Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16051 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

General Discussion > Feedback on responsive layout

18. No subject Nov 6, 2019, 15:32 Kxmode

The ad provider serves a traditional desktop banner ad on the phone between days (It has the 468x70-ish size that doesn't work well on phones). Can they change this, on phones, to the interstitial ad?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 15:26 Kxmode

Frans wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 15:10:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 14:55:
That's caused by the ad on the bottom. Stephen, Frans, I recommend disabling that ad on phones until we can identify and resolve the issue.
This was a duplicate report, but since the ad provider didn't fix it yet, disabling it is a fair measure. Done.

One more issue. They're serving a desktop banner ad on mobile in between days. It has the 468x70-ish size that doesn't work well on phones. Can they change this, on phones, to the interstitial ad?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 15:17 Kxmode

I'm glad to read so many positive thoughts on the new layout. I also see all your concerns. I think it would help to provide a bit of context so you understand why things look the way they do in the new template.

First, keeping as much as the old design as possible was my primary consideration for the new template. I knew that because it is a brand new, responsive template, it wasn't going to be a pixel-perfect recreation. So Frans and I spent a great deal of time to get it as close to old design as possible. Think "modern, old-school."

Frans and I can continue to iterate upon and make improvements from your feedback. However, do realize that while the old website only concerned itself with desktop screens, today's Blues News now works across MANY devices. So we have to factor in that when making updates. Together, we can make the site better.

Thank you to Frans for your tireless efforts in modernizing the codebase (you have no idea how much work he did). A big thanks for Stephen for putting faith in myself and Frans to make this a reality, and a hearty thanks to Ant, JDreyer, and j.c.f. for their contributions. Last but not least, thank you for your feedback now and in the future.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 14:55 Kxmode

Rhialto wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 13:12:
Nice! But a few things to fix... on my phone I see unused space on the right... https://i.imgur.com/YhWaLEz.png ... is it because of the ad at the bottom?

On PC it's true that the menu on the left can be larger than before depending on resolution but it's not an annoyance to me. What's ugly though is the "Compacti" font used for sections like STORIES OF NOTE, POPULAR THREADS, etc. Should be a quick fix to change that bitmap font for a scalable one.

That's caused by the ad on the bottom. Stephen, Frans, I recommend disabling that ad on phones until we can identify and resolve the issue.

News Comments > The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion

19. Re: The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion Nov 5, 2019, 15:59 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 01:05:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 18:02:
Make sure you use fire. That's the only way to survive.
Heh, reminds me of a story on This American Life from a few weeks ago. The mother of the family was addicted to The Sims. So much so that she would make the kids do all the housework so she could play. She slept in the computer room so she could get up early in the morning and play right away. The daughter got so frustrated with her mother that she snuck into the computer room in the middle of the night while her mother slept on the floor. She logged in, walked the daughter character out of the house, barricaded the rest of the Sim family inside, and burned the place to the ground, killing everyone inside. Funny story, and cautionary tale.

Her reaction

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

37. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 5, 2019, 15:55 Kxmode

MeanJim wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 15:33:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 15:27:
Surprised that no has protested that Epic is violating his "First Amendment rights."

I'm pretty sure most know cheating isn't a first amendment right. People aren't that stupid.

Never underestimate stupid people.

This is true.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

29. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 15:55 Kxmode

Dacron wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 15:34:
Horse controls can be frustrating, I got stuck on one mission and had to restart it as it bugged out,

Sounds like Skyrim and Witcher 3

35. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 5, 2019, 13:55 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 17:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:31:
Dude, you just kicked yourself off the easy life boat. Welcome to the swim or sink option most of us have...

If I found out he got kicked out of professional gaming for cheating I wouldn't hire his ass to do much more than a mop job.

"It says here on your resume that you were a big time pro streamer and pro Fortnite player. Is this correct?"
"Yes."
"Interesting. So why are you here today? Why aren't you doing that?"
"I was banned from Fortnite for cheating."
"Really? Hmmmm.... well, I don't think we want someone like you working the registers here at McDonalds. Perhaps you can clean the parking lot."

34. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 5, 2019, 13:52 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 15:27:
Surprised that no has protested that Epic is violating his "First Amendment rights."

I'm pretty sure most know cheating isn't a first amendment right. People aren't that stupid.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

20. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 13:44 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 10:53:
I'll wait until it hits the high seas.

Red Dead Creed: Black Flag Redemption?

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

74. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 18:15 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 16:19:
Hump wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 10:29:
Path of Exile

Thats all.

The problem with path of exile is that most of the builds are not viable beyond a certain point of the game. So while you can have fun experimenting with different play styles, if you don't use the ~20 or so calculated math genius builds you don't get to see a large portion of the game, because you either can't survive, or can't do enough damage to get through a level. And there's no easy way to reset all of your stats. You have to start again.

So I love PoE up until you hit that part of the game where you're screwed if you didn't follow a build guide.

D3 was a bit too far in the other direction, where everything was safe, and easily changed, to the point where there wasn't much left in the way of character creation (I suppose it was more gear focused).

There's gotta be a happy middle ground, where there is plenty of customisation, and experimentation, but, also making sure, that most builds are viable.

Path of Exile is a great game, but not for casual players. I would argue it's not even for hardcore players. It's really for hardcore players who happen to be math geniuses (as you stated), and have money to burn. It does NOT forgive new players. Each league they make radical changes to the skill tree and gems so that a build that was viable in one league is significantly underpowered in the next. You also need a powerful computer to handle all the crazy math computations on the screen (a few players have figured out builds that can mathematically crash the service). The game prides itself on being hard by design. Because of that, it is heavily reliant on expensive "micro" transactions to offset its relatively small niche fan base. Charging $40 for a new hideout theme or $180 for a full armor set isn't what I would consider micro. But players do make those purchases and it keeps the game sustained indefinitely.

11. Re: The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion Nov 4, 2019, 18:02 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 17:08:
Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 16:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 14:04:
Ahh! Kreston, Kxmode, and possibly Fion enjoy The Sims! Ban them, before they further contaminate our hardcore PC gamers!

sudo ban /user Kreston

error: User not found.

Doh!

Foiled by spelling errors, now these Simfans are free to roam...

Make sure you use fire. That's the only way to survive.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2019, 18:27.

70. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 14:07 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:23:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:14:
Path of Exile
Thats all.
POE is an online-only game with an in-your-face MTX shop.
All of which are either cosmetic or additional storage/character slots, none of them impact game play.

That's NOT the point of my reply. The topic is about D4 being confirmed as online-only. The reply by Hump implied Path of Exile isn't an online-only game. I corrected that.

67. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 13:14 Kxmode

Path of Exile

Thats all.

POE is an online-only game with an in-your-face MTX shop.

66. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 13:12 Kxmode

Remember when single-player games came in a box without the need for the Internet?  

9. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 13:08 Kxmode

Looks like a recent graduate from the Filip Miucin School for Dramatic Apologies.

Now he can go get a real job like the rest us jokers.

3. Re: The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion Nov 4, 2019, 13:03 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 12:41:
It's popular to hate it in the "hardcore PC players" world, but Sims is actually a fun series if you like to build things.

Or if you like a relationship simulation. From single, to dating, to getting married, to having kids, and all the shenanigans in-between. There's really no other game quite like The Sims.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Announced

8. Re: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Announced Nov 1, 2019, 20:39 Kxmode

And with that, Blizzard has finally broken the lore with this trailer. They are now firmly in Game of Thrones season eight territory.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Announced

7. Re: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Announced Nov 1, 2019, 20:37 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 19:43:
Bill Borre wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 19:28:
Say what you will about Blizzard they know how to make good cinematics.

Well that's easy when you have slaves making them because you put profits over people.

No one cares about your political crusade, so you can stop. Take that over to OOTB.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist

16. Re: Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist Nov 1, 2019, 14:07 Kxmode

Nullity wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 13:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 13:21:
Nullity wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 12:47:
The lack of a wishlist feature is even more puzzling than not having a shopping cart. It's such an easy thing to program. I could literally knock it out in a day.
Where were you when they were hiring.
Working on something more complex that couldn't be passed off to the newly hired intern.

EGS BURN!

Or wishlisting games on Steam.

In all seriousness, EGS is the Paragon launcher repurposed. That launcher had ZERO ability to do anything other than show news and launch the game. It's also a glorified browser (based on Chromium).

16051 Comments. 803 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >