Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Devon

Real Name Devon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname [SC]TherMight
Email devon@eversmile.com
Description Game Developer, C++, Java, DirectX/Windows
Recently 1 of 3 programmers on Mattel's best-selling Christmas game for '99
Working on a UnrealScript game type
Available for contracting, can supply additional developers for larger contracts
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 22:31
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 1900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

18. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 19, 2019, 00:33 [SC]TherMight

Gotta hand it to Valve one thing they are good at is steadily collecting a paycheck while maintaining the status quo  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

35. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 12, 2019, 20:05 [SC]TherMight

licensedsaucer9 wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 04:22:

If one does not love MGS there is probably no reason to be all that interested in DS.
Never played a single MGS game (and I'm as old as a lot of you so I had the opportunity).

I love Death Stranding and find it incredibly addictive and refreshing.

I am 4 "episodes" in out of 14 and I've already seen several deep story moments and several more enduring mini moments that have made an impression on me.
It's more than a delivery game. It evolves and makes you feel less alone and literally enforces doing your part. I find myself spamming "likes" on certain services users have left for me to use that I really appreciated in a desperate time. Which all feeds back into the whole premise of the game.

And like any good game just when you're getting tired of certain mechanics you are rewarded with them getting easier and having to rise to a new challenge.

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

72. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 15:08 [SC]TherMight

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 10:03:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 09:29:
As if that dishonest trailer weren't enough to solidify my stance, this guarantees a hard pass. Thanks, Blizzy. More money I won't be wasting.

What did you find dishonest?

I'm not O.P. and would like to know too but I do know that my S.O saw the cinematic and said "Nope I won't be playing that with you. Waaaay too dark for me" Bummer. It was pretty grusome but also catered to the old school diablo crowd. They still might have overdone it for chicks who have religious attachments and identify with playing priests.

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

15. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 17:54 [SC]TherMight

aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 14:10:
Nostalgia makes me say "Hell yeah, looks good " ,... but then reality takes over & I realize these guys never learned anything from III,...so.... trust level drops back down.

..And Yeah, if you can't beat GRIM DAWN or Exile - then don't even bother Blizzy
I ran from D3 PC in the auction era and never looked back.
But it sounds like the console version post auctions has been pretty successful and enjoyable?

But yeah I have lots of hopes for D4 but very cautious optimism.
I actually own Grim Dawn on Gog... maybe time to check it out this weekend finally

News Comments > Fortnite Apocalypse

6. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 14:23 [SC]TherMight

Genius, if developers did it to do a major upgrade.

Question though Weren't people pissed off trying to get the last 2 days of achievements and grinding done for the end of the season?
(assuming this end-season crunch exists in Fortnite since it does in most games)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 20, 2019, 13:16 [SC]TherMight

Twitter should really suspend Trumps account for "fomenting political discord globally" just like these recent 10,000 accounts suspended.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?

10. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Aug 15, 2019, 13:58 [SC]TherMight

Shhh... There, there, Cliffy. Take a deep breath and quietly iterate. We all have ideas. Does not mean you have to act on every one or that it's good.  

News Comments > Limbo Free on EGS

2. Re: Limbo Free on EGS Jul 18, 2019, 15:06 [SC]TherMight

Amazing game! Spread the love to people who didn't play it.  

News Comments > Gloomhaven Early Access Next Month

2. Re: Gloomhaven Early Access Next Month Jun 13, 2019, 15:58 [SC]TherMight

Multiplayer: Not in early access but planned
If this does not launch (not counting early access but real launch) with multiplayer it will be review bombed into oblivion.

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free

5. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 17, 2019, 17:55 [SC]TherMight

I like the gameplay of Assassin's Creed but I am completely turned off by the story.

The whole idea that every Assassin's Creed game is just a simulation of a part of history... No thanks.

I did buy an earlier game and tried a few hours of Black Flag as well.

News Comments > More Apex Legends Cheaters Perma-Banned

6. Re: More Apex Legends Cheaters Perma-Banned Apr 6, 2019, 03:47 [SC]TherMight

Seems like they must be at least partly re-banning users by ip. Which is foing to net them some false positives too.  

News Comments > The Witness Free on Epic Games Store

16. Re: The Witness Free on Epic Games Store Apr 5, 2019, 12:41 [SC]TherMight

I had to login with Firefox to get this free.
Chrome would not work no matter what I tried.
My epic login is a direct login, not one of the companion connectors like facebook or Playstation

News Comments > FromSoftware and George R.R. Martin RPG Rumor

17. Re: FromSoftware and George R.R. Martin RPG Rumor Mar 28, 2019, 15:29 [SC]TherMight

mag wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 15:09:

Oh yeah, Rothfuss is great at finishing series.

HAHA touche!

News Comments > Next Half-Life Within Five Years? [Updated]

17. Re: Next Half-Life Within Five Years? Mar 19, 2019, 16:33 [SC]TherMight

Half life 5 confirmed!!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2019, 11:40 [SC]TherMight

My condolences, Blue. We've all watched over the years as Gunner-Man has brought your family joy and crazy stories.  

News Comments > Alice: Asylum (Alice 3) and Alice "Vacation Destination" Possible

10. Re: Alice: Asylum (Alice 3) and Alice Jan 29, 2019, 12:58 [SC]TherMight

Some great input in this thread. I just wonder if a prequel will be able to capture enough interest. Seems like it will lack so many iconic characters. If it becomes too much a psych. horror game about Alice's mental state than a surreal adventure/puzzle romp people won't go for it I feel.  

News Comments > Atlas Rollback

1. Re: Atlas Rollback Jan 18, 2019, 20:08 [SC]TherMight

As horrifying as reviews make this sound I played this for first month in one of the top guilds and had a total blast! Yeah there are problems and there will be more. But it's Early Access, you have to accept you are part of an evolving game.

I've been impressed with the developers overall.

News Comments > On ATLAS' Launch

3. Re: On ATLAS' Launch Dec 29, 2018, 14:49 [SC]TherMight

Kxmode wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 14:13:
No word on the reused assets and the conclusion many are thinking that Atlas was originally planned to be a pirate themed DLC for Ark.

Even building it upon ARK in part, there is still an increasingly divergent codebase for all the multiplayer code.

It seems obvious to me that if they had kept within ark's codebase they would not have had flexibility to massively scale and make great improvement in the rpg knobs

Disclaimer. Not a survival game fan but I know a clan who im playong atlas with. And that is the big carrot for me. New game. New multiplayer emmergent gameolay and teamwork. Its been an adjustment not to get myself killed in 2 minutes

News Comments > On ATLAS Delays

9. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 22, 2018, 20:47 [SC]TherMight

People bring out the pitchforks a bit hastily.

It's an early access game for heaven's sake.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced

6. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced Dec 10, 2018, 14:53 [SC]TherMight

Completely epic.  

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >