Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 666 (Apprentice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

9. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 12:01 MacLeod

Explain to me, why am I bothering buying it on Steam, when I have to have Origin installed and running and an EA account? I might as well just get it through EA, and run it through Origin, since it has to run anyway.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2019, 20:20 MacLeod

Anyone having issue with the site? I'm getting white backgrounds to everything, the comments are black text on the blue background, and other random weirdness. It almost looks like the CSS isn't loading. I've refreshed the page, cleared my cache and it's still happening.

EDIT: oddly, it works in Firefox, just not Chrome.

EDIT 2: never mind. Fixed it... somehow the "Styles" on the customize menu had nothing selected and it wasn't loading the style sheet at all.

News Comments > The Division 2 Free Weekend

4. Re: The Division 2 Free Weekend Oct 17, 2019, 23:49 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 21:09:
Huh was going to try this but Uplay is down atm. "Well that's just fuckin' great, man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do?" - Hudson

Change your computer date to 10/10/2019. It will let you connect to UPlay. Not joking, seriously worked.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

7. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 12:47 MacLeod

"Tahiti, Arthur! Just one more job... Have some god-damned faith!"

Oh Dutch, you wacky character, you.

News Comments > Chernobylite Early Access

1. Re: Chernobylite Early Access Oct 16, 2019, 13:54 MacLeod

A game set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, people known as stalkers... I feel like I've heard that before... :p  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Next Month

4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Next Month Oct 15, 2019, 12:35 MacLeod

I never even finished all the DLC tombs... after the first two, I was just kind of bored, and didn't think they were all that well done.

I might go back to it some day, just to complete, but after thoroughly enjoying Tomb Raider and Rise, something felt off this entire game. Then, after completing it, I realized that Crystal Dynamics didn't do it, but Ubisoft Montreal did.

It was the same thing with Arkham Origins, where Rocksteady didn't do it, and while it was the same gameplay for all intents and purposes, something just didn't feel right.

News Comments > Fortnite Chapter 2 Launches

1. Re: Fortnite Chapter 2 Launches Oct 15, 2019, 10:22 MacLeod

I guess it shows their commitment to the original "Save The World" game when their headline for the roadmap is misspelled.

:p

News Comments > Steam Adding Online Support to Local Multiplayer Games

10. Re: Steam Adding Online Support to Local Multiplayer Games Oct 10, 2019, 14:31 MacLeod

Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 14:13:
Try reading again.

"since this emulates local multiplayer,"

And this!!

"All games tagged with local co-op, local multiplayer, or split-screen will be included"

This still sounds like same screen support to me, not LAN play.

Especially since they're saying only the host needs the game, which if it was working like a LAN, each person would need to be running a copy.

it sounds like a Steam implementation of Parsec to me. I could be wrong though, and it might include LAN play, but I'm just going by how I'm interpreting the info provided.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month

25. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month Oct 4, 2019, 14:47 MacLeod

Can anyone that has experience with GTA5 how the keyboard/mouse controls were? Just curious as to what to expect for RDR2... good enough to use, or am I going to end up plugging in a controller out of frustration?  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Breaks Out

6. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Breaks Out Oct 4, 2019, 14:33 MacLeod

My friend and I are enjoying duoing the game... but man, are there some strange interface design decisions:

* When buying or selling in the store, there is no compare feature to compare it to your current item (It just shows the gear score level difference), and also doesn't show what bonuses the gear piece has.

* When in a bivouac, you can't actually bring up your inventory to do management, which is odd, since it seems like a thing you would do when camping.

* with the amount of items you can have, you would think either the item wheel would have more spots, or they would at let you at least use consumable stat-buff items from the inventory menu, so you didn't have to waste time slotting them, using the item, then reslotting your active use item.

* speaking of the inventory screen ("I" on the keyboard)... is there even a use for that screen, since you can't equip the items to your radial menu from it? (You have to do that from your loadout screen.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Tease?

2. Re: Batman Arkham Tease? Sep 23, 2019, 11:38 MacLeod

Last one definitely looks like a demon's head... so Ra's al Ghul perhaps?

Some people are suggesting the others might represent the Court of Owls, since they all look the same, with variations.

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?

13. Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 07:10 MacLeod

I'm figuring it won't even hit the 200,000 copies needed to start making more money on a PC either. NPD doesn't have it on the list of either top software sales or top PS4 software sales for August, and it didn't make the top 20 PS4 Store digital sales list for August either, so I'm sure PC didn't sell either. (by comparison, Man of Medan, which released August 30th, made both lists - albeit at at positions 19 and 20 respectively)

I do feel like marketing is part of the reason, as you barely saw any for this game. It's a shame, it's an enjoyable game with an interesting story (one of the few that I finished completely, with all collectibles, etc). I really wanted Remedy to get a huge hit, so maybe we could get a full fledged Alan Wake sequel... guess I'm just going to have to settle for the AW Control DLC instead.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2019, 15:24 MacLeod

Man, I love the Golden Joystick Awards...

various best games lists includes at least two (the ones I noticed) that literally came out in the past 24 hours:
Sayonara Wild Hearts and Link's Awakening

and one that doesn't even come out until next month... MediEvil (remake).

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week

10. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week Sep 19, 2019, 09:37 MacLeod

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 00:25:
It had some issues, but was more polished the the first tech text.

The last closed beta was definitely better than the tech test. But there were still some crazy "how do we even released this as a beta" bugs... like after someone joining your group, you couldn't use the keyboard to select interaction options (dialog, store, etc). Also, we kept getting into a "Stuck in interact mode" so we couldn't actually use guns and stuff.

I'm looking forward to playing with a friend still, but we're both waiting until after launch to get it, probably after a discount.

News Comments > Control Expansions and More Content Plans Announced

2. Re: Control Expansions and More Content Plans Announced Sep 11, 2019, 12:31 MacLeod

Well, I'm even more excited for the DLC... the logo for the AWE DLC has the Alan Wake artwork in the top half, implying its going to be related. Knew it was the same universe, giving some of the collectibles you found, but didn't expect them do to actual content.

News Comments > Morning Patches

1. Re: Morning Patches Sep 10, 2019, 11:59 MacLeod

Well, at least I'll finally be able to upgrade my Pierce in Control... Not much to do except wait for DLC though. I finished the game already, and found all the collectibles. Just finished the furnace secret puzzle for the infinite ammo mod last night. The only things I have left (I believe) are two secret areas, just to get them, and trying to figure out what, if any, is the puzzle regarding the TV on top of the security office in the power plant.

Combat was a little wonky, but the story definitely kept me engaged for the entire game. And the fact that it clearly takes place in the Alan Wake world, with actual references to the events in the game was an added bonus.

Now get to working on Alan Wake 2 Remedy, Damn it!

News Comments > Control Released

13. Re: Motion blur disable hack Aug 28, 2019, 14:14 MacLeod

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 08:42:
MacLeod wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 19:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 14:29:
MacLeod wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 11:58:
I just wish there was a way to turn off motion blur... there doesn't appear to be a setting for it. I think with Alan Wake, you needed a command line prompt of -noblur, but I tried that, in case it was the same, and it didn't work.

Did you find out how to disable it? It's super SUPER annoying (ghosting behind moving objects.. blegh)

I haven't found any way to do it yet.

But I found it
Here

It uses 3DMigoto DX11 only, basically an injector that overrides that got awful motion blur shader. In settings set w=1 to W=0 and it's gone. Wow... game looks 560x better

I found that shortly after I posted... though I am always super apprehensive about installing random DLLs from the internet. Was really hoping for a command line or INI edit. hehe.

8. Re: Control Released Aug 27, 2019, 19:45 MacLeod

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 14:29:
MacLeod wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 11:58:
I just wish there was a way to turn off motion blur... there doesn't appear to be a setting for it. I think with Alan Wake, you needed a command line prompt of -noblur, but I tried that, in case it was the same, and it didn't work.

Did you find out how to disable it? It's super SUPER annoying (ghosting behind moving objects.. blegh)

I haven't found any way to do it yet.

4. Re: Control Released Aug 27, 2019, 11:58 MacLeod

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 21, 2019, 19:56 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 18:24:
MacLeod wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 12:43:
Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 12:39:
So robots, no? But people doing violence to each other and animals is still okay? These assholes are completely out of touch with reality.

Didn't read the article, huh?

No, you didn't, or more likely you're simply to stupid to understand my point in reference to Youtube and its policies.

Please, do tell me how you made any point based on what the article said, as opposed to the headline in the post.

Lets look at your comment again:

"So Robots, no?" <- They didn't actually ban robot fighting

"But people doing violence to each other and animals is still okay?" <- Entire reason video was blocked was algorithm being over-aggressive in trying to prevent animal violence video... and there are policies in place for violence and harassment.

"These assholes are completely out of touch with reality." <- Complete non-point since it relies on your previous two statements being accurate, which they weren't.

(Not to mention the tone of the article opening and closeing was tongue-in-cheek about AI trying to protect it's robot brethren.)

666 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >