Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13393 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision CEO Leaving
1. Re: Activision CEO Leaving Jan 18, 2018, 21:28 Kxmode

I nominate Chris Roberts. He leads a company with the ability to sell JPGs for $350 a pop.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2018, 19:11 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 13:43:
Yeah, I'm sure religion can solve our race relation problems ... thanks. Confused

It can and will.

You shouldn't confuse what people have done in the name of religion with Religion itself. They are not mutually inclusive.

Religion is defined merely as "a particular system of faith and worship." If people want to use "religion" for selfish and destructive means, this doesn't change the essence of what religion is. I liken the definition of religion to an atom. By themselves, particles are peaceful objects. However, when humans split them for selfish and destructive means, this did not change the essence of what atoms are.

Unfortunately, our history is rife with people who have done all kinds of evil things in that name of religion to the point where people see all religions as evil. This mindset is not by accident, but by design.

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 15:38:
Only a hypocritical close-minded cult member would think that it could. I feel sorry for lost people like that.

Sadly, you have adopted a repeated posture of umbrage. Rather than dignify ANY points from Bible - a book respected by the vast majority of humanity (even many atheists) - you attack wholesale for having the gall to present evidence from.

In other words, I am not the closed-minded person here.

P.S. no reply?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2018, 12:51 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 06:48:
What astounds me is how control of the US Federal government has essentially been centered around race politics since the Civil War. I'm wondering how many centuries will have to pass before that's no longer true?

The Bible states as long as humanity remains as-is it won't happen under present conditions.

Luke 4:5,6 - conveys ownership
1 John 5:19 - and why, what you ask for, is not possible

However, it states what you're looking for will be achieved with a radical new system of things, under a brand-new political structure.

2 Peter 3:13 - broadly stated
Rev 21:1-4 - more details
Psalms 37:10,11,29 - a lot more detail

News Comments > Star Trek Online Anniversary Plans
4. Re: Star Trek Online Anniversary Plans Jan 18, 2018, 12:38 Kxmode

Thanks! I'm stuck on a mission at DS9 proper. It's been awhile since I played, but from what I remember there's an ongoing battle. I need to pilot a shuttle to the station to do something (disrupt communications?). Meanwhile, I must stop launched scouts tasked with undoing my work. Because the mission takes place exclusively in a shuttle, and not my starship, I deemed it much more difficult. Does this mission sound familiar?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2018, 22:30 Kxmode

Sent an FOIA request to the USPS to find out which businesses own specific bulk mail permits numbers. Once I find out I'll share with you guys, in case you wish to take action.

I am thinking of assembling a "lo-fi" site for the public to help create a database of permit numbers with businesses so that people can be empowered to reach out to these companies.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2018, 22:50.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Anniversary Plans
1. Re: Star Trek Online Anniversary Plans Jan 17, 2018, 22:22 Kxmode

Good game. Unfortunately there's a difficulty spike when you get to the DS9 missions that is a blocker for me. Frustrated, I gave up. I'm hoping the devs tone the difficult a bit.  

News Comments > Epic on the Future of Paragon
9. Re: Epic on the Future of Paragon Jan 17, 2018, 20:14 Kxmode

Revised:

We care deeply about this community, and we know this is important to you, so here's a summary of where we are.

All changes in Paragon's growth have been to focus on growing the game. While the core community continues to enjoy these iterations, unfortunately, none have reached mainstream success. This realization, combined with Fortnite's success, has caused us to question if the path to grow Paragon and make it thrive is good.

With V.45 shipping this week with Hero and Card balances, as well as stability improvements, work on Paragon continues. Nonetheless, progress has slowed lately for two reasons: First, the teamís time remains split between enhancements and long-term efforts, so thereís less visible progress. Second, a handful of the Paragon team moved over to Fortnite to help sustain the game as its growth has been far more significant than anything in Epicís past.

Internally, we are talking about the future of Paragon in much the same way many you have. The core challenge remains. When new players try Paragon, only a small number continue to play regularly after a month. Though Paragon has evolved, no iteration has yet achieved that magical combination of ingredients that make for a sustainable game. (As an aside, the problem isnít marketing or how to make money with Paragon. If we can find a way to make Paragon grow, we have good ideas that would solve those issues.)

Over the next few weeks, we will try a few ideas internally to see if and where we can evolve Paragon to achieve growth and success. This move will result in a slower Paragonís releases.

Please remember, the team is deeply passionate about Paragon. We would love to find a path that works, and while we are not all in agreement on what could place Paragon in a fundamentally better way for all, we continue.

-----

I have played Paragon and liked it a lot. There are three reasons why I haven't played it beyond the initial play:

1. It's monotonous, and there's only one map.
2. The anti-aliasing on a 4K screen looks horrible. It feels like alpha tech.
3. Too many other games to pull my attention away.

Overall, Paragon is a solid game with a right premise. It would benefit Epic is create something genuinely unique, for example, some sort of single-player campaign to get people interested in the characters - because at the moment it has a very "me-too" feel with other FPS MOBAs.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones Next Week
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 04:09 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 03:11:
Bought a PS4 Pro (first PS system I've had since the original) for Horizon Zero Dawn and was not disappointed in any way shape or form. Plus all the HD version of the PS3 games (and Shadow of the Colossus coming soon too!).

Absolutely. PS4 PRO scores high for the quality and exclusives (I'm not dogging the Xbox One S/X/?? as I have no experience with the machine). I think for me the number of PS4 exclusives was the "killer app" to get me to pick one up.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 01:29 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 00:56:
1badmf wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 00:36:
are they both really that good? i have both sitting in my 'to play' q, maybe they should move up to the front.

I really liked AC Origins. I can see why some people felt that there was too much of a "forced side missions" feel to it, since there's one or two parts in the game where your minimum level requirement between the main missions jumps up by like 5 or 6 levels, but if you do some exploring and side missions naturally, you won't even notice this. (I guess some people play a game like this by literally rushing between the main missions and never even looking at anything else?)

If you enjoy exploring, ACO is awesome. So many beautiful things to stand and gawp at.

I echo all of your points!

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 01:10 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 15:44:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 14:05:
Derp.
Judging like a good christian hypocrite.
The whole family are Jehovah Witnesses, are you sure you don't know them?

I didn't find an article, report, or Op-Ed denoting the family's faith. The only religious blurb I could see was in the linked article. It stated sister "Autumn White (foreground) with husband Chris White and her parents in the background during a Christmas church service." Pretty sure that means the whole family isn't JW. The Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas. Is this what you do with your free time? That's really sad on all kinds of levels.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 00:53 Kxmode

1badmf wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 00:36:
are they both really that good? i have both sitting in my 'to play' q, maybe they should move up to the front.

Yes. If you're in the mood for ancient history go ACO. If you're in the mood for sci-fi post apocalyptic go HZD.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 16, 2018, 21:44 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 16:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 15:44:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 14:05:
Derp.
Judging like a good christian hypocrite.
The whole family are Jehovah Witnesses, are you sure you don't know them?

Geez man, let it go. Leave the mocking for when he brings his religion up, if you must.

I don't mind. Redeye clearly dislikes what I post, and he's free to voice his opinion.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]
20. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 21:39 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 15:37:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 15:00:
ForgedReality wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:48:
Plus, I mean, it's a console game.

Have you played Horizon Zero Dawn?

I don't even know what he means...

"I mean, it's a console game"... what?

It's made for one x86 CPU and GPU with RAM, HDD instead of another? The fuck is the difference?

If he meant "it's meant to be played with a controller" then he might have a shadow of a point. But who in the hell doesn't have a controller for their PC these days? Some games just work better with controllers, why would you limit yourself? Too much self-respect to lower yourself to playing with a controller = console trash?

How is this thinking still alive?

"Previous ports were fucking terribly done. Plus, I mean, it's a console game." ForgedReality is painting with a broad brush the connection between terrible ports and console games in general. My question implies he hasn't played ANY console games, otherwise he would know not all console games are terrible.

2. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones Next Week Jan 16, 2018, 21:31 Kxmode

Both ACO and HZD are sleeper hits for me for different reasons.

ACO = I knew Ubisoft was trying hard to make a better AC title, but I did not expect the game to be so good.

HZD = I was aware of this game but didn't pay attention to it. I originally bought a PS4 PRO to play FF15 but ended up playing HZD instead. Not only was the game more accessible to play -- the devs did an excellent job helping me learn the controls -- but the game, itself, was incredibly immersive. Both the story and 4K visuals are mind-blowing.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the ACO expansion and freebie content.

11. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 15:00 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:48:
Plus, I mean, it's a console game.

Have you played Horizon Zero Dawn?

10. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 14:59 Kxmode

I have this for the PS4 Pro so I'll try and play it on the console and save myself money.  

News Comments > Another Fortnite Lawsuit
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2018, 03:37 Kxmode

jamiedj99 wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 21:55:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vaVONdETQ this is youtube were talking about once its posted to the cloud it will always be on the cloud. Do news properly please

Something something something Fortnite. Something something something my crew. Something something something glitch. Something something something subscribe and follow. Mindless rambling. I'll pass.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 14, 2018, 14:05 Kxmode

Disgusting human being.  

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
167. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 12, 2018, 22:52 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 22:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 20:42:
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

/drops mic/

For someone who hates politics, you sure are a glutton for punishment.

The quote was apropos.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 12, 2018, 22:50 Kxmode

The latest Windows update replaced my Start menu with Windows defaults. Another quality Microsoft product... . :-/  

13393 Comments. 670 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo