Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
22. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 22, 2017, 21:42 FloorPie

Played some more, and this is a no purchase for me. Maybe on sale with more factions added in. Apparently the moba influenced power core map is the only MP gameplay in release with others promised in the future.

Its a weak effort overall. By mid game you're spamming units if you can and micro managing your elite units. Games take 30-45mins and you can tell if you're going to lose by minute 15 or so. It has pretentions of DoW1, very little of 2 in there and just meh in the end. Elite doctrines like coh2 and skins! Earn skull points! Buy skins and doctrines! DLC!

Meh, maybe the campaign will save it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
9. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 23:34 FloorPie

Not that impressed so far. Units just seem off, color style is meh. Buildings look nice I guess. Its better than DoW2 in some ways but not enough DoW1. No skirmish AI in the "beta" aka demo, sucks.

After the good tutorial, I've played one 3v3 in MP as space marines. You call in your elite units after earning points. You can only reinforce troops if near a building. I'm going to try a few more mp games but I'm thinking this is a wait for a sale title, say $40 max. Its SEGA so I figure they'll have a ton of DLC to get more factions added in.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
9. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 8, 2017, 00:26 FloorPie

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 23:47:
Not sure what Gearbox was expecting. You can't deliver an ultimatum demanding far-reaching systemic changes and expect G2A to comply within a day.

This was simply a PR stunt to help boost Gearbox's public image.

Exactly. Hey, we're cool man! We agree with Totalbiscuit! Buy our new re-released game!

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
42. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 14:44 FloorPie

My face... my face happened. My face must purge you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFzuHqdAxfw

We'll bang, ok?

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 18:47 FloorPie

The ram fix should help a lot. There was a work around but late game battles can really bog the game down or crash it.

There are a ton of good mods out for it. My favorite is the Star Trek Armada3 mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
55. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 18:41 FloorPie

Sempai wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 17:18:
Is there girl/girl action if i make a femshep in Andromeda?

I generally play males in games, but if i get to shag my crew then i may have to go female this go around.

Anyone playing femshep far into it yet?

Why yes, there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFHIR7lLC0

"Kill.. me... now." Ought to make the Manslayer "we'll bang, ok?" parodies even funnier.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2017, 00:59 FloorPie

Flatline wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 21:48:
Quboid wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 19:50:
The Libertarian movement in the US generally seems very genuine (excluding Tea Party types who want oversight over lots of things). They could do a lot of good if they broke into the mainstream enough so issues had 3 sides instead of 2.

The Libertarian party honest-to-god doesn't see a problem with 6 year old shooting heroin, but thinks that drivers licenses to prove competency driving are the beginnings of slavery.

And that's not hyperbole, that's straight from the Libertarian convention debates.

Its hard to take the LoLbertarian party seriously when for the last two elections their presidential candidate cared about only two issues, weed and gay marriage. In 2016 it was just weed for obvious reasons. There is a clip of Gary Johnson in 2012 libertarian nomination debates saying that the banks did nothing illegal in the housing bubble etc.. The bailouts were wrong he said, but nothing done was illegal. Utter insanity.

Then he and his VP pick last year were openly anti-gun. Libertarian candidates who are anti-gun? Yeah, real open world game loving there. Weedman Johnson cares about his weed, climbing mountains on all seven continents and mountain biking or something.

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan
25. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 19, 2017, 16:07 FloorPie

Hellcinder wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 13:26:
I remember picking Star Citizen for one of my free games when I purchased my Radeon 7990.

I forgot to use the code that came with my R9 290 in late 2014. I think it came with some nifty AMD logo/color scheme for a ship too. I kind of wish I had remembered just to test the game out. Oh well.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 19, 2017, 16:03 FloorPie

Maybe they expect such from Bethesda titles? Broken, unfinished, waiting for the mods to make it great again. Maybe the rest of the game and/or the hype/lust/love factor wins out? And yet it doesn't for ME Andromeda because of say, anger over ME3 still? The actions of several devs getting political in the first place? Nah. Its totally rando internet yobs hatin bro.

I don't bother defending No Man's Sky much at all anymore as few will listen. The hate took over (much of it deserved).

This kind of stuff (animations) shouldn't happen in what is essentially the 4th installment of a game franchise, especially after FemShep run animation sillyness. And yes, the writing/acting I've seen so far of ME Andromeda is well, corny. That and some of the character design... the "face is tired" chick who looks like a space hooker looking for her lolly.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 00:08 FloorPie

Blue boobies romancing confirmed?

We'll bang, ok?

News Comments > WoW Bans
13. Re: WoW Bans Mar 9, 2017, 19:55 FloorPie

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 16:04:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 14:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:35:
What do they expect when they make raiding a requirement to get flying in the newest zone...

Where do you see this? I could have sworn they said raiding wasn't a requirement. I hate raiding.
Part of the quest line to get flying in 7.2 will require Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One -- which in turn requires Good Suramaritan, which in turn requires A Growing Crisis, which requires killing Xavius in The Emerald Nightmare.

Total screw job as far as I am concerned. People say, just do it in LFR but I've watched the videos of this fight, and it is not just a tank and spank. I don't know, maybe it is easy enough in LFR that you can just do it with a bunch of random people. *shrug*

It will take you far far far more time and effort just to do all the of the dumb suramar quests. Xavius was easy sauce 3 months ago in LFR. You'll wait 10-30minutes for a queue. Big deal.

Its hard to take Blizz seriously on this since they sell in game gold for cash and use in game gold as a way to turn in to real cash value on their products.

News Comments > Dawn of War III in April
2. Re: Dawn of War III in April Mar 6, 2017, 14:35 FloorPie

Oh yeah, its SEGA so they'll milk the DLC and costs (see TotalWar). I want my IG though.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Mar 5, 2017, 15:54 FloorPie

Prez wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 15:29:
Anyone have a Switch cartridge I can lick?

No, but for $60 my local wally world had about 10 copies of zelda still in stock yesterday. No switch consoles though.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
27. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 13:00 FloorPie

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:22:
Creston wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:06:
Price drop on the 1070 please.
Not yet, The GTX 1070 is unflinched for now, from its $349 baseline pricing.

LOL. On what planet has the baseline price of the 1070 been $350? I dunno what crack TechPowerUp is smoking, hopefully just a typo. Its MSRP was $379 and prices have been mostly $400 to $450 for a model with good cooling. The "founders editions" were $450.

Anyway, I expect Nvidia will do the usual and offer a couple of AAA games with their higher end cards this spring/summer.

News Comments > EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games
12. Re: EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games Feb 2, 2017, 14:06 FloorPie

chickenboo wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 11:02:
I am in agreement with you. I like cheap games as much as the next guy, and being able to pick up Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced for $6 from Bundlestars, or Doom 2016 for $24 during a Steam sale when the normal price in Canada is $79.99, is excellent and I've come to rely on a competitive market for keys online. But there needs to be a limit on who is able to sell games to whom. I shouldn't be able to buy games for pennies on the dollar from a Chilean website, where the price makes sense for the average Chilean. I'm all for cheap games, but developers and publishing houses need to make their cut as well, or they're going to resort to other tactics to make money, such as further microtransactions, shorter games with more DLC, less music, multiplayer only, etc. Everything we've been rallying against and angry about for the last two decades, the way the industry has been developing, will only accelerate.

And yet, big games that are 6-12 months old are selling for 50% or more off with free weekends occuring 2-3 times a year.

Lots of dollars/euros/pounds etc. to compete for these days and many of these companies seem to have no problem dropping prices quite often or quickly.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 16, 2017, 01:28 FloorPie

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 15:21:
nin wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 15:17:
FloorPie wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 15:00:
All hail Astroneer!

What's the deal with that one? I watched a let's play the other night, and it reminded me a lot of the launch of NMS (with it's shitton of resource collection). Does it get better? What do you do besides collect and attach a string of buildings (maybe the LPer I watched just sucked at it)?

Looks like the usual early-access voxel-based survival game which is the latest flavor of the month among streamers of that genre. It's also $20.

Pretty much this. Crash land, build stuff, research new tech, build base. Build rovers to explore, spaceships to go to other planets. Definately still in alpha but I've had fun just puttering around in it. Can use the digging tool to make caves, mountains etc..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2017, 15:00 FloorPie

All hail Astroneer!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
61. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2017, 16:04 FloorPie

Fion wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 23:57:
Yes I mean Micro-SSD of course. On the prices, I forgot to mention they want $40 for one controller. Not one set, one controller.. left or right and you of course need both if you want to put them on a dock or that junky-looking plastic charger/controller because they each have different functionalities. Buying them as a set is $80!

Oh no, it is worse than that. It is $50 USD for just one "joy-con" half controller. $80 for the pair. Aka the nickle and dime eff you to parents having to buy a replacement that the kiddo (or parent) lost. $70 for a "pro" controller is pretty bad too but well, it doesn't look like there are any games yet that will really need it. Maybe zelda.

Slick: "The xbox doesn't ship with a game, the Playstation doesn't ship with a game. I can't remember the last time that was brought up as an issue, it's become standard practice."

Yes, yes. Just read Prez's post again. Bah, but here is another Time Machine argument for ya Slick... we're looking at now now, not then. Now. Hell, lets look at December 2015 just over a year ago. $300 got me 3 games with my xbone. Deals were apparently even better this year for PS4/Xbone. Nintendo isn't +/- 6 months into this generation, it is 3 years behind. But yeah, sign me up for $360 to get Mario Kart 8 DLC edition with a couple new modes. They'll probably kill Wii U online play too. Why, that will sell me on upgrading, to then use my smart phone to do any online chat/voice! But sure, this a cheap/ sort of smart way to do mobile online gaming but kinda dumb for a machine that is also supposed to be a home console. Oh, and $50 a year for that clunky mess. Sold!

Ahh, hybrids. You'd think people would learn after win8/10. At least they should have waited another 6-12 months for better hardware.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 20:33 FloorPie

Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 17:02:
Exactly, dafuq is this list that was thoroughly debunked on the first page of this thread?

Also, Xbox One launched at $500, PS4 $400, Nintendo Switch $300. But the third one is "expensive".

Don't know what you guys are smoking, but I don't want any.

Heh, like with the inflation arguments, what are the prices now in the current economy? They sure as hell aren't $400-500 for the Xbone S and PS4 Slim. $360 to play Skyrim on the go (later this year anyway), yay. Skrim is $15 or less on steam sales for PC. Buying a Wii U for Mario Kart and a couple of other games (no zelda till now) is enough of a gamble for me to do it again. I'd rather pick up a PS4 Slim for sony exclusives that I'd rarely play.

Time will tell if there is a huge market for a home console/portable hybrid that is clearly underpowered with $70 pro controllers and $50 party games like "milk the cow" and that eating contest game.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2016, 18:33 FloorPie

"Some of 2016ís best video games, including the interactive drama Firewatch and the disturbing Mario-inspired Inside, are largely about men and boys."

I demand that more romance novels be about men instead of women! Any Jane Austen book is entirely too female centered. Twilight is too focused on vampires, werewolves and the human teenage girls who love them, its biogtry! Create more male characters that men and boys can identify with or face my wrath as a NYT writer!

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo