Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14334 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > American Truck Simulator: Special Transport Released
1. Re: American Truck Simulator: Special Transport Released Nov 8, 2018, 15:09 Kxmode

ATS is guilty pleasure. It's fun to drive up and down the I-5 corridor delivering between California and Oregon, and in 4K60 with all settings maxed out the game looks good. Race  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2018, 19:54 Kxmode

Are we done with the Diablo shenanigans?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination
1. Re: Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination Nov 6, 2018, 20:24 Kxmode

I'm not touching this with a 100 foot pole. *slowly walks away*  

News Comments > Hearthstone Celebrates 100M Players
9. Re: Hearthstone Celebrates 100M Players Nov 6, 2018, 18:26 Kxmode

Is this Blizzard's ("Hey, Is that the Good Year blimp?!" *dashes away*)  

News Comments > GRIP: Combat Racing Races Out
3. Re: GRIP: Combat Racing Races Out Nov 6, 2018, 13:20 Kxmode

Hands down, day one purchase.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 4, 2018, 16:39 Kxmode

Recorded another video to show you the mouse functions just like a PC game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKMnakAyu24  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 4, 2018, 16:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 15:59:
From the article, they had conversations about fan reaction, so they knew this was a possibility, yet failed to set expectations or mitigate.

It demonstrates in a very real sense how out of touch Blizzard is with their customers. As many pointed out, they should have ended the Diablo announcement with a Diablo 4 teaser trailer. It would have DEFINITELY softened the blow of Immortal and may have made people more receptive to checking it out knowing a full-fledged D4 game is coming soon. Bringing gamers to new platforms goes both ways. Blizzard cannot realistically expert their core PC audience to just blindly be happy with a mobile-only experience to one of their major IPs. lol

5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 4, 2018, 16:21 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 16:15:
okay, no mouse cursor rendering because it's touch.

Actually, no mouse cursor rendering because I didn't enable that in Bandicam.

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 16:15:
it works but it still looks like a sub-par gaming experience, leaps and bounds better than playing it on mobile though.

Yeah. It's a better answer to that BlizzCon guy's question about if it would ever come to PC? Cheng was like "Android and IOS. No plans for PC." I just solved that guy's question.

3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 4, 2018, 15:54 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 15:49:
what are you using for control interface, console controller?

Good old KB/M. As you see in the recording, BlueStacks provides a lot of keymapping and control options. I went with basic WASD D-PAD for the movement, and used my mouse for the actions. It felt very nature and close to Diablo 3 and other similar ARPG titles. I'm going to research to see if BlueStacks is ever going to add gamepad support. But in the meantime, the KB/M scheme is good and feels natural like a PC game should.

1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 4, 2018, 12:53 Kxmode

Recorded 20 minutes of Endless of God gameplay through BlueStacks 4 running on Windows, basically the same engine that powers Diablo: Immortal. This will at least satisfy those who wanted to play it on PC and not their phones.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
62. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 07:03 Kxmode

There's a Windows 10 app called Bluestacks that is a highly recommended Android emulator. From what I've seen it looks pretty nice. Feels like Steam for Android games on Windows. It could transform Diablo: Immortal into a PC game with surprising quality.&#65279;  

61. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 06:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 04:05:
Ozmodan wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 20:07:
Let's face it, Blizzard is no more, it has been taken over by the Activision accountants.

There is no drive anymore to make good games, only games that briefly bring in money.

People that play mobile games are stooping to mediocrity.

A dev at a AAA studio wrote in to Gamers with Jobs:

"Meetings are no longer, 'How can we make the best game?' Meetings are 'How can we design the game to sell DLC and MTs?'"

There's a video of Steve Jobs taking about how Xerox basically lost their way. The marketing people took over the company and push out the product people who know how to make quality products. A great watch, but also a sad watch because you can see what he's talking about as happening in the video game industry over the past decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AxZofbMGpM

Very few big publishers are left that truly know how to make quality video games. CD Projekt Red is definitely the biggest one.

60. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 05:25 Kxmode

Side by side image and video comparisons between of Netease's Endless of God and Diablo: Immortal (also developed by Netease). Save for the map appearing on opposite sides, this is an identical product.

54. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 03:20 Kxmode

The Magician wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 01:53:
... this makes me even less want to go back into the gaming business. Salaries suck compared to outside of gaming development, the hours suck, the studios suck, and overall, there's a large vocal mass of customers that suck. Ya'all suck the life out of the devs, and then trash talk them for making things you don't personally care about. Hint: They didn't do it just for you, there's 6 billion other people on the planet, and a huge number of them who don't play PC games.

Diablo 1-3 are concurrently so old and optimized you can play these games on just about any PC. Even a $400 computer from Walmart will play those games. So it has nothing to do with access. It has to do with Blizzard bringing the game to those who prefer to play games on their phones. And they did it knowing full well both their core audience and the E-SPORTS audience is "PC MASTER RACE."

50. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 02:00 Kxmode

KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 01:19:
Customers at the blizzcon "what about PC?"
Blizzard - "don't you have phone?"
suck it

Here's the video for full effect. "dO YoU gUyS nOt hAvE pHoNeS?!" is the new "You think you do but you don't." lol

49. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 01:53 Kxmode

Steve Jobs explains what is going wrong with Blizzard today.  

48. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 01:38 Kxmode

Photos of a barren Diablo Immortal demo booth at Blizzcon. Savage.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 01:07 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 09:24:
Came here for the discussion on life changing AR Eyeglasses, am disappoint.

Hell changed. Let's talk about that. Fireman

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations
38. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations Nov 4, 2018, 01:20 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 14:35:
They got the classic part all wrong and they'll feel that soon. Nobody is asking for the old content. Some might think they do, but most don't. What should be classic are the social systems, like the LFG system and guild system -- but also the talent system! Oh, and remove cross-realm!

Put the classic, vanilla social system in the current WoW with all its expansions and people will eat it up.

That's not Classic. That's pristine. An ideal floated by J. Allen Brack in response to the true vanilla experience, and was subsequently booed by most vanilla/classic fans. The Classic demo is, from what I experienced, a real vanilla non-pristine experience. On the Horde side of the demo, Barrens Chat was back! Chuck Norris and Mankrik's wife jokes plus a ton of other silliness. Good times. Towards the end of Blizzcon, they removed the 1-hour debuff so people can play for hours. Unfortunately, the level 19 cap and Barens and Westfall zones are all the demo will reveal for now.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2018, 03:24.

44. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 01:07 Kxmode

Who would have thought the highlight of 2018 BlizzCon was legacy Warcraft content? LOL!  

14334 Comments. 717 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo