Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Evil Timmy

Real Name Evil Timmy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I'm an electro/glitch/bmore/breaks DJ and long-time avid gamer from Hong Kong. BitTorrent is another one of my hobbies, and I've been an active part of the community since early 2003.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 10:24
Total Comments 462 (Amateur)
User ID 19465

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 3, 2019, 15:52 Evil Timmy

It should be noted that Xbox Game Pass allows you to play any of the crossplay titles on your PC, and that's downloaded and run locally, not streamed like PSNow. With a 14-day trial and $1 first month I paid barely over a dollar a week for ten weeks to play Forza Horizon 4, one of the most joyous and exuberant driving experiences I've encountered in decades of gaming.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2018, 11:48 Evil Timmy

Edge was such a disaster, I can't help but imagine the movie scene where Satya Nadella stands looking defeated with a gas can in hand, then throws a match, kicking up flames that light his face in flickering orange-yellow. Then the reverse, and over his slumped shoulders we see a towering notched letter 'e', fully alight and with small flaming chunks and embers already falling off and distorting its shape.

Broken, slow, and lacking basic features from the start, I get that they wanted a new browser with Windows 10, but it needed another year of behind closed doors testing and development before it was ready. For some reason, I still hold on to the faint hope that Microsoft will start testing its products on humans (before release, that is) as the number of engineer-minded screw-ups that'd be caught quickly by an average end-user is truly and consistently bonkers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 28, 2018, 11:23 Evil Timmy

Can't wait to hear how Ajit Pai shamelessly spins these new fees into being necessary for "broadband innovation" and "freedom" and "remodeling my lake house"...wait, don't think he was supposed to let that last one slip.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 24, 2018, 13:38 Evil Timmy

VtM: Bloodlines is going to continue being patched until roughly five minutes before the heat-death of the universe, at which point Wesp will finally be released from the gypsy curse.  

News Comments > PC Sunset Overdrive Dawns
3. Re: PC Sunset Overdrive Dawns Nov 19, 2018, 13:35 Evil Timmy

"Boxed version"? Like...cereal? Oh game publishers, what are you thinking, that will *never* work!  

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
3. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 13:22 Evil Timmy

It's the same basic game as NetEase (Blizzard's Chinese publisher/partner) used for Crusaders of Light, Endless of God, and...Kung Fu Panda 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hK1UFzyBg

Fans are right to expect more, and to be frustrated that this pablum is what they're getting "from Blizzard".

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 25, 2018, 11:54 Evil Timmy

The problem is that very few VR games are actually using the medium to do something unique, and in most cases are giving a lesser set of activities and options than the gaming experiences we're used to. Superhot VR is one of the few I can think of, because the gameplay flows well with your natural reactions and the visuals are very screen-door-defeating. Being able to swat bullets, crouch, and aim a gun around a corner without having to "process" your actions is a trip, but it's still pretty limited, and hardware has a few generations yet before it's truly user friendly.  

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced
9. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced Feb 21, 2018, 02:01 Evil Timmy

KTR wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 23:17:
The least worthy Burnout to remaster. Remaster Burnout 3 ffs.
Came to say this. Burnout Paradise was generally less fun than other entries in the series, and the "open world" is really just a menu system that requires you to drive from option to option, otherwise it's dead and pointless (and DJ Atomica was /the worst/). Resurrecting Burnout without bringing back crashes a la Burnout 3 would be like resurrecting Julia Child and having her make you Mexican food, sure it'd be fine but you're under-utilizing the unique thing that led to all those fond memories in the first place.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 31, 2018, 17:14 Evil Timmy

So bad they had to release an update to disable the Bixby button, because it existed solely to be pressed by accident.  

News Comments > Arjan Brussee Departs Boss Key for Epic "Secret Project"
2. Re: Arjan Brussee Departs Boss Key for Epic Dec 11, 2017, 14:53 Evil Timmy

We're finally gonna get what everyone has been clamoring for: the long-awaited Jazz Jackrabbit sequel!  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
16. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 22:44 Evil Timmy

Enkur: I agree, which is why I think it was weird that Forza jumped to that setting automatically when I maximized the window, without any intervention on my part, and despite not having any 4k displays connected (ever).

HoSpanky: I've got a 5820k (hexacore) on water @ 4.1GHz so CPU isn't the issue. Manually setting all the settings to Ultra and AA to 2x reduced hitching a little but it's still not gone, yet it's a steady 60fps when it's not mid-hiccup.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
1. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 19, 2017, 21:17 Evil Timmy

Starts in windowed 720p then jumps to 4k when fullscreened, all on a 2560x1600 monitor. Runs like garbage, with massive interface pauses and hitching throughout, on a factory-OC 1080 and NVMe SSD, yet Forza 6 ran nearly flawlessly. Pretty when it's not awful, but 22GB, really?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 16, 2017, 00:07 Evil Timmy

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 20:43:
Edge is used by millions everyday to download Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Continuing the fine tradition laid down by Internet Explorer, it's a fine single-use disposable tool for getting a better browser. It loads two pages and downloads one file with aplomb, just don't expect much more out of it. Being able to open two tabs without a scarily undue burden on your system? What is this, the distant future of 2003?

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
11. Re: On Windows 10 Game Stuttering Sep 11, 2017, 15:50 Evil Timmy

Steam Support has in-app and registry-based solutions for turning the Xbox DVR off. Disabling Windows Updates like Mashiki suggested should only be a last resort as it's a big security issue. "Microsoft cares about PC gamers" is basically the trickle-down economics of the tech world.  

News Comments > VR Sports Released
3. Re: VR Sports Released Mar 16, 2017, 04:32 Evil Timmy

Is there any way for me to say "Nice work there Slick" without it sounding overwhelmingly sarcastic?  

News Comments > VR Sports Released
1. Re: VR Sports Released Mar 15, 2017, 16:06 Evil Timmy

It really feels like I'm playing virtual skee-ball!  

News Comments > Super Cloudbuilt Announced
2. Re: Super Cloudbuilt Announced Feb 23, 2017, 06:17 Evil Timmy

Read article title on phone screen. Came to thread to see video about Cloudbutt. Was...disappointed, but also somewhat relieved.  

News Comments > Prey Footage
6. Re: Prey Footage Feb 16, 2017, 05:08 Evil Timmy

The gameplay looks like it came from the same box of cake mix as Deus Ex: Human Revolution (even down to large objects only movable with a skill), with a Bio/System Shock fondant exterior. Points for your office code being 0451, nice shout-out to DX1 fans. Nothing looks totally mind-blowingly unique in the first hour, but there's lots of good elements that seem like they should add up to at least an acceptable whole. How tuned the systems are and how well they work together remains to be seen, but there's only so many of these first person action-RPGs and this one's already checking a lot of boxes for me.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 29, 2017, 17:16 Evil Timmy

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 16:16:
...because everything runs faster and cooler with LED lighting effects.
Yep, just like how putting TypeR stickers on your lowered Civic makes its top speed significantly closer to the speed of light.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2017, 19:37 Evil Timmy

Your package may be delayed due to: gently caressed by train.  

462 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo