Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 378 (Amateur)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
36. Re: Suck my exhaust Kilrathi scum! Oct 11, 2018, 16:05 FloorPie

Wow, they might actually release Starlancer finally, I mean SQ42. A star studded cavalcade of Mo-cap goodness. I see Captain Vin Scully there in the trailer freeze frame. Do we have to search out Foxxy Mulder to seek out the truth out there in the void?

Only a few more years boys and we'll be on to Freelancer goodness!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 28, 2018, 02:11 FloorPie

It would not surprise me but time will tell if the new drivers are hampering older cards.

Early oddities on test results though between CPUs and new drivers on 1080ti cards:

AnandTech Forum Link 8700kvs 2700x

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 18:02 FloorPie

Slick wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 15:23:
BFBC2 was on sale on Steam for $3 the other day, don't know if it's still going. Apparently, you have to link your Origin account and play through origin tho for MP. Kinda like a Steam-Ubi dealio. Loved that game tho, even though it's pretty dated. Great SP campaign.

Lots of people were having problems with that on Steam. Just take the cd-key steam gives you and activate it on your origin account, no "linking" has to be done. Worked just fine for me.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 12, 2018, 02:14 FloorPie

I thought it was hilarious that I started out as a British soldier in Norway using almost all German guns. Want to use something else? Level up your character. Want to change skills on your guns? Buy a new one and start all over. But hey, you can customize your gun with funky colored muzzle breaks and flash hiders.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
4. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Steam Fee Aug 31, 2018, 20:32 FloorPie

Customized space towel and towel rack in your space hangar, free with stream purchase.

This clown show known as Star Citizen is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
33. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 20:17 FloorPie

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 19:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:03:
Bodolza wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:59:
If people realize that the 2nd Amendment is already moot, there's a chance it could get repealed.
I'd say there is basically 0% chance of that happening any time soon. Certainly not in my lifetime.

Why not? The Constitution is chock full of amendments now. It's never been put to a vote. Hold a referendum. Hell, it doesn't even need to be national, states could decide by vote. There would be more than a few that would likely make good gun control a reality.

I would never accept any referendum results on banning guns. They would all be unconsitutional as they violate the 2nd. You have to repeal it or you lead to insurrections or civil war.

You might remember that many states had referendums on gay marriage. Some had direct democratic votes to define marriage as one man/one woman (CA and OR being two of them). Appeals courts at the states and federal level said no and in 2015, the Supremes agreed. This was despite the fact that marriage is not mentioned in the constitution or the 14th amendment. Guns (specifically arms, meaning not just guns) is mentioned in the 2nd but apparently is not covered under the 14th. If states have the 10th amendment rights to make gun laws but not marriage laws... well, so much for equality under the law.

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:23:
@Maddog, Mexico and Brazil have massive corruption and weak institutions. That's why.

Yes, and Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Atlanta, Memphis, DC, Oakland and other US cities are paragons of virture and thus no gun crime. Take out the many major metro areas of this country from the stats and watch the USA drop down that list to near Europe levels (despite millions more guns).

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
36. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 20:22 FloorPie

Wraith wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 16:15:
how do you feel about libraries

False equivalence. Libraries are bound by the fact that the value of a book is encapsulated in the media. You can't separate the two, whereas the digital download market has demonstrated that the media and the experience are two entirely different things.

This is why digital storefronts are so popular with publishers - because it annihilates the used games market.

So was I stealing from developers when I bought NHL 17 (or 18 I forget) for $12 on the PS4 store the other week? One benefit from digital stores is that I can buy "new games" a lot cheaper, a lot quicker than before. Much of that is do to competition for customers but when I don't own the media to be able play the game whenever, even say 10 years down the road, I want to be paying a lot less cash/credit for a game I may not have access to in the future (which in some cases is less than 5 years).

Hell, you must absolutely fucking hate Humble Bundle.

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
18. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 11:37 FloorPie

Freddie wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 02:42:
FloorPie wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 02:07:
You can't even tell Steam to start up in Invisible mode automatically.

This is incorrect. As long as you are set to invisible before Steam is closed down, on next launch it will set you to invisible automatically. I just tested it

No, it is correct. You have to log out in invisible mode for that to work. Before there was an option to always start Steam in "offline" mode for the friends list.

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
6. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 02:07 FloorPie

They decided to kill offline mode for the friends list/chat. No idea why. Invisible mode is nice and all but there are times when I want to be completely disconnected from the friends list. You can't even tell Steam to start up in Invisible mode automatically.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
12. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 14:44 FloorPie

This whole story is just so pathetic now. They've been getting some good press lately with the newest 3.0 patch or whatever. I've seen several streamers praising it or couching it as flawed but fun with friends aka don't take it too seriously because its buggy as hell.

Edit. If true, this is great, from the reddit thread:

"Also on the lulzy record, they did say it was like donating to build a church... but dont you dare call it a cult."

So, you're donating to the building of the Church of Roberts Space Industries.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jul 9, 2018, 21:26 FloorPie

A video game writer, a mmo writer no less, can't take some tame criticism from a rando youtuber and the white knights ride out to the rescue of m'lady.

Devs get all kinds of lame advice they wisely ignore. They also get all kinds of advice they should probably listen to but don't. Film at 11.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
24. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 06:04 FloorPie

"depicting a frightening future when music consists of John Denver covers"

Its not a bad cover, doesn't beat the original though. Take me home, country roads, away from battle royales.

Also, never ever get out of the car.

News Comments > Battlefield V System Specs
11. Re: Battlefield V System Specs May 29, 2018, 16:08 FloorPie

My guess would be they went with a now 2+ year old i5 as an easy catchall benchmark for i5's down to even the 2500k (of 2011 era). Though, for BF games lately they favor more cores so, might want the speed boost of anything from 2015 onward.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 28, 2018, 15:20 FloorPie

Meh, mankind divided has been on sale before, in the humble monthly recently and on PS plus.  

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
27. Re: Battlefield V in October May 24, 2018, 04:51 FloorPie

Trailer gave me whiplash but a good laugh with the call for a medic bit. Best line I've seen about it has been: "Tracer's grandma had a robot arm?"  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2018, 15:43 FloorPie

I favor GOG these days for single player games. Why be locked into DRM via steam for single player? The only big downside I see for single or multiplayer games on GOG is patches can show up slower for some games than on Steam.  

News Comments > Age of Wonders: Planetfall Announced
8. Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall Announced May 20, 2018, 02:03 FloorPie

Slashman wrote on May 20, 2018, 00:55:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 19, 2018, 19:01:
SciFi setting is perfect for DLC'o'rama piecemeal deliveries, of course. They can just keep adding planet after planet until the udders are dry.

Good to know we can always count on you Mr. Ray of Sunshine! Sunny

Is he wrong though? Its Paradox publishing it.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Apr 22, 2018, 15:13 FloorPie

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 14:16:
Leper wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 13:14:
I don't think Let's Plays should be allowed on these major sites (unless the company specifically allows it). It's like allowing someone to upload a movie to on Youtube and it's ok because they provide some commentary periodically. Gameplay is only one part of a game's value but that's the only part that you miss out on from watching a Let's Play.

I agree, but most devs/pubs encourage it as a form of free advertising. Nintendo is the only company I can think of that actively fights against this sort of thing, and people hate them for it, but it's probably necessary in order to maintain all the same IP rights they have now. Streaming clearly does not fall under fair use, and it makes you wonder if allowing it might set precedent for future changes in related laws that result in companies losing control of their properties.

Thats a battle companies will lose and deservedly so. Let's plays and streaming have gotten me to buy more games than not. Many of which I would have waited till the inevitable 1,3,6, 12 month sale for 50%+ off. I can actually see gameplay first hand and not rely on written word and a few screenshots. Nintendo's argument would be more tolerable if they weren't basically making the "content creators" their slaves. Even just 2-3 years ago they had a better argument when ad revenue was still up and clearly overhyped and not worth what companies paid for it. Now with ad revenue down on youtube especially it makes even less sense. People are watching streamers for what they bring personality wise (or cleavage) in playing/demo'ing a game.

Some games I will watch but have little interest in actually playing like Sea of thieves. It was fun to watch for a month especially with roleplayers haming it up but mostly boring now.

If we're going to treat streaming games under fair use like tv shows/movies and live broadcasts, games better be a hell of a lot cheaper and I don't mean Free to play with cosmetic items for money and surely not PTW either.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Released
36. Re: Far Cry 5 Released Mar 27, 2018, 19:47 FloorPie

Bah, I bought in, it looked like too much fun. I've been a sucker for the ubi games the past 3 years now.

Runs 51-73 fps on high settings at 1080p (in game benchmark) on a fx 8350 with a RX 480 8gb gpu. Havent had a chance to run it on the i7 with nvidia yet.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 11:35 FloorPie

Timmeh wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 10:58:
As long as they also ban black people for using the Nword non stop.

Or is that racism in our completely bass ackwards lefty SJW wasteland of a culture.

Thats raciss you ignorant cracker.

378 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo