Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11743 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
24. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 18:30 Kxmode

One down. A few more to go.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2016, 04:08 Kxmode

My 1 share of Activision-Blizzard is doing well. I made 14 whole cents!

Actually, bought the share so I could be a shareholder, so that, as a shareholder, I could be invited to shareholder meetings where I can ask the powers that be why Blizzard doesn't want... actually, it doesn't matter.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2016, 02:44 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 16:39:
Unfortunately for me Fry's is about 110 miles away.

Newegg is a great alternative. IMHO they have one of the best RMA systems. Last time I used it they prepaid for the returns using UPS (though they may use FedEx now). I don't know many companies who do that.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2016, 02:42 Kxmode

Armengar wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 07:04:
Cinema is a complete rip off these days, jot like i remember as a kid.

I disagreed but to each their own.

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
15. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 00:58 Kxmode

Graham wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 22:48:
sdgundamx wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 21:09:
TRANSLATION:

"We know there are a lot of suckers who buy into the hype and pre-order our games or buy them on Day 1. But bad reviews cut the rails off our gravy train when they come out before release because people read them and cancel their pre-orders or decide not to buy on Day 1. So, from now on we will make sure there are no reviews until after we have milked our cash cows dry."

They literally say wait for the reviews in their fucking response. How on earth are you coming to this conclusion?

Edit: I posted an irrelevant reply that I would like to take back.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2016, 01:05.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
15. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 20:46 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 16:08:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 15:55:
I don't know if anyone outside of California calls San Francisco by its slang Frisco, but if that's the first you heard of it... well, the more you know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ19ahNyM3I&t=0m45s

I've heard more than a few people still call it that even if people living in San Francisco think it's not proper.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 16:08 Kxmode

I am disappointed FFXV is not coming out on PC. After watching the Kingsglaive film, I was looking forward to playing it to see how the story unfolds for Ravus and Lunafreya.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
8. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 15:55 Kxmode

I don't know if anyone outside of California calls San Francisco by its slang Frisco, but if that's the first you heard of it... well, the more you know!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 15:47 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 12:57:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 20:37:
My RAM blew up today. That was fun.
I think my video card is getting ready to blow up. I've had 3 video driver crashes in the last week -- only recovered on the fly from one. Thought maybe the fan had died, but checked that and it is still working. The PC is 4.5 years old now, it might be time to bite the bullet and get a new one. Unfortunately this would mostly likely mean going to Win 10, which I'm not particularly excited about. I'll mull it over for a while...

My understanding is memory problems happen either gradually (appears to be your issue) or suddenly (like what happened to me). If you use Windows 10, you can use Windows Diagnostic Tool to check your memory's health. This site has steps.

For me, this was the first time I have seen my memory suddenly blow-up. I was in the middle of watching a Youtube video when the first BSOD appeared and the problems got progressively worse from there. Several hours later in Safe Mode, I continued to see BSOD screens related to MEMORY_MANAGER, KERNAL_SOMETHING_SOMETHING_DARKSIDE, and a few other memory related handles. That is when I pieced together that it was not a Windows update or recent video drivers since the BSODs would appear whenever I tried to launch any apps (except Windows itself). I drove to Fry's and picked up a pair of 8GB DDR3 1600 Patriot Vipers for $100. My computer ran flawlessly for the rest of the night.

Side thought. I wonder how many people living in rural communities misunderstand "My RAM blew up today?" (truck, animal, computer)

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2016, 20:37 Kxmode

My RAM blew up today. That was fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 23, 2016, 20:35 Kxmode

I could be wrong but I think the reason Civ6 is listed four times relates to the number of different options on the Steam store page.

Buy Sid Meier's Civilization VI $59.99
Buy Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Digital Deluxe $79.99
Buy Steam Controller + Civilization VI Digital Deluxe $129.98
Buy Steam Controller + Civilization VI $89.98

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2016, 12:48 Kxmode

If you eat a sandwich with mustard while playing BF1 is that "too soon?"

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2016, 17:23 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 10:30:
Also that Logan trailer looks surprisingly decent...

Indeed. I was getting some serious The Last Of Us vibes from the last few seconds.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
36. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 17:20 Kxmode

I think the fail with Nintendo is that they don't understand their audience. People want their games to be mobile, but they don't want to lug around a bunch of devices. What they should have done is made Android and iPhone apps that seamlessly let people take their games on the go with the devices they already use!  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2016, 12:16 Kxmode

I recently was forced to watch The Price Is Right while waiting for my doctor's appointment. I think I heard the phrase, "The number #1 network in daytime television for 30 years" about 50 times. So I guess they have that.  

News Comments > Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling
5. Re: Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling Oct 18, 2016, 11:54 Kxmode

Nimh wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 11:41:
This is not normal trading or market place transactions.. it's gambling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_gambling

Valve claims they can not control it, which is quite a convenient argument to defend their bottom line.

Thanks. The More I Knowô

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 11:28 Kxmode

Black Mirror. Is it good?

News Comments > Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling
3. Re: Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling Oct 18, 2016, 11:08 Kxmode

............................................________........................
....................................,.-ĎĒ...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-Ē...................................ď-.,............
.........................,/...............................................Ē:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:Ē........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....ď~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....Ē~,_........ď~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......Ē=,_.......ď-,_.......,.-~-,},.~Ē;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......Ē=-._......ď;,,./`..../Ē............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......ď~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-Ē...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

This isn't gambling. Steam users crave those item skin cards, so that's created a dynamic market of supply and demand. It's a virtual product no less different than the virtual items Blizzard sells for WOW, Anet for GW2, and many other properties. What makes this particularly sad is that it is coming from Washington. Besides California and Texas, I've always seen Washington state as being tech savvy. This gives me pause.

News Comments > Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer
5. Re: Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2016, 03:14 Kxmode

Osc8r wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 23:38:
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
Please don't be full of stupid AI doing nothing else but pillaging your shit (which will be 50x more frustrating with the new city tiles).
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.

Maybe they will send a diplomat to demand immunity hugs or a nice round of Stratego. Who am I kidding? They will do nothing else but pillage you blossoming city. But, hey, the fidelity will be grand!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 14:51 Kxmode

That's a tasty and painful looking sandwich Blue.  

11743 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo