Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
19. Re: eeH... Jun 10, 2017, 18:31 FloorPie

Rigs wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 13:11:
Forgetting everything else, can we all just agree that Ewan McGregor freakin' nailed the character of Obi Wan Kenobi?! Every I see him dressed as the future old hermit wizard, I think, 'this guy should have had the trilogy to himself, from his point of view'. To hell with whinefest little orphan Annie, I want to see this bad ass sci-fi James Bond motherfucker swagger into a bar, tell some loser he doesn't want any deathsticks, convince him to go do something with his life with the wave of his fucking hand and then, without missing a beat, cut off some filthy scoundrel bounty hunter's arm like he'd planned it from the words 'I've got a bad feeling about this'.

Oh, the video? Well, the blurry ten seconds I could buffer after five minutes on my throttled sat connection wasn't that impressive. Gonna have to wait for next month when I can watch my prized one 720p video...gotta choose wisely, though...still, I have another 15 days to wait, so maybe something more substantial will catch my eye by then...

=-Rigs-=

Agreed on McGregor as Obi Wan.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released
25. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 31, 2017, 15:46 FloorPie

Caught some of this on twitch last night, hilarious and looks rather fun.

Best part starts (with TOS ship) at about 5hr 12min:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148387507

News Comments > New Intel CPU Announcements
31. Re: New Intel CPU Announcements May 30, 2017, 15:41 FloorPie

RedEye9 wrote on May 30, 2017, 10:50:
Wallshadows wrote on May 30, 2017, 10:46:
Maybe Intel considers de-lidding tools and Liquid Pro a premium feature now.
For the low low price of $47.50 your cpu can be factory delidded and premium tim applied.

Nah, Intel will let small boutiques do it. Silicon lottery isn't just a term anymore but a company that does de-lids/guaranteed overclocked chips.

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Drivers
1. Re: New AMD ReLive Drivers May 19, 2017, 03:38 FloorPie

"Radeon RX 550 series graphics products may experience a system hang when entering sleep or hibernate modes."

Hah, no its a bunch of their products. I've had this problem off and on for months with a rx 480. It usually shows up when the ReLive software checks for an update.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday
9. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday Apr 30, 2017, 19:39 FloorPie

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 16:56:
Stay awhile and listen....

Only to watch him killed by a witch with butterfly magic.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
18. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 17:23 FloorPie

It is as much moba as rts at this point. Its no where near as good as DoW2 and I wasn't a fan of that game. It has one MP mode, the power core map. You can take out the base building and you wouldn't miss a thing.  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
3. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 14:18 FloorPie

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 12:57:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 12:55:
Wahhhh. Waaaahhh never changes.
Unlike this series.
Wish they would have updated the original instead of what they did

Ditto.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
28. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 23, 2017, 18:40 FloorPie

jimeh wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 03:19:
You're all just searching for reasons not to like it to hide the fact you're too afraid to play online cos you'll get your asses kicked.:P

This is why RTS is a dead genre. It allows too much for skilled players to dominate, sort of like Quake, but what kids-these-days want is like Call of Duty where when you suck and die it notices and spawns you behind someone for an easy kill. Overwatch with its built in "abilities" like auto-aim and other no skill ultimates. Survival shooters where you sneak around looting until you shoot someone in the back and enjoy it because it wasn't you it was happening to.

Someone said DOW3 borrowed elements from mobas, which you're afraid to play because you'll get your ass kicked online, so you're holding on to that comment as tight as you can, not even realising its a good thing to have a team goal to stop kids trolling by hiding units around the map so you can't actually end the game although you've clearly won. How many people keep playing starcraft2 after you zerg rush all their SRVs with some 6pool shit that bipasses the whole game?

So, lets talk about the two "moba" elements.

1. A tower. (Stationary structure with ranged attack)
Stops cheesy base rushing making early game rushes about map control, resource nodes, instead of something annoying like killing workers.IF you want to build your base far back behind the tower it will be safe most the game. If you want to drop your building at forward locations as a place to heal and reinforce squads it is a better location in some ways. This tower gives players of all skill levels a chance to have a good time!

1. The thing you kill to win.
How many times have you won an RTS match without getting to destroy the enemy base because he quits because he decided you'll win? Build up this big army then never get to use it! This thing is a good victory condition. Much better than other RTS where players just ragequit when they're losing, or send 1000 bombers at your Commander, etc, etc.

I have seen some amazing comebacks already. The matches have fantastic pace, the maps have great flow, the games go for a perfect length and its non-stop tactical action the whole time.

This is the best RTS going in a mostly dead genre. Yes, its too expensive. Yes, the DLC will probably ruin the balance they have going so far. But, right now, it is a great Relic RTS and the best RTS going. [/rant]

Except it isn't much of a good rts. Its unbalanced. The economy is wonky. The map we have is small for 3v3 so far. It has one MP game mode. One. The power core moba esque mode that as Eraser mentioned, is pointless if you lose your basic control points. You might as well quit with a GG because it will take another 5-10 mins to lose, where you will not come back unless the other side makes bad mistakes. Escalation mode doesn't really help, as unit costs are high in most cases. Early game/basic units don't stand up to elites most of the time. It isn't just the tower thing that is moba either, it is the focus on elites by mid to end game. Reinforcing is mostly pointless mid game onwards, unless you're losing and again, why bother because 30 seconds to a min later your rebuilt squad will just get slaughtered.

Throwing in complaints about Commander bomber snipes from SC or PA is just nonsensical for a DoW game, especially since with DoW3 all you need is the mega elite and that is your comm snipe mechanic.

Maybe the game is better in 1v1, I'll have to try a couple games there but the game is a half-assed RTS and a pale imitation of the DoW games. If I want a moba, I load up HoTS. They could take out the base building completely and you would miss nothing. Just call in a servitor to build listening posts (or why bother having them at all really).

22. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 22, 2017, 21:42 FloorPie

Played some more, and this is a no purchase for me. Maybe on sale with more factions added in. Apparently the moba influenced power core map is the only MP gameplay in release with others promised in the future.

Its a weak effort overall. By mid game you're spamming units if you can and micro managing your elite units. Games take 30-45mins and you can tell if you're going to lose by minute 15 or so. It has pretentions of DoW1, very little of 2 in there and just meh in the end. Elite doctrines like coh2 and skins! Earn skull points! Buy skins and doctrines! DLC!

Meh, maybe the campaign will save it.

9. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 23:34 FloorPie

Not that impressed so far. Units just seem off, color style is meh. Buildings look nice I guess. Its better than DoW2 in some ways but not enough DoW1. No skirmish AI in the "beta" aka demo, sucks.

After the good tutorial, I've played one 3v3 in MP as space marines. You call in your elite units after earning points. You can only reinforce troops if near a building. I'm going to try a few more mp games but I'm thinking this is a wait for a sale title, say $40 max. Its SEGA so I figure they'll have a ton of DLC to get more factions added in.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
9. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 8, 2017, 00:26 FloorPie

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 23:47:
Not sure what Gearbox was expecting. You can't deliver an ultimatum demanding far-reaching systemic changes and expect G2A to comply within a day.

This was simply a PR stunt to help boost Gearbox's public image.

Exactly. Hey, we're cool man! We agree with Totalbiscuit! Buy our new re-released game!

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
42. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 14:44 FloorPie

My face... my face happened. My face must purge you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFzuHqdAxfw

We'll bang, ok?

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 18:47 FloorPie

The ram fix should help a lot. There was a work around but late game battles can really bog the game down or crash it.

There are a ton of good mods out for it. My favorite is the Star Trek Armada3 mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
55. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 18:41 FloorPie

Sempai wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 17:18:
Is there girl/girl action if i make a femshep in Andromeda?

I generally play males in games, but if i get to shag my crew then i may have to go female this go around.

Anyone playing femshep far into it yet?

Why yes, there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFHIR7lLC0

"Kill.. me... now." Ought to make the Manslayer "we'll bang, ok?" parodies even funnier.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2017, 00:59 FloorPie

Flatline wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 21:48:
Quboid wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 19:50:
The Libertarian movement in the US generally seems very genuine (excluding Tea Party types who want oversight over lots of things). They could do a lot of good if they broke into the mainstream enough so issues had 3 sides instead of 2.

The Libertarian party honest-to-god doesn't see a problem with 6 year old shooting heroin, but thinks that drivers licenses to prove competency driving are the beginnings of slavery.

And that's not hyperbole, that's straight from the Libertarian convention debates.

Its hard to take the LoLbertarian party seriously when for the last two elections their presidential candidate cared about only two issues, weed and gay marriage. In 2016 it was just weed for obvious reasons. There is a clip of Gary Johnson in 2012 libertarian nomination debates saying that the banks did nothing illegal in the housing bubble etc.. The bailouts were wrong he said, but nothing done was illegal. Utter insanity.

Then he and his VP pick last year were openly anti-gun. Libertarian candidates who are anti-gun? Yeah, real open world game loving there. Weedman Johnson cares about his weed, climbing mountains on all seven continents and mountain biking or something.

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan
25. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 19, 2017, 16:07 FloorPie

Hellcinder wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 13:26:
I remember picking Star Citizen for one of my free games when I purchased my Radeon 7990.

I forgot to use the code that came with my R9 290 in late 2014. I think it came with some nifty AMD logo/color scheme for a ship too. I kind of wish I had remembered just to test the game out. Oh well.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 19, 2017, 16:03 FloorPie

Maybe they expect such from Bethesda titles? Broken, unfinished, waiting for the mods to make it great again. Maybe the rest of the game and/or the hype/lust/love factor wins out? And yet it doesn't for ME Andromeda because of say, anger over ME3 still? The actions of several devs getting political in the first place? Nah. Its totally rando internet yobs hatin bro.

I don't bother defending No Man's Sky much at all anymore as few will listen. The hate took over (much of it deserved).

This kind of stuff (animations) shouldn't happen in what is essentially the 4th installment of a game franchise, especially after FemShep run animation sillyness. And yes, the writing/acting I've seen so far of ME Andromeda is well, corny. That and some of the character design... the "face is tired" chick who looks like a space hooker looking for her lolly.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 00:08 FloorPie

Blue boobies romancing confirmed?

We'll bang, ok?

News Comments > WoW Bans
13. Re: WoW Bans Mar 9, 2017, 19:55 FloorPie

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 16:04:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 14:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:35:
What do they expect when they make raiding a requirement to get flying in the newest zone...

Where do you see this? I could have sworn they said raiding wasn't a requirement. I hate raiding.
Part of the quest line to get flying in 7.2 will require Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One -- which in turn requires Good Suramaritan, which in turn requires A Growing Crisis, which requires killing Xavius in The Emerald Nightmare.

Total screw job as far as I am concerned. People say, just do it in LFR but I've watched the videos of this fight, and it is not just a tank and spank. I don't know, maybe it is easy enough in LFR that you can just do it with a bunch of random people. *shrug*

It will take you far far far more time and effort just to do all the of the dumb suramar quests. Xavius was easy sauce 3 months ago in LFR. You'll wait 10-30minutes for a queue. Big deal.

Its hard to take Blizz seriously on this since they sell in game gold for cash and use in game gold as a way to turn in to real cash value on their products.

News Comments > Dawn of War III in April
2. Re: Dawn of War III in April Mar 6, 2017, 14:35 FloorPie

Oh yeah, its SEGA so they'll milk the DLC and costs (see TotalWar). I want my IG though.  

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo