Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 265 (Amateur)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
16. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 19:54 FloorPie

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 18:48:
So we're all in agreement then. Scripted trailers which show no gameplay are acceptable only when it has nothing to do with Activision, Epic, Ubisoft and EA.

Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

Also, go watch the gameplay trailer linked above. It looks promising.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Nordic Games Becomes THQ Nordic
7. Re: Nordic Games Becomes THQ Nordic Aug 12, 2016, 15:54 FloorPie

Dunno if I would stick with the THQ name myself.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
40. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 15:52 FloorPie

I've read reports of people playing it fine with opengl 4.4 so that requirement is amusing.

We'll see what happens when I fire it up later on my system with a 7870 vid card. Saw one guy on twitch that was having no real issues with the game but watched totalbiscuit live too with very noticable fps/stuttering issues.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Your 'intimate personal massager' – cough – is spying on you. Aug 9, 2016, 20:00 FloorPie

SlimRam wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 18:25:
I should probably wake up a bit more before I read stuff. I honestly thought it said couch instead of cough and then I thought,"Who the HELL would have a intimate personal massager couch and how would you explain it to your friends?"

"Please, everyone come in and have a seat...oh...wait...NO DON'T SIT ON THE COUCH!"

Mind the wet spot!

News Comments > No Man Sky Patch & Plans
12. Re: No Man Sky Patch & Plans Aug 7, 2016, 20:15 FloorPie

shiho wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 18:34:
coughstarcitizencough

Hardly a fair comparison. At least NMS has a retail product on the market.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced Aug 2, 2016, 13:34 FloorPie

Hopefully it is good. Looks like a modern version of Final Liberation game from the 90s.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 00:46 FloorPie

The leaked gameplay vids looked pretty good. Definately waited on reviews though. I picked up Starbound and have been enjoying it so far.  

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
55. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 18:36 FloorPie

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 14:27:
Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:16:
Well when those greedy fucks stop their bullshit regional pricing we'll stop using services like G2A. They only have themselves to blame. This is mostly all Steam's fault anyway.

Shorter Cutter, CJ, etc.

"I want all the benefits of living in the First World like safety, clean food, robust infrastructure, and good healthcare, but I want to pay the same price as a Somali citizen for my games. Also, fuck the devs, they don't deserve to get paid for the work they did, but I have no problem buying their games and playing them for dozens of hours, because reasons."

Selfish and sociopathic.

Heh, most of those first world benefits are facing out of control costs due to bloated bureaucracies and unrealistic utopian mindsets. But hey, get ready for medical tourism to hit the USA.

In some cases it is cheaper for me to fly from the western USA to Japan for an MRI than it is to drive 20 minutes to a local imaging center. The USA insanely overpays for healthcare and basically funds the medical industry and the low prices for everyone else. And no, a massive gov agency running everyone's healthcare wont solve that problem. The feds/states with medicare/medicaid have for decades now been the Walmart of price influences in the medical service market.

As for grey market keys, I don't care that much aside from the credit fraud it enables/promotes. The market says people would buy more games if they were cheaper. I'm shocked. If Amazon can backstop 20% discounts on new games for 2 weeks and preorders for retail copy games, I'm guessing others can too. Toss in all the DLC nonsense and we're back to square one on the piracy/costs debates.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
16. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 18:56 FloorPie

It amuses me greatly that I am linking Derek Smart's analysis on this game... but I can't say I don't agree with Smart.

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos/#post-3698

Look at the new terms of service changes in the latest patch. Basically, no more refunds and they don't have to keep any of their promises.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
9. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 14:56 FloorPie

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:42:
I suspect this will be like Prototype where they replaced the main character from the first one because people complained he wasn't likeable. Then the 2nd game had an even worse main character.

Looks like it. Hip hop hack the planet!

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
14. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 5, 2016, 00:52 FloorPie

Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 16:23:
and for any that missed it, BattleBorn had one of the slickest intros I've seen in a while. Looks like the studio who did Samurai Champloo...

CHECKIT

Nope. Even the friend who got me to buy the game warned me the intro was over done. Its at least 2mins too long and by the time it ended and I could play the required intro mission (to then play any other part of the game) I was half cheesed off.

I don't hate the humor in the game so far but its more of the same borderlands stuff and just overdone now.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2016, 16:56 FloorPie

Meh. Let the speculation begin! Its $50 more at MSRP than the 970 was and while better... I don't see a huge reason to upgrade if youre at 1080p res monitor, maybe at 1440p. Maybe.

Above those screen resolutions or with VR, you'll want a 1070 minimum and I'd go with something better than that if possible.

Ultimately, I'd say wait for the benchmarks which won't be out till mid June I think. The 1080 numbers are out now for the stock nvidia card (founder's edition). The custom cooler options will be out a couple of weeks hopefully but more like mid June I bet. 1080 Founders version hits shelves 5/27.

Given past history with the 900 cards. I'd wait unless you absolutely need a new card now. Then maybe a 1070 or new Polaris card from AMD will be enough to tide one over to the stuff due next year. The 980ti was a much better deal than the 980 card. I expect the 1080 will be the same.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked?
16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked? May 16, 2016, 15:33 FloorPie

Frijoles wrote on May 16, 2016, 12:09:
With no flash deals anymore, the whole sale is meh. Check it out on day 1 and then don't bother coming back. Hell, ignore it on day 1 and come back on day 2 so you can use Steam without it crashing.

Eh, it depends. I still come across games on sale I didn't see in the list the first day. Steam changes what they highlight every day or few hours so you can find something you missed if it isn't on your wishlist.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 16:04 FloorPie

Case is probably the most important issue with silence and fans. Fractal Design's Define case (R5 model now) is one of the best while only being around $100 (with built in case fan speed control).

CPU air cooling, Noctua is the best in my experience. Expensive but not as much as good water cooling.

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
23. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 15:58 FloorPie

I've been a cynic on this series since Civ3 long ago. Civ4 is probably my favorite of the series but like others I'll wait until I see what the DLC/Expansions offer.

I got V after the second or third expansion I think. I shouldn't have... it wasn't much better than the original demo. Its just not as good as Civ4 and I hated the hex and combat systems. At least I was only out about $20. Beyond Earth looked to be much the same and I avoided it.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
24. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 4, 2016, 14:54 FloorPie

For the glory of the Imperium!

Bout damn time Relic.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps Apr 24, 2016, 12:31 FloorPie

I've spent almost no time in the single player, almost all of my time is online with friends. It helps to have people to run heists etc. with. There are negatives in overall gameplay and design but the game is great.

Hackers are an issue though and rockstar is only going to care about the hackers and the people who get free cash from them because that dips into their shark card business.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
27. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 18:58 FloorPie

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:13:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 10:49:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Up Votes: 202,338
Down Votes: 498,264

Panned by fans.

Panned by people too concerned with "SJWs" and conspiracies to actually prioritize their lives.

It is hard to avoid conspiracies it when the producers etc. make a big deal out of it being all chicks to try to sell it under the whole grrl power meme. But ignoring the politics angle, just look up the reddit post/thread about the issues around the making of the film. A supposed insider dished a bunch of dirt awhile back. It doesn't look good. There is even a rumor from the leaked "north korean" sony hack that they studio was putting legal pressure/bribes to old cast members to do cameos/talk up the new movie.

And then there is the trailer. Status: They've nuked the fridge with another "classic" Hollywood franchise. Now back to your regular coverage of lame movie tie in games.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
48. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 18:40 FloorPie

Hah, people citing the Riker versus ensemenating a husk chick-non chick episode of TNG. Pretty sure that episode was to demonize straights vs gay more than gender binary vs not. Of course, in that TNG episode you could argue they had evolved to non binary genders rather than say, just cutting off body parts.

Back to Take the Beam out of our Eye Beamdog:

"We’ve received feedback around Mizhena, a supporting character who reveals she is transgender. In retrospect, it would have been better served if we had introduced a transgender character with more development. This is a lesson we will be carrying forward in our development as creators and we will be improving this character in a future update. "

Translation: Get stuffed, you intolerant BG traditionalists. You'll get more tranny nonsense and maybe we'll write a decent story around it, because we really do care... to virtue signal to people who probably don't play our games.

Apparently the girdle or masculinity/femininity and Edwin(a)'s nether scroll don't exist in the original games, making the whole tranny storyline moot and dumb to begin with.

Why don't they just write a new story in Faerun? Nah, gotta shit on the classics.

Then there is the fact that its reported to be a buggy mess and the story is rather lame overall. But the trannies!

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta
3. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta Mar 29, 2016, 15:54 FloorPie

Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 12:44:
As a former Orc, and member of the Horde, I find this offensive! #OrcLivesMatter

Go cry to Green Jesus ya filthy orc.

265 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo