Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
138. Re: removed Nov 20, 2015, 05:32 Krovven

Blue wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 11:36:
Krovven wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 17:38:
Because that's the way Blue rolls. He lets backhanded passive aggressive insults fly left and right from folks like nin and Creston. But if someone just comes out and uses a single word like "asshole" or "dick" as an insult, it gets removed.

So you know the rules. Should I take the number of deleted posts on your account as the results of some sort of IQ test?

Now there's a passive/aggressive insult for you.

That's just the way I roll.

Only pussies hide behind passive aggressive insults.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
21. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 05:25 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 02:55:
My worst gripe is the ridiculous performance of this graphically mediocre looking game, especially around large clusters of buildings. There's just no excuse. The Witcher runs fucking flawless. There's just no excuse.

Have you done the ini tweaks? I'm at a solid 60fps (no drops ever) with Enhanced Wasteland gfx mod and everything set to max.

Whereas Witcher 3 I was 55fps before they started the endless stream of patches and have since lost 10fps.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
22. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 05:21 Krovven

Asmodai wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 04:54:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 03:07:
I was playing it yesterday, and it was running really well. So I fired up nvidia inspector and was surprised to see that the second card was doing nothing. I had everything turned up to max except interactive smoke/fog. Now that I know that they won't add SLI support, I'm gonna set that second card as physx and try the smoke/fog on.

I'm annoyed that they aren't adding support for it. Currently, ARK and Rocket League also lack SLI support, but you guys aren't losing your shit over that every time there's a post about either game. Why not? Because you're all SO EXCITED to have a punching bag, that's why. They didn't completely fix the game, no. But it runs super smoothly on a single 970 (and over 12gb of ram), which is quite acceptable.

Face it, nothing will ever, ever be enough with this game for you guys. It could cause money to spontaneously appear in your wallet every time you played and all you'd say is "remember how broken it was when it came out? fuck those guys!". I got it free, so there's no refund for me anyway, but in its CURRENT state, I'd have been happy with it. Launch? Fuck no, but they DID make it (mostly) right. It's in far better shape than Unity was left in, or ACS is in right now, but you guys aren't losing your fucking minds over that. Why not?

Edit: you guys are poking a LITTLE at ACS, but nowhere NEAR at Arkham Knight levels. You're all looking at possible fixes, not condemning the devs.

I'm just going to leave this here. Enjoy your feeling of moral superiority ya bunny...

https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=326

Make sure you pay close attention to the co-host playing the combat section (on a gamepad mind you). Feel free to watch the rest of the vid as well if you really feel like exposing yourself to another view of the game...

Then tell us again that the only problem with the game is that it's current state is "mostly right". It's shovelwear with Batman, but as long as people are willing to eat shit sandwiches and call em BLT's, guess it doesn't matter... ; )

Have YOU played the game? Or do you just open up and swallow WorthABuy's shit?

15. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 00:12 Krovven

effbee wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 20:48:
I've had no problems on my GeForce 970, except the LOD problem at the quarry.

Generally, saving and reloading the game fixes that from what I've read. It happened to me, I just also decided to install the Enhanced Wasteland graphics preset from Nexus when I got that bug, so I did save and reload, I just added a gfx mod at the same time. Haven't had a graphics issue since.

4. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2015, 19:33 Krovven

I thought they already released the "first beta patch" and the only fix was a sound issue. So this will be the second first beta patch?  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
26. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 17:42 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 08:19:
Movingalong Ah huh, keep telling yourself that, Krovven. Then at least one person will believe you...

=-Rigs-=

You don't even make sense. Go back to vegging out on your meds.

134. Re: removed Nov 16, 2015, 17:38 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 16:20:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 21:19:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 16, 2015, 07:29.

I really don't want to wake old fires but... I read his comment. I'm baffled that it's removed :\ It was nothing.

Because that's the way Blue rolls. He lets backhanded passive aggressive insults fly left and right from folks like nin and Creston. But if someone just comes out and uses a single word like "asshole" or "dick" as an insult, it gets removed.

128. removed Nov 15, 2015, 21:19 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 16, 2015, 07:29.

19. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 20:56 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:41:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:11:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 18:10:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:19:
Bubicus wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:11:
Yeah, they changed it to Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge.

Still showing that one for me as well (Red Alert 2 + YR has been free 'On The House' since mid September by the way). No Jade Empire to be seen anywhere (don't personally give a shit).

Well you gave enough of a shit to go looking for it and then post about it.

I got the game on Steam, dude. I only checked out of curiosity because of the reported issues.

Yet, you still cared enough to go look and post about it...and post about it again.

Keep poking that hornets nest, Krovven, I'm sure gold will fall out of it at some point... Pokestick

=-Rigs-=

Not difficult to figure out that I was intentionally poking because his actions contradict his statement.
Much like I don't care what you have to say, I don't care if I'm irritating an idiot troll. It's just not a concern I have.

11. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 19:11 Krovven

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 18:10:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:29:

Still showing that one for me as well (Red Alert 2 + YR has been free 'On The House' since mid September by the way). No Jade Empire to be seen anywhere (don't personally give a shit).

I got the game on Steam, dude. I only checked out of curiosity because of the reported issues.

Yet, you still cared enough to go look and post about it...and post about it again.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
71. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Nov 15, 2015, 18:59 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 18:04:
Also, remove fusion cores from power armor in your camp. If you leave a core in it, the entire suit can be stolen by NPCs.

Good to know!

126. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 15, 2015, 18:37 Krovven

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 04:09:
So yeah, here's some tips for Fallout 4 that I've found or read about:

- Pressing the E key is the same as pressing the Enter key in most prompts.

- Holding down Shift and using WASD is the same as using the arrow keys in certain menus. Very handy in Build mode.

- Holding down the E key when you have an object selected in Build mode will allow you to use the mouse wheel to raise/lower the object as well as decrease the spin and movement speed of said object.

- Dogmeat (and other companions) can equip certain gear if you trade it with him and get him to equip it (T key). From a quick test, so far Dogmeat can equip welding goggles, bandanas and various dog collars. Saw a screenshot of him armored up so some armors might work.

- Holding down Tab turns on the Pipboy light/Power Armor Headlamp.

- Vegetable Starch is the answer for all your Adhesive needs.

Good list. Most I had already figured out. This is the kind of stuff that is just baffling as to how Bethesda never explains these things.

Another is while viewing the Pip Boy, tap Right Mouse to zoom in slightly, tapping again zooms out.

Holding down Right Mouse Button while in this view and moving the mouse around...moves his whole arm around. I don't know what purpose this serves, just something I came across by accident last night.

125. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 15, 2015, 18:05 Krovven

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 22:23:
Task wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 20:53:
It's a problem for ME as a consumer in trying to hold hope that they will improve their weaknesses

Yep, nice try to shift the goal posts.

and not excelling at being a compelling 'rpg' is definitely a problem I see for the future of Bethesda games -

It's a problem for ME as a consumer

Try to remember what you said, it helps when you attempt to make a point.

Way to be an ass though.

Quit whining. You've been vomiting on every Fallout 4 thread from the top of your precious little ivory tower on how much more advanced you are than all the plebes that are actually having fun in the game. Then when you get called out on your nonsensical statements re: Bethesda, waaaaah mommy.

Fallout 3 outsold Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics combined. Fallout 4 has already outsold FO3. Skyrim has outsold both FO3 and FO4 combined. (for now)

That you personally are disappointed that FO3 and 4 have little to do with FO1 and 2 is understandable. I don't particularly share that viewpoint, but I can see why people would feel that way. Same for Skyrim when compared to Morrowind.

But quit it with your inane statements how this is somehow a bad decision on Bethesda's part. They can't hear you over the piles of money clogging up their ears anyway.

Your entire argument seems to be based on their financial success from FO3 and Skyrim. Is it not allowed to be critical of popular games that their developer never seems to learn from or improve upon their poorly designed and often buggy systems?

"We sold 50 million, so we don't need to fix bugs or make our UI better." It's a fucking stupid argument.

7. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 17:29 Krovven

News Comments > StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer
17. Re: StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2015, 18:09 Krovven

shihonage wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 16:47:
Starcraft 2 came out in 2010. The campaign was fun, but sadly not cooperative. Then I forgot about it.

There are tons of cooperative game mods. For the campaign, no. But plenty of others.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans
18. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 9, 2015, 02:18 Krovven

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 23:54:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 18:10:
Krovven wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 22:42:
Enjoying the Witch a bit more, but it really sucks when you find a skill you really like, but the only way you can change to that build is by restarting a new character or buying a large amount of passive refund points.
Yes, this is one of the main issues with PoE as far as I am concerned.

I haven't seen it as a very big deal. You get 6 respec points from missions in each difficulty level (Normal/Cruel/Merciless), so that's 18 there, and by that time you've probably collected a dozen or so regret orbs too. If your build is so screwed that that's not enough, then you probably should start over and try to learn a little more about what makes a good build.

You don't have to min-max to get into the endgame content. You just have to make a reasonably solid build. That won't get you into the highest level content, but it will help you learn the game, and you'll be doing the low to medium level maps.

If you want to just grind out a character without having to learn much or make any real decisions about it, then you'd probably be happier with D3. That's why it's nice that there are games that cater to different types of gamers.

There's a difference between learning the game and finding you don't like a skill much, or you find one that is just more fun to use. A new player should not get "screwed" at all while they are learning the game. Majority of people don't want to spend X number of hours getting to level 35-40+ with whatever skill and tree selections to match, only to find, it's not that fun, or not that powerful.

The Witch Arc guide actually says to level up using Fire skills Firestorm and Fire Totem (I think), even though you are dropping all your points into Lightning to use Arc later. How fucked up is that when other elemental skills are more powerful than your "endgame build" even though you are putting points into a different damage element? After getting to the point of using Arc and supporting it with the other gems...I still preferred Firestorm and it still killed faster than Arc did generally...what if I had put the focus on Fire element dmg instead?

I've still got a long way to get at the end game...but if I'm running into that issue now, do I want to spend another 20hrs to find out I prefer something different entirely?

There are some serious design issues and playability issues that are a problem and why I'll stick with D3 most of the time when choosing between the two.

12. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 22:42 Krovven

Ok, long post incoming...

Here is a full recap (with images) on Diablofans

Seasons...I never intended to play them...but turns out, I really enjoy them. I don't push to compete on the leaderboards and I don't think most people should even consider that as a reason to play Seasons. You will not compete unless you sink a large amount of time into playing specific ways, min/maxing gear for those tasks (ie: farming Xp for Paragon levels). I could have 600 Paragon and almost identical gear to someone that has 1300 Paragon. The difference is massive. To get that much Paragon is time consuming, or you have to use a bot and risk getting banned. I already feel like I spend way too many hours playing D3...I'm not going to spend even more time.

5 major problems exist that prevents me from enjoying the game once I hit the Greater Rift "wall".
- Paragon level (see above paragraph) I also think they should cap Season Paragon at 800, but it still accumulates to be added to non-season. This would greatly increase the competition by way of skill on the leaderboards, rather than Paragon level.
- Lag in high end Greater Rifts (especially in groups)
- Cave type tile sets have poor density and are the norm, at least in this season, the open map tile sets for Greater Rifts seem extremely rare.
- To really push high end greater rifts, you are fishing for particular combinations of tile set and monster type combo's.
- Grinding out legendary gem levels on high rank Greater Rifts for a low percentage chance to upgrade them.
- Snapshots. This makes 6, almost forgot. The stupid "snapshot" damage system that was introduced and works better for some classes than others and of course there is no way for casuals to know about it unless they watch the pros vids.

Around rank 40 in Season 2 & 3 was my wall, where it stopped being fun and became a chore. This season, it's around rank 58-60.
I got my Barbarian to 58 and then had to change some gear and build (to IK-Wastes/Rend build, from Wastes WW build) in order to complete a rank 60. It wasn't a build or playstyle I enjoyed, so I immediately switched back and basically was done with pushing Greater Rifts. I also poked away at an Uliana's Monk with a no-crit chance version of the build.

I completed the Season Journey, and there are very few Season Journey steps that can't be completed solo. Some are just made easier in groups.

The last thing I needed for Season Journey was a lvl 70 HC toon. I hate leveling 1 to 70, even in Standard, I generally get a boost...so I did the same from a random HC guy from one of the communities in the game. I ended up playing HC Demon Hunter for awhile. My profile is here with the near perfect rolls for an Ancient Yang's Recurve Bow. One thing to keep in mind, all my seasonal toons progress was all completed within a month (roughly) of season start.

As for playing Season vs Non-Season...the main reason is being removed with the new gear not being season specific next Season. If they do change the Stash tabs, then that leaves only the cosmetic items as incentive to play Seasons. Turns out, because it's so easy to get geared up now, I kinda like starting over. I can be 70, with a full set of gear in 15hrs or depending on luck. It's mostly become a preference now, I'd rather spend 50 hrs playing a new toon (and getting the cosmetic bonuses, than spending 50 hours to get 1 small upgrade on my non-season toon.

OK, NEW STUFF!

I want those Wings I hope the Set Dungeon Challenges are not Season specific (I think a lot of people will be pissed if they are). This will get me to play some classes that I haven't yet. Looking forward to trying out the Melee Demon Hunter and some of the other revamped sets. 3 new zones (hopefully not lagfests like Cesspools tileset was when it was first added). Lots of nice Quality of Life changes coming, too many too list, but graphic for Death's breaths and change to Buff icons, being among the top.

Not sure Bounties are going to be any less boring to play. I do the bare minimum to have materials to add gear to the Cube. Other than that I avoid them. The bounty bag bonus even this season really helped with that. Grind out Bounties for 3 days and tons of materials to hold me over for awhile.

So basically I play like a madman for the first month of a season, then take a break and play other stuff and pick away at D3 off and on.

During this break I finally played Path of Exile long enough to get beyond the extremely painful and clunky first 20 levels. They really need to redo the art in the starting area so it doesn't look 15 years old.

I have a long way to go, but finished the game on Normal with a Tornado shot Ranger, despite following a guide, was extremely weak against bosses, but could tear through trash no problem. Slowly picking away at an Arc Witch and think I'm just in act 3 on Normal. So I've got a long way to go before seeing the real meat of the game, but I've already gotten bored of it. Lvl 40 ranger having troubles with bosses and the rinse-repeat non-sense (like D2) design of it when I have no problem killing anything else. The game is slow and clunky, but gets better once you get more movement speed. The biggest issue I think I have is the skills are not responsive at all. I may have to press a skill button 3 (or hold it down for a couple seconds) before it activates...which by then it could very well be too late. Changing from moving to attacking or vice versa, etc, there is always a lag time and it's annoying as fuck. This is an issue in several boss fights, where you are in a small arena and basically there is just massive damage spam all over the arena. I already don't do a lot of damage to bosses, and I can't move quickly to respond to immediate threats...it just adds up to frustration and a lot of 1 shot deaths.

Enjoying the Witch a bit more, but it really sucks when you find a skill you really like, but the only way you can change to that build is by restarting a new character or buying a large amount of passive refund points. I'll be picking away at Path of Exile, but I find the control response and lack of freedom to change builds easily a big problem when it comes to using my time.

Edit: Added video link to explain Snapshots

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2015, 23:07.

9. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 21:38 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 21:16:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 20:50:
Meh... they are pushing this Seasons nonsense so hard,

I dunno I got the opposite reaction from this patch. They are removing seasonal only legendary items which was one of the huge draws of season.

I think that's great overall, but it's contradictory to them making the Stash Tab unlocks Season only, right after they said the new legendaries won't be season only. Why are Stash tab unlocks in the Season when they are mostly needed in non-season? It's a contradiction. I've had no issue with the number of tabs I have now in Seasonal play...it's non-season where the space issue comes up.

You can get 1 extra stash tab right away in both Season and non-Season for 500k gold. Then what isn't clear is that you get another Stash Tab for each Season Journey you do. Some people think this is 1 tab per Season Journey completed (which means 4 seasons to get all). To me that doesn't make sense. My understanding is it's 1 tab per step completed of the Season Journey in this coming season. Kind of like this season you got a new character frame for each step and pet for completing I think it was Chapter 2 (forget exactly) of the Season Journey.

I hope public feedback will have them change the stash tabs unlocks from being in the Season.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2015, 22:44.

News Comments > StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer
14. Re: StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 14:12 Krovven

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 09:36:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 02:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 02:08:
Yifes, how long have you worked at Blizzard?

Man you're getting more cynical than I am, and that's saying something.

Not really look at his post history regarding Blizzard products. It's an educated guess that they either work at Blizzard or worked at Blizzard at one point in time.

I never worked st Blizzard and agree with him. They never said they could do them faster by splitting them. Each game has been larger than the original game and they arent just copy paste expansions. Each is very unique. Have YOU even played them?

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Spartan Edition Released
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Spartan Edition Released Nov 6, 2015, 16:32 Krovven

2013? Really? It seems like this just came out with a rapid followup with Atilla. I played the free demo weekend a bit on Steam awhile back, enjoyed it. Ended up getting the game free with my video card...and I haven't touched it yet.

100hrs in Shogun 2 and I feel I've barely touched that too (coop, no solo). Due to various bugs and the snail paced gameplay, we never got to finish a single game. This has definitely soured my desire to spend much time with their games.

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo