Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 780 (Graduate)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FIFA 14 PC Using FIFA 13 Engine
9. Re: FIFA 14 PC Using FIFA 13 Engine May 22, 2013, 12:00 Reactor

I missed this before, but EA SPORTS IGNITE is the dumbest engine name evar.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 29, 2013, 20:23 Reactor

If its true Mission Control will be fixed for dual monitor setups- awesome.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 25, 2013, 01:57 Reactor

Great news. Let's hope they fix the bugs along the way.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Roadmap
29. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 11:05 Reactor

Just to support the guy who said not every gamer pirates- I don't pirate a thing. I actually enjoy paying for things these days.  

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer
21. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 07:12 Reactor

I really enjoyed Elite Force, but this looks... wrong.  

News Comments > New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers
15. Re: New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers Feb 19, 2013, 05:24 Reactor

So far, I've been unable to use anything newer than 296.10 on my PC. If I try, any game I run goes to black screen, and I have to reboot. I think it has something to do with over-scanning the display, but I can't figure it out. Very frustrating.

I have this issue with Farcry 3. Tons and tons of other people have the issue, but it seems no one on the planet seems to know why it's happening.

EDIT: Sorry, I should say that if you're getting a driver crash, it could be because of one of these many causes...

Forum link

Why it's common with FC3 though...

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 05:33.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans
1. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 20:33 Reactor

I just want it to work. I've had black screen crashes since the day I bought it. I think I've played a grand total of 15 minutes.  

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
38. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 18, 2013, 07:14 Reactor

Yawn. I'm going back to play more System Shock 2.

+1

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
4. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 09:59 Reactor

I don't instabuy much, but this one I'm happy too.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 27, 2013, 23:01 Reactor

I don't know a single person who thinks Apple stuff is uncool because older people own them. I'm sure there are some, but it's hardly the masses.  

News Comments > Flashback HD Remake Planned?
5. Re: Flashback HD Remake Planned? Jan 22, 2013, 00:38 Reactor

Yakubs wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 22:53:
One of my favorite games ever. Don't see the need for a remake with "HD" graphics that end up looking worse, though. I can just boot up the original in Dosbox...

If it's in DOS, it's not the original.

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
72. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 21, 2013, 20:51 Reactor

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 16:05:
Reactor wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 21:14:
Trying to put people liking the game down to 'kids' and their lack of knowledge is moronic, plain and simple.

No it isn't, kids don't have a gaming history going back 20+ years. So even a shitty game will seem AWESOME because there is nothing to compare it against in their limited lifetime thus far.

It's the same way how many console call of duty players can't get into quake because they never grew up playing Quake 1, quake 2 and quake 3. They will say things like "I can't get over the graphics bla bla bla". That is a sign you're not really a gamer, since gameplay is not what you play games for but aesthetic cinematic experiences aka cod and it's clones.

It's a totally rational and valid observation that applies to millions of people.

Aside from you trying to fill me in as if I'm 4 years old, is it an observation or is it not? You say, "no" as if your opinion is fact and then you say it's an observation. Unless you have a white paper with some stats on it we're not talking fact. You're right you have a rational observation, but it's still stupid to throw your angst against a portion of society when all you have to go on is a guess.

63. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 21, 2013, 08:10 Reactor

Obviously you and I have different understandings about what constitutes whining, then.  

60. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 21, 2013, 00:00 Reactor

Dades wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 22:26:
Reactor wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 21:14:
Blues may rock, but the place is still filled with the kings of bitching and moaning. Anyone who's been here for a long time will happily admit that. It's part of its charm ;)

Hmmm....

Gee, I don't think you managed to generalise enough there

One of these things is just like the other.

I've been around Blues long enough to have seen who's here. 'Tis a bit different from summing up millions of gamers.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2013, 00:50.

57. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 21:14 Reactor

Maybe people were just really disappointed with the game. Blues rocks, you suck.

Blues may rock, but the place is still filled with the kings of bitching and moaning. Anyone who's been here for a long time will happily admit that. It's part of its charm

The reality is most kids who love diablo 3 have no barometer for game quality, hence bluesnews is filled with older experienced hardcore gamers who played the first two games.

Gee, I don't think you managed to generalise enough there. You might want to try a bit harder and start breaking things down to skin colour.

On a side note, you make it sound as though 'older experienced' gamers are those that played D1. I'm a golden age gamer. The Diablo series was very late on in my gaming career. If you use Diablo 1 as starting point for those who are experienced and therefore have a, "barometer for game quality", you're opinion on the topic is worthless.

I imagine only a minority of Diablo 3 players played diablo 1 and 2. Since Diablo 1 + 2 were primarily PC games and they sold a lot less than world of warcraft. World of warcraft pulled in a new generation of kids who's gaming tastes are the most tasteless and banal in all of gaming.

I think imagination is all you have to go with on that one.

I realise some people don't like D3. Some people had specific expectations for what it'd be and it didn't live up to those. Some people just don't like it for some reason or another (the way it looks, plays, or sounds) and some people just don't like the balancing. Fair enough.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that some people actually get entertainment from it. I play it once and week with my brothers and it's pretty much what I recall from D2, but with easily accessible multiplayer. We ignore the auction house. We know the game isn't perfect. We remember the other Diablo games weren't perfect either.

Trying to put people liking the game down to 'kids' and their lack of knowledge is moronic, plain and simple.

41. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 10:56 Reactor

I must be in the minority for actually loving Diablo 3. :/

You're likely not- Blues is just the extreme whiner centre of the gaming universe. I agree the game isn't perfect, but even though I enjoyed 1 and 2 quite a bit, I'm getting just as much enjoyment out of playing through 3.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week
4. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week Jan 16, 2013, 23:48 Reactor

Yeah, I'm about 80% of the way through it, and loving it!  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week
2. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week Jan 16, 2013, 22:51 Reactor

Apparently it was something to do with the game itself not selling that well. So, they didn't invest in more singleplayer.

Kinda dumb if you ask me.

News Comments > IGF Finalists on Steam
8. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 20:39 Reactor

I'd buy Gunpoint for the guy's perspective on Kickstarter alone.  

News Comments > Roberts on PC Star Citizen
23. Re: Roberts on PC Star Citizen Nov 4, 2012, 07:46 Reactor

I put 16GB in my machine without even thinking twice.

Same, but 32GB in mine.

780 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo