Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
134. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 30, 2015, 15:56 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 16:55:
Krovven wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 16:41:
So first you said you don't promote your game while publicly trashing Star Citizen, when proven wrong it sounds like you are admitting it, but it's your blog, so that's ok? It's actually not.

I was a backer for $930. Out of curiosity how much did you back for?

I didn't. Not sure why I have to repeatedly state this every single time. I have no interest in Star Citizen due to it's business model. I think it's a scam. People are crazy to be spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this game of promises, let alone any game.

This does not mean that Chris Roberts is beholden to the "backers". Only $2 million was made on Kickstarter. The rest has been from fools throwing him money on their website. It's not a public company. They don't owe anyone full disclosure. Should they be questioned? Sure. Don't expect answers. It's as simple as, don't be an idiot and buy their $900 ship designs. But it's way too late for that, the damage is done.

Derek Smart has no business going on this vendetta of his to bring CIG and everyone inside of it down. It's a direct conflict of interest, has gone way beyond the point of obsession and he's attacking individuals inside of the company directly damaging many of those peoples lives over this witch hunt of his. This personal conflict shit happens every day in companies and CIG is not special in that regard. In this case, it's an outside individual stirring the pot that arguably has something to gain from the failure of Star Citizen (that's a whole other topic). It's none of his business and at the very least he should have ended his crusade when they refunded his donation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

120. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 28, 2015, 16:41 Krovven

dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 20:29:
Krovven wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 17:36:
dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 15:24:
Note that they are quick to accuse me of "promoting LOD when bashing SC", yet, they are the ones who keep bringing up LOD in their arguments. Go figure.

You must think people are pretty stupid and will just believe anything you say. Your blog is full of entries talking about your game while railing on RSI. There's so many I don't even need to bother linking them.

Oh right, "my blog". 'nuff said

So first you said you don't promote your game while publicly trashing Star Citizen, when proven wrong it sounds like you are admitting it, but it's your blog, so that's ok? It's actually not.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
41. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 27, 2015, 18:45 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 18:20:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 16:06:
Why not just reveal it after all of this time? Why would you care if anyone rags on you about it? It'll hardly be the worst thing anyone has ever said, and you're certainly not one to give a fuck right?

Is this going to turn into something like Obama's birth certificate? Please don't turn this into that. You know what's going to happen. People will take whatever image Derek provides as proof, go all Photoshop on it and release it to the public with all sorts of bullshit.

Instead people should ask Sandi to provide HER diplomas. She claims to have more than couple from different schools. She claims to be co-creator of Star Citizen (so where is her tech school degrees or samples of games she's worked on). She's the VP of Marketing. She's front and center for a 89 million dollar company. She has an ethical responsibility to be truthful with Backers. Do you know why she can't produce a single diploma or show an example of a game she worked on? She has NONE. The interviews where she said she had these diplomas is a LIE.

And you don't see the irony in demanding to see her credentials, when Derek Smart refuses to give his?

Last I checked, it's not a public company and they can hire whomever they want as VP of Marketing, credentials or not. Nepotism is certainly not unique to CIG, nor is it illegal. Public (that as a good typo!) harassment, as DSmart did us the favor of pointed out on the blog post he linked, is illegal.

The world is full of people in jobs they do not have the credentials for.

I've linked this before, but here it is again.

though we still don’t even if know yet if that is her real maiden name; as in this reality show from her filmography, she’s called Mandy

It's not a reality show. It was a movie from 2007. There is nothing shady going on there. But that's not what DSmart claims in his blog about it.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2015, 18:58.

111. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 27, 2015, 17:36 Krovven

dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 15:24:
Note that they are quick to accuse me of "promoting LOD when bashing SC", yet, they are the ones who keep bringing up LOD in their arguments. Go figure.

You must think people are pretty stupid and will just believe anything you say. Your blog is full of entries talking about your game while railing on RSI. There's so many I don't even need to bother linking them.

39. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 27, 2015, 17:28 Krovven

dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 15:38:
Krovven wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 05:39:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 19:13:
Krovven wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 16:02:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 01:10:
I don't know David Swofford so I have no reason the doubt him but he does work for a man who is a known, documented liar.

Derek Smart is a known and documented liar. But you've picked your poison.

I have written evidence of Chris Roberts lying. I have no evidence of Derek Smart lying. So let's see your evidence. By the way speaking brutal truth isn't lying.

He lied about his PhD. He was caught by Blue using multiple forum accounts to make posts supporting his nonsense. One of his blog posts recently attacking Erin Roberts suggested she had used a false name in the past and used a clip of a movie where she was called by another name as evidence. He is a nutjob.

I don't read the vast majority of the bile he puts out to the public, but I'd have no doubt believing there is plenty more.

1) I didn't lie about anything of the sort. I chose not to reveal the source to a bunch of Internet clowns. If you must know, I now have two. Yeah, I know, shocking. The last person who did that, ended up in court, staring at a judge. Nice try.

2) I don't use alt accounts. Never did. Ego won't even allow that.

3) Erin Roberts is Chris Roberts brother. He is male. You're thinking of Sandi Roberts, Chris's wife. An ex-actress, who was in a "reality" show using a fake name. (Tip: reality shows tend to use real names)

You can't even get anything right. So sit down. And shut up. Let the big boys talk.

Only thing I got wrong was the name, and that was because I had Erin in my head from the other blog and I typed that at 2:30 in the morning before passing out.

As for you posting under false names. I'll take Blues word over yours every day of the week, others around here know about it too. And I don't feel like wasting my time digging through the history just to shove it in your face.

Regarding your PhD, there is no reason to believe you on your word. Not sure I've ever met anyone not willing to state their source of the PhD or talk about their thesis. You are absolutely right though, it is nobodies business. In this case however it's a very perfect parallel
to your personal attacks against CIG employees and making their private documents public. Especially those questions you had of someones credentials and questioning them not wanting to release them.

Happy witch hunting. Looking forward to the day they slap you with a dozen or so lawsuits.

32. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 27, 2015, 05:39 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 19:13:
Krovven wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 16:02:
I don't know David Swofford so I have no reason the doubt him but he does work for a man who is a known, documented liar.

I have written evidence of Chris Roberts lying. I have no evidence of Derek Smart lying. So let's see your evidence. By the way speaking brutal truth isn't lying.

He lied about his PhD. He was caught by Blue using multiple forum accounts to make posts supporting his nonsense. One of his blog posts recently attacking Erin Roberts suggested she had used a false name in the past and used a clip of a movie where she was called by another name as evidence. He is a nutjob.

I don't read the vast majority of the bile he puts out to the public, but I'd have no doubt believing there is plenty more.

23. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 26, 2015, 16:02 Krovven

74. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 16:09 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 15:54:
There's no insults there at all.

No point in reading any further or taking anything you say seriously. You insult people then feign innocence. /facepalm

67. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 15:41 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 15:17:
Krovven wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 15:10:

Lol are you being serious or just stupid? Don't like insults? Should have thought of that before you threw the first one whend you responded to my post.

Never mind the fact you obviously missed the sarcasm and irony in my post. But this is what Derek Smart defenders do I guess.
All ready to fling the shit but can't take it when it's coming their way.

Yes, pointing out the fallacy between comparing accountability from a CROWD FUNDED, KICKSTARTER'D game vs one in EARLY ACCESS naturally means I should be insulted (the logic...). And pointing out those facts surely makes me a DS defender.

You have a problem with he man, so you feel your words and insults to anyone who disagrees are justified.

Stop being so petty. I mean I know -I- always call others names who I disagree with. Btw, you are more than welcome to show me insulting you.

So this isn't an insult, not just to me, but pretty much anyone that disagrees with you in this thread?

Dacron wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 14:23:
I swear, some of you are in such a emotional state that to hurl out insults you'll dumb down your thinking to make it so.

Having to actually point this out to you only shows how you are the emotional one as you aren't even aware of what you said, or how you said it.

You made the attack on my post which was full of sarcasm and irony and then treating it like it's something serious. You are the emotional one.

If you fail to see the irony of a developer with a shit game (still in Early Access) that nobody plays and nobody cares about, that is spending the majority of his time publicly and maliciously attacking another company, when he should be working on his own game...then I simply can't help you.

Someone somewhere spent money on Line of Defense at some point. So when Derek Smart is spending all this time investigating and writing long winded blog posts slandering another company...that's time not spent working on his own game.

56. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 15:10 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 14:43:
Makes a terrible comparison, calls me a mouth breathing moron.

Claims he isn't emotional as he launches a personal attack.

Whatever you say chief. You keep tossing out comments filled with your hate and vitriol. Maybe try hitting the mark though.

Lol are you being serious or just stupid? Don't like insults? Should have thought of that before you threw the first one whend you responded to my post.

Never mind the fact you obviously missed the sarcasm and irony in my post. But this is what Derek Smart defenders do I guess.
All ready to fling the shit but can't take it when it's coming their way.

52. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 14:39 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 14:23:
Krovven wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 14:13:
How's Line of Defense doing? Both games still at 0 players? Of course.

If we could find someone that actually paid money, maybe they can start an investigation to see if Derek Smart misappropriated funds to pay for his investigation witch hunt on CIG.

Who am I kidding. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Line of Defense.
This is why he has nothing better to do with his time.

misappropriated funds? What funds? There was no kick starter... no crowd funding. He made a product and sold it. he can fucking do with his money as he pleases. Regardless of the product was shit or not, steam has a refund system in place for those who feel they were burned.

I swear, some of you are in such a emotional state that to hurl out insults you'll dumb down your thinking to make it so.

It's still in Early Access and still has rules to abide by. Other games have been pulled from Steam for failure to advance development.

I wasn't actually being serious about investigating Line of Defense for misappropriated funds you mouth breathing moron. Are you incapable of seeing the parallel stupidity, which was the entire point?

This has nothing to do with emotion. I have no vested interest in Star Citizen, despise their business model and simply won't support it.

Being a Kickstarter does not put a special target on Star Citizen/CIG that gives Derek Smart the right to attack the company and it's employees, posting private personal information about their employees, etc.

43. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 14:13 Krovven

How's Line of Defense doing? Both games still at 0 players? Of course.

If we could find someone that actually paid money, maybe they can start an investigation to see if Derek Smart misappropriated funds to pay for his investigation witch hunt on CIG.

Who am I kidding. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Line of Defense.
This is why he has nothing better to do with his time.

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
25. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 25, 2015, 02:57 Krovven

Woohoo. Finally got a Ramaladni's Gift to put on the ancient Boulder Breaker. Rearranged my gear to the Immortal Kings 6pc and Wastes 2pc setup. After 7 attempts, finally got rank 60 completed. Enough of pushing that greater rift shit this season until they fix it. Now to get the last few things done for the final Season Journey category.

22. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 21:34 Krovven

Rhialto wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 18:51:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 13:19:
Rhialto wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 12:33:
Nothing for me then... I would have prefered the cow portal.
Cow portals aren't anything special, but regardless, you can open one yourself at any time by placing a Bovine Bardiche (legendary polearm) into the Cube.
I was talking about the "Not the cow level" event in May. Is it the same as this?

That is what you get for using a Bovine Bardiche in the Cube. This however contains the Cow Queen. The random Cow Rift level has an event in it that looks like the Jar of Souls event room. Doing this will spawn the Cow King. They however removed the achievement for killing the Cow King (when they did the cow event) and made it a Feat of Strength; which is really lame, as I never got the Cow Rift prior to Season 4 and I was "on a break" when they did the cow level event and wasn't interested anyways as they had removed the achieve.

Both the Cow level and Greed's Domain are a fun short break and a good source of materials. But they have already lost their luster on me. I keep Puzzle Rings, but I don't bother keeping Bardiche's anymore as they take up too much space.

The amount of gold coming into the game is ridiculous now. 2nd season I think I had 500-700 mil at the end (this amount seemed reasonable). 3rd season I had 1.5 bil. This season I already have over 3 billion with the end of the season nowhere in sight.

21. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 21:25 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 18:25:
Krovven wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 13:33:
Uhh it's not daily. Not that ypu can see this because you have me ignored. Do each one labelled Bonus and the next one will now be the Bonus. So on and so forth. If you are doing it right you should get 10 caches per run. With the bonus it will be 20.

8? I thought max cache drops was 4 at T7, then with bonus cache it's another 4. Did they change that?

Lemme check... 4 + 4... yup still equals 8 That's the number of materials you get from the caches in an act.

And by 10 and 20 I was referring to the number of caches you get. 5 acts, 2 per act makes 10. Double that, makes 20.

So we should be getting 16 materials per act for the weekend event.

I don't really need them anymore, but I'm going to use the bonus to stock up to carry over to non-season. Plus I need Forgotten Souls and the bounty caches are a fantastic source for useless Legendaries

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2015, 21:39.

16. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 18:06 Krovven

Thought they changed it to level 20 awhile back, but maybe Im mistaken. The website does say level 13.

Players on Starter Edition game licenses have the following restrictions:

Cannot progress past the Skeleton King.
Can only create up to 4 characters.
Level 13 cap.
Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players.

14. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 17:43 Krovven

Hump wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 17:24:
how about offering a free weekend period?

Its impossible to pirate the damned game so how about allowing folks to try the game out to see if its worth buying at all?

You can play the game for free to level 20. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

12. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 14:41 Krovven

They really need to fix Greater Rifts. Very few tilesets are being used in Greater Rifts and they are all narrow cave/passage tilesets. ie: Westmarch (the worst), Halls of Agony, Corvus, and Caves (more than 1 type). To make matters worse, the density in these maps is generally brutally bad.

I've completed a rank 59 Greater Rift with my WW Barb and after 40(?) keys I still haven't had a decent Grift for 60. I have had a few, but they went bad on the next level. I just want 60 for Season Journey. then I'm done pushing Grifts. Grift progress relying entirely on RNG for mob type and pylons in order to complete and now they don't have open maps in Grifts...fuck that.

I've been trying to level the gems I'm using to 60 so I've been running rank 58. The swing in "RNG" is ridiculous. Rifts that would be impossible to complete due to lack of density, or it's half decent, but you get no pylons, or you have a great level, with mob type, density, pylons, get way ahead and then hit a wall on the next level. I've gone from completing rank 58 grifts with 8min remaining to having to just quit out because I'm so far behind.

Champ boss and elite pack health still needs to be tuned down some. you have to skip Champs, unless they die chasing you. Mobs with more health need to massively increase your progress and get rid of the progress globes in Greater Rifts. They aren't needed and just slow the player down. They were supposedly fixing the issue with fishing for Grifts and all they did was make it worse.

As a side note...really happy that several of the popular and known cheaters were banned yesterday. Good riddance. Now if Blizzard can stop promoting known cheaters on Twitter (like they were Gabynator, who got banned)...

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2015, 14:47.

10. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 13:33 Krovven

nin wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 10:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 10:27:
Hrm, good, I can burn through the cube hopefully and get all these crappily rolled legendaries taking up inventory space extracted.

I'm having the same issue. Normally I'd just toss them, but now they're filling up the stash quickly.

I can never seem to get act 5 to be the daily/double cache, so I'm always short on that material.

Ignored Sep 24, 2015, 10:32 Luke

To view this user's posts click on the username.

What's that little guy???? More tears, I'm sure...

Uhh it's not daily. Not that ypu can see this because you have me ignored. Do each one labelled Bonus and the next one will now be the Bonus. So on and so forth. If you are doing it right you should get 10 caches per run. With the bonus it will be 20.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2015, 19:55 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 19:14:
So Bladerunner 2 is pretty much never going to happen now.

It is happening but Scott isn't directing. Denis Villeneuve is directing.

Darkhorizons.com search Blade Runner. 2 stories this month. It's bugging out copying links on my phone.

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo