Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 442 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 26, 2017, 16:30 MacLeod

Zyrxil wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 10:01:
I think Hollow Knight is easily the best Metroidvania released in the past 5 years. The atmosphere is fantastic, the map is gigantic with lots of interconnectiveness that metroidvanias need, there's plenty of world lore lying around for you to piece together, and the Souls-elements fit so well with the Metroidvania theme of exploring a massive hostile environment alone.

How does it compare to Ori and the Blind Forest? I just finished that game and it's probably as close to a perfect game in the genre as I've played. Art, music and gameplay were all pretty much on point. Was thinking about getting Hollow Knight next.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
13. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 26, 2017, 16:24 MacLeod

Acleacius wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 14:01:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 14:00:
Why are they waiting more than a month to put it on Steam?
Yeah, can't seem to find the install size. Normally you can see the info on Steam sales page. The original TSW seems to be 43 gig.

I think the full install option was 26gb.

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
12. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 26, 2017, 16:24 MacLeod

LittleMe wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 15:34:
Frijoles wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 13:20:
Jumped on to play this, saw nothing different. Apparently you have to start a new char. May try again tonight, but the character graphics and animations are showing their age. Makes it harder to get back in to.

The animations have been updated but I believe you need to start a new character to enjoy them.

Some were, some weren't. Everyone has to create a new character. It's not importing characters from the original game.

I tried it, but really don't like the "action combat reticle" interface that doesn't let me do anything else UI wise while moving or fighting.

Also kind of annoyed they're not giving patrons an extra character slot for subscribing. Most games I've seen with optional subs have that as a perk for subscribing.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 24, 2017, 02:58 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 17:22:
Blue Thunder whisper mode

LOL!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2017, 20:29 MacLeod

It's sad... so many of the main cast of Babylon 5 have passed already.

Goodbye Emperor Cotto.

News Comments > Call Of Cthulhu Trailer
5. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 16:34 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 15:02:
Cyanide and Spider remain two of Focus Entertainment's premium RPG developers. Big fan of both of their works. That said, not a fan of the Cthulhu mythos. A bit too demonic for my tastes. Not judging those who enjoys HP Lovecraft's work.

that's odd... I actually love the mythos because it seems so far removed from demonic/angelic dynamic to me. It's all space-creatures to which we're insignificant type stuff.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers
2. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2017, 21:33 MacLeod

BGE2 has gone from one of my most anticipated never-going-to-be-made sequels to something I have absolutely no interest in. A prequel with no Pey'J and Jade. Nothing in the realistic design or more mature tone says BGE to me. Except for the shot at the end that is obviously supposed to be Jade's mother, and Jade's theme playing at that point, nothing reminds me of BGE.

And that monkey is really annoying if he's going to be a playable character...

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 3, 2017, 19:34 MacLeod

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 15:05:
Blue, you cut the title off too early:

Richard Garriott Reassures Shroud Of The Avatar Backers About Their $11 Million Going to Build the New Wing of his Castle.

To be fair, Garriott did sell Brittania Manor back in 2014. And His other Austin property where he was going to build is currently on the market.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 2, 2017, 19:00 MacLeod

Now they just need to do this on mobile... because I can't tell you how many sites I've just given up visiting on my phone because they're impossible to browse with either slow loading ads that pop up over everything and no way to close for an extended length of time. Or my real favorite... the ones that just redirect to a site that you can't go back from to get to the original article you were trying to read. Like WTF point is having ads on your site if they literally redirect people off the site with no way to go back.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2017, 13:08 MacLeod

Orogogus wrote on May 30, 2017, 12:53:

You see it a lot in Roman Latin inscriptions. Although usually they don't have a J, either.

Isn't that usually a V instead of a U?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization May 20, 2017, 07:59 MacLeod

The Engadget article on this mentioned that they were a 2014 model of Beats that required additional batteries to operate.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
24. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 16:43 MacLeod

HoSpanky wrote on May 19, 2017, 15:14:
Oh please, CJ doesn't play games, he just comes on Blue's to bitch about every game that exists. Nothing is good enough for his royal highness.

I've honestly gotten to the point with him, where I really feel that is actually the case.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2017, 16:46 MacLeod

Black and White Bushido is almost literally that Samurai Jack episode where they fight and the entire thing is done in solid white and black with no shading. Awesome sequence.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2017, 11:54 MacLeod

Beamer wrote on May 17, 2017, 11:51:
But the author is more involved than the games, and he isn't a fan of the games, yet I think TW3 probably has the best characters, or world, or something, of any game I've played, so I think not having him involved had to have been a benefit.

I actually read a recent interview with him a month or so ago, and (from what I remember) it's not so much that he doesn't like the games, he actually complimented on them on the job they did, he just finds it frustrating some times how people think he's writing books based on the games and such.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced
5. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced May 16, 2017, 12:59 MacLeod

Flatline wrote on May 16, 2017, 11:12:
From reading the splash page it appears to be a strategy game as opposed to a space combat game. It talks about building fleets and the smallest ship it mentions is a corvette.

Might be interesting.

Build a fleet with... umm... resources? no? oh. My bad. Defend your starting fleet, for which you can't get any replacements from unending waves of cylon ships!

(yes, after looking at the URL at the end of the trailer, it's set during the first Cylon war, so fleet building makes more sense. But I still stand by my joke.)

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale
28. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 21:14 MacLeod

Flatline wrote on May 13, 2017, 19:52:
The game was fun. Weird but fun. And it was written with a sequel in mind but it never materialized.

Even more frustrating is that in the beginning level of Quantum Break, they put in a television that, when you turn it on, plays a trailer for an Alan Wake sequel. That's just rubbing salt in the wound.

25. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 17:12 MacLeod

jimeh wrote on May 13, 2017, 16:50:
word of warning: I picked this up and its got a very confusing 3rd person perspective where the player is off to the side which makes it sort of hard to walk in a straight line or know where you're looking.

Weird... Never had an issue with this game in regards to movement.

10. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 00:57 MacLeod

Slashman wrote on May 12, 2017, 22:55:
Are The Poets of the Fall responsible for this? They had some great tracks in Alan Wake. Children of the Elder God being one of my favorites.

I was more thinking it was the licensing for the Roy Orbison and David Bowie tracks.

News Comments > Neverwinter Celebrates 15M Players
1. Re: Neverwinter Celebrates 15M Players Apr 27, 2017, 21:56 MacLeod

I love when game companies tout their "Registered Player" count. SoE did this crap with Free Realms, acting like it was hugely popular, when it actually ended up failing. Pretty much it's a PR stat, and not a valid metric of anything.  

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
6. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 26, 2017, 13:52 MacLeod

Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 13:24:
First off, that wasn't Vivendi, it was Infogrames. Second off, you can't even blame them, because that ignores everything from the Lynx in 1989, the Jaguar in the early 90s, the remainder of the 90s when Atari sold literally nothing, and two years of continuing to be nothing with Hasbro.

Its a shame they didn't market the Lynx properly or get good developer support on the games side... It really was a way better system than Game Boy. Backlit color display, did equivalent of SNES Mode7 effects before SNES, and you could link multiple systems to play together.

442 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo