Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ben

Real Name Ben   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bingo
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 8, 2003, 04:29
Total Comments 17 (Suspect)
User ID 19329

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Need for Speed Underground 2
11. No subject Nov 8, 2004, 19:54 Bingo

Why couldn't they release HL2 one week after it went gold? We'd all be playing it now!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As
96. No subject Oct 22, 2004, 17:09 Bingo

I'm sorry, but we already know that once you have a Steam account, all the games that are linked to it are accessible from any computer, as long as Steam is installed on it and that you can connect to Internet so that this installation of Steam knows that you can play (and of course to download the game if it is not already on this computer). Once connected, you can disconnect a then use Steam's offline mode.

I don't see why this would be different in HL2's case...

News Comments > Morning Q&As
93. No subject Oct 22, 2004, 16:50 Bingo

Almost 100 posts, and only one of them was smart enough to raise this very important question.

It's not a smart question at all. Had he read a little on Steam (all this info is on Steam's website) and he'd have his answer. Which is completely different from what you posted.

If most of the people was smart enough, they'd read what Steam is all about on www.steampowered.com and they'd probably have all of their questions answered, and threads like this one wouldn't be filled with the same questions over and over that have been answered long ago.

In short, RTFM...
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 16:52.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deee-luxe?
19. No subject Sep 24, 2004, 03:00 Bingo

I remember reading somewhere that HL:S et all. will all be downloadable, so what's the point of paying 20-25$ to get it in the box? It's like buying the more expensive Counter-Strike when you can get the whole game for less...
I could be tempted for the DVD, but nah, 25$ is way too much just to have a single disc...

News Comments > Twilight War & Source Engine
12. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2004, 00:22 Bingo

What's funny is that you're bitching about Doom3 but you don't have it, yet you're completly amazed by HL2... but it isn't out yet! How can you have opinions on both?

And I'm not writing this to defend Doom3 (currently playing it. I like it; it's not game of the year material but still...) or to bash HL2. I really hope HL2 will live up to the hype and it's predecessor, since HL1 was my favorite FPS of all time, maybe my favorite game. But I'm not shouting to everyone that HL2 is the game of the year. How could I? Let me play it, then I'll have an opinion...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. No subject Sep 4, 2004, 08:15 Bingo

I have this Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 (P/N: A1838) with my AMD64 3500+, and I think it's pretty quiet. It is said not to be going over 21dBA and while I can't check it out, I'm pretty sure it stays close to that. It's an 80mm fan and it never really goes over 2800 rpm. If you decide to get rid of your current sink/fan, you should check it out.

News Comments > WON to be Lost
25. Re: Losux Jul 16, 2004, 07:39 Bingo

Install Windows: one problem solved, hundreds of new unsolvable problems...

News Comments > Canadian Pandora Tomorrow Patch
2. Re: Sacré Maroon! Apr 14, 2004, 12:07 Bingo

It often happens that the same game in a different language requires a different patch. That's what's happening for the french edition. You can still find the North American version everywhere in Canada, including Quebec, so I don't see what's wrong with that. They probably also have a different patch for the version you'll find in Europe.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: BFV & UT2k4 Mar 16, 2004, 14:23 Bingo

Future Shop's website has UT2k4 for $40 (free shipping) and BFV for $50 (free shipping), so if you're willing to wait, that might be your best bet. Call around and see what you can come up with.
It's the other way around. BFV for 40$ and UT2004 for 50$. I just checked.

News Comments > NFS: Most Wanted?
18. No subject Mar 6, 2004, 00:26 Bingo

They should bring back split screen. If they make it for consoles, why take it out for the PC? I remember with NFS3 how fun it was, and I miss it.
That and replays, of course!

News Comments > NFS Underground Patch
10. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2004, 02:14 Bingo

Dont be silly. EA listening to the communinity?! lol

I know... And did you realize they give free stuff in every BF1942 patches... Something's happening, I can feel it. Some sort of "end of the world" thing...

News Comments > NFS Underground Patch
3. No subject Feb 4, 2004, 19:58 Bingo

Are you serious? EA must have been reading these forums. Not only was this patch made to fix the video problem I have, but they also fixed something else that bugged me by releasing the patch as an executable! We were a few to complain about it at the release of the last patch. I thought EA wasn't listening to the community...

News Comments > Natural Selection H-L Beta
13. Steam Jan 25, 2004, 18:14 Bingo

I just reinstalled Windows on my new hard drive, and couldn't download any Steam installer that came with HL of CS pre-cached. So I went for the 500kb and downloaded HL and CS at an average speed of 2 Mbps, and it never froze or stalled or anything. And it actually tells you what it's doing (I joined a server, and instead of only telling you that it is verifying file, you have a second progress bar for every file it downloads/checks). I remember the first time I installed Steam (a bit before it became non-beta) and couldn't install anything.
My conclusion is that people bitching Steam should give it a second chance. Even though it looks the same, it's not the Steam you know...

News Comments > NFS: Underground Patch
21. Re: Bingo Jan 8, 2004, 17:13 Bingo

Turn off "Light Trails" and the motion blur will function properly...

Thanks, that did the trick.

13. Re: No details Jan 8, 2004, 13:52 Bingo

Well anyway, their patching system never worked for me. Since they adopted this automated patching system, I was never ever able to patch a NFS game again. Currently, I could apply this patch a hundred times, the website would still tell me there's a patch available, yet it tells me the patching process ran succesfully. I'm still at version 1.3.0 (to those who had a succesfull patch, what's the correct version?)

11. Blur Jan 8, 2004, 13:38 Bingo

Does it fix the bluring effect? In the demo, using NOS gave that cool blurring effect, now with the full game, the screen turns black. At that speed, I'd like to know where I'm going...
I had to disable it, but I thought it was cool so I'd like it working properly...

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 13:38.

News Comments > Uru Demo
6. Re: Replay Nov 11, 2003, 14:53 Bingo

You can always only play the singleplayer part of the game. You d'ont have to go online. And I've read somewhere, from one of the developers that the first few months should be free. That's great beacause you usually only get the first month free.

17 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo