Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 297 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
1. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 10:28 MacLeod

Alternate universe... crystalline zombies... well, this went (even more) off the reservation now that Kojima left.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey Trailers
16. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 5, 2016, 09:58 MacLeod

some of these creatures...

Feels like you'll have to end up at Z'ha'dum.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2016, 18:44 MacLeod

It's really sad how many people from Babylon 5 have passed, and not like minor people, but the main actors:

Michael O'Hare (Sinclair)
Richard Biggs (Franklin)
Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)
Jeff Conaway (Zack)

And now Garibaldi. Makes me sad. Always kind of hoped that there would be some sort of movie with the originals some way, though I think that once Andreas died, my thoughts of any true B5 sequel series kind of diminished, because I can't picture the B5 universe without his presence. His delivery of the Declaration of Principles in S5E3 is amazing.

I know JMS has talked about doing a reboot movie, and recently brought it up again at Comic-Con that he wants to get a few movie projects under his belt that hopefully succeed before he'll be able to get the budget he wants. (Aiming for 100 million, said they could probably get about 65 now.)

News Comments > DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans
6. Re: DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans Jul 28, 2016, 20:44 MacLeod

I'm still pissed at this game, that after forcing my way through multiplayer to get achievements to finish 100%ing this game, they added more, all multiplayer, thereby screwing up my perfect game.  

News Comments > 8DAYS Released
3. Re: 8DAYS Released Jul 23, 2016, 05:48 MacLeod

SlimRam wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 02:05:
Yup, i'm already sick of the look of these games. Accelerated graphics were invented for a reason.

The funny thing is, when the first few came out, I was all "This is a cool, fun, little thing", as I've never been a graphics whore. I'll still play old games via emulators and stuff. But now, because those games became popular, it's just become this crutch for people to not actually take the effort to make their games look like they come from this decade.

News Comments > 8DAYS Released
1. Re: 8DAYS Released Jul 22, 2016, 22:30 MacLeod

I swear, there are so many "throwback graphics" games at this point, that it's going to eventually be a throwback when you actually have modern looking graphics.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
20. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 14:42 MacLeod

SirKnight wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 13:01:
AmericanWulf wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 11:59:
the titan series of cards are geared more for the content creators, the graphic artist, or the power needed for graphical rendering. It is really not marketed nor designed as the ultimate gaming/gamer card, never has been.

Yeah, the Titan is a halfway point between GeForce and Quadro/Tesla.

I had thought it might be something like that. Thanks.

Also, to those who brought up I was looking at benchmark for the old TitanX... I know. That's why I compared to the 980ti, not the 1080.

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
3. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 11:42 MacLeod

Can someone actually explain the Titan to me? I don't get it.

According to videocardbenchmark, the TitanX has a lower G3D Mark score than the 980ti, but is over 3x the cost.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2016, 10:25 MacLeod

I want to back the System Shock kickstarter... but I have a weird feeling about it. Not sure why. Plus they've been vague about which engine actual development will use and we're less than a week out without any actual update on their plans for the VR portion of the game.  

News Comments > Trials on Tatooine Released
4. Re: Trials on Tatooine Released Jul 18, 2016, 23:07 MacLeod

https://lightsaber.withgoogle.com/

Who needs VR? :p

From what I read on this demo, it's basically the same thing without the goggles. hehe.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
24. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 17, 2016, 08:02 MacLeod

NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 00:22:
Seems very likely. When this shit goes tits up, CIG will be blameless. It'll be the "haters" and Derek Smart and evil outside forces that "wanted the game to fail" who destroyed it.

Which is idiotic, since the original stretch goal to have a persistent universe, with 100 systems, a single player campaign, full voice acting w/ stars, a tablet companion app, and a full orchestral score was $6 million. The game has made almost $120 million, so about 20x that amount.

That, and considering the Kickstarter campaign specifically mentions that they had investors willing to put in the rest of the money for development, but the campaign was to show that there was enough interest for a PC space simulator, this game should have had more than enough money to finish based on their own estimates.

But you're right. It will be "blame the haters" from the fanatics.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2016, 21:32 MacLeod

I'm talking about the actual guys running CSGOLotto, not Valve. The owner is a huge streamer who basically advertised CSGOLotto like it was a site he found where he "gambled" his stuff, but in actuality owned the site, and never disclosed it on said streams.  

3. Re: The Lottery Jul 6, 2016, 20:25 MacLeod

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 19:44:
Sleazy yes, illegal nope.

Considering they promoted the product, that they owned, never stated they owned it, and even made it seem like they just stumbled on the site, the FTC might argue that.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2016, 19:28 MacLeod

Man, I love legalese letters where they try and doublespeak their way out of getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
26. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 30, 2016, 16:41 MacLeod

Nucas wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 13:32:
i understand that. i said "vaguely similar" because while guns are available in both worlds they are a rarity; in dune because of technological advancement, in technomancer due to stagnation, but the result is the same with an emphasis on hand to hand combat and supplemental techniques and technologies. i didn't think anyone wanted a treatise about dune in a thread about a video game. whoops.

I misunderstood and thought you were saying it was because of stagnation in Dune, so the Dune-obsessive in me had to clarify. :p

"Ya Hya Chouhada!"

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
16. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 15:41 MacLeod

Nucas wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 14:10:
vaguely similar to Dune, which also didn't have guns. i believe it's a technology stagnation/availability thing. in the game the world has been on the decline for centuries since some big catastrophe and technologies aren't able to be replaced as they fail. it's a pretty depressing world honestly.

There are guns in Dune. Projectile weapons were used by the houses, but generally became obsolete , since people employed Holtzman shields, which would stop normal projectiles.

They also use lasguns, but those are not used as often because of the lasgun-shield effect, which causes a massive nuclear explosion.

Vehicles tend to have some sort of projectile weaponry, along with rocket launchers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2016, 13:16 MacLeod

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 12:56:
A THIRD of Valve is now doing VR??? Half Life 3 VR Confirmed!!!!!

Yea. I knew I got here too late to make the joke. :p

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
54. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 17:17 MacLeod

Was thinking of picking up Skyrim again and finishing it. Anyone have a GOOD recommended list of mods to use. I've installed the unofficial legendary patch, the high res patch and the SkyUI (and SKSE, obviously). Which I know I was using last time I played, but wasn't sure if there were any other good stuff that's like near necessity.  

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
11. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 08:51 MacLeod

Man the XP to gain games would be cool... except for the fact that I already own Spelunky and Dreamfall Chapters on Steam. Only getting Gabriel Knight is a let down, especially since I can just that game for $5.00 on sale. (I still have to play that remake, GK is probably my favorite adventure game... though not having Tim Curry's voice is a bit of a let down.)  

News Comments > TRON RUN/r Demo
2. Re: TRON RUN/r Demo Jun 8, 2016, 10:06 MacLeod

Are you kidding me?? Are they really trying to sell what amounts to a glorified Temple Run for (without the current discount) $19.99 - $39.99, depending on version, with in-app purchases, AND a $15.00 season pass??  

297 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo