Descending
Limit Results:

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

KotOR 2?
Mar 20, 2004, 09:06
KotOR 2? Mar 20, 2004, 09:06
Mar 20, 2004, 09:06

Please GOD let the name be something other than Knights of the Old Republic 2. I hate that crap, aunique name would be so much better, possibly another one from the comics, i.e. "Dark Lords of this Sith" or something.

It really makes my skin crawl when games call themeslves <GameName> 2, sure its the second game, but really, anyone who was interested knows this anyway. Pluss, a number at the end makes it like the game itself isnt that good and it needs to live off the originals reputation in order to sell.
-Arcon

Re: Disappointing sales
Nov 7, 2003, 18:12
Re: Disappointing sales Nov 7, 2003, 18:12
Nov 7, 2003, 18:12

jeez, just before christmas too
What is it with developers going bust at the moment, i think thats 3 in less than 4 weeks
-Arcon

Re: RIP Microprose
Nov 4, 2003, 23:36
Re: RIP Microprose Nov 4, 2003, 23:36
Nov 4, 2003, 23:36

Wha?.... Microprose?
God damnit, i loved those guys, some of the best under-apreciated games ever were made and shipped from those guys.
I will seriously miss them, RIP
-Arcon

Re: I have to say..
Nov 2, 2003, 09:02
Re: I have to say.. Nov 2, 2003, 09:02
Nov 2, 2003, 09:02

You folks that think just because you didn't like something that nobody else should like it either, need to grow up and realize that outside your window there is a whole world full of people who disagree on one thing or another

I'm getting a bit pissed off with all this now. I dont think ANYONE here wants to impose their opinion on people. Why are you making an issue of this? We dont like it, you do, like you said "Woopity-doo!" i cant care less about making you hate the game or anything like that. and who the hell are you telling us what we think now? I dont think ANYONE in this thread has said "i'm right, your wrong, listen to me, change your opinion". I think your making an issue out of something that doesnt exist.
-Arcon

Re: It wasn't that bad.
Nov 1, 2003, 20:17
Re: It wasn't that bad. Nov 1, 2003, 20:17
Nov 1, 2003, 20:17

Ok, two points:
1) Were alowed to be as negative as we like. Its our perogayive to get up and say "this game sucked" if we want. I'm not wanting to jump on any bandwaggon or try and be fasionable by slating a commercially successful game i just seriously didnt like it. And there arent that many games that i go out and buy that i dont like. but this was just shocking.

2) So really the only 'Groundbreaking' thing about this game then is that they had actors doing the best motion capture you could ask for, a script written by arguably the hottest cyberpunk scriptwriters around, voicework and cinematics from holywood actors on sets created to the highest quality and they still made it look, play and feel like ass. Hell even the HUD in the game looks lame and pre-alpha. Given 6 more months, this coulda been a real winner, i mean the groundwork is there for a propper good tie in, but unfortunately they 'had' to bring it out on reloaded release day and suffered because of it

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 20:18.
-Arcon

Re: No subject
Nov 1, 2003, 18:06
Re: No subject Nov 1, 2003, 18:06
Nov 1, 2003, 18:06

exactly...

-Arcon

Re: It wasn't that bad.
Nov 1, 2003, 18:01
Re: It wasn't that bad. Nov 1, 2003, 18:01
Nov 1, 2003, 18:01

The game was FAR from fun, it was a poor mans max payne with ugly graphics, a plot with gaping holes that requires seeing a movie to get (and in order to get THAT movie you need to see a second and possible third in places).
Absolutely NO replayablity to speak of after completing both storys, featuring possibly the most freaking annoying character in matrixland (Niobe) the worst gaming sequence ive ever had the misfortune of playing (The driving bits...all of them) and above all no solid conclusion.

Ok, so this game is a movie tie in, but when your repeatedly being told "see the movie to find out who they are, what the story is, how it ends etc." you kinda feel like youve been short changed. Add to the fact that Max Payne 2 came out just recently and looked FAR better, played FAR better and did FAR more (aside from kung fu...natch), If someone is going to have the balls to stick a "groundbreaking" tag on this game i think they need to be taken outside and shot.

Let me just make it clear. I beleive this is the WORST game ive played all year

-Arcon
7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older