Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 885 (Graduate)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy

36. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy Sep 21, 2010, 23:03 Reactor

I completely agree with what ASeven said. Talk about dumb.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com in Flux

53. Re: GOG.com in Flux Sep 20, 2010, 22:13 Reactor

Yeah, I would say now that gog.com is definitely closed. The most likely scenario to me at the moment is that they are merging with another site.

Whatever happens, one thing I'll miss is the Gog website. That was a well designed site.

News Comments > Open Outcast Techdemo

6. Re: Open Outcast Techdemo Sep 20, 2010, 12:29 Reactor

I never played the original, what's missing?

Heh, if Gog was around you could grab a copy

There's a real wow factor about the original game, even now. It just looks amazing. Back in the day the use of voxels was a sight to behold, but it still looks great today because it's such a radical departure from what we're all used to seeing. There's a vibrancy to the graphics that modern shaders can't exactly match.

But, the thing that I miss when looking at this (aside from the voiceovers, which aren't anywhere near as good) is the personality. They've tried to add the same attitude to the main character, but the conversation animations lack the personality of the original. It's hard to describe, but the the original is filled with a ton of little things that breathe life into the game. It's got the X-Factor! seriously, I think the best way to describe the original is that the characters look relaxed in their surroundings, which in turn makes them feel more real. The guys in this look like your typical game characters.

One other thing- the music is decent with this, but it's no Russian symphony orchestra. That added an incredible amount to the original. I can certainly look past that, as I think Outcast has a soundtrack very few games have come close to. But, it's the smaller things that are missing I hope get worked on. If they can get those things down, this'll be a fun thing to play through.

News Comments > Open Outcast Techdemo

2. Re: Open Outcast Techdemo Sep 20, 2010, 11:01 Reactor

On one hand, this looks really good. On the other hand, it's a good looking 3rd-person game that's missing a ton of the little things that made/make the original so much more than a run of the mill game.

I'm sure tons of people will love this though.

37. Re: GOG.com in Flux Sep 20, 2010, 01:30 Reactor

Divine Divinity also got one.  

32. Re: GOG.com in Flux Sep 19, 2010, 23:05 Reactor

Only Arx Fatalis got an actual compatability patch from the developer.

Not that this makes your point invalid, but I can think of another game that did.

News Comments > Free Premium QUAKE LIVE

7. Re: Free Premium QUAKE LIVE Sep 18, 2010, 11:20 Reactor

Well said, Yakumo.  

News Comments > VVVVVV on Steam

2. Re: VVVVVV on Steam Sep 8, 2010, 11:33 Reactor

A fantastic game. Nice to see it's on Steam now.  

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted

63. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 6, 2010, 00:53 Reactor

That's just what I recall. Happy to be wrong.  

60. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 5, 2010, 21:54 Reactor

Uh, yeah... I don't recall Creston or Jerykk as pro-piracy. Every time I come here I hear about Creston getting stuck into (and often enjoying) purchased games.

However I agree that most guys on here are members of the elite whining club.

41. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 5, 2010, 04:48 Reactor

Just getting back onto the topic... I like Brad's openness about what's happening at Stardock. Mistakes have been made, and I personally appreciate hearing about what impact those mistakes have had.

At least every Stardock customer knows where they stand, as opposed to dealing with the usual tight-lipped attitude of many developers.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 2, 2010, 04:03 Reactor

They're not too bad- if they're done right they're at least as playable as the best playing fps games on the DS. This tech demo plays decently well.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells 3M

5. Re: StarCraft II Sells 3M Sep 1, 2010, 11:47 Reactor

I'm not a rts guy, but this game really has me curious. Would someone who usually doesn't like rts games have any hope of getting enjoyment out of this game?

Possibly. The story is great, and the rts aspect, while deep, isn't convoluted. I have no idea if there's a demo, but if there is it'd certainly be worth checking out.

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells 3M

3. Re: StarCraft II Sells 3M Sep 1, 2010, 11:33 Reactor

3 million sales well deserved. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game right now.  

News Comments > On Portal 2's Dropped Competitive Multiplayer

2. Re: On Portal 2's Dropped Competitive Multiplayer Aug 27, 2010, 11:51 Reactor

Yep, smart move.  

News Comments > New Alien Swarm AI Director

1. Re: New Alien Swarm AI Director Aug 23, 2010, 21:50 Reactor

Good stuff.  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance 2: Reloaded Announced

7. Re: Jagged Alliance 2: Reloaded Announced Aug 20, 2010, 00:59 Reactor

Heh, I like the look of the original more  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Underway?

13. Re: Far Cry 3 Underway? Aug 19, 2010, 23:28 Reactor

The stuff you guys hated about FC2 was a non-issue for me. I enjoyed the game from start to finish.

However, as much as I'd welcome FC3, if it's DRM'd to the eyeballs like other Ubi titles it'll once again be a no buy.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans

19. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Aug 19, 2010, 12:41 Reactor

I didn't say "all," I said "some."

You said 'a lot', which implied you were talking about pretty much everyone. You were trying to shove as many people here as you could into a box.

And there's really a lot of room between "quieter" and "adrenaline pumping." Sitting for 10 minutes while a battle plays itself out, on 4x speed nonetheless, isn't really just "quieter." Especially when the battle isn't particularly interesting to watch and doesn't give any overly useful feedback to warrant such a lengthy time investment.

Yes, agreed. But, there is a fair amount to do during the battles. The idea is to study what's happening and alter your plans/loadouts if needed. I'd personally like to see more information available, but there's enough to keep my brain occupied. So far you're making it out that the game is a screensaver, which it isn't.

I didn't complain that I wanted my money back, I complained that I didn't get the value I spent.

Look, your comment had as much point as a mundane twitter status update. I made the comment about demos to remind you it's a way of getting value. End of story, take it or leave it.

Had I downloaded the demo I'd complain that I didn't get any fun out of the hour or two I put into the game.
Then what'd your snappy response be?

Heck, I don't know. Lots of people have complained about the demo, and that's been fine. People can dislike games. What irks me is when someone throws down silly blanket statements about people, and whines about a game when they could have easily checked it out before buying.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans

16. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Aug 19, 2010, 10:52 Reactor

I think a lot of the love for this game here is homerism, as cliffski posts here, is their friend, and they love it for that reason.

No, it's because it's fun. Obviously there will be people who dislike games which don't get the adrenaline pumping through their veins at lightspeed, but for those who can appreciate a quieter game it's great.

Didn't get my $5 worth.

Next time try the long forgotten technique of playing the demo.

885 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >