Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12786 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October
2. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October Jul 10, 2017, 21:17 Kxmode

Second System Effect: The Video Game  

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 22:47 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 22:14:
Orogogus wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 21:30:
You don't want kx to talk about his religion so much, but you can't leave it alone, either.
Dude talks out both sides of his mouth. But I just don't care to hear anything from a cult member that kills children and adults by denying them "that amazing modern medicine". That's some medieval shit.

You see the link in my sig line for "Hide Users on BluesNew?" My user id is 18786. Please use it. It will make your life better.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 20:43 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 19:45:
Not to derail things but aren't you a JDubz? Like, surgery is bad because you can't get a transfusion? I mean hernia operation isn't exactly a bloodbath normally but...

Despite the tremendous advances in bloodless surgery -- thanks in large part to the cooperation between Witnesses and the medical community -- blood transfusions remain something each Witness has to come to terms with when they go under the knife. This was no exception in my case. The doctor, entirely respectful of my beliefs (and having had experience performing surgeries on Witnesses), allayed my concerns by stating my hernia procedure is virtually bloodless. In full disclosure, as is common with doctors, he said the only time blood transfusion might come into play is if the Adductor canal of the Femoral artery were accidentally cut or severed. However, having performed hundreds of successful hernia operations, he told me the likelihood of that happening is like 0.1%. Even under those favorable conditions, I still did my due diligence of giving the nurse checking me in my "No Blood" card and documentation legally obliging them to respect my wishes. I also signed hospital paperwork that absolved the staff of any responsibility should the worse happen. I gave this decision with sound mind and body, as well as magnanimous mutual respect towards the hospital staff. In the end, I was prepared to pass away if the procedure deteriorated. Everything when smoothly without the need for blood transfusion, and I live longer to play more games. #Win.

Modern medicine is amazing.

News Comments > On Overwatch Balance
8. Re: On Overwatch Balance [ Jul 8, 2017, 20:25 Kxmode

Most of the creativity and brains have left Blizzard for other interests. The husk that remains is a bunch of corporate drones and foolish incompetence who lack any dedicated gravitas to make truly engaging games. Unless someone is a glutton for this garbage, the shelf life of repetitive card games and MOBA is limited. The only correct Overwatch balance is to make a Star Wars Battlefront 2 styled single player title about the game's story.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 18:54 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 13:40:
The antibiotics resistant strains of bacteria are likely going to wind up being a far more deadly problem than Global Warming...

I mean, don't get me wrong, Global Warming is terrifying, and it will affect everyone's lives (though more those of the next two generations.) But you can mitigate the effects somewhat.

Dying because of a simple infection, because there is no way to treat the infection, is straight back to the fucking Middle Ages. Better buy stock in leeches again. :\

And all because fucking doctors kept proscribing the shit when people had a fucking flu, and because the damned agriculture industry kept feeding it to their lifestock.

Well, those money-grubbing cavemen doctors fixed my hernia. It's really easy to bash the medical industry from the comfort of your computer chair, but when real people have really positive results from doctors you should look at that too.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 10:15 Kxmode

I didn't know it was Video Game Day. I just assume every day is a video game day.

On a side note, watched Ghost in the Shell. Having Scarlett Johansson play the Major and Michael Pitt play the antagonist is a smart move as the keyword "in the Shell" relates to the unfolding story. If you've seen it, you likely understand what I mean.

News Comments > Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month
8. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 8, 2017, 06:41 Kxmode

Yifes wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 02:31:
Also there is no grind in Overwatch. All characters and maps are unlocked at the get go. If you want to go for useless things like skins, that's your own damn problem.

Fan hurt alert!

7. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 8, 2017, 06:35 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 02:14:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 17:30:
I am done with Blizzard. They no longer make games I find enjoyable.

For me, the primary reason I no longer care for Blizzard is this, 3 most recent things Blizzard made

Overwatch - online PVP with grind
Hearthstone - online PVP with grind
Heroes of the Storm - online PVP with grind

;(

It's like.. they just rehash a single gameplay loop forever now.. bah

Speaking of rehashing, HD remakes of older games, but they tell vanilla WOW fans to take a hike. I haven't enjoyed anything from Blizzard in the past decade.

Blizzard should do what EA is doing with Battlefront 2 and create a story-driven Overwatch game. Can't stand FPS MOBAs, but I'd play that. The characters are fascinating. Or they "sell out" the franchise and do this.

News Comments > SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released
5. Re: SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released Jul 8, 2017, 06:33 Kxmode

"Remember kids, ask for it by name. S Hashtag Exclamation mark T ON YOUR FRIENDS!" Do !T today! Your friends are standing by!!" Wacko  

News Comments > SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released
2. Re: SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released Jul 7, 2017, 20:18 Kxmode

Redundant. People don't need a game to do this.

2. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 7, 2017, 17:30 Kxmode

I am done with Blizzard. They no longer make games I find enjoyable.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 14:14 Kxmode

R.I.P. Joan Lee. Can't imagine how hard it is to have a mate of 69 years pass away. Hope this doesn't trigger a "Debbie Reynolds" effect.  

78. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 6, 2017, 10:43 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 22:42:
Rigs wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 08:10:
NKD wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 00:51:
Space Captain Lives Matter! No Justice, No Peace! This is some RACISM. Cutter gets to remain here just because he's WHITE, but Space Captain gets the boot just because his underwear has brown stripes in it and his mom won't let him go outside without a helmet?

Jesus Blue what kind of shop are you running here?!

Cutter isn't white, he's Canadian. Huge difference...

=-Rigs-=
Canadians, with their beady eyes and flappy heads.

What are you talking aboot?

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
3. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 10:42 Kxmode

saying the official full release of the dinosaur survival game is coming on August 8th.

That's fine, but as long as it remains in early access, then the price should continue with early access pricing. That's some low-grade amateur shenanigans.

32. 4th of July Jul 4, 2017, 23:20 Kxmode

The one day a year where it's totally cool for grown adults to play with explosives on residential streets; yards away from homes built with wood. Wacko  

71. Re: BOLO for new accounts Jul 4, 2017, 23:13 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:29:
SlimRam wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 00:23:
There seems to be someone missing from our discussions lately... All this talk of Space. I can't put my finger on it yet, nah I got Zero.
User information for Agent-Zero
Description Banned

click the link for a whole bunch of * REMOVED * comments
https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=58443

Good. Took long enough.

70. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 22:59 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 22:16:
I'd say it's a very different kind of faith. It's the kind of faith you have in a friend. You hope they are a good friend and will work out, but if they fail to show it, you're not going to hang out with them anymore. The longer a theory goes on without delivering results, the less and less people who believe it has any worth, and they move on. Especially when they are competing with other ideas that are having more success.

String theory, for example, has been getting trounced by the Standard Model for a while now. The SM has had the Higgs field, Gravitational waves, etc. String theory just hasn't been shown to map onto reality yet. None of its predictions have been experimentally shown yet. It's not quite hopeless yet, but it may very well end up in the garbage bin.

I agree. However, up until 2012, the standard model lacked the valuable evidence provided by Higgs-Boson. Did this make it any less useful? No! It just made it less accurate. Scientists didn't abandon it because it wasn't perfect.

NKD wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 22:16:
That's the fundamental difference between science and religion: A willingness to admit when the facts don't add up. Religion makes claims and then says they can be neither confirmed nor disproved. Of course individual scientists are people and have egos and some will cling to ideas more strongly than others. But that's why other scientists are there to keep them honest.

And because the SM lacked an essential piece of research found within Higgs-Boson did the scientific community admit when the facts didn't add up, that something was missing? Perhaps some did, but they are adamant about their faith in the model.

I am trying to establish a difference between true faith and passive faith. Passive faith is the type that most of us are familiar. It is observable in "lemmings" who take in whatever someone says without question or research. Almost all religions operate under this mentality, and it has had amazingly bad results in human history from The Crusades to the Spanish Inquisition, and to terrorism committed in the name of God. All of it perpetrated by ignorance.

True faith is the exact opposite. Scientists base their analysis and conclusions on "evident demonstrations." For real confidence in the Bible to work, trust must be established by "clear demonstrations." Studying the Bible reveals patterns showing that time and time again over the span of the 1,600 years prophecies declared and fulfilled in the past happened as described in exacting detail. The pattern, or conclusion, then is this: if the accuracy of Biblical prophecy remains 100%, then it will be 100% in the future. To that, I add Titus 1:2 which states faith is "based on a hope of the everlasting life that God, who cannot lie, promised long ago."

Like I mentioned in a previous comment both the Bible and science have wildly different conclusions about the sun's fate. I just choose to put my faith in the Bible's outlook.

Thanks for the discussion. Indeed, most fascinating. Have a great 4th!

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2017, 23:18.

67. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Jul 4, 2017, 22:15 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 21:51:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 21:47:
NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 21:52:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 20:13:
Exactly, well said. Why do stars fuse hydrogen into helium? There is no 'why'. It is what happens.

You really want to have your mind fucked read or listen to that book I linked to Kxmode about Something Rather Than Nothing.

Thanks! I'll give it a review.

I also like the excellent assortment of Blu-ray quality scientific documentaries on Curiosity Stream. Of course whenever they drift into the evolutionary aspect of the planet's "creation" then I tend to zone out. The earth is too well formed with thousands of complex interconnected systems to be a randomly created oddity in the cosmos. Anyhow, again, thanks for the read suggestion.
When it gets to the sci-ency parts my brain turns off.
Holy Shit batman

Yes. Like when documentaries on the sun explain with absolute certainty that the star will go supernova in a few billion years hence. The Bible states another thing to is contrary. It all comes done to faith? I'd rather put my faith in the Bible's positive look into future than in man's negative look into the future. Eventually, humanity will know who was correct.

66. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 22:09 Kxmode

Asmodai wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 23:46:
As a person with zero investment in nuclear power, I have been talking about waste products of solar panels for over a decade.

Solar is a feel good technology that you can stick on your house and does fuck actual all to solve the problem of moving from carbon based to cleaner energy... Same as the amount of carbon emitted to produce the concrete used in nuke reactors (a significant amount), there are intangibles or difficult to analyse costs with every form of energy generation that need to be addressed in picking an appropriate overall strategy. Shotgunning panels all over roofs is not a strategy...

I've heard of Utilities investing in solar panel farms. I assume creating a sizeable array does have noticeable and positive effects on producing clean energy.

64. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 21:59 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 21:32:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 21:30:

That's a HOW question (e.g. "How do stars fuse hydrogen into helium?). The WHY question is, why are there stars? Science can't answer that, but the Bible can.

Is an answer worth anything if you can't vet the source and have no reason to believe it is true?

That's called faith. There are plenty of scientists who have put their faith in a variety of theorems, including string theory, that they base on sources that aren't vetted or proved. So whether spiritual or scientific, faith "is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen." (Hebrews 11:1) Admittedly, we can agree upon that, I would think.

12786 Comments. 640 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo