Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 644 (Apprentice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 16, 2019, 10:33 MacLeod

Is Indiana Jones going to be involved?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2019, 01:03 MacLeod

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 22, 2019, 13:13:
Why are man hole covers round?

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/why-manhole-covers-are-round?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_0

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 10:34 MacLeod

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 09:47:
So fuckin stoked for that Breath of the Wild sequel! Nintendo killed it yesterday with announcements, their line up this year and next looks stellar.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but BotW was one of the biggest letdowns I've had in a game. I enjoyed it for about 5-10 hours, but after that, the empty-of-monster shrines instead of actual dungeons, and an overworld that is vastly empty except for enemies, who you actively try to avoid because your weapons break so easily, just started making the game feel lackluster. Finished the first two divine beasts, and just couldn't bring myself to play the game any more.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2019, 14:15 MacLeod

PHJF wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 12:25:
I finally tried some Beyond Meat: used the crumbles in vegetarian enchiladas. While the texture was pretty good (far better than goopy soy-based products), it was over flavored; tasted more like cooked hamburgers that had been crumbled up than plain beef, which was not at all what I was going for in enchiladas.

And no mention of our little 4.0 earthquake in Cleveland yesterday!?

I grabbed the Beyond Burgers from the grocery store to give them a try a couple weeks ago. I didn't like them at all. Clearly tasted nothing like beef and more like plant. I did have the Impossible Burger and that actually tasted like meat.

News Comments > The Division 2 Free Episodes and Free Weekend Plans
2. Re: The Division 2 Free Episodes and Free Weekend Plans Jun 11, 2019, 11:00 MacLeod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 07:31:
Well, more content is good, the general gameplay loop is good, but loot/skills/crafting need a fairly large overhaul.

It's odd, because the systems in D1 are better than the ones in D2. I get that its a loot-based game, and RNG is needed, but

"lets put up to 4 attributes (out of a pool of "a lot") and up to 2 talents on each piece of gear, only let you modify one attribute or talent, and the attribute you modify to has to be the same type (offense, defense or utility)."

only makes it practically impossible to get a piece of gear to upgrade. Not to mention the overlap of quality in gearscore. Oddly, I think if they let you modify one talent and one attribute, or let you switch the color of the one attribute you could mod, it would go a long way to fixing the loot.

Now crafting, other than exotics, I don't even see the point. Lets make a random gear piece, with random attributes and talents, in a random gear score range, and, oh yea, make it so you can't modify crafted pieces. It's just a waste of materials.

News Comments > Halo Infinite Next Year
2. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:17 MacLeod

Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 11:19:
The lighting effects in this trailer are mesmerizing. As someone who's been trying out the RTX demos, I know ray tracing when I see it. This is the first glimpse of what the next gen of games will look like. Even though I couldn't give two shits about Halo, I'm super impressed.

It's odd... I thought the graphics didn't really look right. I thought Master Chief's suit looked flat, oddly colored and textured and almost cartoony. I had the same issue with the Star Wars game, though that is current gen. It's like something is missing in the texturing or something.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 7, 2019, 11:20 MacLeod

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 11:07:
Just curious what is this streaming fad? If I want to watch a game I play it, not watch some dork play it. The thought of wasting my free time watching someone else play a game is just mind-boggling. That, to me, is the ultimate in laziness.

"why are you watching sport? You should be out sporting! ultimate in laziness!"

Yet nobody complains about watching sports games on television.

The few streamers I watch, I tend to watch for their personalities, but also because there are games out there that I know I wouldn't enjoy playing, but do actually enjoy watching being played.

News Comments > Blizzard Cancels StarCraft FPS, Reportedly Working on Diablo IV and Overwatch II
17. Re: Blizzard Cancels StarCraft FPS, Reportedly Working on Diablo IV and Overwatch II Jun 7, 2019, 10:09 MacLeod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 23:03:
Overwatch 2 already? Well I guess that's their cash cow now, so not that surprising I guess.

I mean, to be fair, it has been 3 years since Overwatch came out, and they haven't even announced O2 yet, so figure at least another 2 years. 5 years for a sequel isn't exactly a short period of time.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Announced
30. Re: Baldur's Gate III Announced Jun 7, 2019, 08:34 MacLeod

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 05:31:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 05:29:
Larian does excellent work.

Is that how mind flayers work tho?

That's how they lore wise reproduce.

Not quite that fast, I believe, though.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 09:57 MacLeod

Ackroyd's prequel idea sounds absolutely terrible. They would have to retcon the entire setup of the first movie... that was their origin story. The library ghost was their first time seeing one.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 11:54 MacLeod

subx wrote on May 17, 2019, 11:14:
Seems DC wants to continue reminding us what a generally good job the Marvel guys have done.

Honestly, after seeing some of his post-Twilight material, it's really not that bad of a choice if they were looking for younger. Check out "Good Time" for example. And that's coming from someone who despised "Twilight" with every fiber of my being.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2019, 15:40 MacLeod

NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 15:36:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 12:28:
Man, how I've come to hate the term waifu.

Was it ever a good and useful term?

No. Truth be told, I always hated it, but now it seems to bleed out of the anime community and into general internet parlance, it's even more annoying.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2019, 12:28 MacLeod

Man, how I've come to hate the term waifu.  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Press Release
9. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Press Release Apr 15, 2019, 08:32 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 21:19:
I'm sure they'll shoehorn in all manner of MTs. Want a different lightsaber than blue? 5 bucks a color. That sort of shit. Don't want to grind out Force powers? 5 bucks a power. etc.

Literally said there would never be micro transactions in the game at the Celebration panel, which was reported in the article from yesterday.

Kxmode wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 00:43:
The trailer uses in-game assets but it's not clips of game play.

The no game play thing has me a bit concerned... seems a bit odd not to show anything. You think they would have went all out, since it was a Celebration reveal.

News Comments > More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store
66. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 12, 2019, 13:07 MacLeod

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 18:46:
Did you create an account in the past to play fortnight? I had created one in the past to download Unreal Engine with dreams of making something.

Nope. Then I'd expect the account to have some part of my real info, and I'd also expect the region of the account to be US, not Russia.

(I reset the password, and logged into it to look at the account info since it was going to my email anyway.)

53. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 11, 2019, 18:19 MacLeod

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:42:
I just checked if i could make an account with a random email address and you know what? Your fucking correct.

I also requested to change my password on my account and never received an email to do so. (as of yet anyways)

But i have to ask what would be ones motivation of creating an account with your email address?

I know i cant create a Twich account with my email address, but thought it was because if you spell Riahderymnmaddog backwards you get God Damn My Red Hair.

I have no clue. I'm assuming they're some sort of burner account to do something... literally had "asdfsf asdjkqwe" as the name on the account.

46. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 11, 2019, 14:44 MacLeod

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 10:56:
Dude I constantly get emails, sometimes 3 a day of people trying to log into my steam account. Guess what. Not steams fault, Somewhere along the line I fucked up and now my email is on a list somewhere and traded by the Hax0r 31337.

You're missing the actual point I was saying. This isn't someone trying to get into MY account. This is someone who used my email address to sign up for an account, and Epic didn't even verify the email address on account sign-up... so there's just a random account with junk info attached to my email address. That's some crappy security to not verify the email address. Hence, why I won't touch them with a 10 foot pole right now.

19. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 11, 2019, 10:54 MacLeod

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 10:45:
One thing that has happened and it's stupid they wouldn't have it, is... some robot went around and registered many peoples emails before they ever did. So when they went to Epic to sign up "Email is already in use". And how did that happen, because they didn't then and they still don't have email verification when setting up an account. Who at their size does that anymore? It looks sloppy af and a little disturbing that you can use your own email that you like to.

With that lack of security foresight, what else lurks?

And this is the primary cause of my not using the Epic Store... I constantly get emails from people trying to log into the account, which was already made with my email address by someone in Russia (literally, the region showed as such), even though I never got a validation email for account creation. Sours me to Epic entirely.

News Comments > Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #1
23. Re: Hilarious April Fool's Roundup #1 Apr 1, 2019, 16:34 MacLeod

I did kind of laugh at the Corsair Game Launcher Launcher...

RGBucks... virtual currency to buy virtual currency. Hehe.

News Comments > Anno 1800 Becoming an Epic Games Store Exclusive
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 30, 2019, 10:51 MacLeod

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 30, 2019, 07:26:
So does this mean the Ubisoft launcher is going to be shut down? I mean, they publish the Anno series, and its now an Epic store exclusive..

No, they did this with The Division 2 as well. They took preorders from other sellers (Green Man for example), but then when the game went live, it went to only available thru Ubisoft directly or Epic Games store.

It's kind of odd to me, as it seems that Ubisoft somehow got the best of both worlds... the game uses their launcher no matter what, so most people would get it from them, they still let people preorder it wherever they want, then they take money from Epic (probably) to say "it's exclusive" after launch, but still sell it themselves. And it avoids the consumer rage of "WTF, I preordered on xxx and now it's not being released there." because they're honoring all the preorders (and even continuing to let them be placed there until launch.)

644 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo