Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 680 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
41. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 15:59 4D-Boxing

Jerykk wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:25:
I love how people are saying this game is unoptimized because they can't run it at max settings at 60 FPS. Max settings are not standardized between games. Just because you can run one game at max settings doesn't mean you can run another game at max settings. Also, just because you have a high-end GPU doesn't mean you will always be able to run games at max settings (see aforementioned lack of standardized max settings).

Honestly, reactions like this are likely to cause developers to simply remove their highest settings and rename their lower settings. If "High" was the highest setting available in DX:MD, nobody would be complaining.

You're right but, I thought people had questions because of the odd sli benchmark results and maybe the lack of a huge perceivable difference between high ans ultra. 1080s sli won't average 60fps @1440p Ultra.

My understanding is that ultra textures aren't much superior to high and, shadows, reflections, volumetric lighting are the source of the huge performance drop. If so, that explains the freakouts... since it may be shadows, reflections and lighting on objects we don't see.. box behind the box and the little bush behind it...

Not an expert just a benchmark addict trying to make sense of benchmark results.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
26. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 07:56 4D-Boxing

I'll get the base game and move on to something else. Will move on to something else when thats done.

Finished Doom (base game) last night. Didn't realize I was at the last level before the final boss and remembered the BFG lol. Hurt me plenty difficulty was fun without the BFG and used the Pistol to finish of a few boards when out of ammo (yeah also forgot that nades regenerate lol)

Bottom line, to much competition for my hard earned $. They need to sweeten the deal big time for me to consider seasons packs or whatever else. Smart financial move on their end but, gamers young and old are smarter than they realize. They'll pay but, will go elsewhere when they see convenient $ grabs.

News Comments > TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month
6. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 11:04 4D-Boxing

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 11:36:
bout time. I've been in early access for 2.5 out of the last 2.5 years ^_^

Same here.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 13:58 4D-Boxing

This is what I'm waiting for!!!

Server Browser and not matchmaking, sli/cf support and adjustable FOV and I'll be beyond happy.

Pretty much finished Doom and I need some real online multiplayer!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
24. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 16:14 4D-Boxing

Isn't this the game where devs dropped the ball or went bankrupt so indies were making patches etc?

Was either playing UT or MW4 like a madman and never got to play Vampire. Remember reading tons about the game and itching to play it..then things get blurry

News Comments > PC DOOM Sells 1M
14. Re: PC DOOM Sells 1M Aug 10, 2016, 12:52 4D-Boxing

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 11:57:
Very well written Suppa, I agree 100%. Unfortunately the DRM lobby has gotten too powerful, everything is being pushed in that direction to thwart piracy, even in the face of cold hard facts which are: Good games sell, average or shitty games do not.
Just to name one obvious example, The Witcher 3. Absolutely no DRM. 10 Million copies sold as of March 2016.
Now imagine if iD went the extra mile and included user run dedicated servers, and a proper editor for the latest Doom. I played through it once and will probably never touch it again. Im not pissed, it was a decent single player game but that's all it was.

Well said! This is why i only got this title 3 weeks ago. Not being able to rapidly play without internet is a pain and especially annoying since multiplayer is such a joke (personal opinion) that I haven't been tempted to try their match making whatever..

News Comments > DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans
13. Re: DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans Jul 29, 2016, 15:17 4D-Boxing

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 22:47:
I was pleasantly surprised at how fun DOOM's campaign was. I have no interest in the multiplayer, so any DLC they intend to sell me needs to have single player content. To be vague, the story clearly implies there's more coming, so I think there'll likely be one expensive SP DLC down the road.

Same here. Seeing CTF peeked my interest for a sec but, I remembered that there is no server browser and just a hub (yeah repeating myself, its Doom not Quake so there is still hope).

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
10. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 10:20 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 09:40:
I'm going to throw the popcorn on, should be ready shortly...

You read my mind, I want a good seat for this one!

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
16. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 13:57 4D-Boxing

MDB wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:41:
I can't believe they had to make an announcement that they had working vsync. Good, I guess...?

The tearing in UT4 was pretty painful when I tried it a few months back -- I don't fully understand how Epic can allow this to even happen at all.

PCs were not the main focus of the engine. People high up set priorities and objectives without allowing for shifts in markets and technology. (bet on specific platforms and their tech wasn't designed to adapt to change).

They also failed to capitalize on the UT Alpha launch. Had the game engine really been PC ready and textured Alpha remakes of a few popular UT maps for all pre-existing game modes been available (vehicles and all) UT could've become something great. We could've seen modders take things to new levels which could've inspired new titles, genres etc. Tried it again last night and it was very disappointing. People start games on their PCs and it skips and lags randomly when you run into foes. (Doom made me crave some DM)

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 24, 2016, 11:49 4D-Boxing

Got the it a week ago and as good as it is, I'm a bit disappointed. Their goal was to have the best looking title @1080p, 60fp.s but, surely not on PC. If the title is well optimized and intended to run @60 fps, why not crank up the detail on the PC? Like UT it started without sli support which gives the impression that it's more of a mobile game engine. Just my half asleep impression.

Vulkan makes Nightmare (graphics)run smoothly even with sli enabled (drivers) and uses the vram from both cards but, not both GPUs.

Fun game but, should've started at the highest unlocked difficulty, not the middle one (not 1 life ultra nightmare). Love the speed, reminds me of my UT99 days.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2016, 11:55.

News Comments > Overwatch Support Sniper Tease?
3. Re: Overwatch Support Sniper Tease? Jul 7, 2016, 07:13 4D-Boxing

Shok wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 22:55:
It clearly says "SECURITY CLASSIFICATION: CONFIDENTIAL"

Blizzard has nothing to worry about though as this was not intentional so they won't be prosecuted Wiseguy

I see by your extensive analysis that you're a scholar from Cloud Imperium University. Best University and the Chairman vetted the professors himself. That Kilrathi judge has it out for the chairman

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
3. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 28, 2016, 18:38 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 18:05:
I'm in for $50 and will go from there...

Same here, looks like they actually listened to potential customers. My first time supporting one since all fail my smell test. Kickstarter people can we get a Mech game with server browser not matchmaking. Oh and a good competitive online fps with all the trimmings (call for details), not giving away ideas like dude who came up with EA game face and didn't even get a free game (allegedly, oh the things you hear at work lol).

Having one of those weeks, humor+gaming heals all work bs.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
31. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 18:28 4D-Boxing

descender wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 17:08:
....TBH I'm not sure there is a real reason to get anything faster than 120hz with G-sync though, unless your eyesight is really good.

My theory is that it helps due to variations in G-Sync/FreeSync performance induced by the graphics engine or its implementation.

I've played non G-Sync games at 150+ fps that felt smoother than modern titles at 120 to 150 fps on a 144hz G-Sync monitor.

It's hard to explain or put in technical terms but, even turning some old quake 2 engine games to low or default quality can explain or recreate the crazy fluidity that throws off your aim etc till you adjust. Almost gives the illusion that the mouse also glides better (first time around). Anyways, all that to say brute force (higher frequencies) may still be needed.

News Comments > On DOOM Multiplayer
17. Re: On DOOM Multiplayer Jun 9, 2016, 12:59 4D-Boxing

"There's certainly no lack of commitment to Doom as a multiplayer game on our side,"

I know that I'm repeating myself etc.. No server browser and only match making is a sign of being committed?!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 18:53 4D-Boxing

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:14:
Blue wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 12:39:
Beamer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 11:28:
We don't have substitutes for smartphones.

We don't need any, we already all have smartphones, which is why their growth is falling off. For the smartphone industry to sustain the way it's operated in the past we'd need to find an undiscovered continent/planet of new potential customers.

Yup, still rocking a Samsung Galaxy S4. With a 1.5Ghz proc, and a 5" 1080P screen, I see no reason to get anything else until it dies. That could take years. Also my carrier is Ting, a reseller of Sprint and T-Mob. Costs me about $40 per month for 2 phones, since my devices are already paid for and with Ting you only pay for what you use, combined. I'm about to use my daughter's phone for another $6/month.

Rockin a Nokia 520 here lol. Actually upgrading to an unlocked Huawei P6 soon... i know..i know..but, its small and looks ok. My cell is for calls, texts, gps and the odd time i'll need to look up something while shopping or socializing. I use my HP 608 G1 8" tablet for mobile computing, surfing etc daily & at home on the couch, bed etc. No need for a laptop, only my overkill OC'd sli desktop for the good stuff...

Like someone said, the market has matured like on the PC side but, cells wear out faster due to mobility. The so called "killer app" type scenarios like on PC to encourage purchases or upgrades will happen etc.

Anyways, processing power is still far from having reached the level required for one device to completely phase out another.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement
28. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 18:23 4D-Boxing

Omni wrote on May 24, 2016, 18:04:
We think shooter veterans and anyone new to the genre will find that Overwatch is an absolute blast to play.

As a Quake veteran I find Overwatch boring as fuck.

I'm slowly starting to accept that quake/UT visceral action has become a niche within a niche within a niche.

I miss the UT rocket dance, me and my flack running directly into fire but, moving smartly to get to the guy and flack buh bye. CTF think & develop a strategy fast and implement it even faster ah the memories. On that note, time for some UT beta fun before supper.

27. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 18:09 4D-Boxing

nimski wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:00:
4D-Boxing wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:03:
Rhialto wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:35:
I'm not...

Me neither. Waiting to hear feedback from PC gamers about the maychmsking. Smooth or is it laggy like other games that forgo sever browsers for peer to peer lovin

Gameplay is smooth, no noticeable glitches or anything. Some people have claimed the tick rate from the server is low, but I personally have a hard time seeing that in the game. The engine is lightening fast. Matchmaking is client/server, no p2p.

The game is a breath of fresh air on the team shooter genre. TF2 has turned into a laggy mess of code, the only thing Valve supports in that game is the revenue stream from cosmetics, the recent match making was a joke. The Battlefield series has become biannual EA shovelware. Overwatch is under pretty tight control, no CTF, no modded servers, etc., but I think it helps focus the game at the moment. Time will tell if it ages well, at least Blizzard has committed to it.

It's a fast game to get into but difficult to dominate in due to it's Rock/Paper/Scissor setup. We had a match last night where our team was just getting decimated as we were trying to defend. Someone swapped to Bastion and completely cut off access to one side of the map. It allowed the rest of us to actually set up a defense. It completely shifted the game play of the other team. We went back and forth like that a couple times, it was a blast.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! My multiplayer fps hiatus my not come to fruition and that's a good thing

3. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 13:03 4D-Boxing

Rhialto wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:35:
I'm not...

Me neither. Waiting to hear feedback from PC gamers about the maychmsking. Smooth or is it laggy like other games that forgo sever browsers for peer to peer lovin

News Comments > TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps
2. Re: TOXIKK Patch Adds Maps May 16, 2016, 21:49 4D-Boxing

Slick wrote on May 16, 2016, 20:22:
Lol, still "upcoming"? Kinda late to the party, we have 3 good arena-style FPS games this month, and goddamn, I bought Toxikk like 2 years ago...

Bought it as well and never found a populated server with a decent ping. Doubt 2 years changed that. It had all the ingredients but, it was literally UT3 down to the engine and textures, the most hated iteration of UT! The answer is right in front of developers, tired of repeating it (not referring to sever browsers etc.) Over 40 now, so no more freebies lol.

News Comments > DOOM Released
37. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 13:13 4D-Boxing

Wallshadows wrote on May 13, 2016, 10:21:
For anyone who does get it, please let us know how the single player portion of the game is. I wouldn't buy this for the multi but I might for the campaign...

My thoughts exactly! Single player might be twitchy fun like the old UT99 hord style coop thing but way more intricate. That being said, I can go play the UT Alpha for some fast paced action. I'm going to wait and compare the Doom single player reviews/comments to the New Homefront. Neither has server browsers just waiting in lobbies and buttery lag.

War Hammer Death Wing might be the only chance at good multiplayer. Unless Blizzard's managed to leverage it's massive infrastructure to make match making comparable to the tried and true server browser approach.

680 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo