Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 373 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 23:48 MacLeod

Ask me Anything... but I won't answer a legitimate question about HL2:E3.

Truthfully, that question deserved an answer. Understanding not saying anything about HL3 makes sense, as Valve never officially announced it. But continuing to not say anything about HL2:E3, which WAS a product and the conclusion to the episodes thing that you fucking charged people for, is still a dick move.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans
9. Re: Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans Jan 14, 2017, 15:12 MacLeod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 13:51:
"
I'd give 60 bucks for a solid, online version of M:tG with variable rules and ALL the cards, none of the current nonsense versions, and the ability to play 2+ person games.

Considering that (according to a 2007 article) Magic Online constitutes 30% to 50% of their Magic business, I doubt that they would remove the "collecting" aspect of the game.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
6. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 13:24 MacLeod

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 13:10:
Based on recent events, I'm going to guess Russian prostitutes.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
4. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 13:08 MacLeod

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 11:50:
Wasteland 2 CEs shipped months after the game came out. People who pledge for physical tiers are lowlife scum in inXile land and get treated as such. Remember how they excluded physical Torment CE backers from beta/early access at first, i.e. how people who pledged $40 for digital got in but people who pledged $100+ for physical got the finger of love?
Well, I got the message loud and clear. I have not backed (after TToN) and I will never back anything that is developed by these assholes ever again. IF my physical Torment CE ever gets here, I'll prolly just trash it right away so I won't have to endure the sight of a product made my total wankers.

Yes. That's how I really feel. Thanks for asking!

Wow... who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Yes. The WL2 physical rewards came after the digital release... They shipped standard editions the next month, and the CE took until December... they were pretty quick in letting everyone know that they had a delay and apologized for it. To top that off, the physical editions came with digital copies, so you could still play the game at launch. Geez. Drama queen much?

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Jan 11, 2017, 12:01 MacLeod

The Pyro wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 09:49:
I had no trouble getting the best ME3 ending without multiplayer. Having a good ME2 save file helps a ton, though. There are lots of bad consequences in ME3 which can only be avoided if you made the right decisions in previous games. If you start ME3 fresh then there are fewer opportunities to increase your readiness score.

Did you play at release though, with no DLC, or later? I still say it was not mathematically possible to get enough EMS at launch. A perfect save from ME2 let you get it at 8000 War assets (4000 EMP at 50% readiness) while without the import, you would need 10000 war assets (5000 EMP at 50% readiness). The only way to raise the readiness multiplier was multiplayer or the datapad app.

I also know I wouldn't have wasted my time with alarms on my phone reminding me when to take my next turn on that damn boring app if I didn't have to.

Now, later they lowered the EMP required to 3200 I believe (which is obtainable) and, from what I see online, they added the galaxy at war stuff from the datapad app to the game in some way if you have a linked origin account active, so you can raise it that way.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Jan 11, 2017, 09:58 MacLeod

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 23:42:
Personally, I think Bioware deserved all the flak they got over their original ending, as it was horseshit. Choose which color explosion you want to destroy the galaxy with! But they've genuinely worked at making it better, within the confines of the terrible fucking Reaper story line that Mac Walters came up with, so I do think people should cut them a little slack on it. Their attitude at the time was bullshit (we're the artists, we know best! Fuck off!), but they eventually caved and tried their best to make it better.

I always thought the one thing that would have redeemed the ending, was if that fan theory that Shepard had actually been indoctrinated by the reapers was correct and the final DLC show that. As someone who had done both Paragon and Renegade playthroughs on the original game, but always used the Paragon play as my canon storyline,

I felt "bleh" at the end of ME3, not just because of the "choose a color" ending, but because the "correct" green (compromise) ending was the synthesis ending, which didn't sit right with me. Something about forcing the bio-mech merge... which is what Saren was like in the first game. It seems to play into a different Reaper strategy.

Same with the Control (blue - by game color scheme the seemingly paragon) ending, as that would make you the illusive man, and theres no guarantee of you being able to control them. It's ego personified.

That left me with only the Destroy (red - also by game color scheme seemingly renegade) ending. This was what I ended up doing. It wasn't easy to choose, as I felt horrible for AI and Geth. But it was the horrible choice to make to remove the scourge from all future generations without forcing people to spontaniously become a different organism. AI can always be recreated.

To me the Red/Blue choices were exactly reversed of what they should be. Which would be perfectly explained by a Shepard Indoctrinated theory... and it also makes ME3 a stronger game because the developers would literally have the player indoctrinated as well, not realizing what they were doing because they have been steered to the path the whole game, and associated blue with paragon and red with renegade.

I'll definitely have to give that Citadel DLC a try then. Though I never really wanted a smiles and fun all around ending... I expected the end to be very destruction and death filled, but more fulfilling.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 21:52 MacLeod

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 21:11:
No, you could. Just. It basically required you to be able to make peace between the Geth and the Quarians so you got both of them in your warscore (iow, sucks to be you if you made some 'wrong' decisions in ME2) , you had to save the Krogan, etc. You were able to get a few hundred points over the amount required for the best ending, but it was a LOT of work. I think I finished the first time with 200 points over or so.

Are you sure you didn't play after DLC or something? This has been eating at my brain for quite awhile now, since I specifically remember doing the datapad app constantly so that I didn't play multiplayer, and I know I finished all the side mission stuff. even looking at posts and ME wiki conversations, they all point to only about 3700 EMS, or 4012 EMS with DLC (the latter of which would get you the best ending if you were full renegade or paragon).

If you didn't play Multiplayer at all, that would require 8000 war assets (50% readiness)... i can't see that being possible at ME3 launch. (without multiplayer or the datapad app)

(This Mass Effect talk reminds me that I really should go back and play the DLC and do a Renegade playthough of the game... Played ME1 3 or 4 times 100% through (all side quests), ME2 at least twice complete, but the ME3 ending was so bad that I just quit and never even bothered going back for DLC.)

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles
10. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles Jan 10, 2017, 21:37 MacLeod

El Pit wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 17:01:
Putting Carnival of Souls in one list with Plan 9 makes my head explode. It's like putting E.T. The Atari Game and Baldur's Gate on the same list. CoS is a brilliant b movie, while Plan 9... Well... It is something you got to witness like a train wreck to believe it, but it is not even a c movie.

I'm glad someone else made this point.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 20:03 MacLeod

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 16:36:
Well, technically you didn't have to, but the score requirements were so stupidly high that in order to get it with the sp game alone, you literally had to do every single quest perfectly to make it.

I thought when it first came out you actually couldn't get the best score with just the in game SP stuff. I remember playing the mobile app thing they had to gain readiness score, and I generally finish every quest in ME games.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
18. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Dec 30, 2016, 10:46 MacLeod

Peter M. Smith wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 07:28:
HBS's BattleTech game will not be a 1:1 port of the tabletop game. Jordan and Ross said that when the Kickstarter went live. Rather it'll be a game that feels like BattleTech without all the annoying minutia, much like their Shadowrun games have been.

It's odd to me... it made sense that you don't do a 1:1 port of Shadowrun rules, since it was an RPG and the mechanics were a bit much. It seems odder not to make a near 1:1 port of the Battletech rules though, since the minutia would be handled by the computer anyway. It only really got complex in actual mech design, which would really mostly be handled by the game, if they even allow custom mechs.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2016, 10:43 MacLeod

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 21:57:
IIRC, the Heavy Gear series was made by the MechWarrior 2 in-house team at Activision, since license craziness led to MechWarrior 3 being developed by Zipper Interactive and published by Microprose. In other words, Heavy Gear was what Activision made when it couldn't make a sequel to MechWarrior 2.

Well, they got the Heavy Gear license because of that... But the actual Heavy Gear universe was around for a few years already as a tabletop game (like Battletech/Mechwarrior). Our gaming group always referred to the game as "Mechs On Skates"... because the mechs had treads on their feet. heh.

News Comments > DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month
2. Re: DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month Dec 26, 2016, 13:52 MacLeod

I don't even understand why they went with NES looking graphics, when they could have went with a version that looked like the original arcade Double Dragon, which had way better graphics than the NES version.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
3. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 25, 2016, 14:05 MacLeod

BadIronTree wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 13:30:
Everything for that extra ad revenue ... This is how facts died
R.I.P. ???-2016

WTF are you rambling about? They had an article on this yesterday. This morning, CR makes a post on the SC forums to clarify transition and Blue linked that with literally the text from the article. How the fuck does that equate to "facts dying"??

This is something I see constantly from SC supporters everytime there's SC news that gets reported on... it becomes "You're only reporting this for the ad revenue"... but if they didn't mention this, you'd be bitching in another thread about not covering the full fucking story.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 23, 2016, 10:46 MacLeod

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 10:04:
Where is a VR Tron Disc Arena game?!?

Confined movement constraints (since you'd only be on a small disk) and a hand based throwing mechanic that doesn't require much precision or complexity... you'd think that someone would have thought about how genius a Tron Disc game would be in VR...

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour
3. Re: Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour Dec 19, 2016, 10:43 MacLeod

It's certainly odd to be playing an RE game in 1st person.

Getting by the monster in the basement without getting hit was a pain. But managed to finish it with escaping and finding all 5 of the murder entries to be written in the notebook to get the coin that's supposed to unlock something in the main game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2016, 15:35 MacLeod

1badmf wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 15:10:
just to be clear, you're being metaphorical right? not talking about lima beans and nice Chianti FTH-TH-TH-TH-TH-TH type of deal here are we?

Might want to try fava beans. Might work better with that Chianti.

News Comments > ROM: Extraction Released
6. Re: ROM: Extraction Released Dec 8, 2016, 08:44 MacLeod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 22:37:
Same.. that definitely says something about the general age and nerdiness level of Bluesnews.

I don't think ROM (Space Knight) has had a comic in... like 15 years?

IDW started a new series in 2015. (Original comics were Marvel, but they lost the license from Parker Brothers. Think their last ROM comic was 85 or 86. They did a Spaceknights miniseries in the early naughts, but ROM was never shown or mentioned, only as his new name and in Human form.)

And I think there were plans of doing a weird shared GI Joe, Micronauts and ROM movie universe at one point.

EDIT: just looked at wikipedia page... it was a shared movie universe of GI Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light and MASK.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 16:45 MacLeod

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 16:32:
I must have played a different GW2 than everyone here so far.

I found the end-game content to be non-existent and/or boring. You could fight world bosses as a group, but it was essentially just a zerg fest, with no actual coordination or strategy required.

World PvP was the exact same. Just a giant glob of people relentlessly attacking wooden doors all day/night.

I did enjoy the questing while leveling as an Asura, but got bored quickly once max level was reached.

Yea... was going to say the same thing. lol.

(Though some of the newer world bosses did actually require some coordination - Great Jungle Worm for example)

I also despise the side effect of F2P game design: "Lets not actually put any cool stuff in the game and just keep putting everything in the gem store". And they even screwed that up introducing outfits, so you can't even mix and match cool looking gear with each other to make a unique outfit anymore with gem store stuff.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2016, 10:57 MacLeod

Great... so I'll have to deal with the obnoxious "I know everything" attitude of Damien Wayne. Ugh. Worst comic idea ever.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
25. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 11:22 MacLeod

Man I really hate the new Steam front page for the store. Before, there was a list format with tabs for sales, new releases and popular. It was really easy to quickly glance at everything. Now Everything is giant logo buttons that are a pain in the ass to look at, and I have to go to sub-pages to get to full lists of anything.  

373 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo