Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 806 (Graduate)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > GoG vs Goliath
26. Re: GoG vs Goliath Jul 1, 2010, 23:16 Reactor

So what I'm getting is the only people who buy GoG are those who are anti-Steam?

No. I love buying games off both, but GOG is clearly the better provider of classic games, even if the price is a little higher at times. That said, and as mentioned, Steam doesn't have anywhere near what GOG has. Every now and then Steam gets a game that GOG has, but GOG has soooo many more titles you really can't compare the two.

When you want to buy (sometimes) cheap games that'll rarely be supported, and some of the time not patched, you go to Steam. When you want well supported classics, you go to GOG. When you're in Australia you act as though D2D doesn't exist (because to D2D Australia doesn't exist) and when you can, you buy off Impulse because they're a good bunch of people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 21, 2010, 10:23 Reactor

Dragon Age is one of those games you'll appreciate more if you can just sit and play through without a lot of breaks.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2010, 22:23 Reactor

Keep your eyes open for stuff like this. At least with this kind of heads up you can guess what might be coming.

http://www.atkcommunity.com/threads/2508-EA-Week-on-Steam

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
92. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 14, 2010, 14:26 Reactor

Arg, you got me just before bed.

I think it's fair enough to say Rockstar aren't total disasters when it comes to PCs, and there's certainly potential for RDR to be a great port. But, quite a number of guys have issues with GTA4, and they're not guys with strange systems. I can personally run every game I have perfectly well, and I'm a dev who runs a lot of very touchy software. GTA4 is most certainly bugged beyond driver issues, or anything that simple.

There are plenty of other companies who don't patch their products period who are far more deserving of our scorn.

Can't they all have our scorn?

90. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 14, 2010, 13:55 Reactor

Like how you have nothing better to do than post about how bad this game would be and blah blah blah?

Look, I'm tired and need sleep. I don't want to argue the pointless rubbish with you any longer. But, I'll say something because it's nice to try and end things.

The comment wasn't about the game being bad. I've played it and like it, and would love it on the PC. It was about the way the developers are doing things at the moment, that result in more than janky-ass games. The games don't work at all (especially when you're talking about Steam), and there's no one around to fix them. There's no need to argue against someone who wants a game that works. Only an idiot would try and argue that it's okay for any and every PC game to be broken. The PC may have a history of busted games and some people may even enjoy dealing with them, but it doesn't make them right, and it certainly doesn't make an opinion like mine invalid.

Because of this, you might understand that it was frustrating when your posts consisted of taking every one of my points and posting the always impressive 10 year old tactic of pointing out the bleedingly obvious opposite alternative. "You don't like it? Don't buy it.", you said. "Well thanks for that genius. I never would have figured that out without your help.", I thought.

Your posts were a poitless nitpick against whatever I had said and was saying. Anyone can point out the opposites to any opinion, and all it does is drag out an argument for waaay too long... which was strange to see happening, because I hadn't actually argued anything. All I was doing was responding to the attitude and nitpicking tactic in your posts with my usual sarcasm.

So, whether it was right or wrong to nitpick or be sarcastic, let's just accept we have differing opinions so we can both do something else. For me, sleep. Keep on nitpicking if you want, but it won't be something I'll respond to.

88. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 14, 2010, 12:48 Reactor

That wasn't a personal insult. It was to ask if you like writing for no reason. Seriously, don't you have something better to do with your life than write up an essay trying to take down my passing comment?

I didn't originally have an 'entire argument', as you put it. I posted about how GTA4 was broken (to correct a guy who thought it was perfect now), and then I thought it was good Rockstar weren't sending a broken game to the PC as usual (and lately breaking PC games is all they've been doing- GTA3 and 4). I was hardly debating my opinion with a concise arguement.

I have no idea why you're ranting away at me, but all I can conclude is that you're bored. Go play a game or something. You know, all those broken ones you like so much. Meanwhile I'll do the same with the ones that've actually been patched to work, instead of break.

Have a nice day.

86. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 14, 2010, 11:37 Reactor

Do you always write so much for no reason at all?

I know it makes no sense to you, but sometimes I have this yearning to see games actually work as advertised, when I pay for them. Crazy, I know! But hey, you have nothing to worry about. Rockstar aren't going to stop using the PC as an intern training ground based on what I say. Your barely working, janky ass, PC port disasters are in good hands, even if you need to wait years to get them.

84. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 14, 2010, 10:27 Reactor

Well heck then, forget what I said, bring on them lame ports Rockstar- a few guys on Blues have a cravin' for broken and technically inferior games!

Don't worry, I'm sure the janitor and coffee boy will complete their duties early and give us all another GTA4 quality port in no time.

82. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 14, 2010, 09:48 Reactor

They usually break in newer teams by...

And that's the reason I think the PC will be better off without another terrible port.

64. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 12, 2010, 10:19 Reactor

The fundamental flaw of controllers is that they only control the direction of movement/sight and not the position

?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if you have an analogue stick for view, a d-pad for movement, and triggers for strafe, how do you lack the anything a normal mouse/keyboard setup would give you? (besides the finesse and a few other controls, obviously)

If a multiplayer fps game would be held with controllers vs mouse/kb players this would be made clear very fast.

More like instantly

61. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 12, 2010, 09:34 Reactor

Sure the GTAIV port was horrible, but there have been a lot of patches since, and it is quite playable now, and one of the best games I've played.

Excuse me a moment while I burn this into your head with a hot iron.

The patches only fixed the game for a number of people. Many have completely broken copies they can no longer play.

I really wish the GTA4 situation was being reported correctly, so we can all agree that Rockstar are officially useless.

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
45. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 10, 2010, 10:48 Reactor

Yes, Valve are clearly evil now.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
41. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 10, 2010, 00:01 Reactor

As far as press releases go, I'm pretty sure that was the most entertaining one I've ever read.

I agree, that was a good laugh. I love the title.

News Comments > Jurassic Park Game?
12. Re: Jurassic Park Game? Jun 9, 2010, 06:00 Reactor

Games are all about entertainment, and Trespasser entrained me with the best spring-loaded, jumping dinosaurs to ever grace a game. 'Nuff said really.  

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
77. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 23:29 Reactor

Those are great comments about DLC. That mostly sums it up for me.

Sometimes I personally feel there needs to be more time between the initial game release and extra content. I want to savour my initial purchase for a while, without feeling as though I'm missing out on what everyone else is talking about. That's why I say the DLC arrived too fast. One minute I'm looking at the normal price, and the next I'm looking at it being $6 higher, so I can talk about the game on par with everyone else.

Also, I never did feel like much (or any) effort was made with the game to say thanks to people for getting stuck into a new ip. How about some free content for people who'd been testing the game in the community? That kind of stuff seems to have all but replaced by DLC these days, which feels a little off. I don't know if that would have been as financially beneficial to you cliffski, but goodwill certainly has lasting ramifications. It's a thought, anyway.

61. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 07:14 Reactor

I'm from Superfurious. We've only released one title, and that was some time ago, which explains the low-keyness. Life has sadly gotten in the way. But, the old skills have been growing and getting back into it all will happen soon.

I can't say our game is up there with cliffski's, as he is quite the 2D game master, but it has it's moments, with a few things no space game since has managed to pull off, which is nice

Anyway, it's nice to see indie dev support.

57. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 05:37 Reactor

You had me for a second. Minnesota's culture is out of control, with the new artistic funding in full swing. Thought I'd missed a turn of artistic culture for a second.

Heh, I was wondering the reason

What indie studio (if I may ask so bluntly) are you?

Are you asking because of the thread from a little while back?

53. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 03:35 Reactor

You're kidding me.

Yes, I am kidding you.

49. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 02:46 Reactor

Does anybody understand what this guy just said? O.o

Don't worry, it's just a really modern poem.

As for GSB, I didn't buy it (despite liking it) because shortly after it was released a pretty costly addon was announced. Previous to that I'd heard some people had finished the game quite fast, so the idea of a short game with a $6 cost at the end of it (as well as a bunch of other addons I could see coming) for content that seemed as though it should've come with the initial release didn't exactly scream great value.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles
13. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 14:22 Reactor

GTA4 has been playable for quite some time now since we're playing the always enjoyable anecdote game. It was a disaster at launch but that was a long time ago.

Negative on that for many people. As mentioned in a recent thread the latest large patch broke the game completely for quite a few people. Some got a performance boost, but lots of people (myself included) can't play it at all.

806 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo