Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11389 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2016, 11:48 Kxmode

No. Just amazed a serious bidder would write that given the item in question.  

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2016, 11:36 Kxmode

"the trolling prompted one apparently serious bidder to call the trolls “losers” and express hope that their “children get murdered.”"

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 12, 2016, 23:10 Kxmode

Basically another version of Chvrches' "Dead Air". They have a formula they keep following from song to song. Nothing new.  

News Comments > Save 50%
15. Re: Save 50% May 12, 2016, 23:02 Kxmode

Can I save 50% by switching to Geico?  

News Comments > EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed
18. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 13:34 Kxmode

Flak wrote on May 11, 2016, 11:45:
Being a contrarian is cute, until you make yourself look like a jackass.

Is it bad that I thought contrarian is a gamer who really loves Contra?

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 13:32 Kxmode

I hear coffee cures cancer. Coffee  

News Comments > EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed
10. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 03:34 Kxmode

Gadzooks wrote on May 11, 2016, 00:20:
lets see how many people are duped into buying the sequel.

Sick of EAs business plan

sell a version missing a lot of things, promise it in the next version.

What you're describing is called the second-system effect. Software engineers are notorious for it.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
31. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 7, 2016, 17:38 Kxmode

I just realized the genius of Blue's News. There's no public support for anything. As a veteran of this site I should know this by now.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Announced
30. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 17:32 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 7, 2016, 08:18:
Vio wrote on May 7, 2016, 08:06:
This actually looks interesting, I would like to see some actual game play first.
It's raw, pre-alpha footage...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCeNHkyjFs

That literally made me LOL. Thumbsup

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
29. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 17:26 Kxmode

Timmeh wrote on May 7, 2016, 11:51:
Frack 4k I'm still gaming at 1024x768 4xAA and it Roxors baby!

Old people.

28. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 17:24 Kxmode

christheshitter wrote on May 7, 2016, 16:17:
Steele Johnson wrote on May 7, 2016, 12:28:
Software has slipped pretty far behind hardware at this point. Multi-core cpus, high-end graphics chipsets, all for software that can run on 6 year old hardware. If it wasn't for the processing demand of VR, there would be no reason to upgrade (and I'm not upgrading for VR 1.0). What's the point of all this if game genres aren't evolving and the same game mechanics work pretty well with older hardware? Software is lacking bigtime.

Only a bunch of shitty VR tech demos to play. Really VR is just a "thing" at present.

Because VR has no killer app(s). There's nothing driving people to spend $600 (for the VR device) or $1500 (to upgrade their computer and buy a VR device).

27. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 17:19 Kxmode

Would've been cooler had they called it the GTX 1024 (as in memory), but I get GTX 1080 (display).

Side note! Awesome now the Titan will become cheaper. Whenever new tech is released the prior generation significantly drops in price.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Announced
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 6, 2016, 22:54 Kxmode

Gotta love that White Stripes remix.

28. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 21:48 Kxmode

nin wrote on May 6, 2016, 21:31:
But I look forward to taunting your mercilessly in the months and years to come.

Don't hold back.

26. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 19:12 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on May 6, 2016, 17:50:
You've got to stop citing Mark Kern. "Team Lead" is a vague title, and all the others I see from Blizzard on LinkedIn came from Customer Service, not development.

Team Lead was the "Executive Producer" in vanilla. Blizzard changed it to "Executive Producer" for TBC.

Beamer wrote on May 6, 2016, 17:50:
The only people that claim Mark Kern is responsible for WoW being WoW are Mark Kern.

I typically take someone at their word until it becomes clear they're lying. I haven't seen anything from Mark to suggest he's lying. So until that happens I'm going to take him at his word.

That being said check this out...

vomiting_cat: Look at Oldschool Runescape's success. Look at Nostalrius and now Kronos/Lordaeron. Sometimes feels like, you're wrong?
Mark: Blizzard was pretty sure WoW should be cancelled to, until I convinced them to try.
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723670297405054978

Mark: They all seem to forget I saved WoW from cancellation and got it shipped in the first place.
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723552778308608000
Khayotix: tell us the story Mark! What happened that the game needed saving? History lesson time!
Mark: The game was in shambles, the lead left to start Arena. net. Blizzard said, no way to continue
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723553532465418240
Mark: I said I would join the team, find a new lead prog and help turn the game around. They let me try.
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723553713042821124

Obviously Mark still has amiable relationship with Mike or else Mike wouldn't have decided to meet with Mark to hear the case for Legacy servers.

24. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 19:02 Kxmode

nin wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:34:
I'm sorry to be an ass, but you've gone off the deep end with your blizzard crusade.

No need to apologize.

With all due respect I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to lock me down to specifics. As I've already stated I don't know what the specific numbers are. All I can do is provide an analysis of WHY Blizzard will lose money, not HOW much they will lose. I based my statement on all relevant information I've read and heard. It really boils down to cause and effect. The Cause: Blizzard shut down Nostalrius. The Effect: A backlash stunting Blizzard's financials. That's a bona fide fact. As far as HOW MUCH Blizzard will lose, we'll wait and see.

I think its unfair to label my statements as "wild speculation" since I've repeatedly stated where the source of my information came from. Wild speculation is typically based on nothing.

Anyhow, I hope we're still cool.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2016, 18:43 Kxmode

nin wrote on May 6, 2016, 11:00:
Who is the sadomasochistic asshole who designed that web page? Holy shit, popups (the story) and video both (with ad blocker running)...

Note to self: never visit USAToday...

Yup. It's really atrocious. It's like they were trying to recreate the feel people get when they turn newspaper pages. It doesn't work as a website. Horrible UX design.

BTW modal is the industry term for that popup thingy you despise.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
31. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 17:53 Kxmode

Yifes wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:06:
Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 13:34:
You can tell overwatch was a salvaged project, the levels are uninspired and the whole game feels like team fortress rip off. The game itself is just meh, it isn't anything we haven't played before. People raving over this shit were all born after PC gaming in the 90's. Overwatch is largely stupid, if you played anything in the 90's this is nothing new at all.

Another dumbass analysis. Name one multiplayer FPS from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. If Suppa was talking about cars he'd think he's seen it all after the invention of the model T.

Overwatch IS a salvage project. It rose from the ashes of Project Titan; a MMO project Blizzard said they failed horrifically with. Suppa7's analysis is sound.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2016, 17:59.

20. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 16:18 Kxmode

descender wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:47:
Your assumption that a significant portion of PAYING customers are going to quit because they shuttered a FREE server is just mind boggling. And somehow Blizzard is going to lose money because people who were not paying them are now going to convince other people who are paying them to... quit?

Delusional. No one outside of your bandwagon of free-loaders is following you down this path.

250,000+ people signed the petition for official Legacy servers. Obviously an official server implies a subscription in order to play. "Free-loaders" is an unfair assessment to make given Blizzard had repeatedly said No to vanilla servers. I bought three copies of vanilla back in the day. However, according to Blizzard it is illegal for me to play my legally purchased copies on private servers. This is ridiculous. The sooner the LOC steps in an includes MMOs in the DMCA modifications the better.

18. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 16:11 Kxmode

nin wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:46:
You're spinning a pie in the sky narrative with nothing to back it up other than "trust me on this".

Last week, you announced the most popular mmo in the history of gaming would be shut down in 5 years, again, with nothing but "trust me,
I know stuff".

That's delusion. Your are letting your emotions cloud your judgement, and making wacky claims with no proof.

I cannot stress how important this point is: Analysis is NEVER delusional. It's the glue that helps people make educated guesses about the future. Seriously, people purchasing stocks typically base their conclusions on an analysis of company performance AND consumer response.

- We know, for a fact, Blizzard shut down Nostalrius at the very beginning of Q2; the negative effect is going to ripple throughout the entire quarter.
- We know, for a fact, Blizzard angered a sizable number of people.
- We know, for a fact, people have cancelled their WOW subscriptions.
- We know, for a fact, people have cancelled their Overwatch and Legion preorders.
- We know, for a fact, people have stopped buying Blizzard's other games.
- We know, for a fact, people have stopped buying DLCs for HOTS and Hearthstone.
- Many have said they will not see the Warcraft film (I'm not sure if this will happen, so I'm classifying it as a variable).

Those are facts as I've seen them online. ALL of this is either going to or has hit Blizzard like a tidal wave. Not only is their PR being damaged they are also sustaining financial damage as well.

Will Blizzard collapse because of this? No.
Will Blizzard fire anyone because of this? Likely no.
Will Blizzard sell millions of copies of Overwatch and Legion? Of course.
Will people resub to WOW to play Legion? Of course.
Will Blizzard bring vanilla servers online? (I'm not sure so that's why I'm classifying this as a variable).

These are also facts based on current and past indicators.

All of information above combined together helps create a reasonable conclusion that at the end of Q2 Blizzard is going to suffer from drastic reduction in Q2 profits. I believe I've presented my case very rationally. If you still think I'm being delusional then you're entitled to your opinion.

As far as the WOW shutting down in 5 years, again I made this prediction based on an analysis of several factors. I'm not going to go into the details of what they are but suffice it to say if Blizzard doesn't bring vanilla back WOW's shelf is going to drop to 5 years.

11389 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo