Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > ROM: Extraction Released
6. Re: ROM: Extraction Released Dec 8, 2016, 08:44 MacLeod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 22:37:
Same.. that definitely says something about the general age and nerdiness level of Bluesnews.

I don't think ROM (Space Knight) has had a comic in... like 15 years?

IDW started a new series in 2015. (Original comics were Marvel, but they lost the license from Parker Brothers. Think their last ROM comic was 85 or 86. They did a Spaceknights miniseries in the early naughts, but ROM was never shown or mentioned, only as his new name and in Human form.)

And I think there were plans of doing a weird shared GI Joe, Micronauts and ROM movie universe at one point.

EDIT: just looked at wikipedia page... it was a shared movie universe of GI Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light and MASK.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 16:45 MacLeod

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 16:32:
I must have played a different GW2 than everyone here so far.

I found the end-game content to be non-existent and/or boring. You could fight world bosses as a group, but it was essentially just a zerg fest, with no actual coordination or strategy required.

World PvP was the exact same. Just a giant glob of people relentlessly attacking wooden doors all day/night.

I did enjoy the questing while leveling as an Asura, but got bored quickly once max level was reached.

Yea... was going to say the same thing. lol.

(Though some of the newer world bosses did actually require some coordination - Great Jungle Worm for example)

I also despise the side effect of F2P game design: "Lets not actually put any cool stuff in the game and just keep putting everything in the gem store". And they even screwed that up introducing outfits, so you can't even mix and match cool looking gear with each other to make a unique outfit anymore with gem store stuff.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2016, 10:57 MacLeod

Great... so I'll have to deal with the obnoxious "I know everything" attitude of Damien Wayne. Ugh. Worst comic idea ever.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
25. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 11:22 MacLeod

Man I really hate the new Steam front page for the store. Before, there was a list format with tabs for sales, new releases and popular. It was really easy to quickly glance at everything. Now Everything is giant logo buttons that are a pain in the ass to look at, and I have to go to sub-pages to get to full lists of anything.  

News Comments > Wacky Wheels HD
6. Re: Wacky Wheels HD Nov 23, 2016, 13:36 MacLeod

ItBurn wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:11:
Loved the original back in the day, but this looks terrible. There's no water splashes when you drive in water. That's an instant fail for me.

There is though... :p they're just really small and only cover the bottom 1/8th of the tire.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2016, 10:51 MacLeod

I feel like the SAG-AFTRA logo looks like Freddie Mercury doing his arm-up pose thing. lol.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
33. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 16:07 MacLeod

Armengar wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:57:
Ship the game.

This is the game... you see, at some point, one of the hidden strech goals was to add yet another game-type to the design spec... this is all part of the ARG phase of the project. :p

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 13:55 MacLeod

My favorite part of that opening was, after 20 seconds of being attacked by Genestealers and fighting, Nahum says "We are not alone."... Apparently his rank is Captain Obvious. lol.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 13:13 MacLeod

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 12:44:
a fan of the first two Space Hulk PC games in particular.

Nothing beats the original EA Space Hulk adaptation mission briefing guys voice.

"Brother Marine... One squad is available for your command."

Dude's voice was epic.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
2. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Nov 16, 2016, 14:56 MacLeod

nano class. Play as Kevin Costner from the looks of the preview before hitting play. :p  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 12:05 MacLeod

A bulleted list of points where two of the points start with "not to mention"... but you are mentioning it... as it's own item... in a list.

:p

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 15, 2016, 22:32 MacLeod

Has nothing to do with the card. The opening scenario actually ran fine on my system. The problem comes from the fact that the game randomly crashes the video driver to the point of thinking the driver has been uninstalled. And it's not just the 660ti, 780s and others are being affected too.

There's clearly something going on, as using an old driver makes the game work fine, but I don't feel like using a 2 year old driver and playing with my system to work around the driver version check.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 15, 2016, 21:08 MacLeod

And still no fix for the Battlefield issue apparently. *thumbs up NVidia*  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 11:11 MacLeod

I wonder if it will fix the "I can't play this on my 660ti because it just crashes my video driver, requiring a reboot, unless I install a 2 year old driver and use a work around to avoid driver version detection." issue.

Apparently this has been an ongoing issue since launch, with multiple nvidia cards, and it's still broke. There's like a 16 page thread on it on the nvidia support forums.

News Comments > Steam Redesign
19. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 8, 2016, 10:09 MacLeod

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 09:36:
Why would you want to change your account name anyways? You can pick and use whatever nickname you want.
My account name is totally different from my user name on Steam too.
I mean I understand it sucks you can not change it but I just don't understand why this is a big deal?

Because it annoys me that it's an old email address. I'd like to not have it look like an email address. Especially since that email address isn't the contact email address on the account. It looks weird. lol

17. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 8, 2016, 09:12 MacLeod

Prez wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 08:46:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 08:14:
But i still can't change my account name from my old email address that I don't use any more.

It used to be the case that in order to do that you had to contact Steam support. I don't envy you; Steam support sucks.

according to everything I've read and tried, they can not change your account name, it's too tied into the account and some other such bs.

13. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 8, 2016, 08:14 MacLeod

But i still can't change my account name from my old email address that I don't use any more.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2016, 22:10 MacLeod

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 19:23:
And DC didn't think Nicolas Cage could pull off Superman either (thank god)

actually, after watching the documentary on the Superman Lives movie, I'd actually think I'd have liked to have seen it. Their take on it was interesting, Cage actually seemed like he was getting into the roles (probably having to due with him being a big Superman fan), and it was while Cage was actually still good.

More importantly though, the documentary addressed a little something about my problem with Tim Burton... I feel the guy is just dark-strange guy, and that's all he wants to do, and truthfully, I'm actually not a big fan of his work, short of a few exceptions. But the one of the reasons he took on Superman was to push himself out of that comfort zone and do something more traditional, which would have been interesting to see.

News Comments > More BlizzCon Announcement Details
7. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 5, 2016, 09:59 MacLeod

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 09:55:
Don't worry, since it doesn't seem they aren't adding any additional content other than the Diablo 1 HD stuff, you'll remember why the game is bad in no time.

Except that the D1 stuff is coming in an anniversary update, and the Necro pack is something different, and the original article below this one also mentions two new areas playable in adventure mode that will also be coming out.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
8. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 5, 2016, 09:54 MacLeod

It's so weird to hear someone actually say "Warhammer Fourty-Thousand"... so used to just hearing people call it "Warhammer 40K".

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo