Descending
Limit Results:

761 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    39  ] Older

Re: Valve Appeals Geo-Blocking Fine
Jun 15, 2021, 15:30
Re: Valve Appeals Geo-Blocking Fine Jun 15, 2021, 15:30
Jun 15, 2021, 15:30

RRP is different. I accompanied a relative to buy a stroller and we were shocked to see the same stroller a 15min drive away and the RRP was at least 50% lower. Yes, i'm aware of the local sales variable. I figured that one out seeing an elderly couple arguing with staff at Mcdonalds cause the bill was 75 cents more than in their borough.

That said, not my field of expertise and the laws prob allow this behavior. It's just sad to see all the people getting fleeced since prices are higher around say downtown gov offices and the downtown core isn't exactly rich.

Re: Valve Appeals Geo-Blocking Fine
Jun 15, 2021, 12:50
Re: Valve Appeals Geo-Blocking Fine Jun 15, 2021, 12:50
Jun 15, 2021, 12:50

El Pit wrote on Jun 15, 2021, 11:53:
I hope they lose and will have to pay a few billion $$$. They need to learn that either they believe in their ONE WORLD idea or they don't. Believing in it only if it does not harm your profit is ridiculous and actually a blow to the whole idea. I love it when rich people say "WE ARE ONE PEOPLE" only to instantly change this opinion when it comes to selling their products.

This is an interesting case and I wonder if it will have any impact on other industries.
Ex: An item purchased at Walmart or Mores and the price varies from borough to borough and sometimes within a borough. Not just small price variations from one Walmart to another or between Mores locations and those a 2 simple examples in my city.

Re: etc.
Jun 11, 2021, 14:18
Re: etc. Jun 11, 2021, 14:18
Jun 11, 2021, 14:18

Wanted one so bad as a kid but, Apple with education tapes (physics etc..) won the parents over. We had a computer so i didn't complain but, I saved my, $ knew what money orders were...opened the phone book (yes, long distance calls) and ordered from computer stores. Almost 20 years later i go to that very store and they talked to me about some grade school kid that was ordering games and joysticks lol (me).

Re: Battlefield 2042 in October
Jun 9, 2021, 11:50
Re: Battlefield 2042 in October Jun 9, 2021, 11:50
Jun 9, 2021, 11:50

Looking forward to this, only because it's not another battle royal/overwatch thing. If they can at tighten up the controls/netcode compared to 4 or bfcbc2, it would be a good start. Add options for people to create maps and we might have something worth playing for more than a year.

..stop the c bills thing to unlock skins.. only spent them if they unlocked gear in 5, so hardly any spent on my end.

Re: More on Valve's Handheld Device Plans
May 25, 2021, 20:45
Re: More on Valve's Handheld Device Plans May 25, 2021, 20:45
May 25, 2021, 20:45

Like everyone is saying, why?

They have steam!?! I avoided it like the plague til brick and mortar store stopped carrying PC games because to me it was like those AOL things. They even ended getting me as a supporter.

They really don't seem to realize what they have. Focus on making steam what it could be. Less intrusive and an interface that I may actually want to use unless i want to close steam and just game...It may already be to late since I now have launchers for Division 2, BFV, Mechworrior etc..

If they've given up on steam, forget hardware and focus all the energy on an epic Half Life sequal to revive that side of the business. Also do VR stuff when appropriate & maybe to inspire as MS was trying to do with Surface and OEMs etc.

steam has social media type stuff (yes, i'm old) to connect players, VR and there is a pandemic that forced people into isolation. Basicaly, they could have triggered a Wii / Wii bowling type craze with a cheap basic wireless VR setup and from there who knows.

...ramblings of a guy running low on sleep lol

Re: The Division Heartland Footage Leaks
May 17, 2021, 13:51
Re: The Division Heartland Footage Leaks May 17, 2021, 13:51
May 17, 2021, 13:51

ZeroPike1 wrote on May 17, 2021, 03:32:
SimplyMonk wrote on May 17, 2021, 02:40:
I played a lot of D1. Only maybe a few hours of D2. Interesting concepts in the Dark Zone and a few mechanics, but the narrative never really clicked for me. Playing a game like Destiny it is easy to rationalize the big space zombie taking 500 rounds to the skull and keep coming back for more.

Shooting 500 rounds of an AK into the head of some street thug with a hoodie? Kinda bring me out of the game. Purely subjective and all, but that was really kept me from investing in the game.

A Person after my own heart. That made me fly totally out of the game world. And if I cannot accept the world logic then the rest of the game also falls apart.

Darks -> it's all for the internet clout, these days. I wish I could say it was just the 'kids' or something, but it seems to span multiple generations now. Anything for internet 'fame' of any level.

I swear humanity wasn't like this, 30 years ago even

I beg to differ, I think Humanity has always been like this. The internet just exposes just how often this behavior actually exists. By offering people more means to act. I tend to think of it as an extension of how the Schoolyard works. "Did you guys hear what Jimmy did?... yeah filled a toilet with notebooks!" Its just grade school acts with international fans and less oversight. No principle to punish him. Ubi's legal team though will probably clean up better then any principle.

Well said!

Re: June Battlefield Tease
May 11, 2021, 10:12
Re: June Battlefield Tease May 11, 2021, 10:12
May 11, 2021, 10:12

Slick wrote on May 11, 2021, 00:48:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 10, 2021, 23:19:
If they pushed this back because China was insulted, and thus, China Joe Biden/Crackhead Hunters dumb blackmailed ass were insulted.. I'll laugh.
I highly doubt it, but since the mental patient in the WH is in bed deep with China, I wouldnt be surprised!

Wow there's so much to unpack here:

1) Did you notice how I mentioned Battlefield 4 where the singleplayer campaign literally has the player overthrowing the Chinese government to try and install a Pro-Democracy leader?
2) You know that DICE is from Stockholm, Sweden right?
3) The fact that you'd immediately jump from video game news from a Swedish company choosing to push a trailer due to real-life events sensitivity... to it obviously having to do with Hunter fucking Biden, and the goddamned president being in bed with China... I mean... my god. I'm gonna block you and not look back. You might be more at home on 8kun Rolleyes Rolleyes

I tend to avoid posting when things go down this road,but, just wanted to say thanks. You articulated your point so well that his follow up post is basically like him conceeding that he can't counter (childish stuff).

PS. not even from the US and I have a better understanding of the topic.

Re: Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition Released
May 6, 2021, 16:40
Re: Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition Released May 6, 2021, 16:40
May 6, 2021, 16:40

I can play this on the weekend, I need to forget that RE village demo for a bit to give that new RE title a fair shot.

Re: Resident Evil Village Reviews
May 5, 2021, 17:20
Re: Resident Evil Village Reviews May 5, 2021, 17:20
May 5, 2021, 17:20

Steele Johnson wrote on May 5, 2021, 17:07:
Resident Evil Village Review: A frustrating console experience for PC gamers - me

Pretty my experience with the demo. Didn't need the hour..
Maybe the full version is better.

Re: New Battlefield This Year
Apr 22, 2021, 18:22
Re: New Battlefield This Year Apr 22, 2021, 18:22
Apr 22, 2021, 18:22

Not putting my hopes up to high. If they can improve on the netcode, responsiveness and tighten up the controls another notch or two to bring it beyond Bf4 and some of the better moments of 5, I can find the right loadout to keep it entertaining. Weird that even Div 2 can feel tighter than any bf game (except my tank in bfbc2 vietnam..just leathal).

Re: CD PROJEKT Rakes in the Cash
Apr 16, 2021, 14:27
Re: CD PROJEKT Rakes in the Cash Apr 16, 2021, 14:27
Apr 16, 2021, 14:27

After the Witcher 1, 2 and 3 they deserve the $, but they have to go back to what made them great. Still waiting to buy it and I might as well wait for 3090s, 3080s our equivalants to be available. The few perks of getting old lol.

Intersting side note: I saw an article about an official cyberpunk nerf gun.
Not sure if its for collectors, but I assumed this was a mature game, kids won't demand something with no link to their entertainment univers (tv, cartoons, games etc.)

Re: Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Alpha Begins
Mar 30, 2021, 00:05
Re: Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Alpha Begins Mar 30, 2021, 00:05
Mar 30, 2021, 00:05

To this very day, I see Hidden and Dangerous whenever there something posted about this game.

Good thing I'm interested in both.

Re: Saturday Mobilization
Jan 24, 2021, 09:07
Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 24, 2021, 09:07
Jan 24, 2021, 09:07

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2021, 04:47:
Huh, surprised at so many anti-smartwatch comments here. I wear a Garmin Fenix, and use it to track my runs and other workouts. It has a Spotify app in it, so I can run with my tunes and no bulky phone. I sometimes misplace my phone, and the Find Phone feature on the watch is very useful.

Surprised as well. I love computers, don't really like smartphones and love smartwatches. I never need to use my phone except for phone conversations. Bought my first smartwatch in 2016 and upgraded to the Ticwatch pro 3 fall 2020. The old Zen3 from 2016 is still being used. An acquired taste, but i still get compliments on the watch. Phones get replaced more often than smartwatches but, i realize that my Zen3 may not be usable in 3 or 4 years even if being carefull charging the device.

Re: Resident Evil Re:Verse and More Resident Evil Village Details Announced
Jan 22, 2021, 13:33
Re: Resident Evil Re:Verse and More Resident Evil Village Details Announced Jan 22, 2021, 13:33
Jan 22, 2021, 13:33

I just saw the word deatmatch and my old fast twitch fibers activated lol. I just want a target rich evironment, but those days are long gone.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Sep 29, 2020, 14:38
Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2020, 14:38
Sep 29, 2020, 14:38

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 11:59:
At least they don't depreciate as fast as camera's.
From Saturdays DSLR article
"A $5,000 pro DSLR will lose 1/3 of its value as soon as you open the box, and then lose $1,000 per year"
Don't let BoP see that first link, Or we'll never hear the end of it. Wink
Eric S Raymond ... Burrito of Peace.
hmm, both have 3 words and 5 syllables.
Coincidence - I think NOT!

That is crazy!!!

I hold on to other components for longer and almost never upgrade everything at once. I end up with an old CPU, motherboard and ram in storage that I use to build a PC with the card I want to sell. Makes it way easier for me since students are always looking for stuff late summers. CPU etc may be a bit older than they'd like, but since I'm an old guy and not a student, they still get quality gear with info on how well it still performs vs newer parts. (I OC but keep things cool and never had a single PC fail or returned, only returned customers)

P.S. I did treat myself when i hit 45 and built what was my dream PC for that period/generation of hardware. (still cheaper and as fun to me as modifying cars)

Re: Morning Metaverse
Sep 28, 2020, 18:38
Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 28, 2020, 18:38
Sep 28, 2020, 18:38

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 28, 2020, 17:45:
Math is an abstract logic system designed by flawed humans to attempt to rationalize aspects of the observable and unobservable universe.

Tik Tok teenagers would probably be better served not just randomly asking strangers, but reading up on the history of math, as the article eventually discusses.

Unfortunately, teenagers with access to the internet and a variety of search engines don't seem to do research?! To many parents find it odd that their kids ask them about stuff they should know or be able to find in no time. My theory is that they are so used to having everything on demand with all the streaming and Youtube they've been exposed to. Just my 2cents lol

P.S. I have employees like that and they can't even search their email client and send questions to which they already received the answer more than once...grr!

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Not a 200GB Install
Sep 2, 2020, 12:49
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Not a 200GB Install Sep 2, 2020, 12:49
Sep 2, 2020, 12:49

Fion wrote on Sep 2, 2020, 12:36:
Sounds about right to me Idonyo.

The shear size of game installs are growing so fast that I'm building a new system and I bought a 1tb m.2 SSD for the sole reason that my 500gb SSD just isn't enough. Between the software I use nearly daily, the many gb of art assets I have because of my job, 2-3 games is all I can install before I'm at less than 50gb of free space.

Yeah I did the same upgrade and ended in the same situation.

I wont even get into ISP caps and the size of games or patches (dumped big ISP and went small company with unlimited and better speed).

Re: Evening Metaverse
Nov 12, 2019, 10:52
Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 12, 2019, 10:52
Nov 12, 2019, 10:52

The health information stuff in the US seems weirdly regulated. I don't live or work in the US and we used to get some much medical info sent to us that it got scary. We called to warn people, insurance companies, hospitals etc, but no one wanted to lift a finger. Not familiar with the health care system, but people faxed documents that even included credit and social security numbers.

Good thing we all had clearance and the info was deleted after doing our due diligence. Still, we are talking about hundreds of thousands...and probably way way more.

Re: Steam Remote Play Together Beta
Oct 22, 2019, 10:33
Re: Steam Remote Play Together Beta Oct 22, 2019, 10:33
Oct 22, 2019, 10:33

"Only the host needs to own and install the game..."

Didn't the original Diablo have that feature? I'm pretty sure I also played a nascar game this way back in the 90s. COnnected to my buddy using

Anyways, its good feature to have. Now if we can continue to innovate and bring back server browsers for non MMO multiplayer games. Oh maybe Client so that we can host our own instances and kick/ban cheaters and devs can save $$ they spend on hositng funky instances that force people in small markets to joing games way out of reach with a 200 ping.

Yes, another old man rant by yours truly lol

Re: Playing for the Planet
Sep 24, 2019, 13:01
Re: Playing for the Planet Sep 24, 2019, 13:01
Sep 24, 2019, 13:01

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 11:12:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 07:15:
This Swedish girl is a product of her handlers. She is espousing what adults with a specific agenda have told her. I don't think she is bonkers, just misinformed by the people that are using her. I find it very sad that people have to use a child to push such an agenda, especially when it is not backed by any scientific facts. Yes, the earth is warming, but the silly sky is falling nonsense has no basis in fact.

No the sky isn't falling but the earth is going down the drain really fucking fast. Many suspect we've already moved beyond the tipping point and are at the start of the next extinction level event, meaning it's already too late. This isn't a drop off a cliff, but a long slide into extinction that picks up speed as it goes. Ecosystems are collapsing. Keystone species are disappearing. We're running out of fresh water, top soil, arable land. Population is exploding and everyone demands more, more, more. It's completely unsustainable - and has been for several decades now. Yeah, there's an agenda, the 'Hey I live on this planet too and it would be really nice if it didn't go to Hell in a handbasket in the next couple of decades which is exactly where it's going' agenda.

Its sad that you and many others still have explain this to people in 2019.
761 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    39  ] Older