Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 515 (Apprentice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]
8. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 13:43 MacLeod

I actually enjoyed XV quite a lot. I never really had a problem with the on-rails part at the end, I think it made sense from the way the story was being told. It is a shame we didn't get to see all of the city though. It's actually the first FF game I've played to completion since VIII.

I've actually been debating whether I was going to get it again for PC just to play through again with the extra stuff... though the thought of running through Pitioss dungeon again makes me want to kill myself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paradox Wrench
2. Re: Paradox Wrench Jan 4, 2018, 13:20 MacLeod

"Mulder?!"

"SCULLY!"

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
7. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 4, 2018, 08:52 MacLeod

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 00:12:
Cuphead has best soundtrack, over Nier and Transistor?

Yeah, right.

I thought that was odd too. Voted for Transistor myself. I think the problem is people just vote for the popular name, or they just vote without really caring because they just want the trading card.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 14:27 MacLeod

ItBurn wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 11:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 10:13:
Notepad++ is best notepad

Nope, I prefer UltraEdit. Notepad++'s search is a nightmare.

What do you find to be a nightmare in Notepad++ search... never really had any issues with it myself and I'm curious.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 20:34 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 19:45:
All the nominations and awards for Divinity: Original Sin 2 happened months after its September 14, 2017 release.

I think the phrasing was at issue in your original post, and still to an extent in this one. Crowdfunding isn't a release model, it's a funding one, so when you said "crowdfunded, EA or unreleased" shouldn't get a nomination, I think that's where the issue was for me. If you're saying just "unfinished games" shouldn't be nominated, I agree.

The only argument that can kind of be made for PUBG was that release date was already set at that point, and it was pretty much feature-complete for launch - the play mechanics weren't going to change in the couple weeks between awards and launch.

Now, even if that was the case, I probably would have asked to pull it from contention, just because I'd have rather waited for the 2018 awards and had another year of polish before voting (especially considering how well it's selling, it's not like it's going to be forgotten by next year)... but then you'd have to be concerned whether or not you were eligible since the game launched in December the previous year. But that's a whole other discussion on how they run gaming awards.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 19:06 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:31:
Crowdfunded, Early Access, and unfinished are all the same thing. None of them have reached gold status. None of them should even be nominated for any kind of big league awards. Imagine if a movie like The Room won Oscar for Best Picture. What sort of quality bar would that set?

If you're saying that Divinity: Original Sin 2 didn't deserve to at least be nominated for a best RPG, just because it was crowdfunded, I don't know what to say man, other than that perhaps you should look at yourself and realize that your hatred of crowdfunding is a bit over the top. Trying to compare that to "The Room" winning an award is absurd. One is a masterly crafted product, the other is... well... "The Room".

P.S. "Oh, hi Mark."

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 18:56 MacLeod

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:05:
the erudites enjoyed King's Quest and the mouthbreathers played Wolfenstein 3D.

Did you just call me an erudite mouthbreather?

News Comments > CCP Job Listing Hints MMORPG Plans
15. Re: CCP Job Listing Hints MMORPG Plans Dec 30, 2017, 06:22 MacLeod

Rossafur wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 19:06:
Paradox darn well better not repeat that... *still waiting for an announcement from them*

I know they're working on a new edition of "Vampire: the Masquerade", Maybe they're waiting for that release before any video games?

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
17. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 30, 2017, 06:12 MacLeod

Rhett wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 19:53:
We need a WW2 DayZ Zombie Survival Battle Royale game now.

Well, there is (was?) a server setting for zombies in PUBG. It basically makes 4-5 people a team, and the entire rest of the server are a zombie horde. It was pretty fun from the couple times I played it.

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
7. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 29, 2017, 12:29 MacLeod

aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 11:23:
yep, and 1/2 were hackers/ cheats -- so how many of the rest were double/ triple accounts from the previous bans..??

Concurrent... that's at the same time. If they were double and triple accounts from bans, that wouldn't be concurrent since the other accounts would be banned.

News Comments > CCP Job Listing Hints MMORPG Plans
9. Re: CCP Job Listing Hints MMORPG Plans Dec 29, 2017, 12:27 MacLeod

They did so well with that World of Darkness MMO...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 19, 2017, 12:08 MacLeod

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 09:58:
I enjoyed the 2 seasons of Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency.

Note that showrunner Max Landis has indicated that while BBCA has pulled out, AMC is still on board, so if the Netflix international premier in January (the 5th or 8th I believe) can do solid numbers, there is a chance it can continue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 10:09 MacLeod

Verno wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 09:53:

I was feeling this way too but I think I'll just go see it at the VIP theater. Keeps the woman happy since its a night out and I get burgers, beer and a nice leather seat. Critics are absolutely gaga for it and early reviews froms are almost all positive so I think it'll be worth it. TFA feedback was much more mixed.

Rotten Tomatoes critics score is 93% currently, with an average rating of 8.2, which is exactly the same as TFA.

Interestingly, the audience is only at 62% liked it. I'd have expected the first day audience scores to be higher.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 09:27 MacLeod

Glad you enjoyed it Blue. I also had moderate-to-low expectations going in (the last trailer that everyone raved about, I actually didn't like at all)... and I had the opposite reaction.

I'll write the same thing I said on another site:

I don't know. There was nothing inherently bad with the movie (well, except for the "Mary Poppins" scene... wtf), and I don't fault anyone for liking it, but nothing resonated with me. I thought the Kylo / Rey plot was setting up a very interesting plot turn, and instead it then resolved in the most conventional way. I checked my watch 5 times during the movie, and the first time, it hadn't even been an hour yet. It felt VERY long.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 14, 2017, 13:39 MacLeod

Scheherazade wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:55:
It's the movie that "Hunger Games" was based on.

Except that Suzanne Collins has gone on record to say she never actually had heard of the book or seen the movie before she wrote the first novel. It was brought to her attention after she turned in the manuscript, and she says when she asked if she should look into them, they told her not to and to finish her series first. She maintains that she still has never read the book or seen the movie.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway
4. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 11, 2017, 21:07 MacLeod

Now that I've almost completely finished Origins (only have Hippodrome races left), I was planning on picking up where I left the franchise (I was in the middle-end of Brotherhood), and between this and their previous give away of AC3, it's less games I'll have to buy. :p  

News Comments > World War Z Game Announced
10. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:48 MacLeod

Oh a World War Z game... this could be interesting. Oh wait, it's based on the shitty movie, not the book. Never mind.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2017, 13:33 MacLeod

Traffic flow (*In "Cities: Skylines")  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Adds New Chapter with VR Support
3. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Adds New Chapter with VR Support Dec 5, 2017, 22:37 MacLeod

For a second, I thought I'd have to reinstall RotTR to play new DLC, but this is old DLC, just with added VR support.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
31. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 20, 2017, 10:01 MacLeod

Jerykk wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 18:57:

There was no award for best overall indie game... only best indie game that was part of the Square Enix Collective program, which is extremely limiting.

You're reading the category wrong (mostly because that list is really badly formatted). The category was "Best Indie Game" and the award was presented in collaboration with SEC. Not sure why they didn't use the "sponsored by" tag for that one like they did the others.

I'm more baffled at how Friday the 13th won that... that game was a hot mess of design that faded away really fast. I would have voted Thimbleweed Park or Slime Rancher on their list over that.

515 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo