Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 502 (Apprentice)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks

18. Re: Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks Nov 13, 2019, 16:47 FloorPie

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 21:44:
Noice. I hope that flaming dumbfuck gets sentenced to pay AT LEAST the full sum and that Epic will donate the monies to charity for mentally handicapped attention whores.

Twitch thots hardly need more money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

53. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 18:16 FloorPie

Congrats on the design update. Looks good and a better job than Steam did recently.  

News Comments > Steam Cloud Gaming Plans?

15. Re: Steam Cloud Gaming Plans? Nov 6, 2019, 17:26 FloorPie

aka_STEVE wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 14:51:
STEAM can't even keep their store online , much less fully stream the games to all of it's customers....
Publishers may love this idea & locking it all down , but unless we get a vastly improved national broadband upgrade & power grid - this cloud based gaming will be crap to use/ play on for a long time.
They'll never be able to keep the paying customer base ....

Steam can't even code their new game library UI decently.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

43. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 18:52 FloorPie

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 16:17:
Apparently some people with i5s are having a lot of issues with freezing and stuttering. It was good of Rockstar to not bother testing with such an unpopular CPU

I'm having smooth butter performance at 1440p with a 1080ti and a 3900X, huge upgrade from the console experience.

Well, Rockstar is not known for lean and mean code. Do we know if it has Denuvo DRM? That hates anything less than 6core/12thread cpus. Older i5's are 4c/4t or 6c/6t.

Its rather amusing that Nvidia recommends a rtx 2060 for 1080p 60fps on high settings.

Edit: Ok, looking at the performance graphics linked above, the game is just a gpu power hog. 1080p mostly ultra settings gets you 80fps on a 2080ti.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist

8. Re: Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist Nov 1, 2019, 04:01 FloorPie

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 21:43:
roguebanshee wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 21:23:
Naw, the Steam Library UI patch pushed them past Steam in usability.
ouch

Its true. The worst part is they actually let it go out of beta while being a memory hog and that it can't properly draw the library screen on many people's systems, including my own. It takes 5-10 seconds now to load the library page and I have to move my mouse around to get it to draw the screen faster. All for a bunch of portrait shaped icons, a unremovable "whats new" row of game info I probably don't need. All games are listed on the left side in small font no matter what and clicking on one brings up the old game page with news/links.

Gone is the ability to minimize that if I don't want/need it. As said above by MB, its UI designers ignoring function to make something new and supposedly pretty.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program

34. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 24, 2019, 02:10 FloorPie

Task wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 20:19:
It's a GaaS game, were people expecting dedicated server tools?

Yes, like almost every other survival type game.

I thank Bethesda for the great laugh today though.

News Comments > Crusader Kings III Announced; Crusader Kings II Freed

10. Re: Crusader Kings III Announced; Crusader Kings II Freed Oct 21, 2019, 02:02 FloorPie

"I suppose the issue is, I don't consider it price gouging. The $40 base game was a full game in it's own right."

Except when it isn't. Take two games Paradox published last year, Surviving Mars and Battletech. $40 games that dropped to $20 or less during sales with year one dlc that costs more than the base game. It has been $1 cheaper to rebuy Surviving Mar's Gold version for months now when the game is on sale. A game that was just given away for free on Epic store.

Paradox just announced a new game that will be exclusive to Epic store. If Paradox tries their standard dlc tactics there with no frequent sales or price competition, I doubt the game will do well.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits

7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2019, 01:56 FloorPie

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2019, 20:22:
AMD also always does better than Intel and Nvidia outside the US because of the markups they add. It makes zero sense to buy anything but AMD outside the US.

It depends on the country usually. From what I've heard over the last few years in Europe, AMD cpu's run cheaper than Intel. GPU's is usually the opposite with Nvidia running cheaper. Lately Nvidia and Intel's markups have not helped and thus AMD sells more and more.

News Comments > Stellaris Expansion and DLC Announced

4. Re: Stellaris Expansion and DLC Announced Oct 19, 2019, 20:11 FloorPie

I could rant for a long while on Stellaris. Its their only "grand strategy" game that I can really get into and isn't tedious to learn the UI. Taking out the travel methods was an excuse for them not being able to fix other problems (static defenses were pointless) or dumb design decisions. 2.0+ is ok, they fixed the border system but then put in standard paradox grand strategy Europa Universalis like restrictions. Such as not being able to declare war on a empire that didn't share a border with you or horrendous war weariness costs while the AI cheats horribly.

They originally called it more of a 4x/rts hybrid and yet it has no real rts components as the battles are a pretty light show with no player interaction.

News Comments > Crusader Kings III Announced; Crusader Kings II Freed

2. Re: Crusader Kings III Announced; Crusader Kings II Freed Oct 19, 2019, 20:02 FloorPie

They've had a few humble bundles with it in the past year or two. Not too long ago I picked it up with most of the DLC for $15, namely the expansions and not units/flags fluff etc.. I say most because I think there is still $100+ worth of DLC I don't own on steam. Its Paradox. You buy CK2 once CK3 has been released.  

News Comments > Stellaris Expansion and DLC Announced

1. Re: Stellaris Expansion and DLC Announced Oct 19, 2019, 17:09 FloorPie

Heh, so in theory its taken them 3+ years to make federations work properly or just be worth the effort and you'll have to buy it as dlc expansion. Standard Paradox.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2019, 14:30 FloorPie

Blue wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 13:21:
Hoop wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 11:45:
I thought the states had insane d/l speeds?
Down here I've been on 200mbps 4-5 years.

A lot of places do, and this is one of them. I could get 1 Gbps if I wanted to pay more, but I don't have a real need for it.

The 1TB monthly bandwidth cap doesn't help either. They finally offer 1gb in my area but want a 2 year agreement and usually triple play package deal requiring I get their phone and tv.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2019, 11:27 FloorPie

The speed boost is called "over provisioning" and is usually a 20% boost in speeds depending on the connections. My 120 Mbps connection will get 150 from Steam and most other gaming sites. They just upped speeds for most people across the country. Sadly my older plan did not get a free boost.

One of the best places if you have any issues with comcast is the dslreports.com sub forum for comcast/xfinity.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program

8. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 18:36 FloorPie

Avus wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 17:10:
buying the most expensive and latest GPU for decades old games, money well spent...

It just works! To make money for Nvidia. When it isn't dying and putting up space invaders on the screen.

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

21. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 12, 2019, 18:33 FloorPie

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 17:04:
Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:01:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 13:54:
Imagine the uproar around here if he'd said Black Lives Matter.
No wait, that's kneeling in the nfl.

Muahhh I wouldn't give a fuck if he said that, or took a knee because you can do that kind of shit here in America.
Colin Kaepernick would like a word.

The difference is that blitzchung protested an issue based on reality; on things actually going on systematically in China and one can easily show the evidence. Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset. And for those prone to straw-man other people's arguments: I am not saying there is no police violence or that there's nothing of anything.

Pretty sure Colin is protesting a real issue.

Yes, and what was the NFL's respose to a Dallas player who wanted to salute fallen cops via stickers on his uniform or whatever after that BLM march when a lone guy shot and killed several cops a few years ago? They told him no. Colin Kapernick and others can bend a knee all they want though. Such oppression.

The NFL and NBA have long controlled the speech of their players and staff. The HK issue I guess has just finally cheesed off a majority of Americans that now everyone notices how much corporations have sold out to do business with China.

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX 5500 Series Announced

5. Re: AMD Radeon RX 5500 Series Announced Oct 7, 2019, 18:06 FloorPie

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 11:50:
lul 1080p in 2019. Laugh2

When gpu companies and even decent reviewers are touting $350 as high end 1080p and entry level 1440 (they're really not), what do you expect most people to do?

4k has been an illusion for years in pc gaming. Then last year it became a $999 minimum card unless you wanted to be entry level at $700 for a 2080 or stick with a 1080ti which at least had 11gb of ram to handle 4k.

The GPU market has been a joke for the past 3-4 years.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Breaks Out

17. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Breaks Out Oct 4, 2019, 22:31 FloorPie

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 4, 2019, 16:46:
WABs game review is freakin' hilarious and spot on. What a disappointment

The clown horn was a nice touch. His teaser preview sold it though. Mack is probably the best cranky fusspot reviewer out there today.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Getting Mounts

4. Re: Conan Exiles Getting Mounts Sep 27, 2019, 13:29 FloorPie

About time. Also, if you have any interest in building your own castles, the game is worth it for that. Just play single player, turn on god/admin mode and spawn in all the items you need.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

85. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 16, 2019, 18:56 FloorPie

Beamer wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 17:15:
If you don't want to buy it on EGS, buy it here. I've had people tell me Steam isn't a monopoly, despite so many games using it exclusively, because you can buy it elsewhere (then install it on Steam.)

BL3 is on the Humble Store. Problem solved.

Yes, this is known by anyone following this nonsense and game sales in general (see isthereanydeal dot com). So its nice that they sell some of their games on humble and greenman gaming now. Note it seems to be mostly the big AAA games. Still a monopoly like you claim Steam is though. So, 3 stores to choose from for Epic vs 5-10 for most major Steam games.

I might actually buy Satisfactory if it was available through humble.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

79. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 14, 2019, 16:20 FloorPie

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 14:47:
Red886 wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 14:32:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 13:44:
Icewind wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 14:22:
"but no one gets mad when a game is exclusive to steam!"

Yeah, because Steam doesn't make a publisher go exclusive to them. Any publisher can take their game to GOG, or Windows Store, or itch.io, or whatever. Steam doesn't dangle money in front of a dev and tell them "If you take this you can't go anywhere else"

In your defense of Epic Game Store, I'd like you folks to be a little less facetious.

They don't have to dangle money because they're by far the biggest. That's Epic's entire point. PC game sales needs better competition. As for those competitors you mentioned, they've been competing with Valve for years and making no headway.

except this competition is bad for the consumer.

are you not consumer too?

Know what else is bad for the consumer? Monopolies like Steam.

If Steam is a monopoly then so is Epic with their exclusives. At least there is price competition on Steam these days.

502 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >