Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sliv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 22, 2003, 23:07
Total Comments 178 (Novice)
User ID 19104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 22, 2009, 00:32 sliv

Saw Transformers 2 for the first time tonight. I thought it was good, even though I heard so much hatred piled on it. Lot more action than the first one, the camera was zoomed out so you could see the robots fighting. Funny parts, especially the twin robots and Devastators... well... you know, and you could actually understand what Starscream and Megatron were saying. They basically fixed everything that they complained about in the first movie and they still find something to complain about. I guess that's why they're called 'critics.'

The "critics" on Rotten Tomatoes give it 19% because it had 2 1/2 hours of action... C'mon! It's an action movie, don't you remember what the cartoons were like? Little plot, little character development and a lot of robot fights. geez, lighten up...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2009, 23:10 sliv

Don't they mean LDS?  

News Comments > $25 Mil Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign
29. Re: $25 Mil Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign Oct 6, 2009, 01:03 sliv

...would have saved them 20 mil because everyone would be banging down the door to get the game.

Yeah, maybe those who read online gaming websites and magazines. If they're spending $25M on advertising, they're looking beyond ads in gaming sites and more mainstream for a more mainstream audience. I'm sure Zombieland will be release on DVD around the time of L4D2 just in time for Christmas shopping.

Tough competition at that time of year so a $25M budget sounds about right to me.

News Comments > etc.
2. New SF4 character Sep 29, 2009, 10:22 sliv

I don't know Japanese so I guessed on their navigation:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/character.html

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2009, 15:58 sliv

Bought PlayOn so I can watch Netflix on the PS3; works perfectly, can also listen to music, photos and videos stored on my PC. Doesn't inherently recognize dvr-ms files, but works if you convert them first.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Clip
7. Re: Star Trek Online Clip Sep 6, 2009, 17:56 sliv

Those were the most underwhelming explosions I've ever seen. The ships are supposed to be huge with a radioactive core on each and you get this puny explosion that's half the size of the ship itself. Phasers look pretty cool, but the way the ships were moving, they felt like they were same size and mass as a little shuttlecraft.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. PS3 firmware Sep 1, 2009, 12:00 sliv

The update comes on the same day as the launch of the new 120GB slimmer PS3.

hmm... this must not be talking about the US as I've had my PS3 Slim for almost a week now.

1. Avatar Aug 20, 2009, 21:15 sliv

Looks cool, but thought at first it was referring to "The Last Airbender" movie that M. Night is directing; which I think the cartoon is called "Avatar: The Last Airbender." When I saw all the spaceships and mechs I was confused there for a minute.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. ATI/nvidia in Win 7 Aug 15, 2009, 08:57 sliv

Unless I'm reading his results wrong, it never was a ATI vs Nvidia test but more of a Vista vs Win7. We never get a starting FPS for each test so even though there may be an increase of +5% the beginning (and possibly ending) FPS may still be lower than drivers that had 0% change which, to me, is worse. Honestly, I think a driver with least amount of change between two different OS's is the better, more solid driver.

I very well could be wrong, open to other suggestions if I misses/misread something.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 10, 2009, 23:13 sliv

Mine doesn't necessarily collect dust, but definitely don't play it everyday for x hours. I have a few pick-up-and-play games like Boom Blox, Mario Galaxy and pinball, but most of my time is spent working and chasing around a kid all day.

Doing a quick search on the average of ages based on console and according to Nielsen (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/23/new-study-compares-360-ps3-consumers/) it's surprising to me that the ages are pretty close together. My initial reaction is then what games are being developed and the time requirements and skill levels do you need to have to be successful in the game.

Of course, that doesn't take into account the price of the console, those who own multiple consoles and actual PC gamers. I'm 33 and own a Wii and a PC, can't afford the time or the money for a 360 or PS3.
**Of course, I'm only speaking on my own behalf...

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2009, 23:13.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo
17. Re: Arkham Asylum Demo Aug 7, 2009, 08:59 sliv

I think the first thing I noticed was that I never got touched by anyone throughout the entire demo. I heard someone else say that they felt Batman was a little too powerful, but based on the franchise whippin' up on henchman without taking a scratch is about right. I'm sure the game will get tougher. What I thought was funny was when I accidentally let the guard fry in the chair, Joker comes up and does a nice "you fail/you suck" little speech over you. Made me laugh. It felt short to me and was hoping I'd play the boss, but not surprised it fades to black there. Will take the advice of trying it through a few more times with different approaches. My first approach was to pick each one off from the gargoyles all stealthy-like.

Other thing I liked, the Detective Mode was pretty cool and was really happy it doesn't have a timer like the flashlight in HL. I played most of back half with it on.

Frame rate stuttered at the beginning, set the AA at 4x, 1920x1080, the rest of the settings to "yes". Running a 9600GT, old Q6600 quad, 8gb ram. After the initial stutter, the rest ran smooth.

I've heard six-month old's eat extra pennies like I drink beer ..... best of luck with your business

Thanks! It's fledgling in that I've ran it off and on for a few years now, but with recently layoff it's my full-time gig now. And he's basically a vacuum-cleaner, but unfortunately not the bagless kind...

Black... Market... Ebay... How healthy is your 6 month old? lol Something to take into consideration.

6. Re: Arkham Asylum Demo Aug 7, 2009, 00:18 sliv

I'm thrilled about the demo, 57% downloaded so far.

In all honesty, I probably won't buy the game regardless if it was scheduled for release tomorrow or a year from now. Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid Blues reader, but a retired gamer - retired in that I have a six-month old and a fledgling business I have to invest all my extra pennies.

Thrilled for the demo in that I can have some sort of reference when people starting making positive and negative comments on this site.

2. Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Aug 6, 2009, 23:50 sliv

By the time I download (approx. 59 minutes) and install the game, it will technically be midnight at my house.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2009, 16:15 sliv

Office Space. One of my top 5 favorites of all time!

Ahhhh... I love living here!

News Comments > THQ's New Austin Digs
1. Re: THQ's New Austin Digs Jun 22, 2009, 20:11 sliv

Cool, coming to my town!  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2009, 23:28 sliv

Infinite Mario Bros. doesn't click for me to play.

The detailed instructions at the bottom says to hit "s" to stsrt. In the game, use the arrow keys to move, "a" is to shoot fireballs/run/super-jump/etc., "s" is to jump.

Was fun for about 30 seconds since the controls were hard to get used to.

News Comments > Bombshell Beauties
2. Re: Bombshell Beauties May 20, 2009, 08:46 sliv

Yeah, looking past just the peepshow part of it, the functionality of the site; how you can manipulate the pictures of the girls, add decals and it ends up as a postcard to e-mail. Pretty slick! There's definitely no questioning who they're marketing to!  

News Comments > Metaverse
1. IE8: Make that two steps forward Mar 21, 2009, 09:27 sliv

The reviewer says there's not much improvement but IE8 will now allow CSS tables which for, web developers, is huge. Firefox and Safari already had it but no one would seriously build with it until IE did. Now just have to wait a few months until Microsoft makes it a required update before being able to use it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 15, 2009, 19:09 sliv

Heading to SXSWi tomorrow afternoon. Got a free pass from a Wacom rep here in Austin.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2009, 13:45 sliv

But if we get rid of the penny, then what would we put in those little trays at the convenience store?  

178 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo