Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
36. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 9, 2015, 02:15 Krovven

Flatline wrote on May 8, 2015, 11:51:
Tumbler wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:30:
It's bullshit. CDProject is engaging in anti competitive behavior because they want to be the only place to buy keys for the game online.

This is blatantly false: You can buy keys for W3 *all over the place*.

In fact, considering that GMG is eating the cost of the discount to intentionally spite CDPR and other key resellers, I'd say that it's GMG who is participating in anti-competitive behavior. That's classic monopoly behavior right there.

And to be frank we don't know what each side was requesting in a deal to resell keys. It's possible that GMG was asking for something in their deal that was completely unreasonable- extra discounts beyond what was offered to other people or exclusivity or something else like that. We really don't know why GMG was denied when like a dozen other resellers were approved. It suggests to me that something in doing business with GMG was unsavory to CDPR.

My guess originally was that CDPR didn't want GMG selling Witcher 3 with their discount codes, potentially making it cheaper than it is on GoG, regardless of owning previous Witcher games.

Prices I see here in Canada...I have both games on GoG and Steam.

GoG - $46.99 and $37.59 if you own both of the previous games.
GMG - $59.99 Voucher codes do work though, currently 20% making it $48.00
Steam - $59.99 and $47.99 if you own both of the previous games.
Origin - $66.49 (very odd regular price) and $59.84 preorder discount.

Pricing is all over the place, but GoG remains cheapest. GMG's little 35% off stunt was gone the next day. GoG's base price is $13 cheaper than anywhere else and the DLC is $5 cheaper than everywhere else.

Can't say with any certainty, but it kinda looks to me like CDPR is the one being anti-competitive. At least I got it free with my vid card.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews May 9, 2015, 00:20 Krovven

Task wrote on May 8, 2015, 18:05:
Well Conan's disclaimer for these is that he's not good at most of these games anyways. Publishers just pay him to expose some footage from their games is all even if he just talks and jokes randomly about it, and possibly? not really ever really play it later or maybe he does who knows.

He's said he isn't a gamer and doesn't play them. But maybe that's just part of the act.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2015, 18:56 Krovven

Razumen wrote on May 8, 2015, 15:52:
Krovven wrote on May 8, 2015, 15:27:
Task wrote on May 8, 2015, 10:04:
When I went to that article, I admit I read the first first paragraph and quit and then clicked on this other Valve article there instead:

Valve's flat structure leads to cliques, says ex-employee

No wonder they are lagging behind on game development; their production is all over the place like a hyperactive kid that doesn't know what to concentrate on. Jeri's group was working on VR-type hardware glasses, they get laid off, and then Valve announces their VR.
"Hmm, remember that group we fired... working on the VR?" - Employee 1
"Yeah?" - Employee 2
"Let's make the a VR thing now, it should be profitable now." Employee 1
"Hey guys, we need more people over on HL3," - HL3 employee
"Nah, that's not profitable right now," - Employee 1

Ever think of looking up the reason they were released instead of jumping to conclusions?

Valve had 2 different VR teams working on 2 different implementations. They stuck with one, releasing the other AND allowed that leaving team to take their tech with them and continue on their own. Despite the obvious conflict.

What company does that? A good one.

I don't know, Oculus and the Vive are pretty damn similar, and I wouldn't agree it's good business practice to let your employees leave with tech they developed under your roof and become competitors.

I honestly don't know much about the VR/AR options. I think it's a stupid niche thing like 3D glasses for gaming. I have zero interest in wearing headgear while I game, considering how much I do game.

But the AR that the other team was working on, works differently and does different things. Obviously Valve felt they weren't losing out on anything, even if that team did succeed.

I never said it was good or bad for business. I said that's how Valve does things. We also don't know the circumstances they began working on the project. Maybe one or more of the team came in with the concept that was their own and Valve just covered the R&D costs for a year. We don't really know. Valve made their choice and shockingly in this business they didn't screw the employees effected by it.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 16:15 Krovven

Dacron wrote on May 8, 2015, 10:21:
I always play with random pubs, I can't tell if incoming requests are from crew members or not so I just join a job I feel like playing.

Is there a way to tell the difference between pub and crew member invites?

Look at the list of Crew members online in the menu? Play with them, get to know names so you know if they are crew or not?

I'm a little jaded at this point when it comes to the Blues Crew. 125 Crew members and there is only a few of us on with any regularity (some console obviously, but I only see 1 console person on and it's always the same person). The others that come online never join invites or only play single player.

I've been inviting people I meet in Heist that play well and/or communicate, so at this point the active crew is beginning to be populated by people that don't even know what BluesNews is.

There are at least a few of us considering leaving to find an "active" Crew.

18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 16:06 Krovven

Dacron wrote on May 8, 2015, 09:54:
Krovven wrote on May 8, 2015, 02:05:
I've never once seen someone complain about heist payouts.

On the Pacific Job, I am level 60, 2 others at 30, host is level 15. We just ran him through all the set-ups, showing him the ropes (he was new, never done the heist).

Final day he sets himself at 70%, us at 10% each. 700k vs 100k. We all laugh and say no especially as he needs bigger guns for the escape firefight. He begins to cry, and whine on the mic this is what he wants, he wants more money he deserves it blah blah blah (Odd... he never used the mic until then...). I just left.

Was frustrating. Probably took an hour to get through it all to the final day. On the opposite side though, every other player has paid 20% on the final job, even had one toss 25% to everyone on all final days.

There are a few kids out there, but you can find decent players looking for heist members.

That sucks, but it's certainly not the norm.

The guy will NEVER find a crew to do the final heist with him for a 10% cut, unless they are his buddies and doing him a favor. So he loses 100% of the cut because he will never get it done.

The norm on any heist is 40%, 20%, 20%, 20%, and I have not see anyone do it differently.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2015, 15:27 Krovven

Task wrote on May 8, 2015, 10:04:
When I went to that article, I admit I read the first first paragraph and quit and then clicked on this other Valve article there instead:

Valve's flat structure leads to cliques, says ex-employee

No wonder they are lagging behind on game development; their production is all over the place like a hyperactive kid that doesn't know what to concentrate on. Jeri's group was working on VR-type hardware glasses, they get laid off, and then Valve announces their VR.
"Hmm, remember that group we fired... working on the VR?" - Employee 1
"Yeah?" - Employee 2
"Let's make the a VR thing now, it should be profitable now." Employee 1
"Hey guys, we need more people over on HL3," - HL3 employee
"Nah, that's not profitable right now," - Employee 1

Ever think of looking up the reason they were released instead of jumping to conclusions?

Valve had 2 different VR teams working on 2 different implementations. They stuck with one, releasing the other AND allowed that leaving team to take their tech with them and continue on their own. Despite the obvious conflict.

What company does that? A good one.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale
22. Re: Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale May 8, 2015, 15:16 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on May 8, 2015, 09:07:
I gave this game a try again after I got my GTX970, figured my 760 was not enough to run this game on high settings, but sadly it still runs like a slide show unless I turn most stuff down to medium.

It's not the 970. I've got a 970 and its silky smooth with majority of settings maxed.

Don't put the draw distance to max. Find the sweet spot for frame rate and visibility.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2015, 15:21.

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 02:05 Krovven

I've never once seen someone complain about heist payouts.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast May 7, 2015, 21:22 Krovven

This is a great cast!

If you can afford to get excellent actors...get them.

Jonathan Banks' voice fits Jim Gordon far better than Michael Gough's in Origins.

Conroy simply has the best Batman voice of anyone that has ever voiced him, including film.

John Noble...is absolutely amazing!

This comment was edited on May 7, 2015, 21:27.

5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 20:14 Krovven

The menus and matchmaking in general is poorly designed. But at least they work with Arrow keys and Enter which makes navigating them quick.

The Heists themselves are excellent and a lot of fun.

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 19:27 Krovven

I just saw a lime green Charger at the store an thought, that guy must have completed the Online Stunt Jump requirement to get that color.

What's wrong with me?!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 7, 2015, 19:16 Krovven

While I enjoyed the AC2 series (3 games), the gameplay isn't deep enough and I was always very bored by the end of each game.

I haven't tried any since Brotherhood or Revelations. Forget which was last. But I have no real interest in playing any of the others that have been on yearly release.

If they were 3 years apart, I might still want to play them.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
17. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 7, 2015, 15:11 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2015, 14:23:
Conservatives pass controversial anti-terror bill Bill C-51

Canada gets its version of the Patriot Act. I'm curious what Cutter and Mashiki (and our other Canadian friends) think of this?

I think that Harper has been trying to squeeze every last bit of anti-freedom bullshit he can out of parliament before he gets voted out.

Not that I think Trudeau is a great option...but better than this idiot.

I'm just hoping Trudeau undoes much of what Harper has done in the last couple of years.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Beta
15. Re: GOG Galaxy Beta May 6, 2015, 17:10 Krovven

Signed up for beta yesterday morning and I still haven't received the email with instructions

News Comments > GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles
6. Re: GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles May 6, 2015, 00:28 Krovven

The vendor I used "lost" 1 of the SATA cables and 3 metal drive trays that should have come with the MB and case. They are still looking into it.

I just emailed them asking for an update and asking if I can get this code as I just got my 970. Here's hoping

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 4, 2015, 02:15 Krovven

I'm really kind of torn on this. The first 3 games were great, and I've never payed full price for them. Even now this would be 23% off on GMG.

I only ever got the DLC for the previous games after they were released and honestly I hardly touched any of them. Most were Challenge maps and I didn't have a lot of interest in those.

The DLC listed this time around seems to be a lot of single player story stuff, which interests me far more. The price, I'm not so sure about.

As a side note, WB is also not gouging the Canadians and asking $70 like other AAA titles are lately. I'll likely preorder Arkham Knight closer to release and depending on the discount at GMG I may grab it all, mostly to support these guys that have made a great series.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 4, 2015, 00:41 Krovven

Backup the GTA folder. Uninstall it from Steam. Copy the folder backup to where you want it now. Install the game from Steam to the new location. If it doesn't recognise the existing files you could try starting the install first, closing Steam while its downloading, copy the folder over and load Steam up.

Generally one of these methods will work, but I don't know if it will work for GTA.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 15:25 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on May 2, 2015, 15:16:
Ugh, don't bother setting Social Club to offline mode if you intend to use the stock market. It won't be available!

Also, the pedestrian and vehicle settings don't seem to make any difference, unless I'm using the wrong values (higher is more)?

BAWSAQ is the "online" stock market.

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 14:55 Krovven

descender wrote on May 2, 2015, 12:16:
VSync is NOT your friend

lol what? vsync works just fine. And I wouldn't want to play without it.

26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 14:53 Krovven

You mean this one?

grand-theft-auto-v-nvidia-tweak-guide

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo