Descending
Limit Results:

209 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ] Older

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jul 15, 2020, 09:20
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 09:20
Jul 15, 2020, 09:20

I wish all the hate-filled Trump supporters would just get together and move to some deserted island to start their own country called Ignorantica where they can fly all their confederate flags and spout their ridiculous

I'm sorry, who's hating who here?

Re: Half-Life: Alyx Spurs Index Sales
Jan 29, 2020, 19:24
Re: Half-Life: Alyx Spurs Index Sales Jan 29, 2020, 19:24
Jan 29, 2020, 19:24

It doesn't matter if Valve purchased a studio or they made the game themselves. Those are all proximity to the stated fact that an application ("Half-Life: Alyx") is directly responsible for a large spike in VR hardware purchases across different brands. HLA has become a catalyst for VR adoption.

We bought two Oculus Quests for our sons for Christmas, after the HL:A trailer came out. Not because it came out but because it was Christmas time. You can't claim that VR headset sales increase solely because of HL:A trailer. Oculus Quest comes with Vader Immortal Ep 1 - 3 included which may have contributed as well. We had already decided that was our boys Christmas gifts prior to that so even it didn't drive our decision.

Also, our boys request for the Quest wasn't based on HL either, they don't even know about it. (they're 11 and 7) Vader Immortal wasn't even a reasons either. Beat Saber, Job Simulator, and a few other games were on the top of their list. They're actually really excited about Echo Arena which we're still waiting to be released.

Re: Into the Black
Aug 24, 2019, 13:44
Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2019, 13:44
Aug 24, 2019, 13:44

wow, the very funny chicken story got surprisingly dark...

Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning
Aug 16, 2019, 12:55
Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning Aug 16, 2019, 12:55
Aug 16, 2019, 12:55

Give someone even just a taste of success, they'll keep coming back. Epic's trying to avoid fatigue, especially for the casual or young gamers which have surprisingly high buying power.

I can't speak for Epic, but the older or the experienced gamers may not be their focus anymore. I know when either of my sons get in the single-digits of players left in a round, they get excited. If they end up with a Victory Royale, it's like they're king of the world and jump back into the next round. The Kool-Aid immediately tastes that much sweeter.

Getting killed in the first few minutes without any respawning gets boring so I can see why they want less experienced players to have more time in a match. It's why I have no interest in playing it, without the ability to respawn it's just annoying.

Re: Sunday Legal Briefs
Jul 22, 2019, 08:43
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2019, 08:43
Jul 22, 2019, 08:43

Our left joy-con started drifting upwards after a few months of use. Kids play with it more than I do so I figured they did it as their wear-and-tear is far more aggressive than mine.

Since it costs $70 on sale for new ones (as opposed to a $40-$50 Xbox controller) we just dealt with it as just flicking the stick down fixes it temporarily. Hearing that there's a wide-spread problem reassures me that it wasn't necessarily us damaging it and also spending the money a new controller isn't the best way to go just yet.

It's happening on our second set of joy-cons we bought for multiplayer; the neon green set, not the original red/blue that came with the Switch.

Apr 13, 2019, 07:08
Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2019, 07:08
Apr 13, 2019, 07:08

If you think that all that I lost with the utterly horrible, shameful handling of the seminal iconic characters ALONE on Disney's watch is $12 then I don't even know where to start.

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."

I think of the sequel trilogy as fan movies with huge budgets. The Skywalker saga ended with Return of the Jedi.

And that's perfect, leave it at that. There are several movies they made sequels for that I either didn't bother to watch or thought it wasn't necessary and take the first movie as the story ends there.

The fact of the matter is Disney owns the IP and paid a lot of money for it. If they want to run it to the ground which people seem to think they are, they have every right to. I don't see it that way and, no, they can't take my childhood away. If movies made today takes away from your experiences from your past then, in my opinion, that's pretty lame.

The only exception that I can see is Solo, which I think is probably the best of all the new Star Wars material.

Interesting, I wasn't a big fan of that one. I didn't think it was "bad" or worth a ton of criticism but didn't feel it was completely necessary. I liked the idea that Han and Lando had a shady past with Chewie along for the ride and us not knowing the full history there. The "fair and square" line in Empire was an inside joke that I was perfectly fine not needing to be in on it.

Apr 12, 2019, 23:18
Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2019, 23:18
Apr 12, 2019, 23:18

I mean.. that last one really really killed the entire series with lightspeed ramming and Gravity style bombers in space..

Thanks, you just ruined the series for me all over again.

God what a fucking turd of a movie. Fuck Rian whateverthefuckhisnameis with a dull, rusty lightsaber.

There were so many things wrong with The Last Jedi that I could write a 100-page thesis on it, or do a dissertation that would end up longer than the movie itself. Rarely do I get angry at a bad movie; maybe letdown, frustrated, annoyed, but hardly ever angry. The Last Jedi pissed me the fuck off.

What the...? They made some movies and made money on them. You act like they ran over your dog with a truck, put it in reverse and ran over it again all the while looking straight into your eyes.

A New Hope was the first movie I saw in a drive-in. Empire, opening night. I have a picture of me blowing out candles on my cake with a Luke Skywalker action figure next to it. Posters, Halloween costumes... All part of my childhood.

But, geez, the piling on is so sad. Force Awakens is another A New Hope! Last Jedi is NOT "my" Star Wars! There is no amount of effort on this green earth that will please you. You spend, what $12 on a ticket and you feel you get ripped off or you feel like they took your soul, whatever that means.

For the love of it, save the $12, please...

Re: Out of the Blue
Apr 4, 2019, 13:46
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2019, 13:46
Apr 4, 2019, 13:46

Made a deal with my oldest son (who really gets into movies) when he turned 10 back in January we'd start going through the upper PG-13, low R movies. Back then, there wasn't PG-13 so low R is still suitable.

First stop, the Matrix Trilogy. They're still fun to watch if you don't take them so seriously. I'm not the type that tries to poke holes in every plot and then cast judgement so flippantly. Thankfully my son doesn't either and he loved them.

Hard to believe it's been 20 years already though...

Movies on our list:
Super 8 - check
Dumb & Dumber - check
Pacific Rim - check
Ghostbusters (orig) - check
Inception - check but it was a bit hard for him to follow

Still to come:
Pirates of the Caribbean series
Sherlock Holmes (RDJ & JL)
Big Trouble in Little China - (classic)
And we're going back through the older Marvel in order, Iron Man, Cpt America, Thor, etc...
Starting on the X-Men series, in order

Re: Totally Accurate Battle Simulator Early Access
Apr 1, 2019, 15:07
Re: Totally Accurate Battle Simulator Early Access Apr 1, 2019, 15:07
Apr 1, 2019, 15:07

What is going on at 0:29?

There gotta be a lawsuit or something after getting manhandled in the manhood like that.

Re: How to watch the live stream for today’s Apple keynote.
Mar 25, 2019, 14:44
Re: How to watch the live stream for today’s Apple keynote. Mar 25, 2019, 14:44
Mar 25, 2019, 14:44

Easy...
1.) Open browser of choice.
2.) Go to Youtube.com
3.) Watch random Fortnite "Let's Play" videos.
4.) Become 1000 times more educated than any of the brainless sheep watching the Apple keynote.

And there you have the answer to 'Where did social media go wrong?'

Re: etc.
Feb 19, 2019, 21:50
Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 21:50
Feb 19, 2019, 21:50

Nope, literally 100% of white people have white privilege.

Think of white privilege as this. All things being easier

I'm not white, my wife is. We have had the same opportunities, it's about effort, making good life choices, and not making excuses. It's an illusion and a crutch. You know literally nothing about me so throwing 100%'s out there is pretty ballsy. Calling you out on that.

Using an RPG as an example is incredibly weak as the game has limitations to make it fair for everyone playing. How is that anything like real life? You can max out on all attributes if you put in the effort. Blaming someone else's good looks or charisma as a reason for your bad circumstances or "luck" is just sad.

People get dealt a bad hands all the time, it's how you handle it that builds your character or, better yet, learn from other's mistakes so it doesn't happen to you.

This is getting so off-topic and going nowhere as apparently I've somehow revealed my insecurity about women's menstruation cycles even though I've been married for 15 years, right....

Playing devil's advocate only gets you so far and I'm really not even sure who you're defending, do you? Other than the weak RPG example and claiming that there is 100% white privilege, your contribution to this conversation has been the equivalent of a limp handshake; lame.

BTW- I'd like for you to have a conversation with half of the homeless population here on the Austin streets panhandling who are white about their privilege. Apparently they don't know they have it and not taking advantage of it. Is there a website they can go to to cash in?

Dealing myself out, this table has gotten pretty cold. You're free to pat yourself on the back now.

Feb 19, 2019, 17:25
Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 17:25
Feb 19, 2019, 17:25

when you saw "menstrual haters" and felt it applied to you in any way.

Dude.. you're not getting it. Nobody is apologizing, it's an expectation of an apology to the 'victims' because they feel they're getting shamed when there's really nothing to show for it. Let's call this 'fake news' for the sake of giving it a name.

This can be in the same vein as the term 'white privilege' getting thrown around. It's said so much and used so nonchalantly to where it's become a truth for a lot of people. No, not every white person enjoys this so-called privilege but, hey, you have white skin, I'm guessing you got stuff the rest of us didn't. Right? BS. And to set the record straight, I'm not white.

So many people want to play the victim card. Just a bunch of hapless victims running around doing whatever they feel is right oblivious to reality.

So some girls felt like victims, made a game and doing TED talks making something out of nothing.

Side note: just saw a trailer for UglyDolls. Nice little message in it: "Find your own truth." What does that mean? Isn't truth truth? Or make your own truth based on what you feel. Yep, sounds pretty close to this nonsense.

Feb 19, 2019, 15:31
Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 15:31
Feb 19, 2019, 15:31

You read "menstrual haters" and interpreted it as "just being a guy"

I guess there's such a thing as 'menstrual haters'? What exactly is that? Is it someone who doesn't like the idea of menstruating when they, themselves (aka males) don't have to worry about it? Or is hating the gender that the menstruating happens to as a label for hating females?

Because I do a quick Google search and the only real result is that article. So please enlighten all of us how this is a thing?

What's interesting is that the results that come up next are articles consoling girls that it's okay to have a period and not hate themselves for it. Which basically goes back to my initial comment about having to apologize for things we're being accused of even when it's not even happening.

You can comment all you want but when my initial comment is responded to without fully reading what I said and more as a knee-jerk, who's problem is that? Not everyone has all the time in the world to write a novel to fully flesh out an opinion along with three sources as backup without people piling on. Sheesh...

If you think this means it's not OK for you to make comments, you are a snowflake.

And I really don't even know what this sentence means.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2019, 15:42.

Feb 19, 2019, 13:01
Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 13:01
Feb 19, 2019, 13:01

Yet, weirdly, super conservative white dudes are up in arms about it and, as you're doing, weirdly using it to justify your actions.

What actions have I taken? I wrote a comment.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the game; I'll be curious if it gets played or if it was made to make a headline.

I do care more about the justification through. Is there really an issue where there's this legion of guys, intimidated by the opposite sex, with a mission to shame women for this or are they creating the issue by making the game? The article references some weird game made in India which I can assure you does not represent men in general. I guess that's justification enough but that's all you have? An Indian game no one's every heard of? I'm going to need a little more than that.

I guess it's not okay to ask questions these days. Does me even asking the question make me misogynistic and a "snowflake, super conservative white guy" (which I'm not, BTW). See where I'm going here?

I guess I could make a game about how boys are being shamed for standing up while they pee while the evil girls laugh because they're taught to sit down because standing up is a yucky. And then use their tampon game for justification. I'm creating a non-issue just by saying it and making a game.

If it's a game geared towards girls that teaches about it since I guess parents don't parent anymore, then great. Based on the screenshot they give it seems more in line with shaming immature boys than teaching young girls. If it really is more than that, then the article needs to be rewritten.

Reddit commentors? Please... They're on par with Fox News, MSNBC and Facebook commentors.

Feb 19, 2019, 11:56
Re: etc. Feb 19, 2019, 11:56
Feb 19, 2019, 11:56

1. loot boxes should be outlawed.

2. to many women have gone completely libtard insane.

Don't regulate, just stop giving morons air-time. Shouldn't Darwin's Law start taking over at some point? No, regulations keep that from happening.

And who knew that just being a guy meant we were against a woman's normal bodily behavior they have no control over. Seems like we get blamed for things other women say to each other. Say something often enough...

Re: video was fantastic
Feb 15, 2019, 13:59
Re: video was fantastic Feb 15, 2019, 13:59
Feb 15, 2019, 13:59

If that was filmed today that room would need to be 3x as large to hold the ego's

Michael Jordan had one of the biggest egos in his prime, probably still does, but you still have to appreciate his game and what he meant to the sport.

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Kabal Trailer
Feb 7, 2019, 12:39
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Kabal Trailer Feb 7, 2019, 12:39
Feb 7, 2019, 12:39

I'm sure I'm late to the party and apparently too old at this point.

I've always known MK was pretty graphic but that just seemed a tad bit over the top for me. Hearing every bone break, popping out through the skin. The fatality, wow...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a market for this and I completely disagree with censorship. These things have ESRB ratings for a reason and if you like it, buy it; more power to you. Just tend to look at things through "parent lenses" now.

Don't know, even when I was younger I was more about leaving things to the imagination (don't need to see Mario's skin melting off his bones when he fell into lava), but when has MK ever done that?

My thought process through the trailer:
"Kabal and Subzero have little banter. Graphics have come a long way in fighting games. I like Subzero."
"Ha, he ran by him so fast he made subzero spin cartoon style, basically dazing him. That's fun."
"He just jammed his sword up through his head and the end poked out of his open mouth! Uh, ok, right, this is MK after all."
"Eyeballs and skin falling off of his skull while dragging him on the ground, ending with a sliced filet of Subzero. Yeah, I'm out..."

Re: Lovecraft's Untold Stories Released
Feb 1, 2019, 16:08
Re: Lovecraft's Untold Stories Released Feb 1, 2019, 16:08
Feb 1, 2019, 16:08

With graphics worse than Diablo 1... It's 2019, not the early 90s.

I do sometimes struggle with graphics quality. If the game plays well and is engaging, I'll overlook it (The Escape Cube games for example) but this one just looks so raw it becomes a distraction. Some pixelation is fine, but this looks like it was made for a Motorola Razr and ported to PC.

Re: Alice: Asylum (Alice 3) and Alice
Jan 29, 2019, 11:00
Re: Alice: Asylum (Alice 3) and Alice Jan 29, 2019, 11:00
Jan 29, 2019, 11:00

Was a big fan of the first one. I normally don't play through games multiple times but did for that one.

Actually just played Madness Returns for the first time just a few months ago. Didn't have much time when kids entered the picture and even then you have to be careful what you play with young, watchful eyes. It was enjoyable but didn't quite have the feel of the first one. To me it felt like a different game but did like the slipping in and out of what's real and what isn't.

I'd give it a shot, especially if it's exploring her fall from normalcy to deep psychological trauma as the game progresses. Even in the first game she says the Cat doesn't look the same as she remembers so to see them all change from maybe the bright color (somewhat Disney-ish) style of her innocence and changes to the heavy steampunk versions.

The style of Hatter, Mouse and Rabbit in the first one half mechanized always looked cool to me. I think I preferred the Hatter to be a bad guy between the two versions. Voice was definitely off in the second one. Two high-pitched and nasally.

It's been a while so glad to hear it's being done, just please don't make it exclusive to just PC or a single console.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2019, 09:05.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jan 21, 2019, 21:55
Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 21:55
Jan 21, 2019, 21:55

No, empathy meter is just fine, thanks.

Stable job, until it's not.

It's funny how small business owners have the "worst mindset", compared to who? People who willingly go into a job having a single focused skill set that doesn't translate to anything outside of their seemingly stable job so when said job is in jeopardy they have no where else to go? Sounds like my mindset has a better chance for a future, but okay.

To say something is "obvious" means you believe your opinion is shared by everyone. It's not, so don't use 'obvious' when you very well could be part of a very small vocal minority. But you wouldn't know.

209 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ] Older