Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 885 (Graduate)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Band of Bastards DLC Delivered

6. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Band of Bastards DLC Delivered Feb 6, 2019, 21:47 Reactor

Itís definitely not free of bugs, but itís quite playable. Itís also not a perfect game, but what itís amazing it, itís really amazing at.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OpFlashpoint Documentary

4. Re: OpFlashpoint Documentary Jan 22, 2019, 20:14 Reactor

The first time I saw the box, I couldn't believe the game would be as good as it looked. I took a risk and bought it... and boy was I surprised.

So many good times...

News Comments > Ace Combat 7 VR May Come to PCs

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 20, 2019, 04:40 Reactor

Borderlands VR is the first...  

News Comments > VR Shoes Demoed

5. Re: VR Shoes Demoed Jan 16, 2019, 09:25 Reactor

As one guy said on YouTube, itíll be great to look back in 10-15 years at how stupid all of these accessories made people look.  

News Comments > Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game

28. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 8, 2019, 10:39 Reactor

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 10:31:
I don't think anyone is claiming that good mobile games are an impossible task, just an improbable one. Most mobile games go for the low hanging free-to-play, pay-to-win fruit and even with a decent gameplay loop this leads to pretty much guaranteed mediocre games.

I for one can't get hyped for a mobile game for precisely this reason. The only one which I played which was absolutely awesome was Hearthstone.

If it helps, Alien Blackout isn't a freemium title.

25. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 8, 2019, 09:49 Reactor

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 09:31:
Reactor wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 02:35:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 01:12:
The shift seems weird. How is it even working? Smartphones have been around for over ten years and Iíve yet to play a mind-blowing, captivative game that gives me the same feeling I got when I first started playing pc games back in the 90s. I guess Words With Friends and fín Fappiní Birds is the new Half-Life and System Shock. What a simple generation of gamers. Itís really sad to see it all come crumbling down.

Not to mention all the fín 8 bit graphics side-scrollers that are winning game of the year lmao. Iím just going to throw out my pc and start basket weaving.

How old are you? Youíre referring to 90s PC gaming as though thatís the time when good games first appeared (which is so far from true itís rediculious) but then you mention Flappy Bird and Words With Friends as if you havenít upgraded your phone in 8 years.

Mobile gaming obviously isnít going to grab you in the same way as a gaming system (for totally obvious reasons) but times have changed... there are some quality premium titles to play. Iíve had some really great moments playing games on my iPad/phone.

Iím not saying this is the best move for the Alien series... but too much whining about mobile gaming methinks.

So, Candy Crusher, according to you, which decade did the best pc games first appear? What we're talking about here is that it's a letdown that the aliens game is mobile and not pc. I mean, this is Blues News after all. Yeah, I owned an Atari too, whoop-de-doo. My point is that most of us build expensive machines, so when we see a triple-A dev tease a new game, and it turns out to be a mobile one (e.g. Blizzard), it's a big letdown.

Why are you calling me Candy Crusher? Do you think I'm young or something? Whatever. I actually said I didn't disagree with your point (although I don't personally mind a mobile game, because mobile gaming isn't as 2005 as you seem to think it is). After the success of Isolation you'd think they'd follow it up with another.

But for the record, good games didn't start with the PC. If you've got a 2600 still sitting around in a box somewhere I'm sure you know gaming was alive and well long before Windows PCs entered the fray.

My point was that, disappointment aside, maybe this won't be as pointless as some people imagine it will be.

23. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 8, 2019, 09:06 Reactor

Beamer wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 07:20:
The shift seems weird. How is it even working? Smartphones have been around for over ten years and Iíve yet to play a mind-blowing, captivative game that gives me the same feeling I got when I first started playing pc games back in the 90s. I guess Words With Friends and fín Fappiní Birds is the new Half-Life and System Shock. What a simple generation of gamers. Itís really sad to see it all come crumbling down.

Not to mention all the fín 8 bit graphics side-scrollers that are winning game of the year lmao. Iím just going to throw out my pc and start basket weaving.

Because your expectations are incorrect. I mean, I've never seen a table-top game that rivals Half Life, yet plenty of people here love table-top games. It's because they're not expecting one to, y'know, be Half-Life.

Mobile games are largely about doing something fun to kill time, whether on a subway, sitting around waiting for something, or just on the couch with the TV on in the background. I don't know, maybe you're one of those guys that builds a mobile PS4 rig to take in the airport, but when I'm at my gate waiting I'll often kill time on my phone. Like a normal human being. And you need fun games for that. Games you can play rounds quickly. Games somewhat repetitive so you can master them over time. You're not here for plot, you're not here for graphics, and not here for action.

But games like Mini Metro, or Bloons TD, or Kingdom Rush, are all very fun strategy games to master.

Wholehearted agree... but I wanted to add that PC experiences are making their way to mobile too. Iíve been playing Tropico without a hassle, along with Grid and great platformers like Odmar. What you can do in a small device is pretty crazy these days.

18. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 8, 2019, 02:35 Reactor

How old are you? Youíre referring to 90s PC gaming as though thatís the time when good games first appeared (which is so far from true itís rediculious) but then you mention Flappy Bird and Words With Friends as if you havenít upgraded your phone in 8 years.

Mobile gaming obviously isnít going to grab you in the same way as a gaming system (for totally obvious reasons) but times have changed... there are some quality premium titles to play. Iíve had some really great moments playing games on my iPad/phone.

Iím not saying this is the best move for the Alien series... but too much whining about mobile gaming methinks.

News Comments > More on the Star Control Legal Battle

17. Re: More on the Star Control Legal Battle Jan 5, 2019, 08:20 Reactor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0  

News Comments > Epic Launching App Store

15. Re: Epic Launching App Store Dec 31, 2018, 22:58 Reactor

I just had to update to the latest Epic Games launcher... and my goodness, is that thing a total mess compared to every other launcher out there.

It's slow, clunky... and the currency for games was in UAH (and signing into the website to try and fix it just came up with an error).

A big no thanks at this point, for whatever they do. I just got a Rift and both the Oculus and Viveport apps work like a dream compared to Epic's efforts...

News Comments > John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad

31. Re: John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad Dec 11, 2018, 09:03 Reactor

Jonjonz wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 07:37:
Squirmer wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 16:36:
How are you people criticizing him for a passion project...

"Passion project" Hoo-Ha, that's the best guffaw I have had this week.

Must have taken him an hour or to to slap together some generic looking DOOM wads, and then weeks of scheming and schmoozing a 2nd rate guitarist and a 2nd rate artist to combine their work with his doofy wad and then sell it for $200 to the whales out there.

Iím going to call you Captain Cinicism from now on.

News Comments > John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad

26. Re: John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad Dec 10, 2018, 19:47 Reactor

Graham wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 18:33:
Squirmer wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 16:36:
How are you people criticizing him for a passion project to celebrate the 25th anniversary of one of the most significant games ever made? Something wrong with you all.

Yeah, I'm a little disgusted with the response here. The guy puts out a bunch of free content to celebrate one of the reasons this website even exists and all we get is bitching.

You people suck.

+1

But also not surprised...

News Comments > Into the Black

4. Re: Amigas... Dec 8, 2018, 07:28 Reactor

A51Abductee wrote on Dec 8, 2018, 02:18:
I'll never forget seeing Cinemaware's It Came From the Desert running on an Amiga in a Software ETC store around 1990. It absolutely stunned me that computers were capable of that level of output.

Oh how I played that game to death

We had an Amiga 1000, and a 1200. Man, how the games still hold up today! Some of them are long lost treasures now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_8z2sMRe-g

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Released

23. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 11:44 Reactor

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 09:56:
Reactor wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 09:45:
Iím a huge JC fan, but because of the silly pricing and issues, I decided to get X4 instead. Feels kinda weird not getting in on it right away, but I guess Iíll get it later...

I went exactly the other way around. Huge X fan, but decided to wait until it's patched before plunging in, as the amount of bugs I read about on their forum is staggering.

Probably a wise move... but so far Iím loving it! YouTube vids donít do it justice...

19. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 09:45 Reactor

Iím a huge JC fan, but because of the silly pricing and issues, I decided to get X4 instead. Feels kinda weird not getting in on it right away, but I guess Iíll get it later...  

6. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 4, 2018, 20:52 Reactor

Iím sure thisíll be fun, but the price on Steam is pretty silly. I have credit for Steam I was hoping to use for this, but Iíd need to pay an amount on top of that, that almost equals the price I could get it elsewhere.  

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLC Next Week

2. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLC Next Week Nov 24, 2018, 00:34 Reactor

I just started playing this after I got a lot of the expansions for a song on Humble. I think I have about 9 million hours of playtime so... no rush for me with this expansion!  

News Comments > Diablo IV in Development Hell?

13. Re: Diablo IV in Development Hell? Nov 22, 2018, 23:14 Reactor

So many weird ideas... just release an enhanced version of Diablo 2 - keep it moody like Diablo 1. The fans will eat it up. Itís just too much overthinking at this point.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Early

13. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Early Nov 14, 2018, 08:44 Reactor

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 14, 2018, 07:35:
Reactor wrote on Nov 13, 2018, 20:42:
Every time I read about 76 the game just sounds more and more broken. I canít understand why anyone would pay for it...

Get ready to get flamed to death for this comment, by the diehard (Bethesda) Fallout fans on Bluesnews.

Noted, but I dont think Iím the only one saying it....

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Early

5. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Early Nov 13, 2018, 20:42 Reactor

Every time I read about 76 the game just sounds more and more broken. I canít understand why anyone would pay for it...  

885 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >