Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 689 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
3. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 28, 2016, 18:38 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 18:05:
I'm in for $50 and will go from there...

Same here, looks like they actually listened to potential customers. My first time supporting one since all fail my smell test. Kickstarter people can we get a Mech game with server browser not matchmaking. Oh and a good competitive online fps with all the trimmings (call for details), not giving away ideas like dude who came up with EA game face and didn't even get a free game (allegedly, oh the things you hear at work lol).

Having one of those weeks, humor+gaming heals all work bs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
31. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 18:28 4D-Boxing

descender wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 17:08:
....TBH I'm not sure there is a real reason to get anything faster than 120hz with G-sync though, unless your eyesight is really good.

My theory is that it helps due to variations in G-Sync/FreeSync performance induced by the graphics engine or its implementation.

I've played non G-Sync games at 150+ fps that felt smoother than modern titles at 120 to 150 fps on a 144hz G-Sync monitor.

It's hard to explain or put in technical terms but, even turning some old quake 2 engine games to low or default quality can explain or recreate the crazy fluidity that throws off your aim etc till you adjust. Almost gives the illusion that the mouse also glides better (first time around). Anyways, all that to say brute force (higher frequencies) may still be needed.

News Comments > On DOOM Multiplayer
17. Re: On DOOM Multiplayer Jun 9, 2016, 12:59 4D-Boxing

"There's certainly no lack of commitment to Doom as a multiplayer game on our side,"

I know that I'm repeating myself etc.. No server browser and only match making is a sign of being committed?!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 18:53 4D-Boxing

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:14:
Blue wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 12:39:
Beamer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 11:28:
We don't have substitutes for smartphones.

We don't need any, we already all have smartphones, which is why their growth is falling off. For the smartphone industry to sustain the way it's operated in the past we'd need to find an undiscovered continent/planet of new potential customers.

Yup, still rocking a Samsung Galaxy S4. With a 1.5Ghz proc, and a 5" 1080P screen, I see no reason to get anything else until it dies. That could take years. Also my carrier is Ting, a reseller of Sprint and T-Mob. Costs me about $40 per month for 2 phones, since my devices are already paid for and with Ting you only pay for what you use, combined. I'm about to use my daughter's phone for another $6/month.

Rockin a Nokia 520 here lol. Actually upgrading to an unlocked Huawei P6 soon... i know..i know..but, its small and looks ok. My cell is for calls, texts, gps and the odd time i'll need to look up something while shopping or socializing. I use my HP 608 G1 8" tablet for mobile computing, surfing etc daily & at home on the couch, bed etc. No need for a laptop, only my overkill OC'd sli desktop for the good stuff...

Like someone said, the market has matured like on the PC side but, cells wear out faster due to mobility. The so called "killer app" type scenarios like on PC to encourage purchases or upgrades will happen etc.

Anyways, processing power is still far from having reached the level required for one device to completely phase out another.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement
28. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 18:23 4D-Boxing

Omni wrote on May 24, 2016, 18:04:
We think shooter veterans and anyone new to the genre will find that Overwatch is an absolute blast to play.

As a Quake veteran I find Overwatch boring as fuck.

I'm slowly starting to accept that quake/UT visceral action has become a niche within a niche within a niche.

I miss the UT rocket dance, me and my flack running directly into fire but, moving smartly to get to the guy and flack buh bye. CTF think & develop a strategy fast and implement it even faster ah the memories. On that note, time for some UT beta fun before supper.

27. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 18:09 4D-Boxing

nimski wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:00:
4D-Boxing wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:03:
Rhialto wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:35:
I'm not...

Me neither. Waiting to hear feedback from PC gamers about the maychmsking. Smooth or is it laggy like other games that forgo sever browsers for peer to peer lovin

Gameplay is smooth, no noticeable glitches or anything. Some people have claimed the tick rate from the server is low, but I personally have a hard time seeing that in the game. The engine is lightening fast. Matchmaking is client/server, no p2p.

The game is a breath of fresh air on the team shooter genre. TF2 has turned into a laggy mess of code, the only thing Valve supports in that game is the revenue stream from cosmetics, the recent match making was a joke. The Battlefield series has become biannual EA shovelware. Overwatch is under pretty tight control, no CTF, no modded servers, etc., but I think it helps focus the game at the moment. Time will tell if it ages well, at least Blizzard has committed to it.

It's a fast game to get into but difficult to dominate in due to it's Rock/Paper/Scissor setup. We had a match last night where our team was just getting decimated as we were trying to defend. Someone swapped to Bastion and completely cut off access to one side of the map. It allowed the rest of us to actually set up a defense. It completely shifted the game play of the other team. We went back and forth like that a couple times, it was a blast.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! My multiplayer fps hiatus my not come to fruition and that's a good thing

3. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 13:03 4D-Boxing

Rhialto wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:35:
I'm not...

Me neither. Waiting to hear feedback from PC gamers about the maychmsking. Smooth or is it laggy like other games that forgo sever browsers for peer to peer lovin

News Comments > TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps
2. Re: TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps May 16, 2016, 21:49 4D-Boxing

Slick wrote on May 16, 2016, 20:22:
Lol, still "upcoming"? Kinda late to the party, we have 3 good arena-style FPS games this month, and goddamn, I bought Toxikk like 2 years ago...

Bought it as well and never found a populated server with a decent ping. Doubt 2 years changed that. It had all the ingredients but, it was literally UT3 down to the engine and textures, the most hated iteration of UT! The answer is right in front of developers, tired of repeating it (not referring to sever browsers etc.) Over 40 now, so no more freebies lol.

News Comments > DOOM Released
37. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 13:13 4D-Boxing

Wallshadows wrote on May 13, 2016, 10:21:
For anyone who does get it, please let us know how the single player portion of the game is. I wouldn't buy this for the multi but I might for the campaign...

My thoughts exactly! Single player might be twitchy fun like the old UT99 hord style coop thing but way more intricate. That being said, I can go play the UT Alpha for some fast paced action. I'm going to wait and compare the Doom single player reviews/comments to the New Homefront. Neither has server browsers just waiting in lobbies and buttery lag.

War Hammer Death Wing might be the only chance at good multiplayer. Unless Blizzard's managed to leverage it's massive infrastructure to make match making comparable to the tried and true server browser approach.

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
11. Re: Battleborn Begins May 3, 2016, 12:38 4D-Boxing

OldDirtyEwok wrote on May 3, 2016, 12:14:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 3, 2016, 11:55:
Still trying to decide PC or PS4...

Would play both on keyboard/mouse with that XIM4 adapter..

PC is a beast.. PS4 is a PS4..

Its about player base...

Indeed, the player base is very important. I tried both and it felt a lot better on PC. The early reviews are very positive on Steam so player base might not be an issue.

Can't remember but, is this another no server browser / match making multiplayer titles?

last question, Would a Razor Orbweaver work with XIM4 or will that get someone banned etc?

PC fps seem dead Romero and UT seem to be the last of the dedicated server + browser titles

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
42. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 18:41 4D-Boxing

DangerDog wrote on May 2, 2016, 16:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on May 2, 2016, 13:54:
Bets on them nerfing the best stuff in Modern Warfare? (Dedicated servers, server browser, 32 people in a map)

It's infinity retards so of course they'll screw it all up, no FOV option on PC from them as well. Not to mention the unapologetic lack of cheat protection on the PC means that multiplayer is a aborted fetus at release.

More people are interested in the Modern Warfare remake than their Star Citizen Duty game.

Yeah, that's what I expect, something that feels as cr@ppy as 1996 peer to peer living in the sticks & lacking everything a modern PC fps should have by default. Imagine if they actually did it right and Doom sticks to matchmaking whatever.. I think that would be a sign of the apocalypse, aliens and zombies.

Anyways, designers have been eliminating key basic features for so long now that new gamers see the current state as the norm and won't vote with their wallets.. /end rant

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details
16. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 19, 2016, 12:39 4D-Boxing

How is the matchmaking or whatever they're using?

I've yet to have a positive experience with match making but, Blizzard has the infrastructure to pull it off in an FPS.

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
24. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 15, 2016, 15:35 4D-Boxing

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:56:
4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 07:15:
You seem to accuse commenters of making blanket assumptions but, you seem to be doing the same about the people on here?!

Can`t really recall such an instance, but if you say so...care to jog my memory?

And even if guilty, I`m just probably trying to fit in. Leran form the best, etc

I was referring to this "....Seriously though, I bet most of the complainees here will reel off how bad all the bad things about this DOOM are (and they might even be right) and then happily go back to playing The Division or any other modern shooter guilty of exactly the same."

Nothing major plus the last sentence of your reply clears things up. You just sounded like you were really offended by the complaints.

You're voicing your opinion like the rest of us, since English isn't my first language...i got the wrong impression.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
9. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 12:45 4D-Boxing

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:18:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 10:21:
I've played a quick round before work this morning. It's not terrible but nothing spectacular either.
Had my ass handed to me
I'll see how I feel about it after the weekend.

Tried a few rounds and gotta say I liked it. Only tried Deathmatch so far. The SSG feels pretty good, likewise the RL and some other weapons. The Railgun whatever rifle is kind of shit, its powerup timer is an atrocious choice in a game like this. Game looks and runs great. In fact the only problem I do have the game is the matchmaking/lobby bullshit. Without player run dedicated servers this game's multiplayer is going to tank in 3-6 months. Which is a shame, because it feels like a lot of fun.

See i was open to this despite the season's pass and the unlocking thing but, matchmaking/lobby approach lol. Thats a 20 year leap backwards and a straight up insult to PC gamers.

I'd should release a communique that says PC games don't sell and blame piracy to avoid saying that it sold poorly cause they didn't try to give clients what they wanted. That's what others do... in the mean time they can continue to slowly steer young PC gamers towards what they want us to play and how it should be played.

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
21. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 15, 2016, 07:15 4D-Boxing

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 05:47:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 23:18:
Feels more like Halo than Doom or Quake.

Really? It has sprawling open levels, groundbreaking AI, epic gfx/sfx and unmatched gameplay? Count me in then!

Seriously though, I bet most of the complainees here will reel off how bad all the bad things about this DOOM are (and they might even be right) and then happily go back to playing The Division or any other modern shooter guilty of exactly the same.

You seem to accuse commenters of making blanket assumptions but, you seem to be doing the same about the people on here?!

Same complaints about the game on my end and the last FPSvi bought was the base bf4 game and like i've posted before I do not see anything worth buying this spring. Anyways we'll see if it's another Evolved...

News Comments > GZ3Doom Oculus Rift Support
7. Re: GZ3Doom Oculus Rift Support Apr 11, 2016, 19:53 4D-Boxing

BobBob wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 19:43:
I'd be curious to see a Zork VR mod.

You made me think of having the System Shock 2 remake in VR. Talk about a "Killer app" literally!

disclaimer at the end of the commercial would take 15min.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
19. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 19:43 4D-Boxing

Razumen wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 12:53:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 12:29:
With 130 hours in Vanilla logged, I'm more then ready to take on some hopefully good modded content.

There's already a lot of good mods on the NexusMods website, I have about 30 or so already that really enhances and compliments the original game.

Any recommendations? Been holding out and playing W3 but, I'm craving something that's "what the Stalker series could've been..."

Harder and harder for me to get into the medieval-esq worlds. Devinity being the exception due to the awesome strategic options.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
19. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 7, 2016, 07:15 4D-Boxing

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 06:31:
Somebody explain to me why people in 2016 are surprised that there`s a season pass in a major release? Most likely the same people who validated this bullshit by happily buying other crap DLCs/passes?

Oh, wait, it`s Bethseda. Another gaming community`s whipping boy. And of course such thread wouldn`t be complete without somebody dropping the stupid bomb: how the evil Bethsoft laughs at fans while releasing broken games that said fans have to then fix themselves (nope, they don`t make one of the most complex video game series out there AND give you a complex modding toolset to play with it. That wouldn`t suit the narrative, right?)

You've just described what i call the human variable lol. You could re-write this and replace gaming references with hardware, software, politics etc. and it would apply. That being said, i understand the frustration expressed by PC gamers. Everyone wants cash in on micro/macro transactions a la candy crush instead of increasing sales by making something that will sell and stay on the sales lists for multiple years like CS etc.

Comments on this site linked to pretty much all similar titles have all the answers publishers need.

mod tools, dedicated servers, downloadable client to host you're own server without renting, LAN support, no season pass or dlc, new content patches, expansion packs (only if they have substantial updates and content ex: BF:Hardline and BF4 should've been in a 30$ bf3 expansion pack and dlc free to keep it attractive to new folks long term a la tf2/CS)

News Comments > HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches
15. Re: HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches Apr 6, 2016, 16:37 4D-Boxing

BTW not being lazy. I exercise as much as when I was 21. 21 years later I literately look the same (yeah i may be an alien)  

News Comments > HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches
14. Re: HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches Apr 6, 2016, 16:33 4D-Boxing

Wish Oculus Rift was Valve/HTC's baby. I tried the bad VR that was available in arcades during the 90s and I've seen kinect in action. Played a few Wii titles.

Bottom line, I'm not at all interested in moving anything other than my fingers and head (for now). I'm not looking for a holodeck yet, not until something like the MS solution becomes viable. I could handle a lawnmower man type of experience lay back and let the neural sensors do the magic.

Ex: I wouldn't play tennis since I'd prefer to go out and play for real, outdoors & untethered.

689 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo