Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 791 (Graduate)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
61. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 07:14 Reactor

I'm from Superfurious. We've only released one title, and that was some time ago, which explains the low-keyness. Life has sadly gotten in the way. But, the old skills have been growing and getting back into it all will happen soon.

I can't say our game is up there with cliffski's, as he is quite the 2D game master, but it has it's moments, with a few things no space game since has managed to pull off, which is nice

Anyway, it's nice to see indie dev support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 05:37 Reactor

You had me for a second. Minnesota's culture is out of control, with the new artistic funding in full swing. Thought I'd missed a turn of artistic culture for a second.

Heh, I was wondering the reason

What indie studio (if I may ask so bluntly) are you?

Are you asking because of the thread from a little while back?

53. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 03:35 Reactor

You're kidding me.

Yes, I am kidding you.

49. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 02:46 Reactor

Does anybody understand what this guy just said? O.o

Don't worry, it's just a really modern poem.

As for GSB, I didn't buy it (despite liking it) because shortly after it was released a pretty costly addon was announced. Previous to that I'd heard some people had finished the game quite fast, so the idea of a short game with a $6 cost at the end of it (as well as a bunch of other addons I could see coming) for content that seemed as though it should've come with the initial release didn't exactly scream great value.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles
13. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 14:22 Reactor

GTA4 has been playable for quite some time now since we're playing the always enjoyable anecdote game. It was a disaster at launch but that was a long time ago.

Negative on that for many people. As mentioned in a recent thread the latest large patch broke the game completely for quite a few people. Some got a performance boost, but lots of people (myself included) can't play it at all.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Analysis
92. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis Jun 2, 2010, 13:48 Reactor

*hopes the game isn't too old*

For the record, we've learned a lot since then. The game seems so cheap in many ways to me now. But, I hope its zen-like repetitiveness is worth the bucks!

90. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis Jun 1, 2010, 23:46 Reactor

Heh, thanks Prez. I'm not sure how to pm on Blues (I didn't realise there was pim'ing!) so the cheapest way is to grab it on Impulse. It's an old game now, called Cellblock Squadrons. I have no idea if it'll be your cup of tea, but... thanks!

Hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be able to escape the clutches of real life and get another game out the door, and eventually reach Cliffski status

News Comments > GTA4 and Episodes from Liberty City Patched
5. Re: GTA4 and Episodes from Liberty City Patched Jun 1, 2010, 12:21 Reactor

The game is still a broken disaster. About 30% of people can't play the game at all since the last large patch, and this does nothing to fix it. I used to be able to run it well, but now it's completely unplayable thanks to huge slowdowns. Rockstar apparently think the issue is an ATI driver bug, which is dumb becuase lots of people with Nvidia cards (such as myself) have the issue.

Long story short- the interns have been put on patch duty and have no idea what they're doing.

87. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis Jun 1, 2010, 06:54 Reactor

Just once I'd like to see a developer who has been a victim of piracy make it a point to offer a sincere sign of gratitude for the customers who made it a point to pay when piracy is so easy rather than continually harp on the fact that their games are being pirated and how unfair life is, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm an indie dev. I'm not as prolific as cliffski (not many are :)), but I have been the victim of piracy. Generally I prefer to ignore it. We did put something in place that allowed us to see quite easily who floating around the forums had pirate copies of the game, but otherwise we didn't bother worrying about the issue, and just got on with selling the game and supporting those who'd purchased it. For those who hadn't, we weren't nasty. We simply urged them to buy a copy, which to my knowledge one guy did. We used a basic key to unlock the game, mainly to track who had what copy. Using aggressive DRM didn't enter our minds. I hate it myself, and would hate to subject people to it.

I don't personally believe there's any excuse for pirating games, but I'd rather get on with making great games than spending all day getting stressed about the attitudes of people. But, that's just me. Most indies (for better or worse) like to make some effort to either voice their disapproval, or put some kind of measure in place to prevent piracy. For those who are trying to support a family through their efforts, one can hardly blame them. Finding people who want to both play your game and pay for it, in what is now a heavily flooded industry, is difficult. Anything that urges people to pay for games, or spreads the word that piracy is hurting developers makes a difference. The key I think is in the balance of it all.

News Comments > Namco Bandai Likes Ubi's DRM
6. Re: Namco Bandai Likes Ubi's DRM May 27, 2010, 22:26 Reactor

"I'm convinced that whatever system you put in place you can be sure that two hours before putting it out it'll be cracked in Russia. I think that the combat against piracy is very complicated because it's very complicated to explain to a 12-year-old that drag and dropping a file on a PC is piracy - he was born with this." Thanks joao.

So... Russia is a country filled 12 year olds? I don't get it.

News Comments > Total War Countdown
5. Re: Total War Countdown May 25, 2010, 11:00 Reactor

I just started playing Rome after the Steam sale, and when I'm done with that I have Medieval and Empire to follow.

I'm in no rush for more.

News Comments > More Mac Steam Games
5. Re: More Mac Steam Games May 21, 2010, 02:12 Reactor

Indeed, to this day I struggle to understand how that can not annoy someone.  

News Comments > More Mac Steam Games
3. Re: More Mac Steam Games May 20, 2010, 02:32 Reactor

I know designers who drink Apple's juice all the time.

Ah yes, designers. I am one, and happy to be PC based. But most of the industry (especially when it comes to web design) think the only computer you can design something on is a Mac.

News Comments > Ubisoft Considering EA-Style DLC Scheme
9. Re: Ubisoft Considering EA-Style DLC Scheme May 19, 2010, 11:11 Reactor

Another brilliant idea on the never ending pile of stupid ideas that ruin gaming. Ah well.  

News Comments > Only ⅔ of Players Pay to Game
45. Re: Only &#8532; of Players Pay to Game May 19, 2010, 09:45 Reactor

Anyone that answers Blue back should have their posts deleted.  

News Comments > Only ⅔ of Players Pay to Game
12. Re: Only &#8532; of Players Pay to Game May 18, 2010, 11:29 Reactor

One of the teens at my church does this, basically.

You don't strike me as a church guy, Creston.

News Comments > Max Payne 2 Steam Follow-up
16. Re: Max Payne 2 Steam Follow-up May 13, 2010, 05:17 Reactor

Maybe I should ask a pirate to fix GTA4, that's still completely unplayable after the latest patch broke it.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2010, 02:34 Reactor

It was the first FPS where you could kill people sitting next to you on the couch.

True, but it was still a terrible game. The acclaim it receives now as a breakthrough gaming masterpiece is just rubbish.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 1, 2010, 06:19 Reactor

All signs point to Nintendo introducing a new black Wii console in May, and a poster leak from GameStop all but confirms most of the rumors we've heard.

The black wii has been out here in Australia for some time now. I guess the bundle might be different, though.... but still, a black wii is no surprise.

News Comments > Blood on GOG.com
34. Re: Blood on GOG.com Apr 26, 2010, 07:07 Reactor

I don't see why you wouldn't want to explain your opinions when that's the whole point.

I just gave you a bunch of reasons.

When making bold statements like these, you need to explain them. You can't just say "oh, it's the x-factor!" or "explaining myself is a waste of time."

Gosh, can't I?

That just irritates me to no end.

I'm sure you'll get over it in time.

If you don't have five minutes to spare, why are you writing any comments at all? You should be too busy for that.

Well, I am a little like you. I also get irritated when people don't back things up. But (as mentioned) the issue isn't just time, and time on its own. It's about me jumping through your little hoops until you're satisfied that all is concluded and I can finally go home after staying back in class.

That's what I don't have time for. Life has moved on past this little post in the archives of Blue's, and we've all said our bits about this topic. Some things are concluded, some aren't. That's life. Perhaps this topic will come up again and I can take some time out with a willing and genuine desire to investigate something unimportant that I don't fully know how to put into words.

Until then, I hope you understand. If not, then I'll see you at the next discussion where you'll no doubt try and rip into me for no apparent reason. Party on dude.

791 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo