Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 689 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Revive Battlefield 2142
4. Re: Revive Battlefield 2142 Sep 26, 2016, 13:00 4D-Boxing

Wash Washburne wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 11:27:
I bet it will come in the near future, too many ppl are asking for it. However they mentioned something today about resurrecting Bad Company, which I much rather see then BF:2142. Maybe they will set BC3 in the future to pave the road for BF:2142...maybe, maybe, maybe...lol

I pretty much agree but, i'd take 2143 over bc3. I wouldn't bet on demand affecting the decision making process. Server browsers, FOV Sliders, LAN support, downloadable sever client, mod tools are demands PC gamers have had since PC gaming started going backwards in terms of basic functionalists and its still hard to get most of them.

BFBC2 had interesting destruction that added to strategy but, BF4 had levolution!? I wouldn't even bet on bc3 paving the way but, you never know. Maybe its back to giving clients what they want instead of imposing a specific vision and claiming it's innovation and a shift in paradigm.

Again, just my opinion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
18. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 10, 2016, 09:19 4D-Boxing

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 05:23:
Very forgettable game.
Felt like a stereotypical console game with its crappy controls and mechanics. Even the singleplayer was not that great, because of the typical console stuff. Doing the same things over and over again, pinata-mobs, non-interactive surroundings, forced upgrades that shouldnt be there at all in that way, since it felt like you only got what other games give you from the start, and that god damn hand-holding to find your way through the levels, AKA green beacons that show you where you need to go. Oh yeah, and not being able to switch task... really... I know its a Bethesda game that always have issues with that, but seriously, this is 2016...

Yeah, they tried to say they where going old school remake to justify certain decisions but, like you're saying it's 2016. Didn't play on the lowest difficult level and I still finished the game easily despite forgetting that I had a BFG. Was using the chainsaw cause I kept running out of ammo close to the end. Remembered the BFG at the end of the last level when trying to eliminate the last two big green dudes with a pistol. Also realized that grenades regenerated and that one type even transferred health to you from the enemies. Anyways, my mistakes kept it interesting.

The speed and volume of enemies reminded me of real deathmatch so I really enjoyed it despite the obvious issues that you've pointed out.

Only bought the base game and don't plan on trying MP without a server browser. My patience for cr@ppy online experiences hit it limit. If the can't include basics that were in UT99 or Quake3 don't bother adding multiplayer. Must be a reason Overwatch is now talking high bandwidth etc. which confirms that I did right to skip it due to lack of basic modern features from the 90s.

Yeah, Im old and annoyed that I have to play the old modern warfare for Deathmatch and BF4 for a semi-decent team experience.

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
17. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 10, 2016, 08:50 4D-Boxing

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 03:52:
Dedicated Servers with Ping counters (for fucks sake) or GTFO!

Glad I'm not the only one!

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
14. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:24 4D-Boxing

Comet wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 12:13:
I don't get it. No SLI support yet?

I don't know if there are more users that will take advantage of DX 12 or not. I imagine so. But adding SLI support is not rocket science and there are even programs that allow you to add non official SLI support to a game.

Couldn't they waste a bit of dev time to add support for it?

Come on. Having SLI and not being able to take advantage of it sucks.

100% correct. If devs don't want to support SLI then why the level of detail that requires SLI to play @1440p max image quality. Got s second 980 ti to play The Witcher 3 maxed out and it was well worth it. If dx12 kills SLI then like the universal windows app whatever, it's a step towards ending PC gaming and forcing a switch to xbox. Even Vulkan (Doom 2016) didn't support multi gpu, I played @ 115 fps (average) highest settings. Imagine how good that game could've looked if they supported multi gpu setups. Oh well, end of an era for old guys and PC gamers. Matchmaking and sigle gpu for all.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
20. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 18:17 4D-Boxing

Gib007 wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 15:30:
I haven't pre-ordered Battlefield 1 yet, which for me is very, very odd. I think it's a combination of not being excited for it (as I was for Battlefield 3 and 4) and an over-appreciation for modern-day/futuristic hardware that is missing. Mind you, age might play a role in my level of excitation. I turned 30 last month!

I might still buy it and if I do, I will suck it up and buy Premium as well. I just need some motivation to push me.

I hear ya! Feel the same way and why I brought up Quake, Space Hulk and UT. Not much coming down the pipe in terms of online competitive FPS so BF1 might be the only online fps with a server browser worth buying this year on my end.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 12:59 4D-Boxing

TangledThorns wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:35:
Bah, I have had no time to play this

Played a few BF4 games last night and realized that I have access to the beta. Didn't experience the weird laggy gameplay that i've seen in every version since BF2. Game didn't freeze when running into an enemy (face to face) etc.

Final version may be a diff story. Quake, Space Hulk: DW and maybe UT but keeping an eye on this since it may actually play well online.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
13. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 22:27 4D-Boxing

Sepharo wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 22:07:
4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 21:50:
Yes, i keep ranting about this but, matchmaking is not better than old school approach server browser, downloadable client etc. Admins took care of cheaters and griefers as we used to call them.

We really need both. Community servers that are managed as the community and their owner sees fit and developer run servers that fit their paradigm. But that being said, matchmaking and community servers are not really opposites of each other. I don't think Overwatch would benefit from a server browser or community servers. It's not a drop-in drop-out kind of game. You need 6 players on each team from start to end and ideally they should be around the same skill level... matchmaking is absolutely required for that. If you want to be in charge of getting the scrim going through outside sites and chat programs, that's available through custom game... but that custom game is still hosted on Blizzard infrastructure afaik.

Valve still supports community owned and operated private servers found via a server browser for CS:GO, TF2, Garry's Mod, CS:S, CS, DoD:S, and basically any other valve engine multiplayer game or mod. With CS:GO (and I think TF2 now) they do this while still offering matchmaking and Valve owned servers.

Well said man!

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
9. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 21:50 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 20:24:
NetHead wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 20:01:
Typical, inevitable, sarcastic comment about how piracy kills the industry, particularly in regard to PC, and how a high profile game let alone distributor without DRM will fail miserably etc..

Compared to Skyrim it did in fact "fail" pretty miserably. Who knows how many more copies it would have sold with just a little copy protection? Why did the arguably better game not sell more copies than the worse game in the same genre from five years ago?

Just because they made fucktons of money does not necessarily mean by default that it is a smart move to serve the game to the filthy thieves on a golden platter.

I don't have tangible facts or figures to challenge your point of view so I wont. My only issue is single player titles that require an internet connection to play. Like you said, they made "fucktons of money" and despite giving PC gaming the "love" it deserves. Lets hope that will lead to more devs actually making solid PC versions of games and not poorly optimized ports with less multiplayer support than games from 1999! For example, I never had frustrating laggy online experiences with old school so called hacker friendly user operated servers. Well except if someone had a ping over say 150.

Yes, i keep ranting about this but, matchmaking is not better than old school approach server browser, downloadable client etc. Admins took care of cheaters and griefers as we used to call them.

Anyways, Good job CD Projekt! Didn't the President of Poland give a copy of W2 to the US president? Not important but, that type of support reminds of the Iceland soccer team or better yet the support Quebec gave to the gaming industry in Montreal.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 28, 2016, 09:25 4D-Boxing

wtf_man wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 19:42:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 17:25:
Yeah, had to understand. Benefits of cord cutting:
- Cheaper
- No commercials
- On-demand
- Binge watching

I cut the cord more than a decade ago, never looked back. Never happier.

Ditto.

Unfortunately the content libraries are slowly getting worse, as the streaming services rely more on their own content, and less on keeping their libraries full.

I'm on the edge of dropping Netflix because of this.
I'll keep Amazon Prime though... mainly because the streaming is a bonus to all the shit I get shipped for free, even though their "prime" library ain't all that great either.

I understand that the content providers are jacking the prices in favor of Cable / Satellite TV, but eventually I will just go full circle and put up an HD antenna and say "fuck all of the services". At least with an antenna, there is an actual reason to have commercials.

Well said. Imagine those outside the US! No Hulu and shrinking Netflix libraries which where already way smaller than the American version. Basic cable plus Netflix for a month now, already thinking of getting rid of Netflix.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
41. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 15:59 4D-Boxing

Jerykk wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:25:
I love how people are saying this game is unoptimized because they can't run it at max settings at 60 FPS. Max settings are not standardized between games. Just because you can run one game at max settings doesn't mean you can run another game at max settings. Also, just because you have a high-end GPU doesn't mean you will always be able to run games at max settings (see aforementioned lack of standardized max settings).

Honestly, reactions like this are likely to cause developers to simply remove their highest settings and rename their lower settings. If "High" was the highest setting available in DX:MD, nobody would be complaining.

You're right but, I thought people had questions because of the odd sli benchmark results and maybe the lack of a huge perceivable difference between high ans ultra. 1080s sli won't average 60fps @1440p Ultra.

My understanding is that ultra textures aren't much superior to high and, shadows, reflections, volumetric lighting are the source of the huge performance drop. If so, that explains the freakouts... since it may be shadows, reflections and lighting on objects we don't see.. box behind the box and the little bush behind it...

Not an expert just a benchmark addict trying to make sense of benchmark results.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
26. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 07:56 4D-Boxing

I'll get the base game and move on to something else. Will move on to something else when thats done.

Finished Doom (base game) last night. Didn't realize I was at the last level before the final boss and remembered the BFG lol. Hurt me plenty difficulty was fun without the BFG and used the Pistol to finish of a few boards when out of ammo (yeah also forgot that nades regenerate lol)

Bottom line, to much competition for my hard earned $. They need to sweeten the deal big time for me to consider seasons packs or whatever else. Smart financial move on their end but, gamers young and old are smarter than they realize. They'll pay but, will go elsewhere when they see convenient $ grabs.

News Comments > TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month
6. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 11:04 4D-Boxing

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 11:36:
bout time. I've been in early access for 2.5 out of the last 2.5 years ^_^

Same here.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 13:58 4D-Boxing

This is what I'm waiting for!!!

Server Browser and not matchmaking, sli/cf support and adjustable FOV and I'll be beyond happy.

Pretty much finished Doom and I need some real online multiplayer!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
24. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 16:14 4D-Boxing

Isn't this the game where devs dropped the ball or went bankrupt so indies were making patches etc?

Was either playing UT or MW4 like a madman and never got to play Vampire. Remember reading tons about the game and itching to play it..then things get blurry

News Comments > PC DOOM Sells 1M
14. Re: PC DOOM Sells 1M Aug 10, 2016, 12:52 4D-Boxing

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 11:57:
Very well written Suppa, I agree 100%. Unfortunately the DRM lobby has gotten too powerful, everything is being pushed in that direction to thwart piracy, even in the face of cold hard facts which are: Good games sell, average or shitty games do not.
Just to name one obvious example, The Witcher 3. Absolutely no DRM. 10 Million copies sold as of March 2016.
Now imagine if iD went the extra mile and included user run dedicated servers, and a proper editor for the latest Doom. I played through it once and will probably never touch it again. Im not pissed, it was a decent single player game but that's all it was.

Well said! This is why i only got this title 3 weeks ago. Not being able to rapidly play without internet is a pain and especially annoying since multiplayer is such a joke (personal opinion) that I haven't been tempted to try their match making whatever..

News Comments > DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans
13. Re: DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans Jul 29, 2016, 15:17 4D-Boxing

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 22:47:
I was pleasantly surprised at how fun DOOM's campaign was. I have no interest in the multiplayer, so any DLC they intend to sell me needs to have single player content. To be vague, the story clearly implies there's more coming, so I think there'll likely be one expensive SP DLC down the road.

Same here. Seeing CTF peeked my interest for a sec but, I remembered that there is no server browser and just a hub (yeah repeating myself, its Doom not Quake so there is still hope).

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
10. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 10:20 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 09:40:
I'm going to throw the popcorn on, should be ready shortly...

You read my mind, I want a good seat for this one!

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
16. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 13:57 4D-Boxing

MDB wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:41:
I can't believe they had to make an announcement that they had working vsync. Good, I guess...?

The tearing in UT4 was pretty painful when I tried it a few months back -- I don't fully understand how Epic can allow this to even happen at all.

PCs were not the main focus of the engine. People high up set priorities and objectives without allowing for shifts in markets and technology. (bet on specific platforms and their tech wasn't designed to adapt to change).

They also failed to capitalize on the UT Alpha launch. Had the game engine really been PC ready and textured Alpha remakes of a few popular UT maps for all pre-existing game modes been available (vehicles and all) UT could've become something great. We could've seen modders take things to new levels which could've inspired new titles, genres etc. Tried it again last night and it was very disappointing. People start games on their PCs and it skips and lags randomly when you run into foes. (Doom made me crave some DM)

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 24, 2016, 11:49 4D-Boxing

Got the it a week ago and as good as it is, I'm a bit disappointed. Their goal was to have the best looking title @1080p, 60fp.s but, surely not on PC. If the title is well optimized and intended to run @60 fps, why not crank up the detail on the PC? Like UT it started without sli support which gives the impression that it's more of a mobile game engine. Just my half asleep impression.

Vulkan makes Nightmare (graphics)run smoothly even with sli enabled (drivers) and uses the vram from both cards but, not both GPUs.

Fun game but, should've started at the highest unlocked difficulty, not the middle one (not 1 life ultra nightmare). Love the speed, reminds me of my UT99 days.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2016, 11:55.

News Comments > Overwatch Support Sniper Tease?
3. Re: Overwatch Support Sniper Tease? Jul 7, 2016, 07:13 4D-Boxing

Shok wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 22:55:
It clearly says "SECURITY CLASSIFICATION: CONFIDENTIAL"

Blizzard has nothing to worry about though as this was not intentional so they won't be prosecuted Wiseguy

I see by your extensive analysis that you're a scholar from Cloud Imperium University. Best University and the Chairman vetted the professors himself. That Kilrathi judge has it out for the chairman

689 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo