Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15867 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
35. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 21:35 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2019, 18:16:
Worth repeating, actually everything you wrote is worth repeating but I wanted to put special emphasis on it here because this part has twisted up quite a few undies.
"Epic isn’t keeping exclusivity forever, usually just a year. In this way, EGS is being less douchey than the other stores. And yet, more than half the people on this board can’t get that through their fucking skulls, and act like EGS is doing something unheard of and unforgivable. While they ARE doing something unheard of, namely “taking less than half the cut everyone else does”, somehow that’s super fucking evil."

Steam takes 30% = good
Epic takes 12% = BAD

This must be the new math that everyone is talking about. :)

EGS exclusives, no perks for consumers, and a platform held together by duct tape and chewing gum = BAD

Please don't sugar coat what EGS truly is. It's not about benefiting consumers, it's about empowering publishers.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 21:22 Kxmode

Primalchrome wrote on May 19, 2019, 14:04:
HoSpanky wrote on May 18, 2019, 23:46:
Just admit that you’re angry old ballsacks who are stubborn about wanting to do things the way you always have and having a new icon on your desktop terrifies you. Because that’s it. That’s all that’s going on here.
LOL. So you sum up about 10 issues with Epic/EGS to 'fat old white guys don't want another icon'. Brilliant.

ENOUGH with the stereotyping and borderline racism! If you want to make a point, make it. But don't throw in "fat old white guys." That's spitefully ignorant BS.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Bethesda has officially removed Denuvo from the Steam version of RAGE 2 May 19, 2019, 00:23 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on May 17, 2019, 09:58:
Kxmode wrote on May 17, 2019, 03:51:
I like their comment: "Removes Denuvo DRM (We saw a few requests.)"

No point in having it, it's been cracked and on the torrent sites for a week now...hell, there's even smaller repacks of it already! They're only hurting themselves by keeping it.

It's been removed so your point is kind of moot now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 00:20 Kxmode

Creston wrote on May 17, 2019, 10:06:
Awwww, not grumpy cat.

Good. (j/k that's what Grumpy Cat would've said)

News Comments > Death end re;Quest re;Leased
1. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 00:15 Kxmode

re;Ally!?

Blue, you're headlines always crack me up.

13. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 00:06 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2019, 15:16:
Primalchrome wrote on May 18, 2019, 15:06:
RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2019, 14:05:
EGS hate bash party because EPIC did X where X this time is discounted a game too much.
So, enlighten me.... Are you an Epic fanboi, or just hate Gabe/Steam? Your constant trolling for the lolz every time Epic fucks something up is very confusing. Usually you're happy to take potshots at idiotic corporations regardless of who they are....
Sorry for your confusion. I also use Steam. I have a state of the art pc and installing multiple programs on it (ie launchers) does not scare me.
I am just glad to see someone going up against the monopoly that is Steam.

I don't agree with that, but I respect your point of view.

My biggest complaint against EGS is their exclusives. They claim it's good for consumers, but so far all it did was force people onto an inferior platform. Epic said their exclusives would benefit customer, yet I haven't seen any perks like charging $50 for games because the publisher gets a bigger cut (that might get me to buy from EGS). Even with the $10 discount, the publisher still makes more than on Steam. My auxiliary complaint against EGS is that it lacks 95% of the stuff Steam has. Eventually, EGS will catch up to Steam, but in the meantime, it's not a minimum viable platform. Epic shouldn't be forcing people to buy from a gaming store held together by duct tape and chewing gum.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Bethesda has officially removed Denuvo from the Steam version of RAGE 2 May 17, 2019, 03:51 Kxmode

I like their comment: "Removes Denuvo DRM (We saw a few requests.)"  

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
34. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 16:20 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 16, 2019, 11:46:
Timmeh wrote on May 16, 2019, 11:38:
yeah so... i signed up.

i love unreal Tournament.. gotta support epic.

I also bought Heavy Rain and John Wick Hex...

What can i say.
Sounds to me like a different color store front does not matter to you.
My local Bodega was painted Egg Shell, when they repainted it 7 years ago they changed the color to Off White and I quit going there for several days. And now just recently they changed the exterior color to Ivory. eff those guys

But at least they had the infrastructure in place to paint it "Egg Shell." Epic is not in any position to paint their store "Egg Shell" until they get their walls up, and have running water and power. You know, a minimum viable store.

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
33. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 16:18 Kxmode

Pass! Focus on making your store a minimum viable store on par with other platforms.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 20:57 Kxmode

Official title of the Captain Picard show announced.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 20:25 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 19:49:
Of course, man. You'll probably need a few weeks to break the new one in.

yupyup Nod

News Comments > Valve Trademarks DOTA UNDERLORDS
1. Re: Valve Trademarks DOTA UNDERLORDS May 15, 2019, 20:23 Kxmode

GABE NEWELL'S
DOTAUNDERLORDS

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 18:58 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 16:51:
Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 16:31:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:33:
Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 02:28:
Purchased a 2080TI.

And...? How is it?

I'm about to purchase another 2070. The last one crashed on certain games (DCS), but worked fine for others (E:D). Hoping a new hardware revision, or better drivers will be sufficient.

I don't have it yet. I'll get it in 1-2 weeks, so I'll let you know then.

That puts my current 1080TI likely up for sale. In July 2018, I paid $810 for a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16. This card is one of the best-in-class 1080TIs. So far, performance remains excellent and without issues. I didn't OC it, so there's plenty of life left in it. I'll likely offer it for $250 (shipping included) which is cheaper than a standard-priced 1080. Highly recommend for anyone on a 960 or less, but not ready to go full 2080 series.

I'd be interested. I'm still running a 670, which still runs great, but not good enough to power my VR HMD. Not really interested in RTX. Send you a PM?

EDIT: Oh, your Blues DM is off. Can you DM me?

Let's wait until I get the new card first. I want to make sure it fits in my case and all that jazz before I commit the 1080TI to someone. But you're first on the list followed by Dacote. I'll update you in the next week.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:31 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:33:
Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 02:28:
Purchased a 2080TI.

And...? How is it?

I'm about to purchase another 2070. The last one crashed on certain games (DCS), but worked fine for others (E:D). Hoping a new hardware revision, or better drivers will be sufficient.

I don't have it yet. I'll get it in 1-2 weeks, so I'll let you know then.

That puts my current 1080TI likely up for sale. In July 2018, I paid $810 for a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16. This card is one of the best-in-class 1080TIs. So far, performance remains excellent and without issues. I didn't OC it, so there's plenty of life left in it. I'll likely offer it for $250 (shipping included) which is cheaper than a standard-priced 1080. Highly recommend for anyone on a 960 or less, but not ready to go full 2080 series.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:16 Kxmode

Driver goes berserk when another driver won't let him merge.

Both are idiots!

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:10 Kxmode

There are now eight new gamer personas as declared by researchers based on today's gamers. In other words, "casual" and "hardcore" are out-dated labels.

- The Ultimate Gamer (13%) — You love nothing more than spending all your money and free time on games.
- The All-Around Enthusiast (9%) — You live a balanced gaming life in your playing, viewing, and buying habits.
- The Cloud Gamer (19%) — You're most likely an early adopter of game streaming services and will only spend money on hardware when necessary.
- The Conventional Player (4%) — You own tons of gaming hardware and would rather spend your time playing games than watching other people play games.
- The Hardware Enthusiast (9%) — You keep up with all the latest hardware trends and probably have a $5,000 extreme-build rig with RGB lighting everywhere.
- The Popcorn Gamer (13%) — You don't play games all that much, but you like watching others play.
- The Backseat Viewer (6%) — You used to game a lot, but you got older and life happened, so you get your kicks from watching esports and people play other games.
- The Time Filler (27%) — You play games to pass the time, when you have time, and you rarely touch a PC game.

Which one best describes you?

This comment was edited on May 15, 2019, 15:22.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:06 Kxmode

Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Rises
3. Re: Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Rises May 15, 2019, 14:59 Kxmode

Did either of you actually watch the show?

This comment was edited on May 15, 2019, 16:11.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black starwars May 15, 2019, 14:40 Kxmode

opie wrote on May 14, 2019, 20:06:
at this point, *yawn*
so sick of superheros
so sick of dragons
so sick of bad starwars movies.

There's Star Trek Picard.

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 06:36 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 14, 2019, 22:51:
I'm sure it will be a success to start with. The question is, will it have staying power? Or will people come to the realization their nostalgia for Classic WoW doesn't live up to the reality.

How many times are you guys going to keep bringing this up. Yes, it will have staying power. At its peak, which is pretty much around the time it closed, Nostalrius had an active player count of 150,000 (they considered active unique accounts that logged in within two weeks), and a concurrent player count of 13,000 (something classic WOW was never originally designed to handle). The only reason people stopped playing was because they were forced to. There's PLENTY who want to go back to the original WOW. I am personally looking forward to the classic 10-player dungeons like Stratholme and running Southshore / Terran Mill and Crossroads PVP skirmishes. Looking forward to 40-player raids to Molten Core. Also looking forward to the original Alterac Valley and the opening of the Ahn Qiraj gate world event. Those remain my absolute favorite moments in WOW.

15867 Comments. 794 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo