Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
6. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 12:18 MacLeod

TMGeorge wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 11:41:
Maybe they should start addressing the fucking cheaters.

They banned over 150,000 in Sept and another 322,000 in October... They seem to be at least addressing the issue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2017, 15:11 MacLeod

So... now, in addition to glitching, speedruns can be completed by multiple people in segments and then put together to form one "unbeatable" run.

*shakes head*

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
9. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 15:09 MacLeod

Icewind wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:24:
I remember not being able to beat the first boss, the phantom dog, in Witcher 1. Had to restart and re-spec Geralt as a mage to better do it. I learned though. Ended up having a great time going through it a couple times. The game was clunky, but you could see how different it was and how much potential there was for more.

I hope they continue with that forward progression in their design.

That was the most bizarre fighting experience I had in that game... I had tried over and over (probably about 20 times) and couldn't do it.

Then fought it again in group style (which I had tried before), and beat the hound and all the barghasts in about 20 seconds. No clue what the difference was.

EDIT: Well, that and the fact that I somehow didn't understand the combat THE ENTIRE PROLOGUE. I thought it was click-hold wait-for-prompt and click-hold again. I was like this is really clunky. Then when I couldn't get past the barghasts attacking the girl, posted asking about it, and someone was like... it's just click-wait-click... yea... that made the game 100x easier. I like to think I was purposefully playing on hard-mode the entire beginning of the game. lol.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 09:28 MacLeod

I haven't been following this game too closely. Can someone who has tell me whether this goes back more towards AC1 and AC2 where it's me as an assassin, instead of the micromanaging assassin companies and pirate fleets of the latter games? I get that some people were into that, but I honestly preferred the former.

News Comments > Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA
4. Re: Totes Malotes Oct 6, 2017, 12:46 MacLeod

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:41:
So if I don't know what Twitch Prime is, should I be enraged or excited? Will I still be able to use 1-click. Will this affect my Whole Foods Cafe purchases. Did I use affect when I should have used effect.
So confused.

Nope. You are correct in using affect.

News Comments > Emulation and the Law
3. Re: etc. Sep 30, 2017, 17:34 MacLeod

Rilcon wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 17:00:
Atlus kinda extremely sound like high-level assholes... I mean, they're not selling any more copies of PS3 games, so this reeks of lawyers doing something assholish and ultimately detrimental to everyone affected and involved just to justify their absurd paychecks.

Well, Persona 5 was just released this April (for PS3 and PS4) so it is a new game... but it seems odd that they could DMCA an emulator that doesn't emulate their hardware.

Mind you, they were the company that threatened people if they were streaming their game earlier this year (Persona 5 as well).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 17:00 MacLeod

DangerDog wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 14:14:
actually the article says only one of the kids will be playing as a human in the movie, the rest are going to be child Na'vi maybe?

Three are playing the children of Jake and Neytiri, three are playing other Na'vi. The article on comingsoon actually had character names and roles.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 15:22 MacLeod

Verno wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 14:50:

Mr Mercedes is fucking great, you should watch it dude! It has that amazing weirdness and watchability that marks Kings best stuff to me. No one writes human characters like King does and TV is by far the more preferable platform for his work since the longer runtimes allows for his characterization to shine.

On the other hand sometimes you get The Langoliers

Langoliers... oh god.

TV does seem to work better for King (I thought "It" the movie was actually done really well, though part of me wondered what it would have been like if they had the same cast and production team do a three-part HBO series... they could have gotten the entire Loser's Club section done with nothing cut - well except "that" scene. lol. )

Part of me really hopes they still get to do the Dark Tower series they were planning (since they said they were going to stick closer to source), and after they finish they just say "fuck movies, lets just do the whole thing as a series."

10. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 14:21 MacLeod

Verno wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 13:25:
Look it was a mediocre film.

I was more responding to your "3 movie" comment. The rest was more towards the previous posts "a lot of people didn't like", indicating that, clearly, enough people did that it made that much money.

Yes, the Transformers movies are horrible, and they made money, but only two of them broke 1 billion worldwide. Avatar did 2.7 billion worldwide... its the highest grossing movie worldwide, followed by Titanic, both Cameron films. Only one more has even broke 2 billion. While box office isn't everything, those numbers are not easily dismissable. You're correct, it isn't a direct correlation to quality but clearly, there's something that clicks with people, as those numbers don't come from one-and-done films.

Side note: how is Mr Mercedes? Been on a Stephen King kick lately and was thinking of starting to watch it.

8. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 12:46 MacLeod

Beamer wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 11:13:
I hate when people call hate trendy. Of course, this just means you enjoyed it when it was in vogue to enjoy it. Maybe you were the one following the trends, eh?

The movie was garbage. The plot was trash. The acting was trash. The effects were great, particularly the 3D... who really thinks it has a chance at repeating those numbers?

I don't call hate trendy in general. Avatar is a specific case. According to Rotten Tomatoes, 84% of the critics like the movie, 82% of the audience liked it. When it came out, most of the reviews and audience reactions were its great. Then after the movie had been out a while, all of a sudden people started hating on the movie more and more, and it became almost the thing to do.

I also don't think the plot was trash. Was it some masterpiece? No. It was an enjoyable sci-fi take on the western/outsider archetype. It was definitely a paint-by-numbers plot though, but painted well enough. I wouldn't even call the acting bad, except for Sam Worthington, who I don't think can act his way out of a paper-bag. The rest of the cast did a well enough job. Unfortunately he was the main character.

I'm not sure Cameron is even betting it's going to do that much business now... but even if they make half of that, and half of that for each consecutive movie (so 1.2 billion, 600m, 300m and 150m - which is going lower than each will probably make), that's 2.25 billion in take, and the plan is to do all for for 1 billion.

Personally, I think Cameron waited too long for the sequels... 11 years is a long time, and I think he's a bit nuts to do four. But I also know that the guy hasn't had a box office failure yet, and he's also crazy into the effects side of things, so there's a good possibility of more tech innovation to come out of this, and result in more box office than I think it's going to make.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 10:50 MacLeod

Fathom events is actually showing "The Princess Bride" on the big screen in October for the 30th too.  

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 10:32 MacLeod

Verno wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 09:11:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 01:57:
Bundy wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 22:24:
It does have James Cameron behind it. And he did make the last successful one, so maybe that'll do the trick. If it doesn't, nothing will.

On the other hand, his last movie was Avatar, which lots of people don't like.

Agreed and to expand on your point, he believes so much in Avatar that hes making 3 new ones. I get that everyone loves money but god damn, dude could make money doing anything and Avatar is his fucking passion project.

4 new ones. And people can say what they want about Avatar, but the movie made 760 million domestic, and 2 billion internationally... so obviously people were going to see it.

I personally found Avatar an enjoyable movie, and the 3D has been the only movie I've actually enjoyed in a theater. i find a lot of the hate came afterwards, when it became in vogue to hate it.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Adding Survival Mode
13. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Adding Survival Mode Sep 28, 2017, 09:50 MacLeod

Caladell wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 22:44:
Yep, and word is, Chesko himself is making this mod. This whole creation club nonsense is just weird.

Wasn't that the modder who, when they tried to launch paid Skyrim mods 2 years ago on Steam, immediately pulled his free mods and put everything on paid Workshop, then had at least one of them pulled because he didn't get permission to use something from another modder whose work was used?

News Comments > EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced
6. Re: EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced Sep 21, 2017, 19:40 MacLeod

xLith wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 12:58:
Was still fun before Daybreak bought them. After they cancelled EQ Next, I stopped playing though. Will not support any games from Daybreak. Pantheon is at least looking like a decent successor to the original EQ.

Not going to get me to touch a Brad McQuaid led project after the shitstorm of Vanguard.

News Comments > Wild West Online Closed Alpha
3. Re: Wild West Online Closed Alpha Sep 15, 2017, 11:15 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 10:24:
I'm going to name my character Jim West.

Damn it. Now I have to take Artemis Gordon.

(I'm assuming we're talking the show here, not the horrible movie)

Though I might just name my character Roland Deschain and pretend I'm in "Dark Tower 1: The Gunslinger" and massacring the town of Tull.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free Sep 13, 2017, 10:37 MacLeod

I'm confused... Doesn't the ultimate edition already come with the Season Pass?

News Comments > Ben 10 Announced
1. Re: Ben 10 Announced Sep 13, 2017, 02:10 MacLeod

Man... I was going to say this was about 10 years too late, but then after looking it up on IMDB, it turns out they rebooted their own cartoon last year.  

News Comments > First Emotion Processing Unit Launches
1. Re: First Emotion Processing Unit Launches Sep 11, 2017, 10:47 MacLeod

"I know now why you cry... but it is something I can never do."  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2017, 10:59 MacLeod

It's not exactly a ressurection... Sure, their last design was 2010, but the M570 is still currently in production, as is another model.

I actually used the M570 one, as I found the thumb movement to be precise and works well in small spaces. I only recently switched to using a mouse because of a thumb injury that made it painful to use, but I still have a trackball sitting in my drawer at both my office and my home.

I wonder if they increased the size in relation to the M570... their original wired one - the Trackman Wheel - had a slightly bigger footprint and was actually more comfortable.

News Comments > Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1
6. Re: Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 Sep 1, 2017, 10:26 MacLeod

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 09:32:

Yep. Fuck companies that pretend like nobody gives a shit about voice actors.

The odd thing to me is that Square-Enix isn't on the list of companies they're striking against. Now I know the company they used to cast the original game IS on the list, but you would think that they wouldn't even be going through them again to get Burch, since they already had her for the first game.

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo