Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 293 (Amateur)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 16, 2017, 01:28 FloorPie

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 15:21:
nin wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 15:17:
FloorPie wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 15:00:
All hail Astroneer!

What's the deal with that one? I watched a let's play the other night, and it reminded me a lot of the launch of NMS (with it's shitton of resource collection). Does it get better? What do you do besides collect and attach a string of buildings (maybe the LPer I watched just sucked at it)?

Looks like the usual early-access voxel-based survival game which is the latest flavor of the month among streamers of that genre. It's also $20.

Pretty much this. Crash land, build stuff, research new tech, build base. Build rovers to explore, spaceships to go to other planets. Definately still in alpha but I've had fun just puttering around in it. Can use the digging tool to make caves, mountains etc..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2017, 15:00 FloorPie

All hail Astroneer!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
61. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2017, 16:04 FloorPie

Fion wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 23:57:
Yes I mean Micro-SSD of course. On the prices, I forgot to mention they want $40 for one controller. Not one set, one controller.. left or right and you of course need both if you want to put them on a dock or that junky-looking plastic charger/controller because they each have different functionalities. Buying them as a set is $80!

Oh no, it is worse than that. It is $50 USD for just one "joy-con" half controller. $80 for the pair. Aka the nickle and dime eff you to parents having to buy a replacement that the kiddo (or parent) lost. $70 for a "pro" controller is pretty bad too but well, it doesn't look like there are any games yet that will really need it. Maybe zelda.

Slick: "The xbox doesn't ship with a game, the Playstation doesn't ship with a game. I can't remember the last time that was brought up as an issue, it's become standard practice."

Yes, yes. Just read Prez's post again. Bah, but here is another Time Machine argument for ya Slick... we're looking at now now, not then. Now. Hell, lets look at December 2015 just over a year ago. $300 got me 3 games with my xbone. Deals were apparently even better this year for PS4/Xbone. Nintendo isn't +/- 6 months into this generation, it is 3 years behind. But yeah, sign me up for $360 to get Mario Kart 8 DLC edition with a couple new modes. They'll probably kill Wii U online play too. Why, that will sell me on upgrading, to then use my smart phone to do any online chat/voice! But sure, this a cheap/ sort of smart way to do mobile online gaming but kinda dumb for a machine that is also supposed to be a home console. Oh, and $50 a year for that clunky mess. Sold!

Ahh, hybrids. You'd think people would learn after win8/10. At least they should have waited another 6-12 months for better hardware.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 20:33 FloorPie

Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 17:02:
Exactly, dafuq is this list that was thoroughly debunked on the first page of this thread?

Also, Xbox One launched at $500, PS4 $400, Nintendo Switch $300. But the third one is "expensive".

Don't know what you guys are smoking, but I don't want any.

Heh, like with the inflation arguments, what are the prices now in the current economy? They sure as hell aren't $400-500 for the Xbone S and PS4 Slim. $360 to play Skyrim on the go (later this year anyway), yay. Skrim is $15 or less on steam sales for PC. Buying a Wii U for Mario Kart and a couple of other games (no zelda till now) is enough of a gamble for me to do it again. I'd rather pick up a PS4 Slim for sony exclusives that I'd rarely play.

Time will tell if there is a huge market for a home console/portable hybrid that is clearly underpowered with $70 pro controllers and $50 party games like "milk the cow" and that eating contest game.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2016, 18:33 FloorPie

"Some of 2016ís best video games, including the interactive drama Firewatch and the disturbing Mario-inspired Inside, are largely about men and boys."

I demand that more romance novels be about men instead of women! Any Jane Austen book is entirely too female centered. Twilight is too focused on vampires, werewolves and the human teenage girls who love them, its biogtry! Create more male characters that men and boys can identify with or face my wrath as a NYT writer!

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
16. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 16:28 FloorPie

Acleacius wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 15:29:
Agree with you guys, sales are pretty crappy and the same everywhere now.

Mordecai Walfish thanks for the link. FYI, turns out they are fishing for your Steam info, so I passed.

How so? From what I see you just have to create a humble bundle account, not a big deal if you want the free game. I've never bothered to make one myself.

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Drivers
8. Re: New AMD ReLive Drivers Dec 22, 2016, 04:07 FloorPie

Knock on wood I've had good experiences in the past year with doing straight upgrades from the Radeon utility. I usually do create a windows restore point though to be safe.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
64. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Dec 19, 2016, 14:52 FloorPie

"I felt bad they let that guy in front of the camera in that shirt. It was so stretched by his belly that it looked like an optical illusion distortion of space-time. "

Yeah I'd feel bad but it fit so well with the Spaceballs joke at the end. The whole line is "What the hell was that!? Spaceball One. They've gone the plaid!".

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
57. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Dec 19, 2016, 00:25 FloorPie

Kelpie wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 06:24:
Did anyone see their holiday livestream? JFC what a cringefest. $140m really?

Unsurprisingly, they removed the steam from their YT channel, fortunately AngryFlyingBears has the edited highlights (Bonus: Spaceballs!).

https://youtu.be/l6UpYsOwlGY

They've gone the plaid!

Dear God that is both hilarious and sad. Thanks for that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Intel shitty thermal paste, again. Dec 16, 2016, 20:40 FloorPie

Mega thread of info by RichUK on Anandtech
here

Definately disappointing and I too may hold off to see what Zen does now. Though I wonder if the new mobo's (z270) will make a difference.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2016, 20:51.

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER DLC and Free Content
3. Re: Total War WARHAMMER DLC and Free Content Dec 9, 2016, 02:32 FloorPie

Yeah, pretty much guaranteed that I wait for sales for the dlc. This at least looks more interesting than the Beastmen dlc.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
36. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 01:28 FloorPie

Uh, its been a while lol but I pretty sure a friend and I could play together against AI or do joint missions in MW3.  

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
19. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 18:50 FloorPie

Bah, I have a copy of NWN2 and one expansion for it somewhere unplayed. Tempted to buy the whole thing.

I'm getting a bit cheesed off though, some games are back on sale from last month but others aren't. I've missed the Rebel Galaxy sale and the humble monthly deal with it as well.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
12. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 16:55 FloorPie

Specifically, Star Raiders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_VDM8nC9sM

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
26. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 15:09 FloorPie

Armengar wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:57:
Ship the game. Add ships as dlc later. This is how STO has been running. But you cant do that as all the money has gone on blow and hookers.

Incorrect. It was hookers first, then blow.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
16. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 16:32 FloorPie

Anyone know if the retail boxed copies are windows10 or steam versions?  

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
40. Re: Windows is made by incompetent programers with worse QA Oct 30, 2016, 15:24 FloorPie

MS fired/let go/released from service/made redundant etc. an good chunk of their QA over a year ago. A lot of beta testing for win10 goes to targeted win10 customers.

As for win10 store games, I'd actually be tempted to pick up gears4 if I could buy the xbox1 disc and use that on win10 as well. Apparently, the only way you can play it on both platforms is to buy the digital version of the game via xbox1 store. A main reason I have a console guys is that I have a physical copy of the game. Otherwise, I'd just buy it on steam for the same or likely cheaper (within a few months).

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
19. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 02:19 FloorPie

The reference to good reviews for Doom is most amusing. It got bad reviews pre release. Their multiplayer beta convinced me to not buy the game, it wasn't Doom but a variant of COD gameplay. If I wanted that, I'd go play one of the COD games I already own.

I waited for the single player reviews and even when they came back as good, all it did was make me wait for a sale. Same with FO4, and I should've waited till that dropped to $30 or so.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
56. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 17:52 FloorPie

SlimRam wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 13:34:
Thank God Derek Smart was around to tell us this game was in trouble, otherwise I would have never guessed it.

Thing is, who else but Derek Smart to try and wake up the zealots who've bought into the cult?

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing
5. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 6, 2016, 20:26 FloorPie

I don't hate the game like some but I didn't buy into all the hype either. It took about 10 hours to get a decent mining laser to end most of the resource management nonsense but by hour 15 or so I started to lose interest in the game.

When I read up on how to game the spaceship system, it takes away that fun too.

293 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo