Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 828 (Graduate)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased
6. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 07:00 Reactor

El Pit wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 00:26:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 00:09:
I could take a dump and make a better game then this....W.T.F.......

So, which better games have you released?

I think heís saying his dump would be a better game...

Iím thinking no. Dude needs a brain.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Released
2. Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Released Jun 30, 2018, 02:44 Reactor

Yeah the price seems kinda N. Sane.  

News Comments > Life is Strange 2 in September
3. Re: Life is Strange 2 in September Jun 23, 2018, 00:41 Reactor

I just picked up the first one for $5...  

News Comments > Scrolls Revived as (Free) Caller's Bane
4. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2018, 01:13 Reactor

In the about section of the website it still says, ďPlaying ScrollsĒ...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 15, 2018, 03:59 Reactor

No issues here.  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month
12. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month Jun 5, 2018, 09:24 Reactor

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 08:26:
Its a shame no one remembers the original Red Faction, a FPS with great gunplay, and COMPLETE DYNAMIC destruction, not this gimmicky static 3rd person stuff where your explosions don't even leave craters. You could actually dig tunnels with a rocket launcher in the original, I shit you not.

I remember that, and about a billion games before it. This is Blues... not a Fortnite fan club.

The terrain was destructible in Red Faction, which for a poly based engine was pretty impressive, but I'm not sure it was as appreciated as it should've been because of the voxel games that proceeded it (like Outcast and Shattered Steel, amongst others).

From what I remember (and I could be wrong)- the guys who built this "gimmicky static 3rd person stuff" did this after they made the Red Faction engine, but instead of just making a game where you could make tunnels, they worked on physics that could keep buildings standing. That's a hell of a lot more complex. Obviously having a deforming ground as well as those physics would've killed any computer on the planet, so... I think they made a good choice.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month
8. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month Jun 5, 2018, 05:23 Reactor

Super nice of THQ to update existing owners with this version... it's still a great game...  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2018, 01:02 Reactor

These video game timeline things that people keep making (like the 64 objects one) are garbage, and seem to ignore the fact games were played on computers like the Amiga.  

News Comments > PC Shenmue I and II Announced
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 14, 2018, 21:33 Reactor

Maybe they wonít make a lot from it but Iím excited about this! I never did finish number 2 and my Dreamcast drive has pretty much failed...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 14, 2018, 06:17 Reactor

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 21:09:
How about detecting fucking tailgaters which are 95% of all accidents right there? That day cannot come soon enough.

+1

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
21. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 30, 2018, 02:55 Reactor

Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 02:40:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 21:36:
@Rigs. Thanks. That reduced launch cost is needed.
Dev wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 20:54:
Nice, thanks for the list of No Man's Sky Mods!
I really believe that HG has been punished more than enough for Murray's untruths with the backlash after release and I think HG should be applauded for staying with such a toxic game and trying to make it into that which they promised it would be. There was so much hype and hysteria over the game and given what happened when it was delayed just once, I don't think they had any choice other than to release it when they did. Maybe they thought the extra few months would give them the time needed to put the features in that everyone expected from the beginning but you need to understand that this wasn't just the fault of HG and Murray alone. I strongly believe, to this day, that Sony should be blamed for what happened more than anything else. They were the corporate machine in the background pushing Murray to say just about anything to get a good response. I mean the guy went on The Late Show with Colbert for fucks sake! How much more proof do you need that Sony was behind it? You think a dev with two games to it's name, no matter the project they had coming, would be able to secure a spot on a show like that, with a national audience without Sony's help!? Fuck no. And Sony probably saw the people foaming at the bit to get just a taste of it that they figured they could say anything, whatever it took to put more flame to the fire. Some kid bought a prerelease version on eBay for a substantial amount of money just to get a few weeks earlier access to it! When have you heard that happening before?

No, I think HG was painted into a small corner by the hype and Sony and had nowhere to go. Given that a full two and half years later, they're still adding to it and trying to make it the game all of us wanted to begin with absolves them of any of the sins Murray might have committed before launch, at least in my eyes. There's plenty of outright corporate villainy in the industry today that we don't have to constantly bang on the drum that one game happened to not be what was believed at launch. That's par for the course nowadays! At least we have a game and one that continues to improve. It could've been vaporware or HG could have dropped it after release due to backlash. They didn't. And because of that, I support them 100%. They're trying to fix a mistake they made, for whatever reason and that's about as human as you can get.

=-Rigs-=

Agreed...

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
3. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 29, 2018, 11:54 Reactor

Zoopster wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 10:38:
Sorry Murray. You fooled us once, not again.

Iím happy with it... and I welcome yet another free update.

News Comments > Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Mar 1, 2018, 04:31 Reactor

Awesome... Iím actually excited about a game for once...  

News Comments > Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access
5. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 01:37 Reactor

This looks pretty darn good!  

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
59. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 08:53 Reactor

SMITE wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:56:
FloorPie wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 21:16:
robdot wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 20:31:
Dear republicans,,MAYBE ITS THE FUCKING GUN ,

No, if its the gun then vidya games are just as much to blame.

Perhaps it is our culture overall? Maybe SSRI type drugs? Nah. Blame the guns, video games, movies, or music.

Right. Because someone armed with "culture" walked into that school and murdered 17 people.

What a bullshit excuse. I'll tell you what. "Video games, movies or music," never killed ANYONE.

Guns? Yeah. THOSE kill people. That's what they're DESIGNED to do.

Now you'll tell me that the guns didn't kill anyone, it's people who do the killing.

So how many of those people used a movie, video game, or music to kill someone?

How many of them used guns?

When you break it down ... your argument is totally stupid.

Exactly!

Come on people, this stuff isnít rocket science.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
14. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 22, 2018, 21:55 Reactor

FloorPie wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 21:16:
robdot wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 20:31:
Dear republicans,,MAYBE ITS THE FUCKING GUN ,

No, if its the gun then vidya games are just as much to blame.

Perhaps it is our culture overall? Maybe SSRI type drugs? Nah. Blame the guns, video games, movies, or music.

Haha, what the heck are you talking about? Gun are the main problem. There are crazy people across the world, but when you have readily available guns you wind up with the huge issues the US has.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 03:19 Reactor

All rubber feet will make rings on oiled wooden tables...

And itís only oiled tables... not just wood tables.

News Comments > Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer
31. Re: Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer Jan 27, 2018, 04:32 Reactor

Damn, that website has so much going on my eyes almost started to bleed.  

News Comments > Subnautica Surfaces
5. Re: Subnautica Surfaces Jan 25, 2018, 00:20 Reactor

NKD wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 21:02:
This game is super fucking polished IMHO, and spooky as fuck if you have any fear of the deep sea.

Agreed! The sound design is amazing...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 3, 2018, 00:04 Reactor

Saboth wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 20:16:
I hope Apple does not purchase Netflix. I don't want to pay $30 a month just because they put the Apple logo on the homepage.

Why the heck would they charge $30? Their music service is priced the same (if not better) than everyone else.

828 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo