Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11880 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
9. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 13:13 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:00:
Star Citizen is simply not vaporware, and it should not be included on this list.

It is vaporware because the game pitched in 2012 isn't the same game they're working on today and it's not even remotely close to completion thanks to the massive scope creep. Letting people play an early alpha build isn't the same as releasing a finished product.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 13:04 Kxmode

I'm really sad this morning. Carrie Fisher died. She didn't survive her heart attack. Her death hit me way more than George Michael. 2016 is officially the worse year ever.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
5. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 12:48 Kxmode

I can't even.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 22:57 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 18:31:
George Michael just died, he was 53.

Sad. The man could sing.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 22:54 Kxmode

Thanks for sharing your family's story Riggs. I found it fascinating and sad. Your father sounds like an amazing man who was a victim of a series of unfortunate events. R.I.P. to your father.  

40. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 22:08 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 04:14:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 19:52:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:48:
K, y'all. Serious question:

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

I'm a bit partial to Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas myself.

I don't celebrate the holiday, but I like "It's A Wonderful Life", "Christmas Vacation," and "Scrooged"

Don't celebrate Christmas? I thought I recall you mentioning you're pretty Christian a few times. Perhaps because Xmas has moved so far away from its original meaning/purpose?

I am a Christian but don't celebrate Christmas for three very specific reasons.

1. Christmas is not in the Bible in any form. It's not a Christian holiday that Jesus or his followers observed in the first century. The core origins of Christmas go back to an ancient Roman pagan celebration called The Saturnalia, also known as Feast of Natalis Invicti ("birthday of the unconquered") for sun worshipers.

2. In the Bible, the Jews did not celebrate their birthdays. This custom was something the surrounding pagan nations did and seen by the Jewish people as a pagan thing. There are only two mentions of birthdays in the Bible at Genesis 40:20-23 and Matthew 14:1-13, and both of those ended in the death of someone. One was hung, and the other was beheaded.

3. Jesus' date of birth has not been mentioned in the Bible for a very particular reason. It was so people wouldn't celebrate his birth, which is precisely what Christmas is (a birthday celebration). His birth did not even happen in the winter months. In the account of his birth at Luke 2:8 it reads, "There were also in the same region shepherds living out of doors and keeping watch in the night over their flocks." If Jesus were born on December 25th, the shepherds would not have been living outdoors keeping watch over their flocks during the night because it would've been too cold, rainy, and miserable.

There's way more than the above. So much so that I put together this article, "What would Jesus Say About Christmas?" that goes into great details about the origins. That being said people can decide to do whatever they want. As a Witness, my job is simply to share the truths found in the Bible, like what Christmas really is.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2016, 21:07.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
14. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 25, 2016, 19:05 Kxmode

Oh my god, I actually rolled on the floor laughing. ROFL!!! Rotfl  

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
45. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 24, 2016, 04:56 Kxmode

verybad1 wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 04:38:
So if you eat a pizza, crap it out, then decide two day's later that you didn't "really" like it, do you deserve a refund?

Using your analogy it's more like the menu shows a pepperoni pizza, the person tells me I'll get a pepperoni pizza. He hands me my order and I get in my car. Along the way, I smell pizza. It smells good. 42 hours later, I get home, open the box, and find it's a chicken salad. I didn't pay for a chicken salad. I paid for a pepperoni pizza. What to do? The pizzeria is 42 hours away.

Anyhow, you're not going to convince me because I don't believe you ever played NMS. You can't possibly understand the point of why people are asking for refunds after playing for 40+ hours.

39. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 20:51 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 20:08:
I look at it like this: When you put a full 43 hours into a game, you no longer qualify for a refund. No matter how bad the game sucked. Nono

You're entitled to your point of view but I respectfully disagree.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 19:52 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:48:
K, y'all. Serious question:

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

I'm a bit partial to Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas myself.

I don't celebrate the holiday, but I like "It's A Wonderful Life", "Christmas Vacation," and "Scrooged"

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 19:38 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 18:24:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 05:31:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 19:20:
So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type.

He lives in Fort Lauderdale. His business is located just south of that in Aventura. I know more than that. Did the research when I was looking into his past.

Am I good or what? I've been down here way too long. Suppose that's no one's fault but my own but I will say that once you're here, it's really hard to leave and when you do, as I did in 2000, it somehow manages to pull you right back. A lot of my friends had a hard time leaving and staying gone, returning multiple times. Aside from that one time, I just stayed until I know I'll never come back.

I assume the cost of living is attractive in Florida compared to elsewhere. In California it's brutal with all the taxes. I think for every $1 I make about 35 cents of it is taken for taxes (e.g. food tax, eating out tax, gas tax, movie ticket tax, state tax, federal tax, cell phone tax, and on and on and on.)

34. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 19:31 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 16:41:
They DID, in the case of NMS, offer a longer refund time. It wasn't immediate, but it did happen. As for the refund policy itself, I think it's fairly generous. People on this board seem to think that people AREN'T complete shitbags, but guess what...most people ARE. If they can play through an entire game and then return it, even if they enjoyed it, THEY WILL. That two hour refund policy has absolutely murdered some short indie games. Even if the game was only a dollar, people would refund them.

Have you played NMS? If you haven't then you don't know what 2-hours means in the context of No Man's Sky gameplay. By the way, NMS has no ending so nobody can actually play the "entire game."

24. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 15:34 Kxmode

A court found in May that Steam's website breached Australian Consumer Law because it stated consumers were not entitled to a refund and had no access to minimum quality guarantees.

I'm not defending Valve but they do actually have a refund policy. It's just really crappy and needs to be revamped. There should be situations, like in the case of NMS, where a refund is appropriate regardless of playtime.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 05:32 Kxmode

Fantaz wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 23:06:
a good steak is worth it... you deserve it!

Being a vegetarian is a huge missed steak!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 05:31 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 19:20:
So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type.

He lives in Fort Lauderdale. His business is located just south of that in Aventura. I know more than that. Did the research when I was looking into his past.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 18:35 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 12:17:
So, moral of the story? Don't move to Florida!

You know who else lives in Florida? Derek Smart

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 18:33 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 13:07:
Steam Winter sale has started.

"Well, obviously we have a Steam sale on the Internet. It's climbin' in yo Windows, and snatchin' yo money up, tryin' to sell games. So y'all need to hide yo wallets, hide yo checking accounts, and hide yo bonuses cause they putting every game on sale!"

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
23. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 21, 2016, 14:08 Kxmode

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 13:51:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 13:06:
I was tempted to sell my super rare pre-nerf Hoary Mattekar Robe on eBay but I kept for sentimental reasons. There was no such thing in AC as BOP or BOE making it super easy to get rid of high levelled items for cash-money.

Were those the robes that were bright white?

Yup!

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
20. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 21, 2016, 13:06 Kxmode

Choachy wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 08:25:
I played AC for many years, and it was my first MMORPG. I guess I played it until WoW came out. And I had completely forgotten about the spell learning system. Burning through tapers left and right to learn a spell. Fizzling spells on cast because I wasnt high enough to get 100% was awesome. I remember the big world events where the devs would control the big demon shadow guy (can't remember his name) and Asheron.

The big guy was called Bael'Zharon.

Two of my fondest memories of the game besides the many friends I made in it: Crafting the sword that could be one of 4 elements using all those ingots (I cant remember the name of anything now). It took me a long time to collect those mats, but man, it was an accomplishment when I did it.

I believe you're referring to the Atlan Weapons (super powerful at the time). The four stones that gave the weapon different damage types was Major Shivering for cold damage, Major Smoldering for fire damage, Major Sparking for electrical damage, and Major Stinging for acid damage. I believe I used my Atlan weapon until I got a Singularity weapon.

And collecting some random plate boots, mentioning it in chat, and some guy offering to pay real cash for them. This is the one and only time in ANY video game ever, that I sold an item for real money. I gave the boots to a trustworthy third party to hold them while this guy physically mailed me a check (think pre-paypal).

Absolutely. I used to sell Virindi Masks on eBay for $25 a pop. Besides looking cool, because who didn't want to look like a Virindi, they also had decent stats. I was tempted to sell my super rare pre-nerf Hoary Mattekar Robe on eBay but I kept for sentimental reasons. There was no such thing in AC as BOP or BOE making it super easy to get rid of high levelled items for cash-money.

Now Im going to have to look up some AC videos and reminisce.

Me too!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Sabotage Plans
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Sabotage Plans Dec 20, 2016, 22:53 Kxmode

I can't stand it. I know they planned it!

11880 Comments. 594 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo