Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16772 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

19. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 18, 2019, 02:57 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 19:44:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 19:31:
Haven't heard of it. Where'd you see it, theaters or online? That cast looks amazing.
A movie about politics. The more things change the more they stay the same.
Don't forget The Crown season 4 is out, for a modern take.

As I stated before, it's a modern retelling of Shakespeare's Henry V. If you've only seen the plays or films, then you know they tend to be confusing given the archaic language. This one modernizes Shakespeare's most famous tale.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Terminator: Resistance Released

19. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 21:08 Kxmode

Rilcon wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 20:34:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 19:27:
Why is there a checkpoint? If the answer is consoles, today's console have hard drives making the checkpoint system obsolete. So why do developers persist with checkpoints? Does it take too much development time to put in a save/load anywhere system?
Pacing and dealing with save-scumming in a simple and obvious (to the player) way. Some developers want players to replay scenarios/encounters "as intended" and not "from the instant before things went wrong", and designing and implementing systems for detecting when things "will go wrong" before they actually do is folly in most genres. It is, simply, a design decision.

It's a flawed system in my opinion. How I choose to play a game is of no concern to the developers. If they want to tie my hands behind my back, then I have no qualms using a cheat to render their checkpoint system meaningless. Do they not realize cheats exist?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 19:27 Kxmode

Why is there a checkpoint? If the answer is consoles, today's console have hard drives making the checkpoint system obsolete. So why do developers persist with checkpoints? Does it take too much development time to put in a save/load anywhere system?  

7. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 17:44 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 15:45:
Lighten up, Francis!

Speaking up France, I watched The King. It is an excellent retelling of Shakespeare's Henry V but for a modern audience with modern dialog. It's slow but it keeps you watching until the end. There's also an incredible climactic epiphany that adds to the rather complex tapestry of rulership. You'll understand what I mean after you see it. Two thumbs up.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2019, 14:41 Kxmode

You're a strange individual, Parker.  

5. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 14:34 Kxmode

An 82 on MetaCritic from the Users Reviews and 86% on Steam. That's right around what Fallen Order and RDR2 is getting. So it is safe to conclude it is a good game and achieves what it set out to do. As one Steam user wrote, "Simply put, this is the best Terminator game ever made. OG Terminator fans owe it to themselves to play this."  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2019, 17:56 Kxmode

Did you hear people are fighting and dying over Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich?  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released

31. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 14:48 Kxmode

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 12:56:
Is it just me or does it seem ironic that in a game where you can only play a guy they have a girl selling the game in a commercial.

No. Because they show the game from the girl and her father's point of view. The younger and older generation sharing in the imagination.

30. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 14:46 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 12:16:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 04:25:
About three hours in and I'm still on the first planet. I'm pretty sure this is not a 12 hour game. The trajectory looks more like 20-30 hour.
There are 4 planets? How long before you finish it?

No idea, but the planet map shows I've only explored 36%. There are a lot of places I can't go yet because I don't have the force ability to reach it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Details?

1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Details? Nov 16, 2019, 14:36 Kxmode

Battle Royale and Call of Duty go together like PG&E and consistency.  

26. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 04:25 Kxmode

About three hours in and I'm still on the first planet. I'm pretty sure this is not a 12 hour game. The trajectory looks more like 20-30 hour.  

25. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 04:13 Kxmode

Choobeastia wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 00:28:
MeanJim wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:37:
Even if I were interested, it would be a no buy for these reasons:

3rd-party DRM:
* Denuvo
* EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required.
* Requires 3rd-Party Account: EA Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

Understandable if you haven't made that leap previously. For me, Origin isn't a big issue, as I have Origin Access, and save a ton of money on games monthly that way.

One correction, though. The game doesn't us Denuvo DRM. At least, I have not been able to find any references to it on the Origin page, on the Steam Page, or doing searches on the internet.

Actually, it does. "Denuvo Software Solutions manages the digital rights for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Denuvo supports Anti-Tamper, Application License Management, Anti-Cheating, Optical Media Protection, and Media & Process QC. So, cracking the new Star Wars title won’t be an easy task." Personally, it runs fast enough for me not to care. I also legally purchased the game so I don't care if another layer of DRM is in place as long as it doesn't affect performance, which, so far, it hasn't.

News Comments > Fortnite/Star Wars Crossover

1. Re: Fortnite/Star Wars Crossover Nov 15, 2019, 18:40 Kxmode

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order doesn't have microtransactions. What madness is this?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2019, 13:26 Kxmode

Upgrading to 1000 Mbps next week. I can't even fathom how fast that is.  

News Comments > Microsoft's xCloud Forecast

5. Re: Microsoft's xCloud Forecast Nov 15, 2019, 13:23 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 03:14:
"We also believe in the freedom to sell the data we spy out of of all of you gullible assholes to any other assholes of our choosing on a highest bidder basis".

Put away your tinfoil hat bruh.

Goodness. Conspiracy theorists.

6. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 13:17 Kxmode

Controls tend to be glitchy during gameplay cutscenes. The camera forces you (no pun intended) to look in a certain direction and in so doing starts mildly shaking (not a deal breaker for me). I'm sure that'll get patched up soon.

Outside of that, so far it's fun. Controls are basic (in a good way). Audio is good. The music sounds great! It has the same style of John Williams with many of the subtle elements of the Star Wars theme to reinforce the Star Wars universe, but different for this story. Last, I see consistent 4K90 with ultra settings. I don't remember seeing framerate drop below 90 even during the grandiose money shots. So far it's buttery smooth and looks amazing.

Bought on Steam. Chuckled when the Unreal Engine logo appeared. lol

There's no microtransaction store or anything of the sort! So EA wasn't kidding when they said it wouldn't be there. Course that's today. They might introduce one later after the reviews are out.

News Comments > Microsoft's xCloud Forecast

1. Re: Microsoft's xCloud Forecast Nov 14, 2019, 21:10 Kxmode

This might be a good compromise. Being able to play Xbox games on Windows or Windows games in 4K60 ultra on Xbox. Could be a boon for a variety of reasons. I also understand the need to charge an admission fee via purchasing the game. However, I think the problem with cloud gaming is the streaming model itself. It's a "you think you do, but it don't" thing. Most people think cloud gaming should be about accessing games like a streaming services for a flat monthly fee. So far none of the services do this.  

News Comments > Get The Messenger for Free

8. Re: Get The Messenger for Free Nov 14, 2019, 18:43 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 18:31:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 18:24:
We are now getting into the territory of "snagging" this game is not work the time and effort.
I will need surgery for the 4 mouse clicks and therapy for the lost 27 seconds of my life. woe is me

And you did it all without a shopping cart this time. Good jerb.

News Comments > Get The Messenger for Free

5. Re: Get The Messenger for Free Nov 14, 2019, 17:41 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 14:23:
We've gone so deep in to the "retro" rabbit-hole that we're now emulating EGA graphics on 1080+ capable systems.

I'll do you one better.

News Comments > On Rune II Support

7. Re: On Rune II Support Nov 14, 2019, 14:58 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 12:37:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 22:51:
That clears up questions I had about who will support the game after launch.

That was irony, right?

No. But I see what you mean now.

16772 Comments. 839 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >