Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Evil Timmy

Real Name Evil Timmy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 109217332
Description I'm an electro/glitch/bmore/breaks DJ and long-time avid gamer from Hong Kong. BitTorrent is another one of my hobbies, and I've been an active part of the community since early 2003.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 10:24
Total Comments 453 (Amateur)
User ID 19465

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Arjan Brussee Departs Boss Key for Epic "Secret Project"
2. Re: Arjan Brussee Departs Boss Key for Epic Dec 11, 2017, 14:53 Evil Timmy

We're finally gonna get what everyone has been clamoring for: the long-awaited Jazz Jackrabbit sequel!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
16. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 22:44 Evil Timmy

Enkur: I agree, which is why I think it was weird that Forza jumped to that setting automatically when I maximized the window, without any intervention on my part, and despite not having any 4k displays connected (ever).

HoSpanky: I've got a 5820k (hexacore) on water @ 4.1GHz so CPU isn't the issue. Manually setting all the settings to Ultra and AA to 2x reduced hitching a little but it's still not gone, yet it's a steady 60fps when it's not mid-hiccup.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
1. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 19, 2017, 21:17 Evil Timmy

Starts in windowed 720p then jumps to 4k when fullscreened, all on a 2560x1600 monitor. Runs like garbage, with massive interface pauses and hitching throughout, on a factory-OC 1080 and NVMe SSD, yet Forza 6 ran nearly flawlessly. Pretty when it's not awful, but 22GB, really?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 16, 2017, 00:07 Evil Timmy

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 20:43:
Edge is used by millions everyday to download Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Continuing the fine tradition laid down by Internet Explorer, it's a fine single-use disposable tool for getting a better browser. It loads two pages and downloads one file with aplomb, just don't expect much more out of it. Being able to open two tabs without a scarily undue burden on your system? What is this, the distant future of 2003?

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
11. Re: On Windows 10 Game Stuttering Sep 11, 2017, 15:50 Evil Timmy

Steam Support has in-app and registry-based solutions for turning the Xbox DVR off. Disabling Windows Updates like Mashiki suggested should only be a last resort as it's a big security issue. "Microsoft cares about PC gamers" is basically the trickle-down economics of the tech world.  

News Comments > VR Sports Released
3. Re: VR Sports Released Mar 16, 2017, 04:32 Evil Timmy

Is there any way for me to say "Nice work there Slick" without it sounding overwhelmingly sarcastic?  

News Comments > VR Sports Released
1. Re: VR Sports Released Mar 15, 2017, 16:06 Evil Timmy

It really feels like I'm playing virtual skee-ball!  

News Comments > Super Cloudbuilt Announced
2. Re: Super Cloudbuilt Announced Feb 23, 2017, 06:17 Evil Timmy

Read article title on phone screen. Came to thread to see video about Cloudbutt. Was...disappointed, but also somewhat relieved.  

News Comments > Prey Footage
6. Re: Prey Footage Feb 16, 2017, 05:08 Evil Timmy

The gameplay looks like it came from the same box of cake mix as Deus Ex: Human Revolution (even down to large objects only movable with a skill), with a Bio/System Shock fondant exterior. Points for your office code being 0451, nice shout-out to DX1 fans. Nothing looks totally mind-blowingly unique in the first hour, but there's lots of good elements that seem like they should add up to at least an acceptable whole. How tuned the systems are and how well they work together remains to be seen, but there's only so many of these first person action-RPGs and this one's already checking a lot of boxes for me.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 29, 2017, 17:16 Evil Timmy

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 16:16:
...because everything runs faster and cooler with LED lighting effects.
Yep, just like how putting TypeR stickers on your lowered Civic makes its top speed significantly closer to the speed of light.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2017, 19:37 Evil Timmy

Your package may be delayed due to: gently caressed by train.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 26, 2017, 04:12 Evil Timmy

Therefore Chris Roberts is actually Donald Trump.
VP Derek Smart?

News Comments > GRID for Free
1. Re: GRID for Free Dec 22, 2016, 21:35 Evil Timmy

This game really hits the Goldilocks zone for circuit racing, there's a detailed enough physics system underlying it to make for a solid sim, but assists and difficulty settings can make it as forgiving as you need. It also doesn't slip too far into the arcade-y NFS feel, where grip and traction aren't forces you have to wrestle with, where you can hurl yourself into almost any turn at high speed and expect to come out fine. Cars feel different, like they have weight and are interacting with varied surfaces, and the tracks are interesting and different without being confusingly over-complicated.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 20, 2016, 16:28 Evil Timmy

ADR1FT cancelled for Xbox One.

Game called on account of excessively dumb mid-2000s title.

News Comments > New Zombasite Demo
2. Re: New Zombasite Demo Aug 7, 2016, 16:09 Evil Timmy

Hey, lay off their website design, Soldak is really busy making the same game over and over again.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 25, 2016, 04:35 Evil Timmy

I'm really on the fence about this one being an issue, even as an audiophile (bona fides: my audio setup is worth more than my computer and projector setup combined, and I've worked professional sound on a Sundance-award-winning short film among many others). It's kind of like car audio: the environment has more of an effect on your listening experience than what the drivers can put out, and any difference in quality but the most severe will be drowned out by the ambience. Bluetooth is already the universal standard in phone audio, even reaching to the bottom of the range. If you're the kind of person who buys brand new phones shortly after release, you've already got Bluetooth headsets and speakers. And if you can tell the difference between 320KBps MP3 and FLAC/WAV, your monitor speakers are on Auralex pads and your walls are covered in spiky acoustic foam.  

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
20. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 9, 2016, 04:30 Evil Timmy

Where'd they get that list of hard drive sizes, 2009? Can you even buy a new HD that's 99GB or less, and why would you? Windows + Steam + a AAA 2016 game = full.

I hope they enjoy the 990-ish characters I crammed into those text boxes, and with only 60% of their RDA of sarcasm per paragraph!

They called it out in a recent Silicon Valley episode: you can't just let a bunch of engineers who think like you try the product, you have to let some real humans, even some of the mouth-breather distinction, have a crack at it. One of my favorite examples: in one of the Win10 betas, the actually-installing-Windows part of the process had "Setup" used four different ways (eg "Setting up" "Configuring setup") for stages of the same 0-100% progress screen. Maybe it meant something different to the engineers who coded it, but it was somewhere between meaningless and frustratingly obtuse to any end user.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 05:03 Evil Timmy

It would make sense to have a rubbery coating on his daily use aug hands, something with give and texture to allow him to grab slippery, hard non-porous, or fragile objects. I can't imagine they'd try to have fingers for grasping made purely of smooth polished carbon fiber; otherwise, when Adam Jensen makes an omelette, he breaks a lot of eggs.

That said, I agree that the sound pulled me out of the cutscene, I expected at least something different than the same mirror/glass wipe sound we've heard in a thousand movies. I would have liked to see a twist on the first game, like Jensen going to break his mirror and his malfunctioning aug arm twitching and just bouncing off the glass.

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow
3. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow Mar 22, 2016, 05:06 Evil Timmy

I had the same reaction, didn't expect much but found myself surprisingly engaged by the game. Maybe because it feels like an ARPG with a cover shooter wrapped around it, rather than the other way around, but I find it scratches the RPG/exploration itch far more effectively than the weak-substitute-for-proper-balance ultralight progression systems that have bloomed over the last few years. Simultaneously, the shooter elements are Good Enough™ that I feel my player skill is actually involved, as opposed to RPGs that lay the spreadsheet bones too bare and make me feel like I'm using my heroic powers to command Excel, not the forces of good against injustice and tyranny.
Matchmaking is fast and easy, it's been perfectly stable on a modern rig, and devs have been responsive to the community. Not sure how long lv30 will keep everyone entertained and around (it's much more fun in a party) or the quality of the eventual DLC, but for now I'm having a blast.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Launch
8. Re: Need for Speed PC Launch Mar 17, 2016, 05:03 Evil Timmy

It hasn't been "Road & Track presents The Need for Speed" in a long, long, long time. Every time they try and shoehorn story into these games it's more and more atrocious, and simultaneously we're seeing immense quality from near zero budget productions on YouTube every minute, so why this lame 90s POV four-CD-ROM-style FMV garbage?  

453 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo