Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Evil Timmy

Real Name Evil Timmy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I'm an electro/glitch/bmore/breaks DJ and long-time avid gamer from Hong Kong. BitTorrent is another one of my hobbies, and I've been an active part of the community since early 2003.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 10:24
Total Comments 472 (Amateur)
User ID 19465

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation
4. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 28, 2019, 20:35 Evil Timmy

So air-popped is good, but microwave kettle corn is right out?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World War Z Proving Grounds Update and Biohazard Bundle Released
1. Re: World War Z Proving Grounds Update and Biohazard Bundle Released Aug 28, 2019, 20:33 Evil Timmy

Got this for free with my Ryzen CPU, and it's basically a jankier, AI-director-less, not as fun Left 4 Dead 2 (or Vermintide, if that's your flavor). At least The Division 2 is pretty sweet, and that's the usually-a-C-bill Gold edition, not just base.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Countdown
11. Re: Need for Speed Countdown Aug 12, 2019, 14:29 Evil Timmy

Bah! If it doesn't start with Road and Track Presents and have delightfully bad 90s postage stamp videos with stiff narration, it's not a true Need for Speed game!

Porsche Unleashed is probably the best driving game in the NFS series, but on the whole it's always landed on the side of "arcadey bullshit", and at this point half a dozen developers have had their go at the series, to varying levels of success. GRID or Assetto Corsa have a similar "real, but softer" feel that PU managed to a magical degree.

On balance I like the 2010 Hot Pursuit best out of the series. It's Criterion (of Burnout fame) laser-focusing their brand of vehicular violence on a pretty open world, now with shiny licensed cars and more focus to the main progression (DJ Atomika was taken out back and shot). It hadn't yet been taken over by the wannabe-RPG stat creep of every modern open world game, instead it was a game that let you just drive but also gave you plenty to do when you wanted to evade (or take part in) a pursuit with spike strips, EMPs, and helicopters.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive
12. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive Jul 25, 2019, 16:35 Evil Timmy

Apparently Epic's payout is so immense it's going to take them three months to count the money.

I can still remember saving up so I could get a 3dfx add-on card (12MB RAM, yeah!) to play MW2 in shiny mode. My little sister liked watching and her favorite thing was to say "NumLock em!" which unleashed all weapon banks at once and put on a pretty show.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Good Omens Jun 24, 2019, 01:54 Evil Timmy

Or Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan: Fahrenheit 451.  

News Comments > BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2
3. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 20:31 Evil Timmy

Bastard For Gamers
Buy Following GotY
Business Friendly Gamble
Bethesda's Fucking Greed
Bad Fan Gyp
Bogus Feeling Gimmick

News Comments > Free-to-Play Forza Street Peels Out
3. Re: Free-to-Play Forza Street Peels Out Apr 15, 2019, 21:47 Evil Timmy

So if Forza/Horizon proper are an RC car, this is basically a slot car? Thrilling. I'll pass, and by that I don't mean "move to the other lane to overtake".  

News Comments > Chex Quest HD Trailer
3. Re: Chex Quest HD Trailer Feb 25, 2019, 12:37 Evil Timmy

Omg I hope they add in some romance options with that commander, those dead soulless eyes and barely articulated hands are HAWT.  

News Comments > Anthem Roadmap
7. Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 23, 2019, 01:02 Evil Timmy

s/Roadmap/Roadkill  

News Comments > Rise of Legions Early Access
1. Re: Rise of Legions Early Access Feb 23, 2019, 00:59 Evil Timmy

Bah, don't tempt me by making me think we were getting another Rise of Nations game, an RTS that minimized unit/army babysitting without being dull grand strategy either. Haven't had an RTS grab me like that since, and rarely before that (Dark Reign/Total Annihilation).

This looks...well, utterly unlike that, but also pretty fun in its own right. Probably worth putting on my Wishlist for the eventual sale or "Oh, my buddy's actually put some time into that one" purchase.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 3, 2019, 15:52 Evil Timmy

It should be noted that Xbox Game Pass allows you to play any of the crossplay titles on your PC, and that's downloaded and run locally, not streamed like PSNow. With a 14-day trial and $1 first month I paid barely over a dollar a week for ten weeks to play Forza Horizon 4, one of the most joyous and exuberant driving experiences I've encountered in decades of gaming.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2018, 11:48 Evil Timmy

Edge was such a disaster, I can't help but imagine the movie scene where Satya Nadella stands looking defeated with a gas can in hand, then throws a match, kicking up flames that light his face in flickering orange-yellow. Then the reverse, and over his slumped shoulders we see a towering notched letter 'e', fully alight and with small flaming chunks and embers already falling off and distorting its shape.

Broken, slow, and lacking basic features from the start, I get that they wanted a new browser with Windows 10, but it needed another year of behind closed doors testing and development before it was ready. For some reason, I still hold on to the faint hope that Microsoft will start testing its products on humans (before release, that is) as the number of engineer-minded screw-ups that'd be caught quickly by an average end-user is truly and consistently bonkers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 28, 2018, 11:23 Evil Timmy

Can't wait to hear how Ajit Pai shamelessly spins these new fees into being necessary for "broadband innovation" and "freedom" and "remodeling my lake house"...wait, don't think he was supposed to let that last one slip.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 24, 2018, 13:38 Evil Timmy

VtM: Bloodlines is going to continue being patched until roughly five minutes before the heat-death of the universe, at which point Wesp will finally be released from the gypsy curse.  

News Comments > PC Sunset Overdrive Dawns
3. Re: PC Sunset Overdrive Dawns Nov 19, 2018, 13:35 Evil Timmy

"Boxed version"? Like...cereal? Oh game publishers, what are you thinking, that will *never* work!  

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
3. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 13:22 Evil Timmy

It's the same basic game as NetEase (Blizzard's Chinese publisher/partner) used for Crusaders of Light, Endless of God, and...Kung Fu Panda 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hK1UFzyBg

Fans are right to expect more, and to be frustrated that this pablum is what they're getting "from Blizzard".

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 25, 2018, 11:54 Evil Timmy

The problem is that very few VR games are actually using the medium to do something unique, and in most cases are giving a lesser set of activities and options than the gaming experiences we're used to. Superhot VR is one of the few I can think of, because the gameplay flows well with your natural reactions and the visuals are very screen-door-defeating. Being able to swat bullets, crouch, and aim a gun around a corner without having to "process" your actions is a trip, but it's still pretty limited, and hardware has a few generations yet before it's truly user friendly.  

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced
9. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced Feb 21, 2018, 02:01 Evil Timmy

KTR wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 23:17:
The least worthy Burnout to remaster. Remaster Burnout 3 ffs.
Came to say this. Burnout Paradise was generally less fun than other entries in the series, and the "open world" is really just a menu system that requires you to drive from option to option, otherwise it's dead and pointless (and DJ Atomica was /the worst/). Resurrecting Burnout without bringing back crashes a la Burnout 3 would be like resurrecting Julia Child and having her make you Mexican food, sure it'd be fine but you're under-utilizing the unique thing that led to all those fond memories in the first place.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 31, 2018, 17:14 Evil Timmy

So bad they had to release an update to disable the Bixby button, because it existed solely to be pressed by accident.  

News Comments > Arjan Brussee Departs Boss Key for Epic "Secret Project"
2. Re: Arjan Brussee Departs Boss Key for Epic Dec 11, 2017, 14:53 Evil Timmy

We're finally gonna get what everyone has been clamoring for: the long-awaited Jazz Jackrabbit sequel!  

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo