Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 613 (Apprentice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVGA NU Audio Card Announced
1. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 11:02 MacLeod

oh, the fond memories of my Gravis Ultrasound.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Alien Teasing
21. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 15:14 MacLeod

After watching the trailer and reading the description, I feel like they just made "Five Nights at Ripleys"... *sighs*  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 24, 2018, 12:55 MacLeod

So... the same Wintersday run they've had for years in GW2? ... kay.  

News Comments > ATLAS Early Access Launch
9. Re: ATLAS Early Access Launch Dec 23, 2018, 21:40 MacLeod

NamecaF wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 18:42:
Retired wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 18:16:
Re-skinned ARK? pass.

If that top Steam review is to be believed, this was actually meant to be a DLC for ARK.

I mean...

https://clips.twitch.tv/IronicClearQuailRlyTho

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2018, 12:47 MacLeod

Hopefully Insomniac can make a comeback after the pretty bad last DLC where their idea of difficulty was lets just make a wave with 4 rocket guys, that you can't get to because of a whip guy pulling you down, that you can't deal with because you have two brutes at close range, that you can't take down because there's two shield-jetpack guys dropping red lines that disable your gadgets, that you can't take care of because of the minigun brute shooting at you. Never mind all the regular enemies.

Also, the boss fight was a shit show where difficulty comes from not the boss himself but the fact you have to keep dealing with waves of enemies at the same time.

I 100%ed the game twice, once on normal, once on ultimate. Did the same for the first DLC, but I actually stopped playing the second DLC on ultimate before finishing the last two bases I needed to 100% because I was just annoyed with it. And to be honest, I really had to push myself to do that after finishing it on normal. Which is the first time this game actually made me feel like not playing it.

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow
19. Re: John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow Dec 9, 2018, 19:12 MacLeod

Hyperspace Delivery Boy 2!  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Nov 30, 2018, 15:35 MacLeod

Armengar wrote on Nov 30, 2018, 12:45:
there are some odd names around, quite a few might be classed as lost in translation but i read today about a child named 'Abcde' (pronounced Ab Sea Dee apparently). Thats just plane screwy.

The more insane thing is that apparently there's actually 328 people named Abcde... (probably more now, since that was in 2014).

News Comments > Wasteland Remaster Planned
1. Re: Wasteland Remaster Planned Nov 29, 2018, 19:17 MacLeod

Brian Fargo tweeted this back in June already...  

News Comments > Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times Announced
3. Re: Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times Announced Nov 28, 2018, 12:06 MacLeod

Darks wrote on Nov 28, 2018, 11:14:
Ugh, another POS turned based game. Doesn't anyone know how to make a real time game anymore or what?

To be fair... Warhammer Quest is a tabletop board game. So making it turn based makes sense.

If it was real-time, they'd probably just call it "Warhammer: The End Times".

Interesting though that it's "The End Times"... are the computer games going to finally transition to Age of Sigmar... normal Warhammer world has been destroyed for a while.

News Comments > Darksiders III Released
2. Re: Darksiders III Released Nov 28, 2018, 08:31 MacLeod

I ended up grabbing it. It's been okay so far. I'm honestly glad they removed the whole gear mechanics from the second game. To me, that was tedious... but I feel like they stripped it back too far, even more than the simple mechanics of the first game.

Also... what is the deal with no map? I googled it, and the developers said they didn't think that people liked it, and that they want players to get lost in the world and use objects as navigation. yes, that's great when I'm in an area and use the object to go somewhere I haven't been... but when I've left an area and come back after getting an ability that I know can unlock something, I have no clue where that is anymore after playing a completely different area. At least with a map, I can look at the thing and go "it was over here". Not to mention, even when you're going around an area, you're never quite sure if you're going in the direction of the objective or if you're doing side secret stuff... which is a bit annoying honestly.

News Comments > Darksiders III Trailer
3. Re: Darksiders III Trailer Nov 24, 2018, 09:05 MacLeod

What'd odd about picking "a horse with no name" is that in the first cutscene of the game, the horse comes up and she calls him Rampage.

So at no point, does the horse not have a name. :p

I feel like they were trying to get RDR2 people with this trailer...

News Comments > Darksiders III Intro Trailer
1. Re: Darksiders III Intro Trailer Nov 19, 2018, 10:49 MacLeod

I just want to know if the game is more like Darksiders or Darksiders 2... I loved the first game, but couldn't get through the second one... didn't like the combat in it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2018, 00:11 MacLeod

FFS... this storm was absurd... not because the roads were bad, they really weren't here... but apparently, everyone in NJ has lost their minds and forgot how to drive in winter weather since last season.

I have a 25 minute commute to and from work (with traffic, it's usually about 35 coming home). They let us out early at work today (at 4 pm)... I just got home at midnight. That's right... a 25 minute drive took 8 HOURS!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Crazy in love? The Japanese man 'married' to a hologram. Nov 12, 2018, 14:26 MacLeod

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 14:06:
RIP Stan Lee

Excelsior!

News Comments > Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC
2. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 8, 2018, 12:55 MacLeod

GinRummy wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 12:52:
Did they sell a season pass for it? Sucks if you bought it. I'd demand a refund if so.

All the season pass DLC was finished and released already.

They announced they were continuing extended support for the game by releasing 4 more DLCs.

It's a bit dissapointing really, ending the series on a DLC about the villain is odd, and I was really looking forward to the Luna one to flesh out her character. Seems like much of her story got cut from the original game.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2018, 09:05 MacLeod

Wow... the story of how he managed to get the radioactive material was much more interesting than breaking into your mom's boyfriends government lab using frisbees to mess with the motion sensors and replacing the plutonium with palmolive with glitter in it!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 23, 2018, 15:46 MacLeod

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 13:28:
Shocking, another terrible headline. The previous champ was using and had used in the past, the same technique.

The article says:

"Unlike many other top players, including Neubauer, Saelee uses hyper-tapping, a technique that requires players to press the D-pad rapidly at the the correct intervals in order to move Tetris pieces in different directions without losing speed."

So, apparently saying the previous champ uses that technique is incorrect.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 23, 2018, 11:06 MacLeod

Loving Spider-Man. 100%'ed it, and am playing through it again on NG+.

Still debating whether I should go and play the DLC on my original playthrough on Amazing (normal) difficulty, or finish my 100% of NG+ on Ultimate first. I'm concerned switching back to normal difficulty will throw me a bit when going back to finish Ultimate, especially since I seem to be in a bit of a groove on it now. But I really do want me some Black Cat DLC.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 19:33 MacLeod

WaltC wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 16:41:
It's stupid because such a remake mod is free advertising for Lucas Films, and the original games, and does not detract from the value of Lucas Films IP in the slightest--I'd love for those lawyers to tell me how such a remake, which the authors were doing out of love for the games and *not* for monetary gain, apparently, threatens the value of the Star Wars IP.

You have to be pretty dense to not understand that

1) This wasn't a mod. They were remaking the ENTIRE game. Stop with "that's okay." You know that's a load of crap.

2) How does it threaten the Star Wars IP... Lets see... The game ends up being glitchy, it looks badly on them. The game is literally a FREE version of their game, so now they're never going to sell another copy of it, or an enhanced edition if they decide to do that. Hell, it makes a sequel even questionable if theres a modern engine version of the real game. Lets also see... they start letting people use their IP for free... now nobody needs to license the property.

Anyway, had these folks the money they could likely take Lucas Arts to court and win on the simple basis of fair use

Yes, reusing the entire script of a game, sounds, basis of graphics and the IP are "Fair Use". Come on man...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 13:11 MacLeod

Linthat22 wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 11:57:
They should just keep going and rename it to Planet Battles: Fighters of the Ancient Realm

The problem is, unless they change the scenarios and dialogs and storyline, I'm sure they'll still get a C&D to shut them down, either by EA/BioWare or Lucasfilm again (since LucasArts published the game).

613 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo