Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13732 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
43. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 29, 2018, 19:51 Kxmode

Regarding frivolous boneheaded law suits:

Joshua: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of Minecraft?

They bring such a lawsuit, they better know they're opening a Pandora's Box of negative vibes towards their property.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
34. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 29, 2018, 17:49 Kxmode

Prez wrote on May 29, 2018, 12:54:
Maybe they'll use the Chewbacca defense.

Cochran: ...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. (pause for effect) Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Gerald Broflovski: Damn it! ... He's using the Chewbacca defense!

Cochran: Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

An open and shut case.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > EA Acquires GameFly's Cloud
8. Re: EA Acquires GameFly's Cloud May 23, 2018, 22:10 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on May 23, 2018, 21:21:
Steam, uPlay, Origin, Battle.net etc. etc. are all video game rental shops. The only (big) digital download platform that allows you to assume ownership of your games is GOG.

If you want to get technical, we could say you don't buy software. You buy the licensing agreement that permits you to use the software. Semantics aside, those are distribution services. In other words, you don't rent software from them. You buy software. Please don't confuse the definition of what they are.

News Comments > RuneScape Classic Closing
1. Re: RuneScape Classic Closing May 23, 2018, 22:05 Kxmode

Reasonable decision. Makes you wonder about the state of WOW Classic and how feasible it'll be for Blizzard.  

6. Re: EA Acquires GameFly's Cloud May 23, 2018, 19:58 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 23, 2018, 16:45:
Kxmode wrote on May 23, 2018, 16:25:
GameFly: "Rent Over 9000 Games & Movies." It looks like EA is going all-in for their Software-as-a-Service plan. I do know that SAAS works for apps like Adobe Cloud. Maybe it'll work for video games. My personal opinion is "renting" video games feels wrong; I prefer ownership. Not sure how EA is going to change a decade's old mindset. Maybe that's it. They're targeting the younger generation who can be conditioned to be more accepting of renting video games.
We've had subscription based games for years. That's similar.

Sure with console games. Not with PC games. At least not at the same level as renting console games.

3. Re: EA Acquires GameFly's Cloud May 23, 2018, 16:25 Kxmode

GameFly: "Rent Over 9000 Games & Movies." It looks like EA is going all-in for their Software-as-a-Service plan. I do know that SAAS works for apps like Adobe Cloud. Maybe it'll work for video games. My personal opinion is "renting" video games feels wrong; I prefer ownership. Not sure how EA is going to change a decade's old mindset. Maybe that's it. They're targeting the younger generation who can be conditioned to be more accepting of renting video games.  

News Comments > Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games
37. Re: Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games May 23, 2018, 02:55 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on May 22, 2018, 15:21:
Counter-Counter-Strike?

Not enough Counter!

36. Re: Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games May 23, 2018, 02:54 Kxmode

Timmeh wrote on May 22, 2018, 12:52:
Kxmode wrote on May 22, 2018, 11:40:
Illuminati Confirmed!
UFOs Confirmed!
Aliens Confirmed!
Half-Life 3 Confirmed!
Unannounced Top Secret Game Confirmed!

You better hope the Illuminati doesn't see this.... Disguise

They can't. Party

7. Re: Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games May 22, 2018, 11:40 Kxmode

Illuminati Confirmed!
UFOs Confirmed!
Aliens Confirmed!
Half-Life 3 Confirmed!
Unannounced Top Secret Game Confirmed!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Summerset Live on PC
11. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2018, 01:12 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 22, 2018, 00:20:
Kxmode wrote on May 21, 2018, 20:13:
Frijoles wrote on May 21, 2018, 18:28:
Just bought Morrowind last night. Maybe I should have waited a day.

The Summerset pre-order promotion had a constant advertisement for the past three months. Both the launcher and the in-game store show it every time. Repeatedly, the ad stated if you preordered Summerset you get instant access to Morrowind. If you missed it, you either haven't been playing ESO, or you weren't paying attention. In either case, this isn't Bethesda's fault.

TL;DR If you waited a day you still wouldn't get Morrowind. You can't preorder after launch.

So salty! Bring back gentle KxMode please.

Common sense is never salty.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Summerset Live on PC May 21, 2018, 22:18 Kxmode

Agent.X7 wrote on May 21, 2018, 21:38:
Amazon. Zenimax has a process to get mne a key to login, but their support hasn't sent it to me yet.

That's good. Hopefully, Amazon doesn't wait until your package arrives. That would negate the whole day-one pre-order thing.

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Summerset Live on PC May 21, 2018, 20:20 Kxmode

Agent.X7 wrote on May 21, 2018, 17:43:
And a bunch of us who sprung for the Collector's Edition got notifications that our packages were delayed. Whatever At least there is a proces to give us access until our boxes come in.

Never expect anything with tangible products to be delivered by the launch date. Most online stores don't know how to pre-ship these products so that you get them on launch date. The best thing to do is buy Collector's Editions in a store where you have it in hand on launch day. That said, I think you should get the key from the Collector's Editions so that you can at least play while you wait for the hard goods to arrive.

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Summerset Live on PC May 21, 2018, 20:13 Kxmode

Frijoles wrote on May 21, 2018, 18:28:
Just bought Morrowind last night. Maybe I should have waited a day.

The Summerset pre-order promotion had a constant advertisement for the past three months. Both the launcher and the in-game store show it every time. Repeatedly, the ad stated if you preordered Summerset you get instant access to Morrowind. If you missed it, you either haven't been playing ESO, or you weren't paying attention. In either case, this isn't Bethesda's fault.

TL;DR If you waited a day you still wouldn't get Morrowind. You can't preorder after launch.

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. May 19, 2018, 06:46 Kxmode

Itís a moment to reflect on the peculiarities of video game fame, its value and its costs.

What in the world is Polygon talking about? Cliff Bleszinski created his "fame" by being a bombastic dude-bro and then later alienating the demographic who helped him achieve his success. There are plenty of other developers who haven't gone this route, and their renown is based on merits so that even when they fail, they still succeed.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 19, 2018, 06:34 Kxmode

5 Days to go on the Myst 25th Anniversary Collection Kickstarter. If you ever wanted to own a piece of gaming history via the The Linking Book and Inkwell and Pen now's the time. Limited time and limited run.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July
15. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July May 19, 2018, 06:28 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 19, 2018, 02:21:
Kxmode wrote on May 18, 2018, 23:33:
Prez wrote on May 18, 2018, 11:45:
Sounds like Murray might have actually learned something. That, or he is aping the Peter Molyneux cycle of wild promises/apolgies/vows of silence/talk a bunch of nonsense.

The only thing he learned is not to wear plaid for interviews. Plaid is associated with an "awww, shucks" college-bro persona. He replaced it with white. His new "I'm serious" persona. He's a sham in every way. Do not trust a word he says. In his mind everything he says is true, even the lies.

Most gamers have extreme short term memory. People are going to forget what this guy did and praise him for his brilliant game and other such nonsense. I'll have none of it.

Aren't devout Xians supposed to be forgiving?

Have you played it since launch? Just curious. I had a ton of fun.

Also, if you played it, I'd jump back in so we could meet somewhere.

Please don't call me a Xian. That's not even a real word.

I didn't give him a donation or charity. It was a business transaction based on a lie. I can call him out as long as I want until I feel I've gotten my $60 worth because he sure didn't give me a $60 game at launch.

News Comments > Boss Key Closed
45. Re: Boss Key Closed May 19, 2018, 00:19 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on May 16, 2018, 22:29:
Why the requote? Did you forget a follow up point?

It's "quote for truth." I agree with the quote so much that I wanted to quote it again for emphasis. That was the point. Nice find, by the way. Thumbsup

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July
12. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July May 18, 2018, 23:33 Kxmode

Prez wrote on May 18, 2018, 11:45:
Sounds like Murray might have actually learned something. That, or he is aping the Peter Molyneux cycle of wild promises/apolgies/vows of silence/talk a bunch of nonsense.

The only thing he learned is not to wear plaid for interviews. Plaid is associated with an "awww, shucks" college-bro persona. He replaced it with white. His new "I'm serious" persona. He's a sham in every way. Do not trust a word he says. In his mind everything he says is true, even the lies.

Most gamers have extreme short term memory. People are going to forget what this guy did and praise him for his brilliant game and other such nonsense. I'll have none of it.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black May 18, 2018, 00:29 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 17, 2018, 22:28:
Kxmode wrote on May 17, 2018, 21:26:
No Manís Skyís big multiplayer update launches in July.

The full game was funded by people like me who bought into Murray's blatant lies. He promised multiplayer AT launch, not two years later.

so you're saying if we're still on the fence, we should finally buy it after July if we can get it on sale?

No. You can do whatever you want. What I'm saying is be mindful of the unethical way in which Murray funded NMS so that you guys can enjoy the final product, today. This clip and this clip express the point best. I don't loathe people in the video game industry, but I make an exception for Sean Murray. He's a scummy, rotten liar, who isn't deserving of anyone's money. In other words, there's never any justification for lying to someone to take their money so that they can complete a project, and the ends never justify the means if the product is finished and given back to the person swindled in the first place.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2018, 00:43.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 17, 2018, 21:26 Kxmode

No Manís Skyís big multiplayer update launches in July.

The full game was funded by people like me who bought into Murray's blatant lies. He promised multiplayer AT launch, not two years later.

13732 Comments. 687 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo