Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 265 (Amateur)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch May Dates Leaked?
8. Re: Overwatch May Dates Leaked? Mar 7, 2016, 13:23 FloorPie

I played in that open stress test weekend last fall. Its a fun enough MP shooter but not worth $60 to me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Mar 2, 2016, 08:00 FloorPie

Hah, so the original GoW will run better on my 360.

Not that I had any interest in buying this since I ended up with a copy of the new edition on xbox one for xmas.

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
14. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 23, 2016, 00:23 FloorPie

First game I've pre-ordered in awhile besides blizzard ones. I had lots of fun in the beta, put about 6 hours in. I have some concerns about gameplay and longevity but I'm willing to take the risk based on what I've seen.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
19. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 18:56 FloorPie

I can't complain to much. I got the game via nvidia with a video card and then because of the problems they gave out free copies of Arkham City (I think) and another batman game.  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video
6. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video Jan 18, 2016, 16:29 FloorPie

rist3903 wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 22:18:
I always feel somewhat suspicious when they are coy with the gameplay before it comes out.

Yeah, that has me worried as well. Tempting to get it since I don't have the remastered versions of Homeworld but with no early reviews or let's plays out there... its hard to buy in now.

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
42. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 09:08 FloorPie

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 06:09:
Bill Nye didnt need to be corrupted, he always was an obnoxious corrupt weakling.

Agreed.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
18. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 21:40 FloorPie

I've seen it on sale for the xbone at $39. I'll probably get the PC version when it hits $20 or less.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Winamp Dec 20, 2015, 23:15 FloorPie

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 23:12:
Well, I still use Winamp daily as my sole MP3 player. I have zero interest in streaming content (unless it's one of the few webradio spots left), and I have a thing called directory-structure that functions as my library.

Someone turned me on to something called AIMP when I brought up this headline today. Haven't checked it out yet, but sounds promising.

I've been using it off and on for a couple of years. Its not perfect but I like it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
30. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 01:39 FloorPie

Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 22:04:
thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 18:29:
No kidding. I complained about CIG's marketing rigging a community poll for best development studio of year on another gaming news site (seriously, Square Enix was ahead by a mile then CIG's marketing announced the poll on reddit and suddenly CIG had almost 700 more votes) and got attacked by the cultists. To call them immature and rude would be a gross understatement. I don't envy Derek for having to put up with the constant barrage of hate these rabid idiots have hurled at him since he started pointing out that CIG might not be on the up and up.

Don't feel sorry. He knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he took CIG to task and made demands. Besides if there ever a person who can handle it Derek would be that person.

I have to give Derek respect for it. Never thought I would say that after the usenet days.

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale
22. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 2, 2015, 15:36 FloorPie

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 15:16:
Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 12:44:

As for the GOG sale I haven't bought anything on GOG in quite some time but the X-Wing bundle was ripe for the picking this time around, although I wish they would have sold the individual games for the prices inside that bundle because I didn't really need/want them all.

Thats how they get you. Same thing happened to me with HOMM5 last sale they had. Oh well. I already had #3 but now I have all of them. At least they take the one's you own out of the price.

Gettysburg Generals for $4.49 looks good, that and shadow warrior.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
18. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 18:02 FloorPie

Looks like they backed down on the driver issue with their gameworks crap. I'm honestly surprised.  

News Comments > Overwatch Stress Test Weekend
1. Re: Overwatch Stress Test Weekend Nov 17, 2015, 20:07 FloorPie

Heh. Luck. This would be the blizzard that gave my wow/diablo account a legacy of the void beta invite but not my starcraft2 account.  

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
5. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 20:19 FloorPie

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 20:08:
Dawn of War up to the Winter Assault expansion is one of my favorite RTS games all time, especially with mods.

It's such a shame Relic went in such a different, smaller scale direction with DoW2.

I bought DoW2 on sale for like 4 bucks, can barely get into it at all. On the other side of the coin, I've probably got 250+ hours in the various flavors of DoW1/mods at this point.

Same here. I just could not get into DoW2. I did not want a Company of Heroes version of DoW. I still play DoW1 with some mods every so often. Bought every expansion.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November
10. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November Sep 15, 2015, 00:37 FloorPie

En Taro Adun, my life for Aiur!  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 14:31 FloorPie

Wow, out of no where. One upside is its only $13 if you already owned PA. I like PA overall, it has many flaws but for the sub $10 I paid for it on a steam sale I got my money's worth. The new super weapons look good.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 15:38 FloorPie

descender wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 15:28:
I'm not complaining about implementing new technology in PC games... only that they are using this GameWorks program (like they used phsyx and other programs in the past) to fragment PC gaming further. I was really commenting on the absurdity that they are pushing a new tech like this again in a WB game when they haven't really updated the increasingly stale gameplay since the first game.... and the absurdity of people's hardware purchasing decisions... I guess that wasn't clear and then my response to CJ is tangential.

I'm all about choices and new technologies, but the way nVidia has been going about it lately seems wrong to me. That's all. You guys can put your pitchforks away now.

The nvidia loyalty club is rather insane. The metric shifts constantly. When losing on raw performance, performance per watt matters most to nvidia. When losing on ram, 3.5GB is enough. With the new AMD cards coming out soon (finally...) it will be "4GB isn't enough" compared to the 6gb on the 980ti and 12gb on titan.

Anyway, hopefully the game is good but I too got a free copy with a 970. In fact, two free games was really the main reason to pick up a nvidia card this year.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
35. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 15:09 FloorPie

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 13:50:

Okay that makes sense then. But, holy shit, to be releasing a 4gb card this late in the game when everyone is thinking about 4k gaming or at least multimon setups... That's kind of ludicrous in itself. I get that the stacked RAM is expensive, but by the time the "Fury" comes out, nVidia's 14nm Pascal will be right around the corner, using HBM2. AMD needs to stop getting clobbered.

Heh, the 4gb only complaint was well predicted and now being pushed. Look, if 4gb ram is really a big limitation right now, it was back in September when the 970/980 were released and thus the 970 with its 3.5gb issue is really a screw job by nvidia. Now for high end $500+ card, 6gb is probably a better deal but the 980ti is really just again proving that nvidia is good at marketing with the titan x and 980. Cards are getting out of control on pricing vs performance. Witcher3 with all its bells and whistles prove that considering it brings 980s/Titan to its knees even at 1080p. Forget 4k gaming. If you care about that, well you're paying $1000+ for two cards and the debate is mostly pointless.

Time will tell if I got hosed but I got a deal on a R9 290 (two actually) and a 970 with two free games make that card a tolerable deal.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast May 7, 2015, 22:19 FloorPie

bigspender wrote on May 7, 2015, 21:27:
Kevin Conroy is batman!

Exactly, along with Hamil as the voice of Joker.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 14:57 FloorPie

ldonyo wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 14:48:
WaltC wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:18:
Cook is the dangerous party, imo...If I discover a business doesn't want my business for whatever the reason, do I...

a) Find another business run by someone who appreciates my business and will value it

or

b) Take the businessman who doesn't want my business to court to force him to do business with me...?

If you said "B" you can join Tim Cook in the corner with his dunce cap in place...;)

According to the GLBT alliance, the only group in the US that does not have the right to be offended is the 98%-99% heterosexual majority.
You really don't understand what that law does, do you?

It legalizes discrimination against anyone as long as you claim you hold a "sincerely held religious belief" that prevents you from treating someone you don't like/don't want to like/looks or acts different than you with any respect whatsoever. It will be especially hard on people in small and rural communities where there may only be one place to get a type of product or service.

So you'll support me when I sue a Jewish cafe owner for not selling me pork products? Can a Jewish person demand something on the menu at Red Lobster be kosher?

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
22. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 16:21 FloorPie

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:42:
It'll be fun once someone comes up with a good controller-to-mouse emulator to stomp controller noobs on the PC with streaming.

See http://xim4.com/

265 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo