Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 740 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
23. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 00:22 4D-Boxing

necrosis wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 15:55:
Rilcon wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 13:44:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 13:34:
So to fix Borderlands 3 you need to get rid of Epic Game Store?
Does EGS actually let you kill it while playing? Wish I could do that with every launcher; Ubi's I think lets you close it but keeps some process running, Origin and Blizzard I remember would kill the game, and Steam might be game dependent based on using Steamworks DRM, but since most do I haven't bothered testing, and nor have I tried for Bethesda's.

GoG's the only (other?) one that just lets me play my damned game...
Battlenet can close after the game launches. Has been able to for years. In fact there is a option for bnet to close when the game launches in the options.

Something I wish more clients had.

Also what issues with BL3? Been watching tons on streamers and none of them have had issues.

Most of the performance issues seem linked to Volumetric fog, killing EGS didn't help that much on my end. Only killing EGS made things smoother, but still 50 to 65 fps @ 4k...most scenes below 60. Turning off volumetric fog bumps the fps up to a low of 70.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
12. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 24, 2019, 13:01 4D-Boxing

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 24, 2019, 12:28:
chickenboo wrote on Jun 24, 2019, 11:49:
On my Andriod phone, I use Firefox for the majority of browsing, and launch Firefox Focus for web searches. I've been thinking about switching away from gmail though.
Where would you go, protonmail?

That's exactly what i did. I use my phone like chickenboo and don't have a gmail account on it. Firefox with uMatrix, disconnect, ublock, cookie auto delete, vpn extensions etc.

I only use an old gmail account to run updates once a week and remove it when done. I don't use any app that requires a google account. That being said, wear os doesn't allow me to remove the account anymore, but I use a 3rd party app to access all my email accounts on the smartwatch. No google assistant or whatever it's called, no google fit, location is always disabled.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 10, 2019, 14:33 4D-Boxing

Pepe wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:18:
I just finished this game and it was pretty lackluster, not sure I want or need new content. The story is even shorter then the one in the first game, granted you can spend several hours doing pointless side missions but those are even duller then the story missions.

I did not even get all the different weapons b4 the game ended, not that it would matter much, the AR and shotgun are all you need.

Well said! Played it on hard, because I read somewhere that was the only way to make it worth the money. Only realized we had perks for overdrive and all that after i finished it. Same with the whatever upgrades that increase damage and health from the freaky shop cyborg guy... The hardest part of the game was the that revive training ark training that was so buggy I was stuck there for an hour. Didn't used any of the abilities, just overdrive since it gave me some health the rare times i really needed it.

They were lucky I was craving a shooter and dropped the Division 2 once i got close to 500 and finished the single player. Sadly, I'm back to BFV. Sad gaming year for me.. I want to frag, but Battle Royal annoys me for some reason. Just give me load-out and let the best man win...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 2, 2019, 10:44 4D-Boxing

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 2, 2019, 10:28:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 2, 2019, 10:09:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 2, 2019, 08:50:
El Pit wrote on Jun 2, 2019, 02:58:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 2, 2019, 00:18:
Cheater should've been instantly kicked from the game the moment they knew he was cheating... Why let him play after that?

Put his face and real name out on the internet, hardware ban this guy, take away his game account and put out a statement that this is going to happen to every single cheater they find. Some hardware bans cannot even be fooled by spoofed hardware ids, so right now it can be done.
Tell all his friends, Tattoo cheater on his forehead, cut off his gaming fingers, take away his right to vote, medically sterilize him and send him to a reeducation camp.

You guys are way too magnanimous... /s
Nuke him from high orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

That last one actually made laugh out loud!!!

News Comments > Battlefield V Getting Free Map This Week
4. Re: Battlefield V Getting Free Map This Week May 28, 2019, 11:44 4D-Boxing

Verno wrote on May 28, 2019, 10:09:
One new map. 20 new modes. GET READY FOR BATTLEFIELD!

So boring. This game needs regular injections of new content, not this drip drab nonsense with mode overload. Most appalling is the total lack of vehicles in this game. Gone are the days of multiple transports and mini theaters of combat within a map. Instead its boring chokepoint conflict over and over.

Yes, the lack of content is unacceptable. Finally a version that runs well with minor rubber banding issues and looks looks as good most AAA single player FPS when online and they are killing the game with the lack of new maps/content. They could even grab the BF1 maps and dump them in BFV. Ideally they would make what I call call battlefield complete, all the maps and weapons etc. form all the previous titles, not single player and and just let us run what ever maps we want with gear from the appropriate era...this idea is copy written as of this moment

News Comments > WHO Recognizes "Gaming Disorder"
26. Re: WHO Recognizes May 27, 2019, 11:36 4D-Boxing

At work and admit to not having read anything but the headline. Anayways, it's nota new anything it's basically addiction and sokeone recognizing the obvious meaning people can get addictied to varity of things including gaming.

Love how we humans are so good at identifying the problem, but not so much at fixing especially if there is money to be made. We punt the problem to the next whatever/whoomever.

Anyways, I'll go back to my pizza, burger, steak, anything tasty addiction. My blood is only 15% butter so I may be good for another 10 years. (the worst part, i look like some healthy jogger dude cause of my crazy metabolism)

News Comments > Battlefield V Gets Battlefield Currency
8. Re: Battlefield V Gets Battlefield Currency Apr 4, 2019, 11:56 4D-Boxing

LOL!!! I have close to 60k in company coin that will never get used since I've unlocked my weapon of choice. Never used it to unlock cosmetic stuff for the character or the weapons since it has no impact on game play at least not on my end.

They need to release lots of maps and fast!! I understand them wanting to try the battle royale stuff to boost sales, but I think there may be a significant # of people like me who only play this because its one of the few non battle royale multiplayer FPS that doesn't fall in the Destiny/Anthem mold.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 1, 2019, 13:02 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Apr 1, 2019, 11:55:
Not to mention the effects on animals and insects. Without independent academic studies the corps will gladly kill us all off for a quick buck.

You got that right!! The logic seems to be...but with more $$ we can fix all those future problems.

Anyways, that's why I've been telling people document which politicians support this stuff or say climate change is a lie. Publish the list online and when the disasters start, you know exactly who to sue. Just like the courts said that people can sue the Saudis for 9/11.

The idea of a financial consequences to them could force people to change their tune and not just punt to the next generation knowing they wont be around to feel the full impact of their choices on humanity.

Anyways, my 2 cents and I doubt anything will change cause $$$ is the cure for everything except the lack of common sens.

News Comments > System Shock Video
3. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 12:38 4D-Boxing

wtf_man wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 10:53:
Now if they only did this from the beginning... it might be close to release now.

I want!

Well said!!!

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
13. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 13:03 4D-Boxing

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 12:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 10:02:
Sweeny is obviously mentally sick greedy AF if he considers exclusives pro-competition, or good for the consumer
Standard Euclidean Trigonometry https://www.britannica.com/topic/transitive-law
Corporations are People C=p
People are consumers p=c
Therefore C=c
Ipso Facto - If it is good for the Corporation it is good for the consumer. Wink

Thanks for posting that!!! I always laugh when i read it, but then i remember that this is truly how it works. I think they use the word investor now to explain the same thing you did, but from a more stock market centric point of view.

Yeah, he forgot that he's talking to the PC market and what his company was saying when the XBox and GoW where the hot new thing on the block.. LOL!!!

Anyways, this bla bla and the resulting flame war should be more interesting/entertaining than what they did to UT!!!

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
14. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 14:12 4D-Boxing

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 13:43:
50 million? That's crazy. I wonder how many of those actually bought any cosmetics or whatever they are selling in game though.

This still looks like yet another BR game that I'm going to skip though, I don't find that gameplay style appealing at all.

I tried a few ties, but same here. First game I kept wondering what the heck my guys were doing and didnt realize I had to look for gear lol. Then the round started and not much happened other than people motivating me to unplug my mic and mute everybody. I'd rather go onto a BF:V server and create my own experience on whatever map is being played. No depending on anyone unless I choose to do so and I support the entire team based on how the game/map evolves.

News Comments > Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists
5. Re: Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists Dec 17, 2018, 12:53 4D-Boxing

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 17, 2018, 11:33:
I'm not sure what they increased TTK to, doesn't feel like it was changed all that much, although I have survived a few sprints across broad open plains, despite getting shot a few times.

Face to face encounters don't seem as though they've changed, maybe 1 additional shot for some of the automatics? Whatever that 1 shotgun is for Support still seems to be instakill.

I still really haven't had a chance to put a lot of hours into the game though, so perhaps chalk it up to BFV inexperience overall.

For all the great things about any BF game, and the cool new stuff, BFV is still let down by shitty teammates who only want to camp on the fucking hills and snipe instead of capping flags, or playing any sort of flag defense.

I've logged 22 hours and didn't really notice until I figured the right kit for my play style. I assumed the minor change was due to better net code and hit detection. Not a social know what others think outside of this forum. All i can say is that I welcome whatever the change was. Played most BF games and this is the first time that I don't feel like I have to empty a clip or half a clip to take someone. and no more getting the jump on a group and get 0 frags cause the absorbed or deflected the first clip and had time to turn around and frag me.

The movement is greatly improved, less dying during animations and you can actually move out of the way of a slow crawling vehicle.

Still some rubber banding, but way less than in bf1 which was already a major improvement over previous versions.

TTK for anyone using recon kits is as fast as it always was, the support class is where things get a bit nasty... Tripod laser beam shredders so expect to get fragged by KE7 often until youget a feel of the maps/routes cover options.

News Comments > Quake Champions Adds Battle Pass
6. Re: Quake Champions Adds Battle Pass Dec 6, 2018, 13:21 4D-Boxing

Flo wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 02:55:
Cosmetic stuff aside, I still love the game. I play a lot of Blackops 4 Blackout and whenever I want some god old fashioned fun I play a match of QC

Did they implement the server browser?

I know that match making is the "in" thing, but I'm one of those who saw the transition form that approach to server browser back in the days and do not want to go backwards.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 1, 2018, 23:44 4D-Boxing

El Pit wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 14:08:
...Best bought wearing a leather jacket.

Priceless!!!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 9, 2018, 12:41 4D-Boxing

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 11:35:
El Pit wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 11:15:
For about 70% more money I expect 70% better performance! As I did with nvidia's RTX, by the way.

Why? There's always diminishing returns at the top. Always. In every single category of every single product.

If you want something bleedingly new and cutting edge, you're paying a premium for it. The performance per dollar is never in favor of the highest end products. Anywhere. Ever.

I feel like people on this site have kind of lost that. Like we used to know it - we used to look at the top end products and think about how cool the performance was but realize it wasn't made for us and it wasn't going to be something we'd buy - instead we'd buy something half the price and 75% the performance. But lately it seems like everyone here is demanding value from the highest tier products. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

You're correct! That being said, I think people are reacting to the premium for top end going spiraling out of control. 700, 800 even 900 i can accept without complaining to much, but 1200 usd some serious coin.

Been buying top end or close since 2006, butI also hold on to the gear for many years (3770k about to be replaced). Will get the 2080ti, but doubt i'll get and one down the road like i've done for over a decade.

P.S. top end is an interesting concept whenwe know company x is holding something back cause company Z hasn't released anything for a while.

News Comments > Battlefield V Open Beta Next Month
16. Re: Battlefield V Open Beta Next Month Aug 21, 2018, 10:42 4D-Boxing

Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 10:07:
Have BF fans gone to PUBG/Fortnite? I'd expect PUBG got a huge chunk, right? Less to Fortnite and Overwatch.

But those games are what's taking players these days, not realistic or semirealistic deathmatch games.

I think there are enough players to keep the games mentioned and BF going strong. It's up to developers to listen to customers & make sure they have a product that appeals to the target audiece. Between bf4 and bf1 there enough active players today to make bf2143 or bc3 sell extremely well. My opinion..

News Comments > Battlefield V Open Beta Next Month
15. Re: Battlefield V Open Beta Next Month Aug 21, 2018, 10:32 4D-Boxing

aka_STEVE wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 09:20:
listen to your fanbase - we wanted Battlefield 2143 or Bad Company 3

Yes!!!! Oh and undo whatever they did to the server browser in BF1. EA mentioned low preorder numbers, well read and memorize aka STEVE's post!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2018, 12:51 4D-Boxing

ldonyo wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 12:37:
Oh, look, ZDNet has another Windows/PCs are dying opinion piece with very few facts and even less intelligence or insight.

First time i read something like that was in 1998 when the Dreamcast came out. This was said when the Imac, Ipad, android tablets, android cell phones sold like hot cakes. We will read this same nonsense many times in the next 10 years.

These people are measuring/gauging an industry by looking at stock speculation (guessing). For some reason they never seem to think that sales drop because there is no need to buy a new computer and most households have at least one. PCs are not a status symbol like cell phones so most won't upgrade after 2 years just to fit in...

I guess i'm just showing my age with that last sentence..

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
11. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 10:34 4D-Boxing

heroin wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 08:53:
It's almost painful watching them maneuver this unfortunate pile of manure. They failed, instead of focusing on making the game another competitive mechanics game I think it would have been better to create a multiplayer experience more influenced by Quake 1 & 2 than 3.

Well said! Got it last year even paid cause i wanted to support the effort. Let's just say i got a full refund. With regards to the multiplayer experience, CS GO has a server browser and it's still one of the major players on the competitive e-sport scene.

..."if you build it, they will come.." Well they're waiting for someone else to build it make $ so they can scramble and copy something they pioneered lol.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jul 6, 2018, 13:01 4D-Boxing

So we should give up on getting a sever browser in Quake? I understand that for some matchmaking is better for ranked games, but I prefer the ut99 stats that took into consideration rank. I know it wasn't feasible for them to maintain that, but its 2018 and that exact system could be implemented now at a fraction of the cost.

Match making just isn't for me, i'd rather go on a clan server and smoke them all in FFA/deathmatch. If not, there are always more harcore servers that can easily be spotted.

Anyways, i'm old and kids say browser are old school even though matchmaking tech is even older

740 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo