Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15258 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: Three Kingdoms Sells 1M
11. Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Sells 1M May 31, 2019, 01:45 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 30, 2019, 09:06:
Talisorn wrote on May 29, 2019, 23:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 29, 2019, 22:13:
Steam is totally dead y'all.

Well ... when it's a Steam Exclusive in all but name, you have no choice but to use Steam, do you?

And they complain about Epic. *sheesh*

Valve didn't pay the publisher to make it a Steam exclusive. Your "point" is invalid.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Sells 1M May 31, 2019, 01:42 Kxmode

Talisorn wrote on May 30, 2019, 04:47:
MeanJim wrote on May 30, 2019, 02:37:
Talisorn wrote on May 29, 2019, 23:49:
Well ... when it's a Steam Exclusive in all but name, you have no choice but to use Steam, do you?

And they complain about Epic. *sheesh*

Valve/Steam didn't bribe the publisher to make it a Steam exclusive.

People were bitching about Epic well before any of that started happening. Gearbox chose exclusivity. So did Deep Silver. And they became pariahs because they wouldn't suck Gaben's dick. Yet Creative Assembly chooses to go onto Steam only and nobody bats an eyelid.

And don't forget the only reason why Steam started giving refunds was that the Australian government was taking them to court and they thought they could get out of it. Fuck Steam. They had the market on anti-consumer for years before anyone else came on board digital distribution. I'm glad their monopoly is being carved up.

Perhaps you missed the part where MeanJim wrote, rightly so, "Valve didn't bribe the publisher to make it a Steam exclusive." That's why nobody is up in arms about it. If the publishers wants to go exclusive on a particular platform that's their business. But when the platform pays a publisher not to sell their game on a competing platform that's when people get upset.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse May 31, 2019, 01:38 Kxmode

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on May 31, 2019, 00:50:
The Half Elf wrote on May 30, 2019, 22:30:
Dark Crystal... squeal or prequel?

Prequel I believe.

Confirmed. "In May 2017, it was announced that The Jim Henson Company, in association with Netflix, would produce a prequel to the film The Dark Crystal."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Google Just Gave 2 Billion Chrome Users A Reason To Switch To Firefox May 31, 2019, 01:35 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on May 30, 2019, 23:09:
Switched to Brave months ago, never looked back, fuck google.

I saw that browser mentioned in the article. Seriously thinking of switching as well. Do you know if Brave imports Chrome settings and bookmarks?

News Comments > Larian Teasing Baldur's Gate 3?
5. Re: Larian Teasing Baldur's Gate 3? May 31, 2019, 01:16 Kxmode

This studio does amazing work! Their Divinity games, especially Origin Sin 1 and 2, are wonderful classic RPGs. I could totally see them making a wonderful BG sequel.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2019, 00:39 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2019, 20:41:
Also, how's that new 2080TI? How fast does it run the original Crysis? :D

Plaid speed!

News Comments > Obduction Free in GOG.com Summer Sale
16. Re: obduction is boring. Free is good. May 31, 2019, 00:38 Kxmode

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 30, 2019, 12:46:
WitcherOntheProwl wrote on May 30, 2019, 11:16:
I bought this on steam to test it out. Very, very boring game. The voice cast is really bad also. One of the worst games Cyan has ever made. It's free though so good enough. Glad I refunded this game last year.
And they've already started a Kickstarter for a new game.

And that means what exactly?

Nobody hits a home run every time.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare This October
21. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare This October May 31, 2019, 00:32 Kxmode

I have a 2080 Ti to take advantage of all the jazz matazz!  

News Comments > City of Brass Free on Epic Games Store
6. Re: City of Brass Free on Epic Games Store May 31, 2019, 00:31 Kxmode

Quality dropping. The end of the freebies is nigh.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 31, 2019, 00:17 Kxmode

Good news everyone. Alex Trebek's stage four cancer is near remission. "It's kind of mind-boggling ... the doctors said they hadn't seen this kind of positive result in their memory ... some of the tumors have already shrunk by more than 50 percent," Trebek says.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 30, 2019, 19:38 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on May 30, 2019, 01:01:
Microsoft Modern OS = do everything invisibly while connected to “the cloud”.

Count me in!

Microsoft was the first to join the NSA PRISM program. The NSA wanted Microsoft to add basic spyware to Kinect 2.0 with its always on, always watching, and always listening technology so they could track "potential threats." Back then Microsoft's definition of "invisibility" meant joining a top-secret spy agency program.

So no thanks, Microsoft. I'll pass on your BS "invisibility."

This comment was edited on May 31, 2019, 00:18.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2019, 19:29 Kxmode

Sodapoppin is streaming Classic WOW with 36K viewers. Others are streaming Classic with 9k, 10k, and so forth. Basically Classic WOW makes up more viewership numbers than BFA. Between Classic and BFA, WOW is the 5th highest watched game on Twitch ATM. So one could conclude a game that is 15-years-old is almost as popular as Fortnite, Counter Strike, GTA5 and League of Legends. Whoever said Classic WOW has no market or no interest is a tool.

In other news, Anthem has less viewers than Microsoft Fight Simulator X and Tetris. Valve's colossal Hearthstone-clone failure Artifact has more viewers than Anthem.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2019, 19:47.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 29, 2019, 22:21 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2019, 21:04:
Yeah, it depends on what they really mean by "invisible", as long as that doesn't also mean "unlogged"...

Pretty sure invisible means happens in the background without the user's knowledge. There will be a log of it, but the update itself will be hidden to end user. When users encounter computer problems, they might not think to look at Windows and first think hardware or some recent software they installed. Only after hours of searching online do they come across a post with the same issue and someone mentioning there was a recent "invisible" update. Microsoft needs to go back to way updates were; optional and visible to end user. Letting the user know an update is ready and letting them decide when to apply the update is the best and only option Microsoft should choose.

1. Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Sells 1M May 29, 2019, 22:13 Kxmode

Steam is totally dead y'all.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 29, 2019, 20:20 Kxmode

Usually, problems can be traced back to recent Windows updates. However, when the updates are invisible, and you encounter an issue, it'll be very challenging to pinpoint the cause. Nobody wants to spend hours searching for the reason to a problem only to find out 5 hours later it was a recent invisible Windows update. Making the updates invisible is a total disaster.  

News Comments > Sea of Solitude in July
5. Re: Sea of Solitude in July May 28, 2019, 18:15 Kxmode

"Sea of Solitude centers on the essence of loneliness and tugs on the heartstrings of its players by mirroring their own reality"

Oh stop, EA. The only heartstrings you tug on is the essence of financial loss associated with your slimy microtransactions.

6. Irony May 28, 2019, 14:23 Kxmode

People kick the bucket while doing a bucket list item.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2019, 14:00 Kxmode

You will genuinely laugh!

Thanks for news Blues!

News Comments > 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event
25. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 14:38 Kxmode

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 25, 2019, 11:06:
Thanks Gabe for these 7 steaming turds

Having put over 100 hours into Grim Dawn, I know for a fact, is it not a "steaming turd." It's a cross between Diablo 2 and Path of Exile. An enjoyable game to play that looks great on 4K with all the settings maxed out. Combat is challenging. The story is interesting. I like the synergy between the classes, devotion tree, and weapon stats. They all work together and independently to produce exciting gameplay.

18. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 05:37 Kxmode

Words uttered by a master thespian.  

15258 Comments. 763 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo