Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 677 (Apprentice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 6, 2020, 10:56 MacLeod

The Pyro wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 09:34:
Apparently their "research" re: Jaskier consisted of reading uninformed social media comments for 5 minutes. Jaskier is the character's original name in the Polish books. It was changed to Dandelion in the English version because the literal translation (buttercup) sounds too feminine.

Yeah, the first point on this list should actually be on the "10 reasons why I don't read ScreenRant articles"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count

27. Re: Re: The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count Dec 31, 2019, 12:56 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 22:27:
The folks at data company Parrot Analytics beg to differ. That's the problem with people named "Beaver" on this site. Facts and numbers don't supersede truthiness and bias.

There's a slight issue with the comparison numbers though...

It beat The Mandalorian by 12 million impressions... but Mando's last episode released early, on Wednesday of the previous week, so there would be less hits for that, and the new episode didn't hit until the 27th, so it basically did about 10% better for a time frame where there wasn't a "new" episode of the Mandalorian out.

Not saying the number isn't still good, but they made a mistake in comparing this specific week.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2019, 14:12 MacLeod

"Snowmobilers Rescue Three Lost Puppies Living in Sheep Carcass."

This headline is like the opening to the modern-set adaptation of "Game of Thrones".

News Comments > The Alien Cube Demo

5. Re: The Alien Cube Demo Dec 21, 2019, 22:48 MacLeod

"The Land of Pain"?? We sure this is Lovecraft, not Barker?

Cube... Land of Pain... this certainly seems like it's leading to Cenobites.

News Comments > MS Declares Halo: Reach PC Launch a Blockbuster

6. Re: MS Declares Halo: Reach PC Launch a Blockbuster Dec 12, 2019, 11:44 MacLeod

I'm curious as to how many normal (non-streamer), who haven't previously played Halo people actually kept playing the game after purchase.

I'd previously played the games, but it's been a LONG time. After getting this, if I hadn't known the games, I think I would have quit during the first two hours and refunded.

The game literally has no opening. It's just "here you go, you're the new guy on this team." ... If you played the Halo games in release order, this is fine, because you know the setup, and such. But they've deciced to do them chronologically, and the beginning of this game is absolutely not engaging from a storytelling standpoint.

Also, it just kind of expects you to know mechanics (use energy weapons on shields, then bullets), without going over anything.

I'm also having issues with mouse/keyboard... there's just something "off" about the mouse controls that I can't put my finger on. I have smoothing and acceleration off, so it's not that.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2019, 16:08 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Dec 11, 2019, 13:07:
I think TIME's Person of the Year for 2019 should be the Earth for taking all kinds of abuse from humans and still kicking on.

They already did. For 1988, Time named the Endagered Earth it's Planet of the Year.

News Comments > Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch

29. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 16:45 MacLeod

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 16:30:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:37:
I'm also curious as to what makes you think Cere is SJW material... because other than being female, there's nothing in her character dialog that I saw that could be used to put her in the incel's SJW column. her character arc is pretty much the polar opposite of SJW, since you literally end up saving her from herself.

Male white lead gotta have a black female co-lead = "SJW light" and what really turns it into proper SJW is that she's unattractive as fuck. They made her look like a frog (those eyes!) so no one gets the idea that she might be a sexy sidekick or just deco or shit.

And this is why I can't take SJW arguments seriously at all... got it, so a black female character instantly makes it SJW... FFS. It's always "wah, wah, feminism, SJW, stop forcing it, it should be organic having [insert race / gender here]!"... then when a game just uses an actress of color (who the in-game model is based on btw), without trying to "push an agenda", making her as flawed, if not more so than the main character, it's still "Wah! SJW!" Thank you for clarifying. I will ignore any arguments you make with "SJW" in your commentary from now on.

Thread Locked Thread Locked Delete Report

18. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 13:43 MacLeod

Slick wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:16:
I played through most encounters on "Story mode" difficulty, as i'm not here for the dark-souls type combat. But I did most boss fights and most interesting fights on the "normal" difficulty.

I'm not a souls player myself, and managed the game on normal the whole way through... though I did almost set it to story for the final boss... Seriously, 10 stims and still almost died when I beat her. That force choke move that takes 20% of your like is crazy (and then she kicks you for more)... tried to dodge, didn't work half the time... the only way I managed to avoid was double-jumping. (heard it takes 70% on master - definitely not trying that. lol)

I think my biggest flaw with the game is not being able to replay that last world... when you reload your file, it says it's putting you back before you went there... why not let you travel back there to re-experience it?

15. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 13:37 MacLeod

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 12:22:
If they ever make a sequel: Get rid of the Metroidvania structure and the insane backtracking and level recycling, make it a more adult game content-wise (characters etc. and let's write actual dialogue instead of this burpfest) and have the decency to put in a 'save anywhere' feature or at the very least checkpoints that humans with an actual brain came up with. kthx.

Seriously, the save point is right outside the elevator, and the ride takes literally 4 seconds. Over all, the save points in this game are pretty well spaced out without any trudging back to where you died.

Also, you're really calling out a Star Wars for having a muppet type character? They've been around since the beginning.

I'm also curious as to what makes you think Cere is SJW material... because other than being female, there's nothing in her character dialog that I saw that could be used to put her in the incel's SJW column. her character arc is pretty much the polar opposite of SJW, since you literally end up saving her from herself.

I think my only issue with any backtracking in this game was Dathomir, and that's because I feel like they should have had a shortcut unlock on the Nightbrother City entrance. But that was only when I was finishing up my collectibles, so it wasn't a big deal. The story progression pretty much saves you from most backtracking if you've unlocked the shortcuts as you were going.

I do agree with you on the water though... I'm not sure why they didn't have an air meter for diving without it...

Random SW fan blurbs:
* The Order 66 sequence was really well done.

* The implication of Ilum being Starkiller Base is interesting (this hasn't specifically been mentioned in canon, though it was hypothosized that it was. .. Ilum and SKB both have the same diameter, and are both snow planets rich with Kyber crystals... this game showing the trench that matches up to SKB pretty much says it is without saying it.

* Stormtrooper ambient dialog is amazing... talking about having a 100% accuracy on the range and having the high ground. And the fact they actually get scared of you.

* I loved the story, and felt it fit well into the timeline where they put it. I'm curious to see where it goes in a sequel. I'm hoping they get Cameron Monaghan to play Cal in the Obi Wan show since it's timeframe would match.

News Comments > Google Stadia Reviews

12. Re: Google Stadia Reviews Nov 19, 2019, 10:01 MacLeod

This GIF is all you need to see...

https://gfycat.com/closedtotalkoalabear-washington-post-youtube-the-washington-post

News Comments > Terminator: Resistance Released

25. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 18, 2019, 09:21 MacLeod

Not getting into the game quality itself... but this is a weird timing for a release.

You literally just had a Cameron produced and co-written by sequel come out that effectively wiped out this timeline and replaced it with a new AI and future.

But instead of making the game based on that new future, we make it based on the nonexistent one.

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

9. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 12:01 MacLeod

Explain to me, why am I bothering buying it on Steam, when I have to have Origin installed and running and an EA account? I might as well just get it through EA, and run it through Origin, since it has to run anyway.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2019, 20:20 MacLeod

Anyone having issue with the site? I'm getting white backgrounds to everything, the comments are black text on the blue background, and other random weirdness. It almost looks like the CSS isn't loading. I've refreshed the page, cleared my cache and it's still happening.

EDIT: oddly, it works in Firefox, just not Chrome.

EDIT 2: never mind. Fixed it... somehow the "Styles" on the customize menu had nothing selected and it wasn't loading the style sheet at all.

News Comments > The Division 2 Free Weekend

4. Re: The Division 2 Free Weekend Oct 17, 2019, 23:49 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 21:09:
Huh was going to try this but Uplay is down atm. "Well that's just fuckin' great, man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do?" - Hudson

Change your computer date to 10/10/2019. It will let you connect to UPlay. Not joking, seriously worked.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

7. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 12:47 MacLeod

"Tahiti, Arthur! Just one more job... Have some god-damned faith!"

Oh Dutch, you wacky character, you.

News Comments > Chernobylite Early Access

1. Re: Chernobylite Early Access Oct 16, 2019, 13:54 MacLeod

A game set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, people known as stalkers... I feel like I've heard that before... :p  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Next Month

4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Next Month Oct 15, 2019, 12:35 MacLeod

I never even finished all the DLC tombs... after the first two, I was just kind of bored, and didn't think they were all that well done.

I might go back to it some day, just to complete, but after thoroughly enjoying Tomb Raider and Rise, something felt off this entire game. Then, after completing it, I realized that Crystal Dynamics didn't do it, but Ubisoft Montreal did.

It was the same thing with Arkham Origins, where Rocksteady didn't do it, and while it was the same gameplay for all intents and purposes, something just didn't feel right.

News Comments > Fortnite Chapter 2 Launches

1. Re: Fortnite Chapter 2 Launches Oct 15, 2019, 10:22 MacLeod

I guess it shows their commitment to the original "Save The World" game when their headline for the roadmap is misspelled.

:p

News Comments > Steam Adding Online Support to Local Multiplayer Games

10. Re: Steam Adding Online Support to Local Multiplayer Games Oct 10, 2019, 14:31 MacLeod

Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 14:13:
Try reading again.

"since this emulates local multiplayer,"

And this!!

"All games tagged with local co-op, local multiplayer, or split-screen will be included"

This still sounds like same screen support to me, not LAN play.

Especially since they're saying only the host needs the game, which if it was working like a LAN, each person would need to be running a copy.

it sounds like a Steam implementation of Parsec to me. I could be wrong though, and it might include LAN play, but I'm just going by how I'm interpreting the info provided.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month

25. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month Oct 4, 2019, 14:47 MacLeod

Can anyone that has experience with GTA5 how the keyboard/mouse controls were? Just curious as to what to expect for RDR2... good enough to use, or am I going to end up plugging in a controller out of frustration?  

677 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >