Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 705 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG
15. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 20:05 4D-Boxing

HoSpanky wrote on May 16, 2017, 18:18:
Dr donkles wrote on May 16, 2017, 14:59:
Cool, might be an interesting project.

Though, not if they force players into groups. I've never liked the whole team up aspect of mmos to accomplish anything.

Soooo you like single player games, not MMOs. Got it.

Good one! I'm actually in the same boat ad Dr. I like the persistent and human AI side of MMOs, but I don't want to be forced to team up. If I run into people on the way yeah i may tag along just like in real life, but like in real life I like being self sufficient. I've always built or picked my characters accordingly. Even in games like BF,I go solo and join people along the way like I was a squad member and move on when the job is done. There is also the human variable, players are the people we work with, commute with and see on the streets...what % would be trust worthy if real life was like say Walking Dead (mmo like adventure)? Anyways to each his own, this i just my antisocial view

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 7, 2017, 12:45 4D-Boxing

NKD wrote on May 7, 2017, 10:33:
Slick wrote on May 7, 2017, 01:55:
why not 16 million DPI? no one uses more than 1600... 2400 max.

Eh plenty of people use higher than that. Here are the DPI levels I use on my mouse.

3200 is my desktop usage sensitivity, and typically what I use in games as well.

But yeah high DPI isn't really the thing to look for on a mouse. You want to find out if it has a good sensor. The sensor they cite in the article is a good one but they say it's a "custom" version so who knows.

I'd love to know if on the technical side there is a link between screen resolution and mouse dpi? My old mouse died after i moved from 1080p to 1440p. I was surprised at how different (smoother from my perspective (subjective)) it felt when i tried 3200 dpi on the new mouse.

News Comments > Prey System Specs
18. Re: Prey System Specs Apr 28, 2017, 14:18 4D-Boxing

Slick wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 23:49:
djrxmx wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 23:39:
@ Fishingtime

I see your point. And, I've been playing PC games for over twenty years now. In the midst of watching one of the game play pieces of footage (it was a capture of the first 35 minutes of the game), I must confess I was bored with what I saw. I wanna be wowed during an introduction. I want to be inspired during an introduction. Neither of these emotions struck me while watching the footage. Also, there wasn't one game play feature that sparked my interest---it was total "been there before, nothing new" content. 35 minutes into a game provides plenty of time to show something innovative and creative, neither of which took place during the play and scenery. Really sad there are some developers out their lacking in innovative vision.

hmm, I don't know about that. Not all good games need to start with a flashy intro, especially if the point is to create atmosphere...

Agreed, 43 and gaming since the vic20. In this day & age i can't see myself being wowed or inspired by a game and i don't need that to form an objective view/impression/opinion.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Spring Update
7. Re: etc. Apr 27, 2017, 17:16 4D-Boxing

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 16:36:
Removing control? You can still force respawn. It just gives an indicator now if a medic spots you and runs up to revive you.

I understand that not everyone wants to revive every time, but often it is the better play to get revived and save a ticket, and not have to run back for 20 seconds.

I remember getting angry in bf3 and using the force respawn because either it felt like the medic was reviving for xp points cause i was sure to immediately die or the medic didn't look at the battle field and was giving anyone with a scope a freebie. I quickly realized I had the option to force respawn when appropriate and wait if the revive won't me or the medic at risk.

BF4 gave me the impression that i got revived and killed by enemies but I didn't assume hack since the game had issues, bugs etc..

Anyways, I always keep in mind that my team is made up of people no different those we see everyday. Doesn't matter, of you work,got to school, chill all day everyday you know what i mean. It's like a team made up of coworkers or class mates... the human variable is in full effect lol

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 3, 2017, 23:23 4D-Boxing

Task wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 20:31:
Saboth wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:01:
Lock him up!

Republicans' hypocrisy knows no bounds. Half of Trump's administration is using personal email for government business and Trump's using an ancient unsecured phone for communication, while talking about top secret information in public restaurants. Meanwhile Republicans aren't concerned that it seems Trump's entire administration has been in talk with the Russians, while Russia was actively helping him win the election, then after the election, he promised to lift sanctions on them. Hell, that's treason!

I agree with your first part since I called Trump and Hillary both being hypocrites, but not buying the Russian part. I totally called it that Trump also would be a Militarist like Hillary, which is what are we seeing now for example, because both would not be able to resist the temptations of the most wasteful budget this country has, on "Defense." The whole narrative regarding Russia reeks of McCarthyism, they are not an enemy. If you don't know what that is, look it up. If you are so concerned about a country "helping him win" (which is vague) then perhaps you would like a list of far more malicious things America has done to "help" someone win an election in other countries? And regarding sanctions, I take it you are for sanctions, even though they mostly hurt regular people like you and I? It's nothing more than economic terrorism. For discussion of Hypocrisy, we must be Fair and Balanced™, since it goes both ways.

Very good points. There are lots of "isms" that would apply to what is going in the US (left & right). To say "..they are not an enemy.." is interesting to say the least. look up "Putin's rise to power" as an intro. It should give you an idea of why Russia's action are not perceived as benign. It also gives some context to what's been reported about Putin/Russia over the last decade and more. I understand your point about sanctions, but think of the alternatives. Even though the people can overthrow anyone, gone is the era of the common folk rising up & risking life and limb for justice/greater good etc. For now, sanctions seem to be the only non military deterrent that's proving to yield results. I say results because it reduces the flow of money to those in power and limits the "gifts" they can make locally to maintain their grip on absolute power. If necessity is the mother of invention, maybe just maybe the need for change after years of sanctions will lead to innovative ways for people to mobilize for something as important as change. Look at how the disappearance of the middle changed the political landscape in the US. $ has become the great motivator!

My 2 cents

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 13, 2017, 07:09 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:28:
Wow, another big fuck you from Obama as he leaves. Sending troops into Poland today too. Love the shock the hardcore lefties woke up today to find out that he's been the Deporter in Chief, deporting more people than any other prez. They're really been trying to fuck things up to cause as many problems as possible for the new administration.

I don't live in the US but, isn't the Deporter in Chief thing known since way before the election? Republican's accused him of being soft on immigration during the primaries and that story came out?! As for Poland, given Russia's actions in Crimea and the hacking would it be better to bend over and take it or show Russia that they're messing with the wrong Nation? Even Mattis the defense nominee is on the same page with regards to Russia. I'm in no position to comment on President Obama, I don't live in the US. From what I've seen on TV, he may have been to nice with regards to the hacking and Crimea. I don't get this sudden urge to submit to Russia. Oh and Marine Le Pen on Trump tower, she never met the President Elect or his people. She took over her dad's party, the guy who said Monseigneur Ebola would be a good way to take care of migrants. Anyways,the President Elect did finally agree that Russia is behind the hacking which at least helps eliminate the impression that Russia now calls the shots.

Democrats can only blame themselves for the result of the Election. All the info that's coming out about the hacking and Russia having dirt on the President Elect was on the news way before the election. The people spoke (voted) so no one can question the results of the election.

I just hope that all the crazies on this planet don't see the fear narrative from the primaries and election as a sign of weakness.

My two cents as an outsider, happy to see that you're still engaged and staying informed. Knowledge is power.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 13, 2017, 06:29 4D-Boxing

Fantaz wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 19:55:
4D-Boxing wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 19:11:
ForgedReality wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 16:07:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 13:13:
Rigs wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 12:02:
ASUS Demonstrates ROG Swift PG27UQ- 4K, 144 Hz, HDR, DCI-P3 and G-Sync.

Agreed! On a side note, though i'd like one of those monitors, am i wrong to think that we'll need some serious video-cards to really see the full benefits of this monitor. I know the low end limitations of gsync in terms of fps and that we can do 60 max details with high end cards. I max out the details on my xb270hu and usually play at 80 fps minimum. I want to do the same at 4k. HDR isn't widely supported so I'm strongly leaning towards enjoying 1440 for a couple more years.

fixed your quote... i also agree, 27" a bit too small for 4K. 34"+ is needed

Thanks!

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2017, 19:11 4D-Boxing

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 16:07:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 13:13:
Rigs wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 12:02:
ASUS Demonstrates ROG Swift PG27UQ- 4K, 144 Hz, HDR, DCI-P3 and G-Sync.

The fuck is 'DCI-P3'? Guess I should read the article but I just can't be arsed at the moment...yeah, something something lazy something something darkside something piss off, mate...

=-Rigs-=

They don't explain it in the article as far as I can tell, but it's essentially a standard for a color gamut (in this case one that allows for the display of a wider gamut).

Also I know when they're putting a $2k price tag on a monitor they feel it needs a unique design but... ew.

It's way the fuck too small, especially at that price. 40-50" is the absolute perfect size for a 4k desktop monitor. Monitor manufacturers need to wise up. Can't wait to see if the new line of Samsung TVs will come in a version of that size.

Agreed! On a side note, though i'd like one of those monitors, am i wrong to think that we'll need some serious video-cards to really see the full benefits of this monitor. I know the low end limitations of gsync in terms of fps and that we can do 60 max details with high end cards. I max out the details on my xb270hu and usually play at 80 fps minimum. I want to do the same at 4k. HDR isn't widely supported so I'm strongly leaning towards enjoying 1440 for a couple more years.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2017, 06:32.

8. Re: America’s Most Hated Companies. Jan 12, 2017, 18:58 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 18:20:
MajorD wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 15:14:
It's funny, because probably a lot of the people that bitch about Windows 10 privacy settings, are the same ones that post their life on FB. Put things into perspective here.

Apples and oranges, brah. You don't have to use FB but the vast majority of people have to use Windows...if they want to use a computer. And most of them don't know, and what's more, don't care. The people who do make the effort. I log into FB now and then to see what my peeps are up to. I have everything turned off, ublocked, and ghostery-ed. What info FB has on me is extremely limited at best. Hell, I don't even use my real name for the account. So, again, if you care you can take steps to mitigate that sort of invasivness and still use the service minimally.

Not trying to troll but, you most have to use Windows not Windows 10. I tried 10 with Spybot Anti-Beacon and O&O ShutUp 10 and went back to Windows 7 (mostly because of hardware issues). I'm of the inion that there are enough OSs out there for any home user to opt out of using Win10. With regards to FB, I had it for a month after being bugged by co-workers, I left it blank and they got the message lol. Yes, I'm anti-social but, I do have a solid group of friends and some i've known for 30 years now.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 27, 2016, 01:59 4D-Boxing

Thanks for the links. Tried everything that was posted between launch and the end of October. I'll check the links for new work arounds / solutions. Who knows, i may even be able to use sli in dx11 and max the eye candy.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2016, 08:55 4D-Boxing

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 01:19:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 13:23:
Well Deus Ex is back up, after a sluggish looking release. Still no Dishonored 2, which it seems conflicting. I've seen good reviews and complaints. Personally finding out there is no real story anymore (if what I've read is true) seems a huge disappointment. I still keep trying to avoid spoilers for both games but not sure how much longer that's possible. Also first choice would be to wait till they remove the new drm, but we'll see.

I'm not really sure why people keep complaining that there is no story any more, as it's basically exactly the same story from the first one.

That said, despite the fact that Dishonored 2 is as good as or better than Dishonored in every single area of the game, I'm not enjoying it as much. I've actually had to force myself to play it again over the past three days just so that I could finish it.

(I think for me the big issue is that the levels are just too big and you have no mini map. It took me like four hours to figure out the layout of the Dust level, and it just got really, really frustrating.)

And then, of course, the fact that six weeks after release, Harvey Smith & Co still can't be bothered to fix the retarded "the game takes three minutes to load to menu at random boot ups" and pretty terrible performance in open levels doesn't help it one bit. But hey, at least they had time to put in a New Game +, so now you can have ALL the powers to help with a game that is absolutely no challenge whatsoever...

Sigh

Deus Ex is a much better game than Dishonored 2. If you're on the fence about both, get Deus Ex.

Good to know but, Dishonored 2 actually works though. Deus crashes after the tutorial level. Made it to the door of the apartment once. The game seems awesome but, this is my first game in 20 plus years that simply never worked.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
21. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2016, 08:56 4D-Boxing

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 04:50:
Russia's motivation is clear here. They are doing what any other country with superpower ambitions would be doing. However I

don't get the CIA or FBI here. Why would you make this kind of information public? Ok so they don't like Trump, and want someone else for the job. Is this how you go about it? By publicly undermining your own elected officials and election process? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the CIA did after all provide the necessary "evidence" so Bush could go into Iraq, and now they wan't another cold war even if it makes their own "side" look like complete chumps.

First I'm not American, have never lived in the US and do not work for an entity with links to the USA. From an outsiders perspective, what the FBI/CIA are doing is a must. Russia is the second workd super power in term of nukes and they are in expansion mode. During the primaries and election there was a lot of talk of fear. Fear of migrants, fear of terror etc. After spending all that time talking about how afraid some are, the party that pushed that narrative won the election "fair and square". The people voted not Russia. The big problem is that Russia and all the brainwashed crazies who want to attack the west are licking their chops since like all criminals/predators they target the weak. America isn't weak but, the way fear won over gives that impression to those crazies. If the CIA/FBI don't do this, you're in for long term hardship.

I don't have any idea what the FBI/CIA know but, most outside of North America know how Russia works and what the FBI/CIA claims fits Putin's m.o. Don't underestimate US intelligence, it's not just these two orgs, it's a networks of orgs, people and COUNTRIES. Remember the big Sony hack after the movie depicting crazy guy in North Korea... UK,Germany and Israel... think they'll let the biggest danger to their sovereignty aka Putin win. This is only the beginning in my opinion. Once you start seeing leaks about the "apartment bombings" that happened in Russia years back you'll know that the cold war is back in full effect!

Anyways this is Russia, them and their few friends vs the world minus the US, the world wins easily. Focus on keeping your country the US stable-ish and you'll be fine in the long run. The world forgot about the Tiananmen square massacre once they smelled Chinese money, same will happen given enough time and world leaders smell US money. No matter what side you're on, all this infighting embolden those who want to do harm, always keep that in mind.(kids are smart enough to do it with parents, so the crazies sure do)

My take as an outsider.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2016, 09:06.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 9, 2016, 17:14 4D-Boxing

Kirk Johnson wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 15:13:
Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 11:10:
They considered whether they could legally force a suspect's finger or thumb on to the device's fingerprint reader to unlock it, but found they had no such power.

However, they concluded they could stage their own lawful "street robbery" - using a similar snatch technique to a thief - and in June a team set out to do precisely that.

How in the fucking fuck is that legal? Really so cops in Britain can just walk up to you and take anything they like whenever they feel like it? Britain, wtf?! Every day I see this insane news about Britian it just looks more and more Orwellian. Glad my ancestors left in that case.

And yet again another major corporation caught in commission of a crime and no one goes to jail, much less even get fired.

uh simple. assuming police have a search warrant to seize a phone, nothing is stopping them from taking it from you at any time during the period authorized by the search warrant, including while you're using it.

duh.

Keyword here is "assuming".

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 16:26:
Kirk has it on the nose. Grabbing phones while unlocked is the only way they can retrieve data. "The usual" techniques are useless, as paper trails don't exist. So either we say "well, let's just let illegal industries continue what they're doing because we can't get into their records anymore", or the police need to get more creative.

Also, police sometimes HAVE to operate in sketchy ways; they're chasing sketchy people...

If you can't beat then join them. Here we are today in 2016 lol. With the facts about Chicago, NY, New Orleans, L.A. and hundreds more Police Departments the lines got blurry over the years and it's hard to tell the crominals from the cops. Same in Canada and every other country. That's one thing first and third world states have in common. Like we learned with Snowden's leaks, who watches the watcher...no one lol. At least cell phone shaming (footage of corruption) got people thinking but, like with racism issues we'll need another 300+ years to get it right. In the mean time this old man sits back with his popcorn, seen it all during the late 70s, 80s and early 90s. Nothing new going on just a global affirmation that mankind is in it's infancy. Technological advances are not the same as evolution.

That's my freaky friday nonsense for this month lol. Don't worry I stopped caring, worrying, stressing once i hit the big 40...

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
28. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 9, 2016, 07:05 4D-Boxing

Theo wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 04:34:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 15:14:
Theo wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 12:18:
In this case its not microsofts fault the UWP platform supports playing with other PC's (and xbox's for that matter); activision chose not to include it. Microsoft also offered up the refunds with no stress straight up with no fuss and next to no internet prompting.

but its cooler to troll MS right? who needs the truth?
Microsoft should refuse to allow the game on the platform without PC support or at the very least warn people on the store page. Imagine buying a pair of scissors only to find out they don't cut 99% of paper. As it stands it's not acceptable to simply offer a refund after the fact.

I love how no-one in this topic is giving activation any grief. tools are available for free to make this work - they just couldn't be arsed.

Market place curation isn't what it used to be i grant you that, just look at all the broken games on steam and origin; hell look at all the stuff you can buy from amazon that isn't fit for purpose.

Activision simply didnt want to invest the time in making it work properly; but its cool, lets blame microsoft.

Well said!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
23. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 5, 2016, 09:03 4D-Boxing

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 07:53:
loomy wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 02:26:
if you've never played COD4, you'd be getting 2 great games for the price of 1.
More like you're getting 2 games for the price of 2. Modern Warfare is only included with the super duper editions of CoD.

Do they allow modding for Modern Warfare Remastered like there were mods for the original?

Thought it was free of you had the original? Does it use matchmaking like Infinite Warefare? If so no one on PC should touch this. Reviews talk about a fragmented player base (Steam vs Windows store) and insane wait times to find games.

Anyways, my views on matchmaking are well known lol

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
22. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 3, 2016, 13:15 4D-Boxing

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 13:47:
Betanews has about as much credibility on anything Microsoft as Kotaku or Polygon does on anything gaming.

But hey, one of the most popular things here is misinformed anti-Windows 10 circle jerks so have fun. Not that MS didn't do a lot of garbage things (the amount the upgrade was forced was ridiculous and anti-consumer) but Windows 10 is also an excellent OS and the claims about it spying on you are both hilarious in their level of tin-foil hattiness and also immensely hypocritical given that every smartphone and social network do far worse and get a pass from everyone.

So if I don't use social media and have a basic Nokia 520 for calls and the odd text message am I allowed to complain about win 10? Just playin, on a serious note, I have 2 980 ti and dx12 and multi gpu setups go hand in hand lol. Waiting for to see if dx12 will ever be good for my setup. In terms of privacy, there are tools that improve things greatly. Anyways, as a former privacy professional, i've read the hype, found the tools and fixed what i needed to fix.

Will probably stick to 10 on my main beast even if dx12 turns out to be a dud unless i get a cheap copy of 8.1 pro (like the fps gain 8.1 has over 7 which is the same as what 10 offers.)

If it's not the OS, its freeware applications or browser extensions that harvest info. Not much has changed, only the who is changing.

News Comments > Revive Battlefield 2142
4. Re: Revive Battlefield 2142 Sep 26, 2016, 13:00 4D-Boxing

Wash Washburne wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 11:27:
I bet it will come in the near future, too many ppl are asking for it. However they mentioned something today about resurrecting Bad Company, which I much rather see then BF:2142. Maybe they will set BC3 in the future to pave the road for BF:2142...maybe, maybe, maybe...lol

I pretty much agree but, i'd take 2143 over bc3. I wouldn't bet on demand affecting the decision making process. Server browsers, FOV Sliders, LAN support, downloadable sever client, mod tools are demands PC gamers have had since PC gaming started going backwards in terms of basic functionalists and its still hard to get most of them.

BFBC2 had interesting destruction that added to strategy but, BF4 had levolution!? I wouldn't even bet on bc3 paving the way but, you never know. Maybe its back to giving clients what they want instead of imposing a specific vision and claiming it's innovation and a shift in paradigm.

Again, just my opinion.

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
18. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 10, 2016, 09:19 4D-Boxing

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 05:23:
Very forgettable game.
Felt like a stereotypical console game with its crappy controls and mechanics. Even the singleplayer was not that great, because of the typical console stuff. Doing the same things over and over again, pinata-mobs, non-interactive surroundings, forced upgrades that shouldnt be there at all in that way, since it felt like you only got what other games give you from the start, and that god damn hand-holding to find your way through the levels, AKA green beacons that show you where you need to go. Oh yeah, and not being able to switch task... really... I know its a Bethesda game that always have issues with that, but seriously, this is 2016...

Yeah, they tried to say they where going old school remake to justify certain decisions but, like you're saying it's 2016. Didn't play on the lowest difficult level and I still finished the game easily despite forgetting that I had a BFG. Was using the chainsaw cause I kept running out of ammo close to the end. Remembered the BFG at the end of the last level when trying to eliminate the last two big green dudes with a pistol. Also realized that grenades regenerated and that one type even transferred health to you from the enemies. Anyways, my mistakes kept it interesting.

The speed and volume of enemies reminded me of real deathmatch so I really enjoyed it despite the obvious issues that you've pointed out.

Only bought the base game and don't plan on trying MP without a server browser. My patience for cr@ppy online experiences hit it limit. If the can't include basics that were in UT99 or Quake3 don't bother adding multiplayer. Must be a reason Overwatch is now talking high bandwidth etc. which confirms that I did right to skip it due to lack of basic modern features from the 90s.

Yeah, Im old and annoyed that I have to play the old modern warfare for Deathmatch and BF4 for a semi-decent team experience.

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
17. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 10, 2016, 08:50 4D-Boxing

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 03:52:
Dedicated Servers with Ping counters (for fucks sake) or GTFO!

Glad I'm not the only one!

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
14. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:24 4D-Boxing

Comet wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 12:13:
I don't get it. No SLI support yet?

I don't know if there are more users that will take advantage of DX 12 or not. I imagine so. But adding SLI support is not rocket science and there are even programs that allow you to add non official SLI support to a game.

Couldn't they waste a bit of dev time to add support for it?

Come on. Having SLI and not being able to take advantage of it sucks.

100% correct. If devs don't want to support SLI then why the level of detail that requires SLI to play @1440p max image quality. Got s second 980 ti to play The Witcher 3 maxed out and it was well worth it. If dx12 kills SLI then like the universal windows app whatever, it's a step towards ending PC gaming and forcing a switch to xbox. Even Vulkan (Doom 2016) didn't support multi gpu, I played @ 115 fps (average) highest settings. Imagine how good that game could've looked if they supported multi gpu setups. Oh well, end of an era for old guys and PC gamers. Matchmaking and sigle gpu for all.

705 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo