Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
63. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 17, 2017, 02:23 FloorPie

Rigs wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 21:54:
Neeevergonnagetit, never gonna get it
Never gonna get it, gonna get it

Imagine if the top news item on Blues one day was 'Chris Roberts Goes Missing, Star Citizen Cancelled', I theorize that the comments section would burn to the ground! Even people that don't play/like space combat sims like SC and Elite:Dangerous still know what Star Citizen is. If it happened on the same day that Trump announced his resignation (or the Dems announced they were starting Impeachment Proceedings*), the Net would go down as if a North Korean EMP pulse went off! And if all of those happened at once? Well, you probably wouldn't know because the country would be in a state of anarchy due to the cancellation of Star Citizen...

=-Rigs-=

*Note, I am not making a political argument, nor am I trying to start one!

Heh, reminds me of this picture/meme from last year:

http://starecat.com/trump-preordered-no-mans-sky-protester-sign/

In 2020 the signs will be Trump preordered Star Citizen.

Anyway, Squadron 42 or no, I just want my pleasure yacht with hookers and a big towel rack in the all gold bathroom already.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 03:34 FloorPie

ROFL. This wasn't like, real life man... but thats not acceptable in real life either man. Unless I say it is, cause you know... reasons!

"PewDiePie was playing a video game. He wasn’t in a fistfight or a car crash. Those are heated moments, not that a racial epithet is acceptable in them, either."

Can someone get this guy a computer and the internet? Anyone? Worldstar? Music videos? Oh, wait thats their culture.

Lets just ban that game, PUBG. Its evil. It leads to such things as people yelling out epithets of eeevil. ISIS has infiltrated it! Just ban it. Ban all humor while your at it. Unless its safe humor (prison rape jokes are ok I hear). Just make fun of nerds or something. Except black, gay, trans, disabled nerds. Thats bad.

PUBG looks pretty stressful to me, what with redneck ISIS from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfdrZPs5ORw

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Adds Free Content
7. Re: Endless Space 2 Adds Free Content Sep 13, 2017, 13:09 FloorPie

The combat in ES1 was the worst part for me. Almost everything else was if not good, tolerable and the game enjoyable. For a price. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get $30 out of ES2 though.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free Sep 13, 2017, 13:00 FloorPie

loomy wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 11:01:
uhh all that shit for $7 is worth it. I don't care what the criticisms were

Yeah, I found a PC code in a retail box version on Amazon for $8 a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad deal considering.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
10. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Sep 4, 2017, 21:40 FloorPie

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 17:30:
So, the Witcher. Never played. Is it good?

Far, far better than watching Deckard Cain getting killed by butterfly magic.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Announced
9. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Announced Aug 30, 2017, 16:12 FloorPie

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 12:41:
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 12:00:
Needs more than just the Skaven. They're neat but they're kind of.... meh.

What a blasphemous statement Nothing can compete against furry death-balls of backstabbery and doooooooom.

That said, I really wish for a game kinda like this, just with a bit more of a story/RPG/progression focus. If this is just more of the same from Vermintide 1 I am not gonna care. Quite enjoyed this game in PUB (surprisingly enough) but the grind.. and the loot system, was just... not really conductive to fun. The levels were always the same, and without a director like in L4D I always found them to always be kinda boring when it comes down to it.

Yeah, the loot system and the grind killed it for me beyond maybe 15 hours with friends in 1-2 hour sessions. Still good overall for the $25 or so I paid. Solo, I just couldn't get back into it or want to pug.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
29. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 17:20 FloorPie

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 14:15:
Martin Riggs: The guy who shot me! The same albino jackrabbit son of a bitch who did Hunsacker.
Roger Murtaugh: You sure?
Martin Riggs: Yeah, I'm sure man. I never forget an asshole.

I'm gettin too old for this DLC shit.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
18. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 17:16 FloorPie

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 14:50:
Downloading this console peasant garbage as we speak . Let's see... so far this year's record holder for fastest uninstall on my side is the Titanfall 2 free trial which flew off my SSD after less than 10 minutes. Can Destiny 2 beat 10 minutes? Looking at the cheesy dumbass console kiddie trailers I have a feeling we might have a new winner here!

P.S.: What is this shit? 900KB/s download??? I thought Blizztard had nuff money for servers?? Guess not...

Hah, no. Sometimes its good, sometimes its not. Sometimes its your connection. It is also patch tuesday with a major patch for WoW today. An expected maintenance of 5 hours listed. They're up early but we'll see how it goes.

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
16. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 20:43 FloorPie

How is DRM not a valid argument? The UWP stuff locks out game mods almost completely. Its a total walled garden.

But lets just ignore that and the even bigger issue of MS has fucked over its customers before with GFWL!

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
8. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 19:54 FloorPie

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:28:
Bastardized MOBA, taking bets.

No bet here. Relic will continue their slide into oblivion. They couldn't even do a good remake of their Dawn of War franchise. They'll do well with AoE4? Win10 only? Oh, the lulz in the future.

They sent out a 50% off coupon for DoW3 last week to damn near everyone on Steam.

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
11. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 15, 2017, 14:14 FloorPie

Kajetan wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 12:50:
Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 12:20:
And this why marketing departments are nothing but a waste of time and money.
"Battle" is a military term. Maybe the wife of some CEO thought that the company has to be more family friendly.

Chicks ruin everything.

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
17. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 18:48 FloorPie

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 12:25:
20 years and 40 dollars for that? Yeah the guy obviously is a loony.

Heh, many have thought that for years. I'd forgotten all about Cleve and Grimoire till now. If I remember right his big crusade was against piracy and game pricing, but its been awhile. The political battles now don't surprise me as he used to be on the Quarter to Three forums a lot over ten years ago. Ruffled many feathers especially the hard core lefty types there.

So, $40 for Grimoire doesn't surprise me but sure does seem stupid. His project though.

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
17. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 20, 2017, 03:55 FloorPie

According to windows, my Doom install is now only 67GB. IIRC, before mega patch it was 78GB.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 01:04 FloorPie

Heh, why bother buying this seperately (whenever they release it for pc) when you can get it now for $50 with Infinite Warfare? Hmm, they will probably fully seperate them now to maximize profit. I really shouldn't waste the cash but tempting.  

News Comments > Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement
7. Re: Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement Jun 24, 2017, 00:36 FloorPie

Hmm, will they go after FiveM for multiplayer mods (that aren't the official servers) in GTA5? Sure seems to be what they're saying. They'd be stupid to do that, big community RP with that now.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:58 FloorPie

FYI, just saw on GoG, they have the old Homeworld Cataclysm on sale now. They renamed it Homeworld Emergence for copyright reasons.  

17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:36 FloorPie

Icewind wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:33:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:00:
Well, Search is dead for the moment, not the error report either. Only took 59 minutes to kill Steam.

Yeah, i'm trying to bring up a list of FPS and RPGs on sale but it's not even loading. I get the store front and my wishlist, but even on the web I can't access it.

Want to see if they've put Doom 4 on sale yet.

For games I own but want dlc etc, I've been pulling them up via community hub then clicking store page there.

Doom is $14.99.

16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:34 FloorPie

Kxmode wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 14:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 13:38:
Xero wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 13:31:
I might be blind, but I don't see any deals on the front, lol. They all look nearly full price.

LOL, yeah, now I see it. Looks like the sale panels are there, but none of the discounts were loaded. I guess at a company where everyone can do what they want, no one wants to do testing.

Apparently, the Pillars of Eternity devs jacked up the price ahead of Steam's summer sale. I would recommend key sellers as a viable alternative.

I don't remember what the regular price is but the sale price for at least the last two sales has been $17.99, the price it is at right now on steam.

I'm not seeing that many great deals so far. Many are expected ones but I'm surprised that some newer games aren't on sale even just 10-15%. Sega actually has the Total War Warhammer addon races on sale.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week
4. Re: Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week Jun 17, 2017, 10:04 FloorPie

Its more traditional rts than #2 was but the base building is weak, mostly pointless. The apology/we're listening post the devs put out is encouraging somewhat but I'm not optimistic. I'll see where its at in a few months, probably around holiday sales.

Ignoring art style preferences, the UI, or gameplay mechanics, the game was just shipped incomplete. 8 MP maps, one MP mode, weak single player campaign and no re-bindable keys for $60? Crazy town.

News Comments > Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge
10. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 02:14 FloorPie

Do these mods work with multiplayer co-op? A friend really likes the game and its ok playing it with others but the weapons degrade and lock picking to some extent just got damn tedious. I lost a really nice weapon once because I dared to respawn after a lame death. Some of the jumping puzzles drove me to finally quit about 6 hours in.

The intro also annoyed the hell out of me. I think it took me 1.5 hours to get through all of it just to be able to do co-op.

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo