Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 310 (Amateur)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Fixes
12. Re: BioShock Remastered Fixes Sep 17, 2016, 05:25 MacLeod

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 18:36:
Shame the audios fucked...

What I really want to know, from watching that video, why the hell does the female splicer that kills the guy when you're in the bathysphere have hooks that glow orange in the remastered version?!?!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVERSPACE Early Access
17. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 16:22 MacLeod

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 16:12:
Exactly what I was thinking. I hate garbage RNG rogue-likes. Nothing like having your gameplay entirely based off luck sometimes and not player skill.

I don't think you quite read what I was saying.

I actually don't have a problem with Roguelikes, as long as there's some balancing to the random components.

12. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 15:55 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 14:25:

Hope that helps.

God damn it... Rogue.

If it's Rouge, it's a makeup based simulation.

7. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 13:50 MacLeod

Early Access needs to change it's name to something else. I keep thinking people are referencing Electronic Arts whenever I see the abbreviation EA. Though Electronic Arts does tend to put out unfinished, buggy products I want to stay away from, so maybe we can keep using the same abbreviation.

This does look pretty cool though.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 09:18 MacLeod

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 23:40:
This is incorrect. Only Shadowplay allows you to use integral hardware in your GPU for recording that has a drastically smaller performance impact than any other recording software out there. NvENC (their hardware x264 encoder) is the only portion that other recording software can use, but the greatest performance gains come from NvFBC and NvIFR, which are not available in anything besides this program, that now requires a login and cannot be used offline to record gameplay after this update. It's ridiculous.

Has shadowplay added the ability to hide the mouse cursor yet? I mean, it's only been two years since people have been asking for it.

News Comments > Boulder Dash - 30th Anniversary
2. Re: Boulder Dash - 30th Anniversary Sep 14, 2016, 21:11 MacLeod

DLC on launch day... which is needed to play the original levels.

Yea.

And according to the one review, it says its a port of the free-to-play mobile game with no changes (other than there being no in-game purchases)

News Comments > PC Dead Rising Rises
1. Re: PC Dead Rising Rises Sep 13, 2016, 20:53 MacLeod

I remember wanting to play this game, but I have a thing against strict time limits in games. Completely switches me from interested to not interested.  

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
12. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 9, 2016, 23:16 MacLeod

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:31:
If you don't get the copy i wouldn't sweat it.
From what I've seen the pc remastered rereleased version don't look that different from the original, another reason why it's probably free if you own the game

Any comparison shots remaster vs normal version yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bioshock/comments/4qio3c/bioshock_remaster_comparison_screenshots/

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Sep 9, 2016, 08:40 MacLeod

wow... such rage for a weeks worth of fixes from the last snapshot. *shakes head*  

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
30. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 8, 2016, 08:52 MacLeod

Wesp5 wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 08:00:
Or if you want something more colorful and bigger, install The Babylon Project which brings the battles of that great TV show onto your PC! The current standalone version should work fine with the Zathras mod, but a new improved release is about to be done.

Wait... whaaa... *sputters* how did I not know about this glorious looking B5 thing?!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 7, 2016, 10:58 MacLeod

Connery hasn't been in a movie since League of Extraordinary Gentlemen though (other than voice work in a single animated movie and the Bond video game), so really there's not much to update when you're retired probably.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 13:54 MacLeod

If you skip to 27 minutes in The Killing Joke, so that you start when Batman is entering Arkham (the starting point of the comic), it's passable. I won't comment on the previous 27 minutes (to avoid spoilers) other than saying that it was not needed. More frustrating is the cutting of lines from the actual comic when they used the prequel to pad time.

I will say, while Hamill (as always) killed it as the Joker, I thought Kevin Conroy was pretty flat as Batman. Which is really a shame since he usually shines in all his portrayals... it seemed odd that this would be the one he kind of stumbled on.

News Comments > H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month
6. Re: H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month Aug 31, 2016, 09:03 MacLeod

Squirmer wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 22:30:
Wasn't this supposed to be free to play when it left early access?

originally. Then they split it into two games and announced it wasn't going to be F2P back in Feb. Daybreak (formerly SoE) is probably one of the shittiest companies ever. They astoundingly got crappier after Smedley and Georgeson were let go. At this point, you'd have to be an idiot to buy one of their products.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
1. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 10:28 MacLeod

Alternate universe... crystalline zombies... well, this went (even more) off the reservation now that Kojima left.  

News Comments > Prey Trailers
16. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 5, 2016, 09:58 MacLeod

some of these creatures...

Feels like you'll have to end up at Z'ha'dum.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2016, 18:44 MacLeod

It's really sad how many people from Babylon 5 have passed, and not like minor people, but the main actors:

Michael O'Hare (Sinclair)
Richard Biggs (Franklin)
Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)
Jeff Conaway (Zack)

And now Garibaldi. Makes me sad. Always kind of hoped that there would be some sort of movie with the originals some way, though I think that once Andreas died, my thoughts of any true B5 sequel series kind of diminished, because I can't picture the B5 universe without his presence. His delivery of the Declaration of Principles in S5E3 is amazing.

I know JMS has talked about doing a reboot movie, and recently brought it up again at Comic-Con that he wants to get a few movie projects under his belt that hopefully succeed before he'll be able to get the budget he wants. (Aiming for 100 million, said they could probably get about 65 now.)

News Comments > DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans
6. Re: DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans Jul 28, 2016, 20:44 MacLeod

I'm still pissed at this game, that after forcing my way through multiplayer to get achievements to finish 100%ing this game, they added more, all multiplayer, thereby screwing up my perfect game.  

News Comments > 8DAYS Released
3. Re: 8DAYS Released Jul 23, 2016, 05:48 MacLeod

SlimRam wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 02:05:
Yup, i'm already sick of the look of these games. Accelerated graphics were invented for a reason.

The funny thing is, when the first few came out, I was all "This is a cool, fun, little thing", as I've never been a graphics whore. I'll still play old games via emulators and stuff. But now, because those games became popular, it's just become this crutch for people to not actually take the effort to make their games look like they come from this decade.

News Comments > 8DAYS Released
1. Re: 8DAYS Released Jul 22, 2016, 22:30 MacLeod

I swear, there are so many "throwback graphics" games at this point, that it's going to eventually be a throwback when you actually have modern looking graphics.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
20. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 14:42 MacLeod

SirKnight wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 13:01:
AmericanWulf wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 11:59:
the titan series of cards are geared more for the content creators, the graphic artist, or the power needed for graphical rendering. It is really not marketed nor designed as the ultimate gaming/gamer card, never has been.

Yeah, the Titan is a halfway point between GeForce and Quadro/Tesla.

I had thought it might be something like that. Thanks.

Also, to those who brought up I was looking at benchmark for the old TitanX... I know. That's why I compared to the 980ti, not the 1080.

310 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo