Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 423 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
6. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 26, 2017, 13:52 MacLeod

Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 13:24:
First off, that wasn't Vivendi, it was Infogrames. Second off, you can't even blame them, because that ignores everything from the Lynx in 1989, the Jaguar in the early 90s, the remainder of the 90s when Atari sold literally nothing, and two years of continuing to be nothing with Hasbro.

Its a shame they didn't market the Lynx properly or get good developer support on the games side... It really was a way better system than Game Boy. Backlit color display, did equivalent of SNES Mode7 effects before SNES, and you could link multiple systems to play together.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 24, 2017, 12:20 MacLeod

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 11:43:
is it me or arent 1 and 2 the EXACT SAME GAME? I watch these streams and the damn things are nearly identical.

Playerunknown designed both games. H1Z1 came first and was made by Daybreak. Battlegrounds is a much more finished, realistic-feeling game than H1Z1 (IMO, though I suspect most would agree), despite being released more recently.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2017, 16:26 MacLeod

NetHead wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 13:06:
Unfortunately without sarcasm, I'm sure they won't be brought up on anti-competitive charges "if" (when) their ads do get through, when they damn well should be.

There's no need for the sarcasm line or the "if" comment... in the article linked, it clearly states:

Of course, Google won't block Google ads. Instead, according to the report, Chrome will target "unacceptable ads" as defined by the Coalition for Better Ads. The Coalition for Better Ads, which counts Google and Facebook among its members, has a page of "least preferred ad experiences" up on its website. This page calls out pop-ups, autoplaying video ads with sound, interstitial ads with countdowns, and large "sticky" ads as "below the threshold of consumer acceptability."

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow
17. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 20, 2017, 07:10 MacLeod

Yifes wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:11:
How different is this game from H1Z1: King of the Kill? Which one is better?

It's very similar. H1z1:KOTH was also designed by playerunknown, which was also based on his similar ARma mod.

Battlegrounds is a much more finished game. Bullet physics are way better. I mean, google their article on just the shot sound design. It's pretty in depth for just the bullet sounds. Cars don't just blow up either. And you don't have Daybreak involved.

12. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 19:07 MacLeod

Quboid wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 18:13:
What happens when you die, are you a spectator?

You quit and start another match. (unless you're playing on a team, in which case, you probably spectate on one of them until they all die)

News Comments > Activision Classics on Steam
1. Re: Activision Classics on Steam Apr 19, 2017, 19:04 MacLeod

Damn... I need a 1ghz processor, 256 mb of ram, directx 7 3d card to play Zork?!

Also... Spycraft? Damn... you mean there's a version of that game that actually runs now? A couple years back I tried to get my copy to work and couldn't. hmmm.

P.S. "Want some rye? 'course ya do!" <- fuck that guy.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2017, 19:16.

7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 15:27 MacLeod

Frijoles wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:24:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:18:
It's much more quick playing and round based than an open world game like you mentioned.

How quick is a round?

Seems like average time for a full round (lasting until end) is about 35 minutes or so.

5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 15:18 MacLeod

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 14:56:
Serious question for who has played this -- What is the difference between this and Dayz, Rust, & the other 100+ post-apocalyptic open world scavenge games out now ??

Asking because this is seemingly getting hyped in alot of places and I'm not sure why ?

It's not really an open-ended scavenge game like that. The way it works is:

1) You and approximately 99 others get dropped from an airplane that flys over map. You have control of when exactly you jump out.

2) after landing, you scavenge for armor, weapons and health type items

3) after a few minutes, you'll get a notification that the play area is being reduced. You'll see a white circle that is the "safe" area, and a blue energy field (represented by a blue circle on the map) pulling in towards that white circle. If you get caught outside, you'll eventually die due to damage.

4) step three keeps repeating until the circle is tiny and all (remaining) players are forced into a small area and play ends when only one player remains.

It's much more quick playing and round based than an open world game like you mentioned.

3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 12:16 MacLeod

Well, I'm certainly glad for:

"Adjusted the density of environmental elements to be identical across all graphic options"

At least now I can play at a reasonable graphics detail without worrying that I'm missing something that someone playing with potato-quality enabled is seeing.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2017, 12:56 MacLeod

descender wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 11:54:
"potentially undefeatable ad-blocker" is misleading when none of the words used in that phrase even apply to what it does currently.

Wall

You can't be this thick.

You don't think reporting on a piece of software that doesn't make any claims of undefeatability or even really block ads and claiming it has the potential to be an "undefeatable ad blocker" misleading?

So I guess if they were to write an article claiming "Potentially 'greatest' Space Simulator in Diablo 3" would be okay with you, because there's always some chance that they could make Diablo 3 into a space simulator.

Please... they knew they were speaking out their asses when they wrote the headline with their claims, which is why I called it a BS headline to begin with.

There's a difference in stating potentials when there is a factual basis for them, but in this case, there isn't.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2017, 11:51 MacLeod

descender wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 10:56:
Potential: Having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.

Or... was it the word "misleading" you were using incorrectly? It's so hard to tell.

The vocabulary and reading comprehension of the general public is just astounding.

It's an ad blocker that doesn't actually block ads.

It's an ad blocker whose plugin only works on two ad networks currently.

It's creators specifically say they didn't claim they created an undefeatable ad-blocker.

So... there's no actual ad blocking, nobody is saying it's undefeatable or claiming it will be. Yes. I can pretty much say that writing a headline that claims "potentially undefeatable ad-blocker" is misleading when none of the words used in that phrase even apply to what it does currently.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 17, 2017, 10:28 MacLeod

Got to love BS headlines. The Engadget article is titled "potentially undefeatable" and then in the article, it states "We don't claim to have created an undefeatable ad blocker".

Not to mention that, as an ad blocker, it doesn't even make sense. The reason I use a blocker is all the idiotic pop-up loading, auto video-playing, bandwidth draining ads. If all you're doing is putting a "THIS IS AN AD" over content you're still loading, all of those things are still going to be an issue, and completely defeat the purpose of your "blocker"

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 15, 2017, 20:08 MacLeod

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 17:42:
Not seeing anything from the first 3 movies except Yoda and Maul.

No gameplay types mentioned.
No class system or anything mentioned.

Looks good, but meh.

The panel did mention class system for the multiplayer.

Other stuff from panel:

The different trilogy stuff is all part of the multiplayer, so hero characters and maps would seem to be what that would entail.

Single player campaign is following the leader of Inferno Squadron, and the story is actually canon (and the squadron iteself is the subject of an upcoming book)

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS vs Cheating
5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS vs Cheating Apr 13, 2017, 15:29 MacLeod

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 13:41:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 12:03:
battle royale with cheese game

Well done Blue.

What do they call a Whopper?

I don't know. I didn't go to Burger King.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 15:12 MacLeod

Trashy wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 13:37:
I've owned this game already for almost 12 years.

No, you owned "Star Wars: Battlefront II".

This is "Star Wars Battlefront II"

News Comments > Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace
11. Re: Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace Apr 10, 2017, 14:55 MacLeod

Creston wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 13:14:
99.99% of all minecraft players are young children, so I foresee no issues here whatsoever.

Except if you look at this quote from a year-old NY Times article, that quotes from Microsoft, that's not actually the case:

---
(Itís still popular across all age groups; according to Microsoft, the average player is between 28 and 29, and women make up nearly 40 percent of all players.)
---

which, considering the complexity of some of the redstone creations you see, makes sense that 99.99% of their playerbase aren't young children.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's CYBERPUNK TM
15. Re: CD Projekt RED's CYBERPUNK TM Apr 7, 2017, 16:50 MacLeod

Comet wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 14:02:

Examples : Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk (game), Cyberpunk v3, Cyberpunk: The Collectible Card Game, Cyberpunk Book by Katie Hafner.

You realize, all but the last example you gave, are related to the Cyberpunk 2020 game by R.Taslorian, which is what CD Projekt RED purchased. And R.Taslorian did actually trademark Cyberpunk before them as well.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 3, 2017, 13:49 MacLeod

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 12:02:
Pete, we'd like to let you know that after No Man's Sky, you're off the hook sir.

Yea... no sorry... he's still on the hook for that Curiosity shit.

News Comments > April Foolin' 2017
1. Re: April Foolin' 2017 Apr 1, 2017, 14:44 MacLeod

edit: never mind... there was a blizzard one on the list

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2017, 15:04.

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
4. Re: Mad Catz Closed Mar 31, 2017, 20:49 MacLeod

But now I won't be able to get that Star Citizen branded Saitek controller when the game comes out!

423 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo