Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13181 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Loot Box Stories of the Day
22. Re: Loot Box Stories of the Day Nov 25, 2017, 22:41 Kxmode

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 06:49:
Loot boxes are the natural progression of you people accepting mmo's and steam, as soon as people bought a server locked game it was over. The entire mission of the game industry was to take software control away from customers. That has been going on since the days of Ultima online, everquest and wow.

Arenanet has had loot crates in both of their games since the beginning and it works because they are always optional cosmetic items. EA doesn't appear to want to play that game. They want to go the route of a full-priced AAA-title masquerading as phone app with in-game purchases. "Farmville for Star Wars fans!"

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Loot Box Stories of the Day Nov 25, 2017, 22:36 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 04:21:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 03:16:
If the intention is to protect children, publishers will ensure every game with a smidgen of microtransactions will be rated PEGI 18 and that may likely translate into Rated M here in the states. When the U.S. government threatened publishers with regulations, because of games like Mortal Kombat being sold for home consoles, the industry decided to self-regulate with the creation of the ESRB governing body.
MTs in and of themselves aren't a problem. Selling Lootboxes with a random chance of winning is the problem. Don't conflate the two.

With all due respect to your assessment, that's wrong too. The issue with loot crates is not the RNG factor. The real problem is that in a game like SWBF2, EA is blocking core gameplay elements behind paywalls. THAT'S the issue. Of course, EA's PR team would say the items are "optional," but they're not. For that reason, loot crates can be seen as a form of gambling because they're designed to basically force a purchase (pardon the pun) and the item received is random. Contrast with loot crates in a game like Guild Wars 2. Black Lion Chests are RNG but everything is 100% optional vanity stuff.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
43. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 25, 2017, 22:27 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 15:46:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 14:09:
I see that Cutter's little brother is posting again on Cutter's account. Put the mouse down kid.
His little brother was emancipated by the age of 15 and moved out of the house. This is pure unadultered whiny white man that cutter does best.

And we wouldn't have it any other way, except for when Blue's deletes his post.

42. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 25, 2017, 22:26 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 12:49:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 03:18:
Here's a game for the 1% gamers with $4,000 computers. My potato computer would probably blow up if I went anywhere near that thing.

Yeah I've given up on the idea of being able to ever run this game. My priorities have shifted in the last 5 years and I'm not the type of person to spend a fortune building the kind of computer that can run this smoothly.

I backed for SQ42 and at the rate we're going we'll see that in 5 years probably. One thing these videos have shown me is that Chris Roberts doesn't particularly know what makes games *fun*.

Meh. Oh well.

The irony in your statement is that by the time SQ42 is released today's $4,000 powerhouse will probably be like $650

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2017, 22:16 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 21:55:
"There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth."

Yeah, that would be Cthulhu. Cthulhu And circle is not the same as sphere. Flat-earthers belive the world is a circle too. The Church taught geocentrism for centuries. Just ask Galileo how he made out when he put forth the theory of heliocentrism.

What I've never understood about the flat earthers is just how thick the earth is? Can't be paper thin otherwise we couldn't mine anything right? So just how flat is it exactly? How with modern technology has no one ever filmed the edge of the earth? Where does all the water go? Where does it come from? I actually looked at a couple of these FE websites and they are just painful to behold. Apparently no one has ever been to space, there are no satellites, etc. That's because, get this, space agencies only exist to embezzle tax dollars. Yes, every space agency of every nation on earth is apparently in cahoots on this. There are 10's of 1000s of people in on this and nary a one of them has ever blown cover and revealed the hoax because they're all getting insanely rich of the billions they're embezzling.

Wow. Just wow. Rolleyes

If my math is correct, God inspired that passage in the mind of Isaiah some 3,600 years ago. The thought of a person living 3,600 years ago would be radically different from today's views. God did not need to identify the earth as a "sphere" or even explain what a sphere is. To use a math analogy, he simply said "Pi=3.14." That is it. Simple. Nothing too complicated. Of course, today people know the value of Pi goes WAY beyond 3.14. How would you describe the shape of the earth to a 2-year-old in simple words? You would use "circle." Don't over-complicate this.

BTW Cthulhu dwells UNDER the circle of the earth.

"He's not lying." - Cthulhu

8. Re: A flat-Earther’s plan to launch himself in a homemade rocket just hit a speed bump Nov 25, 2017, 21:23 Kxmode

Once NASA launched astronauts into space and they looked back at the earth they saw that it was a sphere. By shape alone, a three-dimensional object cannot be a two-dimensional shape. Besides several thousand years before that happened a simple passage in the Bible tells us the shape of Earth: "There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth." (Isaiah 40:22) You have religion and science agreeing with each other here.

Is this guy mental?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Let's go hunt some whales Nov 25, 2017, 21:19 Kxmode

Another Anniversary is here and what better way to celebrate than to sell more overpriced JPGs.

- Hammerhead $550 and $650 (both with LTI*)
- Hawk $80 and $90 (both with LTI*)
- But, wait! There's more! Like seven more days more.

Life Time Insurance was a feature pitched to early backers as an early access perk. When the new RSI site launched on June 28, 2013, CIG announced that LTI would be standard on ALL ships thereby rendering the value of LTI meaningless. At the time I thought it was a slimy move that reeked of cash-grab convenience.

29. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 25, 2017, 03:23 Kxmode

vvenaya wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 16:23:
Haters gotta hate. Have you ever said anything nice about SC, cutter ? or about any other game for that matter...

Go play LoD then, with your buddy Derek Smart. Geez

I think you have a record for the longest account with least amount of comments.

28. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 25, 2017, 03:18 Kxmode

Here's a game for the 1% gamers with $4,000 computers. My potato computer would probably blow up if I went anywhere near that thing.  

13. Re: Loot Box Stories of the Day Nov 25, 2017, 03:16 Kxmode

If the intention is to protect children, publishers will ensure every game with a smidgen of microtransactions will be rated PEGI 18 and that may likely translate into Rated M here in the states. When the U.S. government threatened publishers with regulations, because of games like Mortal Kombat being sold for home consoles, the industry decided to self-regulate with the creation of the ESRB governing body.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
17. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 17:07 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 11:21:
I don't understand those awards. Are they memes turned awards? Damned millennials, get off my Steam!

I think it's more like everyone knows awards are meaningless so let's have fun with the categories.

8. Hide my wallet! Nov 23, 2017, 02:15 Kxmode

Far Cry 2 - $3.39
Far Cry 3 - $6.79
Far Cry 4 - $14.99

Broken Sword 1: Director's Cut - $1.49
Broken Sword 2 - the Smoking Mirror - $1.49
Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse - $4.99

PAC-MAN 256 - $1.99

ARCADE GAME SERIES: DIG DUG - $1.99
ARCADE GAME SERIES: PAC-MAN - $1.99
ARCADE GAME SERIES: GALAGA - $1.99

FIVE: Guardians of David - $2.49
FIVE: Champions of Canaan - $0.99

Super Star Path - $0.99
Kung Fury: Street Rage - $1.49
Fist Slash: Of Ultimate Fury - $1.99
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - $2.03
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe - $1.99
Dropsy - $2.49
Dyscourse - $2.99
Pharaoh Rebirth - $2.99
Milkmaid of the Milky Way - $2.99
Technobabylon - $3.74
Mega Coin Squad - $3.74
Volgarr The Viking - $3.99
Security Hole - $4.99
Super Time Force Ultra - $5.09
Strike Vector EX - $5.99
Rain World - $7.99

------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal $288.72
Discount -$188.66 (-65%)
Total $100.06 (28 games)

Giggle

7. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 01:20 Kxmode

I created a small TamperMonkey script for anyone with a very large Steam Wishlist (I currently have 157). You are guaranteed to only see stuff on sale. Thumbsup

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/33067-steam-wishlist-sale-items

3. Steam Award Nominees Nov 22, 2017, 23:00 Kxmode

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

The “Choices Matter” Award
HITMAN™

The “Haunts My Dreams” Award
Guild Wars Trilogy

The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award
Assassin's Creed® Origins

The “No Apologies” Award
Life is Strange: Before the Storm

The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award
Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™

The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award
L.A. Noire

The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award
Mass Effect 2

The “Defies Description” Award
Thumper

The “Labor of Love” Award
American Truck Simulator

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award
Life is Strange - Episode 1

The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

The “All That Jelly And No Toast” Award (Mine)
No Man's Sky

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 21, 2017, 09:26 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 22:46:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 21:38:
necrosis wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 21:34:
Ugh jesus. Watch it. That god damned GameSpot link has a auto-play video.

Do you surf the web with ads? Ewww.

I hope you're at least white-listing blues...

Ads are how the internet pays for content, soooo yeah.

I am. Ads all day long on this site. I white-list sites I trust.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 22:08 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 11:50:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 22:10:
As we crossed the 300-day mark of DipShit's presidency on Thursday, fact-checkers noted that he has made more than 1,600 false or misleading claims. Good God. At least five times a day, on average, this president says something that isn’t true.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/opinion/jay-z-meek-mill-probation.html

As I stated, delusion mixed with insanity. Complaining about politics is like complaining about the lack of pink lightsabers in Star Wars...
Goddammit, now I can't get pink lightsabers out of my head. THANKS, KX.

Welcome.

I swear if I see a pink lightsaber in The Last Jedi.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 21:56 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:37:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:24:
Politics isn't real.
If only this were true. Unfortunately politics are very real, and they have real effects on real people. As a specific example my ability to get health care is at risk due to politics.

"Do not put your trust in nobles nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation." (Psalms 146:3) It's pretty telling when the Bible says politics is untrustworthy.

Besides, the governments of the world delude themselves if they think they have power. They don't know what real power is. Here's actual power: "The nations are like a drop from a bucket, and as the film of dust on the scales they are regarded." (Isaiah 40:15)

Except for King Solomon, no ruler has ever brought any peace and happiness to their subjects. History is rife with individuals who wanted to rule for selfish reasons. And even if they mean well, they are imperfect and incapable of battling a system stacked against them. (1 John 5:19) It's the same garbage from the beginning. Humans dominating humans to their injury as Ecclesiastes 8:9 states.

Politics has no substance behind any of it. That's why I said it is not real and is delusional.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
39. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 20, 2017, 21:42 Kxmode

sdgundamx wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 19:45:
I just don't get the adoration for Breath of the Wild.

Look at the list.

Best Gaming Performance sponsored by The Sun
Best Indie Game in collaboration with Square Enix Collective
Best Multiplayer Game sponsored by GT Omega
eSports Play of the Year sponsored by Intel
Handheld / Mobile Game of the Year sponsored by Bespoke Arcades
Outstanding Contribution to the UK Games Industry sponsored by The Telegraph

It's by the industry and for the industry.

eSports Game of the Year sponsored by OMEN by HP - Overwatch

This one is the most egregious. HP sponsors Overwatch at tournaments and is pitching their overpriced OMEN as the gotta have machine for eSports viewers.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 20, 2017, 21:38 Kxmode

necrosis wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 21:34:
Ugh jesus. Watch it. That god damned GameSpot link has a auto-play video.

Do you surf the web with ads? Ewww.

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 20, 2017, 21:35 Kxmode

EA could learn a thing or two from In-N-Out Burger. They have a small menu, but the quality keeps people coming back for more. Contrast with McDonald's who only deals with quantity and entices people with constantly changing menus, Happy Meals, and toys, and for the most part horrible food. EA is the McDonald's of video games. CD Projekt Red is the In-N-Out Burger of video games. I think Disney should take their Star Wars IP away from EA and give it to a quality company, like CDPR.  

13181 Comments. 660 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo