Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 459 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
3. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 14, 2017, 20:24 MacLeod

I just realized StarCraft was available free now. Heh. My bad.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
1. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 14, 2017, 20:15 MacLeod

wait... I'm confused... I need Starcraft to buy Starcraft Remastered? (according to the page)  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 15:39 MacLeod

Rilcon wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 15:15:
For myself I'm hoping it's handled well and is only enticing to people that want to rush through the game as fast/easily as possible. Gating like this is still better than what games used to do with preorder bonuses, which are outright locked out for 90% of players no matter what. It took 12? years for Baldur's Gate 2's pay-for items to be available to everyone, nevermind that those were certainly unbalancing in the early game.

Except they're offering preorder items as well, and multiple versions that pre-sell DLC (Now also no longer just "pay extra for season pass" but "pay extra for these two DLCs" and "Pay even more for these other two DLCs". They've covered all their bases in trying to fuck the player over for money.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 12:53 MacLeod

Rilcon wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 12:12:
Full disclosure: I have over 150 hours on Shadow of Mordor because I'm addicted to murderizing orcs and seeing what new captains pop up. With my obsessiveness I doubt I'll notice the (soft) gating, and getting a little reward every now and then for my dedication to virtual genocide or token hoarding is nice. If someone wants to pay a buck fifty or whatever to get the same virtual trinket for whatever reason and skip several hours of "menial gameplay", myeh; I guess it's kinda like paying for official game guides with cheatcodes and shortcuts in the olden days.

I have 80+ hours in SoM myself. The problem is, we've seen the "you can get the same stuff with in-game currency" crap before in multiplayer games. It ends up being a grind-fest that adds an absurd level of time that becomes tedium. I played the game for 80 hours because I was enjoying it... with this, that probably becomes "I have to play the game for 160 hours because I have to keep farming coin to unlock shit". No thanks. They lost a guaranteed sale because of this.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 09:37 MacLeod

And loot boxes in a single player game...

Go fuck yourselves.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month
10. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month Aug 2, 2017, 10:41 MacLeod

my favorite thing about this, is that when they went over the new elite specs, they once again delved a little into each class and kind of explained what they do... until they got to Ranger then they were just like "you merge with your animal" and moved onto the next class without any actual examples of what that means. Which pretty much continues the "We don't play rangers so we don't give a fuck" at ArenaNet.

You can almost see who they play by the way the classes develop (cough, necro, cough elementalist). Some things never change.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2017, 19:06 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 18:06:
No. They're a shady company, man. I bought some shoes off what I thought was Amazon and it turns out it was some 3rd party reseller marketplace bullshit from China.

I'm a little apprehensive about this story... Every Amazon product I've seen, even when Prime has said when you're still buying from a third party source. It will say sold by xxx, fulfilled by Amazon.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 21, 2017, 19:04 MacLeod

Did this guy ever deliver on his last Kickstarter? The Alice movie/shorts thing he was doing?  

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2017, 15:45 MacLeod

Nullity wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 12:55:
I've been hoping they would start a new series at some point, but I'm nervous about this one. If it's a prequel, there can't really be much happening with the actual stargate, unless they throw out cannon. It's already been established in SG-1 that the original team that found the stargate only got it to work once, and then they more or less packed it up.

It seems it's just a 10-part, 10 minute each event series to get people to go to the site. It's about a young Catherine Langford on some sort of adventure.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2017, 10:51 MacLeod

Bright... It's Shadowrun without the Cyberpunk!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Season 3 Ends Next Week
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Season 3 Ends Next Week Jul 19, 2017, 15:54 MacLeod

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 15:30:
:45 - I present you The Paddle Sword of nothing special.

The biggest annoyance when I played... every damn sword is gigantic, like i was Cloud Strife, and they love fire particle effects.

Only decent normal-sized swords (that werent just generic plain ones) were gem-store ones.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 19, 2017, 10:12 MacLeod

I'll never understand walking simulators...

What Happened to Ethan Carter was close to one, but broke it up with actual puzzle mechanics to use (and the level of quality of graphics made it gorgeous.)

But What Remains of Edith Finch, I played for about 45 minutes, and the entire game, even when they have you do a "gameplay" section basically is just move forward. Ended up refunding it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 19, 2017, 09:49 MacLeod

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 20:46:
Musk made his money from paypal right? Besides that, are any of his businesses actually profitable? I hear all these science fiction ideas he's always touting and I wonder if he's just writing off colossal losses for taxation purposes.

There was just an article actually about how he had originally estimated that Tesla would be profitable by 2020, but the new calculation seems to indicate that it will be profitable by next year now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 10:53 MacLeod

The minute I saw blind card mechanic... knew it was going to be Richard Turner... that guy is amazing. Guy can second deal and bottom deal like no other. He also makes one-handed riffle shuffling look easy, more amazing since he's controlling the cards while doing it too.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 12:59 MacLeod

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:39:
I still don't see why people are so enamored with playerunknowns battlegrounds. Just another copycat from a multitude of other similar survival games. When all your opposition has to do is turn off some graphics details to see anyone hiding in the tall grass, you know it is another POS!

Except that you can't do that because the grass remains constant at any graphics settings (and has for a while now). Which you would know if you actually played the game, instead of whinging about an issue that doesn't exist.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 11:39 MacLeod

Anyone try Pretentious Game 5 and actually get past the moving mountains part? I spent a while on it, couldn't seem to figure it out. Finally looked at the walkthrough video, and it just seems like it pushes the mountain, but I had already tried that and it doesn't work.

EDIT:

Ah... the version linked is bugged. I'm assuming it's some sort of copy protection if you try to play from a different site than the branded one... Tried it on http://www.bubblebox.com/play/4364/pretentious-game-5.htm and it worked.

Also, I'd recommend anyone interested play from part 1 through part 5... theres actually a story to these games.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2017, 12:15.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2017, 16:31 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 16:10:
A theorem is precisely the point of my post. Respected and renowned scientists, Ethan Siegel and Michio Kaku, as two examples, have reached "a general proposition not self-evident but proved by a chain of reasoning."

Except that Kaku himself has said that the article in question basically completely misquoted him and he says that science can neither prove or disprove god...

https://innotechtoday.com/michio-kaku-clears-god-discovery/

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 26, 2017, 16:30 MacLeod

Zyrxil wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 10:01:
I think Hollow Knight is easily the best Metroidvania released in the past 5 years. The atmosphere is fantastic, the map is gigantic with lots of interconnectiveness that metroidvanias need, there's plenty of world lore lying around for you to piece together, and the Souls-elements fit so well with the Metroidvania theme of exploring a massive hostile environment alone.

How does it compare to Ori and the Blind Forest? I just finished that game and it's probably as close to a perfect game in the genre as I've played. Art, music and gameplay were all pretty much on point. Was thinking about getting Hollow Knight next.

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
13. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 26, 2017, 16:24 MacLeod

Acleacius wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 14:01:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 14:00:
Why are they waiting more than a month to put it on Steam?
Yeah, can't seem to find the install size. Normally you can see the info on Steam sales page. The original TSW seems to be 43 gig.

I think the full install option was 26gb.

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
12. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 26, 2017, 16:24 MacLeod

LittleMe wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 15:34:
Frijoles wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 13:20:
Jumped on to play this, saw nothing different. Apparently you have to start a new char. May try again tonight, but the character graphics and animations are showing their age. Makes it harder to get back in to.

The animations have been updated but I believe you need to start a new character to enjoy them.

Some were, some weren't. Everyone has to create a new character. It's not importing characters from the original game.

I tried it, but really don't like the "action combat reticle" interface that doesn't let me do anything else UI wise while moving or fighting.

Also kind of annoyed they're not giving patrons an extra character slot for subscribing. Most games I've seen with optional subs have that as a perk for subscribing.

459 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo