad.

Crafting is whatever.. it's boring and makes me wonder why people love this tedious stuff.

The good:
Climbing anything is really cool.

Honestly, not sure how people lasted more than 10 hours in this game if the first 15-25 levels are in the starter zone.

Your thoughts on the game mirror mine almost exactly. There are mods that help with some of the issues I have with the game (mods that make crafting and gathering less tedious, etc.), but no mod will ever be able to fix the silly combat and AI. It still feels like an early access game. Maybe it was designed primarily as a PvP game, and PvE was an afterthought. I have no interest in PvP so I didn't bother with it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Nearly 30 years ago, Mortal Kombatís blood forever changed the video game industry. Sep 14, 2019, 09:14 TheBigVlad

When Mortal Kombat came out for consoles, I got shit from my friends in elementary school for picking up the bloodless SNES version (where the blood was replaced with... sweat) over the bloody Genesis version, when I owned both consoles. I guess even back then I was a graphics whore and the SNES version just looked and sounded so much better. Luckily, MKII on SNES was left uncensored.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
49. Re: Morning Patches Sep 13, 2019, 17:46 TheBigVlad

Hellcinder wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 16:16:
I've played 30 minutes so far and I enjoy it. I'm not looking for gripping art house drama. I wasn't a fan of the pre-sequel but I enjoyed BL1&2. Claptrap's a knucklehead, we get an intro with music and mayhem and we get Marcus giving us a story. No different then 20+ James Bond movies.

Played for a few hours last night and feel the same way. Better than Pre-Sequel and at least on par with BL1&2 so far. Haven't encountered any bugs yet but I haven't played multiplayer. The game is exactly what I expected from a third game in the main series. I can't really see any BL fans being horribly disappointed with this one. People call it Borderlands 2.5 and that's fair, but Borderlands 2 was basically Borderlands 1.5 anyway. The mechanics haven't changed much throughout the series but that doesn't bother me.

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
86. Re: Morning Patches Sep 2, 2019, 01:45 TheBigVlad

Wow... I've got nothing to add to this thread except that I really hope that some of the posters in here never, ever have daughters of their own. Yikes!  

1. 10 Video Games You Can Never Finish Aug 30, 2019, 11:06 TheBigVlad

I feel like about half of the games I played in the 80s on my Commodore 64 should be on that list.  

News Comments > Joe Rogan's John Carmack Interview
16. Re: Morning Patches Aug 30, 2019, 00:03 TheBigVlad

Sepharo wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 23:36:
edit: Took me a bit to find his old site since it switched from .net to .com ... but here's some ancient shit:
https://web.archive.org/web/20000816025351/http://www.joerogan.net/main.html

Looks kind of familiar don't it?

Oh he's got he "Favorite Links" section and everything!

News Comments > Joe Rogan's John Carmack Interview
4. Re: Morning Patches Aug 29, 2019, 12:10 TheBigVlad

Watched this last night. It was fantastic. I could listen to JC talk all day long about pretty much anything. You can tell he has the deep intellectual curiosity that motivates the best kinds of engineers.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 21:59 TheBigVlad

Imagine taking a girl out on a date to a restaurant and have a nice dinner. Everyone's having a good time. But when it comes time to pay, it's all ruined when you pull out your flimsy plastic non-Apple credit card, and she recoils in horror and disgust at your uncivilized barbarism. She demands a ride home and never speaks to you again. You don't want to be that guy. Be cultured. Choose Apple.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 11, 2019, 05:23 TheBigVlad

Looks like they de-aged De Niro and Pesci for that last scene. They did a pretty good job. Hope the movie is good.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Morning Patches Aug 6, 2019, 00:48 TheBigVlad

jdreyer wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 22:15:
I need to see this in the theater.

I saw it in the theater with my dad (he saw it previously and was raving about it) and at one point I had to get up to take a piss. I missed the entire lobby fight scene. Terrible timing. My dad managed to find a poor quality clip of it online and showed it to me. Wish I'd been in the theater for that.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Jul 25, 2019, 13:17 TheBigVlad

In the RAGE 2 update:

Quality of Life Improvements
Pop-up notifications no longer pause the game

Jesus Christ it's about time. I finished this 2 months ago so it doesn't help me but this was supremely annoying. Totally killed the flow of the game when it happened, and it happened constantly. Did no one bring up how idiotic this was during playtesting? I guess not.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Morning Patches Jul 24, 2019, 20:47 TheBigVlad

[NDT] Rufus wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 19:42:
It's getting painful watching the 20th century blink out of existence, with the passing of each pop culture icon. I think I always expected there to be new icons...new heroes...but it doesn't seem like anyone is stepping up. I haven't been excited about any movies in I don't know how long. I'm tired of superhero flicks. Today's music sucks. I guess I'm just getting old. My 6 year old was listening to some song named Old Town Road the other day, and I was like WTF is this garbage. /endrant

Yea it's just about getting old. The next gen has their own icons (or will discover them in time) but we don't recognize them as such. To any kids who grew up on today's superhero movies, Robert Downey Jr. may be their Harrison Ford, and he will always be their Iron Man.

News Comments > June 2019 Digital Game Revenue
3. Re: Morning Patches Jul 24, 2019, 17:12 TheBigVlad

Looks like Days Gone was a pretty big hit financially, which is surprising. The reviews of the game were very mixed when it came out. While the game has some issues, I quite enjoyed it. It's the kind of AA game that I'd like to see more of.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Morning Patches Jul 18, 2019, 11:20 TheBigVlad

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 20:09:
Awesome video about Dead Cells... what an excellent game! Interesting little bit of inside design info! Very interesting design theory on the controls, although I think everybody could infer their auto-level design ideas after playing awhile.

I need to play some more Dead Cells now.

Dead Cells is fantastic but it's insanely difficult now, with the newer enemies that they put in recently. I managed to beat it on the second highest difficulty shortly after release. Never beat it on the highest difficulty. I tried to come back again recently but got slaughtered. Might not be so bad once I get used to the new mobs. Practice makes perfect...

News Comments > Diablo 4 Speculation
15. Re: Morning Patches Jun 25, 2019, 01:51 TheBigVlad

Rehire Matt Uleman to do the soundtrack and I'll buy it for that alone. Also it would be nice if they hired actual writers. The ridiculous dialog and storytelling in Diablo 3 made me laugh out loud so often that it kind of killed the mood. It's supposed to be dark, gothic, and gritty. But it was just goofy as hell.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Patches Jun 19, 2019, 16:14 TheBigVlad

Well that's just depressing. I'll never stop being amazed at how much people spend on loot boxes, particularly on mobile games. If you would have told me 15 years ago that this would become a hugely profitable business model, I would have laughed in your face. I know it's mostly whales but I personally know of one guy who regularly spent $500-$1000 monthly on... Legend of War or whatever game it was, and he's a lower middle class dude.  

6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 17, 2019, 14:51 TheBigVlad

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 14:07:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 13:40:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 11:18:
Russia, you never go full Streisand.

To be fair, there are lots of inaccuracies with the miniserie ( see
this ), but to go to such lengths is a bit nuts...
She missed the part about the show being a DocuDrama.

Yea, I've been seeing a lot online lately about how the show wasn't 100% accurate. Like... no shit? It got everything right that it needed to get right. People enjoy nitpicking I guess.

1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 12, 2019, 12:11 TheBigVlad

I just watched the Deadwood movie a few days ago and, while I enjoyed it quite a bit, I was a bit underwhelmed. The story wasn't very exciting and ends kind of abruptly, but I understand that there's only so much they can cram into a 2 hour movie. I would have liked to see them do one last season, even a condensed season of 5 episodes or so. Still, great writing as usual and it was nice seeing all of my favorite characters again (minus Cy... too bad).  

142 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo