Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sliv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 22, 2003, 23:07
Total Comments 178 (Novice)
User ID 19104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 30, 2010, 22:19 sliv

I have a PS3 and I will buy it!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Trailer, Art
2. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Trailer, Art Sep 15, 2010, 15:25 sliv

I like it. Was, and still am, a big fan of the first one and will usually play it through every couple of years. Very rarely do I buy a game on release day, but that was one I did buy. Will grab this one early too so I can play it first-hand without being too influenced by other opinions which are usually in short supply around here. ha!

Thought it was interesting the website labels the game as Horror/Action. Thought the first one was strictly an action game so I'll be curious if they play/prey more on fear this go round.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 11, 2010, 21:58 sliv

What was said:
"We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought,"

What they really said:
"We offered free bumpers to anyone who wanted one but apparently nobody wanted to wait the 2+ weeks for said free bumper so people were paying the extra $20 anyway so they keep from calls being dropped. We like to call that a win-win."

The free bumpers were on back-order. Whether that was a result of high demand or if it was orchestrated so Apple looks compassionate by 'fixing' it's design error, but is still getting the sale for bumpers anyway.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
56. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 7, 2010, 21:19 sliv

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many scientists and pastors who read Blue's.

I, for one, am neither and don't pose to be a professional when it comes to Biblical knowledge and I did poorly in science while in school. But just like everyone, I do have my own opinions and my own beliefs. I'll keep my beliefs to myself so as not to 'shove them down anyone's throats', however I will share my opinion:

There are a lot of close-minded, mass generalizations and assumptions going on that really should be more thought out and researched before vomited pell-mell in a gaming forum. Sources, anyone? It really is starting to sound like a bunch of second-graders yelling "yeah, well you're ugly!" I've yet to see a conversation/debate in a forum like this ever end positively and will usually just drive the wedge deeper between the two sides. Which then makes me wonder "what's the point?" Is there really that much pent-up anger just desperately needing to be let out?

Of course, discussions like these are a train wreck and are often hard to look away.

Back on the topic of the Bible MMO, doubt it will be very successful as the financial backing for Christian games are rarely there (heck, even well-funded games aren't always successful) and usually comes with too much controversy (ala, the Left Behind games) to have a large enough following to be considered relevant.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
29. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 6, 2010, 22:49 sliv

Funny because I've seen plenty of rude Christians, Catholics and even a Muslim or two around here.

And the beauty is none of the xtian players or GMs will be able to do anything about it because they have to turn the other cheek, haha!

And I think this is why anything religious is such a big target. Non-Christians can insult it all they want and if there is any backlash, feign innocence and then says it proves their point that Christians are generally rude. Wouldn't say it's necessarily fair ground but all's fair in love and war...

I'm curious as to whether people are this mean when talking with each other face to face. It's pretty easy to be so bold with such comfortable anonymity.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 4, 2010, 12:40 sliv

Any technology that can be hacked and copied with some parts from Radio Shack is never a good idea when it comes to the safety of children. From a parent of a 2 year old looking at starting preschool next week, I have no interest in letting my child wear a chip that any sicko can copy his chip, copy it to another chip, attach it to another child and my kid is gone without anyone knowing any different.

All it will do is promote complacency and laziness instead of watching my child which what the schools get paid to do.

I'm glad to see Blue's posting this, I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

News Comments > DNF Next Year
13. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 14:51 sliv

I don't know. If it does end up getting released, it will be somewhat bittersweet in that it would be the end of an era; as comical as it all was. It's been one of the longest running jokes in video game history with a bare minimum of 50+ comments when something mentioning DNF is posted. That ride will be over.

I guess, if game actually is released, the big question will be what will everyone with all that pent up gamer angst use as a punching bag after next year.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Bottle o' Stubbs Aug 21, 2010, 21:47 sliv

Straight out of my neck of the woods!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Apple and Flash Aug 16, 2010, 23:13 sliv

As a web designer, I didn't really choose a side on this argument, though it was a bit irritating that Apple chose not to include flash claiming mobile devices aren't powerful enough. That fell flat pretty quickly, which became the first of Apple's series of bizarre press releases regarding the iPhone.

Like Adobe, I moved on also, away from flash. I think flash has its place for videos and apps, just not in website design.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron Jun 22, 2010, 13:13 sliv

I saw some guy playing it at Best Buy last week so I figured the game had already launched; he was fighting a huge bot by himself which I would assume is not in the multiplayer demo. I haven't played it so I could be wrong.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2010, 00:33 sliv

...after watching 4-5 of them...I quit -

I've seen the box sets on sale and on several occasion I almost bought some of them. I don't specifically for that reason. The memories will always be better than what they really were. Television has gotten so sophisticated and so have we as viewers that to watch these old shows makes you ever wonder how you liked it in the first place.

Oh, and the Lion Voltron was the only Voltron, even back then the vehicle one was disgraceful...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 26, 2010, 13:38 sliv

Got my copy at Best Buy for $22.99 (it had a $29.99 sticker on it), used a $15 Reward Zone certificate: $8 out the door.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Stone Giant Apr 22, 2010, 01:17 sliv

Looked pretty nice on my HD 5770, ran fairly smooth at 1920x1080, tess = high. I especially liked the setup shots by pressing 1 - 6.

Only problem I experienced was running it, closing it and then running it again. It would lock up on the splash screen, CTRL+ALT+DEL, tried running it again and it would say PhysX not installed. Re-install, run again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 29, 2010, 19:00 sliv

Not being aggressive, just trying to put the pacifier in before all of the crying starts.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 29, 2010, 14:30 sliv

You may want to check the date that it's supposed to be released before getting your panties too much in a bind.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2010, 13:37 sliv

B for "beta"  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 20, 2010, 22:31 sliv

Just switched over from a 9600GT to an HD 5770 today. Haven't had a chance to see what it can do yet, but feeling pretty good about making the switch.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. SXSW Mar 17, 2010, 14:00 sliv

I would like to say I'm excited about SXSW this year but since I work two blocks from the Austin Convention Center (in the Frost Bank Tower, I'm staring down at it right now) and the fact the downtown is crawling with people who don't know how to cross the street, it makes for a tough time getting around.  

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 24, 2010, 21:54 sliv

Thanks for the info. I've switched from nVidia to ATI to nVidia to ATI back to nVidia so there's no allegiance. I'm looking at spending between $150-$200 so I'll keep my eye out for an ATI card.  

1. GeForce GTX 480/470 launch Feb 23, 2010, 20:54 sliv

So has history shown that when they launch their latest and greatest that prices for the rest of their cards go down? I'm looking at upgrading and may be interested in waiting a bit if the prices drop significantly.  

178 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo