Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 577 (Apprentice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 10, 2018, 09:14 MacLeod

Slick wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 08:10:
Darksiders II was really good, it felt like it borrowed from all the good parts of a modern Zelda game mixed with God of war-like hack and slash.

Hoping that III is even better, cause the first one was pretty forgettable.

See, I disagree... I found the first game really enjoyable, but didn't like the second game at all because of the mechanics change. hehe.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Darksiders III in November
5. Re: Darksiders III in November Jul 10, 2018, 09:11 MacLeod

I hope it plays more like the first game than the second one... I honestly couldn't make it through the second game. Didn't like it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 19, 2018, 15:51 MacLeod

if you watch the video on the slow-motion tech page, you can actually see the system glitch on the hockey clip. Watch the glove that makes contact with the top of the goal. You'll see it jump-warp from what I assume was the prediction to the next frame as he makes contact.  

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu Trailer
4. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 11:58 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 11:35:
I'm down with the sickness.

That's usually what gets the protagonist or investigator turning into a frog-man at the end of the story in a Cthulhu story... :p

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu Trailer
2. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 11:22 MacLeod

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 10:58:
So this is like Amnesia The Dark Descent with better graphics?

Well, and it seemingly is an RPG, with actual people to interact with, so quite a bit of difference.

If you mean the sanity thing, that was a staple of the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper game long before Amnesia.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed
10. Re: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed Jun 9, 2018, 22:57 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 20:26:
Fallen? Great flick. Time is on my side, yes it is....

"Oh... but you forgot something... I said I was going to tell you about the time I ALMOST died."

I love that movie.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2018, 16:48 MacLeod

"You won't kill me. You would miss me."

<bang>

"I never miss."

While I wasn't a big fan of the movie, I loved that scene.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer
5. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer May 30, 2018, 11:25 MacLeod

Unknown Soldier wrote on May 30, 2018, 11:11:
There have already been two pseudo-real time versions of Space Hulk for PC. One in the 90's and one just a couple years ago. You could pause them but they were definitely not turn based gameplay.

Space Hulk game adaptation came out in 2013 and was turn based.
Space Hulk Ascension was the same and came out in 2014.

The original 90s PC one also was a weird hybrid thing though. They gave you freeze time so you could give your orders that ran down. Basically to simulate the equivilant of the original games Space Marine turn being timed.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 29, 2018, 11:26 MacLeod

Hopefully nobody hits "reply-all" on that. Wow.  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
2. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 29, 2018, 11:23 MacLeod

Suing Epic worked so well for Silicon Knights...  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle?
35. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 28, 2018, 20:47 MacLeod

jdreyer wrote on May 28, 2018, 16:09:
I love how this game has generated its own vocabulary that RSI forum users use fluently, most of which I have no idea what it means:

LTI, concierge, warbond, OP, UEC, ORG, etc.

With the terminology, the blind devotion of many who are "in" and the constant need to spend money, it's almost like Scientology. :p

News Comments > Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More
8. Re: Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More May 10, 2018, 09:17 MacLeod

Creston wrote on May 10, 2018, 08:57:
The Pyro wrote on May 10, 2018, 07:29:
Don't forget the Final Fantasy VII remake! I guess technically it's already been announced, but wasn't the project in development limbo for a while?

Yeah, they were still hiring for that as little as a few months ago, so I kinda doubt that it'll be out this year.

Remember though, last I heard, they were splitting that game into multi-part releases, so it's possible the first part will be done.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2018, 11:30 MacLeod

I swear... They just need to leak the whole damn movie when it comes to "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote". That movie has had such a crazy time trying to get made. Now this, thanks to the asshole ex-producer who apparently never gave them any money, it might not get released.

And in other news, Gilliam apparently had a stroke too. (he'd already had a heart attack seemingly because of this movie.)

EDIT: Apparently, they one the Paris case against the ex-producer, so it will screen at Cannes. And Gilliam supposedly went to the hospital for a minor health issue, but reports of it being a stroke were incorrect.)

This comment was edited on May 9, 2018, 14:18.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2018, 11:35 MacLeod

My favorite thing coming out of a FE convention that I read the other day was the "Pac-Man effect" where, since we know you can travel in one direction and arrive at someplace in the opposite direction, what happens is that when you get to the edge, you teleport to the other side of the earth and keep going.

It astounds me at the more and more complex things people keep coming up with to try and justify FE.

News Comments > Flight Sim World to be Grounded
3. Re: Flight Sim World to be Grounded Apr 29, 2018, 15:50 MacLeod

Maybe having $230 worth of DLC while the game is still not complete could be part of the reason you didn't get an audience...  

News Comments > Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
4. Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 11:33 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 11:23:
So people have to choose to enable a setting. That's a good thing.

Completely disagree on this. Because now, when people want to write damaging reviews that are actually written well, but contain bad information, there's no way to actually combat that by having people respond to the review. (and the reverse is also true)

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2018, 11:19 MacLeod

Quick, someone let Trent Reznor know about that Robotron cabinet. lol.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 18, 2018, 18:49 MacLeod

Orly wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 14:25:
And as far as your statement goes regarding us "stealing all the elements" well The Blacklodge is totally different from the show, there is no FBI Office or anything like in the show or movies, Glastonburry Grove is a forest that we hand crafted to look like the actual location, The Diner is the same but different containing elements from the show but presented in a different way. But since these are locations that people who love the show want to visit and see in a whole new format, we are trying to honor the material and also honor the fans while creating a whole new story in that world.

Look, there are so many elements in this that are literally ripped straight from the show. Unless you're telling me you've got the license to produce, I'm sticking by "stealing all the elements".

---
Here's a list from one quick viewing:
0:00 - Twin Peaks music for video - Laura Palmer's theme

0:17 - Black Lodge room is set up exactly like the show

0:27 gas station lumberjack

0:31 - "Relive the some of the shows most iconic moments"

0:31 - Location from Twin Peaks: The Return

0:44 - Gas station scene from The Return

1:08 - Dossier by "the archivist" - literally the premise behind "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" - Identity already given in book BTW.

1:16 - Video room from The Return

1:17 - Laura Palmer replica in Black Lodge room

1:22 - Owl ring from The Return

1:30 "interact with TP's memorable characters and locations" showing someone dancing like Audrey.

1:36 - BOB

1:48 - Giant

1:52 - gas station scene from Return again

1:57 - Tree "man from another place" from The Return

2:01 - Laura again

2:03 - Man from another Place (original version) with owl ring

2:19 - Twin Peaks theme starts

---

I'm not going to even get into how offensive it is for you to think it's okay to take wholesale a concept that is succinctly David Lynch, and think you could "continue" it like you'd know where it's going.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 18, 2018, 13:59 MacLeod

Inspired by Twin Peaks... watching that trailer, it's more like "Steal all the elements of Twin Peaks". That wasn't even trying to be its own thing.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 17, 2018, 14:19 MacLeod

Avus wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 13:58:
Asus created AREZ because they are "scared" by Nvidia...

Now Nvidia has to come out with a KRATOZ line of cards to kill the AREZ.

Yea, that was a "God of War" joke. Don't blame me, it's coming out this Friday and it's on my mind.

577 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo