Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sliv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 22, 2003, 23:07
Total Comments 178 (Novice)
User ID 19104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > NY Games Bill
17. Re: NY Games Bill Jan 29, 2009, 13:55 sliv

SIGN ME UP! WHERE ARE THESE GAMES?!

Why would they try to pass a bill for games that don't exist? I'm guessing for preventative reasons. Within the past few decades what's been considered "normal" has changed dramatically. Just Elvis's head was usually shown on TV because of his 'crazy hip gyrations' they thought unsuitable back then. I'm sure they're proposing it now so it makes it easier to pass based on what's considered "normal" by today's standards and will be harder to overturn when games that include rape, incest and beastiality (really?) start showing up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 27, 2009, 20:21 sliv

Since we've been home with our newborn, we're watching a lot of daytime TV, which is when most retired folks are watching. It seems like every commercial break we're watching Bob Barker, Pat Sajak or some other daytime celebrity tell us that we won't be able to watch our favorite shows.

Actually, today we saw a new one where they're instructing them to ask a neighbor or friend to help them hook it up for them since they may not be technologically savvy or lack brute strength to get behind the tv. This, of course, is with the visual of a strapping young lad hooking up the cable behind the tv while the elderly woman looked on.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: B.I.P. - Hudson Reide Jan 17, 2009, 19:42 sliv

Yep, thought of that. . . but it is a family name so I figured that would be okay.  

5. B.I.P. - Hudson Reide Jan 17, 2009, 12:01 sliv

(Born In Peace)
Our first child, Hudson Reide Garcia, was born Friday morning at 8:20am! 6lb 13oz

News Comments > Legends of Zork Browser Game
8. Re: Legends of Zork Browser Game Jan 14, 2009, 22:42 sliv

Want some rye? Course ya do!  

3. Re: Awww.. Nov 5, 2008, 20:47 sliv

Really liked his fiction books, but his autobiography was... interesting.  

News Comments > Metaverse
4. TW rate increase Nov 2, 2008, 22:51 sliv

Locked in a fixed rate for two years with TW. Was cussin' about it before when ATT U-verse became available but now I'm pretty happy I won't see an increase.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Diablo III Logo Oct 12, 2008, 15:31 sliv

The picture itself links back to Blue's...?

News Comments > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Movie
5. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2008, 09:27 sliv

Oh, I'm sorry Watchdog, were you saying something?

Your mouth's moving but nothing's coming out...

News Comments > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Movie
2. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2008, 23:10 sliv

wha...?

News Comments > How Publishers Punish Game Sites
32. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2008, 10:58 sliv

Without demos to tryout, all you have to rely on is pre-release reviews or, if you can wait long enough, reviews from those who actually bought it and played it. This is only speaking for PC though. Consoles don't have to worry about this since I can go to my local video store and rent it for $7; if I like it I buy it. ...And then everyone wonders why publishers are moving towards consoles.

Concerning the relationship between publishers and the media, this is business as usual. The publishers spend a lot of money and time on a product and then pays the media to advertise it. Hopefully this apparent breakdown will force the publishers to start putting out more demos since they're not able to fully rely on pre-release reviews. The other option is to decide not to develop for the PC at all and push consoles. Of course, there are more ways to advertise than just relying solely on a group of reviewers and then complain when they review it poorly, that's just laziness on the side of the publisher.

News Comments > Steam Sales
9. Re: Meh Aug 23, 2008, 21:51 sliv

Found the fix for the graphics issue, apparently I wasn't the only one.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717796

News Comments > Steam Sales
8. Re: Meh Aug 23, 2008, 21:28 sliv

How well does this game work with a gamepad (xbox 360)?

I haven't been able to get my Logitech Rumblepad 2 (which is like the PS controller) to work. I'm also having graphic issues where their eyeballs and hair move before or after the rest of the model and also seeing random flashes of code on the screen. I used to play this game with my old 7800GT and worked flawlessly, it would be hard to believe my 9600GTC is causing all of the problems.

News Comments > New Creative Labs ALchemy
13. Re: No subject Aug 9, 2008, 16:58 sliv

Neither a or b since I've never been able to successfully load up Creative's drivers and have had to use third party drivers. Since I have the Audigy 2 platinum and use the LiveDrive daily I have no interest in buying another $100+ sound card for zero performance increase. It's just annoying to have to jump through all the hoops just to get it running.

Sent from my iPhone (pardon the speeling)

News Comments > New Creative Labs ALchemy
3. Re: No subject Aug 9, 2008, 08:23 sliv

And I love how Creative stepped up to the plate to give Audigy 2 cards full Vista support by updating all their drivers. Oh, wait...

News Comments > Blizzard Tease - Updated
38. I see. . . Jun 23, 2008, 21:22 sliv

LAVA!

http://www.620studio.com/Lava.jpg

or a bunch of squiglys http://www.620studio.com/Squiglies.jpg

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 22:37.

6. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 13:07 sliv

Did anybody notice the sheriff's name? Sheriff Whipple. . . you have to admit that's a little funny. . .

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Merged Consoles Jan 11, 2008, 13:43 sliv

“Can anyone explain to me how having one console would be bad for gamers? Or game developers for that matter?,”

I think the hidden meaning is that last sentence. Gamers want competition, it's what keeps things interesting. Developers just want to get lazy. Sure we can just call it the P-Wii 360, that sounds catchy. The next thing they'll want is a standardized spoken language so they don't have to make multi-language support. . .

I remember when I saw "Demolition Man" and the winner of the restaurant wars was Taco Bell. My first thought was "oh, I hope not!"

1. Go. . . Nov 11, 2007, 15:21 sliv

Cowboys!

News Comments > etc.
1. "Hitman" . . . Nov 7, 2007, 14:00 sliv

Interesting selections of movies coming out in the next few years, based on the end of his article.

178 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo